:oldlol:

also would need this caption this new pic from media day heat 2012
http://i.imgur.com/4xiqN.jpg

Knicksfever2010
09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
ray allen is probably happy after watching the way KG drinks water

9erempiree
09-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Ray Allen's such a b!tch if you really think about it.

He goes and joins the enemy. Pretty pathetic and sad to be honest with you.

Levity
09-28-2012, 03:59 PM
its nice to see that a 36 year old Kevin Garnett can put petty differences aside....

KyrieTheFuture
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Talk about butt hurt

clipps
09-28-2012, 04:21 PM

I think there are worse things in life.

guy
09-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Doubt he's serious. I'm pretty sure I've heard that they've been friends since they were like teenagers.

I seriously can't remember the last time a "can't blame them, join them" move was this bad. Its happened before, but most of the time there's years its been at least a year or more since the last time they played that other team. This is the team that literally beat them the last 2 years.

tikay0
09-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Ray allen's a bitch, plain and simple. Lost all respect for him.

swi7ch
09-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Allen will have AT LEAST one more ring than KG when both are retired.

Rockets(T-mac)
09-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Yea Ray signing with Miami, made me lose some respect for him, out of all the teams Miami?

And yea like someone said, KG and ray have been friends for a long time, I'd be shocked if this cut that off.

ballup
09-28-2012, 04:43 PM
KG takes competition pretty seriously. When you aren't on his side, you are his enemy.

Eric Cartman
09-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Living it up in South Beach. Besides it is the best chance to win a title. Isn't that supposed to be the most important thing?

v-unit
09-28-2012, 04:55 PM
It just means he doesn't plan on talking with him anymore. It doesn't mean they don't like each other anymore.

DJ Leon Smith
09-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Living it up in South Beach. Besides it is the best chance to win a title. Isn't that supposed to be the most important thing?

No, competition is supposed to be the most important thing. Otherwise everyone who doesn't have a ring should just rotate one year minimum wage contracts on whatever team has the most talent to get a ring before they retire. It's also why LeBron's first title has received a relatively "meh" reaction compared to the first title of guys like Jordan, Shaq and Kobe (post-Shaq version).

Levity
09-28-2012, 05:06 PM
One of Ray Allen's biggest reason for leaving boston was he felt he lacked a certain deserved respect. If that truly is the case, I don't see why this forum is so hard on him. If your employer didnt give you the respect you felt you deserved, you wouldnt look for a new job?

SIRI1
09-28-2012, 05:11 PM
They'd pretty much traded him and given away his starting spot, yet people think he should have stayed with them. Just dont get it.

And the only teams to contact him this off-season were the Clippers, Grizzlies and Heat, and the Clippers backed out after signing Jamal Crawford, so its not like he had many options.

Rubio2Gasol
09-28-2012, 05:14 PM
One of Ray Allen's biggest reason for leaving boston was he felt he lacked a certain deserved respect. If that truly is the case, I don't see why this forum is so hard on him. If your employer didnt give you the respect you felt you deserved, you wouldnt look for a new job?

Offered him a no trade clause :confusedshrug:

PJR
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Fake hustle.

Metroid
09-28-2012, 07:53 PM
ray allen is probably happy after watching the way KG drinks water

I just watched that a few seconds ago before I came here.

upside24
09-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Great post.

mark
09-28-2012, 07:59 PM

yeah intentionally irritating Boston, he must have left pissed..... doubt he would have signed with anyone else.

Nash
09-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Also, people seem to forget that Ray Allen's family are all settled and living in Florida.

inclinerator
09-28-2012, 08:13 PM
lebron looks like an action figure in that pic

longtime lurker
09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
KG is a true competitor :applause: People need to stop getting things twisted, it's not that Ray Allen left the Celtics it's that he went to a bitter rival that just knocked his team out of the playoffs.

Money 23
09-28-2012, 08:42 PM
lebron looks like an action figure in that pic
Seriously ...

JohnnySic
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/605.jpg

PJR
09-28-2012, 08:49 PM
http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/605.jpg

KG's 'victim'? The **** is he going to do? :oldlol: :confusedshrug:

wang4three
09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
KG's being a bitch. Stop taking this so seriously.

wang4three
09-28-2012, 08:57 PM
KG's 'victim'? The **** is he going to do? :oldlol: :confusedshrug:

Beat up on the Heat's shortest player on the court.

Bucket_Nakedz
09-28-2012, 08:58 PM
i love it!!!

PJR
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Beat up on the Heat's shortest player on the court.

Norris Cole would body KG. :oldlol:

NewYorkNoPicks
09-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Bitch move by Ray

He already had a ring. Its not as if he was on his last legs and wanted to grab a ring before its all over

You only need 1 ring for validation, joining the enemy for a chance at another is a move by a weak unloyal individual

And 1
09-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Are we still debating the Ray Allen move around here? Geez.

KG is trying to focus on beating the Heat. He clearly knows it's a difficult task, and that there should be no distractions under any circumstances. :applause:

LakersReign
09-29-2012, 12:39 AM

I'm speaking for myself, but I don't think that's the real issue. For me, the issue is how he went about it. I get that he felt slighted by the Celtic FO, for shopping him. But at the same time, he started tweeting and making comments about possibly going to Miami, only a few weeks after the Finals. You just got beat in the ECF by a rival team and then a few weeks later they win the Finals. And here you are tweeting about going to that same team? I'm not saying he had no right to sign with whomever, all I'm saying is, he could've gone about it in a different way.

SourPatchKids
09-29-2012, 12:59 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/ray%20allen%20edited%20miami%20heat%20pic.jpg

#1SportsFan86
09-29-2012, 01:04 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/ray%20allen%20edited%20miami%20heat%20pic.jpg

He doesn't have to worry about getting respect from the refs now...:applause:

Joshumitsu
09-29-2012, 01:35 AM

This. Allen comes from a military family, so being professional and disciplined is essential if you want to talk to him.

Plus, weren't Rondo and him not getting along? Kinda hard to want to stay when the main ball handler won't respect you.

Anyway, Boston fans should cheer him. He helped them win a championship/bring the team up to relevance again. Plus, he has family down in Florida, so retiring in Florida would be good for him.

Haymaker
09-29-2012, 02:46 AM
Ray just wanted to troll the C's, and he achieved it.

wally_world
09-29-2012, 09:10 AM
not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5, 6, 7, 8

bluechox2
09-29-2012, 10:35 AM
celtrics tried to trade him once before, whats to say they wont again

atleast on the heat, he knows hes not gonna be carrying anyone and less likely to be traded

TonyD
09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
celtrics tried to trade him once before, whats to say they wont again

atleast on the heat, he knows hes not gonna be carrying anyone and less likely to be traded

They offered him a no-trade clause.

All Net
09-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Opening night should be fun

ripthekik
09-29-2012, 10:58 AM
No, competition is supposed to be the most important thing. Otherwise everyone who doesn't have a ring should just rotate one year minimum wage contracts on whatever team has the most talent to get a ring before they retire. It's also why LeBron's first title has received a relatively "meh" reaction compared to the first title of guys like Jordan, Shaq and Kobe (post-Shaq version).
:applause: :applause: :applause:

BrickingStar
09-29-2012, 11:26 AM
lol bball players have lives they don't live and breath the drama us fans fantasize about like it's some kind of soap opera.

SacJB Shady
09-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I respect KG's decision. They have nothing in common anymore. KG is a competitor. He is not gonna be training with Ray in the offseason and be buddy buddy with him or anything like that. That is how KG is. Ray Allen is taking the easy way out. This is his 2nd time he has done this. Garnett has to stay focused. Do you think Duncan would want to talk to Manu if he went to the Lakers?

KG is old school. Today, players be texting and keeping in touch all the time. KG is staying true to being a true baller.

stickfigure87
09-29-2012, 12:00 PM

this. i get that celtic's fans are upset he went to the team that knocked them out, but if you were getting pissed about being shopped/disrespected, wouldn't you troll them if you got the opportunity?

like the other poster said, it was the heat or the grizzlies. where would you go if you were competitive?

SacJB Shady
09-29-2012, 12:02 PM
So Ray Allen didn't so it for himself. I can see why KG has nothing to say to him.

CelticBaller
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
good shit, he's not a team mate anymore

Mach_3
09-29-2012, 12:52 PM
This. Allen comes from a military family, so being professional and disciplined is essential if you want to talk to him.

Plus, weren't Rondo and him not getting along? Kinda hard to want to stay when the main ball handler won't respect you.

Anyway, Boston fans should cheer him. He helped them win a championship/bring the team up to relevance again. Plus, he has family down in Florida, so retiring in Florida would be good for him.

You want us to cheer for a guy Boston fans loved for 5 years who left us to go to our biggest rival in the same conference? :roll:

LT Ice Cream
09-29-2012, 01:50 PM
LeBron: So then they picked up JT

Ray: :oldlol:

Boston C's
09-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I respect KG's decision. They have nothing in common anymore. KG is a competitor. He is not gonna be training with Ray in the offseason and be buddy buddy with him or anything like that. That is how KG is. Ray Allen is taking the easy way out. This is his 2nd time he has done this. Garnett has to stay focused. Do you think Duncan would want to talk to Manu if he went to the Lakers?

KG is old school. Today, players be texting and keeping in touch all the time. KG is staying true to being a true baller.

plz tell us when the first time was....

blablabla
09-29-2012, 02:05 PM
gotta love kg:oldlol:

Reverend Hoops
09-29-2012, 03:02 PM
He still has Marbury's number though.

KayHaven
09-29-2012, 07:29 PM
This is sad....
This is this the definition of BUTT-HURT*
Kg didn't say ..."hey were friends but on the court we're enemies" ....that's something people can respect..
Kg didn't say... "hey I'm truly upset he left to Miami, but he can always call on me if he ever has a problem In lIfe "
Kg didn't say... "ray, bitch move...but ur still my boy..who helped me get my 1st ring and bring me to Boston"...

Nooooo he didn't say any of that....He said.....*drum roll please* .....I DELETED HIS NUMBER.....LMAO!!!!*

that's the adult equivalent to "I'm taking my Ball and going home" thats the adult equivalent to "oh u got a new friend? Well give me my videogame I let u borrow back!"*

I mean come on!

Lol*U seriously couldn't have kept rays number in ur phone and just never called him....u were that butt hurt u had to go to the process of going to his contact name and hitting delete...This is ridiculous...but makes for good basketball..

L.Kizzle
09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
The real question is, did he have Allen's number before they joined together in Boston?

bdreason
09-29-2012, 08:00 PM

Basketball is a business, that's all. These guys are employees, looking out for what's best for them and their families.

If KG "lost his number" because Ray went to work for another business, then they were never real friends anyways.

sixer6ad
09-29-2012, 08:17 PM
This is sad....
This is this the definition of BUTT-HURT*
Kg didn't say ..."hey were friends but on the court we're enemies" ....that's something people can respect..
Kg didn't say... "hey I'm truly upset he left to Miami, but he can always call on me if he ever has a problem In lIfe "
Kg didn't say... "ray, bitch move...but ur still my boy..who helped me get my 1st ring and bring me to Boston"...

Nooooo he didn't say any of that....He said.....*drum roll please* .....I DELETED HIS NUMBER.....LMAO!!!!*

that's the adult equivalent to "I'm taking my Ball and going home" thats the adult equivalent to "oh u got a new friend? Well give me my videogame I let u borrow back!"*

I mean come on!

Lol*U seriously couldn't have kept rays number in ur phone and just never called him....u were that butt hurt u had to go to the process of going to his contact name and hitting delete...This is ridiculous...but makes for good basketball..

I'm not a KG fan in any way, but good for him. I'm tired of the sugar coating. Ray Allen showed his true self in this move; he's not the person many people thought he was.

I hate f-ing ring chasing.

KingBeasley08
09-29-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm not a KG fan in any way, but good for him. I'm tired of the sugar coating. Ray Allen showed his true self in this move; he's not the person many people thought he was.

why? if you're gonna retire soon, why not try and retire on top? always get a kick outta ppl acting like basketball is life and death and players have to be loyal to their teams. teams are never loyal to players so screw em

as for why he joined miami, he might just be trolling boston. also could be that he and his wife want some hot latina with em some nights. who knows

TeamLAC
09-29-2012, 11:07 PM
He really deleted his number? DAYUM HE MAD AS HELL LMAO :oldlol:

TheeBeast
09-29-2012, 11:20 PM
when asked if he plans to talk to Ray Allen:

https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe

:oldlol:

also would need this caption this new pic from media day heat 2012
http://i.imgur.com/4xiqN.jpg

No captions, but that's the first time I've ever seen Ray smile like that and I feel Lebron was thinking the same thing :oldlol:

Great guy tho

InfiniteBaskets
09-29-2012, 11:30 PM

I think the poster was just mocking KG's response, even if KG himself was being real. When you say something like "I don't have Ray's number anymore" it's just funny to think about an NBA player saying that.

It's like Dwight going to LA and then Jameer Nelson saying something like "Yeah I took all of my Dwight Howard jerseys from my closet and burned them all. Dwight pretty much broke my heart and I will never be able to get over this"

HorryIsMyMVP
09-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I'd leave to the Celtics suck balls. And come on it's Miami beach. Ray Allen likes to be in the spotlight that much is obvious. That's not gonna happen with a first round exit in Boston when they never make any moves.

Whoah10115
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
I think the poster was just mocking KG's response, even if KG himself was being real. When you say something like "I don't have Ray's number anymore" it's just funny to think about an NBA player saying that.

It's like Dwight going to LA and then Jameer Nelson saying something like "Yeah I took all of my Dwight Howard jerseys from my closet and burned them all. Dwight pretty much broke my heart and I will never be able to get over this"

This is what I came here to post. Well said.

But I will add, that's lame on Ray's part. His Family apparently being settled in Florida, that is something I can understand. But it's not just that. Besides, as others have pointed out, he already has a ring. He's going to be on the bench for someone who could come back to full strength this year and be the best SG in the league. Or, he's the 2nd best. I can understand leaving Boston, even if it's a somewhat like-for-like situation, but where he's going it's going to be worse and they are the enemy. He doesn't even help that much. Nash has to help LA. Malone and Payton had to help LA. But he's just a guy joining a team. I don't believe for a second that the Clippers wouldn't have signed him. Shit, go to an average team, you have your ring. Go somewhere you wanna live and go somewhere where you can contribute as much as you think you can. Don't just be hungry to add to a jewelry collection.

Rasheed1
09-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I think its a little immature for KG to mention it if he feels that way, but I also understand that KG wears his heart on his sleeve, and this is just how he approaches the game. Can't be mad at KG for his approach.

I can also see where Ray Allen is coming from.. He probably felt like he had a good chance to take back control of his future instead hanging around Boston and getting traded to who knows where.

Honestly, its better for everyone if they are enemies for now (on the court). When they retire, Im sure they'll patch it up.. But for now its probably a good thing for them to see each other as rivals and enemies

JohnnySic
09-30-2012, 05:51 PM
This is all going to be so anticlimactic. Ray Allen isn't "Ray Allen" anymore. He isn't going to give the Heat much that they aren't already getting from Battier, Miller, Cole, Jones, etc...

RaininTwos
09-30-2012, 07:11 PM
This is all going to be so anticlimactic. Ray Allen isn't "Ray Allen" anymore. He isn't going to give the Heat much that they aren't already getting from Battier, Miller, Cole, Jones, etc...
The greatest shooter of all time who by the way just had his best three point shooting season ever percentage wise isn't any different than what the Heat already have?

The way you are downplaying this pickup is just ridiculous.

JohnnySic
09-30-2012, 07:15 PM
The greatest shooter of all time who by the way just had his best three point shooting season ever percentage wise isn't any different than what the Heat already have?

The way you are downplaying this pickup is just ridiculous.
Yeah, he can still shoot, but he doesn't work the picks like he did and doesn't drive much....really just a shooter like the guys they already have.

RaininTwos
09-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah, he can still shoot, but he doesn't work the picks like he did and doesn't drive much....really just a shooter like the guys they already have.
....maybe you need more time.

G-train
09-30-2012, 08:02 PM
:lol

Catch the ball out of the net KG.

Jax
09-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Common now. If you saw the Heat's regular season games you know Chalmers, Mike Miller, Jones triples were shit. They air balled wide open triples. Even during the playoffs they were shit for the most part. Ray Allen is not gonna miss wide open shots, he won't need to run a lot to get shots neither. He's just gonna camp and chuck records.

gilalizard
09-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I used to think Ray was the classy one on the Celtics. A cool person on a team of douchebags.

Then he pisses and moans, and runs away from his legacy to join the Heat. The biggest douchebags in pro sports. Bigger douchebags than the Celtics themselves, as hard as that is to contemplate.

Jesus gotta get on the bandwagon! Jesus gonna get his!

And he no doubt is gonna love getting the kid-gloves treatment LeFlop and the Heat get from the refs.

L.Kizzle
09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
I used to think Ray was the classy one on the Celtics. A cool person on a team of douchebags.

Then he pisses and moans, and runs away from his legacy to join the Heat. The biggest douchebags in pro sports. Bigger douchebags than the Celtics themselves, as hard as that is to contemplate.

And he no doubt is gonna love getting the kid-gloves treatment LeFlop and the Heat get from the refs.
Maybe you said it best. Maybe he got tiried of being on a team full of douchebags. :confusedshrug:

G-train
09-30-2012, 10:24 PM

This is where you are wrong. The players at Miami are good guys.
Announcing FA signing (Lebron) and flopping on drives (Wade) doesn't make you a total douchebag (Garnett and Rondo).
U are the maddest most butt hurt poster in sports forum history.

plowking
09-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Its hilarious how you downplay everything the Heat do. And yet every time we go on to whoop you and the Celtics so hard. :oldlol:

Eat Like A Bosh
10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
KG is an old school guy who believes in loyalty and trying to beat your rivals instead of joining them. I'm glad some guys actually care about that in todays NBA, but those few are dwindling. Can't blame him, I understand that he feels betrayed, imagine how would you feel if one of your guys joins a rival that eliminated you for the past 2 seasons.

inclinerator
10-01-2012, 02:33 AM
KG is an old school guy who believes in loyalty and trying to beat your rivals instead of joining them. I'm glad some guys actually care about that in todays NBA, but those few are dwindling. Can't blame him, I understand that he feels betrayed, imagine how would you feel if one of your guys joins a rival that eliminated you for the past 2 seasons.
"Loyalty is overrated" to lebron
Joins pierce and allen in boston

10-01-2012, 03:52 AM
its nice to see that a 36 year old Kevin Garnett can put petty differences aside....

What does age got to do with this?

I know some 40, 50, 60, 70 year olds who can't put petty differences aside.

stickfigure87
10-01-2012, 04:06 AM
"Loyalty is overrated" to lebron
Joins pierce and allen in boston

kg stayed in minny until the team was no longer competitive. him leaving them wasn't a thing of loyalty, it wasn't like the wolves were trying to hold him.

both sides knew what had to happen: kg needed to be moved so the wolves can go into a complete rebuild.

not nearly the same as leaving in your prime when you're the franchise.