PDA

View Full Version : Dwight responds to Shaq's comments

All Net
10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
@LakersReporter: Howard, asked about Shaq's critical comments, urged Shaq to "let it go." Said he doesn't care what Shaq says: "Your time is up."

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande
Dwight Howard on latest Shaq critiques of him: "Shaq played the game; he's done. He's gone. It's time to move on....just let it go."

Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Howard on Shaq:"He hated the fact when he played the older guys were talking about him & how he played. Now he's doing the exact same thing"

Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Howard on Shaq: "I have respect for him w/ what he's done for basketball. That's it."

Umad101
10-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Daaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn LA already turned Howard into full out swag

KeyNote
10-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I just can't, for the life of me, understand why shaq is so salty

The guy throws so much shade it's ridiculous

you're a 1st ballot HOFamer...bask in it

All Net
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kelso-burn.jpg

All Net
10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
@LakersReporter: Howard was responding to a fair question from @mcten about Shaq saying Bynum/Lopez were better. Dwight seemed, basically, sick of it.

KingBeasley08
10-04-2012, 06:10 PM
awwwwww shiiiiiiiiiit!!

Umad101
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM
@LakersReporter: Howard was responding to a fair question from @mcten about Shaq saying Bynum/Lopez were better. Dwight seemed, basically, sick of it.
Lol I don't get the deal with shaq? Dwight will never reach the level of shaq ever. He has nothing to fear

Rockets(T-mac)
10-04-2012, 06:13 PM

you're a 1st ballot HOFamer...bask in itThis, you'd think Dwight ****ed his mother or something....

LakersReign
10-04-2012, 06:19 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kelso-burn.jpg

This. Hopefully Howard comes out and has an MVP like season, just to make Shaq look stupid. He's just showing exactly why he's at least 50% of the reason why he and Kobe butted heads. Dude is seriously petty.:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
10-04-2012, 06:24 PM
At least Dwight isn't backing down and telling it like it is. He'll never be the force Shaq was, as well as a number of other centers, but he's clearly the best today.

With that said, I don't think Shaq cares about Dwight's respect on what he's done for the game, let alone anybody having respect about his views after what happened this off season.

BuffaloBill
10-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Superman doesn't wanna pass down the cape.

FreezingTsmoove
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Shaq knows what he's doing, he's motivating Dwight to become one of the best ever

clipps
10-04-2012, 06:33 PM
And now, the 2013-2014 starting center for the Dallas Mavericks, #12....

SpecialQue
10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Shaq knows what he's doing, he's motivating Dwight to become one of the best ever

Yeah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Money 23
10-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Shaq has always been extremely petty, sour, self promoting, and childish. Nothing new here. It's actually kind of embarrassing.

TheBigVeto
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM

Shaq has the mental capacity of a 14 year old girl. He's a bitch disguised in a tub of lard.

He's still better than Kobe though. Much much better.

tmacattack33
10-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm on Dwight's side on this (i think pretty much everyone is), even though Dwight has done questionable things in the past.

Money 23
10-04-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm on Dwight's side on this (i think pretty much everyone is), even though Dwight has done questionable things in the past.
Oh, Dwight is a girl himself. The whole Orlando situation, the lies, the manipulations.

blacknapalm
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYdpW-vcHMI&feature=g-all-u

i didn't watch the whole interview but he looks fed up/disinterested in general. shaq needs to quit being so insecure and sensitive. dude obsesses over dwight way too much

DuMa
10-04-2012, 07:04 PM
"No, my Superman cape is brighter!" ... "No, my Superman tights are tighter!"

SpecialQue
10-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh, Dwight is a girl himself.

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/24/kmJLWtPjx0KmwPMR1b3hhw2.gif

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-04-2012, 07:07 PM
"No, my Superman cape is brighter!" ... "No, my Superman tights are tighter!"
"Your jokes are lame!"

ZeN
10-04-2012, 07:10 PM

:biggums:

crisoner
10-04-2012, 07:33 PM

First things first....

THATS F*CKING SCARY!!!!

OK back to the topic.
Props to Dwight for jabbing back.
Is it me...or does Shaq always have to have some sort of rival to hate on?
From other players to owners to Sports journalist.

Shaq needs to realize his legacy will NOT be tarnished in no way by Howard.
He should embrace it and have Howard's back play the big brother role.
After all the crap he has been talking no wonder Howard thought twice about LA in the beginning but now he is like f*ck what Shaq got to say. Good for you Dwight.

b0bab0i
10-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Shaq already passed cape to Blake Griffin.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251575

MaxFly
10-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Interesting....

Anyone have those comments from Tex Winter several years ago concerning Shaq's pettiness. Seems like something we've been saying for a long time.

Segatti
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM

Because he is... dumb.

BlackVVaves
10-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Interesting....

Anyone have those comments from Tex Winter several years ago concerning Shaq's pettiness. Seems like something we've been saying for a long time.

[QUOTE]

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Shaq is my dude, but I gotta side w/ Dwight here. Move on; be happy. You're getting your jersey retired this season.

upside24
10-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Liking Howard more and more. He is exactly right about everything he said and it's about time he told it how it is. Hope Howard rampages through the league like Lynch did the Saints defense.

SpecialQue
10-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I dismissed it earlier, but now I'm wondering if Shaq breathing down his neck is going to lead to Dwight having an MVP season.

upside24
10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I dismissed it earlier, but now I'm wondering if Shaq breathing down his neck is going to lead to Dwight having an MVP season.
I wonder just how pissed Shaq is that two players he dislikes (Kobe and Howard) are on the team he used to shine on and they have a legitimate chance of going all the way.

Legends66NBA7
10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Damn shame.

Link for the whole article

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2005/09/shaq_slapped_kobe_but_good.html

Also, another read by Tex Winter, concerning the situation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4962/2001-when-the-near-perfect-lakers-almost-imploded

TheCalmInsanity
10-04-2012, 09:21 PM
A lot of optimism here, let me present the dark side. I'm pretty sure Shaq's agenda is to get in Dwight's head, I'm sure the last thing Shaq wants to see is Dwight do well in his former shoes

I think he's trying to make Dwight realize that he's "replacing" Shaq as the new Lakers dominant center, and wants Dwight to back out of his territory. That's just how I see it.. If you guys want to keep being optimistic go ahead, this is no knock on you. Every penny has 2 sides right?

BlackVVaves
10-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Link for the whole article

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2005/09/shaq_slapped_kobe_but_good.html

Also, another read by Tex Winter, concerning the situation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4962/2001-when-the-near-perfect-lakers-almost-imploded

Thanks, I was gonna edit and drop the link but you're way ahead of me.

You'd expect that kind of behavior from one of the players that came to the NBA straight out of high school.

BlackVVaves
10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
A lot of optimism here, let me present the dark side. I'm pretty sure Shaq's agenda is to get in Dwight's head, I'm sure the last thing Shaq wants to see is Dwight do well in his former shoes

I think he's trying to make Dwight realize that he's "replacing" Shaq as the new Lakers dominant center, and wants Dwight to back out of his territory. That's just how I see it.. If you guys want to keep being optimistic go ahead, this is no knock on you. Every penny has 2 sides right?

Mikan didn't do that to Wilt. Wilt didn't do that to Kareem. Kareem didn't do that to Shaq.

So what territory does Shaq truly own? It's "shared property," passed on through the decades. We aren't talking about Dirk and his "ownership" of the Mavs organization.

lilgodfather1
10-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I can't believe I actually agree with Dwight Howard... because I think he is a freaking tool, but Shaq just needs to stfu and leave the guy alone. Dwight's the best player at his position despite the fact that he has no competition (hopefully Davis, and Drummond can change that...) he would still be a top 3-5 C in any year in NBA history. Is he better than Shaq, KAJ, Wilt, Russ, Hakeem, DRob, Ewing, etc no, but any year in NBA history you could write him in as a top 3 C, and nobody would laugh. That is a great player imo. He's not unique like the .1% of players that would be the best player at their position no matter the year you dropped them into, but it is great never the less. LeBron, Jordan, Magic, Shaq (prime) would all be the best players at their positions.

ripthekik
10-04-2012, 10:09 PM
He told the Times-Picayune in New Orleans last month that he had "no reaction" to Howard joining the Lakers and said the 26-year-old Howard still had a lot left to prove.

"You have to care to have a reaction," O'Neal said. "I've got businesses to run. I always tell people that in order to step in my shoes you have big shoes to fill. For him, he's going to have to at least win three (titles) to get people's respect."

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
come on, Shaq

Lo1a
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE]KEVIN DING
Dwight's full reply to Shaq on NBA.com preferring Bynum and Brook Lopez as centers:

"I don't care what Shaq says. Shaq played the game; he

hawksdogsbraves
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't think anybody really likes Shaq at this point. He was a great player but come on, his personality was always overrated and he's completely out of his league on TNT now. Plus he's a bitter old has been who is eroding whatever good will he had left.

hawksdogsbraves
10-04-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't think anybody really likes Shaq at this point. He was a great player but come on, his personality was always overrated and he's completely out of his league on TNT now. Plus he's a bitter old has been who is eroding whatever good will he had left.

nycelt84
10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Mikan didn't do that to Wilt. Wilt didn't do that to Kareem. Kareem didn't do that to Shaq.

So what territory does Shaq truly own? It's "shared property," passed on through the decades. We aren't talking about Dirk and his "ownership" of the Mavs organization.

Mikan wasn't associated with the Lakers at all for years after they left Minneapolis. Even today his number isn't retired and the team didn't even honor the Minneapolis titles until a few years ago. Wilt used to dog both Kareem and Shaq, and Shaq feuded with Kareem also.

oh the horror
10-04-2012, 11:03 PM

That's spine chilling.

G-train
10-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Nor should he as Dwight is half the player. And thats the problem, Shaq hates that Dwight gets Shaq comparisons for being a poor mans Zo.

Whoah10115
10-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

What I dread is the almost inevitable moment when Shaq says exactly that, and they embrace...watch Shaq induct Dwight into the HOF in 15 years.

DixieNourmous
10-04-2012, 11:23 PM
I have a puppy I named Shaq because he was the biggest of the litter.

With Shaq becoming a douche, I renamed my puppy "stains" because his spots look like stains.

I couldnt find Stains in the yard and was roaming around outside yelling "Come Stains!"

My neighbors came outside telling me I am disgusting and went back in their houses locking the doors.

My wife is looking at me like...http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss239/megosb/GIFs/2emd7yp.gif

Pointguard
10-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Kobe put DH up to this. Remember Shaq bullied Kobe and then Kobe went hard at him and Shaq shut up afterwards. Kobe's work.

What I dread is the almost inevitable moment when Shaq says exactly that, and they embrace...watch Shaq induct Dwight into the HOF in 15 years.

Shaq has a venemous type of hate and doesn't really like anybody. He only has a shot of enshrining Hakeem.

BlackVVaves
10-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Mikan wasn't associated with the Lakers at all for years after they left Minneapolis. Even today his number isn't retired and the team didn't even honor the Minneapolis titles until a few years ago. Wilt used to dog both Kareem and Shaq, and Shaq feuded with Kareem also.

Wilt also spent interviews praising Kareem and Shaq, and Kareem would speak highly of Shaq's dominating nature.

Shaq has certainly done more ill-speaking of Howard than positive acclaimation.

Lakers Legend#32
10-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Shaq's really gotta get over Dwight taking the Superman thing.

eliteballer
10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Shaq needs to let it go. He wasn't the first great center in LA let alone the NBA and he won't be the last. Dude still acts like he's 20. Grow up.

G-train
10-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Shaq needs to let it go. He wasn't the first great center in LA let alone the NBA and he won't be the last. Dude still acts like he's 20. Grow up.

Let what go?

His recent comments were simply bball opinion, he prefers Lopez's and Bynum's play style at centre to Dwights.

blacknapalm
10-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Let what go?

His recent comments were simply bball opinion, he prefers Lopez's and Bynum's play style at centre to Dwights.

he said lopez was better. you're a fool if you think he believes that deep down. this is just to keep his name out there/keep his conflict with dwight going. he would literally say hadaddi is a better center if he thought it stirred up enough controversy.

ILLsmak
10-05-2012, 05:36 AM

haha, I wish it was like that. I think Shaq could say that if Dwight did.

I don't think Shaq is salty, but I do think he thinks Dwight is a ****ing underachiever and he is. So, in a way maybe he is motivating him.

I don't think he's doing it because he likes Dwight, though.

-Smak

R.I.P.
10-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Teams with capspace should just pay Shaq to shittalk Dwight the whole year. Their only chance to get Dwight out of LA.:lol

Overdrive
10-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Shaq is behaving childish, because Howard took the Superman gimmick and by that started the comparisons. I don't get it. That has been iirc 3 years ago.

Now Dwight is in LA and starting to get more Shaq comparisons of course. Shaq doesn't like that.

imo instead of antagonizing Howard he should embrace the situation and try to be a mentor. I bet LA would embrace him again if he did and Howard played a leading role in a title run.

Optimus Prime
10-05-2012, 07:49 AM
It's hard to imagine why Shaq is doing this ... it comes across as extremely bitter and petty. Unless he is just trying to stir up controversy and bring attention to himself. Everyone knows Shaq loves to be in the spotlight.

Good for Dwight though. Reminding the world that Shaq was a great player but is now coming across as unnecessarily vindictive is a great move.

:kobe:

SpecialQue
10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Teams with capspace should just pay Shaq to shittalk Dwight the whole year. Their only chance to get Dwight out of LA.:lol

Shit, they don't need to pay him. Just bring up Dwight's name and I'm sure Shaq will do the rest.

Mr Exlax
10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
What makes this worse is that Dwight has said a bunch of times that he looked up to Shaq and that he was his favorite player. That's gotta suck to be rejected by your idol.

niko
10-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Let what go?

He said Lopez was better for the Nets than Dwight would be. That's ridiculous.

Rasheed1
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM

+1

If Shaq doesnt respect you? this is what happens. He throws daggers until you win and shut him up. He obviously doesnt respect Howard's game.
Howard is a great defensive player, but him calling himself superman is lame when Shaq was already Superman.. Howard is like Superboy maybe

not trying to diss Howard. He is a great player, but he is hardly the player Shaq was.

I can see Howard didnt want this to become an issue if he came to LA

daily
10-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Colin Cowheard ripping Shaq about this, this morning. Maybe we can find a podcast later.
I can't and won't even try to convey what Cowheard was saying.

Cowheard? or Cowherd?

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2012, 11:46 AM
+1

If Shaq doesnt respect you? this is what happens. He throws daggers until you win and shut him up. He obviously doesnt respect Howard's game.
Howard is a great defensive player, but him calling himself superman is lame when Shaq was already Superman.. Howard is like Superboy maybe

not trying to diss Howard. He is a great player, but he is hardly the player Shaq was.

I can see Howard didnt want this to become an issue if he came to LA

meh...

- Howard is a better athletet then Shaq...

- Howard has a better work ethic then Shaq( not really saying much though)

- Howard will most likely win more Titles and have a longer more productive career....( epecially playing with Kobe.....Kobe wil help him play at a dominant level in the post season....just as he did with Shaq....without Kobe Shaq has had a less then stellar career)

- real talk son..

Rasheed1
10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
meh...

- Howard is a better athletet then Shaq...

- Howard has a better work ethic then Shaq( not really saying much though)

- Howard will most likely win more Titles and have a longer more productive career....( epecially playing with Kobe.....Kobe wil help him play at a dominant level in the post season....just as he did with Shaq....without Kobe Shaq has had a less then stellar career)

- real talk son..

I bolded the most important part of that post....

He hasnt done any of that yet... If he does? then Shaq might have some old words to eat..

But right now?

Shaq = SuperMAN

Howard = SuperBOY

Whoah10115
10-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Man, I would have loved it if Shaq's prime coincided with the prime of other great centers.

Bully gets away with a lot.

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I bolded the most important part of that post....

He hasnt done any of that yet... If he does? then Shaq might have some old words to eat..

But right now?

Shaq = SuperMAN

Howard = SuperBOY

Right now...

Shaq = Snaq....Fat retired and salty.

Dwight = built like a Brick ****House...top 5 - 7 player in the NBA..

your criteria is lacking son.

R.I.P.
10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
The new season of Open Court will be awesome due to Shaq being Superbutthurt and the other guys making fun of him. Preview on NBA.com was great.

S.Smith: You mean Brook Lopez not Robin.
Charles: You make some great points, but they are all wrong.
Reggie: So who is better at BASKETBALL Brook or Dwight?
Shaq: Can I make my point about new school old school center.
Charles: No. Not if you repeat the same stuff again.

Man Shaq has such an ego. :roll:

Rasheed1
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Right now...

Shaq = Snaq....Fat retired and salty.

Dwight = built like a Brick ****House...top 5 - 7 player in the NBA..

your criteria is lacking son.

kobe fans :facepalm

even when he's fat and retired and salty....

snaq>superboy

:confusedshrug:

just the way it is son

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
kobe fans :facepalm

even when he's fat and retired and salty....

snaq>superboy

:confusedshrug:

just the way it is son

illy folk:facepalm

Howard>Snaq when it's all said and done.....just like....

Cali>Illy ........ask kobe..

some things will never change..

next

Rasheed1
10-05-2012, 03:15 PM
illy folk:facepalm

Howard>Snaq when it's all said and done.....just like....

Cali>Illy ........ask kobe..

some things will never change..

next

you sound dumb as sh*t :oldlol:

Nobody with a brain believes Howard will ever be MDE.

Shaq, Snaq, Aristotle, the guy who carried kobe to 3 of his five titles, Fatty Whatever you wanna call him...

he was better than Howard will ever be..

and I dont even know what WTF an "illy" is.. :facepalm GFTO clown

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Shaq,Snaq, Aristotle, the guy who carried kobe to 3 of his five titles, Fatty Whatever silly name you wanna call him...

"illy" :oldlol:

Kid needs to step outside his "Cali" basement and get some vitamin d.

Rasheed1
10-05-2012, 03:21 PM

:oldlol: exactly

longtime lurker
10-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm really surprised that Shaq isn't called out on being an immature, petty little man. The guy has the insecurities of a 14 year old girl. I really think Dwight's a huge tool but I love to see him win more rings than Shaq just to shut him up.

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM

we don't have basement's cali sherlock :facepalm ...

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Shaq, Snaq, Aristotle, the guy who carried kobe to 3 of his five titles, Fatty Whatever you wanna call him...

you mean the most dominant....who watched Kobe carry the Lakers in the 4th quarters ( you know the most important part of the game...where snaq was a hinderance)...the most dominant who needed Kobe to close the games like Prime MJ....so he wouldn't get merked like he did in 95'

Howard will be a much better overall player and actually help the Lakers for a longer more productive carer....

book it.

"illy" - wolf slang for illadelph
a basketball illiterate person from Philly

"I visited the Illadelph..no wonder dey garbage..dey a bunch of illy's...."

KOBE143
10-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Shaq > Dwight but in the near future it will be Dwight >>> Shaq just like how Kobe will surpass Mike after he win chips this coming season.. Past legends will not always be on the top.. There are players that will surpass them someday..