PDA

View Full Version : Javale McGee breaking out this year

Nick Young
09-18-2012, 06:40 AM
He focusin up.
Hittin the gym hard.
Flying bitches out to Denver and not buying them Chipotle.
Working on his game.

2012-2013 is the year Javale McGee begins to live up to his potential.

noosaman
09-18-2012, 07:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he contracted HSV-2 some time ago, man.

coin24
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Modern day Wilt:bowdown:

tontoz
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
He played like an idiot during a contract year but he will step it up after he got paid? Uhh..... ok

KLovin
09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I hope Javale can break out this year. Would add another good center to the relatively short list of them in today's NBA. The change of scenery over in Denver seemed to do him some good. He seemed more focused and aggressive, and also less of a 'tard.

NugzFan
09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
He played like an idiot during a contract year but he will step it up after he got paid? Uhh..... ok

No he didn't

get these NETS
09-18-2012, 03:41 PM
breaking out this year ONLY he gets the measles,hives or some shit

kNIOKAS
09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
yeah right.. just ask his mother

Clutch
09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
He focusin up.
Hittin the gym hard.
Working on his game.

:oldlol:

FKAri
09-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Sometimes even hard work AND god given physical talent aren't enough. Because the intellect is a human being's most powerful tool.

D.J.
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
He'll never breakout until his ball IQ surpasses that of a 6th grader.

swi7ch
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast!

Won't be long now before he's the next best center behind D12. He is the reincarnation of Wilt Chamberlain!

SHAQisGOAT
09-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, George Karl said he plays like Kareem... He also said Kevin Love is comparable to Bird... Karl smokes that good ish.

G-train
09-18-2012, 07:42 PM

He played better as time went on at Denver.

swi7ch
09-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, George Karl said he plays like Kareem... He also said Kevin Love is comparable to Bird... Karl smokes that good ish.

Love is white and so is Bird
Love shoots 3s and so does Bird

Karl speaks the truth. :bowdown:

Peteballa
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
He focusin up.
Hittin the gym hard.
Working on his game.

:applause: :applause: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Repped

Bandito
09-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Well he had cancer and sometimes cancer patients smoke the good stuff to relieve some of the pain from the chemo so he probably got addicted:roll:

BlackVVaves
09-19-2012, 04:31 AM

There is no way Karl said McGee plays like Kareem. You have to provide a link to that, I know Karl is delusional and overrates his players like **** but no way he said something that stupid.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 07:30 AM

In Denver he didn't even play much, only 20 games playing 20 minutes a game off the bench.

Denver fans will be sick when they see this guy starting and the opposing team running one pick and roll after another for layups.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
No he didn't

Yes he did. He ran back on defense when they had the ball.

He couldn't even post up isiah thomas so he tries to flop to get a call. when he doesn't get it he goes back on D, purposely lets a guy drive by him and then sends a goaltend spike into the stands.

He lets his man Tim Duncan drive the length of the court for a layup without even trying to stop him. Duncan must have been laughing after this play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hegKe_YX18

And those are just a few of the lowlights.

McGee is that rare player who managed to have the worst +/- on 2 teams. That is not an easy feat to accomplish.

kurple
09-19-2012, 07:55 AM
nene is worse. biggest ***** in the league, and just doesnt give a **** anymore

have fun being stuck with that

tontoz
09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
nene is worse. biggest ***** in the league, and just doesnt give a **** anymore

have fun being stuck with that

Even not giving a **** he still played harder than McGee did in a contract year. And Nene has a brain. McGee was born without one.

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Yes he did. He ran back on defense when they had the ball.

He couldn't even post up isiah thomas so he tries to flop to get a call. when he doesn't get it he goes back on D, purposely lets a guy drive by him and then sends a goaltend spike into the stands.

He lets his man Tim Duncan drive the length of the court for a layup without even trying to stop him. Duncan must have been laughing after this play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hegKe_YX18

And those are just a few of the lowlights.

McGee is that rare player who managed to have the worst +/- on 2 teams. That is not an easy feat to accomplish.

oh im sorry...you are quite confused...

he ran back on defense when they had the ball...while with the wizards

he couldnt post up thomas...while with the wizards

he intentionally goaltended a ball...while with the wizards

he let duncan drive the court...while with the wizards

hmmm...i wonder what the common theme is here :oldlol:

you are clearly bitter. all of mcgee dumb plays were with the washington wizards. since coming to denver, none of this happened. not even close. in fact, he hit a game winner with denver, helped win playoff games, etc while in denver...the two franchises are just on different levels.

and the best part is, he actually plays games.

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Even not giving a **** he still played harder than McGee did in a contract year. And Nene has a brain. McGee was born without one.

i hope things work out well for nene - i really do.

however, your bitterness is laughable :oldlol:

get over it.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
i hope things work out well for nene - i really do.

however, your bitterness is laughable :oldlol:

get over it.

Bitterness? How am i bitter? I just responded to an idiotic post in a ridiculous thread.

How many players with attitude issues break out the year AFTER they sign a big deal? If anyone has any examples feel free to share.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 03:00 PM

you are clearly bitter. all of mcgee dumb plays were with the washington wizards. since coming to denver, none of this happened. not even close. in fact, he hit a game winner with denver, helped win playoff games, etc while in denver...the two franchises are just on different levels.

So moving to Denver magically made him a different player? He was playing 3rd string with Denver, not exactly a lot of responsibility. He only started 5 games.

Did you even know he has asthma? Playing in the thin air will really help.

Maybe moving to Denver will give him the strength to post up 5'9" isiah thomas.

swi7ch
09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
all of mcgee dumb plays were with the washington wizards. since coming to denver, none of this happened. not even close. in fact, he hit a game winner with denver, helped win playoff games, etc while in denver...the two franchises are just on different levels.

I agree with this guy. Credit to George Karl for making an impact on McGee! :bowdown:

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Bitterness? How am i bitter? I just responded to an idiotic post in a ridiculous thread.

How many players with attitude issues break out the year AFTER they sign a big deal? If anyone has any examples feel free to share.

I don't know why you are bitter. Just saying you are

Don't get upset at me for that.

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
So moving to Denver magically made him a different player? He was playing 3rd string with Denver, not exactly a lot of responsibility. He only started 5 games.

Actually yeah it did make him better :oldlol:

Did you even know he has asthma? Playing in the thin air will really help.

Asthma didn't affect him last year. Won't affect him this year.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Actually yeah it did make him better :oldlol:

Asthma didn't affect him last year. Won't affect him this year.

So Denver signed him to that big contract to play 20 minutes a game? Sure his asthma won't be a big factor if he spends most of the game on the bench. Duh

:facepalm

FYI McGee averaged 12/9 with 2.5 blocks as a starter with the Wizards, not playing 3rd string behind the legendary Koufos and Mozgov.

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 04:40 PM
So Denver signed him to that big contract to play 20 minutes a game? Sure his asthma won't be a big factor if he spends most of the game on the bench. Duh

:facepalm

FYI McGee averaged 12/9 with 2.5 blocks as a starter with the Wizards, not playing 3rd string behind the legendary Koufos and Mozgov.

If he gives us 20 good minutes im ok with that - doesnt matter if he starts or not

tontoz
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
If he gives us 20 good minutes im ok with that - doesnt matter if he starts or not

$11 million/yr to play less than half the game?

:roll:

kurple
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
not in denver. McGee played MUCH harder in Denver than Nene

And if Nene didnt give a **** in Denver, why would he in Washington?

I can see why McGee didnt care in DC

tontoz
09-19-2012, 05:07 PM

Yeah it isn't like he was trying to earn a big contract or anything.

:rolleyes:

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 05:30 PM
$11 million/yr to play less than half the game?

Your right. We should have given him 4 million more per year to play half the season.

Oops :oldlol:

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM

Exactly. The difference in the quality and professionalism in the two franchises is huge. Good change in scenery for javale - worked well last year and so far this summer he is working his ass off.

TheFan
09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
The only way Javalee McGee breaks out is if he joins the al qaeda and that would be more like "exploding" out.

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 05:45 PM
The only way Javalee McGee breaks out is if he joins the al qaeda and that would be more like "exploding" out.

While I can appreciate a good javale-is-dumb joke this one is just awful.

TheFan
09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
While I can appreciate a good javale-is-dumb joke this one is just awful.

someone did not take his meds today... lol... sorry it was a joke... i don't even follow JM, so idk if he is breaking out or not... i was just messing around.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM
For the record i don't hate McGee, i hate ignorant fans who think he will suddenly transform after leaving the Wizards. Sure didn't work that way for Arenas or Butler or Jamison or Haywood or Hughes.

Up until Feb i was undecided on whether to resign McGee. He had plenty of big games for the Wizards and centers are hard to find. However a few things became apparent at the same time.

First of all McGee has two major flaws in his game(soft and clueless)that simply aren't going to change. His lack of IQ doesn't hurt much on offense but it is a killer on defense. Whenever he has to make a quick decision defensively it is trouble.

He does have a legitimately good hook shot and was developing a decent drop step but his lack of a jumper and poor foul shooting limit his scoring.

Also in Feb i began to realize that Seraphin could easily be a better player than McGee, if he isn't already. He is already a far better defender and can shoot a polished jump hook with either hand, making McGee expendable. Seraphin went off after the trade and he can play good man D on anyone. The only real advantage McGee has on him is rebounding.

G-train
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
In Denver he didn't even play much, only 20 games playing 20 minutes a game off the bench.

Denver fans will be sick when they see this guy starting and the opposing team running one pick and roll after another for layups.

Karl seemed to have him playing pretty disciplined.
I watched him live once and he seemed a different player.
Not saying he will become a star, but my post stands:

I agree with your sentiments on Seraphin. Which leads me to ask why they took on Oak and Nene, and didnt rebuild with young guys.
To keep John Wall happy?

Bigsmoke
09-19-2012, 06:47 PM
we'll see.

the nuggets have a good staff over there

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 06:47 PM
someone did not take his meds today... lol... sorry it was a joke... i don't even follow JM, so idk if he is breaking out or not... i was just messing around.

Geez sorry. Just trying to give some constructive criticism.

I wasn't offended by the joke. Just wanted you to put a little more effort into it. :cheers:

TheFan
09-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Geez sorry. Just trying to give some constructive criticism.

I wasn't offended by the joke. Just wanted you to put a little more effort into it. :cheers:

:cheers:

lol... don't lose sleep on it bro... by the way it was kind of a lame joke... what does al qaeda have to do with JM? idk what was i thinking?

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 07:23 PM
For the record i don't hate McGee, i hate ignorant fans who think he will suddenly transform after leaving the Wizards. Sure didn't work that way for Arenas or Butler or Jamison or Haywood or Hughes.

Look at that - we agree on two things. I also do not hate McGee and I also hate ignorant fans.

Also in Feb i began to realize that Seraphin could easily be a better player than McGee, if he isn't already. He is already a far better defender and can shoot a polished jump hook with either hand, making McGee expendable. Seraphin went off after the trade and he can play good man D on anyone. The only real advantage McGee has on him is rebounding.

Whether seraphin is better than McGee or not has no barring on this discussion. Now if you want to change the topic to "reasons why Washington traded mcgee" we can do that

tontoz
09-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Whether seraphin is better than McGee or not has no barring on this discussion. Now if you want to change the topic to "reasons why Washington traded mcgee" we can do that

It's bearing not barring.

Anyway my point was that i don't hate McGee as a player but i have heard this song and dance from idiotic fans before. Lakers fans were saying that all Kwame needed was a change of scenery and he would break out. I remember guys saying he would average 15/8 with the Lakers

McGee is better than Kwame was but it is the same story. McGee is soft and clueless and that isn't going to change just because he got traded. He will have some big games to make you think he will be special but it just isn't going to happen.

tontoz
09-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Karl seemed to have him playing pretty disciplined.
I watched him live once and he seemed a different player.
Not saying he will become a star, but my post stands:

I agree with your sentiments on Seraphin. Which leads me to ask why they took on Oak and Nene, and didnt rebuild with young guys.
To keep John Wall happy?

Nene i can understand because they didn't have any quality vets. Okafor/Ariza for Lewis was a crap deal IMO. Okafor doesn't bring much they didn't already have and Ariza sucks. Not to mention that it kills their cap space for the next two years.

NugzFan
09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
It's bearing not barring.

Oh Ok, thanks so much!!!!

tontoz
02-08-2013, 08:13 AM
George Karl on McGee;

“He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”

:lol

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/george-karl-on-javale-mcgee-lazy-and-crazy-isnt-going-to-make-it-work/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So much for his breakout year.

BoutPractice
02-08-2013, 08:21 AM
But lazy and crazy is exactly why we love watching him in the first place!

niko
02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
He's not lazy. He's just a bit strange and like that whole washington team, occasionally their fundamentals confuse them.

kurple
02-08-2013, 12:17 PM
He's not lazy. He's just a bit strange and like that whole washington team, occasionally their fundamentals confuse them.
this

and karl is known for throwing people in the dog house without any good reason. See JR Smith

i'm fine with Kosta starting. He's also a beast. But McGee should get at least 25mpg

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
this

and karl is known for throwing people in the dog house without any good reason. See JR Smith

i'm fine with Kosta starting. He's also a beast. But McGee should get at least 25mpg

did you call kosta koufos whos averaging 7/6 a beast? :facepalm

kurple
02-08-2013, 01:04 PM
yes

NugzFan
02-08-2013, 01:37 PM
George Karl on McGee;

:lol

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/george-karl-on-javale-mcgee-lazy-and-crazy-isnt-going-to-make-it-work/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So much for his breakout year.

thats ok. we will take the more talented, less injured, younger, cheaper player. :rockon:

tontoz
02-08-2013, 01:42 PM
thats ok. we will take the more talented, less injured, younger, cheaper player. :rockon:

Strange that the Nuggets are 6.7 pts worse when that player is in the game.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12DEN14.HTM#onoff

I remember you were that idiot who said that McGee was a different player with the Nuggets. Looks like Karl disagrees. "Crazy and lazy" is exactly why the Wizards got rid of him.

Now the Nuggets are paying $11 million per year for a 19 minute per game backup.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 01:50 PM

I remember you were that idiot who said that McGee was a different player with the Nuggets. Looks like Karl disagrees. "Crazy and lazy" is exactly why the Wizards got rid of him.

Now the Nuggets are paying $11 million per year for a 19 minute per game backup.

Denver is clearly trying to develop him. I disagree with it because he's never going to be a high IQ player and he was stuck in Washington playing retard ball for his entire career. I say just let him off the leash.

McGee has been alot better in Denver. EVERYONE see's that. Announcers, coaching staff, even alot of Wizards fans have said that from what I've seen. I don't think we've faced a team since we've had him that hasn't commented on that.

He's a 19mpg back up who averages 10/5 + 2 blocks a game on 56% shooting and is right up there for the lead in dunks. He'll be 25 years old to start the season next year, would not surprise me one bit to see that 19 minutes go up too 25 and than maybe the year after that hit 28-30. That's why Denver paid him, clearly see him as a piece going forward.

Nuggets didn't have a choice so I'll never be upset. We paid Nene big bucks and he's injury prone as f*ck and just doesn't want to utilize all his talent every night. I'm sure teams weren't lined up to take him off our hands. We got a young center who's dumb as bricks but gives it his all every time he's on the court and has some of the best physical tools in the entire league. Haven't took a step back without Nene and we get to roll the dice to see what we can get out of McGee, which if you look at the L.A Lakers vs Nuggets playoff series last year was alot :confusedshrug:

tontoz
02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
The only difference between McGee now and last year is that now he plays more against backups. That is all. McGee averaged 12/9 with the Wizards last year.

His only real improvement has been foul shooting while his rebounding is way down.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The only difference between McGee now and last year is that now he plays more against backups. That is all. McGee averaged 12/9 with the Wizards last year.

His only real improvement has been foul shooting while his rebounding is way down.

Hmm .. Karl plays him all on situations depending on matchups and how everybody else is doing? I hate Karl's rotations but McGee will finish games against starters sometimes or he'll play against the bench.

He's taking 2 less shots with the Nuggets this year. Playing on a team that right now has home court advantage as opposed to what? How many games did the Wizards win on average when he was putting up numbers? Not to mention he was a HUGE factor in Denver pushing L.A to 7 games last year. Everybody seen the potential when he could put it together. He had some big games, and other games where he wasn't as good he still found a way to leave an impact.

He's shooting more efficiently, FT's are up. Still averaging double digit points and 2 blocks a game. Rebounding is down, obviously because he's playing like 8-9 less minutes a game. No doubt that's also why his mistakes are down and clearly what George Karl is trying to achieve. Put him on a leash and try to teach him. I dunno if it'll work but 2 years from now is when the questions will really be answered, if he's still the 20 minute back up that changes momentum or if he's starting and putting it together.

McGee is obviously a project. His post games looks better this year after working with Hakeem, still doesn't know how to use it and rushes things but he's knocked down a jumper or two. He's still making an impact right now and you hope with some good coaching a year or two down the line he'll be ready for more minutes on a competitive team, not the Wizards of the past 3 years.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
McGee is obviously a project. His post games looks better this year after working with Hakeem, still doesn't know how to use it and rushes things but he's knocked down a jumper or two.

His post game was good last year with the Wizards. His jump hook was almost automatic and he was starting to use a drop step with some effectiveness. But he was a black hole and still is.

The Nuggets obviously have better spacing than the Wizards which should give him more opportunities but his offense wasn't the problem. His horrible defensive awareness was the problem.

NugzFan
02-08-2013, 02:21 PM

strange...mcgee is more talented. younger. cheaper. less injured.

glad you were able to miss every single one of those points.

:oldlol:

and id much rather pay 11 million for a 19 mpg talented/efficient backup center than 15 million for a guy who doesnt win games, is 30 (or older?) and misses half the season. im sure thatll get you to the next level. go wiz.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
His post game was good last year with the Wizards. His jump hook was almost automatic and he was starting to use a drop step with some effectiveness. But he was a black hole and still is.

The Nuggets obviously have better spacing than the Wizards which should give him more opportunities but his offense wasn't the problem. His horrible defensive awareness was the problem.

Guess working with Hakeem in the summer didn't improve it? I didn't catch all of his games in Washington but he looks better to me. Everybody in the media says the same, opposing fans agree it looks better. Maybe you're right, maybe they are. I really don't know, and I don't think it matters all that much.

What I do know is he was putting up numbers in Washington going nowhere. He's now playing on a competitive team and he's more efficient scoring slightly less, rebounding less, still blocking 2 shots a game while playing like 8-9 minutes less a game. He had a massive impact in his first playoff series, which was huge for Denver and really helped him get paid.

He's on a leash trying to get developed for the future by Karl. I'm sure he could average 14/9 with 2+ blocks right now, but there would be more mistakes. Thus they are trying to teach him so someday he can do that. Like I said I'm not sure if I agree with that, just clearly what's happening.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Guess working with Hakeem in the summer didn't improve it? I didn't catch all of his games in Washington but he looks better to me. Everybody in the media says the same, opposing fans agree it looks better. Maybe you're right, maybe they are. I really don't know, and I don't think it matters all that much.

What I do know is he was putting up numbers in Washington going nowhere. He's now playing on a competitive team and he's more efficient scoring slightly less, rebounding less, still blocking 2 shots a game while playing like 8-9 minutes less a game. He had a massive impact in his first playoff series, which was huge for Denver and really helped him get paid.

He's on a leash trying to get developed for the future by Karl. I'm sure he could average 14/9 with 2+ blocks right now, but there would be more mistakes. Thus they are trying to teach him so someday he can do that. Like I said I'm not sure if I agree with that, just clearly what's happening.

You keep mentioning a playoff series as if it proves something. In 5 of those games McGee was 6-29 from the field. For the series he averaged 8.6 pts shooting 43.4% while Bynum averaged 16.7 pts shooting 51%.

Not impressed.

It also seems lost on your fanbase that the Lakers ran the triangle offense which means McGee's horrendous pick and roll defense would not be as big of a problem.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
You keep mentioning a playoff series as if it proves something. In 5 of those games McGee was 6-29 from the field. For the series he averaged 8.6 pts shooting 43.4% while Bynum averaged 16.7 pts shooting 51%.

Not impressed.

It also seems lost on your fanbase that the Lakers ran the triangle offense which means McGee's horrendous pick and roll defense would not be as big of a problem.

I'm mentioning it while mentioning like 10 other things? You keep on picking one part of my post and responding to it while ignoring everything else.

21/14 on 9-12 shooting
16/15 on 8-12 shooting

Those are two extremely impressive performances. I LOVE how you leaved out the other things he did in the games where he didn't shoot good. Like the game where he went 1-7, he grabbed 14 rebounds and had 5 blocks. He had 9 rebounds and 6 blocked shots in another game where he only had 5 points.

That playoff series showed everybody why he was a project. He looked bad at times, was extremely inconsistent but when he put it together he was HUGE in Denver taking it 7 games. Those two games where he went crazy? Denver won. 2 of our 3 wins in the playoffs came when McGee gave us a huge effort, that's telling and without a doubt more than he ever did in Washington. Unless you consider helping a team get more ping pong balls better than contributing to winning a playoff game in a huge way?

Nene is soft and constantly injured. Talented but was never going to take Denver anywhere, I sincerely hope he does something with Washington after he get paid huge. John Wall is probably my favorite non Nugget. Getting McGee for Nene was a great return for Denver tho and he's fit in just fine. He's on a leash and Karl is being really stern with him which probably seems weird to you because the Wiz loved to play him 27 minutes a night with Nick Young and Blatche and all the other knuckleheads.

He's producing similar numbers on less minutes, being less of a focal point on a more competitive team. Still only 25 years old, elite physical talent. No basketball IQ but is making less and less mistakes than he use to.

If you're arguing he didn't break out? You win. That's obvious. Look at who started this thread. If you're trying to say he hasn't got better, I disagree and so do most people from everything I've heard. Will he more than a backup center to Denver? Yet to be seen. By this time next year he could be starting and averaging 15 points a game, I dunno. That's clearly what Denver has in mind for him after paying him and keeping him on a leash now.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
McGee had big games with the Wizards too. It isn't like he suddenly had big games once he went to Denver.

People act like McGee suddenly turned into a different guy once he went to Denver. That is simply not the case. You can look at his season averages in DC, his game logs, whatever and you can see he is the same guy.

Funny you mention rebounding. He is averaging 4 fewer rebounds per game this year. That is a pretty big drop for playing only 9 fewer minutes.

The Lakers triangle offense allowed McGee to spend more time in the paint on defense, hence more blocks and rebounds. It isn't complex.

I was sure the trade was just a salary dump for Denver. I didn't think they would be dumb enough to sign McGee to a long term deal, especially given that he has asthma.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 04:04 PM
McGee had big games with the Wizards too. It isn't like he suddenly had big games once he went to Denver.

No doubt he did. Everyone said from the get go he had TONS of potential. He was also getting way to big of a role and way to many minutes because the Wizards were terrible and they developed him pretty poorly. Not to mention that pairing a low basketball IQ player with a bunch of other stupid players hurts that play.

With all that being said those games in the playoffs were better than anything he did in Washington. Give me a guy stepping up in the brights lights vs the Lakers who had a good frontline and helping his team push a series out rather than a regular season game that turns out meaningless when you can't win 40 games.

People act like McGee suddenly turned into a different guy once he went to Denver. That is simply not the case. You can look at his season averages in DC, his game logs, whatever and you can see he is the same guy.

He didn't turn into a different guy, he def started making less mistakes being coaching by Karl and being surrounded by better players in a better situation. You keep bringing up statistics and game logs but what you can't comprehend is that he's doing what he did in Washington almost but doing so on a competitive team in less of a role. Common sense tells you, you'll put up better numbers on a crappier team. If common sense doesn't tell you that, look at the history of the NBA. His rebounding is down, he's scoring like 2 points less. He's more efficient and blocking 2 shots a game, which is down like .5. If he was getting 27 minutes? He'd probably be averaging better numbers, Denver gave him a longterm deal therefore they are looking at the future with McGee not the right now.

Not to mention he did work with Hakeem this summer. Feel free to refuse that it made him any better, but I hope you can fathom the idea that maybe, just maybe he did improve.

Funny you mention rebounding. He is averaging 4 fewer rebounds per game this year. That is a pretty big drop for playing only 9 fewer minutes.

Denver is what? The 4th best rebounding team in the league right now? I think so anyways. What were the Wizards ranked in his time there? His rebounding is the biggest drop off and I think if he played 9 more minutes he'd probably grab 1-3 more boards a game so really could end up being -1 rebounding with Denver that could be explained by being with a better rebounding team.

Does that make sense to you or do you refuse to believe that also?

The Lakers triangle offense allowed McGee to spend more time in the paint on defense, hence more blocks and rebounds. It isn't complex.

This is just laughable. K his blocks were all because the Lakers system. Gotcha. Dude was out leaping everybody, showing his physical tools and just going ham in spurts in that series. Everybody seen it. Showcase of his potential no doubt about it.

I was sure the trade was just a salary dump for Denver. I didn't think they would be dumb enough to sign McGee to a long term deal, especially given that he has asthma

Who knows, maybe it turns out to be a bad move. I'd rather have him than lose him for nothing. Gives Denver another 7 footer and he has a big impact on the game, anyone can see that. Question will be how Denver continues to develop him and if he can ever become that starting center that he's shown at times he can be.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
What is basic common sense is that any post player will have better efficiency with better spacing around him. The better spacing in Denver can easily explain a 2.5% increase in FG%, not to mention playing against backups.

McGee's problem in DC was not too big a role. That is just ignorant. His problem was a complete lack of IQ which made him a huge liability on defense.

Even so he still had big games, like dropping 21/15 on Tim Duncan shooting 69%.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320312024

But when his own coach calls him "crazy and lazy" publicly after having him almost a year, that tells me McGee hasn't suddenly seen the light.

kurple
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
mcgee has been great for denver. thats all i know

if he was as good in washington, why did they give him up for Nene?

McGee > Nene. even if you dont consider their contracts

tontoz
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
mcgee has been great for denver. thats all i know

if he was as good in washington, why did they give him up for Nene?

McGee > Nene. even if you dont consider their contracts

Because the Wizards were so much better when McGee was on the bench, just like Denver is now.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 04:27 PM
What is basic common sense is that any post player will have better efficiency with better spacing around him. The better spacing in Denver can easily explain a 2.5% increase in FG%, not to mention playing against backups.

Keep digging yourself in a hole. Denver is like the 2nd or 3rd worst shooting team in the league? We barely run any post ups and just attack the paint. Spacing? Denver has awful spacing for big men. McGee spends a shit loads of time with Andre Miller who can't shoot. He's on a better team now, which means better looks no doubt about it, but it also means less looks. He probably gets 1 or 2 post ups a game.

Players put up better numbers on shittier teams 99% of the time. It's just what happens. Going forward now? I think if he was getting 27 minutes he would be putting up better numbers than he did with the Wiz.

I love how were using the 40 game sample size for McGee with Washington too. The year before when he played like 70+ with them he was scoring the exact same amount with Denver on more shots in like 9 more minutes again. The rebounding was once again the only difference and I tried to explain and make sense of it, but you once again refuse to look at that?

McGee's problem in DC was not too big a role. That is just ignorant. His problem was a complete lack of IQ which made him a huge liability on defense.

McGee's problem was that he was on an awful team, aloud to do anything, playing way too many minutes for how low his basketball IQ was like you said and was surrounded by idiots like himself. So yeah he played too big a role, when he was with Washington he probably should have been playing 15-19 minutes a game. That's where he's at now, 2 years ago Karl would have had him glued to the bench or playing even less minutes than right now.

Even so he still had big games, like dropping 21/15 on Tim Duncan shooting 69%.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320312024

Yeah I'm taking 21/15 in the playoffs 10/10 times. I've already said he had huge games with Washington and showed tons of potential, part of the reason we traded for him.

But when his own coach calls him "crazy and lazy" publicly after having him almost a year, that tells me McGee hasn't suddenly seen the light.

It's George Karl. The fact that McGee has finished games at times and played as big of a role as he has should tell you enough. He's held 100% accountable and because of that has shown improvements and gotten better. Is he still a retard? Clearly and that'll never change. Getting him to a point where you can start him and play him 30 minutes is the goal tho because as low as his basketball IQ is he'll be able to make a big impact like he is right now with his physical tools and size.

kurple
02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Because the Wizards were so much better when McGee was on the bench, just like Denver is now.
+/- doesnt tell anything close to the whole story

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 04:31 PM

What is this, hockey? :oldlol: ..

tontoz
02-08-2013, 04:36 PM

It is telling the same story for the last two seasons though. McGee had the worst +/- for the Wizards AND the Nuggets last year and is continuing that trend this year.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Keep digging yourself in a hole. Denver is like the 2nd or 3rd worst shooting team in the league? We barely run any post ups and just attack the paint. Spacing? Denver has awful spacing for big men.

Last year the Wizards were ranked 28th in offensive efficiency and 3 point shooting FYI.

Players put up better numbers on shittier teams 99% of the time.

They put up more points but not on higher efficiency.

McGee was not "aloud" to do anything in DC. He was routinely pulled for his mental lapses but they kept happening, even in a contract year.

Is he suddenly going to reform AFTER signing a big contract? Is that what you are going to hang your hat on?

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Last year the Wizards were ranked 28th in offensive efficiency and 3 point shooting FYI.

So we've came to the conclusion that Denver and Washington had the same spacing issues? Perfect. 28th is where Denver has been at with the 3 ball, or in that area too. Offensive efficiency we kill because of points in the paint where we lead the league and in transition. Weak in the halfcourt and weak shooting. Awful for a big guy's like McGee, Howard etc.

They put up more points but not on higher efficiency.

What is would McGee did? .. he's more efficient with Denver. Only in 42 games did he put up more points. He averaged the same amount of points 10ish in the previous season with Washington. In 9 more minutes, so once again we've came to the same conclusion. Perfect.

McGee was not "aloud" to do anything in DC. He was routinely pulled for his mental lapses but they kept happening, even in a contract year.

Is he suddenly going to reform AFTER signing a big contract? Is that what you are going to hang your hat on?

He was aloud alot more than he is in Denver. Look at the minutes, Denver can afford to sit him on the bench. Wiz for whatever reason didn't, almost get 10 more minutes a game and started.

He's def improving. He's improving as a Nugget. I don't think it's absurd that he could develop into a starting center with Denver. Karl and co clearly have a plan for him so it's yet to be seen. You keep mentioning a big contract, effort hasn't been a problem. I think lazy was used by Karl to describe his basketball game. He'll try and make the lazy play with his physical tools instead of using his head, which probably won't ever be corrected. Denver can mask his low basketball IQ by how and when they use him and who they surround him with. Another summer with Hakeem or whoever polishing up his low post game and teaching him when and when not to use it? Like I said before who knows.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
It's allowed not aloud lol.

The elephant in the room is McGee's asthma. Given his fatigue issues in DC i seriously doubt he is capable of playing 30 minutes a game in the thin air.

McGee is soft, dumb and has asthma. I remember (before the trade) an anonomous GM was quoted as saying that he couldn't wait to see what GM would be dumb enough to offer McGee 10+ million.

Over on the Wizards board on RealGM there were several Wizards fans who were against the trade at the time. However there is not one poster there who is saying they wished McGee was resigned. Not one

The only argument that has been made against the trade this year was that it would have been better to let McGee walk rather than take on Nene's contract. Nobody wishes McGee was still a wizard.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
It's allowed not aloud lol.

Trying to edit my posts and look over them before I post because my spelling skills for a 21 year old is downright laughable :oldlol:

The elephant in the room is McGee's asthma. Given his fatigue issues in DC i seriously doubt he is capable of playing 30 minutes a game in the thin air.

I agree with this and mentioned it when Denver was looking to sign him. I think it would have had to be done discussed and looked at before they signed him so I'm going to assume it's all good because Uri has actually done a solid job building this team.

McGee is soft, dumb and has asthma. I remember (before the trade) an anonomous GM was quoted as saying that he couldn't wait to see what GM would be dumb enough to offer McGee 10+ million.

He's also like the longest player in the NBA, 7 footer, freak physical tools. Two sides to every coin and if you know how to use the one side properly there's no doubt he can be an impact player. He has already at times for Denver, just like he's been a bonehead at other times too.

Over on the Wizards board on RealGM there were several Wizards fans who were against the trade at the time. However there is not one poster there who is saying they wished McGee was resigned. Not one

The only argument that has been made against the trade this year was that it would have been better to let McGee walk rather than take on Nene's contract. Nobody wishes McGee was still a wizard

And nobody wishes Nene was a Nugget. Point is moot. Alot of Nuggets fans don't mind the signing of McGee, doesn't mean it automatically makes it a good move. Just like Wizard fans not wanting McGee doesn't make it a bad one. If I was Wiz fan I'd feel 100% the same. You guy's had so many knuckleheads I would love to have a player like Nene.

I think it was a good thing for both McGee and the Wizards that he was traded. Rare situation where both sides probably happily parted ways.

tontoz
02-08-2013, 05:49 PM
He's also like the longest player in the NBA, 7 footer, freak physical tools.

Not really. His length is freakish but the NBA is physical inside and he is just soft. That was the tipping point for me with McGee. Being dumb is one thing, maybe he can learn. But soft and dumb isn't going to work.

I was undecided about him until a few weeks before the deadline. Then i watched him more closely. Saw him give up layups time and again on pick and rolls and get pushed around routinely by other bigs.

He is a tease.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Not really. His length is freakish but the NBA is physical inside and he is just soft. That was the tipping point for me with McGee. Being dumb is one thing, maybe he can learn. But soft and dumb isn't going to work.

I was undecided about him until a few weeks before the deadline. Then i watched him more closely. Saw him give up layups time and again on pick and rolls and get pushed around routinely by other bigs.

He is a tease.

I don't see how anybody can say not really to the physical tools. Just doesn't make sense to me. He's 7 feet tall with an insane wingspan and vertical. He gets eye level to the rim when he dunks. He's mobile and can move around like a swingman. He has bad defensive awareness but never heard any Nugget fans or anybody around the team call him soft. If anything I wish he'd stop committing some of those blatant fouls.

We'll have to agree to disagree because besides having a low basketball IQ he's a physical specimen that knows how to use his tools quite well. 2nd or 3rd in the league in dunks I think while playing 19 minutes is insane. Blocking 2 shots a game in under 20 minutes, crazy. He uses it perfectly in the post, just doesn't have the patience or awareness to know when and how to use it just yet.

Denver constantly switches on defense and it drives me nuts but with McGee it can work because some of the times when he actually makes a proper rotation I've never seen a player be able to get that far out and affect a player's shot. Last night he had a block where he came from the paint to the 3 point line .. some of the things he does just blows you're mind. It's all about consistently and putting it together for extended stretches which alot of NBA players struggle with. Karl is trying to hold him accountable and bring him along slowly so someday he can hopefully reach some of that potential, guess we'll see what happens 2-4 years from now.

It's A VC3!!!
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
The nuggets are one of my favorite teams to watch. Young, exciting and they play very hard defensively. Hopefully they get out of the first round this year.

Poor McGee making it took like every episode of shaqtin a fool.:lol

tontoz
02-08-2013, 07:04 PM
If you don't know that he is soft you aren't paying attention. He couldn't even post up Isiah Thomas (2 minute mark). Don't even get me started on what happens when he goes up against Dwight or Brook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdb3vv-5ygI

Funny vid. I remember that clown NugzFan saying that McGee's bloopers wouldn't happen in Denver.

FAIL

Blingster
02-08-2013, 07:12 PM
If you don't know that he is soft you aren't paying attention. He couldn't even post up Isiah Thomas (2 minute mark). Don't even get me started on what happens when he goes up against Dwight or Brook.

Funny vid. I remember that clown NugzFan saying that McGee's bloopers wouldn't happen in Denver.

FAIL

What's your trip against the Nuggets?

If I remember correctly, Nugzfan said that his bloopers would be limited due to the coaching staff here.

Nene is from Denver

McGee is Washington..

Who the **** cares?

tontoz
02-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Your memory is a little off. This is what i have a problem with.

There are plenty of legit reasons to criticize Wizards management. McGee isn't one of them.

NugzFan
02-09-2013, 01:25 AM

FAIL

and they didnt. 90% of this bad plays were in washington. hes faaaar improved in denver. he just needed a better organization and better leadership to help out. he upgraded. we upgraded.

watching this cute little wizard fan try to argue his points is like watching a retarded kid try to juggle.

NugzFan
02-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Your memory is a little off. This is what i have a problem with.

There are plenty of legit reasons to criticize Wizards management. McGee isn't one of them.

all of what i said is true.

nice try though! :cheers:

ralph_i_el
02-09-2013, 02:15 AM
and they didnt. 90% of this bad plays were in washington. hes faaaar improved in denver. he just needed a better organization and better leadership to help out. he upgraded. we upgraded.

watching this cute little wizard fan try to argue his points is like watching a retarded kid try to juggle.

Who cares? We got Nene and he's a much much better player.

NugzFan
02-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Who cares? We got Nene and he's a much much better player.

hes older. far more expensive. plays half a season and doesnt help teams win.

for what? 2 more points, 2 more rebounds per game? on worse shooting? in 7 more minutes per game? yeah..."much much better" :oldlol:

andremiller07
02-09-2013, 03:05 AM
hes older. far more expensive. plays half a season and doesnt help teams win.

for what? 2 more points, 2 more rebounds per game? on worse shooting? in 7 more minutes per game? yeah..."much much better" :oldlol:

Nene since his return along with Wall has helped the Wizards WIN plenty and is easily overall a much better play than Magee thats not even up for debate. He can create his own shot he doesn't need to be spoon feed like the majoirty of these big men. Not to mention hes way better passer and you can consistantly go to him for points and trust him when the games on the line.

tontoz
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM

So why is he on shaqtin a fool all the time with Denver?:lol

There are two sides to the court and McGee is an idiot on both. That is why teams are consistently better with him on the bench.

tontoz
11-18-2014, 12:57 PM

andremiller07
11-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Wizards ass raped Denver with the Nene/Andre Miller deals.

kNIOKAS
11-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Javale so disappointing this season. It's like he's not even getting playing time? Sucking on my fantasy team:mad:

GOBB
11-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Wow. :oldlol:

tontoz I thought you were a Hawks fan?

kurple
11-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Javale so disappointing this season. It's like he's not even getting playing time? Sucking on my fantasy team:mad:
you should never pick denver players in fantasy. team is too deep

MP.Trey
11-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Ty Lawson started slow for me but is beasting lately. I made the mistake of drafting Faried too though and he's been disappointing as hell. Do you see him turning it around?

Genaro
11-18-2014, 06:38 PM
This. The only exception being Lawson and maybe Faried if he still available after sometime.

tontoz
11-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Wow. :oldlol:

tontoz I thought you were a Hawks fan?

I was lol. I grew in MD then moved to Atlanta in '93. Then i moved back to MD in 2005. I kept following the Hawks on League Pass but eventually got tired of their iso ball nonsense so i started following the Wizards again.

I was a kid when the Bullets won the title in the late '70s (Geezer alarm). This is the tshirt i was sporting afterwards.

http://wizznutzz.com/museum/images/museum_fatlady.jpg