PDA

View Full Version : Just took my new iPhone 5 to the gym....WOW!

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 08:05 PM
So I took my new iPhone to the gym and wow! What a difference the weight makes compared to my older one. The difference in weight is noticeable since I'm in my gym clothes.

Once again Apple wins on functionality. Yes, the new phone is bigger but it's not a monstrosity like most of these Droid phones.

One overlooked feature that I think sets off the phone......

Earphone jack on the bottom of the phone. That ish is amazing. Yes, something as simple as that makes changing tracks so much easier. When reaching for my pocket for the phone, it is no longer upside down where I would have to turn it the right side up to change tracks.

Now all I do is pull it out of my pocket and it's the right side up to change tracks on the screen. Brilliant.

I wouldn't expect Droid users to know anything about going to the gym and changing music. When your other arm is holding up weights.

Thank you Apple.:applause:

Functionality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Huge screen.

falc39
09-22-2012, 08:12 PM
lol, this coming from the guy who kept telling everyone "it's just a phone!" :oldlol:

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
lol, this coming from the guy who kept telling everyone "it's just a phone!" :oldlol:

It's just a phone till I finally owned the new one.

It's the HOTNESS.

I recommend people to purchase it. It's well worth it. Just that plug makes life a lot easier. I always hated using my phone as a music player and always brought a small mp3 player but by putting the plug on the bottom is genius.

falc39
09-22-2012, 08:21 PM

It's the HOTNESS.

I recommend people to purchase it. It's well worth it. Just that plug makes life a lot easier. I always hated using my phone as a music player and always brought a small mp3 player but by putting the plug on the bottom is genius.

The majority of us have no interest in shelling out $500+ for such minimal upgrades and stupid things like relocation of the headphone jack.

Also, if by shaving off fraction of ounces makes that much of a difference to you in the gym and when you carry it, you need to lift more weights brah. It's like those people who wear a shoe that is one ounce lighter thinks they are suddenly going to be a lot quicker and faster on the court :oldlol:

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 08:28 PM
The majority of us have no interest in shelling out $500+ for such minimal upgrades and stupid things like relocation of the headphone jack.

Did you not read the OP?

I just explained why something like changing the jack makes life very easy.

I expect other manufacturers to copy this relocation of the jack. Most people have their headphone cord stick up out of their pocket. So when they reach for the phone it's technically upside down.

By Apple doing this...bam!...FUNCTIONALITY is priceless.

EDIT: Yes, the weight is a difference especially when you are wearing loose mesh gym shorts/pants. It flings around in your pocket. It's not about lifting more weights.

redhonda76
09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Did you not read the OP?

I expect other manufacturers to copy this relocation of the jack. Most people have their headphone cord stick up out of their pocket. So when they reach for the phone it's technically upside down.

EDIT: Yes, the weight is a difference especially when you are wearing loose mesh gym shorts/pants. It flings around in your pocket. It's not about lifting more weights.

Android was first to introduce Cloud service and it's PC/MAC free and then Apple copied it and brand it iCloud. Steve Jobs often criticized Android for being too large and wanted the same foam factor for his devices. Guess what? iPhone 5 is now larger. Notifications came from Android and now it's on IOS 5. Android browsers has tabs before Safari got one.
Just to let you be aware that copying from one another is nothing new even for Apple.

talkingconch
09-22-2012, 08:45 PM
i honestly cant tell if this is a troll thread or if hes serious?

magictricked
09-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Android was first to introduce Cloud service and it's PC/MAC free and then Apple copied it and brand it iCloud. Steve Jobs often criticized Android for being too large and wanted the same foam factor for his devices. Guess what? iPhone 5 is now larger. Notifications came from Android and now it's on IOS 5. Android browsers has tabs before Safari got one.
Just to let you be aware that copying from one another is nothing new even for Apple.:lol This guy coming in to rain all over the OP's parade

As if all this is going to make the OP toss his phone in the trash and head out to by a droid phone

magictricked
09-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I think it's a troll thread for the most part but people going agro none the less. :lol

redhonda76
09-22-2012, 08:51 PM

OP's got EuroLeague personality.

redhonda76
09-22-2012, 09:01 PM
:lol This guy coming in to rain all over the OP's parade

As if all this is going to make the OP toss his phone in the trash and head out to by a droid phone

Just stating the facts, that's all.

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Why would't I be serious?

I actually spent the money and upgraded and love every penny spent.

All these guys can come here and say it sucks but they haven't even handled the phone.

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 09:09 PM
:lol This guy coming in to rain all over the OP's parade

It will stop raining as my parade will still continue till the next iPhone is out.

Loving this device.

:cheers:

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Just stating the facts, that's all.

You may be right...everyone copies everyone in terms of software because let's face it. There is so much you can do with software.

I'm talking about "form factor" and "functionality" where Apple dominates their competitors.

Again, watch as these companies start putting earphone jacks on the bottom.

Apple has a great OS system in it's phone but what separates them from the competitor is form factor and how the device in it's physical form functions.

Great product.

EDIT: To all Droid users....please stop being the hipsters of the phone community. Stop saying how your open source is that much greater when you don't know how to program anything -or- even customize a device.

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Also, the new A6 chip makes the phone fast as hell. It's like instantaneous shifts from apps to apps.

Safari is super fast now.

I'm not going to argue with the Droid drones anymore but for those that have the iPhone 4...the 5 is a huge upgrade in terms of it's speed.

It runs super fast and smooth. Doesn't lag at all.

Maga_1
09-22-2012, 09:29 PM
OP is Bladers.

Jameerthefear
09-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Why would't I be serious?

I actually spent the money and upgraded and love every penny spent.

All these guys can come here and say it sucks but they haven't even handled the phone.
No one thinks the iphone sucks. You just fit the stereotypical sheep apple fanboy. The new iphone 5 is cool, but get out of here with your ounces lighter functionality bullshit.

JohnnySic
09-22-2012, 09:43 PM
You show my a guy with a phone in the gym, and I'll show you a guy who doesn't take his workout seriously.

Note: for cardio, music is fine.

9erempiree
09-22-2012, 09:51 PM
You show my a guy with a phone in the gym, and I'll show you a guy who doesn't take his workout seriously.

Note: for cardio, music is fine.

Done deal.

I will try to take pictures at the gym and post them even though it's probably unethical to post their pictures on here but everyone has a mobile device that plays music.

You must not attend a gym.

Going by your logic...why is it ok for cardio but not for lifting?

andgar923
09-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Just to let you be aware that copying from one another is nothing new even for Apple.

Even tho I think this thread is useless (entertaining tho).

A correction of sorts (just stating the facts)….

Apple did NOT copy Android, Apple has had online services since the mid 90s in some fashion. But the closest thing to what it has become is with iTools.

I've had a .Mac (which later became Mobile Me, which later became iCloud) account for years.

Yeah, Steve criticized Droid phone's size, but they didn't copy their size now did they?

They didn't want to make a bigger phone because they didn't want to lose its usability. Also, in making a bigger phone it meant bigger battery. In making an LTE compatible phone meant a bigger phone for the antenna and battery along with other components.

What Apple did do, was make their phone longer which gave its users more landscape, while keeping the same width which made it usable for the general population. But the innovative part is, making it thinner and lighter.

Notifications did come from Droid, Droid offers more options I'll admit. And Google had tabs before, happy.

Umad101
09-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Where are th pics *******

GatorKid117
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110830035551/khfc/images/2/25/Costanza.jpg

redhonda76
09-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Apple did NOT copy Android, Apple has had online services since the mid 90s in some fashion. But the closest thing to what it has become is with iTools.

I've had a .Mac (which later became Mobile Me, which later became iCloud) account for years.

The cloud part of which Apple iPhone copied from Android's cloud service are the media files ( you can access anywhere ), backups, address books and photos. Whereas before, iPhone users had to use iTunes.

They didn't want to make a bigger phone because they didn't want to lose its usability. Also, in making a bigger phone it meant bigger battery. In making an LTE compatible phone meant a bigger phone for the antenna and battery along with other components.

Of course. That's why when iPhone 4 first came out, it didn't have LTE and other Android devices did.

I'm currently using iPhone 4. I've brought myself an iPhone and got my wife an Android because we were moving away from the flip phone era. I didn't my wife and myself to have the same device so we can experience the favor of both worlds. I was pretty surprised on how advanced was the Android OS was and it was a true multi-tasking device and not so dependent on iTunes. The only thing the iPhone was better is the Retina display. Of course now, iPhone had incorporate a lot of the Android's features. Dn't get me wrong, Apple makes great products and I'm not a Apple hater, but these Apple fanboys thinks Apple are the creators of everything and anything that is non-Apple sucks.

BTW, Once my contract is over, I will move way from iPhone and might be switching to an Android or maybe try out the Windows 8 Phone.

imdaman99
09-22-2012, 11:02 PM
lol this guy sounds like a total d-bag

ihatetimthomas
09-22-2012, 11:10 PM

Also, if by shaving off fraction of ounces makes that much of a difference to you in the gym and when you carry it, you need to lift more weights brah. It's like those people who wear a shoe that is one ounce lighter thinks they are suddenly going to be a lot quicker and faster on the court :oldlol:

Why do so many people just hate on people who like their apple products? Its like its become cool to bash apple. I have the 4, and I have seen the 5 and it really is noticeably lighter. lol, it has nothing to do with being weak or something. What kind of dumb insult is that lol? A lighter phone = more convenient. If you are wearing gym shorts, yeah a couple of ounces is going to feel different. I just dont get you guys who try to bash a guy who likes his apple phone, esp with the crap arguments you are saying. I likely will purchase since my contract is up.

Amare4lyfe
09-22-2012, 11:11 PM
lol this guy sounds like a total d-bag

Yeah. Don't you hate these typical arrogant Apple fan boys.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2012, 11:13 PM
A headphone jack in a different place makes life very easy?

How do people turn into phone cheerleaders like this?

Why do so many people just hate on people who like their apple products?

I dont need to see multiple topics made by any one person gushing over a phone...and the over the top childlike obnoxiousness?

You would think dude went from a 2001 Nextel to an Iphone.

These phones have been pretty much the same thing for years.

Apple...andriod...whatever. they are 98% the same thing. Do the same things. Run the same apps. Make the same calls...text. Have browsers that do pretty much the same thing.

Its to the point people pretend a gotdamn headphone jack changes their life?

At this point id vote for a law that would make everyone have the same phone just to not come across this garbage here and offline.

Its like when kids used to make a big deal out of the new Jordans.

Its a big deal because people are followers and decided to make it a status symbol.

I could pick any of like 30 phones out of a box blindfolded and get the exact same shit done.

NBA4EVER
09-22-2012, 11:36 PM
How many women did you pick up at the gym with this new phone?

falc39
09-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Why do so many people just hate on people who like their apple products? Its like its become cool to bash apple. I have the 4, and I have seen the 5 and it really is noticeably lighter. lol, it has nothing to do with being weak or something. What kind of dumb insult is that lol? A lighter phone = more convenient. If you are wearing gym shorts, yeah a couple of ounces is going to feel different. I just dont get you guys who try to bash a guy who likes his apple phone, esp with the crap arguments you are saying. I likely will purchase since my contract is up.

Like already mentioned, it's not like we are saying it's a bad phone, but blaring all over the forum about how great the iphone is like it's the best thing since sliced bread is an easy way to invite criticism. I'm happy with my phone, but you don't see me going everywhere and spamming how great it is. In addition, OP exaggerates and makes a bunch of criticism about the Android phones that a lot of Android users don't even experience. It's cool tho, everyone knows he's a troll by now and just trying to incite a fanboy war.

It's fine by me if you want to shell out money for that stuff, but I personally would rather spend $500+ on a lot of other things before I upgrade my phone again...

andgar923
09-23-2012, 12:09 AM
The cloud part of which Apple iPhone copied from Android's cloud service are the media files ( you can access anywhere ), backups, address books and photos. Whereas before, iPhone users had to use iTunes.

Of course. That's why when iPhone 4 first came out, it didn't have LTE and other Android devices did.

I'm currently using iPhone 4. I've brought myself an iPhone and got my wife an Android because we were moving away from the flip phone era. I didn't my wife and myself to have the same device so we can experience the favor of both worlds. I was pretty surprised on how advanced was the Android OS was and it was a true multi-tasking device and not so dependent on iTunes. The only thing the iPhone was better is the Retina display. Of course now, iPhone had incorporate a lot of the Android's features. Dn't get me wrong, Apple makes great products and I'm not a Apple hater, but these Apple fanboys thinks Apple are the creators of everything and anything that is non-Apple sucks.

BTW, Once my contract is over, I will move way from iPhone and might be switching to an Android or maybe try out the Windows 8 Phone.

Apple (and others) have had this vision way before Google came along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE3Ta_NK4-I&feature=fvwrel

Like I said before, I've been able to sync my bookmarks, files, calendar, contacts, etc.etc. since .Mac and it's been available to some degree way before. They didn't copy the idea from Google, they just needed to implement it in a way that made sense for Apple.

The same can be said about an array of features, it isn't that Apple copied other products (necessarily), it's just them figuring it how they can best implement them in a way that makes sense to them.

Yes LTE was available before the iPhone even came out (or 4G whatever you wanna call it) but it wasn't in Apple's best interest to implement it. Just like it wasn't in their best interest to implement front facing cameras until later on.

ihoopallday
09-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Didn't you take your phone to the club to show it off? How'd that turn out.

Meticode
09-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Original poster needs to get ****ed and real soon or else his iPhone is going to get it up the ass.

9erempiree
09-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Well....to be fair to myself and others out there, this is a new product. It's not that I am bragging.

Consider it more like a review of the product. I know people are all 'jelly' because I am going to start making threads on a daily basis of this phone. Think of it as a hands-on review of how this phone compares and how it has made my life easier in a way.

Stay tuned for further reviews.....

P.S. I decided not to bust out my phone at the club because I didn't want any drunks asking to see it or have any women drop it because women somehow get nervous with my presence. They start acting like little school girls with crushes.

Meticode
09-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Well....to be fair to myself and others out there, this is a new product. It's not that I am bragging.

Consider it more like a review of the product. I know people are all 'jelly' because I am going to start making threads on a daily basis of this phone. Think of it as a hands-on review of how this phone compares and how it has made my life easier in a way.

Stay tuned for further reviews.....

P.S. I decided not to bust out my phone at the club because I didn't want any drunks asking to see it or have any women drop it because women somehow get nervous with my presence. They start acting like little school girls with crushes.
If this is 100% legit you posting and real feelings about a phone, I'm worried about you. I'm honestly worried about you and society. It's a god damn phone. You're posting on ISH like a little boy who just got his limited edition Game Gear.

9erempiree
09-23-2012, 01:05 AM
If this is 100% legit you posting and real feelings about a phone, I'm worried about you. I'm honestly worried about you and society. It's a god damn phone. You're posting on ISH like a little boy who just got his limited edition Game Gear.

Prime example of someone that is hating on me when I am trying to help.

There was a debate about this phone and there was a thread about it with critics and fans.

Since I am one of the first to get it...had one saved for me and walked in like a boss and picked it up...just to give Inside Hoops members a real life account and real world review about the phone. So chill.

I'm like CNET or any mobile device review website....it just happens that I amd doing it on the very message board I post on.

ballinhun8
09-23-2012, 11:01 AM
So I guess its time to figure out who's rural account OP is??

dunksby
09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
http://main.makeuseoflimited.netdna-cdn.com/tech-fun/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/applestore.gif

Meticode
09-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Prime example of someone that is hating on me when I am trying to help.

There was a debate about this phone and there was a thread about it with critics and fans.

Since I am one of the first to get it...had one saved for me and walked in like a boss and picked it up...just to give Inside Hoops members a real life account and real world review about the phone. So chill.

I'm like CNET or any mobile device review website....it just happens that I amd doing it on the very message board I post on.
You're not trying to help though. That's the problem. You're misinforming people about Android and Android phones out the woo-haa.

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing with making a thread and posting your opinion in it, but when you basically state something is fact when you're mis-informing people it's pretty ill-mannered.

redhonda76
09-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't expect Droid users to know anything about going to the gym and changing music. When your other arm is holding up weights.

I expect other manufacturers to copy this relocation of the jack.

This is where you went wrong. Your arrogance with these statements is a typical Apple fanboy behavior. There is nothing wrong to say you had a great experience with your new iPhone. But when you start saying Android users don't know any better and it's a chick magnet, be prepared to be flamed.

Meticode
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
This is where you went wrong. Your arrogance with these statements is a typical Apple fanboy behavior. There is nothing wrong to say you had a great experience with your new iPhone. But when you start saying Android users don't know any better and it's a chick magnet, be prepared to be flamed.
But, he's "trying to help". :oldlol:

sunsfan1357
09-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Once at the gym I was on the treadmill and put my phone in the little cupholder thing most treadmills have. I put it right on my towel that I had in there too. Forgetting I had my phone there, I ripped the towel out to wipe some sweat off my forehead, my phone fell onto the treadmill track as I was running and flew a few feet behind me.

I kept running like nothing happened.

B-Low
09-23-2012, 01:37 PM
http://main.makeuseoflimited.netdna-cdn.com/tech-fun/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/applestore.gif

:oldlol:

Meticode
09-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Once at the gym I was on the treadmill and put my phone in the little cupholder thing most treadmills have. I put it right on my towel that I had in there too. Forgetting I had my phone there, I ripped the towel out to wipe some sweat off my forehead, my phone fell onto the treadmill track as I was running and flew a few feet behind me.

I kept running like nothing happened.

kNIOKAS
09-23-2012, 01:43 PM

It's the HOTNESS.

Did you not read the OP?

Reading this, other plugs and other phones makes your life not easy, or what?

What a human garbage you are.

Meticode
09-23-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/09/422593-415605305154027-215359225-n.jpg
That's so mean.

SuperPippen
09-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm beginning to think that TheLogo's jaw-dropping levels of imbecility are possibly due to some sort of medical condition.

Did your mother ingest a little too much alcohol while you were in the womb, OP?

Batz
09-23-2012, 03:15 PM
That's so mean.
Yet so appropriate.

nathanjizzle
09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
a droid user would most likely already be matured fitness wise in the gym and goes to maintain it, while your running 1 mile on the treadmill with your colorful pumas trying to look good for other people.

rezznor
09-23-2012, 09:42 PM
So I took my new iPhone to the gym and wow! What a difference the weight makes compared to my older one. The difference in weight is noticeable since I'm in my gym clothes.

Once again Apple wins on functionality. Yes, the new phone is bigger but it's not a monstrosity like most of these Droid phones.

Earphone jack on the bottom of the phone. That ish is amazing. Yes, something as simple as that makes changing tracks so much easier. When reaching for my pocket for the phone, it is no longer upside down where I would have to turn it the right side up to change tracks.
Now all I do is pull it out of my pocket and it's the right side up to change tracks on the screen. Brilliant.

OP at :05

http://youtu.be/bJafiCKliA8?t=5s

rezznor
09-23-2012, 09:45 PM

Like I said before, I've been able to sync my bookmarks, files, calendar, contacts, etc.etc. since .Mac and it's been available to some degree way before. They didn't copy the idea from Google, they just needed to implement it in a way that made sense for Apple.

The same can be said about an array of features, it isn't that Apple copied other products (necessarily), it's just them figuring it how they can best implement them in a way that makes sense to them.

Yes LTE was available before the iPhone even came out (or 4G whatever you wanna call it) but it wasn't in Apple's best interest to implement it. Just like it wasn't in their best interest to implement front facing cameras until later on.

their best interest being they need to hold back features so they have upgrades to sell to sheep the following year.

SevereUpInHere
09-23-2012, 10:17 PM
their best interest being they need to hold back features so they have upgrades to sell to sheep the following year.

True that, what a ridiculous thing to suggest.

Balla_Status
09-23-2012, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Even tho I think this thread is useless (entertaining tho).

A correction of sorts (just stating the facts)

Balla_Status
09-23-2012, 11:02 PM
It's funny seeing Apple fans telling people "they're hating" when Apple came out with all those Mac vs. PC commercials a couple years back.

andgar923
09-23-2012, 11:39 PM

Even if that was the sole reason.

Is there a problem with companies (in general) trying to make money?

I mean, that's what companies are for correct?

andgar923
09-23-2012, 11:43 PM
That's an insult to actual, real life impact, innovations.

Ok

andgar923
09-23-2012, 11:47 PM
It's funny seeing Apple fans telling people "they're hating" when Apple came out with all those Mac vs. PC commercials a couple years back.

They were different.

The Apple ads weren't hating on Windows and they certainly weren't ridiculing the users. What they were doing was displaying what the differences of each system were.

"Hi

Amare4lyfe
09-23-2012, 11:47 PM
OP at :05

http://youtu.be/bJafiCKliA8?t=5s

:lol So true. There is really nothing innovative on the iPhone 5.

RedBlackAttack
09-24-2012, 12:00 AM
They were different.

The Apple ads weren't hating on Windows and they certainly weren't ridiculing the users. What they were doing was displaying what the differences of each system were.

"Hi… I'm a Mac!" "and I'm a PC"

Those are COMPUTERS that they're representing, not PEOPLE.

These new ads by Samsung look like they're jealous, and they're directly attacking iPhone users.
Wow. Do you remember the commercials? It was more about the people than the computers.

PC guy was an overweight, badly dressed dork and Mac guy was a "cool" hipster know-it-all. While the Mac guy actually came off like a tremendous douche, they were absolutely making fun of PC people and attempting to make Mac people look cool.

Revisionist history here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5z0Ia5jDt4

andgar923
09-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Wow. Do you remember the commercials? It was more about the people than the computers.

PC guy was an overweight, badly dressed dork and Mac guy was a "cool" hipster know-it-all. While the Mac guy actually came off like a tremendous douche, they were absolutely making fun of PC people and attempting to make Mac people look cool.

Revisionist history here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5z0Ia5jDt4

Again.

The PC guy represents A COMPUTER not a person/user.

"Hi I'm a MAC" and "I'm a PC"

If you think the Mac is the douche you really need to go back and watch again.

NuggetsFan
09-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I've owned both an Android and an Iphone, both the early models like the first Galaxy and the Iphone 3. I honestly couldn't even tell the difference . I don't use my phone like a computer tho, so basically text\talk\random apps. If somebody gave me a choice between the two I'd probably go with the cheaper one, or maybe the Iphone since I like the look better. I'm tough on phones and both screens cracked too, so durability wasn't even that much different.

No clue why people who like Apple and people who like Android fight about it. If one is better, it's not like it's THAT much better. Nowhere near to the point where you have to pick a side :lol

RedBlackAttack
09-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Again.

The PC guy represents A COMPUTER not a person/user.

Again, I understand the surface premise of the commercials. If you don't think there is an underlying "cool people buy Macs, dorks buy PCs" going on in those commercials, you are either blind or full of sh!t.

And, yes... The Mac guy was/is a massive douche.

andgar923
09-24-2012, 12:21 AM
are you really trying to say that in those pc vs mac apple ads, that Apple had no intention of creating any form of metaphor in which the two guys represented pc/mac users?.... cmon now

They clearly state "Hi I'm a Mac

Meticode
09-24-2012, 12:21 AM
andgar is so naive or ignorant on this subject.

andgar923
09-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Again, I understand the surface premise of the commercials. If you don't think there is an underlying "cool people buy Macs, dorks buy PCs" going on in those commercials, you are either blind or full of sh!t.

And, yes... The Mac guy was/is a massive douche.

How the hell is that dude even "cool"?

:roll:

Seems like a f*ckin regular dude.

If there's any underlying premise is that PCs are old, Macs are new. And even if the underlying message you're claiming is true, it's still different than what Samsung is doing (not that I give a shit). They are DIRECTLY ridiculing iPhone users, which is kinda dumb in a way. Kinda reminds me of political ads attacking Obama for being a 'celebrity' and 'cool'

RedBlackAttack
09-24-2012, 12:30 AM
not that I give a shit
You clearly do give a sh!t... A really stinky, smelly, runny sh!t.

And, you seem to be the only person on the planet that didn't see what Mac was doing with those commercials... So, I'll leave you to believe what you like.

andgar923
09-24-2012, 12:32 AM
You clearly do give a sh!t... A really stinky, smelly, runny sh!t.

And, you seem to be the only person on the planet that didn't see what Mac was doing with those commercials... So, I'll leave you to believe what you like.
:roll: :roll:

johndeeregreen
09-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Wow andgar is out of control right now.

rezznor
09-24-2012, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]They clearly state "Hi I'm a Mac

MetsPackers
09-24-2012, 12:41 AM
#firstworldproblems

ballinhun8
09-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Holy crap i can't believe this dude andgar. The ignorance and being so oblivious to the fsct. Just admit it dude. It was the same thing Apple did a few yesrs ago. But since it was Apple you have to tryto defend them and say it was two different types of commercials.

andgar923
09-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Just saw this thought I'd post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RgE5Vh5lw&feature=related

I wanna get this game solely based on this dude's video. Best review ever!

Jello
09-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Shaving mm and a few ounces is innovation.:lol

vapid
09-24-2012, 01:31 AM
This thread is delivering. Keep it up.

Patrick Chewing
09-24-2012, 01:32 AM

meh all weak arguments

MetsPackers
09-24-2012, 01:33 AM
wow just got back on the computer and read the thread and all I have to say is this andgar guy is really ignorant. That was clearly the entire purpose of the commercial you fanboy. Another hint - that's why everyone who responded to you called you an idiot

Droid101
09-24-2012, 01:35 AM
So, three weeks ago this fool would have said:

"3.5" screen is far superior to those 4" and bigger screens! Functionality beats screen size!!!!!"

Now:

"4" screen rocks!"

This is the exact person people make fun of for being an Apple sheep. He's worse than Andgar.

andgar923
09-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Just saw this thought I'd post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RgE5Vh5lw&feature=related

I wanna get this game solely based on this dude's video. Best review ever!

F*CK THIS GAME!!!!

I can't even last 6 seconds :banghead: , yet this f*cker does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dHIOtXTMJ8

:wtf:

Meticode
09-24-2012, 01:44 AM
:roll: LMAO, the dudes reaction is hilarious.

TheMan
09-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Some people care too much about phones:facepalm

ripthekik
09-24-2012, 05:07 AM
android phones >>>> iphone

they might all have the same function and apps, and a bunch of games, but one place android >>>> is the ability to customize your screens.

who wants a phone full of icons? seriously? that's attractive to you? that you can't even see your wallpaper fully? that's ugly man.

android? customize your own 5 page screen with widgets that makes things a lot faster and easier to access, and more personal as well.

my 5 pages:
1. homescreen- simple and clean with only 1 clock/weather widget and a toggle for -wifi, bluetooth, rotate screen, mute/unmute etc

2. multimedia-videos, ebooks, comics, tv apps

3. online - widgets for my email and facebook so i can see them off the screen, newspaper apps and skype, google maps (YOU DONT HAVE THIS ANYMORE)

4. gaming- screen full of games

5. productivity- file explorer, dictionary, note taking app, calendar, things to do, etc

this android device feels a lot more personal and customizeable than what iphone gives you. i dont even have to go into my app drawer, i reach what i want in seconds, and see the information i need right away.

MetsPackers
09-24-2012, 05:39 AM
OP ****s dudes

plowking
09-24-2012, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]They are DIRECTLY ridiculing iPhone users, which is kinda dumb in a way. Kinda reminds me of political ads attacking Obama for being a 'celebrity' and 'cool'

nathanjizzle
09-24-2012, 09:01 AM
angar stop letting your biased opinions cloud your vision. those apple commercials were made to make apple look better then windows. the actor representing windows was over weight, nerdy, and had no comebacks. the actor representing apple is a very known popular actor, fit, dressed stylish, and had comebacks and insults for days. if you claim that just because they said "hi im mac, im pc" meaning they only represent computers and not there human representation then you are one fucin idiot that will always sell shoes at macys.

magictricked
09-24-2012, 09:05 AM
I've owned both an Android and an Iphone, both the early models like the first Galaxy and the Iphone 3. I honestly couldn't even tell the difference . I don't use my phone like a computer tho, so basically text\talk\random apps. If somebody gave me a choice between the two I'd probably go with the cheaper one, or maybe the Iphone since I like the look better. I'm tough on phones and both screens cracked too, so durability wasn't even that much different.

No clue why people who like Apple and people who like Android fight about it. If one is better, it's not like it's THAT much better. Nowhere near to the point where you have to pick a side :lolWell said.

redhonda76
09-24-2012, 09:43 AM

Wow, I've just got back and this thread is still going. Best interest means it's for the next model and slow to implement.

It's really nothing innovative at all besides removing Google maps, Youtubes and others ... and trying to be like Microsoft-like in terms of monopoly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BMsLArefSOw

rezznor
09-24-2012, 11:33 AM
http://thewisecracker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Funny-cartoon-photo-Superheros-Apple-no-flash.jpg

this gave me a chuckle ( even though JB stops supporting flash as well)

dunksby
09-24-2012, 11:49 AM
http://thewisecracker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Funny-cartoon-photo-Superheros-Apple-no-flash.jpg

this gave me a chuckle ( even though JB stops supporting flash as well)
Adobe dropped their mobile service on their own accord.

rezznor
09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1803lelqrhtkzjpg/original.jpg

SCREWstonRockets
09-24-2012, 12:01 PM
It's about time they made a bigger screen. Seriously, the last one was outdated.

DCL
09-24-2012, 12:27 PM
how does the battery usage compare to the 4S?

about the same, or weaker/better?

magictricked
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
how does the battery usage compare to the 4S?

about the same, or weaker/better?
Supposedly better.

I installed IOS6 on my phone last week and I can say whatever they have done for battery management is a little better. not leaps and bounds or anything, shutting off wifi when you're out and about still seems to be the best way to increase battery life but it is noticeably better than before.

The place i noticed it the most is on my kids ipod touch. Added at least 12 hours time between charges. So if there's an increase on products other than the 5 I imagine there will be an increase on a product made to take full advantage of the IOS6