PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin will be the best player in the NBA in 5 years.

noosaman
09-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I love how I get negged for making this statement.

Griffin is a cerebral guy, great work ethic, and knows what he needs to do to achieve greatness.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
LeBron, D12, Durant and CP3 will all be scrubs in 5 years is what you're saying, eh? Because Flake will never reach the current levels of any of those 4 guys.

#number6ix#
09-23-2012, 09:42 PM
He better get a reliable jumper bcuz in 5 years those hops are gonna begin to fade

Al Thornton
09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
we'll definitely know after the upcoming season ends.

SpecialQue
09-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Lies, lies, inside and out, all LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe it can happen. :confusedshrug:

noosaman
09-23-2012, 09:46 PM
LeBron, D12, Durant and CP3 will all be scrubs in 5 years is what you're saying, eh? Because Flake will never reach the current levels of any of those 4 guys.

Durant and paul are massively overrated. Griffin will improve his game (he's been in the NBA for only 2 years!) and become better than lebron (who won't be very good in his 30s) and Howard.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Durant and paul are massively overrated. Griffin will improve his game (he's been in the NBA for only 2 years!) and become better than lebron (who won't be very good in his 30s) and Howard.
Chris Paul is underrated if anything, considering some people are dumb enough to think there are PG's equal or better than him. Durant is rated fine generally, although I'd have D12 over him. You have no idea how LBJ will be in 5 years, and he actually has skills unlike Flake. Flake completely relies on athleticism, Bron has a great IQ, passing skills, and is still working on his post game. Bron may not be a great shooter, but he's Reggie Miller compared to Flake. And I like how you couldn't even think of a reason for D12:lol

Legends66NBA7
09-23-2012, 09:51 PM
He might certify himself as the best PF by then, but I don't know about player.

noosaman
09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Chris Paul is underrated if anything, considering some people are dumb enough to think there are PG's equal or better than him. Durant is rated fine generally, although I'd have D12 over him. You have no idea how LBJ will be in 5 years, and he actually has skills unlike Flake. Flake completely relies on athleticism, Bron has a great IQ, passing skills, and is still working on his post game. Bron may not be a great shooter, but he's Reggie Miller compared to Flake. And I like how you couldn't even think of a reason for D12:lol

Chris Paul, for all his hype, has won a grand total of 2 playoffs series and couldn't even win a single game off of an overrated Spurs team last postseason.

What skills does Lebron have? Shooting, post game? LOL.

I can't think of anyone with more pressure and hate after playing only one full season and an abbreviated season than Griffin.

lilgodfather1
09-23-2012, 09:53 PM
In 5 years won't Durant be in his prime?

The NBA where players don't enter the league every year with the potential to be all time greats according to the OP...

In two years Parker might come in and throw up a 20/12/6 season. In four years maybe the next LeBron is drafted. We have no way of knowing.

I do know one thing though Blake Griffins they come they go. Good player, but not great.

Legends66NBA7
09-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Chris Paul is underrated if anything, considering some people are dumb enough to think there are PG's equal or better than him.

You can't be underrated if your considered a Top 3-5 player and the best PG.

And yes, there are PG's I think that are equal or better, at least come playoff time. Doesn't mean I'm underrating Paul's ability whatsoever or dumb for thinking that at all.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Chris Paul, for all his hype, has won a grand total of 2 playoffs series and couldn't even win a single game off of an overrated Spurs team last postseason.

What skills does Lebron have? Shooting, post game? LOL.

I can't think of anyone with more pressure and hate after playing only one full season and an abbreviated season than Griffin.
Chris Paul plays 1 on 5? :confusedshrug: It's a team game, genius.

LeBron has plenty of skills, maybe if you watched him play you'd see them.:confusedshrug:

Flake doesn't have any pressure, da fuq.:biggums:

RRR3
09-23-2012, 09:56 PM
You can't be underrated if your considered a Top 3-5 player.

And yes, there are PG's I think that are equal or better, at least come playoff time. Doesn't mean I'm underrating Paul's ability whatsoever or dumb for thinking that at all.
CP3 is great in the playoffs, he got hurt this year. If Rose was healthy it'd be closer, but he's not. Westbrook is probably 2nd but he plays out of control too much. Rondo is massively overrated, as is Tony Parker. Not impressed by either of them the way a lot of people were this past season. Deron Williams doesn't have CP3's impact or efficiency.

Legends66NBA7
09-23-2012, 09:59 PM

What pressure ? Dude is considered a Top PF in the game and being catered by the best PG.

Griffin will be fine and he has media behind him. Don't confuse ISH with the entire majority of fans. I actually do think Blake will continue to improve as a player, including his defense.

It's A VC3!!!
09-23-2012, 10:00 PM
You can't be underrated if your considered a Top 3-5 player and the best PG.

My money is on Kyrie Irving. I could easily see 27+/5/6 in several years from him. As well as leading the cavs deep into the playoffs. They will get a lottery pick next year and find a stud to surround their young core. Obviously all of this is just hypothetical but only because I like his game.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 10:01 PM
My money is on Kyrie Irving. I could easily see 27+/5/6 in several years from him. As well as leading the cavs deep into the playoffs. They will get a lottery pick next year and find a stud to surround their young core. Obviously all of this is just hypothetical but only because I like his game.
:coleman: So he's going to put up Kobe/Wade stats. :hammerhead:

BTW OP, I thought you thought KLove was the best PF anyways?:confusedshrug: Already getting ready to move on from Dirk too I see

Legends66NBA7
09-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Westbrook is probably 2nd but he plays out of control too much. Rondo is massively overrated, as is Tony Parker. Not impressed by either of them the way a lot of people were this past season.

Brook and Rondo more or less had similar playoff runs. I don't see really how Rondo is overrated when him and Westbrook are very similar players and similar playoff runs.

Parker has been good for a while, but I never considered him the best PG. If anything, yes, Williams is overrated. Nash, while I don't think is on Paul's level, is a Top 5 PG.

For me it's:

1. Paul
2. Rondo
3. Westbrook
4. Nash
5. Parker

Rondo and Westbrook would be the ones I considered closest to Paul. I think Rondo will breakout and be better on offense this year. Westbrook and Paul were lot closer in the RS last year than most would give credit for.

It's A VC3!!!
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM
:coleman: So he's going to put up Kobe/Wade stats. :hammerhead:

BTW OP, I thought you thought KLove was the best PF anyways?:confusedshrug: Already getting ready to move on from Dirk too I see
His rebounding and assist numbers are already at 5 and 5. He just needs to score several more buckets a game. It's just my projection. But Kyrie will be an MVP candidate in due time.
And I never said KLove was the best PF lol. But I'm a dirk fan and he didn't look so good last year. Obviously his window is closing but I wouldn't compare him to love because their games are so different. Love has a nice shooters touch but dirk is on another level. Dirks a good rebounder but love is better, much better.

Legends66NBA7
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM

Not sure if he puts a hypothetical 25-5-5 numbers (would love to see it happen though)... you think he's going to be a combo guard ? I like his game too, very good clutch player too.

Hope Cavs vs Raptors happen to meet up in future playoff rounds, would be great.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Brook and Rondo more or less had similar playoff runs. I don't see really how Rondo is overrated when him and Westbrook are very similar players and similar playoff runs.

Parker has been good for a while, but I never considered him the best PG. If anything, yes, Williams is overrated. Nash, while I don't think is on Paul's level, is a Top 5 PG.

For me it's:

1. Paul
2. Rondo
3. Westbrook
4. Nash
5. Parker

Rondo and Westbrook would be the ones I considered closest to Paul. I think Rondo will breakout and be better on offense this year. Westbrook and Paul were lot closer in the RS last year than most would give credit for.
I'd still take D-Will over Nash, though. Especially if he's motivated. Nash's age is the only reason, though. People have been waiting for Rondo to "break out offensively" for years, and he never does. And his FT's seem to be getting worse (although he did okay in the playoffs on FT's surprisingly). Honestly, though, people need to stop giving him so much space it's not like he never makes a jumpers and everyone can get hot, so look what happens like in game 2 against Miami. He's a bad shooter, but I think it's stupid to give him that much room, considering he is capable of hitting jumpers. Whoa I went off topic a bit, but I had to say that lol.

PS: Furthermore, although Rondo did score well in the playoffs, I thought it may have come at the expense of his defense a bit, IIRC Jeff Teague, Jrue Holiday and Mario Chalmers all fared pretty well against him offensively.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 10:13 PM
His rebounding and assist numbers are already at 5 and 5. He just needs to score several more buckets a game. It's just my projection. But Kyrie will be an MVP candidate in due time.
And I never said KLove was the best PF lol. But I'm a dirk fan and he didn't look so good last year. Obviously his window is closing but I wouldn't compare him to love because their games are so different. Love has a nice shooters touch but dirk is on another level. Dirks a good rebounder but love is better, much better.

the second part was to the OP, sorry about that lol.

Here's the thing, though....

IN NBA history, these are the ONLY players to put up at least 27/5/6:

Rick Barry (once)
Larry Bird (3 times)
Kobe Bryant (once)
Richie Guerin (once)
John Havlicek (twice)
LeBron James (7 times)
Michael Jordan (3 times)
Oscar Robertson (8 times)
Dwyane Wade (twice)
Jerry West (twice)

That's EXTREMELY exclusive company. Only ten players ever!

jbot
09-23-2012, 10:15 PM
just put this in the "dumbest thing posted" thread.

noosaman
09-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Chris Paul plays 1 on 5? :confusedshrug: It's a team game, genius.

LeBron has plenty of skills, maybe if you watched him play you'd see them.:confusedshrug:

Flake doesn't have any pressure, da fuq.:biggums:

Clippers are the deepest team in the league. Zero excuses for being swept by the Spurs

Al Thornton
09-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Clippers are the deepest team in the league. Zero excuses for being swept by the Spurs

you can make that argument with the team they have now, but they were far from that in those playoffs

RRR3
09-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Clippers certainly weren't the deepest team in the league last season, and I'm not sure they are now either. Regardless, CP3 was hurt as was Blake, and Chauncey was out for the season. Spurs were a much better team, no one expected Clippers to win. There was one game they were up 33-11 IIRC that they should have won, but losing to the Spurs isn't a black mark on CP3's record. Who did they have outside of Blake and CP3? A bunch of role players and over the hill guys.

noosaman
09-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Clippers certainly weren't the deepest team in the league last season, and I'm not sure they are now either. Regardless, CP3 was hurt as was Blake, and Chauncey was out for the season. Spurs were a much better team, no one expected Clippers to win. There was one game they were up 33-11 IIRC that they should have won, but losing to the Spurs isn't a black mark on CP3's record. Who did they have outside of Blake and CP3? A bunch of role players and over the hill guys.

Wait what? Caron Butler, Mo Williams, Kenyon Martin, among others like Randy Foye, Nick Young and Bledsoe who are solid game changers--thats easily a championship caliber team and one certainly with more talent than the Mavs that won it all.

RRR3
09-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Wait what? Caron Butler, Mo Williams, Kenyon Martin, among others like Randy Foye, Nick Young and Bledsoe who are solid game changers--thats easily a championship caliber team and one certainly with more talent than the Mavs that won it all.
Caron Butler isn't what he was although I admire his willingness to play through pain. His role on the Clippers is different than he's used to, in his defense. Randy Foye is a nice backup guard, but he was their starting SG last year and he's not exactly a stud in that role. Nick Young is great when he's hot but he does literally nothing but score and makes a lot of bonehead plays. Kenyon Martin is a role player at this point, and Mo Williams is meh. Bledsoe has some potential, but he's still pretty raw. I never said the Clippers sucked last year, but they wouldn't make the playoffs w/o CP3.

noosaman
09-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Caron Butler isn't what he was although I admire his willingness to play through pain. His role on the Clippers is different than he's used to, in his defense. Randy Foye is a nice backup guard, but he was their starting SG last year and he's not exactly a stud in that role. Nick Young is great when he's hot but he does literally nothing but score and makes a lot of bonehead plays. Kenyon Martin is a role player at this point, and Mo Williams is meh. Bledsoe has some potential, but he's still pretty raw. I never said the Clippers sucked last year, but they wouldn't make the playoffs w/o CP3.

That team would have easily made the playoffs if you switched Chris Paul with, say, Goran Dragic. And Mo Williams is still a an excellent player and will show it this season in Utah.

It's A VC3!!!
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
the second part was to the OP, sorry about that lol.

Here's the thing, though....

That's EXTREMELY exclusive company. Only ten players ever!

Had to unfortunately erase the list but even if Kyrie doesnt reach my prediction I still have the respect for him that his numbers will spell dominance. That list makes me realize truly how special LeBron is and how vince Carter could have qualified in two separate seasons if his assist numbers were higher.

Al Thornton
09-23-2012, 10:33 PM
That team would have easily made the playoffs if you switched Chris Paul with, say, Goran Dragic. And Mo Williams is still a an excellent player and will show it this season in Utah.

lol no they wouldn't have, it would be a struggle and they would be 8th.

It's A VC3!!!
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Not sure if he puts a hypothetical 25-5-5 numbers (would love to see it happen though)... you think he's going to be a combo guard ? I like his game too, very good clutch player too.

Hope Cavs vs Raptors happen to meet up in future playoff rounds, would be great.
What Kyrie really needs to flourish is another great player beside him. It would be unfortunate for many NBA fans if Dan can't find Kyrie a star to be teammates with.
Why would you want to see cavs and raptors though?

SpecialQue
09-23-2012, 10:38 PM
He'll be top 5. Lots of competition for that top spot.

Legends66NBA7
09-23-2012, 10:45 PM
What Kyrie really needs to flourish is another great player beside him. It would be unfortunate for many NBA fans if Dan can't find Kyrie a star to be teammates with.

Yeah, let's not have the "The Decision Part 2".

Why would you want to see cavs and raptors though?

Well, first off I'm a Raptors fan, just incase your wondering where the Raptors were brought up.

It might not appeal to most fans, I suppose, but for me I see it like this. Two franchises who lost their franchise player are now trying to rebuild on young talent to rise a top the NBA elites. I sense a rivalry of sorts brewing, as I also have enjoyed Cavs vs Raptors regular season games in the past.

It just seems that one of these two franchises, who are on the rebound, will look to emerge as a contender for the future. So I just want to see them in the playoffs. I would also like to see Raptors vs Nets or Raptors vs Wizards or Raptors vs Sixers (in that order), if we don't get the Cavs.

EllEffEll
09-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I am a Blake fan, and have seen him play in person about 10 times, including the game vs. the Knicks when the term "Mozgov'd" was created when Blake scored over 40 points.

But, I am not seeing how it can be assumed that he will develop skills he does not yet possess. His mid to long range shooting is inconsistent at best, and until it gets better, defenders can play him looser on the perimeter, which limits his potential. He's also not the most gifted dribbler, and his own defense is average at best.

If the 'best player' was defined purely by attacking the rim, especially on the fast break, then he is among the top players in the league already, but most don't see it that way.

Still, Blake and LeBron are two of the most exciting players to watch in the league and that puts a ton of asses in the seats.

And RRR3, your comment about Blake relying on athleticism (compared to Le Bron) made me chuckle. If Le Bron had only average NBA athleticism, his impact/value would diminish greatly to put it mildly. His hallmark trait IS athleticism since he is one of the (if not THE) most all-around athletic players to ever play the game.

It's A VC3!!!
09-23-2012, 10:53 PM
I would also like to see Raptors vs Nets or Raptors vs Wizards or Raptors vs Sixers (in that order), if we don't get the Cavs.
raptors vs nets is possible but far fetched. The raptors will likely be an 8th seed. 7th seed is everything goes better then expected. The nets would need to get a first or second see to play them in the playoffs. And I hate the sixers too but hate tmac more. If tmac stayed the raptors would have played LAL in the finals and built from there. After the raptors lost in 2001 EVERYTHING went downhill from there foward.

Clippersfan86
09-24-2012, 02:44 AM
In 5 years won't Durant be in his prime?

The NBA where players don't enter the league every year with the potential to be all time greats according to the OP...

In two years Parker might come in and throw up a 20/12/6 season. In four years maybe the next LeBron is drafted. We have no way of knowing.

I do know one thing though Blake Griffins they come they go. Good player, but not great.

Agree... No other PF in modern day history besides Duncan has put up similar averages their first two years... Definitely a dime a dozen kind of player! Blake Griffin absolutely will be a HOF and all time great based on what we've seen and anybody denying it is stupid. If he doesn't become best in the league he can definitely become top 3 potentially.

Kobr
09-24-2012, 03:15 AM
brisbaneman doesn't like any PF not named Dirk. There's an agenda here somewhere that I'm not seeing.

noosaman
09-24-2012, 03:33 AM
brisbaneman doesn't like any PF not named Dirk. There's an agenda here somewhere that I'm not seeing.

Nah man thats not my style. I am a huge aficionado of The Almighty but by no means am I a stan

KG215
09-24-2012, 04:13 AM
I can see him being a top 5 player but, five years from now, LeBron, Durant, Howard, and CP3 will all still be young enough to make it hard for another player to crack the top four. Then you've got guys who haven't even played a game in the NBA yet who have a lot of potential and hype surrounding them. I know something like hype is speculative, but what if Anthony Davis is as good as he is/was being hyped up to be?

Ignoring those guys, though, it's pretty bold to say Griffin will be the best player in the league in five years when, right now, the consensus second best player will only be 24 net year, and guys like LeBron, CP3, and Howard will barley be in their 30s and should still be really good barring injuries.

oh the horror
09-24-2012, 04:17 AM
I dont know about "best player in the league"

That's a hell of a stretch...you'd need a lot of factors of one's game clicking on ALL cylinders for that to happen given the level of talents out there in the league.

One of the best power forwards? Maybe.

KG215
09-24-2012, 04:26 AM
I dont know about "best player in the league"

That's a hell of a stretch...you'd need a lot of factors of one's game clicking on ALL cylinders for that to happen given the level of talents out there in the league.

One of the best power forwards? Maybe.

Best PF should be between Griffin and Love by then. Maybe Anthony Davis depending whether or not he primarily plays PF or C. LaMarcus Aldridge is still fairly young, too.

Besides LeBron, Durant, Howard, and CP3 you still have young guys like Westbrook and Rondo who are already probably better than Griffin. I think those two have already about reached their ceiling and I think Griffin an still improve quite a bit, but right now he's still got a group of players in front of that shouldn't be much worse (or should be better) five years.

Sakkreth
09-24-2012, 05:18 AM
You are not worthy my neg so I just 1 star this.

Bandito
09-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Is gonna be hard for Blake to take lebron of that pedestal unless he has another epic choke in the finals which could happen, I mean it is still lebron lol

JohnMax
03-13-2014, 01:08 AM
bump

Fudge
03-13-2014, 01:09 AM
bump
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/69/dgwn5.jpg

You get a Planet Francis for this bump.

russwest0
03-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Made in 2012.

So yes, Blake Griffin is gonna be better than 28 year old Durant :lol :lol :lol :lol

Rocketswin2013
03-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Lol in 5 years his greatest attribute will be gone. He has prolly peaked. I give him 3 years max to get better than what he is now, but as of now he's a less wealthy Charles Barkley.

beastmode
03-13-2014, 01:24 AM
Lol in 5 years his greatest attribute will be gone. He has prolly peaked. I give him 3 years max to get better than what he is now, but as of now he's a less wealthy Charles Barkley.

His jumpshot looks like it's getting better and better. He'll probably be a pick and pop guy in the distant future. Bob Tate, blake's shooting coach, said with his work ethic and determination sky's the limit.

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Karl Malone of this era.

juju151111
03-13-2014, 01:28 AM
Peaked? Isn't he like 24.

dunksby
03-13-2014, 01:34 AM
His jumpshot looks like it's getting better and better. He'll probably be a pick and pop guy in the distant future. Bob Tate, blake's shooting coach, said with his work ethic and determination sky's the limit.
I hope he improves his acting skills too, will help with selling his commercials and his flops.

hangintheair
03-13-2014, 01:39 AM
Agree... No other PF in modern day history besides Duncan has put up similar averages their first two years... Definitely a dime a dozen kind of player! Blake Griffin absolutely will be a HOF and all time great based on what we've seen and anybody denying it is stupid. If he doesn't become best in the league he can definitely become top 3 potentially.

Clipperfans86 sighted... :banana:

How I miss this guy :lol

beastmode
03-13-2014, 01:46 AM
I hope he improves his acting skills too, will help with selling his commercials and his flops.

lol, what a bitchy little post.