PDA

View Full Version : Euroleague 2012-2013 Discussion

Grinder
09-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Unics vs. Ratiopharm
Le Mans vs. Donetsk
Nymburk vs. Oostende
Cantu vs. Lukoil

I've watched a few preseason games and Djordje Gagic from Partizan looks like a huge talent. Donetsk has put together a nice team this year.

Fiba basketball
09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
I've watched a few preseason games and Djordje Gagic from Partizan looks like a huge talent.
He's great but he makes fauls very fast , if he stops doing that he can become weaker version of Pekovic but better rebounder . Westermann also impressed me and he will prove that he was MVP of u20 for a reason , I also think that Lucic will be one of the best SFs in Europe next season .

Euroleague
09-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Out of these teams, the only two that have a Euroleague level roster are Cantu and UNICS. Cantu plays at home, so they should have the advantage, even though UNICS probably has a better team.

Donetsk does have a nice team (for Eurocup level), but they don't have the quality to beat Cantu on the road IMO.

Euroleague
09-22-2012, 05:20 PM
He's great but he makes fauls very fast , if he stops doing that he can become weaker version of Pekovic but better rebounder . Westermann also impressed me and he will prove that he was MVP of u20 for a reason , I also think that Lucic will be one of the best SFs in Europe next season .

I think Partizan needs to seriously stop bringing in more young players every year. I see this as a team with no chance at being competitive. Not even remotely.

Partizan's management is starting to become stupid. Sure they have a small budget for Euroleague, but it's still big enough to sign a MUCH better roster than what they did.

I don't even see that team being all that competitive in Eurocup level, let along Euroleague.

Fiba basketball
09-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I think Partizan needs to seriously stop bringing in more young players every year. I see this as a team with no chance at being competitive. Not even remotely.

Partizan's management is starting to become stupid. Sure they have a small budget for Euroleague, but it's still big enough to sign a MUCH better roster than what they did.

I don't even see that team being all that competitive in Eurocup level, let along Euroleague.
They said that their budget for this season is 2,5 milion

Euroleague
09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Fiba basketball]They said that their budget for this season is 2,5 milion

Fiba basketball
09-22-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't really care what their budget is. Their team has no chance of being competitive, this year or next year. Not with the current roster. They are almost making a mockery of Euroleague.

It's like they are running a youth developmental program, while Euroleague rules give them a place each season no matter what, since they have no other team to compete for their place.

I am just sick of all these teams that have no intention of even trying to compete. Partizan is now copying the same model that Olimpija has been using. It ruins it for the fans. It used to be fun seeing games in Belgrade, and now it's just boring as hell.
I'll quote this when Partizan makes top 16 .

Euroleague
09-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I'll quote this when Partizan makes top 16 .

Even if they make Top 16 it means nothing ( I was not even necessarily saying they would not - as there are always crap teams to beat in regular season ). They won't be competitive. I am saying they can't be competitive. I don't want to see teams going 2-12 or 3-13 in Top 16 but that's probably what we will see.

Partizan is going to be struggling just like they did when Gist was there in Top 16. Only difference is now there are something like 14 or 16 games in Top 16.

Euroleague making that change, and then teams like Partizan and Olimpija going with all these young players, it just does not look right. Even Lietuvos Rytas is doing it now too.

Top 16 could be terrible with this. Surely you realize that a team that young, with not a single leader or star can't compete at Top 16 level?

Fiba basketball
09-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Even if they make Top 16 it means nothing ( I was not even necessarily saying they would not - as there are always crap teams to beat in regular season ). They won't be competitive. I am saying they can't be competitive. I don't want to see teams going 2-12 or 3-13 in Top 16 but that's probably what we will see.

Partizan is going to be struggling just like they did when Gist was there in Top 16. Only difference is now there are something like 14 or 16 games in Top 16.

Euroleague making that change, and then teams like Partizan and Olimpija going with all these young players, it just does not look right. Even Lietuvos Rytas is doing it now too.

Top 16 could be terrible with this. Surely you realize that a team that young, with not a single leader or star can't compete at Top 16 level?
Well I think that Partizan will have a leader and maybe even a star . As I said they don't want to compete this season , they want to compete in next season and thats why they got lot of talented players .

Grinder
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Well I think that Partizan will have a leader and maybe even a star . As I said they don't want to compete this season , they want to compete in next season and thats why they got lot of talented players .
I think it'll be fun to watch Partizan grow as the season goes on. Drew Gordon is a good young player and will be a nice fit for the European game and Davis Bertans could have a breakout year. I like the potential of Bogdan Bogdanovic, Gagic, Lucic, and Andjusic as well. Not much experience, but lots of talent...

I don't feel like starting another thread, but Real won the SuperCopa today to make it a sweep in basketball and football. :applause:

Rudy has 22 points and one of my favorite players in Europe, Jaycee Carroll had 17. Nathan Jawai lead Bar

Fiba basketball
09-23-2012, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=Grinder]I think it'll be fun to watch Partizan grow as the season goes on. Drew Gordon is a good young player and will be a nice fit for the European game and Davis Bertans could have a breakout year. I like the potential of Bogdan Bogdanovic, Gagic, Lucic, and Andjusic as well. Not much experience, but lots of talent...

I don't feel like starting another thread, but Real won the SuperCopa today to make it a sweep in basketball and football. :applause:

Rudy has 22 points and one of my favorite players in Europe, Jaycee Carroll had 17. Nathan Jawai lead Bar

Euroleague
09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
There are rumors that Velickovic might come back to Partizan so with him this joung team could do a lot . I don't think Andjusic will play much this season because Bogdanovic is just as good at shooting but is better defender and defense will most important for this team next season . Did you saw Partizan Khimki game and how great Partizan played defense , if they play defense like that every game they should make top 16 and have a chance for top 8 . I watched Real Barsa and it was good game , I like what Laso has done with Real since he became coach thats why Real is my favorite spanish team in basketball . Caroll is also one of my favorite players you just have to like him when you see him play , he's just one of those players that you can enjoy watching even if you don't follow basketball .

Your team is way too young to make the playoffs. Be realistic. Top 16 will be a big success for Partizan.

I don't like Barca's team this year, as I told Grinder they should not be called "elite" this year.

Their team was always 50% Navarro and it appears that he is very near to the end of his playing days as his body has totally broken down in the last year and he has really bad feet.

Huertas and Lorbek is a great start (except that Huertas plays no defense at all)...but old washed up Mickeal, Jawai, Ingles, Wallace, old washed up Saras, Tomic, Sada - their role players leave a lot to be desired.

It's going to be tough for them in ACB dealing with Real Madrid and even teams like Bilbao and Baskonia. And Euroleague....they are not in contention unless Navarro has a miracle recovery.

I'm not sure what the hell their management is doing, because they have made some strange moves in the last 2 years. I mean players like Tomic, Jawai, Wallace, and Ingles are decent enough, but nowhere near the level needed of a Euroleague champion.

chains5000
09-24-2012, 04:04 AM
I agree, Barcelona doesn't look as strong as last seasons. IMO Madrid will easily win the league.

Euroleague
09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
I agree, Barcelona doesn't look as strong as last seasons. IMO Madrid will easily win the league.

I am thinking maybe a Bilbao - Real Madrid finals.

Fiba basketball
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Caja Laboral ?

Grinder
09-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Euroleague qualifying starts tomorrow. Post your predictions:

Unics vs. Ratiopharm
Le Mans vs. Donetsk
Nymburk vs. Oostende
Cantu vs. Lukoil

Euroleague
09-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Caja Laboral ?

What about them?

chains5000
09-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Don't think so, this is kinda a rebuilding season for us.

chains5000
09-25-2012, 02:39 AM
What about them?
He's saying they can make the Finals too, which is possible.

Fiba basketball
09-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Euroleague qualifying starts tomorrow. Post your predictions:

Unics vs. Ratiopharm
Le Mans vs. Donetsk
Nymburk vs. Oostende
Cantu vs. Lukoil
I agree with your predictions but I have a feeling Nymburk vs Oostende will be a close one .

Fiba basketball
09-25-2012, 04:45 AM
What about them?
You don't see them making finals ? I think they are better team than Bilba this season , also there is Valencia that is good enough to suprise everyone and makes the finals .

Maga_1
09-25-2012, 10:37 AM
So, are we going to play Euroleague Fantasy League? Who's in?

Fiba basketball
09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
So, are we going to play Euroleague Fantasy League? Who's in?
I'm probably going to play

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't think so, this is kinda a rebuilding season for us.

And what other good teams are there in ACB?

Valencia is average. Malaga has a good roster, but they underachieve every single year for years now.

Baskonia has a nice roster, but lots of the players are injury prone and they don't have a reliable point guard.

Barca is just old, and if Navarro isn't healthy, I don't see it from them. Who else? Sevilla? Mediocre roster. San Sebastian and Gran Canaria have decent rosters, but nothing as good as Bilbao's.

The rest of the teams all suck.

Then you have to factor in home court advantage, which Bilbao has the best one. Then you have to factor in that Bilbao does not have to play in Euroleague this year. They can take it easy through Eurocup, up until the semifinals.

Plus, Bilbao's team in recent years had old Lopez, that is limited in minutes and can't defend, or Jackson, that is not a high IQ point guard running the team.

Zisis has an exceptionally high basketball IQ - maybe the highest one of any point guard in Europe, so I think that will be a big difference for that team at ACB level.

You also have a team that plays extremely well against Baskonia and Real Madrid. So yeah, I think Bilbao can make the finals again this year.

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 08:05 PM
You don't see them making finals ? I think they are better team than Bilba this season , also there is Valencia that is good enough to suprise everyone and makes the finals .

Valencia is an average team. They are definitely worse than Bilbao.

As for Baskonia....

PG Cabezas/Huertel
SG Oleson/Causeur
SF Nocioni/San Emeterio
PF N. Bjelica/M. Bjelica
C Lampe/Pliess

It might look nice on paper, but not so much in practical terms. Let's break it down:

PG - Cabezas/Huertel - Cabezas is past his prime, and too old to make much of a difference now. Huertel can't guard his own shadow.

SG - Olesen is a nice enough player, and so is Causeur, but they are both basically spread the floor shooters. They don't provide much of anything in complete game.

SF - Nocioni is old, extremely injury prone, and well past his prime. Probably easily one of the most overrated Euroleague players currently, as he is just repped off his name and what he was several years ago. San Emeterio is great, but unfortunately, he's also very injury prone and wildly inconsistent.

PF - N. Bjelica is talented and hyped, but he's also got incredibly low basketball IQ and plays totally out of control most of the time. M. Bjelica is a sold good player, but not much more.

C - Lampe has talent, but he's very soft, plays no defense, and he's almost always injured. He's soft and made out of glass. Pliess is very talented and big, but he's a horrific defender, maybe even worse than Tomic.

Ivanovic - great coach, and also a huge head case and nut job that is totally unpredictable.

Yeah, I'm not liking their team so much...

chains5000
09-26-2012, 03:06 AM
And what other good teams are there in ACB?

Valencia is average. Malaga has a good roster, but they underachieve every single year for years now.

Baskonia has a nice roster, but lots of the players are injury prone and they don't have a reliable point guard.

Barca is just old, and if Navarro isn't healthy, I don't see it from them. Who else? Sevilla? Mediocre roster. San Sebastian and Gran Canaria have decent rosters, but nothing as good as Bilbao's.

The rest of the teams all suck.

Then you have to factor in home court advantage, which Bilbao has the best one. Then you have to factor in that Bilbao does not have to play in Euroleague this year. They can take it easy through Eurocup, up until the semifinals.

Plus, Bilbao's team in recent years had old Lopez, that is limited in minutes and can't defend, or Jackson, that is not a high IQ point guard running the team.

Zisis has an exceptionally high basketball IQ - maybe the highest one of any point guard in Europe, so I think that will be a big difference for that team at ACB level.

You also have a team that plays extremely well against Baskonia and Real Madrid. So yeah, I think Bilbao can make the finals again this year.
Don't get me wrong, I like our team, it's a great one considering we don't play Euroleague.
That said, there's too many question marks regarding the new players (outside Zisis, obviously).

Also, regarding us playing great against Madrid, that was mainly due to Jackson destroying both Sergios, which won't happen this season, and them being really soft (Slaughter and Hettsheimeir will help them). And there's f*cking Rodolfo Fernandez too.
IMO Madrid is the clear cut candidate for winning every domestic trophy.

As for Baskonia, they got some unproven players too, but somehow they always make adjustments and remain competitive.
I don't like Cabezas, but he did really well last season.

Euroleague
09-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I think Donetsk did well to lose. At least they have something like a top 8, maybe even possibly can challenge for top 4 of Eurocup. They would have gone nowhere in Euroleague.

Maga_1
09-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Is even worthy create a League with people from ISH?

chains5000
09-27-2012, 04:10 AM
I think Donetsk did well to lose. At least they have something like a top 8, maybe even possibly can challenge for top 4 of Eurocup. They would have gone nowhere in Euroleague.
Some people said the same about us last season, and you know what happened:pimp:

Grinder
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Great effort from Le Mans to beat Unics Kazan. JP Batista absolutely dominated Vougioukas down low and Charles Kahudi played really tough defense.

BTW Kaimakoglou looks just like Brian Greenberg.

Euroleague
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Great effort from Le Mans to beat Unics Kazan. JP Batista absolutely dominated Vougioukas down low and Charles Kahudi played really tough defense.

BTW Kaimakoglou looks just like Brian Greenberg.

Pretty sure UNICS lost on purpose. I think they are copying Khimki's model. Just win Eurocup and then they get more sponsor money the next season.

I'm glad anyway, because I really prefer Cantu be in Euroleague instead. UNICS has a big budget, but Cantu fits much more to what a traditional Euroleague team should be.

Now, if Le Mans beats Cantu then that will suck. Two French teams in Euroleague is just bad.

Euroleague
09-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Is even worthy create a League with people from ISH?

No. Not enough people here follow Euroleague.

Euroleague
09-27-2012, 05:48 PM
BTW, here's the Bwin Euroleague player rankings:

(players rated from 50-99):

1. Vassilis Spanoulis - 100
2. Nenad Krstic - 94
3. Bo McCalebb - 92
4. Dimitris Diamantidis - 90
5. Erazem Lorbek - 88
6. Milos Teodosic - 85
7. Juan Carlos Navarro - 81
8. Rudy Fernandez - 80
9. Nikola Mirotic - 80
10. Sonny Weems - 77
11. Mike Batiste - 75
12. Viktor Khryapa - 75
13. Fernando San Emeterrio - 73
14. Jordan Farmar - 73
15. Dusko Savanovic - 73
16. Marcelinho Huertas - 72
17. David Andersen - 72
18. Maciej Lampe - 72
19. Sofoklis Schortsanitis - 71
20. Malik Hairston - 71
21. Ioannis Bourousis - 70
22. Andres Nocioni - 70
23. Keith Langford - 70
24. Ksistof Lavrinovic - 69
25. Zoran Planinic - 68
26. Paul Davis - 68
27. Pete Mickeal - 67
28. Georgios Printezis - 65
29. Marko Popovic - 65
30. Jaycee Carroll - 65
31. Sasha Vujacic - 65
32. Romain Sato - 65
33. Ronnie Seibutis - 64
34. Blake Schilb - 64
35. Sergio Llull - 63
36. Lior Eliyahu - 63
37. Kostas Papanikolaou - 62
38. Bojan Bogdanovic - 62
39. Bostjan Nachbar - 62
40. Antonis Fotsis - 61
41. Devin Smith - 61
42. Nik Caner-Medley - 61
43. Roko Ukic - 60
44. Rimantas Kaukenas - 60
45. Felipe Reyes - 60
46. Vitaly Fridzon - 58
47. Jonas Maciulis - 58
48. David Moss - 58
49. Aaron Jackson - 58
50. Richard Hendrix - 58
51. Marcus Slaughter - 58
52. Kyle Hines - 57
53. Omar Cook - 57
54. Yogev Oyahon - 57
55. Stanko Barac - 57
56. Darjus Lavrinovic - 57
57. Andy Panko - 56
58. Luka Zoric - 56
59. David Logan - 56
60. Sarunas Jasikevicius - 55
61. Nathan Jawai - 55
62. Curtis Jerrells - 55
63. KC Rivers - 55
64. Tremmell Darden - 55
65. Giorgi Shermadini - 54
66. Fran Vazquez - 54
67. Mantas Kalnietis - 54
68. Dontaye Draper - 54
69. DaShaun Wood - 54
70. Sylven Landesberg - 54
71. Acie Law - 53
72. Mario Kasun - 53
73. Luksa Andric - 53
74. Bracey Wright - 53
75. Oliver Lafayette - 53
76. Sharrod Ford - 53
77. Joey Dorsey - 52
78. Kresimir Loncar - 52
79. Andrey Vorontsevich - 52
80. Krunoslav Simon - 52
81. Drew Nicholas - 52
82. Carlos Cabezas - 52
83. Bobby Brown - 52
84. Julian Khazzouh - 52
85. James Gist - 52
86. Jamon Lucas - 51
87. Emir Preldzic - 51
88. Marko Tomas - 51
89. Paulius Jankunas - 51
90. Semih Erden - 51
91. Hilton Armstrong - 51
92. James Augustine - 51
93. Ante Tomic - 50
94. Vladimir Micov - 50
95. Earl Calloway - 50
96. Damir Markota - 50
97. Shelden Williams - 50
98. Deon Thompson - 50
99. Mindaugas Katelynas - 50
100. Ricky Hickman - 50
101. Zach Morley - 50
102. Dragan Milosavljevic - 50
103. Drew Gordon - 50

(players rated from 35-49):

104. Kerem Tunceri - 49
105. Tibor Pleiss - 49
106. Maik Zirbes - 49
107. Petteri Koponen - 48
108. Vladimir Dasic - 48
109. Joe Ingles - 48
110. Vule Avdalovic - 48
111. Zoran Erceg - 48
112. Patrick Christopher - 48
113. Sergio Rodriguez - 47
114. Viktor Sanikidze - 47
115. Guy Pnini - 47
116. Marcelus Kemp - 47
117. Txemi Urtasun - 47
118. Marcus Denmon - 47
119. Dejan Ivanov - 47
120. Marques Green - 47
121. Nathan Peavy - 47
122. Sergey Monya - 46
123. Anton Gavel - 46
124. Leon Radosevic - 46
125. Zoran Dragic - 46
126. Marcus Williams - 46
127. Mickael Gelabale - 46
128. Carlos Suarez - 46
129. Milko Bjelica - 46
130. Esteban Batista - 46
131. Taylor Rochestie - 46
132. Predrag Suput - 46
133. Drew Viney - 46
134. Nihad Djedovic - 45
135. Stratos Perperoglou - 45
136. Pero Antic - 45
137. Kostas Sloukas - 45
138. Brad Oleson - 45
139. Aron Baynes - 45
140. Casey Jacobsen - 45
141. Kosta Perovic - 45
142. AJ Ogilvy - 45
143. Steed Tchicamboud - 45
144. Ilian Evtimov - 45
145. Curtis Stinson - 45
146. Oguz Savas - 44
147. Sergi Vidal - 44
148. Derwin Kitchen - 44
149. Goran Suton - 44
150. Omer Onan - 43
151. Gasper Vidmar - 43
152. Victor Sada - 43
153. Marty Pocius - 43
154. Aleksandar Rasic - 43
155. Fabien Causeur - 43
156. Mirza Begic - 43
157. Predrag Samardziski - 43
158. Teddy Gipson - 43
159. Dominic Waters - 43
160. Jerel Blassingame - 43
161. Robertas Javtokas - 42
162. Kerem Gonlum - 42
163. Nemanja Nedovic - 42
164. Davis Bertans - 42
165. Matt Janning - 42
166. Kaya Peker - 42
167. Frank Robinson - 42
168. Torey Thomas - 42
169. Sasu Salin - 42
170. Dylan Page - 42
171. Dimitrios Mavroeidis - 41
172. Benjamin Eze - 41
173. Matt Nielsen - 41
174. Baris Ermis - 41
175. Lukasz Koszarek - 41
176. Sasha Kaun - 40
177. Dino Muric - 40
178. Dejan Musli - 40
179. Sinan Guler - 39
180. Marko Car - 39
181. Heiko Schaffartzik - 38
182. Gianluca Basile - 38
183. Daniel Hackett - 38
184. Nemanja Bjelica - 38
185. Adam Hrycaniuk - 38
186. Cehver Ozer - 38
187. Vladimir Lucic - 38
188. Mike Bramos - 37
189. Alessandro Gentile - 37
190. Arturas Jomantas - 37
191. Yassin Idbihi - 37
192. Shawn James - 37
193. Marko Cakarevic - 37
194. Mindaugas Kuzminskas - 37
195. Janis Blums - 36
196. Teemu Rannikko - 36
197. Djordje Gagic - 36
198. Marino Bazdaric - 36
199. Vangelis Mantzaris - 35
200. CJ Wallace - 35
201. Leo Westermann - 35
202. Alexey Zhukanenko - 35
203. Steponas Babrauskas - 35
204. Piotr Szczkota - 35
205. Danilo Andjusic - 35

(players rated 34 and below):

206. Nicolo Melli - 34
207. Xavi Rabaseda - 34
208. Nemanja Besovic - 34
209. Marco Carraretto - 33
210. Tomas Ress - 33
211. Dogus Balbay - 33
212. J Bam - 32
213. Piotr Pamula - 32
214. Philipp Neumann - 32
215. Martynas Gecevicius - 31
216. Kristjan Kangur - 31
217. Albert Miralles - 31
218. Kostas Tsartsaris - 30
219. Rok Stipcevic - 30
220. Charis Giannopoulos - 30
221. Aleksey Zozulin - 30
222. Thomas Heurtel - 30
223. Bogdan Bogdanovic - 30
224. Miro Bilan - 30
225. Tutku Acik - 29
226. Vilmantas Dilys - 29
227. Ilkan Karaman - 28
228. Jacopo Giachetti - 28
229. Tadas Klimavicius - 28
230. Luka Babic - 28
231. Branislav Djekic - 28
232. Adas Juskevicius - 28
233. Deividas Dulkys - 27
234. Alex Abrines - 27
235. Augusto Lima - 27
236. Muratcan Guler - 27
237. Robert Witka - 26
238. Jeff Foote - 26
239. Simas Buterlevicius - 26
240. Can Akin - 25
241. Dmitry Sokolov - 25
242. Dimitry Khvostov - 25
243. Emir Sulejmanovic - 25
244. Dovydas Redikas - 24
245. Nicolas Lang - 24
246. John Goldsberry - 22
247. Gaios Skordilis - 22
248. Anton Ponkrashov - 21
249. Evgeniy Voronov - 21
250. Ermal Kuqo - 20
251. Egor Vyaltsev - 20
252. Jan Mocnik - 20
253. Jordan Abodou - 20
254. Mateusz Ponitka - 20
255. Sven Schultze - 19
256. Jaka Blazic - 19
257. Ulysse Adjagba - 18
258. Joffrey Lauvergne - 17
259. Dimitrios Katsivelis - 16
260. Drazen Bubnic - 16
261. Klemen Prepelic - 15
262. Karsten Tadda - 15
263. Mario Delas - 15
264. Berkay Candan - 15
265. Vassilis Xanthopoulos - 14
266. Vytenis Lipkevicius - 14
267. Vincent Gaillard - 14
268. Joey Ney - 13
269. Marko Todorovic - 12
270. Benjamin-Pavel Dudu - 12
271. Tomasz Snieg - 12
272. David Chiotti - 11
273. Daniel Schmidt - 11
274. Anton Pushkov 10
275. Moran Roth - 10
276. Luca Lechthaler - 10
277. Alen Omic - 10
278. Erbil Eroglu - 9
279. Birkan Batur -8

Fiba basketball
09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
@Euroleague There are some mistakes by Bwin about rating of some Partizan players so I think they made mistakes about other players rating too . For example Lucic is Partizans best player and he's rated 38 , Gagic played great in preseason games and he's rated 36 . So I don't trust Bwin much .

Euroleague
09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
@Euroleague There are some mistakes by Bwin about rating of some Partizan players so I think they made mistakes about other players rating too . For example Lucic is Partizans best player and he's rated 38 , Gagic played great in preseason games and he's rated 36 . So I don't trust Bwin much .

The ratings are stats based. Obviously, young players that have not played much will not have good stats.

Sakkreth
09-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Players that transfered from contenders to bottom teams are usually good picks.

Euroleague
09-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Players that transfered from contenders to bottom teams are usually good picks.

So are players that were not in a rotation last year, but will be this year.

SourPatchKids
09-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Quack quack

chains5000
10-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Two French teams in Euroleague is just bad.
:oldlol:

Euroleague
10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
In honor of this thread:

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=278433

This thread will help to educate the NBA fans a little more about Euroleague's history since the year 2000. Please keep in mind that these are not the leaders since Euroleague existed in 1958 under FIBA.

It is only the stats since the year 2000, when Euroleague changed from FIBA to a privately owned league that is run by the Euroleague itself (like how the NBA is run for example).

So for instance, Nikos Galis is the player that scored the most points in the Euroleague, but because he only played during the time when FIBA ran the competition, his stats are not counted in this, etc.

OK, with that being said, here are the current career leaders in the Euroleague in stats (since the year 2000). The stats will be updated after each week of the current Euroleague season.

Euroleague
10-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Games Played:

1. Theo Papaloukas - 235
2. Jaka Lakovic - 218
3. Gianluca Basile - 217
4. Kostas Tsartsaris - 213
5. Juan Carlos Navarro - 211
6. J.R. Holden - 209
7. David Andersen - 204
8. Nikos Zisis - 200
9. Derrick Sharp - 195
10. Denis Marconato - 192
11. Nikola Vujcic - 192
12. Sergi Vidal - 190
13. Mike Batiste - 190
14. Pablo Prigioni - 183
15. Sarunas Jasikevicius - 178
16. Marcus Brown - 178
17. Tal Burstein - 178
18. Kaya Peker - 177
19. Erazem Lorbek - 177
20. Aleksey Savrasenko - 173

Performance Index Rating (PIR):

1. Nikola Vujcic - 3,047
2. Juan Carlos Navarro - 2,752
3. Marcus Brown - 2,734
4. Jaka Lakovic - 2,576
5. Mike Batiste - 2,557
6. Dimitris Diamantidis - 2,515
7. Theo Papaloukas - 2,437
8. David Andersen - 2,434
9. Mirsad Turkcan - 2,362
10. Jorge Garbajosa - 2,264
11. Luis Scola - 2,220
12. Trajan Langdon - 2,119
13. Igor Rakocevic - 2,036
14. Erazem Lorbek - 2,002
15. Gianluca Basile - 1,984
16. Gregor F u c k a - 1,958
17. Anthony Parker - 1,927
18. Sarunas Jasikevicius - 1,918
19. Matjaz Smodis - 1,903
20. J.R. Holden - 1,890

Points Scored:

1. Juan Carlos Navarro - 2,875
2. Marcus Brown - 2,715
3. Jaka Lakovic - 2,524
4. Nikola Vujcic - 2,444
5. J.R. Holden - 2,388
6. Igor Rakocevic - 2,328
7. Mike Batiste - 2,298
8. Trajan Langdon - 2,178
9. David Andersen - 2,146
10. Gianluca Basile - 2,141
11. Sarunas Jasikevicius - 2,064
12. Luis Scola - 2,054
13. Louis Bullock - 1,932
14. Matjaz Smodis - 1,818
15. Theo Papaloukas - 1,687
16. Jorge Garbajosa - 1,677
17. Ramunas Siskauskas - 1,655
18. Erazem Lorbek - 1,644
19. Dimitris Diamantidis - 1,642
20. Gregor F u c k a - 1,630

Total Rebounds:

1. Mirsad Turkcan - 1,287
2. David Andersen - 1,058
3. Nikola Vujcic - 1,037
4. Mike Batiste - 1,023
5. Denis Marconato - 963
6. Felipe Reyes - 909
7. Ioannis Bourousis - 879
8. Kerem Gonlum - 843
9. Kostas Tsartsaris - 829
10. Gregor F u c k a - 818
11. Jorge Garbajosa - 818
12. Paulius Jankunas - 817
13. Luis Scola - 810
14. Erazem Lorbek - 755
15. Michailis Kakiouzis - 745
16. Kaya Peker - 732
17. Marcus Goree - 727
18. Antonis Fotsis - 723
19. Aleksey Savrasenko - 704
20. Dimitris Diamantidis - 691

Assists:

1. Theo Papaloukas - 938
2. Pablo Prigioni - 798
3. Dimitris Diamantidis - 665
4. Sarunas Jasikevicius - 632
5. J.R. Holden - 608
6. Jaka Lakovic - 580
7. Juan Carlos Navarro - 524
8. Nikola Vujcic - 524
9. Nikos Zisis - 483
10. Gianluca Basile - 474
11. Marcus Brown - 457
12. Kerem Tunceri - 454
13. Vassilis Spanoulis - 428
14. Omar Cook - 402
15. Tyus Edney - 384
16. Milos Teodosic - 365
17. Berni Rodriguez - 357
18. Zoran Planinic - 350
19. Vlado Ilievski - 340
20. Ender Arslan - 336

Steals:

1. Theo Papaloukas - 327
2. Pablo Prigioni - 320
3. Dimitris Diamantidis - 311
4. Gianluca Basile - 259
5. J.R. Holden - 247
6. Jorge Garbajosa - 224
7. Trajan Langdon - 216
8. Shaun Stonerook - 201
9. Juan Carlos Navarro - 199
10. Jaka Lakovic - 198
11. Nikola Prkacin - 190
12. Vlado Ilievski - 188
13. Marcus Brown - 184
14. Nikola Vujcic - 181
15. Scoonie Penn - 179
16. Sergi Vidal - 175
17. Luis Scola - 174
18. Bootsy Thornton - 173
19. Kaya Peker - 168
20. Mike Batiste - 167

Blocks:

1. Fran Vazquez - 181
2. Denis Marconato - 140
3. Aleksey Savrasenko - 130
4. Nikola Vujcic - 122
5. Marcus Goree - 120
6. Ioannis Bourousis - 113
7. D'or Fischer - 112
8. Gregor F u c k a - 106
9. Viktor Khryapa - 104
10. Benjamin Eze - 102
11. Erazem Lorbek - 101
12. Maceo Baston - 100
13. Darjus Lavrinovic - 100
14. Terence Morris - 98
15. Mirza Begic - 96
16. Boniface N'Dong - 96
17. Robertas Javtokas - 93
18. Tiago Splitter - 93
19. Dimitris Diamantidis - 91
20. Kaya Peker - 90

3 Pointers Made:

1. Gianluca Basile - 417
2. Juan Carlos Navarro - 398
3. Jaka Lakovic - 381
4. J.R. Holden - 377
5. Trajan Langdon - 339
6. Marcus Brown - 323
7. Sarunas Jasikevicius - 279
8. Igor Rakocevic - 277
9. Drew Nicholas - 276
10. Louis Bullock - 275
11. Mirza Teletovic - 263
12. Henry Domercant - 236
13. Ibrahim Kutluay - 228
14. David Blu - 225
15. Dimitris Diamantidis - 223
16. Pablo Prigioni - 223
17. Derrick Sharp - 219
18. Ramunas Siskauskas - 210
19. Antonio Granger - 204
20. Marko Popovic - 204

SourPatchKids
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM
http://belgacomspirou.sudinfo.be/sites/default/files/imagecache/widget_game_logo/teams/belgacom-spirou.png

Let's go Spirou!

SourPatchKids
11-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Brose got their first W. :applause:

http://cdn.euroleague.net/rs/40595/45d06ff8-6247-4820-b4fc-659a7cd7547c/3e8/filename/45d.jpg

Euroleague
11-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Like I said, Baskonia does not have a good team and teams like Rytas, Olimpijia, and Partizan are way too young to compete at Euroleague level.

If Cedevita can't win Adriatic League this year they are pathetic.

Fiba basketball
11-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Like I said, Baskonia does not have a good team and teams like Rytas, Olimpijia, and Partizan are way too young to compete at Euroleague level.

If Cedevita can't win Adriatic League this year they are pathetic.
Partizan will be a lot better by the end of this season and will win Adriatic league . Cedevita already lost two games and won by two points at home to Igokea ( they are playing great this season and are good enough to play Eurocup ) and Red Star .