PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe = Mini Lebron

SpecialQue
10-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Tune into the Clippers/Nuggets game right now to see it.

The preseason determines all!

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 12:26 AM
:pimp:

Bledsoe with 21 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals through 3 quarters.

SpecialQue
10-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Watch Vinny let him rot on the bench.

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 12:29 AM

Already done. He got benched.

SourPatchKids
10-07-2012, 12:30 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mae8s9RBHy1rf7qlco1_500.gif

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 01:08 AM
25 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals.

dunksby
10-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Bledsoe>Paul

IGotACoolStory
10-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Bledsoe>God Shammgod

el gringos
10-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Derrick rose is the only player since you can compare to Lebron. He is the mini Lebron

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Bledsoe>God Shammgod

You will refer to him as GAWDSOE (SpecialQue's nickname for him).

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2012, 01:26 AM

Someone has to with the deepest team and best rotation in the league.

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Someone has to with the deepest team and best rotation in the league.

I like how you mock that as Barnes, Crawford, Bledsoe kill it. Give this team time to gel and get into shape and watch out.

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2012, 01:42 AM
I like how you mock that as Barnes, Crawford, Bledsoe kill it. Give this team time to gel and get into shape and watch out.

Killing it in the first pre-season game of the year? You aren't serious are you? The team they played is definitely deeper.

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Killing it in the first pre-season game of the year? You aren't serious are you? The team they played is definitely deeper.

I think both teams are the best benches in the NBA and this game may be preseason but it doesn't mean the teams didn't play hard. Neither of these benches had trouble having a slugfest this game and if anything both benches will IMPROVE come regular season time after everybody plays into shape.

The sooner you stop focusing in on the Clippers not being one of the deepest or deepest team in the NBA, the sooner you can focus on if your team can even get that 8 seed.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Bledsoe was balling. Reminded me of Bo Mccalebb yesterday. Lightening quick, good finisher and playmaker around the rim.

Also, wtf was Mike Smith talking about at the end there? Crawford was the only player (for the Clippers) that could create his shot down the stretch? :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2012, 01:58 AM
I think both teams are the best benches in the NBA and this game may be preseason but it doesn't mean the teams didn't play hard. Neither of these benches had trouble having a slugfest this game and if anything both benches will IMPROVE come regular season time after everybody plays into shape.

The sooner you stop focusing in on the Clippers not being one of the deepest or deepest team in the NBA, the sooner you can focus on if your team can even get that 8 seed.

I never said they weren't one of the deepest. I said they weren't the deepest and they have some huge question marks and a roster that isn't very balanced. As far as the Jazz go they are certainly much improved but it might not be enough to make the playoffs again in the west as long as Al is there holding them back at both ends. I bet he kills it in their pre-season opener though!

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 02:00 AM
I never said they weren't one of the deepest. I said they weren't the deepest and they have some huge question marks and a roster that isn't very balanced. As far as the Jazz go they are certainly much improved but it might not be enough to make the playoffs again in the west as long as Al is there holding them back at both ends. I bet he kills it in their pre-season opener though!

I think they are very balanced. I think there are a lot of question marks as well and never said that wasn't the case. Thing is even if you only have let's say Crawford+Bledsoe+Odom carrying your bench and the rest scrubs that's 3 starting caliber players. Crawford and Bledsoe alone will destroy teams this year.

DuMa
10-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Bledsoe also the first one to wear Lebron X in a game this season lol.

http://i.imgur.com/UIyRE.jpg

Trentknicks
10-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Will Bledsoe score more PPG than CF86 makes Bledsoe TPW (Threads per week)?

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2012, 02:15 AM
I think they are very balanced. I think there are a lot of question marks as well and never said that wasn't the case. Thing is even if you only have let's say Crawford+Bledsoe+Odom carrying your bench and the rest scrubs that's 3 starting caliber players. Crawford and Bledsoe alone will destroy teams this year.

Having undersized shooting guards, aging, injury prone 3's and little in the middle isn't what I'd call balanced but that's just me I guess.You're assuming Odom and Crawford don't continue to suck. And it certainly wouldn't make you make you deep with Billups, Hill, and Butler's injury history thrown in.

PyrrhusX
10-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Im excited, drafted him into one of my teams as a second last roster slot in the hopes it can pay off.

RazorBaLade
10-07-2012, 02:45 AM

you need to remember youre not a regular season team anymore. if ur counting on barnes and crawford and odom in the playoffs at this point ur ****ed. but i agree, its great for the reg season.

all of these guys become bums when the pressure is on. if bledsoe really is legit he will chose his first year anyways. so u have blake and cp3, just like last year.

Whoah10115
10-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I do think the Clippers might be too deep. They have 4 SF's. It's ridiculous. And it's worth considering a trade for Caron Butler. I also don't like the Crawford pick-up. Running Chauncey and Bledsoe with the 2nd unit seems a great idea. Running Chauncey as a SG just sounds stupid.

I could make the case that Bledsoe should play SG, but with a PG as ball-dominant as Chris Paul, it's arguable. But again, it's better than Billups playing SG.

I wanna see Bledsoe play tho.

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I do think the Clippers might be too deep. They have 4 SF's. It's ridiculous. And it's worth considering a trade for Caron Butler. I also don't like the Crawford pick-up. Running Chauncey and Bledsoe with the 2nd unit seems a great idea. Running Chauncey as a SG just sounds stupid.

I could make the case that Bledsoe should play SG, but with a PG as ball-dominant as Chris Paul, it's arguable. But again, it's better than Billups playing SG.

Billups as a combo guard off the bench makes more sense than him as a starting two that's for sure.

Bigsmoke
10-07-2012, 11:00 AM
its just a pre-season game.

qrich
10-07-2012, 11:18 AM

Butler, Hill, Barnes. Just curious on who the 4th SF is? Leslie? Odom?

Chauncey as a shooting guard might seem stupid in theory but the Clippers were doing pretty well last season and if it fails, they can just plug Green/Bleds/Crawford as the starter instead. Hell, they can even go with a big line-up and start Butler & Hill/Barnes together though the spacing would be atrocious.

I agree with exploring a trade for Butler, but who will take on his 2/16 contract? Charlotte for Tyrus? Milwaukee for Gooden? Seems to be the only plausible options UNLESS San Antonio believes Butler is a nice upgrade over Jackson, then I can potentially see a Butler for SJax type of swap, though it doesn't do much for the Clips. How about a Butler + 2014 Pick Swap Option + Leslie for Jackson + Blair + 2013 2nd?

Billups + Bledsoe is something I can live with but want to see how Billups does as a starter. If he continues last years play, I don't mess with it. I mean, Bledsoe's biggest flaw is his lack of offensive awareness/true point guard skills but with guys like Hill, Odom, Crawford also coming off the bench, it'll be easier to hide Bleds deficiencies.

kurple
10-07-2012, 11:22 AM
but really. where will he get the minutes when everyone is healthy?

qrich
10-07-2012, 11:25 AM
but really. where will he get the minutes when everyone is healthy?

About 12 minutes behind Paul, spot minutes at the two depending on how everything is going. Vinny loves playing small ball as well with 3-guard lineups, so there goes a few more minutes there. I see him getting about 18 a night. Another Darren Collison situation, as previously mentioned by someone either on this thread or another.

I personally wouldn't mind it if the Clips were able to dump Butler somewhere and did a Bleds/Paul George type of swap.

Paul - George - Hill - Griffin - Jordan
Billups - Green - Crawford - Leslie - Barnes - Odom - Trey - Ronny - Ryan
:bowdown:

kurple
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
you dont think Billups will any minutes at PG?

qrich
10-07-2012, 11:31 AM
you dont think Billups will any minutes at PG?

If he does, it'll be with Bledsoe being "in at the two"

I see it working like this, not knowing the variables (injuries/who is on fire/matchups)

PG: Paul (35) - Bledsoe (13)
SG: Billups (20) - Crawford (20) - Barnes/Bleds/Hill/Green (8)
SF: Butler (32) - Hill (12) - Barnes/Craw/Green/Odom (4)
PF: Griffin (32) - Odom (12) - Hill/Barnes/Butler (4)
CE: Jordan (28) - Odom (13) - Hollins/Griffin/Turiaf (7)

lilgodfather1
10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Derrick rose is the only player since you can compare to Lebron. He is the mini Lebron
I'd say Rose is a little more like a mini Wade than a mini LeBron, since Wade is like a mini LeBron. Also there is the whole injury prone thing that Wade and Rose unfortunately share. I hope Rose recovers and has a great career because I love watching him. Wade on the other hand let's just say i'm not a fan of flopping.

All Net
10-07-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.bluestemprairie.com/.a/6a00d834516a0869e2017743ca82c8970d-800wi

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Main thing I'd change Qrich is.... Hill should get as many minutes as Butler. I'd prefer Hill be the starter TBH. Even last night we saw how trigger happy Butler gets. He'd be better suited coming off the bench for that reason. His ball stopping is a big reason Blake scored less and got less touches last year. Instead of swinging the ball he always shoots. Hill won't do that and provides better defense and playmaking.

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
For those that missed game here are his highlights. Thank God Youtube community is finally paying this guy respect and putting together highlights. None of his best games are on Youtube like his 17 point, 5 steal, 5 rebound 4th quarter or huge game vs Spurs in playoffs etc. This highlight will show you his all around impact on both ends. How many 6'1 PG's can block an inbounds pass and catch it at it's peak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVvkzoFPNM

pauk
10-07-2012, 04:57 PM
That athletic body he possess for a 6'1 guy is freakish... mostly his strength, did you see how he moved Faried out of the way for that and 1? He looks like he put on some more muscle mass, looks like 240 lbs lol

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 05:27 PM
That athletic body he possess for a 6'1 guy is freakish... mostly his strength, did you see how he moved Faried out of the way for that and 1? He looks like he put on some more muscle mass, looks like 240 lbs lol

He's up from 195 to 205.

LT Ice Cream
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
For those that missed game here are his highlights. Thank God Youtube community is finally paying this guy respect and putting together highlights. None of his best games are on Youtube like his 17 point, 5 steal, 5 rebound 4th quarter or huge game vs Spurs in playoffs etc. This highlight will show you his all around impact on both ends. How many 6'1 PG's can block an inbounds pass and catch it at it's peak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVvkzoFPNM

Wow he looked a lot more poised. He also looked like he could be roiding too tho lol

Whoah10115
10-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Butler, Hill, Barnes. Just curious on who the 4th SF is? Leslie? Odom?

Chauncey as a shooting guard might seem stupid in theory but the Clippers were doing pretty well last season and if it fails, they can just plug Green/Bleds/Crawford as the starter instead. Hell, they can even go with a big line-up and start Butler & Hill/Barnes together though the spacing would be atrocious.

I agree with exploring a trade for Butler, but who will take on his 2/16 contract? Charlotte for Tyrus? Milwaukee for Gooden? Seems to be the only plausible options UNLESS San Antonio believes Butler is a nice upgrade over Jackson, then I can potentially see a Butler for SJax type of swap, though it doesn't do much for the Clips. How about a Butler + 2014 Pick Swap Option + Leslie for Jackson + Blair + 2013 2nd?

Billups + Bledsoe is something I can live with but want to see how Billups does as a starter. If he continues last years play, I don't mess with it. I mean, Bledsoe's biggest flaw is his lack of offensive awareness/true point guard skills but with guys like Hill, Odom, Crawford also coming off the bench, it'll be easier to hide Bleds deficiencies.

I guess Odom is gonna be used more as a 4. His minutes are going to be very limited tho.

A little hopeful on that George trade lol.

I wonder if the Lakers would be interested in Butler.

SHAQisGOAT
10-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Bledsoe has great potential

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2012, 10:33 PM
I guess Odom is gonna be used more as a 4. His minutes are going to be very limited tho.

Clipp fans don't seem to live in reality. Odom hasn't played the 5 outside the World Championships so a few minutes at the 4 seems likely if he doesn't continue to suck that is.

NBA4EVER
10-07-2012, 10:54 PM
where did these alternate blue jerseys come from?

Clippersfan86
10-08-2012, 12:12 AM
where did these alternate blue jerseys come from?

Clippers will wear them like 20 games this year. New alternate jerseys for this year.

pauk
10-08-2012, 02:33 AM
He's up from 195 to 205.

People dont understand how freakish this is.... he is 6'0-6'1 and weighs the same or maybe more than Kobe and its all muscles... that is equivalent of Kobe weighing the same of somebody 6 inches taller, like 260 lbs or so........ and equivalent of Lebron in this case being 280 lbs.... Bledsoe is HUUUUUGE for that size...

Clippersfan86
10-08-2012, 02:44 AM
People dont understand how freakish this is.... he is 6'0-6'1 and weighs the same or maybe more than Kobe and its all muscles... that is equivalent of Kobe weighing the same of somebody 6 inches taller, like 260 lbs or so........ and equivalent of Lebron in this case being 280 lbs.... Bledsoe is HUUUUUGE for that size...

It gets more freakish.

6'0-6'1, 205 pounds, 40 inch vertical, nearly 6'9" wingspan. His standing reach is 8'3".

NBA4EVER
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Clippers will wear them like 20 games this year. New alternate jerseys for this year.

Look sick, I like them

chips93
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM

should have been a charge

qrich
10-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Odom as a 3 would be a total disaster, even moreso now considering he is less athletic. Even a 70% Odom would be an upgrade over our backup 4s last year (Martin/Simmons/Gomes).

Hopeful or not, I still would be iffy on pulling the trigger only due to the fact I'd rather get a NOW guy.

Even if they were, they have nothing to offer that the Clippers would want.

Clippersfan86
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Look sick, I like them

Yea man so do I. Much cleaner, more unique looking than the reds. TBH that should be our permanent road jersey.

DuMa
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Here's Bledsoe on his weekend job

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/01/06/01/286805/3/628x471.jpg

Clippersfan86
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Here's Bledsoe on his weekend job

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/01/06/01/286805/3/628x471.jpg

hahaha... that guy looks just like Bledsoe. Is it?

Fiasco
10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Always thought Bledsoe played like Tony Parker, but I'm in the minority with that one. The only comparable thing is his athleticism re: LeBron.

Eric and LeBron used to share the same agent until this summer, I believe. Which is kind of cool.

Clippersfan86
10-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Always thought Bledsoe played like Tony Parker, but I'm in the minority with that one. The only comparable thing is his athleticism re: LeBron.

Eric and LeBron used to share the same agent until this summer, I believe. Which is kind of cool.

I think he's closer to a Rondo type than Parker but his slashing ability and speed does remind me of Parker. Beyond having the same agent before they are actually good friends.

Xiao Yao You
10-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Odom as a 3 would be a total disaster, even moreso now considering he is less athletic. Even a 70% Odom would be an upgrade over our backup 4s last year (Martin/Simmons/Gomes).

Hopeful or not, I still would be iffy on pulling the trigger only due to the fact I'd rather get a NOW guy.

Even if they were, they have nothing to offer that the Clippers would want.

70% I'm sure would be welcome over the bum Dallas got last year.

SpecialQue
10-08-2012, 07:10 PM
So should this be the catch-all GAWDsoe watch thread?

CF86, maybe you can keep updates of his game stats here?

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 03:39 AM
So should this be the catch-all GAWDsoe watch thread?

CF86, maybe you can keep updates of his game stats here?

:oldlol: . I already have a thread just titled "Eric Godsoe" or w/e that I bump here and there. Unfortunately for Thunder God Bledsoe CP3 is 100 percent back and doing full scrimmages, full contact now. So he's going to be back to bench after pre-season. Part of me was hoping CP3 missed first week or two of season just so Bledsoe could dominate.