PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 13 CANCELLED

DStebb716
09-27-2012, 04:29 PM
We all saw this coming...

http://go.ign.com/Qs0gnP

Shade8780
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
EA :facepalm Talking about EA, can't wait to get FIFA 13 tomorrow :lol Anybody else getting/have it?

Heavincent
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
:roll:

DStebb716
EA :facepalm Talking about EA, can't wait to get FIFA 13 tomorrow :lol Anybody else getting/have it?

I'll be getting it a little down the road. Probably the best sports game year in and year out

Haymaker
I don't get it. Why cancel it? They should sell it for cheap in order to recoup some of the money invested. They should fire whoever is in charge of the game development and hire some real pros.

Rake2204
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM
My first instinct is to laugh at this news because from the outside looking in, it's been just one huge disaster after another for EA's basketball team these last few years.

On the flip side, I really do think it'd be nice to someday see another company's legitimate take on the game of basketball again. But I'm totally on both sides of the fence here. I want EA to really put some time in and create an awesome product, but then it's just kind of hilarious to watch them flim flam all about. I mean, they announced an indefinite delay on the same day they released their trailer. Who does that?

CeltsGarlic
09-27-2012, 04:50 PM
My first instinct is to laugh at this news because from the outside looking in, it's been just one huge disaster after another for EA's basketball team these last few years.

On the flip side, I really do think it'd be nice to someday see another company's legitimate take on the game of basketball again. But I'm totally on both sides of the fence here. I want EA to really put some time in and create an awesome product, but then it's just kind of hilarious to watch them flim flam all about. I mean, they announced an indefinite delay on the same day they released their trailer. Who does that?

Thats what they had been doing but somehow failed.

Dictator
09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
:lol

swi7ch
09-27-2012, 04:55 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

EA's basketball franchise has been irrelevant since 2K's series came out! Now all we need is for their NFL monopoly to end so 2K can make a proper NFL game! :bowdown:

Heavincent
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

EA's basketball franchise has been irrelevant since 2K's series came out! Now all we need is for their NFL monopoly to end so 2K can make a proper NFL game! :bowdown:

A new 2K NFL game would blow Madden away. I don't think EA is losing that license any time soon though.

MiamiThrice
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I used to love NBA Live when i was younger, the last one I got was 2004 or 2005 I think with Melo on the cover. Didn't know the franchise got discontinued.

Rake2204
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
A new 2K NFL game would blow Madden away. I don't think EA is losing that license any time soon though.I think the exclusive license ends in 2013, so I'll be curious to see if the NFL just mindlessly re-ups or once again introduces other competitors.

embersyc
09-27-2012, 05:08 PM
They should fire whoever is in charge of the game development and hire some real pros.

Why would any real pros want to work on a game that has been made 30 times already?

ihoopallday
09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
They should make another NBA Street. Those games were fun!

Calabis
09-27-2012, 05:13 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Exactly, tired of that garbage Madden crap

niko
09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
go to video games forum, a few of us have it..

shoops
09-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Dafuq??? Wow lol, fail... I thought they were releasing it somewhat soon, even in its downloadable, shitty form. :hammerhead:

Walker
09-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Well at least EA are willing to admit they suck and not release buggy PoS games.

Too bad 2k doesn't take that route too, their games have been utter trash for the last 3 years, anyone who can't admit that is just a sadcase fanboy...

maybeshewill13
09-27-2012, 11:28 PM
HAHAHAHA OMG! AGAIN?! :roll: Oh man the millions and millions of dollars gone into that game WASTED :roll:

Meticode
09-27-2012, 11:29 PM
They'll probably save money doing so.

bluechox2
09-28-2012, 12:08 AM
PES is better

Noob Saibot
09-28-2012, 12:16 AM
how the mighty have fallen. I remember playing NBA Live like it was yesterday. :cry:

flipogb
09-28-2012, 12:27 AM
are they gonna keep making a game only to cancel it every time NBA 2k shows up better than before?

jbot
09-28-2012, 12:29 AM
didn't they fire a bunch of people and started with new developers? now they cancel it. wow, what a waste of $.

Fiasco
09-28-2012, 12:30 AM
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

detroitdogg
09-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Probably the biggest epic fail in disc media entertainment ever, that covers a lot of shyt lol. 2 out of 3 years yo shyt gets canceled, wtf, how is that possible. Out of all mass entertainment shyt in the history of life, I dont think any product ever was canceled twice with a free year in between, its like they took a break to get canceled again lmao. All these people who produced the game over these last few years still get paid too lmao. They gotta all be 2k spies of some shyt, failure like this has to be forced......... Right?

DirtySanchez
09-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Damn shame.....NBA Live was the best BBall game for a minute and now it has come to this. Tisk tisk EA.

G-train
09-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Well at least EA are willing to admit they suck and not release buggy PoS games.

Too bad 2k doesn't take that route too, their games have been utter trash for the last 3 years, anyone who can't admit that is just a sadcase fanboy...

2K12 is best basketball game ever created.
2k13, going off the demo, seems even better.
Far, and I mean FAR from 'utter trash'.

G-train
09-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Damn shame.....NBA Live was the best BBall game for a minute and now it has come to this. Tisk tisk EA.

It was the best until 2K came out.

:confusedshrug:

Myth
09-28-2012, 02:33 AM
They should just give up on making actual relevant basketball games and go the NBA Jam route of just using new players in the old format of the game. I know I would be interested in playing as LeBron and Co. on NBA Live 95.

Myth
09-28-2012, 02:33 AM
It was the best until 2K came out.

:confusedshrug:

I'd say there were at least a year or 2 when the Kobe's Courtside games were best.

Noof
09-28-2012, 02:36 AM
Looooool. They're so dumb, they based the game off of NBA Elite when they could've based it off of Live 10 instead.

Yep, got it on Tuesday. Played a ton of it today, I'm pretty bad. :lol

flipogb
09-28-2012, 02:36 AM
Probably the biggest epic fail in disc media entertainment ever, that covers a lot of shyt lol. 2 out of 3 years yo shyt gets canceled, wtf, how is that possible. Out of all mass entertainment shyt in the history of life, I dont think any product ever was canceled twice with a free year in between, its like they took a break to get canceled again lmao. All these people who produced the game over these last few years still get paid too lmao. They gotta all be 2k spies of some shyt, failure like this has to be forced......... Right?

id say its the biggest fail outside of Duke Nukem

Walker
09-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Stop drinking the coolaid dude.
A game that can't even get something so simple as the passing mechanics correct (the devs even admitted this) is far from the best Basketball game ever.
I could literally write an essay on how many problems 2k's NBA games have had recently but why bother, blind fanboys will always be blind..

Al Thornton
09-28-2012, 02:51 AM

are you really gonna try and say 2k9 > 2k12? or live 10 > 2k12? are these actual thoughts you have?

97 bulls
09-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Funny thing is, I remember when 2K used to be the red headed step child between the two. Then they decided to sell their game for 20 bucks. That was the greatest business decision since Henry Ford and his theory on paying his worker a live in wage

BankShot
09-28-2012, 03:06 AM

So you're saying 2kSports should take EA's lead and also not release their NBA game?

You do know that means there wouldn't be a simulation-style NBA game for this current season.... right??? :facepalm

Walker
09-28-2012, 03:13 AM
are you really gonna try and say 2k9 > 2k12? or live 10 > 2k12? are these actual thoughts you have?
Live 2000 actually. In terms of gameplay, the only thing I care about, that was the game that had the perfect control.

monkeypox
09-28-2012, 04:09 AM
You knew they were in trouble when the first thing they talked about was how many man hours they spent on the players faces. seriously? It sounds like they went through the list of things people didn't like about the recent 2k games and tried to improve them with mixed results... then turned around and realized the rest of the game was still garbage. At e3 the press lady in charge of the Live theater practically threw herself in font of the door to keep people from seeing the game. It's that bad.

BankShot
09-28-2012, 04:11 AM
You knew they were in trouble when the first thing they talked about was how many man hours they spent on the players faces.

Really?? That was my biggest gripe about the Live franchise towards the end of its run... the faces simply weren't realistic enough.

Better faces = ultimate gaming experience :rockon:

Toizumi
09-28-2012, 04:34 AM

:no: NBA Street 2 for arcade gameplay and NBA Live 2000 for sim gameplay (lots of jumpshots and realistic stats).. The animations weren't great of course, but the game was.

Beatlezz
09-28-2012, 04:44 AM
R.I.P

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/917396/bynum.png

swi7ch
09-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Stop drinking the coolaid dude.
A game that can't even get something so simple as the passing mechanics correct (the devs even admitted this) is far from the best Basketball game ever.
I could literally write an essay on how many problems 2k's NBA games have had recently but why bother, blind fanboys will always be blind..

This dude says 2K is a bad game and yet, it has singlehandedly put a basketball game franchise (NBA Live) out for 2 years in a row now! 2K is such a good game that EA has decided not to release their game for 2 straight years now even though money has already been spent to make it! Imagine all the millions they've wasted for 2 years now just because they know (after playing 2K demo) that their game just won't sell enough to justify public release because there's a superior game out (2K).

I wish I could make a "bad" game like that.

Rake2204
09-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Funny thing is, I remember when 2K used to be the red headed step child between the two. Then they decided to sell their game for 20 bucks. That was the greatest business decision since Henry Ford and his theory on paying his worker a live in wageIt was a great move, but I think they would have broke through regardless, just perhaps slightly later than they did.

2K's had a great product from the start. I was an NBA Live player until my friend and I rented Live 2002 and saw the entire basket stanchion nearly shake to the ground on a one hand Steve Francis dunk. At that point, we thought it was time to try out the game that'd looked so nice in the SLAM magazine advertisements. NBA 2K2 ended up being spectacular and contrary to NBA Live '02, it was realistic. They just happened to have brand recognition fighting against them.

With that said, ESPN NBA Basketball 2004 (NBA 2K4) was a wreck, as 2K attempted to copy Live (and did a horrible job of it) but each other edition has seemed to be on point.

Dwade305
09-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Live 2000 actually. In terms of gameplay, the only thing I care about, that was the game that had the perfect control.
Live 2000 was the best game for over close to a decade for me for that reason alone, and even up until 2007 you can find updated rosters and patches for that game online.

Cant say the gameplay is better than 2k12 though. Get with the times bro, there was glitches in live 2000 too( guards dunking like Shaq, too easy to make 3pters, turbo+ shootiung made you shoot this glitchy quick unstoppable shot). No sports game is perfect, and there is no unstoppable(chesee) moves in 2k12. Lebron, Rose, Melo, Durant, all have different ways of being contained. Kobe is a lil too beastly:oldlol: , but there ways to stop him too. The only beef with the passing is that the computer moves sometimes at the wrong times, No reason why Jimmer should be cutting in instead of just spotting up aroudn the perimeter.

Segatti
09-28-2012, 12:37 PM
2k12 has so many bugs, so many flaws... I'm waiting to buy the game this years, I'll not be fooled by a good presentation again.

DStebb716
09-28-2012, 03:49 PM
lololol got negged for this. some real ***** on the boards these days.

Swaggin916
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I would be down to try it. Madden used to be the absolute greatest game ever and then they completely ruined it and it's living on reputation or something I just retards that don't know how great it was pre 360. Now Fifa is the best game... and 2k isn't far behind. Oh well I could care less I have only an hour or so a day to play video games and many days I don't play at all so having 2 games to play is more than enough.

JellyBean
09-28-2012, 04:53 PM
They might as well call it quits with basketball. NBA Live was the stuff until 2K brought the game of hoops to a whole different level. The last time I got an NBA Live game was the one with T-Mac on the cover...'06-'07 range.

Kiddlovesnets
09-28-2012, 06:16 PM
The last NBA Live game I got was NBA Live 08 with Gilbert Arenas on the cover. It was complete trash, words cant describe how embarrassing it was. Then NBA 2K8 came to rescue and I did not ever try on NBA Live ever since. I've heard people talking about how NBA Live has improved since that epic fail in 2008, but looks like they are still nowhere close to 2K's level. Now they are quitting the market for a while, or for good who knows?

97 bulls
09-28-2012, 07:16 PM
The last NBA Live game I got was NBA Live 08 with Gilbert Arenas on the cover. It was complete trash, words cant describe how embarrassing it was. Then NBA 2K8 came to rescue and I did not ever try on NBA Live ever since. I've heard people talking about how NBA Live has improved since that epic fail in 2008, but looks like they are still nowhere close to 2K's level. Now they are quitting the market for a while, or for good who knows?
The last time I played NBA live, my friend scored 95 points with Latrell Sprewell on the Knicks. We were playing 8 minutes quarters.

G-train
09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
:no: NBA Street 2 for arcade gameplay and NBA Live 2000 for sim gameplay (lots of jumpshots and realistic stats).. The animations weren't great of course, but the game was.

You 2 have gone full retard. Firstly Toistupidi, I am obviously talking sims.

Now set up 2 screens next to each other and watch Live 2000 against 2k12.
Play both, touch both, watch both, smell both.

How stupid can you get. Sorry you cant throw 80 foot passes thru 3 defenders anymore. :facepalm

Rake2204
09-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Live 2000 actually. In terms of gameplay, the only thing I care about, that was the game that had the perfect control.I actually just had an opportunity to play NBA Live 2000 again recently. I'd be surprised if you still felt the same about its controls if you played it again, particularly in comparison to NBA 2K13. I certainly had fun with it back then though. It was the last Live I owned before switching over to 2K. It's just tough to go from the breadth of controls we have today back to something where your control options were shoot, pass, drift 8 feet sideways while shooting, and mega jump block: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVfYFcBTyA#t=1m20s

MeLO MvP 15
10-01-2012, 01:03 AM
2K12 was a good game, HOWEVER.... 2K11 has MUCH better gameplay.

I think it's guaranteed that 2k13 will be better, it's just a matter of it having the same (or better) gameplay as 2k11. But it looks like it's got a bigger difference from 2k12 than 12 had from 11.

MeLO MvP 15
10-01-2012, 01:06 AM
I actually just had an opportunity to play NBA Live 2000 again recently. I'd be surprised if you still felt the same about its controls if you played it again, particularly in comparison to NBA 2K13. I certainly had fun with it back then though. It was the last Live I owned before switching over to 2K. It's just tough to go from the breadth of controls we have today back to something where your control options were shoot, pass, drift 8 feet sideways while shooting, and mega jump block: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVfYFcBTyA#t=1m20s
I don't remember live 2000, I remember 2001 with KG on the cover and NBA 2k (the first few ones with AI on the covers). I remember I was always into NBA street 2 when all those games were out, maybe it was because I was younger.... but that always had the best gameplay.

skan72
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM

Did you get fired from 2k? Shitty deal, bro.

Rake2204
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't remember live 2000, I remember 2001 with KG on the cover and NBA 2k (the first few ones with AI on the covers). I remember I was always into NBA street 2 when all those games were out, maybe it was because I was younger.... but that always had the best gameplay.I loved NBA Street Vol. 2 when it was first out. I actually liked the original NBA Street as well. However, even with those games, they seem a little primitive when playing them now.

I mean, perhaps if we sat down and committed time only to NBA Street Vol. 2, maybe some of the magic would come back with time. But after playing the games we have now, NBA Street just seems a little limited. Even back then, I think there was a point where it became a little bland, in a little of a, "Okay, another game to 21 where I need to build up to my Gamebreaker early by pressing buttons randomly so I can pocket that Gamebreaker for a Double Gamebreaker" type of way. There wasn't a ton of variance there, which was kind of the point, but it obviously limits it in comparison to modern NBA games.

LJJ
10-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I loved NBA Street Vol. 2 when it was first out. I actually liked the original NBA Street as well. However, even with those games, they seem a little primitive when playing them now.

I mean, perhaps if we sat down and committed time only to NBA Street Vol. 2, maybe some of the magic would come back with time. But after playing the games we have now, NBA Street just seems a little limited. Even back then, I think there was a point where it became a little bland, in a little of a, "Okay, another game to 21 where I need to build up to my Gamebreaker early by pressing buttons randomly so I can pocket that Gamebreaker for a Double Gamebreaker" type of way. There wasn't a ton of variance there, which was kind of the point, but it obviously limits it in comparison to modern NBA games.

Playing NBA Street 2 now will make you appreciate how far 2k has brought videogame basketball these days.

The game has become so intricate and complicated. They succeed in so many different ways. When not even the biggest publisher in the world can come up with a somewhat competitive product in three years of development you know you did something right.

gasolina
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Live 2000 was good. I played it on the PS. This is the one with Tim Duncan on the cover right?

But to compare it with 2k12 is just idiotic.

Off very vague memory from 12 years ago, issues with Live 2000:

1. Players seemed to slide around.
2. You can abuse the triangle button (fake back down to baseline drive)
3. The game had no notion of dual positions. I think Latrell Sprewell was a SG and Larry Johnson a SF. Camby was a PF. You could not play a Camby - LJ - Sprewell - Houston - Ward lineup without the computer subbing in Chris Dudley and Kurt Thomas.

Brunch@Five
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
NBA Live 2000 was the one I played most, Live clearly took a step backwards 2001 and 2002, after that I stopped buying/playing.

Dwade305
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Live 2000 for PC was the shit. SO many patches online to customize/update rosters, players, jerseys, even arena music lol etc. That game stayed in rotation till about 05, when the online community died.....It was definitely sad that Live never came out with a game like that one. Btw hated those 2k games for Dreamcast, felt robotic as **** and too hard to make a jumpshot.