PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Lebron passing video ever?

pauk
09-24-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA

...just saw this in youtube and... :eek:

You can see the guy had alot of footage... there is a 1 min intro which i like actually as it talks about his passing before he even got to the nba, then with nice music its a 7-8 minute orgasmic blur of i would say most of Lebrons only sickest passes starting from st.v st.m highschool and then proceeding to cleveland and miami...... many which i dont even remember seeing!

....and the ending.... god damn dat pass...

Here you will see Lebrons entire passing skills repertoir.... finally a proper video of Lebrons passing... absolutely beautiful, highly recommend you see this, especially CavaliersFTW and Kblaze... :D

CavaliersFTW
09-24-2012, 12:12 PM

...just saw this in youtube and... :eek:

You can see the guy had alot of footage... there is a 1 min intro which i like actually as it talks about his passing before he even got to the nba, then with nice music its a 7-8 minute orgasmic blur of i would say most of Lebrons only sickest passes starting from st.v st.m highschool and then proceeding to cleveland and miami...... many which i dont even remember seeing!

....and the ending.... god damn dat pass...

Here you will see Lebrons entire passing skills repertoir.... finally a proper video of Lebrons passing... absolutely beautiful, highly recommend you see this, especially CavaliersFTW and Kblaze... :D
Thank you for further evidence that Bird is a better passer than Lebron. If this is Lebron's best passing video than I have no doubt in my mind that Bird is the best non-guard passer of all time :cheers:

OmniStrife
09-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Damn...

I'm shocked as it is the best LeBron mix I've ever seen and it's just PASSING.

Thank you for further evidence that Bird is a better passer than Lebron. If this is Lebron's best passing video than I have no doubt in my mind that Bird is the best non-guard passer of all time :cheers:

You're just pathetic... :oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
09-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Big Z and him had a great connection, I miss seeing them. Sick creativity..

ripthekik
09-24-2012, 12:21 PM
a shame he couldn't make his own legacy with such great talent, but had to team up with anothers :(

arifgokcen
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
That pass from lebron to big-z against wizards in playoffs wow

arifgokcen
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
a shame he couldn't make his own legacy with such great talent, but had to team up with anothers :(
Another troll.Welcome troll #3.

pauk
09-24-2012, 12:28 PM

If you have really seen this entire video i have a hard time figuring out why Lebron has not a ridicilously strong case? What you see in the video is:

behind the back passes
outlet passes
crosscourt passes
thread the needle passes
lazer beam passes
flick passes
blind passes
between peoples legs passes
court vision passes
lobs, bounces, no looks.... and alot more...

and he does them all in transition with any hand over and over... since highschool....

All passes you ever saw Larry Bird make is in that footage and duplicated meanwhile also many passes which Larry Bird never even did....

The fact that Lebron also averages more assists and is more of a playmaker rather than a shooter Bird was, is a bonus....

If you cant see why Lebron has a case for that honor then i seriously question your agenda....

I wish we could just end this talk and make a truce, that other thread made me sick... lets just say we agree to disagree, i respect your opinion tho CavaliersFTW, i like i said love Larry Bird, wouldnt mind anything great said about him........ but Lebrons passing man, its real, to real for probably any non-PG ever...

ripthekik
09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
it's just flashy passes basically..
jason william's passing highlight video probably looks the same or even better..

lilgodfather1
09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Best non PG passer the NBA has ever seen :bowdown:.

stallionaire
09-24-2012, 12:39 PM
This is what seperates LBJ from Jordan.

andgar923
09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
This is what seperates LBJ from Jordan.

Uhh

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Really great stuff!

Still not a better passer than Bird :)

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Best non PG passer the NBA has ever seen :bowdown:.

Larry Bird - SF - non-PG, so that's wrong.

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
If you have really seen this entire video i have a hard time figuring out why Lebron has not a ridicilously strong case? What you see in the video is:

behind the back passes
outlet passes
crosscourt passes
thread the needle passes
lazer beam passes
flick passes
blind passes
between peoples legs passes
court vision passes
lobs, bounces, no looks.... and alot more...

and he does them all in transition with any hand over and over... since highschool....

All passes you ever saw Larry Bird make is in that footage and duplicated meanwhile also many passes which Larry Bird never even did....

The fact that Lebron also averages more assists and is more of a playmaker rather than a shooter Bird was, is a bonus....

If you cant see why Lebron has a case for that honor then i seriously question your agenda....

I wish we could just end this talk and make a truce, that other thread made me sick... lets just say we agree to disagree, i respect your opinion tho CavaliersFTW, i like i said love Larry Bird, wouldnt mind anything great said about him........ but Lebrons passing man, its real, to real for probably any non-PG ever...

:facepalm

You really love LeBron huh?

Gotta quote this great post from the other thread

When the issue of assists between them is raised I have to wonder if people are even watching Bird play. I dont mean if they are old enough....I mean just...watching clips.

In the 80s everyone in the league other than former ABA players...they didnt grow up with a 3 point line. So you drive...you take midrange shots. Now....teams with a star swingman seek to surround him with shooters. So a Lebron type has Chalmers, James Jones, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Mo Williams, Damon Jones, Delonte, and on and on....

Larry Bird played with guys who were shooters in that...they can wet an open 15 footer. Dude Jerry *not trying to spell his last name* I remember was automatic. But hes not an assist generating shooter. Ainge could shoot. But hes not standing in a corner shooting arm cocked for 12 seconds while the star dribbles like shooters today are.

Modern systems turn drive and kick players who play into it into assist machines. Bird was getting assists throwing balls right on point in traffic. Tapping rebounds where they needed to be. Catching people off guard and getting teammates dunks.

He wasnt going with 3 shooters with no reason to dribble waiting for him to drop it off. why would he have a gang of assists?

Nobody stacks assists feeding the post and making clever reads like he did. You stack assists when the system is designed to allow it. Pick and roll points. drive and kick swingmen. All out running teams that try to score on the break at every chance with one or two guys designated to lead it.

He would have made the team worse if he tried to get assists the way Lebron does. Which is why the numbers dont matter.

He never got 11 assists like Michael Adams did in Denver. Michael Adams wouldnt do it on 98% of teams that ever existed. Means nothing in comparison to Bird or Lebron. I remember Michael Adams. Dude wasnt that good. Neither was Damon Jones on the Bucks doing crazy assists for his PT.

They just stacked assists. Not the same as great passing. One does not measure the other.

swi7ch
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Further proof he's got more Magic DNA than Jordan.

pauk
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Big Z and him had a great connection, I miss seeing them. Sick creativity..

yea, he seemed to be a recipient of Lebrons best passes and i remember Z throwing some sick ones to Lebron aswell, shame he didnt stick around 1 more year in Miami... he deserved a ring

Mr Exlax
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Lebron's passing skills made J.J. Hickson look like a beast. Made Varejaeo(SP?) look competent. I like what the guy typed, but Lebron does more than just kick to the wide open 3 pt shooter. I've seen some amazing stuff from that young man. As far as who's better between him and Bird, can't call it. Don't really care either way though.

Segatti
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Greatest 4th quarter passer ever :bowdown:

pauk
09-24-2012, 01:04 PM
SHAQisGOAT, i am really tired of debating that.... hope you dont mind...

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
SHAQisGOAT, i am really tired of debating that.... hope you dont mind...

All cool, there's not even a debate for me though

pauk
09-24-2012, 01:09 PM
All cool, there's not even a debate for me though

You are lying to yourself if you cant see what is infront of your eyes that should create a debate...

You know what, lets just say Bird and Lebron are some of the greatest non-PG passers ever, can we all agree on that? Damnit man.... who cares, love both of their passing...

Kblaze8855
09-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Really....Lebron, Toni Kukoc, Manu, Penny, Brent Barry, and maybe even some bigger guys like Sabonis, Vlade, and Webber....about the same level to me. The main differences are plays they are asked to make and where on the floor their position puts them. Ive seen Toni Kukoc throw 50 foot behind the back passes....ahead...right on point. If someone actually cared to create a 10 minute Penny passing video you would see some plays you have to run back 10 times to believe. Ive seen Brent Barry take off to lay it up palm the ball fake one way...bring the ball back behind his head and dump it off behind him all while in the air. I wanna say it was the #1 play of the year in NBA action in like...96 or 97.

The best passers can make just about all the passes. But a few point guards aside ive seen nobody more clever...and well rounded with it...than Bird. Only player ive ever seen who is on both of my short lists for best outlet and halfcourt passer ever. Dude just put the ball where it needed to be. And he wasnt playing in sets designed to get a teammate open to keep the floor spaced or make the defense allow him to go one on one. He was finding people who shouldnt even be open.

Everyone does it at times. Nobody ive seen other than Magic and a couple other points...did it like Larry.

RRR3
09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Really....Lebron, Toni Kukoc, Manu, Penny, Brent Barry, and maybe even some bigger guys like Sabonis, Vlade, and Webber....about the same level to me. The main differences are plays they are asked to make and where on the floor their position puts them. Ive seen Toni Kukoc throw 50 foot behind the back passes....ahead...right on point. If someone actually cared to create a 10 minute Penny passing video you would see some plays you have to run back 10 times to believe. Ive seen Brent Barry take off to lay it up palm the ball fake one way...bring the ball back behind his head and dump it off behind him all while in the air. I wanna say it was the #1 play of the year in NBA action in like...96 or 97.

The best passers can make just about all the passes. But a few point guards aside ive seen nobody more clever...and well rounded with it...than Bird. Only player ive ever seen who is on both of my short lists for best outlet and halfcourt passer ever. Dude just put the ball where it needed to be. And he wasnt playing in sets designed to get a teammate open to keep the floor spaced or make the defense allow him to go one on one. He was finding people who shouldnt even be open.

Everyone does it at times. Nobody ive seen other than Magic and a couple other points...did it like Larry.
I thought you said LBJ was a top 5 passer in the NBA

Kobr
09-24-2012, 01:22 PM

I didn't read anything in his post that indicates otherwise. LeBron can be a top 5 passer in the league right now but still not be a better passer than Bird.

pauk
09-24-2012, 01:24 PM

The only guys on that list that comes anywhere close in the vicinity of Lebrons passing is Manu & Penny.... but still not enough, as far as Kukoc and Barry throwing the occasional nifty pass means nothing to me, anybody can do it from time to time and some can even throw the a pass which Bird/Lebron and not even Magic did, like this one for example which i consider the greatest pass i ever seen, the difficulty and accuracy, timing on this pass has more to do with a bit of luck rather than Peja being the greatest passer ever.... take a look, not even Peja could believe it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQx0JqvEjts

...you are talking about the best passers make just all about passes... outlet and halfcourt passes... being well rounded with it... putting the ball where it needs to be.... finding people who shouldnt even be open........

THAT is Lebron.... and THAT is Bird aswell....

For gods sakes man, its really mindboggling if you cant acknowledge Lebron as such a passer... i really cant help you in that case... if you cant see this, then either you have seen to little footage of Lebron or you are bringing some agenda which is the culprit to that decision... cant be anything else, i mean i consider you a very knowledgable and reasonable basketball fan (which makes this extra mindboggling)..

LT Ice Cream
09-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Dope video. Love those touch passes, wish I saw this mix before I made my own LeBron mix

tmacattack33
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't really like using highlight videos to judge anybody's skills, but it was a good video.

My perception of Lebron's passing hasn't really changed much over the years. He's been a top 5 passer in the league to me for a while.

The one recent event that made me look at it slightly differently was what happened in the Olympics. He was the best facilitator on the team, ahead of Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
You are lying to yourself if you cant see what is infront of your eyes that should create a debate...

You know what, lets just say Bird and Lebron are some of the greatest non-PG passers ever, can we all agree on that? Damnit man.... who cares, love both of their passing...

Oh definitely, I think Larry's the better passer (best non-guard passer) but 'Bron's an amazing passer and is not a big gap like that between the both.

I do enjoy it, I enjoy to see some great passing, so obviously I really like to watch LBJ play.

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Really well said.

pauk
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Oh definitely, I think Larry's the better passer (best non-guard passer) but 'Bron's an amazing passer and is not a big gap like that between the both.

I do enjoy it, I enjoy to see some great passing, so obviously I really like to watch LBJ play.

Sure man, i respect your opinion....

2swift4u
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
this is a sick mix! whether you like Lebron or not you have to admit that he's a crazy good passer. some of it looks like out of a and1 streetball highlight video or something like that.

Kblaze8855
09-24-2012, 10:12 PM

It doesnt sound like theway id word it but...I wouldnt be shocked to see id said something similar. Only one player I mentioned is in the league at the moment anyway.

chazzy
09-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Pauk.. that's your video. You've posted this same video on pauk and all of your other accounts (including whatevah) and you just deleted and re-uploaded it today for some reason..

DuMa
09-24-2012, 11:04 PM
1st song was dope. havent heard it in a while.

really nice mix outside of the bad 240p res in some highlights and the 2nd song was not that great.

pauk
09-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Pauk.. that's your video.
You've posted this same video on pauk and all of your other accounts (including whatevah) and you just deleted and re-uploaded it today for some reason..

EDIT: nevermind, you are just being silly...

plowking
09-25-2012, 04:54 AM

Maybe because Bird wasn't the playmaker that Lebron was, due to Lebron being a better handler and driver with the ball.
What do you mean Bird didn't play in sets designed to get teammates open? What the hell is the offensive side of basketball about then? About running plays to get a good shot at the basket.
Lebron is just as good at finding that man that shouldn't even be able to receive the pass due to the snap he gets off his wrists. Its actually quite remarkable.

kNIOKAS
09-25-2012, 05:47 AM
that final pass is my favourite pass ever :cheers:

coin24
09-25-2012, 06:01 AM

...just saw this in youtube and fapped like crazy... :eek:

You can see that i was a cleveland fan and now miami heatles......!

....and the ending.... god damn dat sexy beast hairline...

Here you will see Pauks entire collection of LBJ porn.... finally a proper Lebron video to fap over... absolutely beautiful, highly recommend you see this, especially CavaliersFTW and Kblaze... :D

Fixed.. Dont hurt yourself champ:D

LakersReign
09-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Fixed.. Dont hurt yourself champ:D

:applause: :roll: :roll: :applause:

Kblaze8855
09-25-2012, 08:31 AM
What do you mean Bird didn't play in sets designed to get teammates open? What the hell is the offensive side of basketball about then?

When your 3 best scorers are all best used on the block or inside 15 feet in general....and you play before teams loaded up on 3 point shooters to stretch the floor....having the desired outcome of your plays be an open player just makes it likely your offense doesnt work.

Teams packed the paint vs the Celtics for good reason. Thats where their best players did the most damage. You dont rely on getting Kevin Mchale open. Hes a methodical back to the basket scorer. You dont rely on Bird being unguarded. Hes the biggest threat to score in the NBA at times. Hes gonna be left open about as often as a Kobe type. Parish isnt there to spot up like Chris Bosh even if he could shoot. He could bail you out with a turnaround jumper in the lane. But he wasnt just...spacing the floor.

Their offense was designed to create a favorable mismatch and get frontcourt players to their spots to operate. Cutters and so on were used....because when you have to stick to a player the offense can predict where you as a defender will go...and use that to create lanes.

But the goal wasnt...to get an open shooter or cutter. It was to get bigmen and Bird the ball in desired locations. Their points were Tiny...not a shooter...a slasher/scorer who could pass. DJ...not a shooter...a crafty player who mostly was there for defense and making the right play at the right time. Ainge might have the ball....could shoot. Not used as a spotup shooter in Birds prime. He was quick to drive actually. These were not pick and roll prone points or guys there to space the floor.

They didnt play to get their guys open because it wasnt gonna happen in the paint vs a league that doesnt respect the 3.

Guys on the celtics got open off being crafty and Bird and DJ finding them quickly. But the goal....was to get a favorable matchup around the basket.

Sakkreth
09-25-2012, 09:15 AM
As much as I respect Bird, LeBron is better passer. Best non pg passer ever ?

plowking
09-25-2012, 09:21 AM
When your 3 best scorers are all best used on the block or inside 15 feet in general....and you play before teams loaded up on 3 point shooters to stretch the floor....having the desired outcome of your plays be an open player just makes it likely your offense doesnt work.

Teams packed the paint vs the Celtics for good reason. Thats where their best players did the most damage. You dont rely on getting Kevin Mchale open. Hes a methodical back to the basket scorer. You dont rely on Bird being unguarded. Hes the biggest threat to score in the NBA at times. Hes gonna be left open about as often as a Kobe type. Parish isnt there to spot up like Chris Bosh even if he could shoot. He could bail you out with a turnaround jumper in the lane. But he wasnt just...spacing the floor.

Their offense was designed to create a favorable mismatch and get frontcourt players to their spots to operate. Cutters and so on were used....because when you have to stick to a player the offense can predict where you as a defender will go...and use that to create lanes.

But the goal wasnt...to get an open shooter or cutter. It was to get bigmen and Bird the ball in desired locations. Their points were Tiny...not a shooter...a slasher/scorer who could pass. DJ...not a shooter...a crafty player who mostly was there for defense and making the right play at the right time. Ainge might have the ball....could shoot. Not used as a spotup shooter in Birds prime. He was quick to drive actually. These were not pick and roll prone points or guys there to space the floor.

They didnt play to get their guys open because it wasnt gonna happen in the paint vs a league that doesnt respect the 3.

Guys on the celtics got open off being crafty and Bird and DJ finding them quickly. But the goal....was to get a favorable matchup around the basket.

Passing to backdoor cuts, with screens on the low block from Parish and McHale curling off one another isn't getting an open man? Bird was getting the ball to his players in much closer positions to the basket and if anything was more likely to get credited with an assist.
They ran plenty of pick and rolls as well.

Heat don't have the size to get those kind of looks close to the basket. The only one that can bully his way in there and get a mismatch because of his strength is Wade.

Bron is a different type of passer, due to his different talent in being able to set up the pass.

Its funny, since most on here will say that Bird was the better scorer, passer and rebounder compared to Lebron (mainly due to the hate Lebron receives from the same people). But then you look at the fact Lebron is constantly compared to, and expected to exceed Bird and others. The reason being because hes just as good at all of those things, and even better at some.
Passing being one of those things he is just as good at Bird. Hes simply a different type of passer.

Pointguard
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Passing to backdoor cuts, with screens on the low block from Parish and McHale curling off one another isn't getting an open man? Bird was getting the ball to his players in much closer positions to the basket and if anything was more likely to get credited with an assist.
They ran plenty of pick and rolls as well.

I definitely agree here. McHale and Parish were great guys to hit 15 feet and in. They also positioned themselves as good as any bigmen in the game as they knew how to seal a defender for either the rebound or pass extremely well. They were textbook in that regards. Z and Varejon were decent at it and Lebron was hitting them all the time when they did it and neither of them were nearly as good as McHale or Parrish in rebounding, scoring or moving without the ball. And the Boston coaching was vastly superior in offensive sets. Both Ainge and DJ were way more stable shooters than anybody Lebron had. Curious, who had a better half court, offensive set than Boston?

Its funny, since most on here will say that Bird was the better scorer, passer and rebounder compared to Lebron (mainly due to the hate Lebron receives from the same people). But then you look at the fact Lebron is constantly compared to, and expected to exceed Bird and others. The reason being because hes just as good at all of those things, and even better at some.
Passing being one of those things he is just as good at Bird. Hes simply a different type of passer.

Lebron is totally unique in passing with his halfcourt speed, accuracy, zip (over distances) and confusion he creates as a scorer. He creates at a faster pace than others (Chris Paul is his equal tho) and creates more at the rim opportunities because of it. I don't think Wade and Bosh are great for a passer in the half court (Ray Allen and Amare would be way better) so I think this year will be much better for Lebron as Wade was a bit slow and Bosh should be better acclimated. Wade didn't cut hard to the basket last year unless it was a fast break. Lebron's great judgement at fast speeds all over the court is what makes him different.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Whe nyou bring up quick backdoor cuts and a pick and roll here and there you are talking basketball basics. Happens on every team ever. Ive seen Ben Gordon run pick and rolls with Eddy Curry. Im talking about the basis of each offense.

The celtics were not a floor spacing outside shooter filled team designed to play off Bird and get open the way Lebrons teams are built. the 84 Celtics as a teamtook 229 threes. The 09 Cavs had 4 players between 228 and 420. Delonte West took as many threes himself as an entire title winning Celtics roster.

Lebron is given the ball...so his teammates are most effective when they can wait to catch it and shoot...or quickly finish off a dump off under the basket. Not something he should be hated on for. It works. But it also generates more assists than playing the game many other equally gifted passers play.

Lebron + shooters to space the floor has been pretty much the way every team has been built since he became great. And now they took an already 3 point shooting team and added Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. The goal is obvious. Space the floor....so if Lebron has to he can find shooters. Many more chances to stack assists. Its true Birds assists lead to easier baskets...but thats because his assists are generally around the basket. And its harder to find people open there.

For that and other reasons...lebrons assists numbers just dont factor in much to me in a comparison with Bird.

Assists are more an issue of the system a gifted passer plays in than the ability of the passer. Im sure Magic didnt just become a wizard with the ball once Norm Nixon was gone. And im sure Nash didnt learn to average 12 assists over a summer between Phoenix and Dallas. They were just...asked to do different things.

Has to be factored in.

pauk
09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Whe nyou bring up quick backdoor cuts and a pick and roll here and there you are talking basketball basics. Happens on every team ever. Ive seen Ben Gordon run pick and rolls with Eddy Curry. Im talking about the basis of each offense.

The celtics were not a floor spacing outside shooter filled team designed to play off Bird and get open the way Lebrons teams are built. the 84 Celtics as a teamtook 229 threes. The 09 Cavs had 4 players between 228 and 420. Delonte West took as many threes himself as an entire title winning Celtics roster.

Lebron is given the ball...so his teammates are most effective when they can wait to catch it and shoot...or quickly finish off a dump off under the basket. Not something he should be hated on for. It works. But it also generates more assists than playing the game many other equally gifted passers play.

Lebron + shooters to space the floor has been pretty much the way every team has been built since he became great. And now they took an already 3 point shooting team and added Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. The goal is obvious. Space the floor....so if Lebron has to he can find shooters. Many more chances to stack assists. Its true Birds assists lead to easier baskets...but thats because his assists are generally around the basket. And its harder to find people open there.

For that and other reasons...lebrons assists numbers just dont factor in much to me in a comparison with Bird.

Assists are more an issue of the system a gifted passer plays in than the ability of the passer. Im sure Magic didnt just become a wizard with the ball once Norm Nixon was gone. And im sure Nash didnt learn to average 12 assists over a summer between Phoenix and Dallas. They were just...asked to do different things.

Has to be factored in.

That is because Lebron/Magic could handle the ball much better than Bird, it indeed gave them more oppurtunities to "stack up assists" but it also gave Magic/Lebron a better transition passing game than Bird because it allows them to move the ball better at certain spots on the floor and set themselves up to do a pass which Bird couldnt do at the same level and at even higher pace, which creates only more passing angles....

In that Lebrons/Magics case compared to Bird, Ballhandling = Transition = Transition Passing = More passing angles............. That is indeed factored in.... and it only gives another edge to Lebron (and ofcourse Magic) in the passing ability department....

Larry Bird wasnt able to do this equally well, he was much more stationary as a passer, he wasnt either that good of a crosscourt passer and never had such snap in his passes, Lebron (and Magic) is like a sniper with that ball, dead accurate and the ball flies like a bullet (lazer like straight line and speed) from any distance and while in transition and even while heavily defended during fullcourt press defense when bringing the ball up...... the ball flies thru peoples noses, ears, legs, armpits and they cant even react to catch it because the trajectory, accuracy and timing of that ball is perfectly calculated to only be an outcome delivery for only his teammates being able to catch it......... its called threading the needle...

...and that is the most important thing that separated Magic from Bird in the passing ability department...

DFish
09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
At least plowking and kblaze are knowledgeable about the game. They know what they're talking about (kblaze moreso). You, pauk, clearly don't.

Ballhandling = Transition

:oldlol: :facepalm

DuMa
09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
there would have been more miami highlight passes but joel anthony stone hands made sure that wouldnt be it

SHAQisGOAT
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
That is because Lebron/Magic could handle the ball much better than Bird, it indeed gave them more oppurtunities to "stack up assists" but it also gave Magic/Lebron a better transition passing game than Bird because it allows them to move the ball better at certain spots on the floor and set themselves up to do a pass which Bird couldnt do at the same level and at even higher pace, which creates only more passing angles....

In that Lebrons/Magics case compared to Bird, Ballhandling = Transition = Transition Passing = More passing angles............. That is indeed factored in.... and it only gives another edge to Lebron (and ofcourse Magic) in the passing ability department....

Larry Bird wasnt able to do this equally well, he was much more stationary as a passer, he wasnt either that good of a crosscourt passer and never had such snap in his passes, Lebron (and Magic) is like a sniper with that ball, dead accurate and the ball flies like a bullet (lazer like straight line and speed) from any distance and while in transition and even while heavily defended during fullcourt press defense when bringing the ball up...... the ball flies thru peoples noses, ears, legs, armpits and they cant even react to catch it because the trajectory, accuracy and timing of that ball is perfectly calculated to only be an outcome delivery for only his teammates being able to catch it......... its called threading the needle...

...and that is the most important thing that separated Magic from Bird in the passing ability department...

Magic and LeBron handle the ball much better than Bird? :facepalm

I'll say it again, for those like you who seemed to never seen Bird play, he was a great ball handler, he simply didn't have the speed, the lateral quickness and the guard ability to play PG on the regular.

Bird not a good crosscourt passer? :facepalm Again, you must never saw the man play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTI-Cmkp87A

Bird didn't have snap in his passes? :facepalm

Bird couldn't thread the neadle? :facepalm

Seriously I never had so much facepalming in my life.

Bird could pull passes that LeBron can't, that's fact.

Like KBlaze said, Bird pulled off passes straight to traffic area many times, much more than LeBron, from them to average almost the same number of assists, and even considering the fact that LeBron has much more time handling the ball, it's simply amazing and a clear factor that Bird was the better passer.

Bird's a better passer than LeBron, Magic's better than both.

chazzy
09-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Hey pauk your video was featured on Yahoo's Ball dont lie blog, congrats!

pauk
09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey pauk your video was featured on Yahoo's Ball dont lie blog, congrats!

oh yea.... I am the man... yes thats my video! :banana: http://www.archiradar.it/smf2eng/Smileys/iradar/pinocchio.gif

Young X
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Ball-handling has nothing to do with passing skill, people are confusing passing with playmaking.

pauk
09-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Ball-handling has nothing to do with passing skill, people are confusing passing with playmaking.

Ballhandling allows you to move the ball/yourself to certain spots for more passing angles and passing oppurtunities, it allows you to exploit that passing skill which you already have to the maximum.... understand? It makes you a better mobile/transition passer... That is all i mean...

pauk
09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Just seen the video for maybe the 100th time lol... this is just pure *** for me... damn.. :bowdown:

Bandito
09-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Lebron looks so skinny and small then. Damn he's a beast.

Just seen the video for maybe the 100th time lol... this is just pure *** for me... damn..

Obsessed much...

RRR3
09-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Just seen the video for maybe the 100th time lol... this is just pure *** for me... damn.. :bowdown:
:biggums:
What the **** did that stand for? c-u-m? Ass? Gay?

Regardless you're getting creepy with your love for LBJ:oldlol:

pauk
09-25-2012, 09:04 PM
:biggums:
What the **** did that stand for? c-u-m? Ass? Gay?

Regardless you're getting creepy with your love for LBJ:oldlol:

The only thing i love is basketball and that there was basketball at its best...

RRR3
09-25-2012, 09:05 PM
The only thing i love is basketball and that there was basketball at its best...
What was the starred out word, Pauk? Don't avoid the question:no:

pauk
09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
What was the starred out word, Pauk? Don't avoid the question:no:

Oh... secret... http://www.samizdata.net/~pdeh/smiley_eyebrows.gif

RRR3
09-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh... secret... http://www.samizdata.net/~pdeh/smiley_eyebrows.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9zs7gy42x1r9691ao2_500.gif

pauk
09-25-2012, 09:19 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9zs7gy42x1r9691ao2_500.gif

http://*******.se/pics/5772.gif

RRR3
09-25-2012, 09:20 PM
http://*******.se/pics/5772.gif
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/888126_o.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Nice mix Pauk; how long did it take to finish?

pauk
09-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Nice mix Pauk; how long did it take to finish?

lol, its not mine.... wish it was! that thing is sick, if i knew how to make one i would make one long time ago.. not one but millions, starting with Reggie Miller

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
lol, its not mine.... wish it was! that thing is sick, if i knew how to make one i would make one long time ago.. not one but millions, starting with Reggie Miller

So the video uploader and you just happen to be from Denmark (http://www.youtube.com/user/xxwhatevahxx)? :oldlol:

You made a great vid, no need to front.

pauk
09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
So the video uploader and you just happen to be from Denmark (http://www.youtube.com/user/xxwhatevahxx)? :oldlol:

You made a great vid, no need to front.

Where did you get that im Danish or from Denmark? lol... i said here long time i have lived in Germany, Denmark (jesus, maybe i shouldnt have said that huh? then im everybody on the god damn internet?) and England... I am from Bosnia (Novi Grad, a town near the border of Croatia) and i type from there as we speak....

I understood Chazzy was trolling, he accuses me of being every damn Lebron fan on this forum, but you to? lol... you seriously believe i would lie about this awesome video NOT being mine? Why!? what the f.... :oldlol:

Maybe i should say and act like it is mine? Maybe i should say and act like i am everybody you suspect me to be on this forum or this planet earth......... Would that make you feel better and stop? Because this is extremly annoying...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Where did you get that im Danish or from Denmark? lol... i said here long time i have lived in Germany, Denmark (jesus, maybe i shouldnt have said that huh? then im everybody on the god damn internet?) and England... I am from Bosnia (Novi Grad, a town near the border of Croatia) and i type from there as we speak....

I understood Chazzy was trolling, he accuses me of being every damn Lebron fan on this forum, but you to? lol... you seriously believe i would lie about this awesome video NOT being mine? Why!? what the f.... :oldlol:

Not a big deal, just don't see the point of lying. Whatever.

:cheers:

pauk
09-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Not a big deal, just don't see the point of lying. Whatever.

:cheers:

Neither do i!

Damn... Maybe i should lied about it and said its mine... when i think about it, i would probably got away with it on this forum considering your post and chazzys :oldlol: Now THERE would be a point in lying because this video is the freakin bomb...

Miller for 3
09-25-2012, 09:58 PM
lmao, Pauk is arguing with his kuniva Damighty alt to act like he didnt make that video.

RRR3
09-25-2012, 10:00 PM
lmao, Pauk is arguing with his kuniva Damighty alt to act like he didnt make that video.
OH look it's the guy who wrote an essay on why Kobe is the GOAT:lol

pauk
09-25-2012, 10:28 PM

I am everybody! I am Miller for 3 to..... afterall Reggie Miller is my favorite player ever (no 2 humans can like him ffs, thats crazy!)... so...

I am this entire forum! bow down to me... or wait that means i would be bowing to myself/myselves, damn... oh what the heck *bowing down*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50fjeg4DB1qgu2gyo1_500.gif

Bandito
09-26-2012, 10:25 AM
I am everybody! I am Miller for 3 to..... afterall Reggie Miller is my favorite player ever (no 2 humans can like him ffs, thats crazy!)... so...

I am this entire forum! bow down to me... or wait that means i would be bowing to myself/myselves, damn... oh what the heck *bowing down*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50fjeg4DB1qgu2gyo1_500.gif
hey im a fan of Reggie Miller and I am pretty sure im not you.

cavsfanatic
09-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I wonder how many ppl seen Larry Bird play live? I ain't old enough to remember vividly. Lebron the best non pg passer I've seen though. I always said he was Magic more than Jordan. I seen that fool make some amazing passes his 7 years in Cleveland. He has amazing court vision

Replay32
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Great Video. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

upside24
09-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Greatest 4th quarter passer ever :bowdown:
LeBron is one of my guys but this is funny.