PDA

View Full Version : #46 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Deuce Bigalow
09-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Paul Arizin was voted the #45 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops.

22.8 PPG | 8.6 RPG | 2.3 APG

NBA Champion

StateOfMind12
09-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Vote - Paul Pierce, top 50 player of all-time, top 10 SF of all-time.

1987_Lakers
09-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Bob McAdoo

fpliii
09-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Nate

RRR3
09-26-2012, 02:13 AM
Bob McAdoo

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/heat/254_mcadoo_090605.jpg

@fpliii,
which Nate?

fpliii
09-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Bob McAdoo

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/heat/254_mcadoo_090605.jpg

have you seen those old HORSE videos on youtube? I think he lost to Pistol, but he knew what was up

EDIT: Thurmond

DaHeezy
09-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Bob Mcadoo

KOBE143
09-26-2012, 02:32 AM
The Worm

Nash
09-26-2012, 02:37 AM
What about Sam Jones, the man with 10 rings?

TheBigVeto
09-26-2012, 02:58 AM
Paul Pierce

coin24
09-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Worm..

NewYorkNoPicks
09-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Dominique Wilkins

JellyBean
09-26-2012, 06:13 AM
George Gervin

MasterDurant24
09-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Gervin

Optimus Prime
09-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Paul Pierce getting votes shows which posters are clearly still in middle school. :facepalm

These threads are always trash though but this one jumped the shark especially early with #11.

:kobe:

kurple
09-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Rodman

nycelt84
09-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Nate Thurmond

Duncan21formvp
09-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Dominique Wilkins

BIZARRO
09-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Dominique Wilkins

Definitely Dominique Wilkins, and it's about time.

G.O.A.T
09-26-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised at the similarities between my own top fifty and the one we've voted on here. So far all 45 selected are simpatico with my half a hundred. In fact they are the exact same top 45, just not in order.

For me the last five players in the top fifty are Nique, the Ice Man, Thurmond, McAdoo and Dwight Howard.

At #46 my vote will be for Dwight Howard.

Howard already has made more all-star teams than McAdoo, more all-NBA teams than any except Gervin (his 5 first teams match Ice), his 4 all-defensive first teams equal the number I gave to Nate Thurmond retroactively and exceed all the others of course. His 6 playoff series wins during his prime or more than anyone else in that group and he is the only one in that group to have lead a team to the Finals without another star player.

Howard than McAdoo are my next two.

Duncan21formvp
09-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Rodman
A guy with 2 allstar game appearances I don't think so.

Boston C's
09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
I'll take nique here...wow can't believe sam jones didn't get voted in yet just noticed that as one poster pointed out...he should definitely get in the next 3

pauk
09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Bob McAdoo

G.O.A.T
09-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I'll take nique here...wow can't believe sam jones didn't get voted in yet just noticed that as one poster pointed out...he should definitely get in the next 3

I disagree. As much as I love Sam, he was never a superstar, the guys in the top fifty were.

He was never all-NBA first team, never the best player on his team, never an MVP candidate and never elite. He's among the best of the non-elites or borderline elites, but he's not quite top-50 material IMO.

1987_Lakers
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I really don't understand people voting for Rodman. Yes he was an amazing defender & probably the GOAT rebounder, but he was more of a role player in this league (GOAT role player). There are still of few players out there who haven't been voted in yet who were simply flat out better individual players than Rodman.

1987_Lakers
09-26-2012, 02:51 PM
McAdoo
D. Howard
Gervin
Wilkins
CP3

Those are the 5 players who I think should be voted in to complete the top 50 list. Some might argue against CP3, but in his short career he has already had 2 seasons where he played the PG position better than anyone in history other than Magic. He has already made 4 All-NBA teams, 2 of them being 1st (I see it as 3 considering his '09 season was amazing). He has finished top 5 in the MVP voting 3 times and he can cause havoc on the defensive end.

Dragonyeuw
09-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I really don't understand people voting for Rodman. Yes he was an amazing defender & probably the GOAT rebounder, but he was more of a role player in this league (GOAT role player). There are still of few players out there who haven't been voted in yet who were simply flat out better individual players than Rodman.

Dennis Rodman's defense and rebounding probably has more tangible impact than a number of guys who can score 20 points a game( that's what some people tend to focus in on), and not have much impact on winning. Rodman was a winner, and his impact on games went far beyond stats. I don't see how a guy who is arguably the greatest pound for pound rebounder and one of best defensive players ever, is undeserving of a spot somewhere in the top 50.

fsvr54
09-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Mcadoo here, nique next.

Eric Cartman
09-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Bob Mcadoo

MY NEXT VOTE WILL GO FOR DWIGHT HOWARD.

G.O.A.T
09-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Bob Mcadoo

MY NEXT VOTE WILL GO FOR DWIGHT HOWARD.

Why McAdoo above Howard, I have the two in opposite order because of Howard's greater team success during their respective peaks.

Boston C's
09-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Why McAdoo above Howard, I have the two in opposite order because of Howard's greater team success during their respective peaks.

I gotta tell you idk what it is but i just feel really uncomfortable voting howard in this high...and I honestly think its because he has played in a ridiculously weak era for centers...personally if you put him in the 90's he probably wouldnt be a top 5 big man in the game and ppl like hakeem would shit on him constantly

G.O.A.T
09-26-2012, 05:06 PM
I gotta tell you idk what it is but i just feel really uncomfortable voting howard in this high...and I honestly think its because he has played in a ridiculously weak era for centers...personally if you put him in the 90's he probably wouldnt be a top 5 big man in the game and ppl like hakeem would shit on him constantly

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's fair to hold that against him. Regardless of position he's still a top five player in the league and has been for three or four years at least.

I can't say I think he'd be better than Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem or Shaq back in the day, but that doesn't matter because those guys are retired now. Maybe in the 1990's he'd be a power forward or maybe the increased competition would have forced him to improve his game in ways he hasn't yet in the current climate.

1987_Lakers
09-26-2012, 05:10 PM

I think it's natural for people to feel uncomfortable voting for current players, especially a young player like Howard. People were probably outraged when Shaq was voted in the top 50 in 1996, but that turned out all right.

I have no problem with Dwight Howard in the top 50, multiple DPOY awards, 5x All-NBA First team selection, led his team to the Finals in '09, probably the best rebounder we have seen since Rodman.

Boston C's
09-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's fair to hold that against him. Regardless of position he's still a top five player in the league and has been for three or four years at least.

I can't say I think he'd be better than Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem or Shaq back in the day, but that doesn't matter because those guys are retired now. Maybe in the 1990's he'd be a power forward or maybe the increased competition would have forced him to improve his game in ways he hasn't yet in the current climate.

Very true about holding it against him...not his fault hes going against these centers...his resume is very impressive and does warrant a top 50 selection...you and 1987 lakers make valid points so I won't argue it...it just feels weird but the case when looking at achievements is definitely there for him

btw you think you could chime in on kenneth griffins thread and save us from that atrocity of a thread...could use some good knowledgable posters like you, shaq attack, 1987 lakers etc that could maybe just maybe get some sense through to him and kobe143 :lol

might be a lost cause as its not just kobe stans but also lebron and jordans legion can be impossible too but maybe a different voice can do something lol

dyna
09-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Bob McAdoo

Round Mound
09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Bob McAdoo...The Most Underrated Great of All Time.

JMT
09-26-2012, 06:23 PM
McAdoo

Heilige
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Bob McAdoo

L.Kizzle
09-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Gots to go with Bob McAdoo. That 3 year peak he had is pretty tough to top (with the remaining guys left of course.)

UltraThunderMan
09-26-2012, 07:41 PM
This list is absolute bullsh it. I swear, for an nba site, most of you morons know little to nothing about basketball. First of all, kobe bryant is NOT a top ten player of all time. Jesus christ, the guy is the luckiest player in history. Half of his titles had him as not even the best guy on the team. Then he was incredibly inefficient as a scorer and did pretty much nothing else above average. And yes i know he had all those defensive awards, but i've watched him for years and have never seen him play great defense. He is overrated in the extreme. I would have him in top 15 but definitely not top ten.

Next, John Stockton is a guy who leads the nba in two major statistical categories and was one of the most efficient players ever. Everyone on here raves about steve nash while stockton was better than him in every way. Look at nash's mvp years and then realize that stockton posted better numbers while not even being considered for that award. LOL, i swear you people are morons. You put some scrub like mikan up there when he played against players that might as well have been retarded, but Stockton is overrated? Yeah right.

LMFAO at you tards. A guy who averaged a triple double is worse as a player than some chucker who stole michael jordan's game and made it look worse.

Deuce Bigalow
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
This list is absolute bullsh it. I swear, for an nba site, most of you morons know little to nothing about basketball. First of all, kobe bryant is NOT a top ten player of all time. Jesus christ, the guy is the luckiest player in history. Half of his titles had him as not even the best guy on the team. Then he was incredibly inefficient as a scorer and did pretty much nothing else above average. And yes i know he had all those defensive awards, but i've watched him for years and have never seen him play great defense. He is overrated in the extreme. I would have him in top 15 but definitely not top ten.

Next, John Stockton is a guy who leads the nba in two major statistical categories and was one of the most efficient players ever. Everyone on here raves about steve nash while stockton was better than him in every way. Look at nash's mvp years and then realize that stockton posted better numbers while not even being considered for that award. LOL, i swear you people are morons. You put some scrub like mikan up there when he played against players that might as well have been retarded, but Stockton is overrated? Yeah right.

LMFAO at you tards. A guy who averaged a triple double is worse as a player than some chucker who stole michael jordan's game and made it look worse.
You totally convinced me Kobe is not top 10 all-time. I'm going to remove him from my top 10 list now since he is just lucky.

SyRyanYang
09-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Nique

UltraThunderMan
09-26-2012, 09:31 PM
You totally convinced me Kobe is not top 10 all-time. I'm going to remove him from my top 10 list now since he is just lucky.

LMFAO, you cannot sit here with a straight face and say that he has not been more lucky than prb anyone else in history. In my post above, what did i say that wasn't true? LOL at your ignorance of the game in general. LMFAO.

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
you cannot sit here with a straight face and say that he has not been more lucky than prb anyone else in history.

Magic, perhaps.

Freedom Kid7
09-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I like McAdoo too and all, but I'd still rank Paul Pierce above him due to some extra longevity. Even though Paul has possibly the worst handles of all time

UltraThunderMan
09-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Magic, perhaps.

But magic had more ability than kobe bryant ever dreamed of. Magic could score, pass, rebound, and get everyone else involved. The ONLY thing kobe did was score and lets be real here, ANYONE can score what he did given enough looks and shots. I mean his averages.

His defense is overrated, he does nothing else worth mentioning. He is not a great rebounder, he is not a great passer, he does not possess a high bball iq for anything other than getting his own shot, he does not make his teammates better, etc. At least magic had actual game.

Kobe bryant would be sucking cawk for money right now if he hadn't lucked out at the beginning of his career by getting put on the lakers.

TheBigVeto
09-26-2012, 09:53 PM
But magic had more ability than kobe bryant ever dreamed of. Magic could score, pass, rebound, and get everyone else involved. The ONLY thing kobe did was score and lets be real here, ANYONE can score what he did given enough looks and shots. I mean his averages.

His defense is overrated, he does nothing else worth mentioning. He is not a great rebounder, he is not a great passer, he does not possess a high bball iq for anything other than getting his own shot, he does not make his teammates better, etc. At least magic had actual game.

Kobe bryant would be sucking cawk for money right now if he hadn't lucked out at the beginning of his career by getting put on the lakers.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Great post my brother.

Deuce Bigalow
09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
#46 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops Voting

11- Bob McAdoo
5- Dominique Wilkins
3- Paul Pierce
3- Dennis Rodman
2- Nate Thurmond
2- George Gervin