PDA

View Full Version : Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Colbertnation64
10-05-2012, 07:18 PM
at 20 seconds

http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/72734264/Sports/Pau-Gasol-connects-with-Dwight-Howard-on-a-dunk

How does this video make you feel?

TaLvsCuaL
10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/Strikeninja95/kermitfap.gif

taucesays
10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/LrQ2pKMwQC4

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I like Nash's part with the comb to the side...Dapper don son.

strifed169
10-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Thats some intense training, thanks

therammingman
10-05-2012, 07:49 PM
what exercise was that with the way they seemed to keep switching guys in?

IGOTGAME
10-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I hope everyone else can pick up for Nash on defense. He looks slow as hell.

DuMa
10-05-2012, 07:55 PM
I see Metta is still good as ever on 3pters

Wavy Crockett
10-05-2012, 08:04 PM
What drill is this?

G-Funk
10-05-2012, 08:04 PM
nice drills, they were intense. Dwight is still playing calm

b1imtf
10-05-2012, 08:07 PM
If Dwight shoots more of those mid-range jumpers, it makes me feel good :lol

ZeN
10-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Modulation.

swi7ch
10-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Lockout was supposed to prevent this after what happened with the Heat! :roll:

swi7ch
10-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Around 2:05... who blocked Artest? Looks like Ariza? :eek:

nevetslc88
10-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Earl Clark.

AirTupac
10-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Earl Clark

Sarcastic
10-05-2012, 08:24 PM
That jumper at around 2:42 still looks atrocious.

ZenMaster
10-05-2012, 08:24 PM

5on5on5

KeyNote
10-05-2012, 08:28 PM

3 5-man squads..every time a squad scores they keep the ball and have to score on the next squad down the court...the squad on D gets a stop, they get the ball and get to run O on the next squad on the court

from what I gather

brandonislegend
10-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I noticed Kobe cept giving the ball straight to Nash, good thing to see.

jaydacris
10-05-2012, 08:55 PM
wow nash has a nice haircut

RedBlackAttack
10-05-2012, 09:30 PM
He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him. I'm not sure that a team has ever had a more perfect combination of skills infused in one offseason. I've always felt that Nash and Howard would fit really perfectly together. As long as everyone stays healthy, they should really bring the best out of one another.

That isn't even mentioning Gasol and Bryant in the same starting five.

I don't know man... I'm not much for predictions. It is always difficult to prognosticate, especially when so many teams look so differently this year as compared to last year, but this Lakers team has the potential to become absolutely stunning.

Like I said, a lot of that is incumbent upon health and, of course, with the assumption that none of these guys have really hit the age wall coming into this season. But, if those things are not an issue, this team is scary.

My favorite for the title and I think they could potentially breeze to it. I'm just having a difficult time pin-pointing any weaknesses aside from the injury/age thing. These guys fit together perfectly.

SHAQisGOAT
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
All this guys together will be great to watch.

MeLO MvP 15
10-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Ngl I'm really happy (and surprised) to see Dwight moving so well already. I really didn't want to see him hobbling in pain or weak.

SpecialQue
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Fapped.

Then dipped myself in milk to recover, rewatched, and fapped again.

IGOTGAME
10-05-2012, 10:34 PM
He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him. I'm not sure that a team has ever had a more perfect combination of skills infused in one offseason. I've always felt that Nash and Howard would fit really perfectly together. As long as everyone stays healthy, they should really bring the best out of one another.

I don't know man... I'm not much for predictions. It is always difficult to prognosticate, especially when so many teams look so differently this year as compared to last year, but this Lakers team has the potential to become absolutely stunning.

Like I said, a lot of that is incumbent upon health and, of course, with the assumption that none of these guys have really hit the age wall coming into this season. But, if those things are not an issue, this team is scary.

My favorite for the title and I think they could potentially breeze to it. I'm just having a difficult time pin-pointing any weaknesses aside from the injury/age thing. These guys fit together perfectly.

I totally agree. I just don't wanna set my hopes up to high. This team is built perfectly to account for Nash's weaknesses.

I'm really worried about OKC tho. When Westbrook/Harden isolates it is really hard to give help. Still looking forward to the season. My squad is soo stacked I actually won't even use them in 2k13. Feels like an all star team.

swi7ch
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him.

Yeah, this.^^^ Nash doesn't really need to stay in front of anybody. D12 is the 3x DPOY.

RedBlackAttack
10-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I totally agree. I just don't wanna set my hopes up to high. This team is built perfectly to account for Nash's weaknesses.

I'm really worried about OKC tho. When Westbrook/Harden isolates it is really hard to give help. Still looking forward to the season. My squad is soo stacked I actually won't even use them in 2k13. Feels like an all star team.
This Lakers team, if healthy, would absolutely eat OKC alive in the frontcourt. Same goes for Miami.

Again, if things come together like I think they may, this is my title favorite by a pretty wide margin. And, I'm no Lakers fan, obviously. I don't despise them like a lot of people do, but I'm about as unbiased as a person can be when it comes to that team.

I think they could be great... Not really good, but great.

j3lademaster
10-05-2012, 11:47 PM

Dwight protecting the paint is definitely an upgrade defensively(especially against pnr where Bynum looks like a statue), but Bynum is no slouch and the Lakers were extremely difficult to score again inside the past two years. They lose to jump shooting teams like OKC and Dallas (and in embarrassing fashion). Even when they were heavy favorites going into the Dallas series. Point is, Lakers have always had elite rim protection, but their perimeter D needs to step up or they risk having this happen again.

Droid101
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Lakers have always had elite rim protection,
Andrew Bynum has never been on an all-defensive team.

Dwight Howard is a three-time Defensive player of the year.

Let that jiggle around in your head for a few minutes.

j3lademaster
10-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Andrew Bynum has never been on an all-defensive team.

Dwight Howard is a three-time Defensive player of the year.

Let that jiggle around in your head for a few minutes.

I don't understand. So you're denying the Lakers have had elite paint defense with Gasol and Bynum healthy? Everyone knows Dwight > Bynum defensively no need to go state the obvious. But Lakers have had elite rim protection with Bynum and Gasol healthy, and they lose due to their bad perimeter D, especially at PG... are you denying this?

IGOTGAME
10-06-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't understand. So you're denying the Lakers have had elite paint defense with Gasol and Bynum healthy? Everyone knows Dwight > Bynum defensively no need to go state the obvious. But Lakers have had elite rim protection with Bynum and Gasol healthy, and they lose due to their bad perimeter D, especially at PG... are you denying this?

this isn't NBA 2k. Lakers had good shotblocking but that doesn't mean much when your defense is strung out in pick and roll coverage.

j3lademaster
10-06-2012, 12:27 AM
this isn't NBA 2k. Lakers had good shotblocking but that doesn't mean much when your defense is strung out in pick and roll coverage.

I acknowledged the improvement in pnr defense with Howard in my earlier post in order to avoid people coming in here and spouting obvious things like that like they're saying something new. The Lakers did address their pnr problems a lot I agree (obviously). Now the Lakers need to focus on their main defensive problems... not giving mid range shooters 5 square miles of room to shoot and letting any decent pg with quickness and a mid range shot slice them up.

MavsSuperFan
10-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Fapped.

Then dipped myself in milk to recover, rewatched, and fapped again.

Does dipping it in milk help with recovery time? Also warm or cold milk?
A friend wants to know...

ZeN
10-06-2012, 02:25 AM
:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
10-06-2012, 02:39 AM

:biggums:

ripthekik
10-06-2012, 02:50 AM
:roll: :roll: :applause:

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 02:52 AM
This video makes me feel happy. Westbrook is going to eat Nash alive :bowdown:

LakersForlife
10-06-2012, 03:29 AM
just skip this season and give the ring to the lakers..thats pretty dope

kNIOKAS
10-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Lol at Lakers starters getting their ass handed to them by the 2nd and the 3 units :lol :applause:

All Net
10-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Good thing is they shouldn't take long to have good chemistry on the court.

All Net
10-06-2012, 05:06 AM
This video makes me feel happy. Westbrook is going to eat Nash alive :bowdown:

Just like Nash is going to destroy Westbrook offensively ... Something sessions could never do.

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Just like Nash is going to destroy Westbrook offensively ... Something sessions could never do.

LOL he's too old to hurt Westbrook offensively. Did you not watch that video? Slow. Yeah he can still make great passes, but don't spurt out BS like he can light up a young, extremely fast and athletic, great defender in Westbrook. Nikka please :biggums:

Nick Young
10-06-2012, 06:39 AM
its makes me feel shit, to see Steve Blake is still here

All Net
10-06-2012, 06:51 AM
LOL he's too old to hurt Westbrook offensively. Did you not watch that video? Slow. Yeah he can still make great passes, but don't spurt out BS like he can light up a young, extremely fast and athletic, great defender in Westbrook. Nikka please :biggums:

:lol when did weatbrook become this amazing defender? Being young doesn't mean he is some top defender. As long as Nash controls the tempo that's all that matters... He isn't here to drop 30... That's not to say he can't.

Nash may be old but he is still a top PG in this league... Unlike Westbrook he doesn't need to score to make a big impact on the game.

PGs have killed Nash for years defensively doesn't mean he still hasn't controlled the PG matchup.

Anaximandro1
10-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Lakers look scary good :(

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 07:47 AM
:lol when did weatbrook become this amazing defender? Being young doesn't mean he is some top defender. As long as Nash controls the tempo that's all that matters... He isn't here to drop 30... That's not to say he can't.

Nash may be old but he is still a top PG in this league... Unlike Westbrook he doesn't need to score to make a big impact on the game.

PGs have killed Nash for years defensively doesn't mean he still hasn't controlled the PG matchup.

3 games in 2011-2012 season (no particular order), Nash vs Westbrook.

Game 1 (PTS/REB/ASS/STL):

WB: 31/3/10/4
Nash: 12/2/13/0

Game 2:

WB: 15/6/5/2
Nash: 12/1/5/0

Game 3:

WB: 18/2/4/2
Nash: 8/4/6/0

Hmm I wonder who won that matchup? Notice Westbrook's steals? Yeah, not a good defender.. Nash one year older, getting slower all the time. Westbrook (only getting better), one year more experience. Westbrook, when putting in the effort, is one of the top defensive PGs in the league. He can sometimes get lazy, and not put in his best efforts, but in a serious matchup, such as a finals series, Nash will get eaten alive. Deal with it, Nash is toast, and the Lakers have no shot at a 7 game series again the Thunder.

nycelt84
10-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Lakers fans talk about Nash as though he is the Nash of even 2 years ago when the guy is 38 years old. For a player to fade and even fade suddenly at 38 can always be expected.

EnoughSaid
10-06-2012, 08:20 AM
:durantunimpressed:

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=SeeVQWTrprE

swi7ch
10-06-2012, 08:27 AM
:lol when did weatbrook become this amazing defender?

When the top players in the world (aka Team USA) unanimously said he's the best 1v1 defender in the game today.

All Net
10-06-2012, 08:56 AM

Game 2:

Game 3:

Hmm I wonder who won that matchup? Notice Westbrook's steals? Yeah, not a good defender.. Nash one year older, getting slower all the time. Westbrook (only getting better), one year more experience. Westbrook, when putting in the effort, is one of the top defensive PGs in the league. He can sometimes get lazy, and not put in his best efforts, but in a serious matchup, such as a finals series, Nash will get eaten alive. Deal with it, Nash is toast, and the Lakers have no shot at a 7 game series again the Thunder.

In that matchup I see a pretty close battle in two of the meetings. Nash still had 13 assists in game 1. Neither did much in meeting 2

You are acting like I'm saying Nash is better. Westbrook is a top 10 player and a terrific scorer. However Nash is still a top PG in this league and the way he controls the tempo and gets guys involved is what makes him so good.

He can dominate games without scoring... And the team mates he has now is a huge step up from what he has been playing with in recent seasons. They are going to make his life even easier now.

You really lost all credibility when you said lakers stand no shot vs thunder in a 7 game series. Lakers gave all thunder could handle with sessions and Bynum as starting in the playoffs last year... Thunder had to comeback twice late otherwise they would of been down 3-1 heading back home... I will like our chances a lot better this year.

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 08:57 AM
In that matchup I see a pretty close battle in two of the meetings. Nash still had 13 assists in game 1. Neither did much in meeting 2

You are acting like I'm saying Nash is better. Westbrook is a top 10 player and a terrific scorer. However Nash is still a top PG in this league and the way he controls the tempo and gets guys involved is what makes him so good.

He can dominate games without scoring... And the team mates he has now is a huge step up from what he has been playing with in recent seasons. They are going to make his life even easier now.

You really lost all credibility when you said lakers stand no shot vs thunder in a 7 game series. Lakers gave all thunder could handle with sessions and Bynum as starting in the playoffs last year... Thunder had to comeback twice late otherwise they would of been down 3-1 heading back home... I will ate our chances alt better this year.

Must be nice in fairy land :rolleyes:

All Net
10-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Lakers fans talk about Nash as though he is the Nash of even 2 years ago when the guy is 38 years old. For a player to fade and even fade suddenly at 38 can always be expected.

Who is saying he is? We know he is 38 but he is still a top PG who is going to still knock down shots and make life easy for everybody else In a big way...

He averaged 12 and 10 last year on great % once again... His play has shown over the years the drop off hasn't been much at all. If anything he has improved as a player.

All Net
10-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Must be nice in fairy land :rolleyes:

That's what you come back with? Really? Was expecting good discussion this year with thunder fans without trolling... Guess that won't be the case with you.

Shame- always saw you as very level headed. Unless I'm confusing you with somebody else.

nycelt84
10-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Who is saying he is? We know he is 38 but he is still a top PG who is going to sell knock down shots and make life easy for everybody else In a big way...

He averaged 12 and 10 last year on great % once again... His play has shown over the years the drop off hasn't been much at all. If anything he has improved as a player.

He has improved? Are you being serious because I don't think you can be that delusional.

All Net
10-06-2012, 09:05 AM
He has improved? Are you being serious because I don't think you can be that delusional.

As he has aged yes he has.. I'm not talking now but over the years his assists production has stayed at a consistent level well into his 30's as has his shooting %

There is even a star showing his big improvement in his last 8 years compared to his first 8 years in the league.

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 09:10 AM
That's what you come back with? Really? Was expecting good discussion this year with thunder fans without trolling... Guess that won't be the case with you.

Shame- always saw you as very level headed. Unless I'm confusing you with somebody else.

I'm usually down for a good discussion, but once you bought in mentioning the things would have been different had yadda yadda happened in the finals last year I abandoned ship. Seeing as you want a discussion though, every man and his dog (other than Laker fans) know the only win Lakers had in that series was gifted to them by the referees. Metta also hit shots that he won't do again, which was vital to them staying in a lot of the games. Really it was a 4-0 sweep.

Nash is a great player, I'm not denying that, and I have huge respect for the guy. I just think players like Westbrook will abuse him next year. Nash will be good for a few knock down shots, good assist numbers.. but he's definitely not the second coming of jesus to LA as many are making him out to be. Look at the stats I gave you above. Westbrook basically matched Nash for assists, which is the only thing Nash really has over WB. WB lead easily in points and steals, and also lead the rebounds.. not that they really matter.

Nash has obviously slowed down, and will struggle tremendously on the defensive end, which is never a good thing with the kind of PGs we have in the league today. Sure, he's an upgrade over Sessions, but I really think the Thunder take the series 4-2 due to the lack of ability to defend all of OKC's thread, as well as LA's lack of depth.

All Net
10-06-2012, 09:17 AM
What you said is fair enough... Nash will struggle defensively we know this. Been the case for years but what he lacks defensively he will make up for offensively and I don't mean just scoring.

Btw I was never arguing Nash is better than Westbrook just that matchup wise it wouldn't be one sided compared to previous years.

I don't like to play the what if game happen when talking about last years series but my point was it was a good series last year and certain areas thunder were better and certainly in the clutch.

You think thunder will win is fair enough, I like our chances against anybody and to me OKC would be a tougher matchup than say Miami would be... And that's not disrespecting the champs but thunder will be the ultimate team to get by...

The depth on this team is certainly improved.. Far better than it was last year.

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
What you said is fair enough... Nash will struggle defensively we know this. Been the case for years but what he lacks defensively he will make up for offensively and I don't mean just scoring.

Btw I was never arguing Nash is better than Westbrook just that matchup wise it wouldn't be one sided compared to previous years.

I don't like to play the what if game happen when talking about last years series but my point was it was a good series last year and certain areas thunder were better and certainly in the clutch.

You think thunder will win is fair enough, I like our chances against anybody and to me OKC would be a tougher matchup than say Miami would be... And that's not disrespecting the champs but thunder will be the ultimate team to get by...

I fear the Lakers more this year. I'd be lying if I said otherwise. I didn't give them a chance last year, and certainly didn't fear a match up with them. I know any match up with the Lakers this year isn't going to be easy.. and a series would certainly be close, hard-fought games. They are a contender this year, whereas in my eyes they weren't close last year. My championship probability for this year looks something like:

Thunder 33%
Heat 33%
Lakers 25%
Boston 9%

No one else stands a chance barring something out of the ordinary (injuries to key players). Heat's chances go up if they get the same kind of ref treatment they did last year.

Do the math for the other teams chances.

What I think is more interesting than anything else for the Lakers is Kobe's impact/role in a new team with another year under his belt. He certainly needs to up his efficiency to fully take advantage of the addition of Nash.

All Net
10-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I fear the Lakers more this year. I didn't give them a chance last year, and certainly didn't fear a match up with them. I know any match up with the Lakers this year isn't going to be easy.. and a series would certainly be close, hard-fought games. They are a contender this year, whereas in my eyes they weren't close last year. My championship probability for this year looks something like:

Thunder 33%
Heat 33%
Lakers 25%
Boston 9%

No one else stands a chance barring something out of the ordinary (injuries to key players). Heat's chances go up if they get the same kind of ref treatment they did last year.

Do the math for the other teams chances.

What I think is more interesting than anything else for the Lakers is Kobe's impact/role in a new team with another year under his belt. He certainly needs to up his efficiency to fully take advantage of the addition of Nash.

I don't see anybody else winning it all apart from these 3... Where last year I felt there were 2 more in the running. I didn't have us down a true contender last year either but this year a championship is expected like it is for Miami and Thunder.

A lot will depend if Dwight jumps his game with this new cast.

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't see anybody else winning it all apart from these 3... Where last year I felt there were 2 more in the running. I didn't have us down a true contender last year either but this year a championship is expected like it is for Miami and Thunder.

A lot will depend if Dwight jumps his game with this new cast.

Going to be a great season.

All Net
10-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Going to be a great season.

Indeed, I'm sure we will have some disagreements along the way too :lol lucky thunder fans some good fans to debate with. Just want the season to get going...

maybeshewill13
10-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Indeed, I'm sure we will have some disagreements along the way too :lol lucky thunder fans some good fans to debate with. Just want the season to get going...

Oh there's always many Laker fans to have disagreements with, don't worry about that :lol Bring on the season. Australian football season just ended, only a few more weeks to the basketball :cheers:

longtime lurker
10-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Game 2:

Game 3:

Westbrook pretty much rips everyone he faces a new asshole. Did you see what he did to the Heat one of the better defensive teams in the league? I don't know how you'd expect Nash on a sub par defensive team to contain him 1 on 1. Besides Kobe will be guarding Westbrook, Lakers game plan should be to turn him into a scorer and focus their attention on shutting down Harden and Durant.

Rubio2Gasol
10-06-2012, 01:31 PM
How much does 1 on 1 defense really matter with Howard and Gasol in the lane?

vegasbigshots
10-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Start the opening season already. :cheers:

ashlar
10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Phoenix had defensive giants like Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye defending the paint.

SpecialQue
10-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Phoenix had defensive giants like Marcin Gortat and Channing Frye defending the paint.

:lebronamazed:

KeyNote
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM

:yaohappy:

BlackVVaves
10-06-2012, 02:29 PM

GOAT post in this thread :bowdown:

Nash still sucks defensively though :lol but it comes down to the Lakers team defense and their philosophy when guarding scoring point guards. Building a wall defensively forces OKC into a purely jump shooting team, instead of a pre-dominantly jump shooting team who also feasts on strong drives to the basket and easy lay-ups.

When Dallas in 2011 and Miami last year did this - making OKC rely too much on jump shots - they limited OKC's offensive bursts. Ibaka really needs to develop a solid post game for those guys.

Still don't know why they didn't just trade Westbrook and Perkins for Dwight in 2011...

longtime lurker
10-06-2012, 02:31 PM
GOAT post in this thread :bowdown:

Nash still sucks defensively though :lol but it comes down to the Lakers team defense and their philosophy when guarding scoring point guards. Building a wall defensively forces OKC into a purely jump shooting team, instead of a pre-dominantly jump shooting team who also feasts on strong drives to the basket and easy lay-ups.

When Dallas in 2011 and Miami last year did this - making OKC rely too much on jump shots - they limited OKC's offensive bursts. Ibaka really needs to develop a solid post game for those guys.

Still don't know why they didn't just trade Westbrook and Perkins for Dwight in 2011...

Might have something to do with Dwight being a bitch

no pun intended
10-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Clark but Ebanks has much more of a resemblance than Ariza.