PDA

View Full Version : Shaq would rather have Brook Lopez over Dwight

It's A VC3!!!
09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
What does this say about Brook Lopez? On NBA.com, in a Open Night video or whatever it's called, Shaq said that because Brook Lopez is only one of two "true back to the basket centers", he would rather take him over Dwight. He also said that Brook, prior injury, was putting up very good big man numbers. 20/8 were his numbers prior injury. A lot of people are underrating how great Brook Lopez is but in reference to what Shaq said, what do Knowledgable aware posters expect from Brook Lopez this year? I expect 22/9. I would love to say 22/10 but with the rebounding Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace are expected to do, Lopez's numbers will go down. Stupid, uneducated people are unwelcome.

longtime lurker
09-29-2012, 08:41 PM
What does this say about Brook Lopez? On NBA.com, in a Open Night video or whatever it's called, Shaq said that because Brook Lopez is only one of two "true back to the basket centers", he would rather take him over Dwight. He also said that Brook, prior injury, was putting up very good big man numbers. 20/8 were his numbers prior injury. A lot of people are underrating how great Brook Lopez is but in reference to what Shaq said, what do Knowledgable aware posters expect from Brook Lopez this year? I expect 22/9. I would love to say 22/10 but with the rebounding Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace are expected to do, Lopez's numbers will go down. Stupid, uneducated people are unwelcome.

Brook Lopez will bounce back for sure but he'll probably be like 18-7 with a block.

Heavincent
09-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Really Shaq? Come on.

The Nets giving Lopez such a huge contract puts a black cloud over the otherwise good offseason they had. He's just not very good.

It's A VC3!!!
09-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Really Shaq? Come on.

The Nets giving Lopez such a huge contract puts a black cloud over the otherwise good offseason the Nets had. He's just not very good.

I'll be slightly gently on you because I believe you're a Nets fan.
But you do know that Brook Lopez had TWO max contract offers from Charlotte and Portland, correct? If the Nets low-balled Lopez, he would have just went elsewhere. The Nets had no choice.
Let him go, and have Humphries as you're starting center, or use Prok cash to lure a very very serviceable center in Brook Lopez.

niko
09-29-2012, 08:47 PM
17/7. Not 20 simply because the Nets are goign to have to involve all these new people, it will build bad chemistry to feed an existing guy and ignore the other guys. 17 very efficient points though whereas at times he got 20 but he was forcefed. I think his offense will be very good.

As far as 8/9 rebounds, who are you watching?

And Shaq saying he'd rather have Brook over Dwight is retarded, Brook Lopez isn't 1/10th the defensive presence out there that Dwight is. Dwight has so much more impact. The Nets begged Orlando for 8 months to take Brook and every other thing they had and give them Dwight, do you think Brook is somehow comparable?

Heavincent
09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I'll be slightly gently on you because I believe you're a Nets fan.
But you do know that Brook Lopez had TWO max contract offers from Charlotte and Portland, correct? If the Nets low-balled Lopez, he would have just went elsewhere. The Nets had no choice.

I know. Just let him walk if they're offering such ridiculous contracts. Let them have buyer remorse instead of us.

The guy played 5 games last year. The reward? A big fat contract. It's just stupid imo. I think they'll regret this.

Dictator
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
We need a shaq smilie but for now.....

:coleman:

fpliii
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Stanford represent :rockon:

seriously though, Shaq needs to end his crusade against Dwight...he's taking it waaaaaaay too far at this point

StateOfMind12
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
lol at believing Shaq. He clearly said it just to stir up some controversy. He always does this.

Rowe
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I know. Just let him walk if they're offering such ridiculous contracts. Let them have buyer remorse instead of us.

The guy played 5 games last year. The reward? A big fat contract. It's just stupid imo. I think they'll regret this.
What was the point in negging me and leaving your name?

:oldlol:

Heavincent
09-29-2012, 08:55 PM
What was the point in negging me and leaving your name?

:oldlol:

So you just believe the signatures on your negs?

I didn't neg you buddy.

Rowe
09-29-2012, 08:56 PM

I didn't neg you buddy.

Ok.

fpliii
09-29-2012, 08:57 PM

I didn't neg you buddy.

this

almost every single neg I get is signed '-CF86' lol

EDIT: on cue:

Shaq would rather have... 09-29-2012 08:58 PM Stop mentioning my name - CF86

lol I've never even interacted with you my man, this is like the 8th neg from you, though I'm not sure how many are actually yours

Rockets(T-mac)
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Lopez is a good player, but come on, no one would take him over Dwight, unless they are retarded or a hater. Shaq clearly diss likes Dwight.

He should be put up something like 17/7. But you can't use Shaq taking him over Dwight as a valid argument for anything, other than arguing Shaq needs to let it go with Dwight.

It's A VC3!!!
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Why? You're saying it would have been wiser to let him walk to Portland or Charlotte for absolutely nothing in return? Brook Lopez is not a scrub. 17/7 seems to be the consensus in this thread on Lopez's stat line. That's very serviceable numbers. I wouldn't have minded trading him for Dwight but letting him go for free would have been terrible.

17/7. Not 20 simply because the Nets are goign to have to involve all these new people, it will build bad chemistry to feed an existing guy and ignore the other guys. 17 very efficient points though whereas at times he got 20 but he was forcefed. I think his offense will be very good.

As far as 8/9 rebounds, who are you watching?

And Shaq saying he'd rather have Brook over Dwight is retarded, Brook Lopez isn't 1/10th the defensive presence out there that Dwight is. Dwight has so much more impact. The Nets begged Orlando for 8 months to take Brook and every other thing they had and give them Dwight, do you think Brook is somehow comparable?

It's funny because Kenny Smith and Reggie Miller are joking that Brook Lopez came out of nowhere and Shaq would rather have him then Dwight. This hasn't been a debate nor has it been talked about in the past. This was in the spur of the moment and I'm sure a lot more people will talk about Lopez more now since the Nets have 1/5th of their games nationally televised. But in reality he is nothing compared to Dwight.

JellyBean
09-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Of course Shaq would take Brook Lopez over Dwight. Heck Shaq would probably pick Shawn Bradley over Dwight, if Bradley was still playing. Shaq's disrespect of Dwight has to stop somewhere.

It's A VC3!!!
09-29-2012, 09:02 PM
But you can't use Shaq taking him over Dwight as a valid argument for anything, other than arguing Shaq needs to let it go with Dwight.

I''ll be the first to tell you that I would rather have Dwight then Lopez. Since his name was brought up in the panel I was curious to see what posters on this board believe he can produce this year.

BlueandGold
09-29-2012, 09:04 PM
lol Shaq is just straight up disgusting now. We know you dont like Dwight, we get it.

alwaysunny
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
17-9. He even admitted for his laziness and lack of effort for rebounding. He's probably taking the criticism real personal at this point, and he seems excited for the upcoming season too.

But I see what you did there VC3, titling the thread in such way that would get people to click. :lol Shaq's hatred toward Dwight is so ridiculous I want Dwight to have a monster year. Let's see what kind of excuse he comes up with then.

tmacattack33
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Wow.

Shaq is so insecure about Dwight. It's not even funny anymore. Just kinda stupid and sad.

RazorBaLade
09-29-2012, 09:06 PM
shaq would rather get raped by a horse than say anything positive about howard tho so idk

ralph_i_el
09-29-2012, 09:27 PM
He's pretty good but dwight is obviously better.

If Brook is healthy i think a 20/8 season is realistic.

Rubio2Gasol
09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
I like him but at the same time he's a 3rd option on a team with Joe Johnson. Unless he magically becomes a great offensive rebounder he ain't gonna get 20.

qrich
09-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm not so sure I'd take Brook over someone like Bogut, let alone Dwight. Shaq just can't let the Dwight hate go.

D.J.
09-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Dwight at 75-80% is still better than Lopez. I can see Lopez putting up 15/8 with 1.5 BPG, but he's not going to be a 20/10 player with Deron and JJ on the court. If there was no JJ or Deron, 20/10 for Lopez wouldn't be out of the question. With the way the team is now, he's not going to get enough touches to score 20 a night.

Batz
09-29-2012, 10:38 PM
15/6 if he's healthy. 10/4 if up and down.

Because **** you, that's why.

SpecialQue
09-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Wow.

Shaq is so insecure about Dwight. It's not even funny anymore. Just kinda stupid and sad.

http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/shaq2.png

wang4three
09-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Shaq's judge of talent has always been questionable.

bmulls
09-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Wow.

this

LakersReign
09-30-2012, 04:32 AM
Shaq would probably rate Bill Cartwright better than Howard. This is nothing new, just Shaq being as petty as he was when he asked the Lakers to trade him. And we all saw how well that worked out.

blacknapalm
09-30-2012, 04:37 AM
what does it say about lopez? that shouldn't be the question...it should be, what does it say about shaq? the answer is he's still immature and holds meaningless grudges.

shaq just doesn't like dwight so anything he says pertaining to him really shouldn't be taken seriously. he isn't objective at all

bballnoob1192
09-30-2012, 04:47 AM
new game!! what would shaq do rather than ever complimenting Dwight.

Shaq would probably eat a bowl of Kobe's steaming shit before he would call howard the best center in the nba.

edit: yes he hates dwight howard that much

Brokenbeat
09-30-2012, 05:09 AM
Damn Shaq, would you like some pepper with that salt?

All Net
09-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Shaq hates dwight that's why... Never take what he says seriously. His analysis on the NBA is so bad... Its painful to listen to.

BlackVVaves
09-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Observing Shaq post-NBA career has spoke volumes to the character he carries as a man. By his own admission, he makes statements such as "Bynum is the best center in the league" to stir controversy and arouse interest; he has stated he does not actually believe some of the things he says. As disappointing as it is to hear that, I'm only mildly displeased because I'm aware such is "craft" of members of the media. And that is precisely what Shaq is now: a member of the media.

However, when that aspect of Shaq's new identity is coupled with the massive levels of immaturity he bathes in, he becomes really, really inadept to make any serious basketball assessment. How...or why...should anyone take what this guy says for more than a grain of salt? To say he rather have Brook Lopez than Dwight Howard because "Lopez is one of the only centers that playa with his back to the basket" is like saying you rather have Klay Thompson than Wade because Thompson is one of the only shooting guards that can shoot from anywhere on the court.

The game of basketball continuously evolves, and the impact a player has goes much farther than his style in play on the offensive side of the ball. But, any person with more than a termite brain could tell you that. And, I'm sure Shaq knows that. But like a 16 year old high school girl, Shaq can't bear having the attention on someone else, so he will continue to say outlandish things like this and discredit Dwight (whom I thought he had befriended last Spring?) for effect.

And I'll just continue to laugh at the fact that a 40 year old man who was one of the greatest players any generation of basketball fans will ever see can be so emotionally insecure :oldlol:

coin24
09-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Shaq needs to get over his blind dwight hate..
Nets didn't exactly have many other options at C, yeah they overpaid, but Lopez is a decent C. Most of them are disgustingly overpaid now:rant

blacknapalm
09-30-2012, 06:30 AM
as far as the 17/7 projections, that's reasonable. the problem is, does that merit a max contract? imo, a max contract should be given out to players that can score 20 ppg, have elite defense or elite rebounding. lopez literally has none of those aspects. he's not even much of a playmaker. almost all his assists come from simple kickouts.

on top of that, he's coming off some serious foot injuries. big men with stress fractures in their feet usually don't end up faring too well in the long-run. between JJ and lopez, that team's cap space is severely limited for the next couple years.

SpecialQue
09-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Shaq constantly talks shit about a potential new franchise player for the Lakers, the team that's retiring his jersey this season, and people wonder why so many Laker fans have soured on him?

Fiasco
09-30-2012, 12:30 PM
this

lmao

CF ain't like that, he wouldn't neg a fly

SpecialQue
09-30-2012, 12:40 PM
this

EDIT: on cue:

Shaq would rather have... 09-29-2012 08:58 PM Stop mentioning my name - CF86

lol I've never even interacted with you my man, this is like the 8th neg from you, though I'm not sure how many are actually yours

I've gotten a neg signed "-CF86", and it's hilarious because he's one of about three posters that I can say almost certainly would NOT neg me randomly. I'm pretty sure those negs you're getting with that sig are faked by people trying to bring his bars down.

CoolBreeze0840
09-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Shaq is silly for trying to bash Dwight Howard. Shaq had all the talent in the world but his work ethnic was horrible so he tries to bash the good centers in the league in Bynum and Howard to keep his self revelant. Stupid move by Shaq.

wakencdukest
09-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Who listens to Shaq? Great player, lousy analyst.

Whoah10115
09-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Deron did a great job playing with Boozer. It remains to be seen if Lopez can play the pick n' roll nearly as well as Boozer did. But what's to say Johnson is really torching the PPG?

But I'd say that 17.5/8.5 is a good minimum for him. I'd like to see him grab 9 RPG and I think it's possible...with that said, they could very well monitor his minutes, due to the foot issues from last year.

It'd have been cool to see Lopez in New Orleans (not just for his Brother). I think he and Anthony Davis could be a great combination.

Shaq should not be discussed.

ispin69
09-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Sure is a bunch of Shaq haters on here. Tell me where in his quote he even mentions Howard? He praises another player, OMG he's dissin Howard guise.

:coleman:

swi7ch
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Can't wait for Dwight to win a title so Shaq will commit suicide on TV! :bowdown: He's so insecure :roll:

Dasher
09-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Dwight just had back surgery. I don't expect him to recover, and because of that I'd rather have Brook. Dwight without his athleticism and explosion isn't worth much of a damn.

ispin69
09-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Can't wait for Dwight to win a title so Shaq will commit suicide on TV! :bowdown: He's so insecure :roll:

He already said Dwight needs to get at least 3 rings (as first option obviously) before he will get his respect.

DixieNourmous
09-30-2012, 02:57 PM
I have a puppy I named Shaq because he was the biggest of the litter.

With Shaq becoming a douche, I renamed my puppy "stains" because his spots look like stains.

I couldnt find Stains in the yard and was roaming around outside yelling "Come Stains!"

My neighbors came outside telling me I am disgusting and went back in their houses locking the doors.

My wife is looking at me like....http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss239/megosb/GIFs/2emd7yp.gif

Raider007
09-30-2012, 03:08 PM

With Shaq becoming a douche, I renamed my puppy "stains" because his spots look like stains.

I couldnt find Stains in the yard and was roaming around outside yelling "Come Stains!"

My neighbors came outside telling me I am disgusting and went back in their houses locking the doors.

My wife is looking at me like....http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss239/megosb/GIFs/2emd7yp.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/jack_nicholson_lol_gif.gif

red1
09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Imagine if the 2013 lakers go 70-12 or some ridiculous shit like that with dwight grabbing the mvp and dpoy, and kobe getting his 6th ring and 3rd fmvp. The big diesel will become the big suicidal after he sees two of his rivals grabbing all of the LA spotlight, oh please lord make this happen. Sick of shaq and his childish ways.

KOBE143
09-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I dont even like Dwight but Shaq is fckng bitter.. :facepalm

Dwigth >>>>>>> Lopez not even close.. I even take Noah over him..

nycelt84
09-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Shaq has proven over the last year he's not exactly the brightest analyst in the room.

nbarumorz
09-30-2012, 04:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dpanC.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
10-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Even as a Nets fan I have to admit that Shaq is playing favoritism, cant really blame him for disliking Dwight though.

BoutPractice
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
It seems that many great centers have had problems with their "successor".
Wilt and Kareem, Kareem and Shaq, and now Shaq and Dwight... It's almost like a cycle.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
:lol

ispin69
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
:lol

Look at all the wrong delusional people in this thread (except me of course).

ChuckOakley
01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Lopez
23/9/2.5 per 36
1.7 TOs per 36
#4 in PER at 25.4
#7 in blocks
52%/73%
Team is #6 in rebounding rate
Team is #17 in defensive efficiency
Team record: 26-16

Howard
17/12.5/2.5 per 36
3.2 TOs per 36
19.8 PER
#5 in blocks
58%/50%
Team is #9 in rebounding rate
Team is #19 in defensive efficiency
Team record: 17-25

RoundMoundOfReb
01-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I was one of the people saying Howard >>>>lopez to be honest. i'm just laughing at how stupid we all (99% of this forum) were and shaq went from fail to GOAT analyst.

Kiddlovesnets
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I am a Nets fan and I am impressed by Brook Lopez's performance this season. But honestly, Id still take Dwight way over Lopez. Its unfair to compare Lakers Howard to Nets Lopez, when the Nets offense revolves around Lopez while Lakers never use Dwight to max potential. If Dwight wears Nets jersey, he'd put up 25/15/3 easily on 63% FG, which is way better than Brook Lopez.

Godzuki
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Lakers would be so soft if they ended up with a Lopez/Pau frontcourt. i almost want to see it just so i can laugh.

STATUTORY
01-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Shaq knows big man

Nick Young
01-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Me too. Shaq knows his stuff when it comes to big men. He called out Howard's bitchmade attitude for years, he took shit from eveyrone, and guess what HE WAS RIGHT

I would be happy with Brook for Howard straight up but dont think nets are dumb enough

jayfan
01-24-2013, 08:56 PM
I am a Nets fan and I am impressed by Brook Lopez's performance this season. But honestly, Id still take Dwight way over Lopez. Its unfair to compare Lakers Howard to Nets Lopez, when the Nets offense revolves around Lopez while Lakers never use Dwight to max potential. If Dwight wears Nets jersey, he'd put up 25/15/3 easily on 63% FG, which is way better than Brook Lopez.

You're giving Dwight way too much credit by scapegoating the system. Dwight is simply not a good basketball player at this point. Period. Your fellow Nets bretheren should thank their lucky stars that you're not in charge.

Lebron23
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM

Shut up. Shaq is smarter than you. You are one of the most annoying trolls in the off season. Dwight and the Lakers stinks.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2059271/boshjam_medium.gif

alwaysunny
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
BasedSHAQ :bowdown:

Heavincent
01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Well played Shaq :applause:

D.J.
01-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Dwight at 75-80% is still better than Lopez. I can see Lopez putting up 15/8 with 1.5 BPG, but he's not going to be a 20/10 player with Deron and JJ on the court. If there was no JJ or Deron, 20/10 for Lopez wouldn't be out of the question. With the way the team is now, he's not going to get enough touches to score 20 a night.

He's 18+/7 with a little over 2 BPG right now. A little better than expected.