PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K13 'MY TEAM MODE' Discussion

ukballer
10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
2K's version of EA's Ultimate Team is titled 'My Team Mode' in 2K13.

Talk about building your team up, look for help and suggestions, maybe make some trades with fellow ISH'ers, or organise some online games.

IGotACoolStory
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
What the hell is this?

Apparently I'm the Kings/Raptors.

With Monty Williams as the coach. Meh.
Pacers Arena. Terrible.
Bucks playbook. Who cares.

Anyway, given players were...
PG: Norris Cole - Cory Joseph - Andrew Goudlock - Royal Ivey
SG: Tony Allen - John Jenkins - Daequan Cook - Matt Carroll
SF: Travis Outlaw - Luke Walton
PF: Jonas Jerebko
C: Enes Kanter

So yeah. I guess Kanter, Jenkins, and Allen are decent. Although I hate Allen in this game because his defense doesn't show as much in a video game.

Running with Cole - Jenkins - Allen - Outlaw - Kanter as the starters.

Also the ugly ass Kings home jerseys and it says classic away Raptors for away. I don't know, they look like the current ones to me.

I don't know what to do. Played the rookie challenge mode in the My Team mode and the other team had Rondo, Michael Cooper, Larry Bird, Bill Russell... With GP and Chandler off the bench, :wtf:

A little guidance would help before you enter this mode.

bdreason
10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
They are trying to replicate EA's Ultimate Team mode, because it makes EA billions of dollars.

The problem is, it doesn't translate well to the NBA, as their are not nearly as many players, leagues, formations, etc.

It looks like this is their beta version, where instead of having a live market, you can only buy players from the game for fixed prices. Eventually, maybe next year or with DLC, they will allow you to buy Virtual Currency with real money, and use it to buy packs of Player Cards to build your roster. My guess is they are still creating/preparing the transactions system.

Like I said earlier, it doesn't translate well to Baksetball IMO. I'll stick with FIFA for my Ultimate Team fix, MyPlayer and Association for NBA2K.

EnoughSaid
10-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Looked cool in the developer insights, and I'll definitely try it out.

IGotACoolStory
10-03-2012, 03:19 PM
I haven't played Madden since 2010 and Fifa since 2011. Don't remember it.

Played some dude online and he had no idea what to do without a star. He was using Wesley Johnson like LeBron... Needless to say, I whopped his ass.

Mode seems not properly planned though. Still don't know what I'm exactly supposed to do. Probably not going to play it again. Wish it would have told me that it costs points to first play the mode. I would have saved that shit for My Player.

Maniak
10-03-2012, 06:45 PM
they should have worked on association instead of this...

KG215
10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm still not real sure what I'm doing but I just started a My Team and payed an exhibition rookie game. Is road to the playoffs an online game, or what?

ukballer
10-07-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Ultimate Team mode when playing FIFA, but I really can't get into this on 2K. I agree with guys who say it doesn't really translate for Basketball games. To be fair, I've not given it much time, but nothing about it makes me want to play it yet.

Scholar
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Bump. I started playing it last week and enjoyed it for a few days. As I advanced in the seeding, I began encountering more and more people who bought their players, so there were teams like the following:

C- Dwight Howard
PF- Blake Griffin
SF- LeBron James
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Chris Paul

With a bunch of star players, like DWade, Brandon Jennings, Chris Bosh, Monta Ellis, etc., all on the bench.

Needless to say, it became unfair and ultimately boring to play. Only took 3-4 days to go from great to "don't-feel-like-touching-this-again."

And to make matters worse, whenever I'd encounter one of these guys with super teams and I actually started winning, by the 4th quarter, they'd pull b.s. like pausing the game and waiting until the final second before they're forced to forfeit before un-pausing the game, calling numerous 60 second timeouts with just a couple minutes left in the game with me obviously about to pull a W, and there was one bitch who kept pausing the game and playing replays over and over again because he knew my 20 point lead in the 4th quarter with 1 minute to go was insurmountable.

Oh, and don't let me forget about all the frikkin' 3-pt chuckers. I played against one guy who did nothing but chuck 3's all game. He hit maybe 15 out of 47 throughout the game.

scott0326
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Bump. I started playing it last week and enjoyed it for a few days. As I advanced in the seeding, I began encountering more and more people who bought their players, so there were teams like the following:

C- Dwight Howard
PF- Blake Griffin
SF- LeBron James
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Chris Paul

With a bunch of star players, like DWade, Brandon Jennings, Chris Bosh, Monta Ellis, etc., all on the bench.

Needless to say, it became unfair and ultimately boring to play. Only took 3-4 days to go from great to "don't-feel-like-touching-this-again."

And to make matters worse, whenever I'd encounter one of these guys with super teams and I actually started winning, by the 4th quarter, they'd pull b.s. like pausing the game and waiting until the final second before they're forced to forfeit before un-pausing the game, calling numerous 60 second timeouts with just a couple minutes left in the game with me obviously about to pull a W, and there was one bitch who kept pausing the game and playing replays over and over again because he knew my 20 point lead in the 4th quarter with 1 minute to go was insurmountable.

Oh, and don't let me forget about all the frikkin' 3-pt chuckers. I played against one guy who did nothing but chuck 3's all game. He hit maybe 15 out of 47 throughout the game.
Yep, this about sums up the mode. I love playing dudes who run lineups of Jordan-Kobe-Lebron-Durant-Dwight with Melo, Bill Russell, CP3, etc off bench and still suck at the game and find ways to lose. The only reason these guys can keep the game close is by overall difference in players. I'm here lighting these scrubs up with Gary Neal, Steve Novak, Austin Rivers and etc, why they struggle to score with Jordan/Lebron/Kobe. :facepalm :oldlol:

Maniak
03-28-2013, 01:54 AM
they should have worked on association instead of this...
such a good post.

if they keep this mode i will be beyond pissed

Johnny Jones
04-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Here's my starting line-up:

C- Javale McGee
PF- Perry Jones
SF- Gerald Green
SG- Austin Rivers
PG- Ron Harper

I dominate the paint. I think I average about 70 points a game with 55 of those points coming in the paint.

Scholar
04-30-2013, 02:49 AM
I started playing this mode again. My starting line-up is:

C- Enis Kanter
PF- Kris Humphries
SF- LeBron James
SG- Jodie Meeks
PG- Jeremy Lin

I saved a lot of VC in order to get LBJ & Lin. Currently in the 5th seed with 1 more win leading me to the 4th. I sometimes get frustrated with playing against guys with superstar rosters, but in most cases, even when I lose, I find pleasure and comfort in knowing they BARELY beat me even with their incredible line-up.

I beat one guy who had a roster with the exact following:
Dwight Howard
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwyane Wade
Steve Nash
---------
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Green
Anthony Morrow
Austin Rivers
Paul George
Dirk Nowitzki
Carmelo Anthony

In that exact order^^^

I beat him 102 - 66.
All he did was shoot 3's or midrange. He drove to the basket a handful of times and did get a few spectacular dunks on me, but that was about it. He didn't know how to defend in the post. I ended up with 25 PTs with Kris, 18 with Enis & 13 with Timofey Mozgov off the bench.
He had no answer for my front court. :oldlol:

It might be sad but I take great pleasure in beating those types of players. For all I know, he could've been a little kid, but it was satisfying to beat his punk ass.

The-Legend-24
04-30-2013, 05:17 AM
I've been playing this for like a month, my starting lineup is:

PG: Austin Rivers
SG: Jodie Meeks
SF: Gerald Green
PF: Steve Novak
C: Timofey Mozgov/Gordon Hayward.

Everybody I've played against has Steve Novak on their team. :oldlol: Dude is a beast with the 3's in this mode. My last game I went 15-22 from 3 with him. People just leave him open all the time for some reason, shit is nuts. :oldlol:

Johnny Jones
04-30-2013, 10:44 PM
I started playing this mode again. My starting line-up is:

C- Enis Kanter
PF- Kris Humphries
SF- LeBron James
SG- Jodie Meeks
PG- Jeremy Lin

I saved a lot of VC in order to get LBJ & Lin. Currently in the 5th seed with 1 more win leading me to the 4th. I sometimes get frustrated with playing against guys with superstar rosters, but in most cases, even when I lose, I find pleasure and comfort in knowing they BARELY beat me even with their incredible line-up.

I beat one guy who had a roster with the exact following:
Dwight Howard
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwyane Wade
Steve Nash
---------
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Green
Anthony Morrow
Austin Rivers
Paul George
Dirk Nowitzki
Carmelo Anthony

In that exact order^^^

I beat him 102 - 66.
All he did was shoot 3's or midrange. He drove to the basket a handful of times and did get a few spectacular dunks on me, but that was about it. He didn't know how to defend in the post. I ended up with 25 PTs with Kris, 18 with Enis & 13 with Timofey Mozgov off the bench.
He had no answer for my front court. :oldlol:

It might be sad but I take great pleasure in beating those types of players. For all I know, he could've been a little kid, but it was satisfying to beat his punk ass.
Funny- I beat a guy who chucked up 3s too.

His starting line-up was:

PG:Steph Curry
SG: Harden
SF: Gerald Green
PF: Steve Novak
C: Shaq

Final score was 73-35 :roll: :roll:

d.bball.guy
05-06-2013, 03:09 AM
Just started My Team. Got this team with AJ Price but sold him to get Marshon Brooks. I have Byron Scott as the coach, Suns playbook, Kings home court, and these jerseys.

http://www.legendsofbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/mullin.jpg

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/chris-webber-sac1.jpg

PG: Mack/Selby
SG: Brooks/Mason
SF: Babbit/I forgot
PF: Rashard/Jeremy Evans
C: Steimsma/buttload of center that I would sell for cheap silver players

3-0 so far, haven't played a game in 8th seed. Two of those wins were rage quits when they were down double digits with around a minute to 30 second left in the game :lol Once summer comes, I would probably slow down on my My Career since I'm already in my 4th season and go all out for My Team. My plan would be to get at least 1 current top player(LeBron/KD/Melo), find some gold legends, and buy supporting silver/gold players.

Scholar
05-07-2013, 10:38 PM
This mode has pulled some b.s on me 3 times now!

I was 1 game away from the 4th seed with it being my last game (you only get 12 games to advance & I was something like 6-5 with 1 game left).
I was whooping some guy's ass who had a bunch of star players, like LBJ, KD & Melo, all on the same team. 4th quarter with 2 min to go, I'm up by 8. Game starts giving me messages saying the other guy's Internet connection sucks. You know, when it says, "Waiting on opponent" and has a timer to give them a chance to come back.

It happens about 4 times in a span of 2-3 mins, then I get a message saying the server connection was bad and the game couldn't be continued. I got the LOSS!!! Wtf?!
:facepalm

It's happened 2 other times to me, too. What kind of b.s is that?

The-Legend-24
05-11-2013, 06:05 PM
I got LeBron along with Tony Allen, and my defense has improved. I've only lost once since I got both of them and that was against a guy that was shooting nothing but 3's with Curry, Allen, and Melo, along with Wade, Dwight, Shaq and Bird coming off his bench. Dude only beat me by 3. :oldlol:

Some of these guys have stacked teams yet they still struggle to beat a team where my 2nd and 3rd best players are Tony Allen and Gary Neal. :oldlol:

d.bball.guy
05-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Switched my home jersey with the Alex English era Nuggets jersey, and the home court to the AT&T Center. Bought some gold packs and got Bobby Jackson(silver classic player). Also sold Shelvin Mack for CJ Watson, Babbit for T-Ross, Ayon for T-Rob, Kwame Brown for Neal, and Pittman for Green.

Played 5 games in the 8th seed with a 2-3 record. First one was a choke, I had a 5 point lead with 2 minutes left, got good shots but missed a lot of them. Lost by 7 :lol Game 2 was a 19 point loss. Dude had Shareef Abdur-Rahim, MJ, Magic, KD, Bird, and Hakeem. Good thing was he knew how to use his players. 3rd game was a blowout win against a kid who did nothing but to shoot predictable 3s. 4th was an 11 point win. Game 5 was a loss against a guy with KD, MJ, CP3, and Dwight. Dude didn't know what he was doing with his team :facepalm He had a 3 point lead in the second when I had to leave to pick up my brother.

Scholar
05-13-2013, 01:05 AM
How come I can't sell certain players?

I've got Jeremy Lin. I've been wanting to sell him since I don't use him at all, but the game won't let me. Same for Malcolm Lee, who hasn't been played since.. Shit, I don't know. The 6th seed.

d.bball.guy
05-13-2013, 01:10 AM
FFFUUU I choked again :lol Up 3 with a minute left, lost by 2. Probably would have tied or won the game if I didn't go for a risky play by throwing the inbounds pass inside since Bobby Jackson was open. Freakin McGee stole the ball with his long arms.

Scholar
05-13-2013, 09:58 PM
My line-up currently is:
C - Kris Humphries
PF- LeBron James
SF- Tony Allen
SG- Dwyane Wade
PG- Jeremy Lin

Bench:
Steve Novak
Jodie Meeks
Anthony Morrow
Joel Pryzbilla
Malcolm Lee
Enes Kanter
Patrick Mills

I saved VC to get all the players I have. I got Amare Stoudemire at first but after playing 3 games and not using him much, I sold him for Pau Gasol. I didn't like playing with Gasol, so I sold him and got DWade.

Recently, I played some guy who had a completely superstar roster. He was blowing me out by 20 PTs until about the 3rd quarter where I went HAM with DWade. In the 4th, I got the lead, and with 23 seconds left and me ONLY UP BY 3 PTS, the guy quit.
:roll: I guess he lacks the clutch gene.

d.bball.guy
05-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Went on to buy McGee and sold a bronze legend I got from gold packs.

PG: Bobby Jackson/CJ Watson
SG: T-Ross/Marshon Brooks/Neal
SF: Gerald Green/M. Brooks
PF: T-Rob/Rashard
C: McGee/Kwame/Steimsma

I'm sure I forgot some other players but whatever.

I'm 1-2 in the 7th seed. I lost the first two games. All 3 games are vs All-Star teams. Forgot what the first team looked like but 2nd team had Tim Hardaway, Shaq, Divac, and Hersey Hawkins. The one team that I beat had Magic, Dell Curry, Anthony Davis, and Larry Nance. Dude took the same amount of 3s with Magic and Curry :lol :facepalm He didn't know what he was doing. Beat him by 10.

Scholar
06-01-2013, 11:59 AM
My roster right now:

C- Dikembe Mutombo/Darko Milicic
PF- LeBron James/Kris Humphries
SF- Gerald Green/Steve Novak
SG- Jason Terry/Nick Anderson/Anthony Morrow
PG- Paul Pressey/Patrick Mills/Gary Neal

Paul Pressey is actually a SG/SF combo, but he has 90 passing, 80+ ball handling, and 80+ offensive awareness, so I figured running him at the point would be a decent move.
Nick Anderson comes off the bench for some fire power for the 2nd unit. I do realize he's a better player than Jason Terry and Gerald Green, but I'd rather my 2nd unit also have an elite scorer than placing both of my elite scorers (Nick & LBJ) together and have them tire out quicker.
Dikembe Mutombo is the 76ers version. I wish he were the Nuggets version, but oh well. I was expecting him to be an elite rebounder, but so far in the two games I've played with him, he's probably averaging 4 rpg. I don't play zone defense either, so it's not like he's out of position from grabbing the boards.

Currently, my line-up is too slow to run fast break type of offenses. I've been slowing games down significantly and just looking for open shots, doing extra passes, etc. It hasn't led to any wins so far (0-2 in current 4th seed), but I have been close in every game I've lost... So I'm thinking about trying it for at least 2 more games before I make an entire roster switch.

I've also got the following reserves in My Collection and I'm considering switching out some of my current roster players for these guys since I lost my last 2 games in a row:

Kevin Willis, Sam Vincent, Clint Richardson, Joel Pryzbilla, Jodie Meeks, Javale McGee, Jeremy Lin, Malcolm Lee, Enes Kanter, Scott Hastings, Lercy Ellis, Craig Ehlo & Darryl Dawkins.

Scholar
06-01-2013, 12:03 PM
I've been farming VC a lot, but I always end up spending most of it on gold packs. I think it'd just be smarter to spend the VC on current players instead of risking them on gold packs all the time.

I'm going to save up some VC and get a better C. Maybe Joakim Noah. I'd like to go with D12, but to be honest, I get tired of seeing the same roster everywhere. Everyone has LeBron and Dwight together. I also don't like having LeBron just because everyone seems to have him, but he is the best player to play with and can play every position, so I'll keep him.

d.bball.guy
06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Okay, fvck this. I've played 7 games in the 7th seed and ALL of those teams are All Star Gold Legends teams. I'm currently 2-5 :lol They'll just cheese with Jordan fadeaways, Dell Curry 3s, and Hakeem shakes.

Maybe I'll get back to playing this mode once summer comes so I can get more time to earn VC to buy players and packs.

Scholar
06-08-2013, 02:37 AM
I just cannot find any luck in this mode. I went 5-1 to start the 4th seed earlier this week after failing to advance so many damn times over the course of maybe 2 months now!
I thought this was my lucky break. Just 3 more wins and I'm advancing. Then I lost my next 4 games in a row. :facepalm
My record is 5-5 now. I have 2 games left but I needed to get to 8 wins to advance, so I'm f*cked once again.

I took garbage ass Dikembe Mutombo out of my line-up because I just couldn't do shit with him. He was probably only grabbing 4 rebounds per game. Jeremy Lin off the bench had at least 3-4 games in a row where he out rebounded Dikembe.

Anyway, my current line-up looks like this:
C- Kevin Willis/Javale McGee
PF- LeBron James/Kris Humphries
SF- Gerald Green/Paul Pressey/Steve Novak
SG- Jason Terry/Nick Anderson/Anthony Morrow
PG- Brandon Jennings/Jeremy Lin

Jeremy Lin is garbage. I just cannot score with him no matter how often I practice his shot. I tend to switch Jennings, Lin, Terry & Pressey between the pg position throughout a game. I obviously need better big men. I'm considering picking up Reggie Evans for the rebounding boost, but he's worth over 10k VC.

I don't know what to do to advance other than blowing up this roster and replacing everyone with gold players. I don't want to resort to that but I'm getting to the point where it seems to be my only option. I keep facing guys with all good line-ups anyway, so maybe it's necessary...

KDthunderup
06-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Can someone give me some tips? I cant ****ing stop the 3 point cheesers, I play 1-3-1 zone and try and run them off the line but they still ****ing knock down contested 3's then I always miss open 3s with a perfect release with guys like Carmelo and Morrow.

Pisses me off to no end

d.bball.guy
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Played another game. I was pissed like hell. I kept on missing WIDE OPEN 3s while my opponent kept on making contested ones and he doesn't even have legends :facepalm :mad:

d.bball.guy
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Can someone give me some tips? I cant ****ing stop the 3 point cheesers, I play 1-3-1 zone and try and run them off the line but they still ****ing knock down contested 3's then I always miss open 3s with a perfect release with guys like Carmelo and Morrow.

Pisses me off to no end
:lol I guess I'm not the only one

Scholar
06-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't know what to do to advance other than blowing up this roster and replacing everyone with gold players. I don't want to resort to that but I'm getting to the point where it seems to be my only option. I keep facing guys with all good line-ups anyway, so maybe it's necessary...

Ok, I finally did it. After going 6-6 in the 4th, then starting it 0-2 again, I said, "F*ck it" and sold all my sellable players, except for the legends.

I ended up with 60K VC, spent up to 51K on gold & purple packs, ended up with practically nothing, so I farmed VC and then picked up a few gold players to make a new roster.

I then played a guy who had an entirely hold roster with guys like LBJ, MJ, Bird, Magic, Malone, Shaq, CP3, Melo, etc.
I only lost by 2 PTs. Had his ass frustrated. I'm not happy I lost but looking at his roster and then seeing mine, you'd think I'd have gotten blown out. :oldlol:

I'm 1-3 in the 4th now and at this rate, I'm not sure if it's even worth thinking I'll win enough to stay in the 4th seed again.

vinsanity2756
07-12-2013, 06:31 PM
I lost 4 out of 6 games now because of some kind of connection glitch. The game tells me it has found an opponent, and then I get the message waiting for opponent and it starts counting down. After that I get the loss every single time. So frustrating. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

Scholar
07-13-2013, 06:24 AM
I lost 4 out of 6 games now because of some kind of connection glitch. The game tells me it has found an opponent, and then I get the message waiting for opponent and it starts counting down. After that I get the loss every single time. So frustrating. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

Nope. It's happened to me so much that I stopped playing this mode.

CanYouDigIt
07-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Danny Ainge-Patty Mills
Ben Gordon- Marshon Brooks
Gerald Green-Richard Jefferson
Lebron James
Javale McGee-Bill Walton

Is the 9-Man lineup I use.

I use Lebron as a point guard and usually just drive and kick to a shooter with him.

Danny Ainge has Corner Specialist and Alley-Ooper

Ben Gordon has Microwave and Shot Creator (He's my poor man's Kobe)

Green and Lebron have Posterizer

Lebron has Floor General

Javale has Defensive Anchor