PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets are gonna be a shit show this year.

Ass Dan
10-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Lin won't live up to the hype.

Royce White is gonna be a distraction.

Kevin Martin is far and away their best player.

The roster is loaded with absolute scrubs.

Can any Houston fans tell me they are excited about this team? Seems like being the 4th biggest city is like coming fourth in the Olympics, no one cares and you suck.

Not trying to be a dick, but what the hell is Daryl Morey doing?

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Since Orlando decided to make an awful trade with other teams instead of Houston, Morey can't control that. I still think he made the best offer, but Orlando decided on something different. Us Rockets fans are excited because our team is about to start playing. We aren't fair weather fans bro. We're excited through the good times and the bad. We're getting good assets together to try and land a big name free agent via a trade. That's all we really can do. :rockon:

Point Blank
10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
What bigs do they even have?

10-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Rockets are tanking tanking tanking.:cheers:

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
What bigs do they even have?

Omar Asik is really the only big we have. We have a shytload of PFs though lol.

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Rockets are tanking tanking tanking.:cheers:

As much as I would want them to, we have too much pride to do that. We're gonna get better through a different means. Which will take longer lol.

10-04-2012, 09:41 AM
As much as I would want them to, we have too much pride to do that. We're gonna get better through a different means. Which will take longer lol.

It would be unintentional tanking like the bobcats (that's what I meant).

At this point the only way is up (almost) for the Rockets.

spiegel
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Asik has been the Rockets best player in the camp. McHale and Carrol Dawson have taken him through some tough one on one sessions on offense and the Rockets are raving about how well he is playing. He'll suprise alot of folks this season.

We are in a rebuild mode so before you get better, you gotta expierene a bit of pain. Were building for the future.

DukeDelonte13
10-04-2012, 09:58 AM
they got to suck it up and tank for a few seasons.

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 10:23 AM

I'll put it this way, if we were in the East we would still make the playoffs. I honestly think that. Not as a fan, but as an evaluator of talent that my favorite team has lol. Even then though, we won't be the worst team in the league. We won't be a lottery team. I promise.

El Kabong
10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
They think Asik can have a Ben Wallace type impact on the team. Martin is a good SG, Lin will be solid and the rest could surprise you. I don't think they'll totally suck because they're a well coached and run team, but 25-30 wins would be my estimate.

fatboy11
10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
The Rockets do figure to have a shitty record this season, but Rocket fans have plenty to be excited about. We still have D-Mo, Terrance Jones, Lamb, Machado (could surprise some folks), and Royce White (though I think he's going to be a disaster and is already proving so). Then there's how Asik and Lin will handle expanded roles/leadership. Young, young team but the goal isn't to win right now. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Oh, there's also Chandler Parsons. This team isn't filled with "scrubs", it's filled with young players. 3 years from now, watch out. Especially when they add a big free agent and a high draft pick.

fatboy11
10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Kevin Martin is irrelevant right now. People should stop mentioning him. He will be traded.

Whoah10115
10-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Asik is going to be one of the top 5 defensive centers in the league, probably #4 behind Howard, Noah, Bogut and ahead of Tyson Chandler. I believe so.

I think Kevin Martin will be traded.

Fudge
10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Aren't they hosting the 2013 ASW too?

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Aren't they hosting the 2013 ASW too?

I think so. Awesome since we're gonna have the starting PG.

Ass Dan
10-04-2012, 02:15 PM
The Rockets do figure to have a shitty record this season, but Rocket fans have plenty to be excited about. We still have D-Mo, Terrance Jones, Lamb, Machado (could surprise some folks), and Royce White (though I think he's going to be a disaster and is already proving so). Then there's how Asik and Lin will handle expanded roles/leadership. Young, young team but the goal isn't to win right now. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Oh, there's also Chandler Parsons. This team isn't filled with "scrubs", it's filled with young players. 3 years from now, watch out. Especially when they add a big free agent and a high draft pick.

This is perhaps the most optimistic homer chunk of verbage ever posted on ISH.

If Martin is traded, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin are your veteran bedrock. HOLY F*CKIN SHIT!!!

fatboy11
10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
This is perhaps the most optimistic homer chunk of verbage ever posted on ISH.

If Martin is traded, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin are your veteran bedrock. HOLY F*CKIN SHIT!!!

You're thick.

The FO is not planing on winning a ton of games this year. If the record sucks, good, that's the plan. High draft pick. Plan A was get a superstar through trade and Plan B was go with a youth movement. We're on Plan B right now.

And what is so overly optimistic about what I said about those players. Are they not intriguing young players with a lot of potential?

The OP's simple-mindedness is typical of many ISH posters.

el gringos
10-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Lin
Lamb
Parsons/jones
Amare/Royce white
Asik

What's everybody so worried about. Amare is that #1 scorer they needed to allow Lin and asik to be their best and allow the rookies to develop without asking too much from them.

Houston has a very bright future w amare

brantonli
10-04-2012, 03:22 PM
There are clips of the scrimmage of the Rockets, and holy god. The players were fumbling, turning the ball over, bad passes, and that was just playing against each other. When a real NBA teams comes along.....I was slightly optimistic for the Rockets, but seeing the scrimmage videos, I'd say we lose by 10 pts each game.

SpecialQue
10-04-2012, 03:27 PM
:(

fatboy11
10-04-2012, 03:31 PM
There are clips of the scrimmage of the Rockets, and holy god. The players were fumbling, turning the ball over, bad passes, and that was just playing against each other. When a real NBA teams comes along.....I was slightly optimistic for the Rockets, but seeing the scrimmage videos, I'd say we lose by 10 pts each game.

Absolutely meaningless.

Trust me.

UtahJazzFan88
10-04-2012, 03:33 PM
It's about time Houston finally did a total rebuild and just played a bunch of rookies and a top 5 pick instead of the mediocrity.

el gringos
10-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Asik is going to be one of the top 5 defensive centers in the league, probably #4 behind Howard, Noah, Bogut and ahead of Tyson Chandler. I believe so.

I think Kevin Martin will be traded.
This guy agrees that they should trade Martin and Motiejunas for amare

Whoah10115
10-04-2012, 03:34 PM
The Rockets are in great position. They shouldn't want a shitty record.

They should want Dwight Howard to want to go there next year. That's very feasible. Chandler Parsons is a very very good player, does everything. Talent like White, Martin, Lamb...those guys are tradeable. So is Asik, if they ever had a shot at Howard. I don't see how this team should even be looking to a draft pick. They have pieces.

El Kabong
10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Did any of you Rocket fans read the AMA (ask me anything) Morey did on Reddit? Has some insight into what he had/has planned and why they made the moves they did.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/10mrkx/iam_the_houston_rockets_gm_ama/

KyrieTheFuture
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Better to be horrible than mediocre.

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Better to be horrible than mediocre.

We have too much pride as an organization to tank. It actually would be better for us in the short term meaning if we got a good pick, but that could be a bust. I like what we're doing. I really really do. You won't catch Rockets fans booing at the games or not supporting the team. It's frustrating to watch at times, but I understand that there isn't a superstar player farm or store out there. We were so close to getting Dwight. I think our time is coming.

KyrieTheFuture
10-04-2012, 04:51 PM
We have too much pride as an organization to tank. It actually would be better for us in the short term meaning if we got a good pick, but that could be a bust. I like what we're doing. I really really do. You won't catch Rockets fans booing at the games or not supporting the team. It's frustrating to watch at times, but I understand that there isn't a superstar player farm or store out there. We were so close to getting Dwight. I think our time is coming.

I don't mean tanking I mean it's better to have the worst roster in the league than the 15th best. The Rockets are in good position but it's real easy to **** up in this league.

FireDavidKahn
10-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Asik has been the Rockets best player in the camp. McHale and Carrol Dawson have taken him through some tough one on one sessions on offense and the Rockets are raving about how well he is playing. He'll suprise alot of folks this season.

We are in a rebuild mode so before you get better, you gotta expierene a bit of pain. Were building for the future.
If Omer Asik is your best player then you guys have issues.

Mr Exlax
10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't mean tanking I mean it's better to have the worst roster in the league than the 15th best. The Rockets are in good position but it's real easy to **** up in this league.

That's debatable. Morey said it himself that we will get better through a different means than by tanking or just plain out finishing and being in the lottery. I just don't understand how everybody is blaming Morey for us not landing Dwight. It's like they didn't see the bs that Orlando took for Dwight. We got all those picks to give to them so they could rebuild. Morey said he was gonna gut the team for a 1 year rental. I was all for it. We had better players than Orlando and he managed to carry them to a Finals one year.

fatboy11
10-04-2012, 04:56 PM
That's debatable. Morey said it himself that we will get better through a different means than by tanking or just plain out finishing and being in the lottery. I just don't understand how everybody is blaming Morey for us not landing Dwight. It's like they didn't see the bs that Orlando took for Dwight. We got all those picks to give to them so they could rebuild. Morey said he was gonna gut the team for a 1 year rental. I was all for it. We had better players than Orlando and he managed to carry them to a Finals one year.

Depends on what Morey really offered Orlando. They say it wasn't what was reported.

inclinerator
10-04-2012, 07:28 PM
jremy lin 28 9 amd 3

tomtucker
10-04-2012, 07:49 PM
at least they got rid of that smelly turd scola ! go rockets :applause:

ElPigto
10-04-2012, 11:30 PM

I think Lin is going to be God this season, you know, since I saw 25 games last year of his Godly potential.

Q.E.C
10-05-2012, 12:09 AM
The Rockets didn't have very high expectations last year, or even the year before, but we always seem to finish with a winning record. I wish they would tank so we can pick up a good rookie this year and sign some good players this off-season.

InspiredLebowski
10-05-2012, 01:57 AM
I don't really get Morey's rationale. He's openly admitted it's all about getting a superstar, has tried to move mountains to make it happen. Props for that.

But then he goes and spends a bunch of cash on Lin and Asik, doesn't dump Martin (yet). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He wants a superstar but he's not willing to just liquidate everything and get up high enough into the lotto to do it. Winning 25 games gives you a helluva lot better chance to get a stud than "collecting young assets" and praying one becomes available via trade while you tread water towards 35 wins.

Euroleague
10-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Daryl Morey is a horrible GM and an enormously arrogant dick. He's an incompetent moron that thinks he's a revolutionary genius.

tomtucker
10-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Daryl Morey is a horrible GM and an enormously arrogant dick. He's an incompetent moron that thinks he's a revolutionary genius.
http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/img/arkansasfatman.jpg

BankShot
10-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Isn't "unintentional tanking" just losing? :facepalm

pegasus
10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I think they have the potential to be the worst team in the West, and perhaps be in the bottom-3 in the league with Charlotte and Detroit.

Whoah10115
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't really get Morey's rationale. He's openly admitted it's all about getting a superstar, has tried to move mountains to make it happen. Props for that.

But then he goes and spends a bunch of cash on Lin and Asik, doesn't dump Martin (yet). He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He wants a superstar but he's not willing to just liquidate everything and get up high enough into the lotto to do it. Winning 25 games gives you a helluva lot better chance to get a stud than "collecting young assets" and praying one becomes available via trade while you tread water towards 35 wins.

Kevin Martin's contract is expiring. They're $3Million under the cap and have $22.5Million coming off the books this year. How are they in anything other than an incredible situation? They have a bunch of guys who have team options, and can be brought back for small amounts. They have guys on rookie deals. Chandler Parsons is making under $1Million and is signed for 3 more years.

Asik is a center and what teams really want from their centers is defense and rebounding. He's going to give you that. If they want Howard, does anyone really think Asik is not only tradeable but has value?

Wonder Bread Kid
10-05-2012, 09:33 PM
We aren't fair weather fans bro. We're excited through the good times and the bad. We're getting good assets together to try and land a big name free agent via a trade. That's all we really can do. :rockon:

The empty arena you call Toyota Center says otherwise.

longtime lurker
10-05-2012, 09:51 PM

This is the part I don't get. I think like a lot of internet posters he believes in his own hype and is too much of a slave to advanced metrics. I have a feeling the Rockets are going to be horrible. Lin will flop and so will Asik. The rookies will be good though.

Miller for 3
10-05-2012, 10:01 PM
IMO they are shaping up to be the next Thunder. They will suck this year, prbly win like 35-40 next year, and then their core group (Lin, Parsons, Lamb, D-Mo, Asik, etc.) will all be gelled and ready to dominate:bowdown: And that's not even counting if they manage to land Noels or a top 5 pick in the draft :bowdown:

Miller for 3
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Did you watch summer league? Most of their players are young and inexperienced, so their will be struggles. But once they ship out Martin and have some time together, they will be a top 3 team in the West in 3 years. book it

LakersForlife
10-06-2012, 03:44 AM
bottom team in the west.

icewill36
10-06-2012, 10:09 AM
daryl morey is a genius :roll: