PDA

View Full Version : The Wolves and Love get no respect on this board. We're gonna fight for the Finals.

stallionaire
09-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I feel like this place is an ESPN board with all the Love hazing. Just ****ing wait til' the season starts. A lot of revisionist shit is gonna spring up and people will automatically start saying they 'called it'. We're a top 5-6 seed. Guaranteed.

Love earned his 7th rank on ESPN as well. Nobody does what he does night in and out but obviously his impact is better complimented with someone as the POINTGUARD. Love is a machine and i have witnessed his entire career and can only tell you that he is a once in a lifetime type of player. he is due for greatness and he has dealt with the worst supporting casts ever.

Tell me who the BEST timberwolves player was in Love's career here in Minnesota? B-Easy? Pek despite how he was injured for a solid quarter of the season? Rubio even though he was out halfway thru? The same Rubio who had a horrible shooting %? Love has never played with an allstar.

And when Love DID play with everyone healthy, the team was 8th seeded with a .581 win record and climbing. There was no doubt that the playoffs were in our laps considering Utah snuck in with... 36 wins and the all injured Wolves ended with 26.

Tl;DR watch us knock out the lakers or thunder

IGOTGAME
09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
watching those games it looked like Rubio was just as important to their sucess as Love. I actually think the team would have performed better if Love got hurt last year and not Rubio.

ZeN
09-26-2012, 11:49 PM
We will give them credit when credit is due.

Up until this moment they haven't done shit, so they ain't getting shit.

Minny should be credited for putting together a great team.. But currently all they are is speculative potential.

Love was gripping about wanting his turn and that Minny needs to become competitive and make moves.. We'll that kind of crying expectations will naturally not be received well.

SpecialQue
09-26-2012, 11:51 PM
They haven't earned respect yet.

stallionaire
09-26-2012, 11:51 PM
watching those games it looked like Rubio was just as important to their sucess as Love. I actually think the team would have performed better if Love got hurt last year and not Rubio.

Yeah. Who needs 26 points and 15 rebounds? You're a ****ing retard.

Rubio went from being thrashed on this board to being now lauded as the 2nd coming of Christ.

offensively, Ricky Rubio is a ****ING SCRUB. He can't do shit. He flinches against 7 foot centers when he tries to penetrate the paint. He takes jumpers where you know he wishes he could just pass instead.

Rubio's impact came from setting others up for plays, he was top 5 assits and steals by the time he was injured.

That's it.

Stop pretending he's our team.

Love and Pek took us to much more victories than Rubio.

We have a lot of L's in Rubio's time on the Wolves because of how much of a terrible shooter is.

BankShot
09-26-2012, 11:56 PM
They haven't earned respect yet.

This.

Just like any other team, all it takes is a few goofy-ass Wolves fans to make us all look bad.

Lets makes sure our key players with injury issues (Rubio, Pekovic, Roy) are okay, and the new guys gel, before guaranteeing a mid-seed playoff berth. :facepalm

Simply making the playoffs would be a huge step forward for the franchise.

IGOTGAME
09-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Rubio went from being thrashed on this board to being now lauded as the 2nd coming of Christ.

offensively, Ricky Rubio is a ****ING SCRUB. He can't do shit. He flinches against 7 foot centers when he tries to penetrate the paint. He takes jumpers where you know he wishes he could just pass instead.

Rubio's impact came from setting others up for plays, he was top 5 assits and steals by the time he was injured.

That's it.

We have a lot of L's in Rubio's time on the Wolves because of how much of a terrible shooter is.

Damn, guess setting up others doesn't matter. Tell me, what was Pek doing before Rubio started spoon feeding him buckets to get his confidence going. Tell how was that defense after Rubio went down.

Rubio was just as important to that T-Wolves team as Love. He was the only one able to consistently create offense on the entire team. Love needs someone to create offense for him, he isn't Dirk. He isnt a guy that is making plays for his teammates.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Damn, guess setting up others doesn't matter. Tell me, what was Pek doing before Rubio started spoon feeding him buckets to get his confidence going. Tell how was that defense after Rubio went down.

I didn't downplay his impact, but to say that he has more impact than Love and Pek is idiotic. It just proves you don't watch the team at all, which is okay. I know a lot of people can't spend that time watching other teams play. I rarely watch the Lakers til' playoff time or marquee games.

IGOTGAME
09-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I didn't downplay his impact, but to say that he has more impact than Love and Pek is idiotic. It just proves you don't watch the team at all, which is okay. I know a lot of people can't spend that time watching other teams play. I rarely watch the Lakers til' playoff time or marquee games.

I actually watched most of the T-Wolves games last year. I was in several game threads. I watched almost every game Rubio played for them. I root for the team. I just don't think Kevin Love is what people are saying he is. I think he is a second option of a playoff team and a 3rd option on a championship team. No team with Kevin Love as the best player is ever doing anything.

Rubio was just as important as Love and more important than Pekovic. I think the team would have been fine without Love for those last games. They needed Rubio though. He is the only person on that team that can create.

ZeN
09-27-2012, 12:03 AM
He praises the teams future accomplishments and assures a high seed and then proceeds to disparage the team sans Love and says how awful and futile they are..lol..smh.

coin24
09-27-2012, 12:04 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

On paper champions:rockon:

Brb checking there successes over the last decade.:lol

Maga_1
09-27-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm stop reading your posts since you said Rubio does nothing on offense :lol

andgar923
09-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I feel like this place is an ESPN board with all the Love hazing. Just ****ing wait til' the season starts. A lot of revisionist shit is gonna spring up and people will automatically start saying they 'called it'. We're a top 5-6 seed. Guaranteed.

Love earned his 7th rank on ESPN as well. Nobody does what he does night in and out but obviously his impact is better complimented with someone as the POINTGUARD. Love is a machine and i have witnessed his entire career and can only tell you that he is a once in a lifetime type of player. he is due for greatness and he has dealt with the worst supporting casts ever.

Tell me who the BEST timberwolves player was in Love's career here in Minnesota? B-Easy? Pek despite how he was injured for a solid quarter of the season? Rubio even though he was out halfway thru? The same Rubio who had a horrible shooting %? Love has never played with an allstar.

And when Love DID play with everyone healthy, the team was 8th seeded with a .581 win record and climbing. There was no doubt that the playoffs were in our laps considering Utah snuck in with... 36 wins and the all injured Wolves ended with 26.

awww

EnoughSaid
09-27-2012, 12:07 AM
So let me get this straight... Your team is going to go from not making the playoffs the past 8 years into a top 5-6 seed team that has the potential to knock out the Thunder or Lakers? :roll: Love is not a guy that can carry a team.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:09 AM
He praises the teams future accomplishments and assures a high seed and then proceeds to disparage the team sans Love and says how awful and futile they are..lol..smh.

No. I'm just saying now we are loaded at where we need to be. We picked up Roy, Kirilenko, Budinger, Shved, Stiesma... we got scoring where we need it. We ranked 9th in 3pt attempts last season and were 26th in makes. We now have 3pt scorers.

Love was apart of a system that did not work until now.

Rubio, offensively, is bad unless he's passing the rock. HE is a lot of wasted posessions because of his shooting, this cannot be denied. This was COUNTERACTED by Pekovic because he LEAD THE LEAGUE in offensive rebounds last season.

Look up the stats. I'm honest about my team.

We had an excellent off-season.

KeyNote
09-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Dude..crawl before you walk

finish a season .500 or better first

then make it into the playoffs

then make a deep run in the playoffs

they're a ways away from the last 1 imo... finishing with a winning record is realistic though, and sneaking into the playoffs as an 7 or 8 seed is too

finals for them are seasons away though

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Respect in the NBA is arbitrary.

Look at the Knicks.

They have won 1 playoff game since the millienium and every thread on here is about them. The knicks ****ing suck.

LJJ
09-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Should be "The Wolves and Rubio get no respect", because despite all his rebounds and points Kevin Love's contributions still seem to remain utterly irrelevant to the outcome of games.

That's why the dude gets no respect.

EnoughSaid
09-27-2012, 12:17 AM

Look at the Knicks.

They have won 1 playoff game since the millienium and every thread on here is about them. The knicks ****ing suck.

They DO suck and people DO laugh and mock at them. The Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. Go check out that "excuses for when the Knicks win the championship" thread.

BlackVVaves
09-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Fight for the Finals? Fight for the Finals???

:roll:

KG215
09-27-2012, 12:22 AM
OP, how do you explain the T-Wolves 5-20 record after Rubio got hurt?

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
OP, how do you explain the T-Wolves 5-20 record after Rubio got hurt?

Never did I deny his imapact. Top 5 assists, top 5 steals.

kenny817
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM

On paper champions:rockon:

Brb checking there successes over the last decade.:lol

Shouldn't take long

BlackVVaves
09-27-2012, 12:25 AM
You want this board, or anyone period, to respect a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in 7-8 years? That's been one of the poorest run franchises in league history? That spent one whopping year as a true title contender?

Get over yourself dude.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Shouldn't take long
http://hardwoodhoudini.com/files/2012/05/kevin-garnett_wolves-kings_game-7_051904.jpg

then onto the WCF.

RRR3
09-27-2012, 12:27 AM
http://hardwoodhoudini.com/files/2012/05/kevin-garnett_wolves-kings_game-7_051904.jpg

then onto the WCF.
Love isn't KG. Not even close. Do NOT compare them.

kenny817
09-27-2012, 12:29 AM

then onto the WCF.

Then onto an ass beating

KG215
09-27-2012, 12:32 AM

then onto the WCF.

Yeah, someone already said it, but I really hope you aren't using that as some way to compare Love and Garnett. Current Love doesn't even kinda sorta come close to sniffing the vicinity of how good Garnett was in 2003-2004.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Love isn't KG. Not even close. Do NOT compare them.

He asked when the last time we did anything was. And I posted that picture. If you knew anything about the Wolves, that photo is from when we defeated the Kings...

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Yeah, someone already said it, but I really hope you aren't using that as some way to compare Love and Garnett. Current Love doesn't even kinda sorta come close to sniffing the vicinity of how good Garnett was in 2003-2004.

You guys seem to be comparing them two more than me. I just posted the picture of 'successes over last decade'.

That run itself is more wins than what the Knicks have compiled in the last 12 years.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
09-27-2012, 12:38 AM

fcuk off...u are 1 of the worst posters on this forum...cf86 is much better compared to u

coin24
09-27-2012, 12:54 AM
1 deep playoff run almost a decade ago:roll: :roll:

Yep,lock for title contenders :applause:

KG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Love so good luck with that..

TheBigVeto
09-27-2012, 01:27 AM

Unless Love changes his skin to black or proclaims that his mother is black, he'll never get respect.

Don't listen to the racist haters.

Fudge
09-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Respect :roll: :roll:

BuffaloBill
09-27-2012, 01:55 AM
The Wolves and Love get no respect on this board. We're gonna fight for the Finals.

Fight for a playoff seed first. Respect is earned not given.

maybeshewill13
09-27-2012, 02:04 AM
I'll give the TWolves respect when they earn it :cheers:

Trentknicks
09-27-2012, 02:07 AM
You guys seem to be comparing them two more than me. I just posted the picture of 'successes over last decade'.

That run itself is more wins than what the Knicks have compiled in the last 12 years.
Why are so insecure about the Knicks, you bring them up more than anyone else on this forum. The Knicks have at least made the playoffs the last 2 years, if Love as good as you say he is, he would have carried his team to the playoffs regardless of supporting cast.

The run in 03-04 was the ONLY thing the Wolves have ever done to prove they are an NBA worthy franchise. Sure the Knicks went 6 years without making the post season but they had a great team through the 90s, solid teams in the 80s and championship winning teams over the Wilt/West Lakers in the 70s. Keep talking sh!t all you like, because your mad your team has NEVER made it to the finals and you live in the worst part of the world. THREAD/.

OmniStrife
09-27-2012, 02:38 AM
When you say "fight for the finals", is that a metaphor for battling for the 8th seed?

bdreason
09-27-2012, 02:49 AM
By 'finals' do you mean final playoff spot? :oldlol:

Rubio2Gasol
09-27-2012, 02:51 AM
Love is meh

All I can hope ia that Pek will get posted more as hes a vastly superior low post scorer.There are shooters here now so Rubio actually has targets instead of Wes Johson and Beasley.

Love can continue to not close out other power forwards in favor of just standing under the Rim...that's fine...but he shouldnt be the focus of the offense.

5-26 without Rubio BTW...just marginally better than the mighty Boabcats.

NugzFan
09-27-2012, 02:56 AM

just another whiny homer thread :rolleyes:

the nuggets have "accomplished" and "earned" 10 times more than the wolves have in the last decade, yet you wont see a nugget fan make a post claiming even 10% of this. :oldlol:

OP comes across as very insecure.

NugzFan
09-27-2012, 02:58 AM

Look at the Knicks.

nice role model

ihoopallday
09-27-2012, 03:07 AM
At least we all know your second team is Miami. Just drop the Wolves and jump on the wagon already!:banana:

ripthekik
09-27-2012, 03:51 AM
:roll: :roll:
Love? the guy that statpads but doesn't influence the actual game at all? what was the record after rubio went out? oh it's been mentioned on the second page :roll:

love showed he has no heart and can't play defense at all in the olympics. got owned by paul gasol. he should just stick to what he does best.. grabbing random rebounds and shooting 3's :oldlol:

wait til rubio come back to run the show

ncrizzle
09-27-2012, 03:57 AM
You already made the finals. The most delusional homer on ISH finals. And you honestly might have CF86 beat. CHAMPION!!!!!!
:rockon:

Sakkreth
09-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Try playoffs, or atleast coming close first.

noosaman
09-27-2012, 05:08 AM
I really like the Wolves and i hope they can meet a deep push this season.

kurple
09-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Nuggets >> Wolves

bagelred
09-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Timberwolves in the Kevin Love era:

82 - 230

.263 Winning Percentage

Not one playoff game

chains5000
09-27-2012, 07:49 AM

82 - 230

.263 Winning Percentage

Not one playoff game

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gBOoWjU3wDI/UFdS9Y-9_wI/AAAAAAAADCQ/q-psML1GNqU/s1600/slow-clap-gif.gif

noosaman
09-27-2012, 08:14 AM

82 - 230

.263 Winning Percentage

Not one playoff game

No one except Dirk and Duncan could have taken those squads to the playoffs out West.

coin24
09-27-2012, 08:23 AM

82 - 230

.263 Winning Percentage

Not one playoff game

Pathetic:oldlol:

ripthekik
09-27-2012, 08:35 AM

82 - 230

.263 Winning Percentage

Not one playoff game

but but but.. he gets you 26 points and 15 rebounds!!

LakersFan626
09-27-2012, 08:39 AM

That's it.

After Rubio got injured, the Wolves went on a double digit LOSING streak, which most of the losses were blowouts... if Love was as good as you say he is, that wouldn't have happened. Not to mwntion that he shoots a poor percentage for a PF.

bagelred
09-27-2012, 08:40 AM
No one except Dirk and Duncan could have taken those squads to the playoffs out West.

:cry:

Bigsmoke
09-27-2012, 08:47 AM
The Lakers will beat the dogshit out of them in the first round.

poido123
09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
I believe this wolves team and their offseason signings is a big reason why they can be top 4 or 5 seed too. Ive seen all the posts on here, saying how Wolves cant based on their previous record, but you kinda have to reaccess that thinking when the talent in this team, and individual improvement is overwhelming.

They fixed their wing problem and added kirelenko, and they added a more than capable shooting guard in Roy, on top of that they got a talented Shved who many will start to appreciate once he plays games in the NBA. This team has depth and Pekovic is healed and lighter, and love is still getting better. There is a huge upside with this team for sure. top 4 or 5 seed is accurate prediction, they were on track for .500% last year, without all these additions, until rubio went down and pekovic had injuries.

Im a bulls fan, and Im against most opinions here, too many pessimists thats for sure.

R.I.P.
09-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Kevin Love gets enough love. He was just voted top 10 player above Dirk Nowitzki by ESPN.com. Nobody ever said if Jason Terry didn

Sarcastic
09-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Try playoffs, or atleast coming close first.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/15074_o.gif

Playoffs? Can we at least see them get to 35 wins?

Whoah10115
09-27-2012, 11:05 AM

That's it.

Now you're just talking like an idiot. Calm your ass down.

LikeABosh
09-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Love and Your Timberwolves will get respect when they earn it. As of right now, the Wolves are 82-230 since Kevin Love.

wally_world
09-27-2012, 11:23 AM
2 words

too white

Whoah10115
09-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Kevin Love is a great player, regardless of what the record has been so far...but man OP is getting him killed. And OP is being quite ignorant.

They will make the playoffs tho.

chips93
09-27-2012, 11:33 AM
I believe this wolves team and their offseason signings is a big reason why they can be top 4 or 5 seed too. Ive seen all the posts on here, saying how Wolves cant based on their previous record, but you kinda have to reaccess that thinking when the talent in this team, and individual improvement is overwhelming.

They fixed their wing problem and added kirelenko, and they added a more than capable shooting guard in Roy, on top of that they got a talented Shved who many will start to appreciate once he plays games in the NBA. This team has depth and Pekovic is healed and lighter, and love is still getting better. There is a huge upside with this team for sure. top 4 or 5 seed is accurate prediction, they were on track for .500% last year, without all these additions, until rubio went down and pekovic had injuries.

Im a bulls fan, and Im against most opinions here, too many pessimists thats for sure.

the thing with their wing aquisitions is that they are all relative unknowns.

kirilenko is 31, didnt play nba basketball last year, and his last year in the nba, he was nothing special. maybe he comes back rejuvenated, maybe not. same with roy, hes neer gonna be an all star like he was before, but maybe he cam be the guy he was in 2011, a good scorer (went off in the mavs in the playoffs), and shved was undrafted (iirc), seems to have pretty poor intangibles (russian coach yanked him in and out during the olympics, and often berated him in the bench).

if i were a minny fan, id be happy if one of the three reach their ceiling, but its pretty unreasonable to expect all 3 to fullfil their potential.

IGOTGAME
09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3voU2WCcAAo2V3.jpg

this man is on his way back to lead HIS team to the playoffs.

In case you forgot. Witness the truly elite all time passing talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flK0GrPsXp8

Clippersfan86
09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I agree with most of the posters in here that Rubio is the x factor, not Love. We've seen Love now put up two statistically dominate seasons that hasn't translated to shit. Yet the Wolves were at their best when Rubio was running the show. People talk about how bad his scoring is but that's not why he has such an immense impact.

His ball pressure, playing the passing lanes and involving teammates in a way maybe 3 other guys in the NBA can is what makes him special. Dude is a serious passing prodigy. Only more gifted playmakers in the game right now are Rondo, Nash and CP3 IMO. I think Rubio has a legit chance to be a 12+ apg perennial type of passer for the duration of his prime.

I was a huge doubter but he's truly a special player and I'd LOVE him on my team as would most people.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 01:51 PM
It's difficult talking about the Wolves here because I know 90% of this thread has seen less than 2 games of them.

Clippersfan86
09-27-2012, 02:00 PM
It's difficult talking about the Wolves here because I know 90% of this thread has seen less than 2 games of them.

You don't even need to see 30 Wolves games last year to know that Rubio had a bigger on court impact. There is so much evidence for that that it's staggering. With Rubio in lineup Wolves on pace for 7th or 8th seed finish... Rubio goes down, Love's stats improve to end season BUT team goes 5-27 or w/e. What are we missing? It's this clear cut and obvious. Love's had now two dominant seasons numbers wise and yet finished in the lottery both years.

No player in NBA history that I'm aware of has put up Love's numbers and NOT made the playoffs, especially for this many consecutive years.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
You don't even need to see 30 Wolves games last year to know that Rubio had a bigger on court impact. There is so much evidence for that that it's staggering. With Rubio in lineup Wolves on pace for 7th or 8th seed finish... Rubio goes down, Love's stats improve to end season BUT team goes 5-27 or w/e. What are we missing? It's this clear cut and obvious. Love's had now two dominant seasons numbers wise and yet finished in the lottery both years.

No player in NBA history that I'm aware of has put up Love's numbers and NOT made the playoffs, especially for this many consecutive years.

You're neglecting our supporting cast. The Wolves have THE WORST supporting cast in the last couple seasons. I'd wager that a good chunk of players taht Love played with won't be in the league in the next couple seasons... Randolph, Johnson, Tolliver, Miller, Milicic, no-effort Beasley etc. Like WTF?

Rubio complemented Love, but that doesn't take away the fact that the rest of the players are bad.

Also you're talking pointguard, arguably the most important aspect of the team. Rubio helped EVERYONE improve. Why wouldn't his impact be relative to Loves who gave us the points and boards to STAY IN THE GAME?

I'm about to quit this shithole and go to realgm. You guys don't know shit about Wolves basketball.

RRR3
09-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Even if the Wolves miracously made the finals (assuming like 8 teams in the WCF stop existing rofl) you really don't want to watch LeBron and Wade abuse your interior defense the way they would.

IGOTGAME
09-27-2012, 03:09 PM
You're neglecting our supporting cast. The Wolves have THE WORST supporting cast in the last couple seasons. I'd wager that a good chunk of players taht Love played with won't be in the league in the next couple seasons... Randolph, Johnson, Tolliver, Miller, Milicic, no-effort Beasley etc. Like WTF?

Rubio complemented Love, but that doesn't take away the fact that the rest of the players are bad.

Also you're talking pointguard, arguably the most important aspect of the team. Rubio helped EVERYONE improve. Why wouldn't his impact be relative to Loves who gave us the points and boards to STAY IN THE GAME?

I'm about to quit this shithole and go to realgm. You guys don't know shit about Wolves basketball.

The team was not bad.

Rubio did make everyone better. Love does not do this. This isn't a powerforward vs. a point guard thing either. Top powerforwards make their teammates better. Look at guys like Duncan, KG, CWebb, Barkley, Dirk etc. Kevin Love is going out their getting his stats and not using his skill set to lessen the load on his teammates.

How many times do you see Kevin Love attract a double team and hit the open man. Or do you see a weak side defender shifting over to KLove before he has the ball. Guy isn't distorting defenses. What makes it worst is that he is a bad defender.

stallionaire
09-27-2012, 03:14 PM
The team was not bad.

Rubio did make everyone better. Love does not do this. This isn't a powerforward vs. a point guard thing either. Top powerforwards make their teammates better. Look at guys like Duncan, KG, CWebb, Barkley, Dirk etc. Kevin Love is going out their getting his stats and not using his skill set to lessen the load on his teammates.

How many times do you see Kevin Love attract a double team and hit the open man. Or do you see a weak side defender shifting over to KLove before he has the ball. Guy isn't distorting defenses. What makes it worst is that he is a bad defender.

Kevin Love is a great passing bigman and he DOES attract a double team. Hilarious, THIS is how I know you don't watch the team. I'm done responding to you about it. Troll.

IGOTGAME
09-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Kevin Love is a great passing bigman and he DOES attract a double team. Hilarious, THIS is how I know you don't watch the team. I'm done responding to you about it. Troll.
I watched over 40 wolves games last year. Go ask twolves fans on here. Was in most gamethreads.

Ikill
09-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Never did I deny his imapact. Top 5 assists, top 5 steals.
Well Rubio has more impact shouldn't that make him the better player

chips93
09-27-2012, 04:51 PM

but they were great with love and rubio, and bad with just love.

we havent seen them without love and with rubio. only then, if they were successful without love, with rubio, could you really make this case.

maybe rubio is more impactful, but the method you are using to evaluate the situation isnt fair to love imo

Clippersfan86
09-27-2012, 04:54 PM
but they were great with love and rubio, and bad with just love.

we havent seen them without love and with rubio. only then, if they were successful without love, with rubio, could you really make this case.

maybe rubio is more impactful, but the method you are using to evaluate the situation isnt fair to love imo

Fair enough. Just think it's weird that Love has all time great stats and can't get his team out of the lottery.

noosaman
09-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Rubio will easily be the league's best pg within 3 seasons if he can recover from his torn ACL

Rubio2Gasol
09-27-2012, 06:19 PM
When is Kevin Love going to start closing out guys, instead of waiting under the rim for a rebound.

I mean, it's not like he doesn't have Pek under there, wtf is he doing.

Kevin Love
09-27-2012, 06:58 PM
What kind of moron uses hash tags on a message board?

Stop making us Wolves fans look bad by making hyperbolic statements about our team.

Rubio will easily be the league's best pg within 3 seasons if he can recover from his torn ACL

You wouldn't say that if he was black

IGOTGAME
09-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Here are some updates of Ricky Rubios progress. Looks like he may not be back until January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBgBbqcDMZc

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/171631471.html?refer=y&refer=y

another video with the article. Seems like he is handling this very well. Hopefully these guys can hold the fort down.

FireDavidKahn
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Here are some updates of Ricky Rubios progress. Looks like he may not be back until January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBgBbqcDMZc

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/171631471.html?refer=y&refer=y

another video with the article. Seems like he is handling this very well. Hopefully these guys can hold the fort down.
January is an absolutely worst case scenario, he will realistically be back in mid December.

FireMcFailPlease
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
lol @ askin a bunch of internet geeks for respect

Cone
09-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Love is the most overrated player of all time.

He gets stats but he does nothing. So sad how ppl say he's the best PF.

Rubio is the best player on the team.

Love has proven he can never be the #1 option on a playoff team.

FireMcFailPlease
09-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Love is the most overrated player of all time.

He gets stats but he does nothing. So sad how ppl say he's the best PF.

Rubio is the best player on the team.

Love has proven he can never be the #1 option on a playoff team.
you are an idiot.

love has had 2 of the worst coaches of all time, wittman and rambis his first 3 years in the league. last year they were in the playoff hunt until rubios injury, meanwhile the entire main core of the team was really young.

you dont go from the cellar, to the top overnight unless you trade for 3 other superstars.

DStebb716
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
they were 22 and a million last year. pipe it.

Fiasco
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
fighting for the Finals? ... didn't realize picks in the lottery were that intense. Would the finals be #1 overall? If so I support OP 100%

stallionaire
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
bump

Trentknicks
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
bump
Maybe you should stick to making threads about the Heat sweeping the Celtics and james harden becoming a timberwolf.

You must be bored, but you live in Minnesota, I can see why you mad.

Sammyzuko
11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
bump
I'm surprised how much you're downplaying Rubio's contribution last season. I agree with the guy who said Rubio had a larger impact on the team's success than Love did. Rubio was getting it done on both ends of the floor, while Love was busy complaining about calls and not getting back on defense. Don't get me wrong, they're both excellent players, but what Rubio brings to the team is irreplaceable.

I also feel that Rubio's shooting is under-rated. He had some confidence issues with his shot last season, but as he gets more comfortable in the league, his consistency will improve.

I expect the Wolves to surprise a lot of people this year. They have revamped most of their squad, while maintaining Rubio, Love, and Pek. All of their new additions are HUGE improvements.

OmniStrife
11-02-2012, 11:53 AM
This.

Just like any other team, all it takes is a few goofy-ass Wolves fans to make us all look bad.

Lets makes sure our key players with injury issues (Rubio, Pekovic, Roy) are okay, and the new guys gel, before guaranteeing a mid-seed playoff berth. :facepalm

Simply making the playoffs would be a huge step forward for the franchise.
:cheers:

I feel ya bro... We've got SunsCaptain. :facepalm

RRR3
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I like how Stallionaire became the Mod of the Wolves board over someone like BankShot :oldlol:

Wally450
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
The only thing they'll be fighting for is the 8th seed

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:24 AM
lol

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Just ****ing wait til' the season starts. A lot of revisionist shit is gonna spring up and people will automatically start saying they 'called it'. We're a top 5-6 seed. Guaranteed.

:cheers: :cheers:

maybeshewill13
11-10-2012, 03:09 AM
:cheers: :cheers:
You're right.. 5 games into the season and it's blatantly obvious the Wolves are making the finals. :sleeping

ripthekik
11-10-2012, 07:58 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3rq22o.jpg

Trentknicks
05-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Haven't seen op around much lately :rolleyes:

Parps
05-06-2013, 10:56 AM

great bump! lol

stallionaire
11-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Championship Cruise Baby

TMT
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Too many white guys for success in the NBA, tbh... :oldlol:

On a serious note though, they should worry about making the postseason before looking for success in it.

Horde of Temujin
11-11-2013, 10:56 AM

How about them Knicks?