PDA

View Full Version : Jamison-"Metta is looking like an All-Star"

G-Funk
09-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Elbows are locked and loaded http://www.elitestangs.com/forum/images/smilies/muscle.gif

coin24
09-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Hope so:rockon:

He was playing well towards the end of last season, was in top shape and shooting the ball well...

funnystuff
09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
:roll:

swi7ch
09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
The last time he looked like an All Star, Malice at the Palace happened.

G-Funk
09-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Hope so:rockon:

He was playing well towards the end of last season, was in top shape and shooting the ball well...
Yes he was, Do you have those numbers?

IGOTGAME
09-19-2012, 09:00 PM
I believe this. But I also believe he is off his meds. I think the two are connected.

Mr. I'm So Rad
09-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Yes he was, Do you have those numbers?

14/4/3 on 47% shooting. Nothing spectacular, but compared to how he was playing it's a huge increase in production.

G-Funk
09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
14/4/3 on 47% shooting. Nothing spectacular, but compared to how he was playing it's a huge increase in production.

Thanks! Those are very good numbers for a 4th option.

repped, even though it won't be much! lol

IGOTGAME
09-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Yea, but always gotta realize he is the 4th option. He looked the best I've seen him since Indiana.

coin24
09-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Yea, but always gotta realize he is the 4th option. He looked the best I've seen him since Indiana.

This:applause:

G-Funk
09-19-2012, 09:12 PM

Defensively he was beasting, left me in awe

IGOTGAME
09-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Defensively he was beasting, left me in awe
Same.

But I think he is off his meds. This would account for his increase in energy and weight loss and craziness.

KeyNote
09-19-2012, 09:15 PM
he needs to just shut up, lock down whoever he's put on, and hit a high % of corner 3s...

he'll most likely set the record for most wide open shots in NBA history

no pun intended
09-19-2012, 09:17 PM
These numbers came after he promised to bring back INDIANA RON.

longtime lurker
09-19-2012, 10:10 PM

:bowdown: Amen. if Ron Artest gives those numbers as a 5th option I feel sorry for the league.

Levity
09-19-2012, 10:11 PM
ye he was playing great april onward as a 4th option. and when kobe was out for those handful of games, meta was playing fantastic. he even had a back to back 20+ pt games if i remember correctly.

and the best change of all going into this season is his mentality. ever since he came to LA he never made it seem like basketball was his 1st priority and coming into the lock out shortened, he was out of shape and seemed to be lacking even more focus. but this summer hes been tweeting about his daily work outs, continually expressing his desire to become an even better basketball player, and has been playing pick up games whenever he can. Ron Ron seems like the type of guy who if truly focuses on one thing, he can be amazing at it. so lets hope that focus is on basketball all season.

d.bball.guy
09-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Like this?

http://i.imgur.com/lSidN.jpg

Clippersfan86
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Looked best since Indiana? You guys realize he was damn good on the Rockets too right? Ron is nothing special even as a 4th option. Great defender when in shape and motivated but in the last 2-3 seasons has become nothing more than a streaky defender and guy who can't consistently score anymore. Bottom line is he would be amnestied by now if his contract was bigger/longer.

Nick Young
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Looked best since Indiana? You guys realize he was damn good on the Rockets too right? Ron is nothing special even as a 4th option. Great defender when in shape and motivated but in the last 2-3 seasons has become nothing more than a streaky defender and guy who can't consistently score anymore. Bottom line is he would be amnestied by now if his contract was bigger/longer.
At this point, World Peace>Caron Butler BY A MILE.

Just like Lakers>>>>Clippers BY A MILE

Unless it comes to being complete failures, if that's the case than Clippers>Lakers BY A MILE

Colbertnation64
09-20-2012, 10:59 AM
We're gonna need Indiana Ron Artest since our two major obstacles are KD and LeBron. If he's at the same level he was late last season the Lakers will not have many weaknesses in their starting 5 and a decent bench. If Metta can score on a high % and defend like he did in '04....woah.

kurple
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM
then he was back to sucking in the playoffs.

Metta will never be the same. Or close to it

still a good defender, and that is enough for the Lakers

r15mohd
09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
he needs to just shut up, lock down whoever he's put on, and hit a high % of corner 3s...

he'll most likely set the record for most wide open shots in NBA history

Ray Allen ring a bell?!?

RRR3
09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
We're gonna need Indiana Ron Artest since our two major obstacles are KD and LeBron. If he's at the same level he was late last season the Lakers will not have many weaknesses in their starting 5 and a decent bench. If Metta can score on a high % and defend like he did in '04....woah.
I don't see LeBron or KD can being stopped individually by the Lakers in a 7 game series. Just focus on stopping the rest of their teams.

ZeN
09-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Link? Source? Sause?

RRR3
09-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Link? Source? Sause?
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/frontsquare/dc05_awesomesauce_hot_sauce.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24304780.jpg

Rekindled
09-20-2012, 11:57 AM

he wasnt the same after coming back from suspension.

Levity
09-20-2012, 12:04 PM

Ron Ron April 2012 moving forward is NOT the same Ron Ron that came to the Lakers 2 seasons ago. His plantar facsciitis isnt hindering his as much, his back problems seem to be a thought in the past, and hes close to, if not back to, his peak game shape. And when all those stars aligned for him heading into the playoffs, he showed LA that he can be a great 3rd or 4th option. and the only reason i say 3rd is becuase when kobe was out, Ron looked great on both sides of the floor. Nothing special as a 4th option... .ye ok...... :facepalm

Levity
09-20-2012, 12:05 PM

he was our best 3 point shooter in the play offs, and best defender...... maybe those 7 games he missed threw his game off a bit, but i dont think LA fans would say he sucked in the playoffs.

Mr. Incredible
09-20-2012, 12:11 PM
:roll: :oldlol: :lol

IGOTGAME
09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh dey scared...

Pointguard
09-20-2012, 02:17 PM
He's not going to get back his prime at this point. Once you loose quickness and you are 32 (yo) it isn't likely you will get it back. Worse when you have a history with long term medication and carry around some weight. If he's bright he would play defense differently or move over to PF which isn't necessary on the Lakers. He will likely play defense with his shoulders at first, when strong guys don't understand where their quickness went this is what they do. When the fouls pile up, they just play further off of the man. He will still handle the none super forwards but the better ones who go directly at him will likely not have a problem.

nevetslc88
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Looking like a complete beast: @MettaWorldPeace. He's about 15 lbs lighter than last fall, w/no body fat: pic.twitter.com/3hqvqPKU

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3Vic_aCAAMjCbR.jpg:large

All Net
09-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Looks good, losing the weight is important no doubt.

AirTupac
09-21-2012, 03:46 PM
When Kobe was out, Ron was dropping points easily and efficiently. Jamison and Ron look ripped in the pictures that just came out.

Levity
09-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Sane Laker fans know he will never be an allstar again in his career, but im loving the undervaluing of him in this thread. Hes going to surprise a lot of people with his play this season. He's improved in ever facet of his game compared to last year. And his mentality seems to be basketball first. So good things should follow.

G-Funk
09-21-2012, 08:10 PM
yeah you lost me there

SpecialQue
09-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Metta's a damn good player. Not an All-Star at this point, but damn good. There's a reason he hasn't been amnestied.

KOBE143
09-21-2012, 11:27 PM
I want Ron Ron back.. :bowdown: