PDA

View Full Version : Alexey Shved will be Rookie of the Year

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Book it sons.

pegasus
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
He surprised the hell out of me in the Olympics, but I cannot see him get enough PT to be even considered for the ROY award.

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't think we're featuring Roy as much as everyone else thinks. I don't want to see Roy anywhere near 20mpg til Feb. He has time to get in Adelman's favor. If we are truly making a run for the post season, Roy must be protected.

CeltsGarlic
09-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Donatas Motiejunas disagree.

Raz
09-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Donatas Motiejunas disagree.

I love this guy. He's my 2nd favorite rookie, right behind Royce White.

FireDavidKahn
09-20-2012, 12:54 PM
No.

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
No.

Who do you think will win it? Davis is not that far above others in terms of 1st year NBA readyness. He's an insane prospect, that's all. Dude is weak offensively and I think his rookie year will be a more padded version of Bismacks better games.

Nash
09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Did we forget there is a guy named Anthony Davis who just entered the league?

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I think MKG, Barnes, Drummond and Lilliard have better shots at ROY than Davis.

Raz
09-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Then you think wrong. Drummond over Davis........ wait for it....... wait.....

http://www.animated-animation.de/Free-Animation_free-animated-Smiley-Gifs/www.animated-animation.de_smiley_3d_gifs_animiert_gif_clip-art_icons_01_600x400.gif

kurple
09-20-2012, 02:08 PM
and all of them will do better than Shved

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
and all of them will do better than Shved

Nope. Shved is a ****ing monster. Will be an exceptional playmaker on day 1 as well. He isn't some str8 out of college kid, he has an advantage.

ncrizzle
09-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Dude has a very small wingspan. Lets see him play a few games against some long nba defenders before we make any projections

Sakkreth
09-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Alexey "chucker" Shved ?

Will he even get opportunity to chuck ?

pegasus
09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Alexey "chucker" Shved ?

Will he even get opportunity to chuck ?

You're right. He did shot horribly in the quarterfinals against Lithuania. He was lucky they still won that game.

Raz
09-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Nope. Shved is a ****ing monster. Will be an exceptional playmaker on day 1 as well. He isn't some str8 out of college kid, he has an advantage.

If he was on the Clippers would you call him a monster?

NugzFan
09-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Book it sons.

homers gonna homer :oldlol:

i love when people say "book it" - if they are wrong, they ignore it and never bring it up again. when they are right 1 time out of 100, we never hear the end of it.

worthless thread.

lilgodfather1
09-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Most posters on here have about the same chance of getting ROY as this scrub does.

swi7ch
09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Saw him at the Olympcs and he's legit.

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
If he was on the Clippers would you call him a monster?

Yes.

FireDavidKahn
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Most posters on here have about the same chance of getting ROY as this scrub does.
Lol, Shved's no scrub but he aint coming close to ROY.

Sakkreth
09-20-2012, 03:05 PM
He can create his own shot, too bad he usually misses.

lilgodfather1
09-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Lol, Shved's no scrub but he aint coming close to ROY.
A below average role player is a scrub...

Euroleague
09-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Dude has a very small wingspan. Lets see him play a few games against some long nba defenders before we make any projections

How many ****ing times does it have to be explained to some morons that draftexpress.com cannot be trusted?

FireDavidKahn
09-20-2012, 04:17 PM
He can create his own shot, too bad he usually misses.
How uninformed are you? That's one of his strengths. Shved is a great shooter.

kNIOKAS
09-20-2012, 04:22 PM
this guy?
http://www.fiba.com/images/web/Events/12/OQTM/headshots/RUS/_215/Small_AlekseySHVED.jpg

:roll:

KG215
09-20-2012, 05:16 PM
How many ****ing times does it have to be explained to some morons that draftexpress.com cannot be trusted?

So the numbers from the draft combine, where teh players are being measured in front of other people, are all lies?

Why do you have so much hate and vitriol in your posts?

TBlazed
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Book it sons.
Quit trolling, Khadar.

swi7ch
09-20-2012, 05:20 PM
this guy?
http://www.fiba.com/images/web/Events/12/OQTM/headshots/RUS/_215/Small_AlekseySHVED.jpg

He sure looks goofy but dude's got game.

DuMa
09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
my only issue with him is that he is a tweener at the PG and SG spot. other than that, hes a great player to watch. very exciting.

stallionaire
09-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Quit trolling, Khadar.
:kobe:

alenleomessi
09-20-2012, 06:20 PM
he will be way to inconsistent

JD_TO
09-20-2012, 06:35 PM
SMH OKKK THERE BUDDY.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
09-21-2012, 02:24 AM
How uninformed are you? That's one of his strengths. Shved is a great shooter.

Shved struggled to finish and convert his own shots big time in Euroleague. He obviously has seen him play way more than you have.

Of course it won't matter. It will be just like with Rubio. NBA defense is so much worse than Euroleague defense that they look so much better in the NBA than they do in Euroleague, because the defense in the NBA is so horrific.

But no, Shved was NOT good at converting his shot creations in Euroleague.

Euroleague
09-21-2012, 02:25 AM
So the numbers from the draft combine, where teh players are being measured in front of other people, are all lies?

Why do you have so much hate and vitriol in your posts?

Shved never attended a draft combine.

Euroleague
09-21-2012, 02:27 AM
my only issue with him is that he is a tweener at the PG and SG spot. other than that, hes a great player to watch. very exciting.

He's not a tweener. He's a shooting guard. He played point guard at the Olympics because Russia's point guard Bykov got injured before the Olympics.

Of course, NBA only fans would not be able to get basic facts like these right.

Saying Shved is a combo guard is the equal of claiming Kobe is a combo guard.

MiseryCityTexas
09-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Who do you think will win it? Davis is not that far above others in terms of 1st year NBA readyness. He's an insane prospect, that's all. Dude is weak offensively and I think his rookie year will be a more padded version of Bismacks better games.

Davis is weak offensively, but was knocking down three pointers in Team USA games. Please shut the **** up. If he gets a post up game. it will be all over.

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:24 AM
lol

stallionaire
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Shved has officially cracked the rookie leaderboard placing in at 6th.

stallionaire
11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
bump

La Frescobaldi
12-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Shved better either learn or get the drive to play defense because he gets smoked by a lotta guys. He can steal and disrupt passing lanes but not a lot more. If he gets on an island so far that has been a T Wolf fail on defense.

He does look real good though considering

Malcolm Lee looking good too although he sat tonight

waseem780
12-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Shved is REALLY TALENTED ... his upside is amazing , but no the chances of him winning the ROY is veryyy small

Miller for 3
12-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Shved better either learn or get the drive to play defense because he gets smoked by a lotta guys. He can steal and disrupt passing lanes but not a lot more. If he gets on an island so far that has been a T Wolf fail on defense.

He does look real good though considering

Malcolm Lee looking good too although he sat tonight

:facepalm

His defense has been fine. Last night he did a great stop containing Ellis when Barea and Ridnour had failed, and you can't forget him locking down D-Will in their huge comeback aganst the Nets. He's been their second best defensive guard after Lee. He's no liability, and he's gotten better every game. He's a rookie, but to complain about his defense is crazy. Guys like Lilliar, Waiters, Beal, Rivers, etc. can't defend a chair, but because Shved is white casual fans label him as a bad defender but don't say $hit about even worse rookie defenders

madmax17
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Hardly, when Rubio comes back his minutes will go down.

gabepizza
12-01-2012, 06:56 PM
He's okay and I'll think he'll make all-rookie second team but ROY? Are you serious? That award is Anthony Davis' to lose and if not him there are 4 or 5 players ahead of Shved...Lillard, Kidd-Gilchrist, Valanciunas, Singler, hell even Drummond.

dd24
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I love it when threads like this get bumped. People really post stupid stuff sometimes :lol

Locked_Up_Tonight
12-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Damien Lillard (IMO) will win it. Especially since Anthony Davis has missed so much time already.

gabepizza
12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Damien Lillard (IMO) will win it. Especially since Anthony Davis has missed so much time already.

Missed so much time? He's missed 8 games so far in an 82 game season.

Locked_Up_Tonight
12-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Well after tonight it is nine... and he probably wont play next game.

boojitede
12-02-2012, 01:45 AM
yea they should just give it to lillard.

davis is glass and sits out for every headache

upside24
12-02-2012, 01:55 AM
OP has to be the worst poster on here.

Shved is not even in the same galaxy in terms of talent in comparison to Lillard and Davis.

I understand loving your team and it's players but this is an amalgam of homerism and trolling that many of the worst posters on here could only dream of executing.

RoseCity07
12-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Lol no.

Both these guys are better.

http://i.imgur.com/FIOzj.png

d.bball.guy
12-02-2012, 03:42 AM
this guy?

I don't think Shved would win it but based on your logic,

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/anthony-davis-teeth.jpg

this guy won't have a chance either.

stallionaire
12-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Shved 17 / 4 ast / 3 reb

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Trentknicks
12-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Shved 17 / 4 ast / 3 reb

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Trust a Wolves fan to cling onto one game like this.

RoseCity07
12-05-2012, 04:18 AM
Trust a Wolves fan to cling onto one game like this.

I thought he was posting season averages. Then I realized.:oldlol:

Whoah10115
12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I love it when threads like this get bumped. People really post stupid stuff sometimes :lol

The funny part is that the guy who bumps this is the one who made the thread.

kwajo
12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm digging his play so far, along with the whole Soviet bloc team they're assembling down in Minnesota.

La Frescobaldi
12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
:facepalm

His defense has been fine. Last night he did a great stop containing Ellis when Barea and Ridnour had failed, and you can't forget him locking down D-Will in their huge comeback aganst the Nets. He's been their second best defensive guard after Lee. He's no liability, and he's gotten better every game. He's a rookie, but to complain about his defense is crazy. Guys like Lilliar, Waiters, Beal, Rivers, etc. can't defend a chair, but because Shved is white casual fans label him as a bad defender but don't say $hit about even worse rookie defenders
Ok I will take that rebuttal gladly if true.

I missed Sixers game, box score looks very fine tho with scoring nice and spread across the Wolves. That's exactly the best teams of all that can unstoppably get 10 pts from 5 guys and 15 or 18 from the TWO leaders. And if Shved will be one why that works.
But his D how was that vs Sixers?

MK2V1GP
12-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Being a Wolves fan, I disagree that he will win ROY. But this thread alone shows why people think this message board is a joke when it comes to pure basketball knowledge. LOL at all the morons who said Shved was a scrub, couldn't shoot, etc, etc. He's been amazing for the Wolves. He's among the league leaders in 4th quarter scoring. And I think when Rubio gets back, he'll be even better.

There's not much basketball knowledge left on this board. It was actually a legit place to talk hoops on an intelligent level when I joined this website. Now, it's a shell of its former self.

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Being a Wolves fan, I disagree that he will win ROY. But this thread alone shows why people think this message board is a joke when it comes to pure basketball knowledge. LOL at all the morons who said Shved was a scrub, couldn't shoot, etc, etc. He's been amazing for the Wolves. He's among the league leaders in 4th quarter scoring. And I think when Rubio gets back, he'll be even better.

There's not much basketball knowledge left on this board. It was actually a legit place to talk hoops on an intelligent level when I joined this website. Now, it's a shell of its former self.

The Euroleague's guards are vastly superior to the NBA's guards. Shved isn't all that great, he's just playing in a lower level than the Euroleague.

You can take just about any guard from Euroleague and he will be a good player in the joke NBA of today.

Even freaking Brian Roberts is a good NBA player and he was barely averge in Euroleague.

I like Shved.........but let's not overrate him. He's like a retarded version of Sasha Danilovic. The Euroleague has MUCH BETTER guards than Shved in it.

The TRUTH is that the NBA and its coaches and managers have lower basketball knowledge than even the average poster in this forum. Because they are the ones pushing this whole idea that no one in Euroleague can play, and that ONLY a few like Rubio or Shved could even make an NBA roster.

Which makes them as dumb or dumber than any poster on this forum. You Wolves fans are idiots. You brag and brag about guys like Shved and Rubio and act like your team is some magical team at "scouting Euros" - you dumb ****s don't even grasp that Rubio and Shved were not even close to being the best of Euroleague players.

So don't start this bullshit, like you know basketball - because you don't.

Zodiac
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
The Euroleague's guards are vastly superior to the NBA's guards. Shved isn't all that great, he's just playing in a lower level than the Euroleague.

You can take just about any guard from Euroleague and he will be a good player in the joke NBA of today.

Even freaking Brian Roberts is a good NBA player and he was barely averge in Euroleague.

I like Shved.........but let's not overrate him. He's like a retarded version of Sasha Danilovic. The Euroleague has MUCH BETTER guards than Shved in it.

The TRUTH is that the NBA and its coaches and managers have lower basketball knowledge than even the average poster in this forum. Because they are the ones pushing this whole idea that no one in Euroleague can play, and that ONLY a few like Rubio or Shved could even make an NBA roster.

Which makes them as dumb or dumber than any poster on this forum. You Wolves fans are idiots. You brag and brag about guys like Shved and Rubio and act like your team is some magical team at "scouting Euros" - you dumb ****s don't even grasp that Rubio and Shved were not even close to being the best of Euroleague players.

So don't start this bullshit, like you know basketball - because you don't.No Habla Retard

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 06:27 PM

You mean like that scrub Spanoulis who averaged 2.7 ppg in the NBA? Or how about Jeremy Pargo who averaged 13 ppg and was the leading scorer on a Euroleague team that made the final and was 4th in Euroleague in assists not to mention being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and is now averaging 4.6 ppg on the 2nd worse team in the NBA? Or Sonny Weems who averaged 7.7 ppg on a Toronto team that never even made the playoffs and was the third worse team in the whole league his last year. In Euroleague he is now averaging 16.5 ppg which is good for 4th in the whole league on a team with the 2nd best record in the whole league??!!

tpols
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM

Who are the euro league superstars that would do very well in the nba?

Do you consider players like Tony Parker and Manu good?

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Alexey Shved
NBA stats this year: 10.6 ppg 3.8 apg
Euroleague stats last year: 10.6 ppg 3 apg

but remember folks Euroleague stats mean a lot more than NBA stats so his Euroleague stats are better.

dd24
12-05-2012, 06:47 PM

You once again prove that you're absolutely insane and the worst poster on this message board. It never fails. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

madmax
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Alexey Shved

but remember folks Euroleague stats mean a lot more than NBA stats so his Euroleague stats are better.

it's easy to get stats in NBA if you are decent player - most of the time defense there sucks and it all depends on how much NBA coach is willing to trust you over the local american players. That's why I take all these averages with a pinch of salt, because they heavily rely on a situation in the team. There are plenty of european players, who can do what Shved is averaging right now indeed

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 07:18 PM
it's easy to get stats in NBA if you are decent player - most of the time defense there sucks and it all depends on how much NBA coach is willing to trust you over the local american players. That's why I take all these averages with a pinch of salt, because they heavily rely on a situation in the team. There are plenty of european players, who can do what Shved is averaging right now indeed

Yeah of coarse. And don't forget a big thing is an NBA game is 8 minutes longer than a Euroleague game. For example the leading scorer in the NBA, Kobe, is averaging 27.9 ppg, while the leading scorer in Euroleague, Bobby Brown, has 18.25 ppg. That's almost a 10 difference and it goes for every stat like in assist Rondo is leading the NBA with 12.9 apg while Spanoulis is leading Euroleague with 6.25. The leading assist man in the NBA is doubling the Euroleague leader.

So when comparing stats between leagues you have to understand that Euroleague stats mean a lot more. Averaging 15 and 8 in the NBA would make you a good player, averaging 15 in 8 in Euroleague would make you an MVP candidate. I just made up numbers there but you get what I mean.

Therefore even though Shved has very similar stats in the NBA as he did in Euroleague he was a much better player in Euroleague.

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Alexey Shved

You are a ****ing POS.

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah of coarse. And don't forget a big thing is an NBA game is 8 minutes longer than a Euroleague game. For example the leading scorer in the NBA, Kobe, is averaging 27.9 ppg, while the leading scorer in Euroleague, Bobby Brown, has 18.25 ppg. That's almost a 10 difference and it goes for every stat like in assist Rondo is leading the NBA with 12.9 apg while Spanoulis is leading Euroleague with 6.25. The leading assist man in the NBA is doubling the Euroleague leader.

So when comparing stats between leagues you have to understand that Euroleague stats mean a lot more. Averaging 15 and 8 in the NBA would make you a good player, averaging 15 in 8 in Euroleague would make you an MVP candidate. I just made up numbers there but you get what I mean.

Therefore even though Shved has very similar stats in the NBA as he did in Euroleague he was a much better player in Euroleague.

You are a real piece of work.

All we heard all last year from you was how what a joke the Euroleague was and how what a joke CSKA was....."A joke" that "one of the best teams in Euroleague is led by NBA scrubs like Krstic and Kirilenko" and "Euro scrubs" like Teodosic and Shved, that "are not even good enough to make an NBA roster."

You are a ****ing SCUMBAG.

Just like you spent a whole year here bashing Nikola Pekovic as a "superstar in Euroleague and a scrub in NBA". Then, when he actually got a chance from his biased against Europeans coach, then you dropped that and pretended you never said it.

Then you switched to, "Jannero Pargo, Euroleague star that can't even get off an NBA bench". Now that Pargo is averaging double figures in the NBA, you are pretending you never said that and making up more bullshit.

You are the single biggest malignant cancerous troll in the history of this site.

La Frescobaldi
12-05-2012, 07:56 PM

But really, I don't even care how he was in Euroleague or Russia or wherever it was, or if those leagues are better or worse or the same as some other league. How is he doing in the NBA? That's what I want to see and hear about.

I remember guys jumping to the ABA, and back and forth about which league was better. The bottom line is, the NBA has decades of greatness when it comes to hoops. Everything else is less than a sideline even tho there's great players or whatever.

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
You are a real piece of work.

All we heard all last year from you was how what a joke the Euroleague was and how what a joke CSKA was....."A joke" that "one of the best teams in Euroleague is led by NBA scrubs like Krstic and Kirilenko" and "Euro scrubs" like Teodosic and Shved, that "are not even good enough to make an NBA roster."

You are a ****ing SCUMBAG.

Just like you spent a whole year here bashing Nikola Pekovic as a "superstar in Euroleague and a scrub in NBA". Then, when he actually got a chance from his biased against Europeans coach, then you dropped that and pretended you never said it.

Then you switched to, "Jannero Pargo, Euroleague star that can't even get off an NBA bench". Now that Pargo is averaging double figures in the NBA, you are pretending you never said that and making up more bullshit.

You are the single biggest malignant cancerous troll in the history of this site.

Jeremy Pargo is averaging double figures on the 2nd worst team in the league. If we're talking about putting up stats on bad team the NBA scrub Sheldon Williams is 2nd in Euroleague in rebounds on the 2nd worse team in the league and that team is tied with 6th other teams for the 2nd worse record in Euroleague while the Cavs are only tied with Toronto for the 2nd worse record.

Wake me up when Pargo is selected for all-NBA 2nd team like he was selected for all-Euroleague 2nd team. Oh yeah and was the leading scorer on a team that made the final. lol Pargo, Sheldon Williams, Booby Brown, Farmar, Rudy Fernandez...how many more NBA scrubs will be Euroleague top players? Can't wait to see.

ALBballer
12-05-2012, 10:43 PM
I like Shved's game. I think once he adjusts to the NBA he will be a Manu-lite.

KingBeasley08
12-05-2012, 11:30 PM

Clearly not V-Span (the suppossed GOAT player). He was an absolute bum in the NBA. Forgetting balling, he was the towel boy :roll:

KingBeasley08
12-05-2012, 11:32 PM

:applause:

Exactly. Averaging around 15 points makes you the GOAT in Europe. Low standards I guess?

gabepizza
12-06-2012, 12:04 AM
:applause:

Exactly. Averaging around 15 points makes you the GOAT in Europe. Low standards I guess?

Well low standards is the wrong way to put it. It's a different game. The Euroleague game has 10 minute quarters so it is 8 minutes shorter plus they have rules that make defense easier, such as no defensive 3 second rule. So even the top scorers in the NBA (Kobe, Durant, Anthony) if they went to Euroleague, while dominating and leading the league in scoring will still be putting up lesser number than they do in the NBA.

gabepizza
12-06-2012, 12:12 AM

Brian Roberts
NBA stats 7.9 ppg 2.4 apg
Euroleague stats 10.7 ppg 2.3 apg
and we all know how Euroleague stats mean more than NBA stats.
Yet Brian Roberts is a good NBA player and a barely average Euroleague players.
Stop your trolling please!!!

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Brian Roberts
NBA stats 7.9 ppg 2.4 apg
Euroleague stats 10.7 ppg 2.3 apg
and we all know how Euroleague stats mean more than NBA stats.
Yet Brian Roberts is a good NBA player and a barely average Euroleague players.
Stop your trolling please!!!

You are a complete nut.

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 09:09 AM
To my surprise this guy stood his ground against Rondo , and did pretty good
11pts 2 rbs 2asts 2 steals

Not saying he didn't get run over/around/through but then RR does a lot of that to a lot of guys.

When you talk about ROY Shved has this opportunity to make that but the challenge is enormous:
To me Timberwolves have what looks like a built-in failure mentality and they got to get rid of that. Don't know if Shved has the leadership qualities to overcome that culture particularly if his English is so-so or less.

But come on if he hasn't got a starting job by now? On the Timberwolf guard string? Ridnour is experienced pro and has stronger defense but still.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 12:17 PM

Not saying he didn't get run over/around/through but then RR does a lot of that to a lot of guys.

When you talk about ROY Shved has this opportunity to make that but the challenge is enormous:
To me Timberwolves have what looks like a built-in failure mentality and they got to get rid of that. Don't know if Shved has the leadership qualities to overcome that culture particularly if his English is so-so or less.

But come on if he hasn't got a starting job by now? On the Timberwolf guard string? Ridnour is experienced pro and has stronger defense but still.

Shved shouldn't play PG, so Ridnour has to start. Tho I'd look to trade Ridnour when Rubio comes back.

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 12:50 PM

Once again, Shved is a SHOOTING GUARD, not a point guard. The only reason he played PG in the Olympics was because Russia's point guard, Sergey Bykov, was injured and could not play.

The only reason he plays PG with the Wolves is because Rubio is injured. He's not a PG. He's been playing SG the whole time he was with CSKA.

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Shved shouldn't play PG, so Ridnour has to start. Tho I'd look to trade Ridnour when Rubio comes back.

So what you are talkin here is this:

1. Ricky Rubio
2. Alexey Shved / Malcolm Lee
3. AK47
4. K Love
5. Nicola Pekovic

6. Luke
7. Dante Cunningham / Derrick Williams

and then sparingly minutes for the other guys?

I'll be good with that although I want D.C. to be getting more than a minute due to the fact, that guy has SERIOUS ability and needs to be expanded.
Also I ain't a hundred per cent Shved as opposed to M Lee. That young man has shown some skill at times.

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM

But come on if he hasn't got a starting job by now? On the Timberwolf guard string? Ridnour is experienced pro and has stronger defense but still.He is purposely coming off the bench for match up reasons. Not really a big deal though since he has literally played almost every single minute of the 4th quarter in every game this year.

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Once again, Shved is a SHOOTING GUARD, not a point guard. The only reason he played PG in the Olympics was because Russia's point guard, Sergey Bykov, was injured and could not play.

The only reason he plays PG with the Wolves is because Rubio is injured. He's not a PG. He's been playing SG the whole time he was with CSKA.
Shved doesn't play PG for the Wolves...He almost always plays with either Ridnour or Barea and lets them control the offense for the most part.

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
He is purposely coming off the bench for match up reasons. Not really a big deal though since he has literally played almost every single minute of the 4th quarter in every game this year.

true. he can gun no doubt about it.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
So what you are talkin here is this:

1. Ricky Rubio
2. Alexey Shved / Malcolm Lee
3. AK47
4. K Love
5. Nicola Pekovic

6. Luke
7. Dante Cunningham / Derrick Williams

and then sparingly minutes for the other guys?

I'll be good with that although I want D.C. to be getting more than a minute due to the fact, that guy has SERIOUS ability and needs to be expanded.
Also I ain't a hundred per cent Shved as opposed to M Lee. That young man has shown some skill at times.

I know it's hopeful thinking, but what have they said about Roy? Any news on if he's gonna be coming back anytime soon or if has he talked about just backing out?

If Ridnour is traded, then JJ is off the bench (tho I guess one could argue for him being traded). Lee and Cunningham look solid. Williams, not so much. Remember, AK47 can play the 4 so if there is a logjam at the 3 with Howard and Cunningham, then Kirilenko can get some of Love's bench minutes at the 4. Plus Steisma is there to play some for Pekovic. And Amundson. Seems like a good rotation.

Shit, I might try and trade Roy to Phoenix for Shannon Brown. Phoenix is under the cap, might be able to heal anybody, and they'd have the option to not pick up Roy after the season.

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 05:14 PM
I know it's hopeful thinking, but what have they said about Roy? Any news on if he's gonna be coming back anytime soon or if has he talked about just backing out?

If Ridnour is traded, then JJ is off the bench (tho I guess one could argue for him being traded). Lee and Cunningham look solid. Williams, not so much. Remember, AK47 can play the 4 so if there is a logjam at the 3 with Howard and Cunningham, then Kirilenko can get some of Love's bench minutes at the 4. Plus Steisma is there to play some for Pekovic. And Amundson. Seems like a good rotation.

Shit, I might try and trade Roy to Phoenix for Shannon Brown. Phoenix is under the cap, might be able to heal anybody, and they'd have the option to not pick up Roy after the season.

I don't even factor B Roy . Unfortunately.
He tried his knees and they buckled on him.

I just can't see any team taking a guy with knees that bad over any draft level. I guess I can see why Minny did it given Rubio's deal but... not really. Replaced a busted ACL with an even worse condition.

Phoenix would be insane to make such a deal. Now if the T Wolves were to throw in some unknown huge additional thing to make that deal? who knows

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Shved doesn't play PG for the Wolves...He almost always plays with either Ridnour or Barea and lets them control the offense for the most part.

But everyone keeps saying he is a PG.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't even factor B Roy . Unfortunately.
He tried his knees and they buckled on him.

I just can't see any team taking a guy with knees that bad over any draft level. I guess I can see why Minny did it given Rubio's deal but... not really. Replaced a busted ACL with an even worse condition.

Phoenix would be insane to make such a deal. Now if the T Wolves were to throw in some unknown huge additional thing to make that deal? who knows

Well how much value does brown have to Phoenix? They'd have the option on Roy, so if he couldn't play they wouldn't pick it up. They could evaluate him this year and get him integrated. And if they had confidence, they could pick him up. Or, if he doesn't play much, they could decline the option and then sign him at a cheaper contract (and he couldn't complain). Brown has one year at $3.5Million left. Why not trade him?

stallionaire
12-23-2012, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBcDQq-D8z4

watch and tell me you're not impressed

jamal99
12-23-2012, 01:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBcDQq-D8z4

watch and tell me you're not impressed
Always liked him as a player.
He won't win ROY, but I'm glad he's proving himself in the NBA.

He got that sneaky athleticism, at first I never thought he could dunk like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ae5EjVwE8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifNQNxRipM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf6cUFsIPDY

La Frescobaldi
12-23-2012, 02:50 AM
I think Kenny Smith had valid point the other day about Shved.

We'll see what he really does once the scouting starts on him. Because who's been watching him, trying to figure out his moves and his game? Nobody.

We'll know more by end of year, or All-Star break, what he's really got.

Will be interesting to see if the Knicks throw Kidd at him tomorrow.

LT Ice Cream
12-23-2012, 03:35 AM
I was really impressed by his game against the Thunder. Great court vision and not afraid to be aggressive when needed. Especially against an angry Russbrook.