PDA

View Full Version : The difference between Bosh and Garnett

eliteballer
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
The abdominal injury that nearly ended his season - and probably would have doomed Miami's title chances - is behind him now, Bosh said. But when things looked most bleak, when the Heat lost two straight games to the Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference semifinals after he got hurt, Bosh was preparing himself for a long offseason without a championship to savor.

''I thought it was over,'' Bosh said in an interview with The Associated Press. ''I didn't want to fully emotionally invest myself anymore because I didn't want to get hurt like last year when we lost the finals. I kind of had a letdown. I'm not going to lie. I was defeated. And then my wife came to me and said, 'You know, you said things were going to look bad, but you have to keep going.'''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heats-bosh-ready-camp-injury-154650467--nba.html

This guy is so mentally weak it's absolutely revolting......this is a fighter:

http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/img/ben-gordon-kevin-garnett.JPG

kNicKz
09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/943/842/chris-bosh-crying_display_image.jpg?1305733621

G-train
http://mankindunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Chris-Bosh-NBA-Championship-Celebration-Funny-Photo.jpg

longtime lurker
KG has a ***** Bosh has a ******

SIRI1
09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/boshface.gif

EnoughSaid
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
He doesn't like... losing?:eek: Holy shit Bosh is the biggest p*ssy in the world!

LBJFTW
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bosh.gif

http://groovedshoulder.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/garnett1.jpg

plowking
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
What happened to Garnett when Bosh came back into the Heat team? See those stats dwindle for Garnett?

Bosh was a champion this season, Garnett wasn't. That's the difference.

RaininTwos
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
ITT: OP believes that Garnett never doubts himself even though he's human....

Kblaze8855
09-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Bosh was immediately frustrated with Asik, who has worked his way into coach Tom Thibodeau's lineup mostly through hustle and fighting for loose balls. Before he left the floor, Bosh shook hands with Asik but still was salty about the play after the game.

"We all want to be healthy and that is very important," said Bosh, who had 11 of his 17 points in the third quarter before the injury. "If it is by somebody's leg, don't dive for the ball, it's too close."

Raptor fans were telling me he was better than Dirk......

swi7ch
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
KG is a fake/TV tough guy though. Bosh is kinda the same when he screams or yells so there's not much difference. One is merely overdoing it... like flopping but for acting tough instead.

HiphopRelated
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Bosh gonna have more rings, and we all saw what happened when he returned

G-train
09-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Bosh is a quirky fellow that says and does weird things, but its undeniable he is an elite forward and a deserving NBA champion. A truly great team mate and pressure performer.

plowking
09-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Splash!

That's the sound of another Bosh 3 pointer right in Kevin Garnett's eye just these past ECF's.

Kevin_Garnett_5
09-26-2012, 08:40 PM
What happened to Garnett when Bosh came back into the Heat team? See those stats dwindle for Garnett?

Bosh was a champion this season, Garnett wasn't. That's the difference.:facepalm

Game 5 was one of KG's best games in the series and Bosh played.

Kblaze8855
09-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Bosh is a quirky fellow that says and does weird things, but its undeniable he is an elite forward

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah homie.

Unless when you say "Forward" you dont mean forwards....but power forwards. In which case id still say no...but my "Nah" would be shorter.

G-train
09-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah homie.

Unless when you say "Forward" you dont mean forwards....but power forwards. In which case id still say no...but my "Nah" would be shorter.

Then its clear you lack understanding of how good he is. I could write a page long post of facts from watching 90% of his Heat games, but it would only prompt a page long response of eloquent garbage, so I can't be bothered. So I'll just say do some research and prove yourself wrong.

guy
09-26-2012, 08:51 PM

Heat might've swept through the playoffs if they had KG instead of Bosh.

Its funny at one point we thought Bosh/Amare were going to be the new great PFs after Duncan/KG/Dirk. Funny thing is they are still better then them with the exception of Bosh being better then Duncan.

Kblaze8855
09-26-2012, 08:56 PM
The Heat arent a team anyone gets to use "I watch their games" about. Everyone watches the Heat. heavily. And you being a heat fan...if anything...makes you feeling hes an elite forward mean even less.

When there is a clear level of forward above you on your own team...you arent elite.

Chris Bosh has never done anything of note for a player considered a star. Winning a ring by playing worse than Vin Baker doesnt make you an elite forward. It means you are on a team with people a lot better than you.

IGOTGAME
09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
The Heat arent a team anyone gets to use "I watch their games" about. Everyone watches the Heat. heavily. And you being a heat fan...if anything...makes you feeling hes an elite forward mean even less.

When there is a clear level of forward above you on your own team...you arent elite.

Chris Bosh has never done anything of note for a player considered a star. Winning a ring by playing worse than Vin Baker doesnt make you an elite forward. It means you are on a team with people a lot better than you.

to be fair, any forward out on the Heat would be a clear level worst than Lebron. By that standard there is only one elite forward. Nothing wrong with conclusion in my book though.

GOBB
09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
:oldlol: Yeah you cant say you watch x amount of Heat games. We pretty much all do.

CJ Mustard
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Yup.

Funny how a 35/36 year old KG in the 2nd half of the season into the Playoffs > Prime Chris Bosh. The Celtics get significantly worse last season on both ends if you swap Bosh for Garnett, whereas the Heat would get better.

Kblaze8855
09-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Yea...counting playoffs they are on 50 times a year....and I have league pass...online and on my phone? Nobody missed the heat...nobody.

And if you take elite forwards past lebron...Bosh still isnt on the list. You are the 3rd best forward in one playoff series...you arent elite.

plowking
09-26-2012, 09:17 PM
:facepalm

He played 14 minutes off the bench. When he started getting his regular minutes in game 6 and 7, Garnett went missing.

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2012, 09:20 PM

Wasn't me. Then again, I wasn't on ISH yet.

And no, he never was better than Dirk when they were in their primes, it's a shame some Raptor fans were thinking that.

plowking
09-26-2012, 09:20 PM
LOL at Bosh being worse than Garnett.
Bosh has significantly changed his game to fit in with this Heat team, and he does wonders for us.
For all this talk of Garnett being a 'power' forward, he does the same shit every time. 15 foot turnarounds all game. Putting the 'power' into power forward ay?

Kevin_Garnett_5
09-26-2012, 09:25 PM
He played 14 minutes of the bench. When he started getting his regular minutes in game 6 and 7, Garnett went missing.
GM 6: KG - 12/5 43% in 31 mins
Bosh - 7/6 38% in 28 mins

GM 7: KG 14/7 50% in 35 mins
Bosh - 19/8 80% in 31 mins

KG also outplayed Bosh in Game 6 and had a decent Game 7 where Bosh had his best shooting performance of the Playoffs.

Kevin_Garnett_5
09-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Bosh has significantly changed his game to fit in with this Heat team, and he does wonders for us.
For all this talk of Garnett being a 'power' forward, he does the same shit every time. 15 foot turnarounds all game. Putting the 'power' into power forward ay?
He anchored the number 1 rated defense in the league last season at the age of 36. :rolleyes:

plowking
09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
GM 6: KG - 12/5 43% in 31 mins
Bosh - 7/6 38% in 28 mins

GM 7: KG 14/7 50% in 35 mins
Bosh - 19/8 80% in 31 mins

KG also outplayed Bosh in Game 6 and had a decent Game 7 where Bosh had his best shooting performance of the Playoffs.

I'm not talking about outplaying. I didn't expect Bosh to outplay anyone coming back from an injury. Yet he shut out Garnett. He went missing.
For all the talk that Bosh has got during his career about Garnett getting to him and really bothering him, its funny people don't look at how many problems Bosh has caused for Garnett over his career. Always plays him well.

Bosh is better than Garnett, and has been for the last 2 or 3 years.

red1
09-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Bosh is a clutch mofo and has the heart of a champion. Love this guy, easiest nba player to root for

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2012, 09:35 PM
easiest nba player to root for

or against.

red1
09-26-2012, 09:39 PM
or against.
:pimp:
http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/06/chris-bosh-champs-glasses-cigar.jpg

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm not mad he won a title.

Infact, I asked this question on the Raptors forum:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268389

He can be easily hated for some of the things he says and does both on and off the court.

guy
09-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Does changing his game mean not play better defense and rebound better? Like as good as KG?

red1
09-26-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm not mad he won a title.

Infact, I asked this question on the Raptors forum:

He can be easily hated for some of the things he says and does both on and off the court.
Easily mocked yeah but I don't agree with easily hated. He always comes across as a chill, humble and classy dude. IMO someone like dwight is easy to hate on because of his fake cornball persona but even in that case using the word hate is pushing it a bit

Kevin_Garnett_5
09-26-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not talking about outplaying. I didn't expect Bosh to outplay anyone coming back from an injury. Yet he shut out Garnett. He went missing.
For all the talk that Bosh has got during his career about Garnett getting to him and really bothering him, its funny people don't look at how many problems Bosh has caused for Garnett over his career. Always plays him well.

I could say the same thing about not expecting an over the hill KG to outplay a prime Chris Bosh yet he does it almost every time they play.

KG vs Bosh Head to Head (Career):

KG: 18/10/4 50% FG
Bosh: 15/9/2 48% FG

KG vs Bosh Head to Head (last season):

KG: 15/7/2 57% FG
Bosh: 12/10/2 43% FG

G-train
09-26-2012, 09:58 PM
:oldlol: Yeah you cant say you watch x amount of Heat games. We pretty much all do.

Yeah you can, because there is watching NBA and really watching NBA.

I watch the Heat, almost every game for years.

I analyse them. I pause, rewind, break up plays.

Study defensive schemes, acknowledge 1 percenters.

If you do that, and dont acknowledge Bosh as an elite forward, then you don't understand basketball.

We are talking about a guy that would be on the Olympic team, I'm not making an outrageous claim.

If you don't think he is elite, then you are blinded by Heat hate or dont watch thoroughly or stupid.

By elite, I am saying one of the better forwards in the league.

eliteballer
09-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah you can, because there is watching NBA and really watching NBA.

I watch the Heat, almost every game for years.

I analyse them. I pause, rewind, break up plays.

Study defensive schemes, acknowledge 1 percenters.

If you do that, and dont acknowledge Bosh as an elite forward, then you don't understand basketball.

We are talking about a guy that would be on the Olympic team, I'm not making an outrageous claim.

If you don't think he is elite, then you are blinded by Heat hate or dont watch thoroughly or stupid.

By elite, I am saying one of the better forwards in the league.

You can't even spell analyze properly, dont try to come off as some superior intellect.

:coleman:

KG215
09-26-2012, 10:19 PM

Well sure. One is in his mid-30s and well past his prime and the other is in his late 20s and in his prime. I know you're not arguing career vs. career, though.

Still, I'm not sure there's an even a noticeable gap. Garnett is still a better defensive player/anchor which closes the gap between their offensive abilities. Not sure Garnett can be more than a 15-17 ppg scorer right now if he was used as the offensive focal point/#1 option, but he showed in the playoffs he's still a capable scorer when called upon.

With that said, I think Bosh is an underrated player due to being the "forgotten" third wheel in Miami. I think his value was shown during the playoffs. The Heat struggled mightily without him. He comes back, gets healthy the last two games of the ECF, and the Heat comeback from a 3-2 deficit and move on to the Finals. He was the X-factor in the Finals in my opinion, too. Due to Presti either being too stubborn or too stupid to go small and use Ibaka or Collison to defend him, Bosh killed OKC (mainly Perkins), especially on the pick-n-roll, and he did prove to be a solid rim protector from time to time with some timely blocks.

plowking
09-26-2012, 10:20 PM
You can't even spell analyze properly, dont try to come off as some superior intellect.

If you had a clue what you're talking about you'd know there is different ways of spelling it.

plowking
09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I could say the same thing about not expecting an over the hill KG to outplay a prime Chris Bosh yet he does it almost every time they play.

So you expect a perfectly capable player to not outperform one that is coming back from injury?
Pretty comparable stats considering you're including Bosh's rookie year in that and the fact Bosh isn't the first or second option anymore.

Kevin_Garnett_5
09-26-2012, 10:26 PM
So you expect a perfectly capable player to not outperform one that is coming back from injury?
Pretty comparable stats considering you're including Bosh's rookie year in that and the fact Bosh isn't the first or second option anymore.
A perfectly capable 36 year old in his 17th season on bad knees?

And about half of those games are from when KG was past his prime and no longer a first option:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=garneke01&p2=boshch01

Donnybrook
09-26-2012, 10:34 PM

Nailed it! :cheers:

magnax1
09-26-2012, 11:58 PM
That's pretty much the epitome of a bullshit argument. Is Kevin McHale not elite?
The difference between Bosh and KG is that KG was one of the best passers, defenders, and rebounders for his position ever, and was an MVP caliber player for a good 5 years. Bosh actually might be a better scorer (either way they're close) but the difference between them just is not attitude. It's skill and athleticism, both of which Bosh is pretty far behind KG.
As for him being elite, I guess it depends on what your definition of elite is. He's a top 20 player no question. There might be 1 or 2 PFs better then him. He's in a pretty poor situation for his skillset, but none the less he's a top tier player, and he has done a good job of converting some of his offense in Toronto into defense in Miami and has made a positive impact on that side these past two years.

G-train
09-27-2012, 01:17 AM

Everyone outside of North America spells it with a 's'.

G-train
09-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Yea...counting playoffs they are on 50 times a year....and I have league pass...online and on my phone? Nobody missed the heat...nobody.

And if you take elite forwards past lebron...Bosh still isnt on the list. You are the 3rd best forward in one playoff series...you arent elite.

You are a basketball simpleton.

Graviton
09-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Bosh is always so disrespected. The guy steps up when his team needs him, by embarrassing Perkins/Ibaka and making them useless for a series, blocking Durant in the paint, turning the tide vs Celtics/Pacers, destroying my Bulls in close games, hitting game winners and opening up the paint for Wade/Bron. He does all the little things, he brings energy and effort, did everyone just forget how Miami struggled without him then magically kicked into another gear with him?

Even when Bron or Wade are out, the team plays well and wins, hell Bosh by himself won with the other two out. But as soon as Bosh is missing, getting in the paint gets harder, the team loses his mid range shot, his energy, his post scoring and even his defense. Bosh has great reflexes and is quick enough to contest/block when needed.

I would kill Boozer myself if Bulls could get him. He is a legit Top 5 PF when he gets touches.

plowking
09-27-2012, 02:12 AM
Well sure. One is in his mid-30s and well past his prime and the other is in his late 20s and in his prime. I know you're not arguing career vs. career, though.

Still, I'm not sure there's an even a noticeable gap. Garnett is still a better defensive player/anchor which closes the gap between their offensive abilities. Not sure Garnett can be more than a 15-17 ppg scorer right now if he was used as the offensive focal point/#1 option, but he showed in the playoffs he's still a capable scorer when called upon.

With that said, I think Bosh is an underrated player due to being the "forgotten" third wheel in Miami. I think his value was shown during the playoffs. The Heat struggled mightily without him. He comes back, gets healthy the last two games of the ECF, and the Heat comeback from a 3-2 deficit and move on to the Finals. He was the X-factor in the Finals in my opinion, too. Due to Presti either being too stubborn or too stupid to go small and use Ibaka or Collison to defend him, Bosh killed OKC (mainly Perkins), especially on the pick-n-roll, and he did prove to be a solid rim protector from time to time with some timely blocks.

All people need to look to is the stats Bosh put up as a second option next to Lebron while Wade was out.
He was averaging 25+ points in that stretch, and he was putting it up on 60% shooting. In fact, with Wade out in the 9 or 10 game stretch, he didn't even shoot under 50% in one of the games.

bdreason
09-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Bosh isn't an elite forward? :roll:

I'm not saying Bosh is on KG's level, because he isn't... but the difference between them psychologically is that Bosh is open and honest with his feelings, while Garnett chooses to mask his feelings more like a typical man; by acting overtly aggressive.

Hittin_Shots
09-27-2012, 03:14 AM

You fail at life buddy.

magnax1
09-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Everyone outside of North America spells it with a 's'.

Meaning the minority of english speakers lol.

plowking
09-27-2012, 03:36 AM

LOL at the fail in this post. :oldlol:

NewYorkNoPicks
09-27-2012, 07:23 AM

KG was a champion as an alpha, a #1 option, a leader. Bosh on the other hand received a ring for simply tagging along.

BlackWhiteGreen
09-27-2012, 07:36 AM

I wonder how they spell it in England, where the language originates from...

Penny37
09-27-2012, 08:07 AM
I wonder how they spell it in England, where the language originates from...
nevermind the fact that there are more english speakers in China than there are in America

anyways, Bosh is an elite forward (depending on your definition of elite), but KG's career >>>> Bosh's career

Kblaze i guess your definition of elite means you have to be the best forward in the game? because then that means there's only one elite forward because lebron is miles ahead of the rest of the league

HiphopRelated
09-27-2012, 08:10 AM
KG was a champion as an alpha, a #1 option, a leader. Bosh on the other hand received a ring for simply tagging along.
when did this happen?

JohnnySic
09-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Garnett is an all-time great.

Bosh is a "nice" player.

Big difference.

NewYorkNoPicks
09-27-2012, 08:29 AM
when did this happen?

If youre going to tell me KG wasnt the most important player on that 08 team then youre probably one of those lebron-decision new fans

HiphopRelated
09-27-2012, 09:00 AM
If youre going to tell me KG wasnt the most important player on that 08 team then youre probably one of those lebron-decision new fans
That must be it, since we're discussing 2008

sirkeelma
09-27-2012, 09:13 AM
a 36 year old NBA player compared to a player in his prime :oldlol:

Nero Tulip
09-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Garnett bullies the smallest players in the league, elbows players from behind and runs away like a little bitch when things get tough but somehow Bosh is the one who's revolting. OK.

NewYorkNoPicks
09-27-2012, 12:11 PM
That must be it, since we're discussing 2008

Look at the question... It doesnt specify a time period douchebag. Funny thing though to keep it as "now" as possible, last years Garnett on the Heat means sweep city for everyone else

Kblaze8855
09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
nevermind the fact that there are more english speakers in China than there are in America

anyways, Bosh is an elite forward (depending on your definition of elite), but KG's career >>>> Bosh's career

Kblaze i guess your definition of elite means you have to be the best forward in the game? because then that means there's only one elite forward because lebron is miles ahead of the rest of the league

No. My definition is...the ones generally used in society. The top level. Top group. Whatever you want to call it. You rank forward in a tier system....he is not in the top one. Lebron and Durant are. They are the elite forwards. And the only person in recent years to justify inclusion on that tier is Dirk. And he probably wasnt on it last year.

Bosh wasnt even all NBA...3rd team. He wasnt last year either. Or the year before that. Or the year before that. Or the year before that.

Hes a very good player. An all star. Elite? No. Calling Bosh an elite forward in a league with Lebron, Durant, and Dirk types is like calling Terry Cummings or James Worthy elite in a league with Barkley, Malone, and Bird or Shawn Marion elite in a league with KG, Dirk, and Duncan.

If there is an obvious level above you...elite is not the word to describe you. If someone wants to search for a definition to contradict that...be my guest. But that isnt how the word has been used in my experience.

longtime lurker
09-27-2012, 12:41 PM
"Heat" fans, during last season when the Heat were losing: "Lebron is the best player in the league, and Wade and Bosh both suck. He can't win a title with them, so trade both and put a real team around Lebron."

"Heat" fans AFTER the Heat won the 2012 Finals: "DID YOU SEE WHAT LEBRON DID?! That's why he's the best player in the league, playing with Wade, a Top 3 SG and Bosh, an elite power forward."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This. I swear Heat fans are the most retarded posters on this board with their level of idiocy. Even when presented with head to head matchups giving KG the edge they want to bring up irrelevant shit to try and make an argument. Heat fans are front runners just like their team, ready to give up when the odds are ridiculously stacked in their favour.

HiphopRelated
09-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Look at the question... It doesnt specify a time period douchebag. Funny thing though to keep it as "now" as possible, last years Garnett on the Heat means sweep city for everyone else
Why are you so emotional? KG wasn't some alpha dog, #1 option in '08

That's what I'm responding to. Also, KG with the "big 4" couldn't knock off Miami either year so where is this sweep city stuff coming from? Right now Bosh > KG, nothing else to discuss....but carry on with yourself if you choose to.

eliteballer
09-27-2012, 01:14 PM
No. My definition is...the ones generally used in society. The top level. Top group. Whatever you want to call it. You rank forward in a tier system....he is not in the top one. Lebron and Durant are. They are the elite forwards. And the only person in recent years to justify inclusion on that tier is Dirk. And he probably wasnt on it last year.

Bosh wasnt even all NBA...3rd team. He wasnt last year either. Or the year before that. Or the year before that. Or the year before that.

Hes a very good player. An all star. Elite? No. Calling Bosh an elite forward in a league with Lebron, Durant, and Dirk types is like calling Terry Cummings or James Worthy elite in a league with Barkley, Malone, and Bird or Shawn Marion elite in a league with KG, Dirk, and Duncan.

If there is an obvious level above you...elite is not the word to describe you. If someone wants to search for a definition to contradict that...be my guest. But that isnt how the word has been used in my experience.

I think when LeBron himself calls Bosh an elite forward...you're wrong:biggums:

GOBB
09-27-2012, 02:10 PM
I think when LeBron himself calls Bosh an elite forward...you're wrong:biggums:

So now we care what Lebron thinks? :roll:

HiphopRelated
09-27-2012, 02:43 PM
It's just funny to me watching them flip flop around, like a bunch of fishes that go washed up on shore by a high tide. Then what kills me, is that they still have the gall to try and deny what they said. Like we can't go back to the thread and see that in March they said "**** Wade/Bosh. But in June, when the Heat won, it's "DAMN.....you see what Wade was able to do on one knee, and Bosh was such a beast on the inside." Hilarious:oldlol:
Heat fans, Lebron fans and your hyperbole, learn to separate the 3

Mach_3
09-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Why are you so emotional? KG wasn't some alpha dog, #1 option in '08

That's what I'm responding to. Also, KG with the "big 4" couldn't knock off Miami either year so where is this sweep city stuff coming from? Right now Bosh > KG, nothing else to discuss....but carry on with yourself if you choose to.

Anchored the number 1 defensive team in the league. Easily the best defender in the L that year, lead the team in scoring in the playoffs, was the leading scorer in every 4th quarter in the finals and single handedly made Pau Gasol his b!tch in the finals and he wasn't the alpha dog? :rolleyes:

And he means they'd sweep everyone else because now the heat wouldn't have a cotton tissue soft front line.

Kblaze8855
09-27-2012, 03:01 PM
I think when LeBron himself calls Bosh an elite forward...you're wrong

What is he gonna say about a teammate and friend? That hes "Pretty good...not as good as me...but good"? What would make you expect him to give a teammate a fair evaluation? Lebrons history of blunt scandal making comments about current teammates?

Besides....Lebron does not decide what words mean.

I care as much about Lebron saying that as Shaq calling AI top 5 all time or Bill Russell listing Bob Petitt as equal to Michael Jordan. Jordan has called Pippen as good a player as is in the league. Doesnt make Pippen Hakeem.

eliteballer
09-27-2012, 03:26 PM
What is he gonna say about a teammate and friend? That hes "Pretty good...not as good as me...but good"? What would make you expect him to give a teammate a fair evaluation? Lebrons history of blunt scandal making comments about current teammates?

Besides....Lebron does not decide what words mean.

I care as much about Lebron saying that as Shaq calling AI top 5 all time or Bill Russell listing Bob Petitt as equal to Michael Jordan. Jordan has called Pippen as good a player as is in the league. Doesnt make Pippen Hakeem.

Shaq is known for hyperbole, no one's taking a lot of stuff he says seriously. The Russell and Jordan quotes are far more unreasonable than saying Bosh is an elite forward. By you're logic we shouldnt believe anything Russell or Jordan say. But we do believe some of it....because it's all relative.

Using blanket statements like that is just a way of trying to win an argument, not get to the truth...and you're smart enough to know that.

Ikill
09-27-2012, 03:41 PM
a 36 year old NBA player compared to a player in his prime :oldlol:
I don't think Bosh is in his prime anymore and its not only his stats going down his efficiency is worse and he's not as athletic as he used to be. It could be because more effort on defense so he doesn't have as much energy on offence.

Ikill
09-27-2012, 03:53 PM
In 2010 it was pretty close
Dirk 25/7.7/2.7/0.9/1 1.8 turnovers 57.8 ts
Bosh 24/10.8/2.4/0.6/1 2.4 turnovers 59.2 ts
Bosh scored better, rebounded better, and defended better that year

chips93
09-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Easily mocked yeah but I don't agree with easily hated. He always comes across as a chill, humble and classy dude. IMO someone like dwight is easy to hate on because of his fake cornball persona but even in that case using the word hate is pushing it a bit

i was thinking about this recently, how do you raptor fans feel about bosh?

his departure was kinda obvious, but at the same time, a lot of people questioned his heart towards the end of his time in toronto, that he was missing games from injury, that wasnt neccesary.

Legends66NBA7
09-27-2012, 05:00 PM
i was thinking about this recently, how do you raptor fans feel about bosh?

his departure was kinda obvious, but at the same time, a lot of people questioned his heart towards the end of his time in toronto, that he was missing games from injury, that wasnt neccesary.

chips93
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM

huh

kinda surprising, i was expected at least some hate.

Kblaze8855
09-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Shaq is known for hyperbole, no one's taking a lot of stuff he says seriously. The Russell and Jordan quotes are far more unreasonable than saying Bosh is an elite forward.

I assure you...more people felt Pippen was the best player in the NBA than feel bosh is on the same level as Lebron and Kevin Durant. And if he isnt..he isnt elite.

By you're logic we shouldnt believe anything Russell or Jordan say. But we do believe some of it....because it's all relative.

"By your logic" is coming up on the steve Kerr and Robert Horry rings argument for most consistently absurd statements on nba forums.

Its just...never true. Ever.

Ever.

Nothing I said could be taken to mean we should ignore everything Bill Russell and Michael Jordan says. It means....someone great saying something doesnt make it a fact. And that is all it means.

Using blanket statements like that is just a way of trying to win an argument, not get to the truth...and you're smart enough to know that.

Win an argument? The issue is if Chris Bosh is on the same level as the best forwards...if he isnt...he isnt elite. is that even an argument worth having?

No.

So...this is just about what the word elite means. If it means what...society generally seems to think it does...he isnt it. If you are gonna decide what the word means...fine. Anyone can be elite.

If elite doesnt mean...the top level of something....what does it mean? above average? Ok? Pretty good?

If elite doesnt mean elite...why say it?

Legends66NBA7
09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
huh

kinda surprising, i was expected at least some hate.

Raptor fans will still boo him when he comes to the ACC, but I don't think a lot of the hate, if any, died down. Especially after his final performance in the 2012 Finals. Maybe I'm just repping my fan base here, but Raptors fans recognize when a guy has earned his ring, by hard work.

I'm over having any hard feelings over him. Now, if Vince Carter won a ring, even in a lesser role... I don't know if the reactions would be the same if I make the same thread.

HEAT111
09-27-2012, 05:16 PM

bosh only played 12minutes. Stop kidding yourself.:roll: :roll: