PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Vassilis Spanoulis Can Come Back To NBA Next Year!

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesBasket/A1Olympiakos/theloyn_spanoulh_oi_raptors.1943097.html

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesBasket/A1Olympiakos/article1933652.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/919084.jpg

The Raptors Want Spanoulis

Strong rumors circulate in North America that the Toronto Raptors have their targets set on Vassilis Spanoulis!

According to rumors circulating in North America, The King is a goal of the Toronto Raptors, who are looking for a player with the same style of the Greek guard.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:applause: :cheers: :banana: :rockon:

LosBulls
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Now that Brian Scalabrine is gone... we gonna need someone to take his place as the GOAT benchwarmer. BTW, His hairline worse than LeBrons.

b1imtf
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
LeBron scared he might lose the hairline title

RRR3
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice, can't wait to see him get destroyed by Jimmer Fredette.

Heavincent
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
He might even average 4/2/2 this time :bowdown: :bowdown:

LosBulls
09-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Vegeta Spanoulis

http://oi50.tinypic.com/zwfgz.jpg

monkeypox
09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I was under the impression the D-league had an age limit.

mattvNJ
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
great, cant wait to hear all the excuses when he doesnt produce or play....

Al Thornton
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
who?

NumberSix
09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
who?
:confusedshrug:

ballup
09-25-2012, 09:41 PM
The Raptors must like the 2 minutes of "veteran play" he can provide.

fpliii
09-25-2012, 09:45 PM
OT: are any of the qualifying rounds games worth watching?

Grinder
09-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes, he's going to leave the reigning Euroleague champions where he's the centerpiece of the team in his home country to go play for a team that'll hover between the lottery and possibly the eight seed while probably taking a paycut at 30+ years of age.

I find that hard to believe...

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 09:53 PM
OT: are any of the qualifying rounds games worth watching?

Uh, maybe when UNICS and Donetsk play each other. Other than that, I would wait until the final game. That should be interesting, as Cantu should be at home, and should be playing UNICS probably, with the qualification on the line.

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, he's going to leave the reigning Euroleague champions where he's the centerpiece of the team in his home country to go play for a team that'll hover between the lottery and possibly the eight seed while probably taking a paycut at 30+ years of age.

I find that hard to believe...

I don't think he would be taking a pay cut. Olympiacos could not pay the same salary he has now in a new contract. The budget cuts would not allow that. When Diamantidis signed his contract extension this summer with Panathinaikos for example, he had to take a 50% pay cut.

So Diamantidis will make 2 million euros net this season, but he will make 1 million euros net for the next 3 seasons. So, it will probably be a similar type of pay cut offered to Spanoulis by Olympiacos, unless they want to gut half their roster to keep him.

They also will have to try to keep Papanikolaou from going to Portland, they will have to re-sign Acie Law and Pero Antic. So actually, it would not be a pay cut.

BTW, I am pretty sure they were talking about the 2013-14 season, not this season.

Spanoulis is under contract this season, so obviously they must be talking about next season.

IGotACoolStory
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Probably the largest head to small shoulders ratio I have ever seen.

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Probably the largest head to small shoulders ratio I have ever seen.

It's not unusual at all in Spanoulis' Nordic geno type.

mattvNJ
09-25-2012, 10:04 PM
It's not unusual at all in Spanoulis' Nordic geno type.

hes a professional athelete well kinda, thats not such a good excuse. You really just love talking

Euroleague
09-25-2012, 10:11 PM
hes a professional athelete well kinda, thats not such a good excuse. You really just love talking

What the hell are you talking about?

gabepizza
09-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Toronto should be a better fit for him, meaning he can get more playing time. When he was with Houston they were a good team, at least a playoff team. Toronto is a bad team, plus a very Eurofriendly team. If he can't make it on the Raptors he can't make it anywhere.

Heavincent
09-25-2012, 10:15 PM
In all seriousness, I don't see how this is thread worthy. Yay, the guy that averaged 3/1/1 in the NBA might be coming back. Stop the presses.

gabepizza
09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
In all seriousness, I don't see how this is thread worthy. Yay, the guy that averaged 3/1/1 in the NBA might be coming back. Stop the presses.
He was just the Euroleague Final Four MVP so it is interesting to see how he would do in the NBA again.

RRR3
09-25-2012, 10:18 PM
You're a psychotic racist. V-Span is da goat

iDunkOreo
09-25-2012, 10:36 PM
He was just the Euroleague Final Four MVP so it is interesting to see how he would do in the NBA again.

He wasn't very good in the NBA in 2006, so why would he be good now?

FireMcFailPlease
09-25-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesBasket/A1Olympiakos/article1933652.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/919084.jpg

this guy will make a better bouncer outside an 18+ night club than an nba player.

SpecialQue
09-25-2012, 11:42 PM

Because it's six years later and players obviously improve as they age.

:D

gabepizza
09-25-2012, 11:52 PM

Steve Nash wasn't very good his first year. Not that I'm in anyway comparing Spanoulis to Nash I'm just saying you can't judge a player just from their rookie year. Spanoulis wasn't cut from the NBA he could have played in San Antonio he just preferred to be a star in Europe than have to earn his role player status in the NBA. Spanoulis is a 2X Finals MVP from the 2nd best league in the world so he should be at worst, a solid role player.

Optimus Prime
09-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Maybe this year he will average 6/2/2 on 35% shooting and win MIP! :bowdown:

:kobe:

coin24
09-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Maybe this year he will average 6/2/2 on 35% shooting and win MIP! :bowdown:

:kobe:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Watching shitnoulis fail is going to be epic:lol :lol

Toizumi
09-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Euroleague, why be excited to see your favorite player return to "an inferior league", where he won't even be a sixth man? Also why would V-Span want that transfer if in the past he "didnt want" to play in the NBA.

Nash
09-26-2012, 08:03 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesBasket/A1Olympiakos/theloyn_spanoulh_oi_raptors.1943097.html

The Raptors Want Spanoulis

Strong rumors circulate in North America that the Toronto Raptors have their targets set on Vassilis Spanoulis!

According to rumors circulating in North America, The King is a goal of the Toronto Raptors, who are looking for a player with the same style of the Greek guard.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:applause: :cheers: :banana: :rockon:
Why are you so happy about your favorite player playing in a, according to you, worse league?

Sakkreth
09-26-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't see this happening, might be wrong, but I hope it does happen. Zalgiris chances to win the group increases if Spanoulis goes, and it's and upgrade at pg for Raptors (the team i'll try to root again for this season) .

swi7ch
09-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Spanoulis was too turnover prone and lacking in outside shooting touch to be a good fit in Van Gundy's offensive system design. Said Van Gundy about the situation: "(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_McGrady) back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," .. "I feel badly for him. He feels he was misled. Frankly, he's been his own worst enemy in many ways. Some of it is excuses. His turnovers have been high; his fouls have been high; his shooting percentage has been low. I would rather anybody start out with self-evaluation

ashlar
09-26-2012, 11:51 AM
I think all the bases have been covered. I'll add this in though. HE SUCKS ASS.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Euroleague, why be excited to see your favorite player return to "an inferior league", where he won't even be a sixth man? Also why would V-Span want that transfer if in the past he "didnt want" to play in the NBA.

:oldlol:

Euroleague caught slippin'

Kblaze8855
09-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I see it kinds like Jasikevičius. If you can drop 20 something to beat team USA who always had world class guards...and your scoring isnt even the best aspect of your game...you can play NBA level ball. But who knows if the system will fit?

Carlos Arroyo destroyed team USA too. But a lot of these guys dont get the freedom over here. And with Calderon on the team already?

I wouldnt mind seeing him get a real shot. Im quite sure the best guards in the euroleague can play anywhere. But again....has to be the right situation.

Probably backing up on a shitty team without a lot of offensive talent? Might not be right.

Euroleague
09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't see this happening, might be wrong, but I hope it does happen. Zalgiris chances to win the group increases if Spanoulis goes, and it's and upgrade at pg for Raptors (the team i'll try to root again for this season) .

They are talking about next season, as in 2013-14 season.

Euroleague
09-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I see it kinds like Jasikevičius. If you can drop 20 something to beat team USA who always had world class guards...and your scoring isnt even the best aspect of your game...you can play NBA level ball. But who knows if the system will fit?

Carlos Arroyo destroyed team USA too. But a lot of these guys dont get the freedom over here. And with Calderon on the team already?

I wouldnt mind seeing him get a real shot. Im quite sure the best guards in the euroleague can play anywhere. But again....has to be the right situation.

Probably backing up on a shitty team without a lot of offensive talent? Might not be right.

In Greek media they were talking about the Raptors want Spanoulis to replace Calderon after he leaves in free agency. So it would just be him and Lowry, or maybe they would trade Lowry (just speculating) because he should net them something good in a trade.

Or, they could trade Spanoulis. Once Spanoulis got decent playing time consistently, he would have excellent trade value also. I don't know, just speculating, but they were talking about him being a replacement for Calderon, not him and Calderon being on the same team.

Euroleague
09-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Spanoulis always wanted to play in the NBA. He didn't want to play for Jeff Van Gundy. After Van Gundy got fired, he said he would have played for Adelman. He also said he would have played for Popovich, after he got traded to the Spurs.

He had to leave the NBA however at that time, due to personal family issues. So, if his family issues are resolved now (I'm not sure) then he would return to the NBA, "under the right situation", otherwise he would "stay with Olympiacos".

He's pretty much said that every time he gets asked about it in an interview.

Sleu27
09-26-2012, 02:25 PM
maybe the LA Dfenders could use him :confusedshrug:

Rooster
09-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Spanoulis always wanted to play in the NBA. He didn't want to play for Jeff Van Gundy. After Van Gundy got fired, he said he would have played for Adelman. He also said he would have played for Popovich, after he got traded to the Spurs.

He had to leave the NBA however at that time, due to personal family issues. So, if his family issues are resolved now (I'm not sure) then he would return to the NBA, "under the right situation", otherwise he would "stay with Olympiacos".

He's pretty much said that every time he gets asked about it in an interview.

Spanoulis mom was begging :oldlol: JVG to give him minutes.

But the Turnover Machine is not man enough to earn it. :oldlol:

When Smush Parker was killing him. JVG has enough of that.:oldlol:

So he put Skip and Luther Head ahead of this scrub in his rotation.:roll:

Euroleague
09-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Spanoulis' agent, Misko Raznatovic, was asked about this. He said that Spanoulis does not have an opinion about it yet, as he is just focused on the upcoming season.

So they are talking about the 2013-14 season. It is interesting though.......because in the past, whenever a team was said to be targeting Spanoulis, his agent would vehemently deny that Spanoulis would play for them, or that the team in question had actually contacted with him about it.

This time, no such denials came. That's very unusual for Spanoulis' agent.

http://s16.postimage.org/fpv4lbpyr/untitled.jpg

Dr.J4ever
07-05-2014, 12:17 PM
So is anyone gonna sign this guy? Any NBA team going to take a chance? EL's been making threads annually about Spanoulis coming over, so when will it finally come true?:lol The guy is 32, after all.

One more thing, why is EL so happy with Vspan coming over if the NBA is such a sh#tty league?:roll:

Smook A.
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Almost 2 years later...

-Lebron23-
07-05-2014, 12:26 PM
So is anyone gonna sign this guy? Any NBA team going to take a chance? EL's been making threads annually about Spanoulis coming over, so when will it finally come true?:lol The guy is 32, after all.

One more thing, why is EL so happy with Vspan coming over if the NBA is such a sh#tty league?:roll:
Trolling aside, have you ever seen him play?

CavaliersFTW
07-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Almost 2 years later...
:oldlol:

LeJohn Janes
07-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Dude is a straight up scrub. Won his first MVP (fan voted) in 2013 shooting less than 40%. :lol

CavaliersFTW
07-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Dude is a straight up scrub. Won his first MVP (fan voted) in 2013 shooting less than 40%. :lol
Aka euro league (the poster) rigged/voted. He alone is prob responsible for spammy getting that MVP by voting in under a couple hundred thousand aliases

Dr.J4ever
07-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Trolling aside, have you ever seen him play?

Of course, many times. I haven't followed his career or anything, but I saw him play in the Olympics, World Cup, and in a couple of EL games. Not to mention the NBA.

CavaliersFTW
07-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Of course, many times. I haven't followed his career or anything, but I saw him play in the Olympics, World Cup, and in a couple of EL games. Not to mention the NBA.
http://www.dontpokthebear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tumblr_mm4bw4oprq1qzbriqo1_500.gif

...let's not bring that stain on his resume up

Droid101
07-05-2014, 02:06 PM
BTW, His hairline worse than LeBrons.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a621/KobesFinger/scrubnoulis_zps212be1b0.jpg

Dr.J4ever
07-06-2014, 10:21 AM
So any takers from the NBA yet?.....Anything?

dr.hee
07-06-2014, 10:26 AM
So any takers from the NBA yet?.....Anything?

http://schriber-kommunikation.ch/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/tumbleweed.gif

Dr.J4ever
07-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Oh okay, but just in case, I will be updating this thread again tomorrow. Who knows?

dr.hee
07-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Oh okay, but just in case, I will be updating this thread again tomorrow. Who knows?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cookie_monster_waiting.gif

iznogood
07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Spanoulis to OKC?

dr.hee
07-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Spanoulis to OKC?

Yup. Finally they get a more athletic version of Westbrook :applause:

BlazerRed
07-06-2014, 11:43 AM
:lol