PDA

View Full Version : Obama v. Romney Debate 1 of 3 IGT

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Discuss the debate here...

I can't wait for Romney's zingers. :rockon:

TheMan
10-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Unless the President or Gov. Romney have a big gaffe, both sides will claim victory. Debates haven't been historically the game changers the media have been portraying them to be.

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Unless the President or Gov. Romney have a big gaffe, both sides will claim victory. Debates haven't been historically the game changers the media have been portraying them to be.

Why did you back out the ban bet?

Godzuki
10-03-2012, 07:43 PM
i just really hope the fact checkers are on their game, and start directly confronting these candidates that BS. whether its Romney or Obama, i'm so tired of politicians not getting called out directly and in the moment for things that aren't true or half true distorted. even if the debate has to be sidetracked or stopped to get to the bottom line truth out i wish they'd focus on that more than anything since the whole political game these days is lie to the masses with distorted 'facts'.

Loneshot
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
anyone have a live stream link

bada bing
10-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Romney is going to deliver a lot of zingers. He is also going to flat out lie or exaggerate. These guys know that everyone is going to watch the debate and no one will pay attention to the lies and misfacts. They will just say the candidate misspoke or meant something else. Fact is they will say what they want to make the other guy look weak and wrong. No one is going to pay attention when the next day the media is calling out the candidates on their lies.

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 08:11 PM
anyone have a live stream link

http://www.youtube.com/politics?feature=inp-hp-ype-26

Loneshot
10-03-2012, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/politics?feature=inp-hp-ype-26

Is that playing for you? Just keeps loading for me.

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Is that playing for you? Just keeps loading for me.

It works for me.

Loneshot
10-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Right now i'm watching the Al Jazeera stream.
http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/

Reef
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!

Dictator
10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
:biggums:

edit: :biggums:

Reef
10-03-2012, 09:17 PM
LOL @ Romney ignoring the moderator.

sunsfan1357
10-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Romney comparing Obama to his five year old kids :oldlol:

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Romney is abusing Obama.

Reef
10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Romney is already getting agitated.

dunksby
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Romney is a populist douche, can't believe he is a main candidate for US presidency :facepalm

brandonislegend
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Romney "those are poor kids" I mean "low income kids"

Styles p
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
lol at romney calling it obamacare what a dick.

BEAST Griffin
10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Embarrassing how people just sheepishly only support candidates served to them on a silver platter by the crooked media.

embersyc
10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not going to cut taxes. I'm going to lower the rates?

:wtf: That's the same ****ing thing.

Dictator
10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
That niqqa Romney didn't explain shit.

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Mitt easily won this debate. Romney will be leading in the polls by Friday.

brandonislegend
10-03-2012, 10:40 PM

and then you woke up

bagelred
10-03-2012, 10:40 PM
People seem agitated Obama didn't do more. "Why didn't he mention 47%?" "Why didn't he go on attack more on Romney's Lies?"

Someone on twitter was describing it perfectly. Obama was playing a "prevent defense". He just didn't want to make a mistake. No stupid moments, no game changers.....Obama knows he's winning so he just didn't want to f-ck anything up. Nice, safe, boring, sleepy answers that no one can use against him.

So even if Romney "wins" debate, there's really no game changer here.

Actually, when the internet gets through with Romney, you'll see how all his lies are going to come back to haunt him.

And now we'll hear all about Romney and Big Bird tomorrow. :lol

Dictator
10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
and then you woke up

lol

Rasheed1
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Romney held up OK tonight...

He is really gonna have to be alot more specific though. Alot of his comments work the first time you hear it, but then he just seemed to repeat himself.

I didnt get what Romnay was saying about education dollars following the student under IDEA... Dollars already follow the student.... he didnt make any sense in his education talk

But he held up a little better than I expected he would...

Still he'll need a big moment for any of this to matter, and he didnt get it tonight

irondarts
10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Romney held up OK tonight...

He is really gonna have to be alot more specific though. Alot of his comments work the first time you hear it, but then he just seemed to repeat himself.

I didnt get what Romnay was saying about education dollars following the student under IDEA... Dollars already follow the student.... he didnt make any sense in his education talk

But he held up a little better than I expected he would...

Still he'll need a big moment for any of this to matter, and he didnt get it tonight
Yup. This just made no sense. His points on education were ignorant, and didn't make much sense.

Romney won the style points, but he just isn't being specific at all. He needs to stop being so vague and explain specifically where he plans on taking the country if he wins, the public deserves to know specifics.

KingBeasley08
10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
tonight, I realized how fvcked this country is. both of these guys are ass

LBJMVP
10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
and then you woke up

you honestly have to be bias to not think romney won that debate.

this whole site is 99% liberal :lol

brandonislegend
10-03-2012, 10:51 PM

this whole site is 99% liberal :lol

read bagelred post cause I am not reposting.

tpols
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
This is the first presidential debate I've ever watched and holy shit these guys are both bulls hitting so hard.. Offering policies and promoting dreams with zero plans or specific blueprints. I wonder if any of these guys give a shit about the country or just themselves.

And Romney smug smile after each of his points was:roll: that judge dude was getting abused too

bmulls
10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
This is the first presidential debate I've ever watched and holy shit these guys are both bulls hitting so hard.. Offering policies and promoting dreams with zero plans or specific blueprints. I wonder if any of these guys give a shit about the country or just themselves.

And Romney smug smile after each of his points was:roll: that judge dude was getting abused too

That's exactly how I saw it as well. Pandering to the masses but then offering literally 0 substance on how they actually plan to implement these grand ideas.

Romney absolutely came across better than Obama but neither one of them really said anything.

28renyoy
10-03-2012, 10:59 PM

this whole site is 99% negroid :lol

fify

fos
10-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Big win for Romney tonight, hi only glaring weakness was on Obamacare (which he obviously couldn't attack much since it was modeled after Romneycare). I'm not saying Romney won because I think he won, I'm going off of the general consensus and the 400 independent voters NBC polled after the debate. 22% thought Obama won compared to 46% for Romney, that and Romney has closed the gap on this "who cares for the middle class" bullshit (Romney 63, Obama 69). In other news Romney is up 4 points on Obama in swing states :cheers:

The lesser of two evils may win yet! :banana: :D

fos
10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
It's true neither really gave any specifics, but that's what you have to do to get elected. We already know about Obama so his "plans" don't mean much, he's had 4 years to show us what he'll do (or fail to do). Romney can't be specific because people vote what benefits them personally over what is good for the country at large, so he can't say he'll cut all these entitlement programs (which needs to be done) and lower taxes on the wealthy (who happen to create jobs).

LBJMVP
10-03-2012, 11:09 PM

:rolleyes: whatever

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Big win for Romney tonight, hi only glaring weakness was on Obamacare (which he obviously couldn't attack much since it was modeled after Romneycare). I'm not saying Romney won because I think he won, I'm going off of the general consensus and the 400 independent voters NBC polled after the debate. 22% thought Obama won compared to 46% for Romney, that and Romney has closed the gap on this "who cares for the middle class" bullshit (Romney 63, Obama 69). In other news Romney is up 4 points on Obama in swing states :cheers:

The lesser of two evils may win yet! :banana: :D

Romney is back. :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheMan
10-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Why did you back out the ban bet?
Who says I backed out?

Obama has this election won. Debates don't make that much of a difference, Kerry skvllfvcked W and guess who won.

tpols
10-03-2012, 11:14 PM
That's exactly dick. I saw it as well. Pandering to the masses but then offering literally 0 substance on how they actually plan to implement these grand ideas.

Romney absolutely came across better than Obama but neither one of them really said anything.
Romney has material to go off. We saw Obama fvck up. All he has to do is research the numbers and hammer him. Obama will blame the people before him as usual but he has no real dirt on Romney.

Romney seems to take more of a ruthless business 'efficient' approach while Obama plays the overly humanitarian. Romney, is a scumbag and a dick. Obama is soft and doesn't know anything. They both suck and I ain't voting.

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Who says I backed out?

Obama has this won.

You never responded.

Obama won?:roll: :roll:

You'll be very upset reading Friday's poll numbers.

KingBeasley08
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
^ same here (party cuz MD is already decided). I'm 18 and felt like I should take the time to actually vote this year but it really isn't worth it. Neither of these two will truly accomplish anything. The Winner's fanbase can just claim it has a bigger d!ck than the other side

BrickingStar
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM

Reading it doesn't change the fact the Romney did actually win the debate not really close but that doesn't mean he will win nor will he but if you can't accept the fact that Romney didn't win this debate then it sucks knowing I'll be voting along side a retard for the same president.

TheMan
10-03-2012, 11:17 PM
:roll:

InspiredLebowski
10-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Some of you guys need to look up how much the debates effect the polls.

They don't.

knickballer
10-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Romney has material to go off. We saw Obama fvck up. All he has to do is research the numbers and hammer him. Obama will blame the people before him as usual but he has no real dirt on Romney.

Romney seems to take more of a ruthless business 'efficient' approach while Obama plays the overly humanitarian. Romney, is a scumbag and a dick. Obama is soft and doesn't know anything. They both suck and I ain't voting.

I wouldn't say that, this is the same man who gloats about killing Osama, the same man who bombed the shit out of libya, the same man who authorizes drone attacks in the middle east(which kills thousands of innocents), the same man who still hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan despite his lies coming into office, the same man who has turned the USA into a police state(or will turn).

Obama is ruthless :oldlol:

tpols
10-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't say that, this is the same man who gloats about killing Osama, the same man who bombed the shit out of libya, the same man who authorizes drone attacks in the middle east(which kills thousands of innocents), the same man who still hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan despite his lies coming into office, the same man who has turned the USA into a police state(or will turn).

Obama is ruthless :oldlol:
Yea I'm talking about how he acts when he's up on stage lying to people.

TheMan
10-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Some of you guys need to look up how much the debates effect the polls.

They don't.
This

Nate Silver had an interesting article on how little effect debates have, the media play it up because they want ratings...

longhorns1234 is a political newbie if he believes Romney will be up by Friday:lol

bmulls
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
This

Nate Silver had an interesting article on how little effect debates have, the media play it up because they want ratings...

longhorns1234 is a political newbie if he believes Romney will be up by Friday:lol

I thought televised debates were one of the main reasons Kennedy beat Nixon ?

:confusedshrug:

Not arguing with you, I really don't know a lot about politics.

InspiredLebowski
10-03-2012, 11:29 PM
This

longhorns1234 is a political newbie if he believes Romney will be up by Friday:lolI overstated when I said they don't effect the polls, they do, but not a lot at all. Romney's absolutely going to get a couple percentage points from tonight, and he should, he killed it. But he won't be leading.

But he does it again in a few weeks...

longhornfan1234
10-03-2012, 11:29 PM
This

^

Did not read the left leaning NBC poll after the debate. :facepalm

InspiredLebowski
10-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I thought televised debates were one of the main reasons Kennedy beat Nixon ?

:confusedshrug:

Not arguing with you, I really don't know a lot about politics.Those were literally the first televised debates ever and Kennedy was, well, Kennedy. All the smooth good looking dude shit you hear about. Nixon was legitimately sick and dripping sweat (youtube it). Nothing near what happened tonight.

TheMan
10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Those were literally the first televised debates ever and Kennedy was, well, Kennedy. All the smooth good looking dude shit you hear about. Nixon was legitimately sick and dripping sweat (youtube it). Nothing near what happened tonight.
Yeah, in a very tight race, they can effect the outcome, but Romney has been consistently down, especially in the swing states. Kerry drubbed W in 04 in every debate and he made it close but still lost. Romney is going to need to destroy Obama in the next 2 debates but you can bet Obama is gonna be more fiesty next time.

MMM
10-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Both spewed BS but Romney confidently spewed his.

Patrick Chewing
10-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Romney is abusing Obama.

Understatement of the year. Romney haunted Obama tonight. Obama's gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight with nightmares. Romney looking at him square in the eye while Obama looked down or away was amusing.

Myth
10-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Romney presented better, but I still have absolutely no faith in him helping out the middle class and the poor.

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Understatement of the year. Romney haunted Obama tonight. Obama's gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight with nightmares. Romney looking at him square in the eye while Obama looked down or away was amusing.

We never agree, but I have to say that quote goes quite well with the Bane avatar.

(Also, I spelled that Bain, the first time.)

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Who says I backed out?

You and longhorns need to set the terms of the bet.
Let's do it tonight.

What's the basic terms of the bet?

LBJMVP
10-04-2012, 12:05 AM
i kinda of compare the debates to an NBA game.

you have your mind made up about who you want to win a long time before that game happens.... so, when it finally comes on all you see is all the good things you team does/all the good calls for you team, and all the bad things the other team does/all the bad calls.

in a debate you only see the good things you opponent does and the bad things the other candidate does.

the polls are a months away, minds are made up by now.

Patrick Chewing
10-04-2012, 12:06 AM
We never agree, but I have to say that quote goes quite well with the Bane avatar.

(Also, I spelled that Bain, the first time.)

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Bane-Romney-300x225.jpg

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:08 AM
There would have been so much of those if that idiot didn't shoot up a theater.

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Those were literally the first televised debates ever and Kennedy was, well, Kennedy. All the smooth good looking dude shit you hear about. Nixon was legitimately sick and dripping sweat (youtube it). Nothing near what happened tonight.

Nixon also refused to use makeup, which was probably even more necessary than it is today (at least before HD).

I think every candidate since then has used makeup.

Nixon got very, very good about using TV in 1968. He hired Roger Ailes, yes the same guy who runs Fox News and Ailes told him what was what.

InspiredLebowski
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Santorum getting his Palin Part Deux career started making the talk show rounds tonight.

Dude's on Letterman and Letterman's just letting him do bits. Santorum's a nobody so there's no need to crush him or whatever, but Letterman disagrees with him on basically everything and he's acting all chummy. It's weird to watch.

TheMan
10-04-2012, 10:12 AM
You and longhorns need to set the terms of the bet.
Let's do it tonight.

What's the basic terms of the bet?
Terms of the bet are...
I say Obama gets 300 plus electoral votes, Romney stays under 260, even if Romney gets, say 262 and doesn't win, I lose. That's how confident I am that Obama has it in the bag.

A one year ban here from Nov 6th 2012 to Nov 6th 2013 for the loser. I'm in, just need longhorn1234 to accept the terms.

longhornfan1234
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Terms of the bet are...
I say Obama gets 300 plus electoral votes, Romney stays under 260, even if Romney gets, say 262 and doesn't win, I lose. That's how confident I am that Obama has it in the bag.

A one year ban here from Nov 6th 2012 to Nov 6th 2013 for the loser. I'm in, just need longhorn1234 to accept the terms.

I'll accept the bet. This is too easy. :lol

rezznor
10-04-2012, 10:54 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487518_10102410000042470_1518448568_n.jpg

niko
10-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Romney did better, but the problem was he said absolutely nothing a person who didn't want to vote for him prior would embrace. Nothing to change anyone's mind.

He articulated much better his policies which i don't like or believe. The people i see raving about his performance are his supporters, which is because they were looking for a game changer. I don't think one exists.

TheSilentKiller
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
I'll accept the bet. This is too easy. :lol
Even if you win the bet you should take a one year ban anyway. For the rest of us.

IGOTGAME
10-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Romney did better, but the problem was he said absolutely nothing a person who didn't want to vote for him prior would embrace. Nothing to change anyone's mind.

He articulated much better his policies which i don't like or believe. The people i see raving about his performance are his supporters, which is because they were looking for a game changer. I don't think one exists.
I disagree. I think the big thing is that Barack looked flustered and lost control of the debate. It was a poor performance. He didn't look presidential.

JaggerCommaMick
10-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Romney presented better, but I still have absolutely no faith in him helping out the middle class and the poor.

Mate, the governments job aint to carry everybody around. Thats why its called the Declaration of INdependence. Thats why your preamble says every man is endowed by his creator to "life liberty and pursuit of happiness." It dot say hes endowed by the federal government to receive free money they took from some other guy.

Americans have huge incarceration rates.
Americans homes increasingly value education less than foreign ones.
Americans live far less healthy than any other developed countries.

These are problems AMERICANS create, mate.

The fact you are saying "I dont trust [this one guy over here] to fix this!" basically shows the backward mindset you and so many other yanks have about the federal government, how you make excuses, pretend to be victims, and cant lift your own self up".

You ARE fostering a country of self defeated losers who are convinced they cant provide a decent life for THEMSELF in the most richly opportune country in the world. How bloody pathetic is that, mate?

Your one simple ignorant statemet demonstrates the exact attitude that is causing America to turn into a shambles.

TheMan
10-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I disagree. I think the big thing is that Barack looked flustered and lost control of the debate. It was a poor performance. He didn't look presidential.
How quickly people forget. This election reminds me so much of 04, lots of similarities, a likable incumbent really hated by the opposition, a challenger from Massachuetts who was viewed as an unlikable, super rich who can't connect always down in the polls to the incumbent even though he should be winning...

Just remember that Kerry abused W in those debates but who won?

As an Obama supporter, I hope his second term doesn't end like W's:oldlol:

rufuspaul
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Romney did what he should've been doing all along. From the Charlotte Observer editorial:

This wasn't the 47 percent guy, stumbling from one gaffe into another. It wasn't the candidate who made independents uneasy by giving himself up to the extremes of his party. The Mitt Romney that debated Wednesday night was the nominee moderates in each party hoped for long ago. He won the debate in a rout.

Is it going to make a difference with the electoral college? Probably not.

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Terms of the bet are...

Just to clarify.

There's 538 total electoral votes. If Obama gets 300, there's only 238 votes left and there's no way Romney can get to 260, so you only need one of those terms.

If Romney got 262. Obama could win with 276 electoral votes.

So since you're confident, let's take the most difficult scenario as the terms of the bet. Obama wins more than 299 electoral votes.

TheMan
10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Mate, the governments job aint to carry everybody around. Thats why its called the Declaration of INdependence. Thats why your preamble says every man is endowed by his creator to "life liberty and pursuit of happiness." It dot say hes endowed by the federal government to receive free money they took from some other guy.

Americans have huge incarceration rates.
Americans homes increasingly value education less than foreign ones.
Americans live far less healthy than any other developed countries.

These are problems AMERICANS create, mate.

The fact you are saying "I dont trust [this one guy over here] to fix this!" basically shows the backward mindset you and so many other yanks have about the federal government, how you make excuses, pretend to be victims, and cant lift your own self up".

You ARE fostering a country of self defeated losers who are convinced they cant provide a decent life for THEMSELF in the most richly opportune country in the world. How bloody pathetic is that, mate?

Your one simple ignorant statemet demonstrates the exact attitude that is causing America to turn into a shambles.

I suggest you take a look at your own backyard before you come here talking shit about 'Merica, if it weren't for us, youd be speaking German today, you limey cvnt.

Bugger off, you twaat. Mind yer own fvcking business, no one here gives a shit what a foriegner thinks of us.

TheMan
10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Just to clarify.

There's 538 total electoral votes. If Obama gets 300, there's only 238 votes left and there's no way Romney can get to 260, so you only need one of those terms.

If Romney got 262. Obama could win with 276 electoral votes.

So since you're confident, let's take the most difficult scenario as the terms of the bet. Obama wins more than 299 electoral votes.
I'm down for that.

niko
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I still didn't see anything that makes me think people will flock to ROmney. The only buzz i hear this morning is from political pundits (who treat the debates like a sporting even and overreact accordingly) or the Romney supporters who are thrilled. That doesn't matter.

rezznor
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I suggest you take a look at your own backyard before you come here talking shit about 'Merica, if it weren't for us, youd be speaking German today, you limey cvnt.

Bugger off, you twaat. Mind yer own fvcking business, no one here gives a shit what a foriegner thinks of us.
dude ain't british. that's starface.

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:01 PM
By the way, it looks like the James Fallows article I cited about Obama not being a strong debater and Romney being a good debater was validated.

The next one is a town hall format which I think plays better for Obama.

Also people are speculating that Obama's might have had his mind on this.

Turkey and Syria have started shooting at each other. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/04/turkey-syria-threat-security-live)

TheMan
10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
dude ain't british. that's starface.
I know he ain't British, they don't use "mate" that much, that's the Aussies, I'm just playing along with his lame gimmick.

niko
10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
By the way, it looks like the James Fallows article I cited about Obama not being a strong debater and Romney being a good debater was validated.

The next one is a town hall format which I think plays better for Obama.

Also people are speculating that Obama's might have had his mind on this.

Turkey and Syria have started shooting at each other. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/04/turkey-syria-threat-security-live)
Turkey and Syria are always shooting at each other. Syria lets the Kurds operate from their territory.

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Some headlines

Turkey's parliament authorises military operations against Syria
Turkish military fires into Syria for second day after five civilians are killed by shelling in border town

Turkey strikes back at Syria, approves further military action

Turkey retaliates after deadly shelling from Syria

Turkey shells Syria: Will NATO be drawn into conflict?

Syria and Turkey: how long can the world's great powers sit on their hands?

NATO demands halt to Syria aggression against Turkey

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
This is the Turkish military and the Turkish government. 5 Turkish civlians were killed yesterday by Syrian mortars. Russia, the UN, Nato, etc are all involved. This isn't ordinary.

dunksby
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
This is the Turkish military and the Turkish government. 5 Turkish civlians were killed yesterday by Syrian mortars. Russia, the UN, Nato, etc are all involved. This isn't ordinary.
Rebels have strategically captured border checkpoints trying to pressure Assad, that's why Syria has attacked Turkey which along with the Jet Fighter incident forced Turkey to act. Now is this just Turkey trying to intimidate Syria and show the Turkish people that they have done something against Syria's attacks or is it Turkey trying to get NATO involved and do away with Assad? Syria is Iran's last line of defense and subsequently Russia/China's front against the West.

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Romney did what he should've been doing all along. From the Charlotte Observer editorial:

Quote:
This wasn't the 47 percent guy, stumbling from one gaffe into another. It wasn't the candidate who made independents uneasy by giving himself up to the extremes of his party. The Mitt Romney that debated Wednesday night was the nominee moderates in each party hoped for long ago. He won the debate in a rout.

Actually, I think was the Romney we've seen all along. As in the 47% tape, he was telling the audience what it wanted to hear. Did he really think everyone who doesn't pay federal income taxes is an Obama voter? Obama would be up by like 10-15 nationwide if that was true. On the tape that came out, he was quite a smooth talker who said was his audience wanted to hear and didn't let his facts get in the way.

That's what he did last night as well.

He claimed he has a lengthy plan to replace Obamacare. His plan is one page long.

He claimed that preexisting conditions will be covered under his plan. (Only if you have continuous coverage).

He claimed that kids could be on their parents health plan until age 26 because that's already the law. Yeah, the law that Obama fought for and the one you want to repeal.

He claimed he won't cut taxes on the rich. Well he has said he would cut tax rates across the board by 20% and eliminate the estate taxes. Sounds like the rich would do very well.

He claimed his tax plan would not cost 5 trillion dollars. However, the non partisan experts who have looked at his plan, say this will be the cost over the next decade.

He says he can make this up by eliminating loopholes and deductions (and that he won't raise taxes on the middle class). When the nonpartisan experts say: A. There's not enough loopholes and deductions paid only by the rich to make up for the $500 billion in tax cuts per year his plan.
B. To make up those cuts, you would have to go after deductions and credits used by the middle class.

He claims his plan is revenue neutral, however he's never actually given us the details of what his plan is. His plan is basically Trust Me, it will work out.

Romney's gaffes tend to come out when he is unsure of what to say to his audience. He was very well prepared and on message in this debate.

rezznor
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I know he ain't British, they don't use "mate" that much, that's the Aussies, I'm just playing along with his lame gimmick.
yup. that gimmick uses mate more times in one post then i have heard in all the times i've been to london

KevinNYC
10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
On the Obama side.

He said insurance premiums grew at the slowest rate in 50 years. Not true. Overall healthcare spending has grown slowly, not premiums.

He said he had a $4 trillion dollar deficit reduction plan for the next 10 years. Some $2 trillion of this is already agreed to and in place.

Edit: Obama also talked about using the savings from winding down the wars and implied we could use that money elsewhere. The wars were never paid for. We were borrowing that money. So you still would need to cut the department of defense budget significantly.

crisoner
10-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't see the use for debates really anymore.
I remember Bush sounding like a bumbling idiot and he won twice.
And from what I saw last night it was the same speeches and topics the candidates have been say over and over.

I don't understand how people would be undecided.
The two candidates have clear differences.
I do not think they are undecided I think they are just tuning in?

upside24
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Both covered topics their campaign has already beaten into our minds through ads but Romney seemed more comfortable. I don't know if the fact that Romney handled the debate somewhat better than Obama will swing any votes his way because policy wise they seem very different.

PejaNowitzki
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Is it going to make a difference with the electoral college? Probably not.

I disagree. Obama is still under 50% in the vote, for an incumbent, that's risky territory. I get the feeling that there's a bunch of former Obama voters who aren't too enthused after the past 4 years and right now they are looking for a reason to give Romney a chance or they'll simply stay at home come Election day. Most of the post-debate focus groups showed a major leaning towards Romney after coming in neutral or even favoring Obama, don't underestimate the ability of the American people to fall for emotion-driven rubbish, its how Obama got elected in the first place after all.

This race is very much up for grabs and what Romney did last night, the single most important thing he accomplished was that he basically overturned 4+ months and 100+ million dollars worth of advertising that tried painting him a certain way. He brought his own campaign back and earned himself a new chance, with over a month to go, this will tighten up even further as Romney will probably gain a point or two in the polls as a result.

The worst thing Obama did last night was to look passive. I'm sure there was some sort of strategy to play the nice guy role and let Romney come off as too aggressive and a bully that would turn off independent voters, especially women, but instead, Romney came out looking decisive and strong and Obama came out looking petulant and weak, neither being a good trait for someone in a leadership position.

On the real, both of these guys are full of it and told all sorts of tall tales, but a major part of the debate is presentation and presence and in that, Romney won hands down.

DCL
10-04-2012, 04:27 PM
romney's load of bullshit was better than obama's, but it was still bullshit. :lol

crisoner
10-04-2012, 04:28 PM
romney's load of bullshit was better than obama's, but it was still bullshit. :lol

LOL good way to put it.

But f*ck Romney I will vote on the lesser of two evils.

PejaNowitzki
10-04-2012, 04:31 PM

Well yeah. It's not so much about what you say but how you say it. Only political nerds will go run off and factcheck everything, the average person will watch, when its over they'll change the channel and turn on Jersey Shore but the emotional impression they got from the debate will stick with them. 99% of what is said is usually BS but its all about appearances, seeming competent and confident.

PejaNowitzki
10-04-2012, 04:33 PM
The CU model which has been accurately predicting electoral winners since 1980 has Romney winning big right now after new economic data was input.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_21698333/cu-boulder-profs-updated-forecast-still-gives-win

With the presidential election a little more than a month away, political science professors from the University of Colorado have updated their election forecast with more current economic conditions and are standing by their prediction that Mitt Romney will win.

The professors -- Kenneth Bickers of CU's Boulder campus and Michael Berry of CU's Denver campus -- project that Romney will earn 330 of the total 538 Electoral College votes.

President Barack Obama is expected to receive 208 votes, which is down five from the initial prediction that the professors announced on Aug. 22.

daily
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Al Gore's blaming Obama's performance on the altitude.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?hpt=hp_t2

rufuspaul
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Al Gore's blaming Obama's performance on the altitude.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?hpt=hp_t2

:roll:

That's good spin right there. Let's hope getting one's ass kicked is covered under obamacare.

longhornfan1234
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=PejaNowitzki]The CU model which has been accurately predicting electoral winners since 1980 has Romney winning big right now after new economic data was input.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_21698333/cu-boulder-profs-updated-forecast-still-gives-win[/QUOTE.
It's over for Obama. :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheMan
10-04-2012, 06:12 PM
The CU model which has been accurately predicting electoral winners since 1980 has Romney winning big right now after new economic data was input.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_21698333/cu-boulder-profs-updated-forecast-still-gives-win
lol

TheMan
10-04-2012, 06:14 PM
http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/galleries/2012/10/04/romney-would-cut-pbs-funding-7-unemployed-big-bird-memes-photos/_jcr_content/gallery/297b10e0-7809-40ab-a84f-73cdfc833171/image.img.472.315.jpg/1349326230863.cached.jpg

longhornfan1234
10-04-2012, 06:55 PM
lol
You can't accept reality. :lol

Is He Ill
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebDlVAcpGo

Obama tells supporters in Denver that the real Mitt Romney was not present at last nights debate.

upside24
10-04-2012, 08:42 PM
http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/galleries/2012/10/04/romney-would-cut-pbs-funding-7-unemployed-big-bird-memes-photos/_jcr_content/gallery/297b10e0-7809-40ab-a84f-73cdfc833171/image.img.472.315.jpg/1349326230863.cached.jpg
Repped.

97 bulls
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Actually, I think was the Romney we've seen all along. As in the 47% tape, he was telling the audience what it wanted to hear. Did he really think everyone who doesn't pay federal income taxes is an Obama voter? Obama would be up by like 10-15 nationwide if that was true. On the tape that came out, he was quite a smooth talker who said was his audience wanted to hear and didn't let his facts get in the way.

That's what he did last night as well.

He claimed he has a lengthy plan to replace Obamacare. His plan is one page long.

He claimed that preexisting conditions will be covered under his plan. (Only if you have continuous coverage).

He claimed that kids could be on their parents health plan until age 26 because that's already the law. Yeah, the law that Obama fought for and the one you want to repeal.

He claimed he won't cut taxes on the rich. Well he has said he would cut tax rates across the board by 20% and eliminate the estate taxes. Sounds like the rich would do very well.

He claimed his tax plan would not cost 5 trillion dollars. However, the non partisan experts who have looked at his plan, say this will be the cost over the next decade.

He says he can make this up by eliminating loopholes and deductions (and that he won't raise taxes on the middle class). When the nonpartisan experts say: A. There's not enough loopholes and deductions paid only by the rich to make up for the $500 billion in tax cuts per year his plan.
B. To make up those cuts, you would have to go after deductions and credits used by the middle class.

He claims his plan is revenue neutral, however he's never actually given us the details of what his plan is. His plan is basically Trust Me, it will work out.

Romney's gaffes tend to come out when he is unsure of what to say to his audience. He was very well prepared and on message in this debate.
Romney also said there are no incentives for sending jobs overseas. That's a lie

97 bulls
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
The biggest problem was the moderator. He allowed Romney to dictate the tempo and get the last word on every topic. He was terrible.

Nanners
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
i think obama could stand there completely stone cold silent during the debates and still win this election. shitty mitty has no chance

but im voting for gary johnson or jill stein

Nanners
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
if anything mitt romney said last night was true, he should probably be running as a democrat.

he called for more regulation on industry

he changed his position on rich people and taxes

he wants to get rid of obamacare and in the same sentence talks about how his identical romneycare plan was the greatest thing ever for massachusetts.

there is this hilarious cognitive dissonance that occurs when hardcore right wing middle americans support a guy like mitt romney. look at this guy, he is a slick ny businessman who harvests companies in middle america to enrich himself, he flip flops on literally every issue possible, he basically created obamacare, and on top of that he dodged the draft because he is in a cult. he also pays a lower tax rate than you pay, but you work in tire shop in oklahoma city. the right wing rush limbaugh and evangelical christian crowd has to pull off some serious mental gymnastics to get behind romney.

Dictator
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
I like how Romney changed his stance on nearly every one of his opinions and the average person believes he won because he was "aggressive".

:coleman:

JaggerCommaMick
10-04-2012, 11:20 PM
there is this hilarious cognitive dissonance that occurs when hardcore right wing middle americans support a guy like mitt romney. look at this guy, he is a slick ny businessman who harvests companies in middle america to enrich himself, he flip flops on literally every issue possible, he basically created obamacare, and on top of that he dodged the draft because he is in a cult. he also pays a lower tax rate than you pay, but you work in tire shop in oklahoma city. the right wing rush limbaugh and evangelical christian crowd has to pull off some serious mental gymnastics to get behind romney.

Yeah those suckers have been roped into havin principles, aye mate?

You work in a tire shop, he works in a office, you both should keep what you earn, rather than let the government waste it. What a bunch of bollocks! Taxes are lower on investment returns because those require risk. Important risk to innovation and economic growth. Evil bastards! Mate, the bloke in the tire shop can invest too. If he dont, it aint nobody elses fault. He could go to night school and learn investment strategies. Some folks do, and they improve themselves. Others spend it on a new truck, a pack of marb reds each day, season tickets to the local ball team. Thats also his prerogative. Thats called bein free, mate.

Fa ggots like tou who expect everyone to be able to make different choices, but then demand the same results and play the victim card when it dont happen, are NOT the kind of men America was built by. You belong in a male bathouse givin AIDS to Freddy Mercury mate. Youre just a neurotic hand wringin pansy. Thats all that is, mate. Plain and simple.

Give your mum a call mate and cry to her on the phone about mean ol Mitt who wont take care of you.

Fa ggot.

Cheers mate :cheers:

Nanners
10-05-2012, 11:21 PM
lmao at getting negged twice for what i said this thread. one of them was signed kevinnyc but i dont really think it was him

KevinNYC
10-06-2012, 12:02 AM
lmao at getting negged twice for what i said this thread. one of them was signed kevinnyc but i dont really think it was him

I sign my negs insidehoops (Jeff)