PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

BankShot
10-07-2012, 02:03 AM
I can't be the only one that spends the vast majority of their 2k-time running Associations, either short- or long-term.... so lets have a thread dedicated to sharing their past/current associations, plans for future associations, or simply general discussion on what I consider to be the most valuable and replayable feature of the NBA 2k series.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I chose the T-Wolves to be my first Association team of NBA 2k13, due to their established pieces, cap flexibility, and personal rooting interest because of hailing from Minnesota myself.

Early moves:

- Drop J.J. Barea's $5+ million contract in a salary dump with Portland for a future 2nd rounder

- Decided to trade Kirilenko and his $20mil/2 year contract for a future 2nd rounder.... and sign Terrence Williams to a roughly 4-year $20 million. Basically swapped out for a younger player at half the cost with more potential.

- Signed Sherron Collins as a 3rd point guard for 4 years $4.6 million.... I did this in pretty much every association in 2k12. He's young, fits the role, and is pretty decent when you get him on the court in limited minutes.

- Signed Anthony Tolliver as a 5th big for one-year, $650k. Again, solid bench player that is decently playable in the game.

PG: Ricky Rubio - Luke Ridnour - Sherron Collins
SG: Brandon Roy - Malcom Lee
SF: Terrence Williams - Chase Budinger - Dante Cunningham
PF: Kevin Love - Derrick Williams
C: Nikola Pekovic - Greg Stiemsma - Desagna Diop

Moving forward I will be developing Rubio's shooting, Malcom Lee's offensive game, and the overall games of Terrence Williams and Derrick Williams.

By the end of the season, I will likely trade Pekovic so as to not have to break the bank extending his contract and to possibly lose him in unrestricted free agency next summer. I also might trade Roy while his value is high for either a 1st rounder or a young big... as long as T-Will can move to SG and D-Will can enter the starting lineup as a SF.

Maniak
10-07-2012, 02:37 AM
2k12 i was probably 90% playing assoc :oldlol:

going to wait until rosters update and things of that nature until i get into it this game, i think. i plan on doing a project here in the vgf (i did one with 2k11 with the hornets but gave up) where i do write ups and things of that nature.

there are so many good teams to play around with this year, im really excited to get into this mode. sad they spent a bunch of time on my career and my team because i think association is much better. i did sim through an assoc and noted there was much less player trading throughout the season, something i hated last year. i think i'll actually leave cpu trades on.

BankShot
10-07-2012, 02:41 AM
i did sim through an assoc and noted there was much less player trading throughout the season, something i hated last year. i think i'll actually leave cpu trades on.

This is one of the first things I did when I got the new game..... and I agree there were less trades, and no seriously bone-headed trades, than 2k12 had.

The season shook out pretty much as expected other than the fact that the Suns not only traded Luis Scola and Marcin Gortat.... but they ended up being the 7 seed.

IGotACoolStory
10-07-2012, 03:00 AM
I'll join this after the roster update.

Right now I'm deciding between Toronto, Detroit, or Washington.

BankShot
10-07-2012, 03:19 AM
I'll join this after the roster update.

Right now I'm deciding between Toronto, Detroit, or Washington.

Personally, unless its a sure-fire 2nd-round play off team I prefer to do the rebuild-around-youth route for a new association.

Washington always seems like a good start to the association but when I do the Wizards, Wall never seems to turn into anything resembling a true superstar. Especially now that the Wizards traded for the veteran frontcourt, it just doesn't seem like it would be that much fun.

I'd recommend the Pistons.... as it would be fun developing the Monroe/Drummond frontcourt, and the PG is set with Knight so really all they need is to develop their depth, and either draft or sign a superstar-quality wing that can create and shoot.

BankShot
10-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves

SF: Terrence Williams - Chase Budinger - Dante Cunningham
PF: Kevin Love - Derrick Williams
C: Nikola Pekovic - Greg Stiemsma - Desagna Diop

- Signed Earl Clark as a benchwarmer for 4yr/$4.85m

- Chase Budinger and two 2nd round picks for Perry Jones and the Thunder's 1st rounder in 2014

- Greg Stemsma and the Thunder's 1st rounder in 2014 for Andre Drummond

So basically I traded Budinger, Steimsma, and two 2nd rounders for Perry Jones and Andre Drummond. Both are 60s, but are young and extremely potential-laden.

SF: Terrence Williams - Earl Clark
PF: Kevin Love - Derrick Williams - Perry Jones
C: Nikola Pekovic - Andre Drummond

jbot
10-08-2012, 09:55 PM
past 2k games would change your own set roster in association (ex: mayo a starter instead of 6th man). did they finally change that or does the computer still put who it wants as starters?

GOBB
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Association mode? Whats that?

BankShot
10-09-2012, 01:20 AM
past 2k games would change your own set roster in association (ex: mayo a starter instead of 6th man). did they finally change that or does the computer still put who it wants as starters?

Are we talking about the user-controlled team, or the rest of the league controlled by CPU???

The user has the option of controlling the player-role and playing-time for each player on his/her roster, or automating it so that the CPU makes decisions regarding PT.

As for the automated option, the CPU generally just chooses the player that has the highest overall rating for determining player roles on a given team. Players like O.J. Mayo, Manu Ginobli, and James Harden, are all given starting roles due to their superior player ratings relative to that of their respective counterpart.

BankShot
10-09-2012, 01:23 AM

Its the game mode with which I probably spend 99+% of my 2k-time playing over the course of a given year/season.

In 2k12 I tried the My Player mode, and spend a fair amount of time working and improving my player. I eventually was a starting PG for the Atlanta Hawks and was making my way towards a serious ROY bid. With that being said, it eventually got boring and repetitive and it was frustrating that one couldn't simulate the games while still receiving improvement points.

BankShot
10-09-2012, 01:24 AM
- Signed Earl Clark as a benchwarmer for 4yr/$4.85m

- Chase Budinger and two 2nd round picks for Perry Jones and the Thunder's 1st rounder in 2014

- Greg Stemsma and the Thunder's 1st rounder in 2014 for Andre Drummond

So basically I traded Budinger, Steimsma, and two 2nd rounders for Perry Jones and Andre Drummond. Both are 60s, but are young and extremely potential-laden.

SF: Terrence Williams - Earl Clark
PF: Kevin Love - Derrick Williams - Perry Jones
C: Nikola Pekovic - Andre Drummond

Negged for this??? Someone is sadly super-butt-hurt. :rolleyes:

jbot
10-09-2012, 08:55 PM
As for the automated option, the CPU generally just chooses the player that has the highest overall rating for determining player roles on a given team. Players like O.J. Mayo, Manu Ginobli, and James Harden, are all given starting roles due to their superior player ratings relative to that of their respective counterpart.
that keeps me from buying this game then. i can't stand how the computer decides to put who it wants as starters even though i set it otherwise. stupid.

Heavincent
10-09-2012, 09:01 PM

The best mode in 2K.

TheWINdyCity
10-10-2012, 05:16 AM
The best mode in 2K.

My Career? :no:

Heavincent
10-10-2012, 04:17 PM
My Career? :no:

No.

raprap
10-12-2012, 08:30 AM
The best mode in 2K.
truth.

code green
10-12-2012, 06:07 PM
My bro wanted to do a fantasy draft, so we ended up picking teams. Using the Cats, my lineup looks like:

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Gerald Green
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Greg Oden
6th: James Harden
7th: Nate Robinson
8th: Lamar Odom
9th: Jamario Moon
10th: Tyler Zeller

...and a couple of scrubs that I can't remember. 0-3 so far on HoF difficulty. It's like every move they make gets them an open shot, unreal.

IGotACoolStory
10-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Tiling, carpeting, life, and whatever...

Finally get to start my association. Going to create one that I play (Toronto) and one that I sim (Detroit). Pretty hyped.

For this Toronto one, I'm going to do a bunch of trades and build the team I want, since I'm the one who has to play with these guys. No overriding or anything, though. The Detroit association will be more realistic.

First thing I did was change the starting lineup to:
Lowry / Ross / Derozan / Bargs / Val

I want to get rid of Bargs and definitely find a way to drop Fields' contract.

Transactions and Team Movements:

Changed Derozan from SG/SF to SF/SG (up 2 overall points)
--Derozan can't shoot and the position is shooting guard, afterall. Plus I want Ross in the starting lineup and Derozan is more of a 3 between the two.

Outgoing: Andrea Bargnani, 2014 first round pick, Amir Johnson, and Aaron Gray
Incoming (from Miami): Chris Bosh, Josh Harrellson, Rashard Lewis, and a 2014 second round
--Honestly, I really don't like use Bargs in this game. Then Bosh gives me a legit #1 option and it's Bosh back in Toronto! How can you turn that down?

Outgoing: John Lucas, Rashard Lewis, 2013 second round pick, and 2014 second round pick
Incoming (from LAC): Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Hollins
--I was looking for a combo who could play backup for both positions. Bledsoe fits that well.

Outgoing: Landry Fields and Josh Harrellson
Incoming (from GSW): Brandon Rush and Festus Ezeli
--Mainly wanted to dump Fields for a 3pt shooter. That would be Rush.

Outgoing: Jose Calderon, Ryan Hollins, Linas Kleiza
Incoming (from Hou): Royce White, Omer Asik, Jon Brockman
--Asik gives me a legit starting center until I can develop Val. I had no use for Calderon with Lowry and Bledose on the team and White is a terrific prospect. Plan to use him like Lamar Odom.

Signed Jason Kapono to a 1 year, min contract
--I always like having one dead-eye 3pt shooter on the team for certain situations.

Outgoing: Demar Derozan, Jon Brockman, and Quincy Acy
Incoming (from Den): Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov
--I like Chandler's contract and he's exactly what I wanted at SF. He definitely fits the role better than Derozan does, will be cheaper in the long run, and is only two years older. Had too many bigs so I traded two crappy ones for one decent one.

Outgoing: Ed Davis
Incoming (from OKC): Perry Jones, Nick Collison, 2013 second round pick
--Kept second guessing this trade. I just really wanted a project SF and Perry Jones was the only one I could afford in a trade without giving up a pick. Really wanted to keep Davis, but his role was minimized with the additions of Collison and Royce White.

Changed Perry Jones from PF/SF to SF/PF (up 1 overall)
--Like I said, I want a project SF and not have Kapono as the only back up.

Outgoing: Timofey Mozgov and Festus Ezeli
Incoming (from NOH): 2014 second round pick
--Mainly, Val was going to take every single back-up C minute there was and Moz was expiring. Chances are that I'm not going to play either of those two unless there's an injury. Might as well get a pick from them rather than have both sit on the bench until they expire.

You know, after inter scrimmaging, I feel I like I need to trade either White or Jones for a more veteran of their position. Not sure yet.

Which leads to...

Outgoing: Perry Jones and 2014 second round pick (Hornets)
Incoming (from Bos): Jason Collins and the 2013 first round pick
--I get a first rounder and I just give the pt to Rush or White

So I'm done with trading for now. The new 2012-2013 Toronto Raptors are:
PG: Kyle Lowry / Eric Bledsoe
SG: Terrence Ross / Eric Bledsoe / Brandon Rush
SF: Wilson Chandler / Brandon Rush / Jason Kapono
PF: Chris Bosh / Royce White / Nick Collison
C: Omer Asik / Jonas Valančiūnas / Nick Collison

w/ Raptors 2013 first round, Celtics 2013 first round, Thunder 2013 second round, Heat 2014 second round picks. 5.77 mil under the cap.

I feel like I created a very tall (sans the PG), versatile, and athletic roster that has a great defensive potential. I can play small ball by moving Chandler to the 4 and Bosh to the 5. I have 3pt shooters all over the place with Rush, Chandler, Kapono, Ross, and Lowry. Most of the bench can play multiple positions to cause mismatches in the second unit. I also feel I have a good balance of veteran leadership, players peaking, and future prospects. I think the set roles are already in place, too. Bosh is the clear #1, Lowry/Chandler are Robin, Asik is the D and rebounder, Bledsoe is the sixth man, and decently talented mob squad.

I had to restart my association because I didn't notice the draft class was filled with shit. I usually get two seasons out of this game mode when I play the games and I watch a lot of college basketball (more than the NBA) so I really needed some familiar names in the draft. Of course when I try to make the same trades, a few of them don't work this time so I had to override those...

Oh, and this new total sim control thing is interesting. Going to be useful when I do the sim association.

CarlosBoozer
10-14-2012, 06:39 AM
1-4 in the pinoy association :( Kevin Durant is my superstar player in my team. Trying to build around him, current roster is:

Gilbert Arenas
Thebo Sefolosha
Kevin Durant
Luis Scola
Nene
Bench:
Rodrigue Beaubois
Jordan Crawford
Casspi
Spreights
Noccioni

bdreason
10-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Made my first Warriors association last night.

Traded Jefferson, Jack, and 1st round pick to Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick.

Then traded Landry and Biedrins to Clippers for Jordan and 1st round pick.

Current lineup;

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Danny Granger
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Charles Jenkins
Brandon Rush
Harrison Barnes
Jeremy Tyler
Andre Jordan

Simmed first season and ended up 4th seed out West. My offense is rated like 97 overall, and is unstoppable.

KobesFinger
10-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Chose NYK to see if I could turn them around:

1) Traded Amar'e to the Cavs for Luke Walton (expiring) and Tristan Thompson. Traded someone for Brandan Wright.
2) Let JR Smith walk in free agency (2013), re-signed Brewer, signed Delonte West to a 2 year, $4m deal, signed Andre Iguodala to a 5 year, $60m deal
3) Carmelo opted out, as did LeBron so I signed him to a 5 year, $92m deal
4) Resigned Brewer to a 2 year, $2m deal. Signed Eric Bledsoe to a 4 year, $32m deal. Signed KG (he's 39!) to a 2 year, $3m deal. Signed Wesley Johnson and Jared Dudley to identical 3 year, $7m deals
I can't remember every move I made, there should be a running diary for this. At the end of my 2015-16, my team is:

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: Iman Shumpert
SF: Andre Iguodala
PF: LeBron James
C: Tyson Chandler

Bench: Brandan Wright, Jared Dudley, Wes Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Delonte West and a scrub rookie called Gordon McCleod.

My next move is to let Chandler walk and try and get RFA Anthony Davis

MasterDurant24
10-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I simmed a couple years into an association with the Lakers and now all the averages have dropped. Like the leading scorer in the leauge is averaging 25ppg and people like LeBron and Durant are averaging 20 and 22 ppg but all the team point averages have went up. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

irondarts
10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Started my first association, I was stuck on what team to pick so I picked the Bobcats (lol). Haven't really made any moves at all.

My starting lineup:

PG - Kemba Walker
SG - Ben Gordon
SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Bismack Biyombo
C - Brendan Haywood

Bench:

Ramon Sessions
Tyrus Thomas
Gerald Henderson
Byron Mullens
Lance Stephenson
Desagana Diop
Solomon Alabi
Damion James

So far the only moves I've made are:

Waived Matt Carrol
Traded Reggie Williams to the Cavs for a 2013 2nd Round Pick
Traded a 2014 Second Round pick to the Pacers for Lance Stephenson and a 2013 Second Round Pick (Basically got Lance for nothing since we both swapped picks as well).
Signed Solomon Alabi to a 1 yr/473 K contract
Signed Damion James to a 2 yr/3 million dollar contract

Some thoughts:

Kemba is real good in this game, he's a very good scorer. Ben Gordon is a good scorer as well as has a nice shot in this game, he can fill it up in bunches. MKG is AWESOME in this game, he does it all, he's like Iggy-lite and is by far the best player on the team, his shot is pretty awful though. Bismack is a beast on the boards and on defense, but isn't great offensively, I'm lucky to get 10-12 points with him. Haywood sucks and I'm probably going to move Bismack to Center and start Tyrus Thomas at PF, Tyrus is decent in the game. Haywood does NOTHING offensively and isn't very good on the boards either.

I miss the D-League feature, I used to like sending my younger guys to the D-League so they could play, but it looks like that's not an option this year.

Brujesino
10-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Made my first Warriors association last night.

Traded Jefferson, Jack, and 1st round pick to Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick.

Then traded Landry and Biedrins to Clippers for Jordan and 1st round pick.

Current lineup;

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Danny Granger
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Charles Jenkins
Brandon Rush
Harrison Barnes
Jeremy Tyler
Andre Jordan

Simmed first season and ended up 4th seed out West. My offense is rated like 97 overall, and is unstoppable.
Those were pretty good trades.

Has there been any changes to association mode or enhancements?

irondarts
10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Those were pretty good trades.

Has there been any changes to association mode or enhancements?
The biggest change is that the D-League is gone.

$LakerGold
10-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Finally! I can now finally discuss Association mode with yall. We didn't have a thread like this last year.

Anyways, I had like a STORYLINE last year in my own little imagination :lol T-Mac and Vince Carter paired up to beat the BIG 3 :roll: :roll: :roll: (Sorry im already laughing my ass off at this point) ... I forgot which team though.

Anyways, im gonna try to rebuild a team and lead them to a championship w/out and STAR but full of role players.

I played Association mode when the game first came out though, I chose the Knicks, had TRADE OVER-RIDE ON. Melo + 1st Round Pick For Lebron :D (In my own head, the Heat was done with him for some reason and wanted to trade him.) :oldlol:

Bring back Ha. Seung-Jin! I always chose him as my FILLER. :cry:

$LakerGold
10-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Don't you hate it when you sign someone cuz you felt bad that no one signed them .. (Usually a veteran) and then chose to test the free agency the next year? OMG ... that just makes me wanna kill em.

CarlosBoozer
10-24-2012, 03:24 AM
If anyone is interested in joining my sim association for xbox live, please PM me :)

Brujesino
10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
The biggest change is that the D-League is gone.
oh well that sucks.I mean i didnt play any of the games put thats where i would put prospect so that i didnt have to release them.

$LakerGold
10-24-2012, 06:51 PM
oh well that sucks.I mean i didnt play any of the games put thats where i would put prospect so that i didnt have to release them.
Same.

BankShot
10-26-2012, 12:25 AM
We should have a thread where we share/post stories from associations we've made where players have made unexpected leaps in terms of PT and statistical output in the simulated future.

For instance, I'm doing a Heat association for kicks where I move LeBron to full-time PF and juice up his stats down low.

After multiple scoring titles, MVPs, and rings, I decided to play a Game 7 ECF matchup against the Knicks in the 2014/15 season.

Melo is nowhere to be seen, but Jimmer apparently has become the starting PG... and is averaging 21/6/4, and 30/6/5 in the finals. :roll:

$LakerGold
10-26-2012, 05:30 AM
WOW! I won the NBA Finals with the Celitcs.

Ronda/D. Fish
Shannon Brown/Wesley Johnson? (Is that his name?)
Pierce/Ron Artest
KG/KMart
Brook Lopez/Robin Lopez

We all know im a Laker fan, and it was really sad seeing those players in the Free Agency Pool. I acquired Shannon Brown and Wesley Johnson by trading Jason Terry & Rip Hamilton, they were just not doing it for me. Both scored the lowest FG% for me, I checked the metric stats and both were just chuckers and wasn't helping the team at all. Both were traded to the Suns for Brown & Johnson (Hamilton + Terry + Cavs 1st pick for Brown + Johnson).

Funny story for Kmart. He was actually good until he got injured during the last 4 games in the finals, he had a severe injury like around the Semi-Finals? and had to be taken out of the rotation, but I never knew he came back healthy and was ready to play - So I simulated the games and stuffs and his Morale became 0% and asked for a trade :oldlol:

And I won the NBA Finals ... Rondo was the Finals MVP. It's really great cuz ANY PLAYER that's above 30+ in the free agency WILL take a paycut and sign with your team! I GOT MELO DAWG! THE FUTURE!:banana:

SIGNED MELO - 5mil per year/5 yrs.

They do not mess around in the rotation, im telling you ... You have to give your bench warmers minutes now or else theyll ask for a trade, WTF!
In the previous NBA 2k games, it would have been alright if you just set their minutes to 0. :facepalm

Anyways ... I'm bout to start my season.

$LakerGold
10-26-2012, 05:36 AM
I might be one of those DICK GM/OWNER that'll trade old ass players that's been on a team for the past decade or half of his life for young players.

I might trade KG and Pierce and start a new Dynasty :)

Who knows .... Cuz I'm really open to acquiring Anthony Davis or Durant & Pau.

Pierce = 88
KG = 84
Rondo = 93
Lopez = 87
Melo = 89

miller-time
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I might be one of those DICK GM/OWNER that'll trade old ass players that's been on a team for the past decade or half of his life for young players.

I might trade KG and Pierce and start a new Dynasty :)

Who knows .... Cuz I'm really open to acquiring Anthony Davis or Durant & Pau.

Pierce = 88
KG = 84
Rondo = 93
Lopez = 87
Melo = 89

you can't trade pierce lol. there are like 4 trades i won't do in association. pierce from celtics, kobe from lakers, duncan from spurs, or dirk from mavs. also probably wouldn't trade away rondo. none of those players leaving their team feels right.

miller-time
10-28-2012, 09:02 PM
also what quarter length, difficulty, and number of games per season do you guys use? if you play long seasons do you play all of your games or do you sim some of them?

$LakerGold
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
To be honest, this is more like creating a history for me rather than a challenge.

Btw,I got rid of Robin Lopez and 3 lottery picks for Anthony Davis :D

Ronda/Billups
Pierce/Metta World Peace
Melo/Battier
Anthony Davis/Austin Daye
Brook Lopez/KG

Had KG on Center cuz hes a sixthman and would **** up my rotation.
Metta is also a sixth man.

thesnowman22
10-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Playing 14 game season with Bobcats, 5 min quarters. This way i can get thru a bunch of seasons.

Trying to be somewhat realistic. After a couple of games traded Sessions, T Thomas, and 2 first round picks for Thomas Robinson, Garcia and trash. Also picked up Roddy b as my backup PG.

I been playing MKG at 4. Small line up- Kemba, Gordon, Henderson, MKG and Bismack. Robinson off bench. Then MKG broke wrist. Put Robinson at 4 and I think when he comes back i will leave him there and bring MKG off bench with starters minutes.

Started off 2-6, then won 5 of 6 to finish 7-7 and get 8 seed. Ben G was leading scorer in NBA while kemba was most improved. 76ers are #1, beat em first gamein 2 of 3 series.

I began playing on pro, but I may switch it harder next season as i am getting much better. Gordon shot 50% from 3 line.

Interestingly, Jruh Holiday was MVP.

Was planning on letting Ben G walk if he didnt take player option, but I cant now. He drains everything.

I led NBA in scoring, but also gave up most PPG.

I am getting confident enough on bobcats I may actually try to play em in an online game. kemba and Hendo are money from 15-17.

May start an entire other assoc at a higher level. Also, i usually sim a bunch and just be GM may do that too.

Gameplay in 2k13 is better once u get used to it.

outbreak
10-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Playing 14 game season with Bobcats, 5 min quarters. This way i can get thru a bunch of seasons.

Trying to be somewhat realistic. After a couple of games traded Sessions, T Thomas, and 2 first round picks for Thomas Robinson, Garcia and trash. Also picked up Roddy b as my backup PG.

I been playing MKG at 4. Small line up- Kemba, Gordon, Henderson, MKG and Bismack. Robinson off bench. Then MKG broke wrist. Put Robinson at 4 and I think when he comes back i will leave him there and bring MKG off bench with starters minutes.

Started off 2-6, then won 5 of 6 to finish 7-7 and get 8 seed. Ben G was leading scorer in NBA while kemba was most improved. 76ers are #1, beat em first gamein 2 of 3 series.

I began playing on pro, but I may switch it harder next season as i am getting much better. Gordon shot 50% from 3 line.

Interestingly, Jruh Holiday was MVP.

Was planning on letting Ben G walk if he didnt take player option, but I cant now. He drains everything.

I led NBA in scoring, but also gave up most PPG.

I am getting confident enough on bobcats I may actually try to play em in an online game. kemba and Hendo are money from 15-17.

May start an entire other assoc at a higher level. Also, i usually sim a bunch and just be GM may do that too.

Gameplay in 2k13 is better once u get used to it.

how are the injuries on 14 game seasons? I tried that last year and every week I had 3 or so injuries when I hadn't even been playing a game that week. Jrue Holiday is 3rd in my myplayer's rookie season for MVP voting atm halfway through the season. Someone at 2k likes him

IGotACoolStory
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I had a Nuggets association running, but got tired of the team so I blew it up.

First I tried building around a Lawson-Iggy-Favors core. It just wasn't fun.

Then I tried building like the Heat where Iggy was LeBron, Nick Young was Wade, and Derrick Williams was Bosh. I put Shump at PG and had McGee protecting the rim. That didn't work.

Now I have:
PG: Kyrie / Wroten Jr.
SG: Shump / Young
SF: Leonard / Walton
PF: Derrick Williams / Jason Smith
C: Oden / Drummond / Diop

And I'm really digging this team. Nick Young is my 6th man (about 30 minutes a game) backing up SG and SF. Drummond backs up PF and C, mostly for his development. Oden is more of a stop gap right now than anything. He's not bad, though. These rest of the starters I'm going to build with.

1) Kyrie is a ****ing boss. His handle is incredible, shot is so easy, dunks in the lane...
2) I've never enjoyed playing defense until I used Shump. It's actually a battle trying to stop players man on man using him. Fun stuff.
3) Derrick Williams is bad. I wanted him to be my #2, but he has no offensive ability other than dunking. Still going to develop him into a Larry Johnson-type player. Eventually...

0-2 with the new roster. But the first game was against the Heat where Wade beat me with 3 seconds left. The second game was against the Spurs where I lost in OT by 2.. So I'm still feeling good.

Only complaint is that my team can't rebound for shit. Blair and Duncan combined for 30 rebounds, and about half were offensive... Not sure how to fix that.

irondarts
11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Started a new Association with the Magic, but the team is such a mess that I don't think I'll pursue it. The team just flat out sucks, and the old guys like Turk are difficult to trade.

The only bright spot is Moe Harkless, who is good in the game.

Wavves
11-03-2012, 09:30 PM
If you do your own substitutions like I do, I recommend turning off player roles when starting your association. Allows for much more flexibility with rotations and you don't feel as if you are forced to play players because they need minutes.

thesnowman22
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Only had one big injury, MKG lost 6-8 wks, but only a coupla games because they are so spread out. He did get hurt between games, tho.

Won NBA title. Gotta move up difficulty.

$LakerGold
11-04-2012, 07:42 AM
If you do your own substitutions like I do, I recommend turning off player roles when starting your association. Allows for much more flexibility with rotations and you don't feel as if you are forced to play players because they need minutes.

LOL

Here's my tip for you.

Veterans = Age 34+ (I could be wrong, but that's how the system is built in Association mode)

Minutes:
Starters - 30 mins. +
Sixthman - 20 mins. +
Role players - 8 mins. + (Depending on the player, there are players that want 15 mins)
Benchwarmer - 1 min. + (Only works for 65 rated and below)

For starters, obviously anyone can be a starter.
For Sixthman, If a player is rated 80 or 80+ they will always want there roles upgraded. But you must wait first for them to ask you to upgrade it, cuz there are some that are 80 but that's just a morale boost, you see those ICON POINTING UP right beside their rating? thats called a morale boost and their original rating could be 78 or 79 depending on there morale boost. There are veterans that could careless about roles but again, it all depends on their rating. If a veteran is rated 90+ and you put him as a bench warmer, WHO WOULDN'T BITCH ABOUT THAT? :lol
I'm saying is ... sometimes a veteran would SOMETIMES go with as being a ROLE PLAYER.

For role players, rated 69-79.

Bench warmers, Rated 68 or 69 BELOW.

Look, I could be wrong but I wrote that shit down from my experience. I know i've encountered a player where he was 78 or 77 and wanted an upgraded role to a SIXTHMAN.

I can tell you're a noobie at this, NO OFFENSE :D

....Welcome to Association Mode....

Wavves
11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
LOL

Here's my tip for you.

Veterans = Age 34+ (I could be wrong, but that's how the system is built in Association mode)

Minutes:
Starters - 30 mins. +
Sixthman - 20 mins. +
Role players - 8 mins. + (Depending on the player, there are players that want 15 mins)
Benchwarmer - 1 min. + (Only works for 65 rated and below)

For starters, obviously anyone can be a starter.
For Sixthman, If a player is rated 80 or 80+ they will always want there roles upgraded. But you must wait first for them to ask you to upgrade it, cuz there are some that are 80 but that's just a morale boost, you see those ICON POINTING UP right beside their rating? thats called a morale boost and their original rating could be 78 or 79 depending on there morale boost. There are veterans that could careless about roles but again, it all depends on their rating. If a veteran is rated 90+ and you put him as a bench warmer, WHO WOULDN'T BITCH ABOUT THAT? :lol
I'm saying is ... sometimes a veteran would SOMETIMES go with as being a ROLE PLAYER.

For role players, rated 69-79.

Bench warmers, Rated 68 or 69 BELOW.

Look, I could be wrong but I wrote that shit down from my experience. I know i've encountered a player where he was 78 or 77 and wanted an upgraded role to a SIXTHMAN.

No, playing with player roles makes the rotations in the game unrealistic in my opinion. Why would you let a role player who is having a horrible game keep playing and making your team potentially lose when you can take him off and give another guy minutes without him being upset about his gametime.

$LakerGold
11-04-2012, 08:44 AM
No, playing with player roles makes the rotations in the game unrealistic in my opinion. Why would you let a role player who is having a horrible game keep playing and making your team potentially lose when you can take him off and give another guy minutes without him being upset about his gametime.

IMO that's why you trade players around.

$LakerGold
11-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Can you list down your rotation? and the minutes you're giving them?

Wavves
11-04-2012, 08:56 AM

But I like my team, I don't just trade away half my team. That's unrealistic. You obviously haven't understood anything I've been saying.

Wavves
11-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Can you list down your rotation? and the minutes you're giving them?

I'm doing manual rotations. I make my own substitutions whilst playing the game.
Makes the game much more realistic.

BankShot
11-04-2012, 11:40 AM

I don't think you're reading/understanding what he's saying. He turns off player roles so there isn't a set amount of minutes given to each player.

He takes over the role of coach in terms of making manual substitutions....

If his star is hot or is needed due to game circumstance, he plays him 44 minutes instead of the 36-38 that auto-subs would dictate given his player role.

If a particular role player is beasting by getting hot behind the arc, or is necessary due to his defense or whatever, he'll play him more than the 8 that is generally allotted given his role.

You would just suggest that if a role player has a bad game, he should just be traded... instead of just being subbed in by another player that maybe isn't scheduled to play as many minutes because of his set role??? :facepalm

BankShot
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM

You call him a noobie for wanting to up the realism of his association, while you trade away 3/4 of your team for big names, and then make fake/forced trades like Robin Lopez + Lottery picks for Anthony Davis?? Please.

I tried to trade DeMarcus Cousins (94) plus 2 guaranteed Top-6 picks for Anthony Davis, and it didn't go through. :rolleyes:

$LakerGold
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM
You call him a noobie for wanting to up the realism of his association, while you trade away 3/4 of your team for big names, and then make fake/forced trades like Robin Lopez + Lottery picks for Anthony Davis?? Please.

I tried to trade DeMarcus Cousins (94) plus 2 guaranteed Top-6 picks for Anthony Davis, and it didn't go through. :rolleyes:
Hold up!!

I didnt have FORCE TRADE while playing the Celtics ... I had it ON for the Lakers. If I wrote before that I had it on for the Celtics ... I meant Lakers.

And I had 1st picks from other lottery teams, I don't know which one cuz i traded Jason Terry & Courtney Lee for a filler and Lottery Pick ... and If I dont remember correctly ... I really think I signed a Free agent before that trade went down.

And then I traded Robin Lopez + picks (Rated 85) for Anthony Davis (Rated 89)

And dude .. I had like a lot of vets signed to my team every year cuz they want to play for my team cuz I just won a ring. I know I had RIP HAMILTON + other guy, traded for Shannon Brown and Wesley Johnson ... I dont even remember anymore. lol

You can find trades that can actually benefit you from the trade finder. You can trade 2 70+ players for an 80+ and trade that 80+ for another 80+. That actually happened to me before.
LOL

$LakerGold
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think you're reading/understanding what he's saying. He turns off player roles so there isn't a set amount of minutes given to each player.

He takes over the role of coach in terms of making manual substitutions....

If his star is hot or is needed due to game circumstance, he plays him 44 minutes instead of the 36-38 that auto-subs would dictate given his player role.

If a particular role player is beasting by getting hot behind the arc, or is necessary due to his defense or whatever, he'll play him more than the 8 that is generally allotted given his role.

You would just suggest that if a role player has a bad game, he should just be traded... instead of just being subbed in by another player that maybe isn't scheduled to play as many minutes because of his set role??? :facepalm

Okay, thank you.
Now I get it. Jeez ...

$LakerGold
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I think it's the year 2018 or 2019

1- Rondo
2 - Trevor Ariza/Joe Johnson
3 - Kevin Durant
4 - Blake Girffin
5 - Anthony Davis

First of all ... I traded Melo w/ picks for Durant.

And yeah, I got FATIGUE OFF. In real life players are always somewhat fresh when they play. So yeah, that explains the Rating boost ... I set practices, EVERYDAY except for Sunday *FAMILY TIME* LOL

And yeah ... THIS IS GETTING BORING. I'm gonna start with a different team and start all over. Prolly start with Minny and trade Kevin Love for Ray Allen? Rubio for Ed Davis? I don't like Ruvio so he has got to go.
Have Hedo for 3 ... Fisher for ... Lamar for 4 ... Ed Davis or whoever for 5?

Hopefully ill find a way to make that roster happen. Last time I played Ray Allen only played for the next 2 seasons and retired. So hopefully I'll find a way.

bdreason
11-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Turning off player roles is cheating IMO. But in the end, whatever makes the game more fun for you. I enjoy the challenge of building a team that realistically requires roleplayers and bench players. Without player roles turned on, I can build a super-team relatively easy.

bdreason
11-05-2012, 03:40 AM
And turning on trade override is cheating as well IMO. Again, to each his own though.

Wavves
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Turning off player roles is cheating IMO. But in the end, whatever makes the game more fun for you. I enjoy the challenge of building a team that realistically requires roleplayers and bench players. Without player roles turned on, I can build a super-team relatively easy.

I don't cheese it though, I try and make the most realistic game possible and turning the option off really helps with that.

Toizumi
11-11-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't cheese it though, I try and make the most realistic game possible and turning the option off really helps with that.

I think that player roles only make association less realistic, especially when you build a nice team. I gave up on player roles back when I played 2k8. I'm big on realism and only play offline association. Rookies and sophmores, who in real life play limited minutes, complaining about wanting more minutes and having their ratings drop and all :facepalm. So as a player, with subs on manual of course, you have to sub in guys just to keep them happy. You have to sub purely for the sake of keeping guys satisified, which is not the goal of the game as I see it and not realistic at all. I want to use rotations that seem realistic compared to real games and not rotations that I have to play to prevent my team's rating to drop...

outbreak
11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Good to see they haven't fixed the bugs from last years game. When I sign free agents mid season occasionally they sign for say 2mill a year, once their on my roster though they are listed as $0 a season and their contracts expired. Used to do this all the time last year too.
New bug i've found is I'll sign someone as a role player/sixth man then they immediately get angry about not being a starter when they haven't even played a game yet. The used to be happy in the role that they signed up for and only get angry if they've been in it for awhile or you de mote them.

Anyway my association with the cavs is currently

Irving/E'twaun Moore
Waiters/Von Wafer
Gee/Teletovic
Zach Randoph/Al Harrington
Roy Hibbert/Tyler Zeller

Line up kills it but Randolph's hogging my cap space. E'twaun moore is a beast in 2013 in this game. I did have Gary Neal and Sjax but had to trade them because they were immediately asking for trades for being role players even though they signed on for that /facepalm

irondarts
11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Good to see they haven't fixed the bugs from last years game. When I sign free agents mid season occasionally they sign for say 2mill a year, once their on my roster though they are listed as $0 a season and their contracts expired. Used to do this all the time last year too.
New bug i've found is I'll sign someone as a role player/sixth man then they immediately get angry about not being a starter when they haven't even played a game yet. The used to be happy in the role that they signed up for and only get angry if they've been in it for awhile or you de mote them.

Irving/E'twaun Moore
Waiters/Von Wafer
Gee/Teletovic
Roy Hibbert/Tyler Zeller

Line up kills it but Randolph's hogging my cap space. E'twaun moore is a beast in 2013 in this game. I did have Gary Neal and Sjax but had to trade them because they were immediately asking for trades for being role players even though they signed on for that /facepalm
The contract bug I've actually used to my advantage before. I would sign someone for a few million, then it shows as expired I just edit the player and give them the minimum. :oldlol: :oldlol:

outbreak
11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
The contract bug I've actually used to my advantage before. I would sign someone for a few million, then it shows as expired I just edit the player and give them the minimum. :oldlol: :oldlol:

There's a temptation to do that but I'm trying to play realistically. If your doing that you may as well just edit a scrub to be 99 and trade him for KD.

$LakerGold
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Irving/E'twaun Moore
Waiters/Von Wafer
Gee/Teletovic
Roy Hibbert/Tyler Zeller

Ewww .. get rid off Randolph and trade him for an expirer and round picks .. houston should do the job since they have more than 10m cap space.

Trade all the guys that you dont like or dont need and keep the core.

I traded like 7-9 players off my team for expirers and got CP3 on my first free agency with the Bobcats. Didnt have to let go of Kemba Walker and Gilchrist, but had to trade Kemba and round picks for Paul George.. I also traded Ben Gordon for Daquean Cook. I know I traded someone for Shawn Marion, but he chose to sign with the Mavs in the 2nd offseason.

SUCKS THEY DONT HAVE D-LEAGUE ANYMORE, that's where I used to drop off my lottery drafted players and call them back up if someone retired from my team.

Wavves
11-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Ewww .. get rid off Randolph and trade him for an expirer and round picks .. houston should do the job since they have more than 10m cap space.

I traded like 7-9 players off my team for expirers and got CP3 on my first free agency with the Bobcats. Didnt have to let go of Kemba Walker and Gilchrist, but had to trade Kemba and round picks for Paul George.. I also traded Ben Gordon for Daquean Cook. I know I traded someone for Shawn Marion, but he chose to sign with the Mavs in the 2nd offseason.

SUCKS THEY DONT HAVE D-LEAGUE ANYMORE, that's where I used to drop off my lottery drafted players and call them back up if someone retired from my team.

How old are you...?

outbreak
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM

Randolphs a beast man cleans up the boards too. I don't trade my entire line up I like to keep it semi realistic and identifiable as the original team.

$LakerGold
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Randolphs a beast man cleans up the boards too. I don't trade my entire line up I like to keep it semi realistic and identifiable as the original team.

Oh okay ... just saying though. Remember what happened to the Bulls during the draft day like around 09' or 10' ... Their were only 6 players in the roster. They kept their core and rebuilt their team. Just sayin though.

irondarts
11-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Started my first association, I was stuck on what team to pick so I picked the Bobcats (lol). Haven't really made any moves at all.

My starting lineup:

PG - Kemba Walker
SG - Ben Gordon
SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Bismack Biyombo
C - Brendan Haywood

Bench:

Ramon Sessions
Tyrus Thomas
Gerald Henderson
Byron Mullens
Lance Stephenson
Desagana Diop
Solomon Alabi
Damion James

So far the only moves I've made are:

Waived Matt Carrol
Traded Reggie Williams to the Cavs for a 2013 2nd Round Pick
Traded a 2014 Second Round pick to the Pacers for Lance Stephenson and a 2013 Second Round Pick (Basically got Lance for nothing since we both swapped picks as well).
Signed Solomon Alabi to a 1 yr/473 K contract
Signed Damion James to a 2 yr/3 million dollar contract

Some thoughts:

Kemba is real good in this game, he's a very good scorer. Ben Gordon is a good scorer as well as has a nice shot in this game, he can fill it up in bunches. MKG is AWESOME in this game, he does it all, he's like Iggy-lite and is by far the best player on the team, his shot is pretty awful though. Bismack is a beast on the boards and on defense, but isn't great offensively, I'm lucky to get 10-12 points with him. Haywood sucks and I'm probably going to move Bismack to Center and start Tyrus Thomas at PF, Tyrus is decent in the game. Haywood does NOTHING offensively and isn't very good on the boards either.

I miss the D-League feature, I used to like sending my younger guys to the D-League so they could play, but it looks like that's not an option this year.
Been spending a bit of time on this Association lately. Right now my record with this team is 16-9. The Bobcats are much improved, Gerald Henderson is an incredible scorer in this game. MKG is just a beast in every aspect, he's been very good offensively and he is just a beast on the defensive end of the ball.

Just made this trade:

I get:
Richard Jefferson
Draymond Green
Andris Biedrins
Warriors 2013 1st Round Pick

Warriors get:
Ben Gordon
Brendan Haywood
Damion James
DaSagana Diop
2014 2nd Round Pick

I liked this trade because:

Haywood is trash, I get rid of Gordon which opens up more playing time for Gerald Henderson, get rid of Diop and get a potential lottery pick - plus this gives me roughly 4 million dollars in cap space.

New starting lineup:

PG - Kemba Walker (Averaging 18/6/4)
SG - Gerald Henderson (Averaging 15/2/2)
SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Averaging 20/8/4/2/2)
PF - Bismack Biyombo (Averaging 7/11/3/3)
C - Byron Mullens (Averaging 12/8/3)

Bench Rotation:

Ramon Sessions (Averaging 7/7/4)
Tyrus Thomas (Averaging 7/4)
Richard Jefferson (Averaging 7/3/3)
Andris Biedrins (Averaging 2/6/2)

First game following the trade with the Warriors Gerald Henderson dropped 49 points and Kemba went 20 Points/19 Assists/10 Rebounds.

outbreak
11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
My Cavs are 10-1 on 14 game season on all star difficulty. I find myself having to actually slack off to let teams come back abit or it's getting boring. If I up the difficulty any more the other team makes too many un realistic drives and the game seems to become my offence vs theirs with my d doing nothing.

Toizumi
11-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Been spending a bit of time on this Association lately. Right now my record with this team is 16-9. The Bobcats are much improved, Gerald Henderson is an incredible scorer in this game. MKG is just a beast in every aspect, he's been very good offensively and he is just a beast on the defensive end of the ball.

Just made this trade:

I get:
Richard Jefferson
Draymond Green
Andris Biedrins

Warriors get:
Ben Gordon
Brendan Haywood
Damion James
DaSagana Diop
2014 2nd Round Pick

Haywood is trash, I get rid of Gordon which opens up more playing time for Gerald Henderson, get rid of Diop and get a potential lottery pick - plus this gives me roughly 4 million dollars in cap space.

New starting lineup:

Bench Rotation:

First game following the trade with the Warriors Gerald Henderson dropped 49 points and Kemba went 20 Points/19 Assists/10 Rebounds.

The player stats look great. What sliders do you use and what level do you play at. Nice trade as well, especially since you got that pick.

outbreak
11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I've been wanting to try a sim association, what settings do most people use when simming games?

$LakerGold
11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Why does the CPU always run FULL COURT PRESS after the 1st quarter? It's so annoying. :facepalm

miller-time
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Why does the CPU always run FULL COURT PRESS after the 1st quarter? It's so annoying. :facepalm

they seem to do it when you have a big lead, the funny thing is it is actually easy to score when they do this.

irondarts
11-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Just made this trade:

I get:
Richard Jefferson
Draymond Green
Andris Biedrins

Warriors get:
Ben Gordon
Brendan Haywood
Damion James
DaSagana Diop
2014 2nd Round Pick

New starting lineup:

Bench Rotation:

Made another trade:

I get:

Jeff Green
Fab Melo
2013 1st Round Pick

Celtics get:

Tyrus Thomas
Jeff Taylor
Draymond Green
2013 1st Round Pick

I'm honestly shocked the Celtics accepted this trade. First off, I get rid of Tyrus Thomas and his ridiculous contract. Secondly, I get Green back, who's better than Tyrus, plus I get Fab Melo. Also, it looks like the first round pick I get from the Celtics will be a higher pick than the one I gave them, and if not, they will both be in the high teens or 20's. Plus I still have that Warriors pick.

Also, the game has Green on a 1 year/7 million dollar deal. So I just signed Green to a 4 yr/28 million dollar extension. This also gives me a legitimate scoring threat off of the bench, which was something I was desperately needing.

My record right now is 21-11.

irondarts
11-20-2012, 07:27 PM
The player stats look great. What sliders do you use and what level do you play at. Nice trade as well, especially since you got that pick.
I used custom sliders, I'll put up the exact sliders later. I've been playing on All Star bur I'm about to change it to Superstar.

outbreak
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Made another trade:

I get:

Jeff Green
Fab Melo
2013 1st Round Pick

Celtics get:

Tyrus Thomas
Jeff Taylor
Draymond Green
2013 1st Round Pick

I'm honestly shocked the Celtics accepted this trade. First off, I get rid of Tyrus Thomas and his ridiculous contract. Secondly, I get Green back, who's better than Tyrus, plus I get Fab Melo. Also, it looks like the first round pick I get from the Celtics will be a higher pick than the one I gave them, and if not, they will both be in the high teens or 20's. Plus I still have that Warriors pick.

Also, the game has Green on a 1 year/7 million dollar deal. So I just signed Green to a 4 yr/28 million dollar extension. This also gives me a legitimate scoring threat off of the bench, which was something I was desperately needing.

My record right now is 21-11.

Thomas is awesome in game though. He has won back to back DPOY awards in my associations lol.

Any one else find odd people win titles? In myplayer the wolves beat the heat for a ring, in my first association year the suns won. In my current assocation I just finished the season and am starting the play offs. Chris Duhon led the league in assists.....
This game's broken for when it has to sim something imo.

irondarts
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Thomas is awesome in game though. He has won back to back DPOY awards in my associations lol.

Any one else find odd people win titles? In myplayer the wolves beat the heat for a ring, in my first association year the suns won. In my current assocation I just finished the season and am starting the play offs. Chris Duhon led the league in assists.....
This game's broken for when it has to sim something imo.
He might good when simming. But when playing with him he's pretty bad. He's a good defender and blocks shots but he's pretty bad at everything else and he wasn't getting much PT.

Green fits better because he can play the 3 and 4 so he's a better fit coming off of the bench for me than Thomas, as Thomas wasn't effective at the 3.

I've even been playing some super small lineups during games, Sessions at the Point, Kemba at the 2, Richard Jefferson at the 3, MKG at the 4 and Jeff Green at the 5.

outbreak
11-20-2012, 11:32 PM
He might good when simming. But when playing with him he's pretty bad. He's a good defender and blocks shots but he's pretty bad at everything else and he wasn't getting much PT.

Green fits better because he can play the 3 and 4 so he's a better fit coming off of the bench for me than Thomas, as Thomas wasn't effective at the 3.

I've even been playing some super small lineups during games, Sessions at the Point, Kemba at the 2, Richard Jefferson at the 3, MKG at the 4 and Jeff Green at the 5.

Agree,
wasn't dissing your trade just throwing it out there for a reason why they did that deal.

Toizumi
11-21-2012, 09:00 AM
I used custom sliders, I'll put up the exact sliders later. I've been playing on All Star bur I'm about to change it to Superstar.

Cool. I was looking for good sliders, but I think I've found them now. I just started using the Eccentric (operationsports) all star sliders and played 2 games with it. good stuff so far. I suck at the game though and haven't won a game yet.. so I'm gonna practice some more before I start association.

Rocastle
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
What length quarters do you guys play, and what about the sim length for the CPU quarters? To try and keep scoring similar to real life?

Wavves
11-28-2012, 01:41 AM
What length quarters do you guys play, and what about the sim length for the CPU quarters? To try and keep scoring similar to real life?

12 mins each

irondarts
11-28-2012, 03:39 AM
11 minute quarters while actually playing.

12 minute quarters for simming.

$LakerGold
11-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Time to start a new Association with the Magic.

Toizumi
12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Almost ready to start my Pistons association :banana:
You guys should check it out Operationsports if you don't already. Great rosters, sliders and draft classes.
Waiting for Bedwardsroy19's latest roster update, as the current one does not have the announcer knowing the name of players that were'nt in the original roster (Priggie, Kyle Singler etc.).
My association will use:
Bedwardroy's rosters
Chiliad draft class
Eccentric's all star sliders
I'm too lazy to do a 30 team association, as I don't have the time to trade and draft for all 30 teams. I will edit the contracts of CP3 and Dwight Howard before I begin my association because I don't want them to leave LA to somehwere unrealistic (CP3 to Cavs, Howard to Orlando for instance) :facepalm

CeltsGarlic
12-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Had an awesome NBA 2k13 association game.
Rondo had 16pts on 7/14 shooting with 21 assist 9 steals and 7 boards.
KG with 22, PP with 16, Kleiza with 17 with 3/3 3pts.
Playing on superstar. Lost by 3...

EricGordon23
12-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Demarcus cousins won't resign:( I will trade him before trade deadline. Anyone got a good center in mind?

$LakerGold
12-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Demarcus cousins won't resign:( I will trade him before trade deadline. Anyone got a good center in mind?
Why won't he?

He's goin to test the FA?

EricGordon23
12-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Why won't he?

He's goin to test the FA?

Yeah no clue its a pretty deep team and we went deep in the playoffs

Loneshot
12-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Is Association mode any different this year?

Last years felt like it got stale/old fast, not to mention i wished they would incorporate a way to turn off drafts without losing all the other perks of dynasty mode. Can you do that this year? Or are there any other worthwhile additions that weren't in the mode last year?

irondarts
12-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Is Association mode any different this year?

Last years felt like it got stale/old fast, not to mention i wished they would incorporate a way to turn off drafts without losing all the other perks of dynasty mode. Can you do that this year? Or are there any other worthwhile additions that weren't in the mode last year?
No additions really. The only major difference is the D-League is gone.

KG215
12-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Just played the Heat Christmas day game in my Thunder association, and it definitely lived up to the hype.

Durant went for 44 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 assists. LeBron had 42 points, 12 assists, and 7 rebounds. Wade had 25-5-5 and Westbrook had 18-9-5. Bosh had 18 and 9 and Ibaka had 16 and 10. Martin had 19 points (4/7 from three) and Allen had 17 points (3/6 from three). I won 113-108.

The surprise of the game was Hasheem Thabeet coming in and scoring 8 points - highlighted by two putback slams - in the four minutes I usually give him to start the second quarter.

outbreak
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Anyone else getting crazy results for other teams in your league? I jhave cpu trades turned off so the only changes happen with drafting (draft day trades still happen too) and expiring contracts.

In my first year the suns won the championship, next season they've missed the play offs with the same team. Eastern conference my cavs playing the wizards in the ECF (the wizards beat miami, both rosters nearly identical to now), in the west it's memphis vs portland (knocked out OKC both rosters nearly the same again). Why are powerhouse teams getting knocked out and beaten but then the new winners are crap the next season with the same team?

StateOfMind12
12-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have sliders they can recommend?

I had 2k11 but I skipped 2k12 and this game is a lot different. My least favorite part about sports game is sliders.

It seems like the all the sliders I looked up having 100 for inside contact frequency or driving contact frequency, I've always hated that and I always wanted it lower.

What are you guys' sliders for this game?

Toizumi
12-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Does anyone have sliders they can recommend?

I had 2k11 but I skipped 2k12 and this game is a lot different. My least favorite part about sports game is sliders.

It seems like the all the sliders I looked up having 100 for inside contact frequency or driving contact frequency, I've always hated that and I always wanted it lower.

What are you guys' sliders for this game?

I think most people that devote time into making sliders put those two at 100, because you get less realistic results if you have them lower.. Driving was just way too easy in this game.

I use the Eccentrics sliders (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/588315-nba-2k13-eccentric-edition-all-star-slider-set.html) with rosters from Bedwardsroy19, with run plays at 100 for every team. I bump up on ball defense for the cpu from 45 to 47 so the D doesn't leave me wide open all the time. I get very realistic gameplay, results and stats with this roster and sliderset. Try it out?

bdreason
01-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Wilson Chandler is a fukcing monster in this game. First move you make with any association is grab this guy. I typically trade him straight up for Jarret Jack. :oldlol:

Maniak
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
they seem to do it when you have a big lead, the funny thing is it is actually easy to score when they do this.
this post is old but i was reading through this thread and figured i'd respond to it.

full court press only works if you do some retarded crossover that gets you trapped. otherwise you can get past everyone with just one player. they just aren't well programmed i guess. it'd be hard as hell to design a really good one for a game though. very reactionary and etc.

Myth
02-05-2013, 02:38 AM
F*ck this is a glitchy ass game. I'm in an online league with my brothers and in the middle of my most dominant game, the computer wouldn't pass the ball in, so I had to exit the game. Because it is online, I couldn't save and come back later hoping the glitch is over. I had Dirk with 40 something points with 1:30 left in the half in a league with 8 minute quarters. Kind of pissed right now.

MtMutombo
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM
2K7 had a Tap X to win the tip off system. Techs havent been incorporated into 2k series at all (cept I hear your kinect can hear you curse and tech you up). Players should go off periodically in the game and depending on how high their emotion bar is, you have to tap X faster to calm them down?
Rasheed wallace has impossibly difficult meter.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-16-2013, 05:03 AM
I always simulate my seasons, and it seems really random. At one point, I have 4 players over 90 overall, including Jrue Holiday at 93, Dion Waiters at 95, Black Griffin at 95, and a drafted center at 90, and never won more than 45-46 games, and at one point won only 35 games. Only won 1 championship and half the time lost in the first or second round. My head coach had 3 A's and 1 B rating, as well as my assistant. Didn't have much roster turnover from year to year or anything. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Loneshot
02-19-2013, 02:36 AM
anyone recommend any draft class to download? preferably some user with a few years worth of class to download so i can at least do three seasons without running into clones in drafts.

Toizumi
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
anyone recommend any draft class to download? preferably some user with a few years worth of class to download so i can at least do three seasons without running into clones in drafts.

If you have a PS3 I would recommend Chiliad's draft classes. I believe they are made to fit Bedwardsroy's roster, which is in my opinion, the best roster out there, but it might work nicely with other rosters as well.

Loneshot
02-19-2013, 11:20 AM
If you have a PS3 I would recommend Chiliad's draft classes. I believe they are made to fit Bedwardsroy's roster, which is in my opinion, the best roster out there, but it might work nicely with other rosters as well.

Dang, i'm on 360. :cry:

Toizumi
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Dang, i'm on 360. :cry:

Check the operationsports forums?

this one looks good:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-rosters/589647-exogenesis-vtcrb-draft-classes-xbox-360-a.html

Pavyowns7
02-28-2013, 01:56 AM
This might sound really stupid, but I do a fantasy draft every time, and love picking 10 average shooting guards and making that my rotation. The computer can't stop the 3 ball so I always outscore them even if they get an easy dunk every possession.

I have my starter play the 1st and 4th quarters:
PG-Rodney Stuckey-need his passing ability plus he can drive and create for others.
SG-Anthony Morrow-lethal 3 point shooter who won't miss given space and seems to play a lot better as a starter.
SF-Wesley Matthews-another lethal 3 point man who can rebound and defend as well.
PF-Courtney Lee-I put him here because he can stretch the defense but also drive right fast opposing power forwards.
C-Arron Afflalo-He is the best defender and doesn't miss a 3, he also takes away the center from the basket.
My bench plays the 2nd and 3rd quarters:
PG-Shannon Brown-I move him back and fourth from Pg and Sg, but he is great defending point guards and is you can get his slow release down, it is unstoppable.
SG-Marcus Thornton-He handles the ball a lot, he can drive on anyone, and hits open jumpers even though he seems to be a better shooter in real life than in the game. Does better coming off the bench.
SF-Daequan Cook-All he does is shoot 3's but he doesn't miss and can occasionally get you steals.
PF-Jermaine Taylor-inconsistent jumper but he can get hot if he hits a couple, he is great at driving and explosive dunking. Just one of those guys you love using in 2k and it's ashame he isn't in the newer roster updates.
C-Von Wafer-The opposing teams center never go out to the 3 point line to cover him so he always gets open looks and generally knocks them down. Another explosive dunker who is a great 2k player and it's ashame he too isn't in the more recent roster updates.

I finished 11-3 in my first season and wound up winning the NBA finals in 5 games on pro. I re-signed everybody and am 3-4 this season on superstar. They are all between 26-28 so I don't have to blow them up for younger SG's yet, but the time might be coming near. :(

$LakerGold
02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm with STUPID^

..... I'm unsubscribing, that's it! :facepalm

KG215
03-11-2013, 04:18 AM
A few weeks ago I decided to start an Association with the '96 Bulls. I put all the current Bulls players on the Bobcats and released all the current Bobcats players and made them free agents.

Anyway, I mainly simmed the regular season to get to the playoffs, but I did play all of the marquee games (Heat, Knicks, Thunder, Lakers, and Spurs). Had a few absurd games with Jordan like 52 points, 13 rebounds, 12 assists against the Knicks; 43 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds against the Heat; 38 points, 13 assists, 10 rebounds while holding Kobe to 21 points on something like 7/28 shooting; and a 64 point game against the Spurs.

Season averages for Jordan and Pippen:

Jordan: 35.5 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 5.4 APG, 2.7 SPG, 1.2 BPG, .538/.418/.841
Pippen: 20.9 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 5.9 APG, 1.7 SPG, 1.3 BPG, .506/.362/.712

Finished the regular season 70-12. The Heat and Thunder both finished 67-15. When I got to my first regular season game against the Heat, the Bulls were 27-3 and the Heat were 28-2 and had won 28 games in a row. The Thunder had a 24 game win streak at one point. My season high win streak was 23 games and I had another 18 or 19 game win streak. Anyway, I beat the Heat in a 122-117 shootout in the first game and split the other two games. I played some games in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs but mostly simmed so I could get to the ECF to play the Heat.

Just finished game 1 of the ECF and beat Miami 111-104.

Jordan: 54 pts, 9 reb, 7 ast, 2 stls, 1 blk, 23/38 FG, 7/8 FT
Pippen: 25 pts, 14 reb, 9 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk, 11/19 FG, 2/4 3P

Wade: 42 pts, 4 reb, 8 ast, 2 stl, 17/27 FG, 8/8 FT
LeBron: 25 pts, 11 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 10/18 FG, 3/5 FT

ballforlife97
04-07-2013, 06:46 AM
New to the forum!

Alright i came across this, and thought.. why not, ill share what i am currently working on in association.

I decided to start with the Magic. No trade over-ride on and i play on HOF. I have played assocation before and got bored easy, but this time was different. I traded for a set of nice players under the age of 22 who have potential and could possibly get alot better. I then cleared out all my big contracts and plan to get a star in the upcoming FA.

The trades went like this :

trades -

trade 2014 1st round pick for patty mills

trade arron afflalo and glen davis for harrison barnes and andrew bogut

trade jj reddick, nicholson for austin rivers, 2014 2nd round pick

trade harrison barnes, ishmael smith for kawhi leonard and gary neal

trade al harrington , 2014 2nd round pick, dequan jones for terrence ross and linas kleiza

trade patrick mills 2014 2nd round pick for jarred sullinger and 2013 2nd round pick

trade gary neal, 2013 2nd round pick for hasheem thabeet, 2013 2nd round pick

trade andris biedrins, linas kleiza, devin ebanks for carlos delfino and greg smith

trade josh mcroberts for 2014 second round pick

fire coach jacque vaughn and sign kurt hanson

trade carlos delfino for steve novak

trade kenyon martin for 2013 1st round pick and lamar odom

trade hedo turkoglu for daniel gibson and alonzo gee

trade alonzo gee, 2013 2nd round pick for 13 1st round pick and anthony morrow

So after all of this, my starting five looked like this:

Austin rivers PG (worked on his ball handling and passing)
Terrence ross SG
Kawhi Leonard Sf
Jarred Sullinger
Andrew Bogut (not young, but nice to have him as a defensive anchor)

I am looking to continute to develop Kawhi Leonard to be my franchse player, his RTG is already at 85 and im just at the end of the first season. I have a tonne of space and will look to unload Andrew bogut to get a young center who is about to become a free agent. Im thinking Demarcus Cousins.

I also gained Two first round picks for the next draft.

The biggest suprise to me was how well Hasheem Thabeet is playing after working on his game a bit, even at HOF! His RTG i at 65, but plays alot better then that!

What do you guys think i should do for the off season?

MtMutombo
04-27-2013, 06:25 AM
My rule w association is you have to turn on trade override and do trades for the computer. Otherwise you get the same teams ending up terrible and it makes for poor player storylines: i.e. Irving, Paul, Cousins, D-12 ALWAYS ending up journeymen on terrible teams.

Computer drafted a 1st overall and 2nd overall (conseq years) for my Mavs after Dirk left and team went to shit. Luck of the irish but I literally end up with two 99s.

My team is

Pg- Bledsoe, Goudelock, Felton
Sg - Fox ("Monte do it all")
Sf - MKG, Jeff Green
Pf - Fortson (my 2nd 99. Doesnt particularly affect game outcomes) Ryan Anderson
C - I've shuffled through so many. Fab Melo has been a consistent backup.

Bledsoe can have a loooong career. I like him. Goudelock is a great shooter. Felton is fat but you know he can do some stuff sometimes.

Fox just makes every shot he takes and can wham. On Superstar, I put up 75 with him in a game 7... 52 in the second half. Didnt even feel like cheating. He was just unstoppable. I've had Nick Young, John Jenkins, and Marcus Thorton randomly put up like 30-50 on me so I have no remorse for my hot shooting games.

MKG IS A BITCH. I hire this dude to be my Scottie Pip. He just cannot be relied on for anything. He is not in my scoring rotation.

Fortson. Computer has a strange way of creating players w high ratings that just dont really work as players. Fortson is a 99 ovr and is reliable and consistently almost-excellent but he's a 99.

Center. God damn. My cap space is so constantly near 0, staying w a center has been difficult. Had Nik Pek - he was just injured and got beat and did dumb things too often. Fab melo never could be more than a defensive sub. I hired a bad tyson chandler out of FA. he got TORN UP by Andre Drummond (W Irving on the Grizz) in a 5 game series I lost in the finals. Dropped his ass like a sack of hammers.

I do cheat moderately. Turn off when I lose to dumb teams or get swept first round of playoffs by an 8 seed. Won 3 champs in a row. 4th year, had best record BY FAR - 73-9 - but was in shambles in the playoffs. Went to a 7 game series w every seed. Got beat in 5 in finals. Bledsoe was out, MKG hurt, my center was hurt... was bad.

Maniak
05-11-2013, 11:59 PM
The year is 2020 and the Sacramento Kings have finally won an NBA championship.

Anthony Davis was the FMVP.

The only good players on the team were

C - Andre Drummond
PF - Anthony Davis
SF - Paul George
SG - Tyreke Evans
PG - Brandon Jennings

- Paul George was a 2x MVP and averaged a near triple double in one season
- George holds the assists record for kings with 23 in a game.
- For playoffs records for the Kings, Anthony Davis had 45pts in a game (17 FGM in another), Drummond had 30 rebounds in a game, Jennings had 17 assists in a game, 7 steals in another, and George had 9 TO's in a game.
- Kings had a 75-7 record one season (2018-19)

Kings have 13 division titles, 36 playoff appearances, 3 conference championships, and 2 nba championships in their history as of now.

Past champions since i began simulating:
12-13: Heat over lakers
13-14: Heat over thunder
14-15: Heat over nuggets
15-16: Heat over kings (sad)
16-17: Thunder over heat
17-18: Nuggets over Raptors
18-19: Heat over Thunder
19-20: Kings over Pistons (happy)

LeBron never left Miami and always won FMVP when they won.

CanYouDigIt
05-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Did an old school SAC Kings Association for one year. (including a created CWebb

Traded Hedo and Vlade Divac for Rudy Gay.

Ended up winning the NBA Championship vs. Chicago Bulls

Lebron got injured at the END of the regular season. Heat swept the Cavs in the 1st round.

Playing with the Kings was so much fun, I suggest playing as an old school team during association, I might play with the Shaq-Kobe Lakers next

CeltsGarlic
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibdb5kBFvKaAej.gif

Look how Jamal stole the ball from my celtics. Started association with fantasy draft.

Superstar level, 10 mins.

McGee (12 pts 7 rebs 2 blks)
Tim Thomas (7pts 7rebs 2 blks)
Korver (22ppg 49% 3pt)
Marcus Thornton (20 ppg 50% 3pt)
Rose (36ppg 15ast 4rbs 3st 65fg)

Camby, Selby, Carney, G.Green, Koufos, Bill Walker off the bench.

2 wins 3 losses.

CeltsGarlic
05-17-2013, 01:00 PM
The year is 2020 and the Sacramento Kings have finally won an NBA championship.

Anthony Davis was the FMVP.

The only good players on the team were

C - Andre Drummond
PF - Anthony Davis
SF - Paul George
SG - Tyreke Evans
PG - Brandon Jennings

- Paul George was a 2x MVP and averaged a near triple double in one season
- George holds the assists record for kings with 23 in a game.
- For playoffs records for the Kings, Anthony Davis had 45pts in a game (17 FGM in another), Drummond had 30 rebounds in a game, Jennings had 17 assists in a game, 7 steals in another, and George had 9 TO's in a game.
- Kings had a 75-7 record one season (2018-19)

Kings have 13 division titles, 36 playoff appearances, 3 conference championships, and 2 nba championships in their history as of now.

Past champions since i began simulating:
12-13: Heat over lakers
13-14: Heat over thunder
14-15: Heat over nuggets
15-16: Heat over kings (sad)
16-17: Thunder over heat
17-18: Nuggets over Raptors
18-19: Heat over Thunder
19-20: Kings over Pistons (happy)

LeBron never left Miami and always won FMVP when they won.

You played all the games?
Cause I wonder how did you got 30 rebs in a game :eek:

Maniak
05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
:oldlol: i didn't play any of the games. thats so many seasons. all simulated.

CeltsGarlic
05-17-2013, 02:20 PM
:oldlol: i didn't play any of the games. thats so many seasons. all simulated.

Ok. Good to know :lol

Johnny Jones
05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
So I'm playing as the Pels.

Drafted KCP and Jeff Withey my first year. Tanked for Wiggins in the 2nd year.

My current starting lineup:
PG: Austin Rivers
SG: KCP
SF: Wiggins
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Jeff Withey

We have won 2 straight championships. Shit is too easy.

waseem780
06-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I remember in 2k12 the rating's of players who were good in their prime but now are sh*t like Baron Davis,Tmac,Ben wallace etc were very high is it still like that?

Chizdog
06-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Ricky Rubio is a must have on your team, if you plan on playing games. Best passer with a good potential.

Maniak
06-09-2013, 04:30 PM
I remember in 2k12 the rating's of players who were good in their prime but now are sh*t like Baron Davis,Tmac,Ben wallace etc were very high is it still like that?
according to 2k aaron brooks is better than jeremy lin

chips93
04-04-2015, 01:26 AM
I drafted a center 3rd overall but I already had bogut, so the rookie had to come off the bench. After a year his morale decreased all the way to zero. I planned on trading away bogut once the rookie developed enough.

But even though he's getting plenty of minutes, and I've changed his role to starter his morale is still staying at zero.

Do you guys know if a players morale can ever bounce back once it's hit rock bottom?

RightTwoCensor
04-04-2015, 10:41 AM
It can't, you have to trade him.

RightToCensor
04-04-2015, 10:31 PM
-I user three teams during a season, much more fun.
-I've adjusted all the players' overalls to reflect how they've progressed in real time.
-I have three real Draft Classes. 2013 and 2014 are accurate to the T.
-I've adjusted my sliders
-I'm on the 2014-2015 season with Houston, San Antonio, and Miami

General Info
-Miami won in 2013 and 2014 to three-peat.
-James Harden won the 2015 MVP
-Jabari Parker (LAL) won the 2015 Rookie of the Year
-Anthony Davis won the 2015 Defensive Player of the Year
-Ray McCollum (LAL) won the 2015 Most Improved Player of the Year
-A Western Conference Player on the Sixth Man of the Year Award, forgot who
-Kevin McHale (won 60+ games) won the 2015 Coach of the Year
-Carmelo Anthony did something I've never seen and that's take a paycut
-The Brooklyn Nets look like D-Will/Joe/Melo/Diaw/Lopez/MCW/Mozgov/Wallace/C. Butler/...
-I decided not to trade Rudy Gay to Sac Town like in real life because they drafted Wiggins.
-Cleveland drafted Embiid and got to the 7th seed.
-Derrick Rose, Paul George, and Taj Gibson (TOR) all were injured in the playoffs
-Lance is still with Indiana
-McRoberts (CHA) was an All-Star in 2013, but has been horrible as a reserve in DAL.

Houston Rockets:

Jeremy Lin / Patrick Beverley / James Harden
James Harden / Jeremy Lin / Chandler Parsons / Cleanthony Early
Chandler Parsons / James Harden / Cleanthony Early / Draymond Green
Donatas Motiejunas / Terrence Jones / Draymond Green / Channing Frye
Dwight Howard / Donatas Motiejunas / Terrence Jones / Kenyon Martin

-Kept the team user'd since the first season.
-I'm playing full Morey-ball, threes and layups.
-Drafted Ben McLemore (2013, traded away because of inconsistency) and Cleanthony Early in (2014)
-Early plays like how Brewer plays in real life for the Rockets.
-Kept Lin and Parsons. Signed Dwight to the max.
-Harden got injured in the 2014 Playoffs, we lost to Utah (Gallo/Gordon/Milsap/Al)
-Motiejunas improved to an 80 overall and Jones is in the mid 70s.
-I traded for Draymond Green (nowhere as good as he is in real)
-Lin has had trouble all season (2014-2015) with staying healthy.
-Harden averaged 27/6 in 2015.
-We backdoor swept DAL, who had Ellis out for the series.
-We're down 3-2 against Oklahoma City in the WCF.

San Antonio Spurs:

Tony Parker / Aaron Brooks / Corey Joesph / Manu Ginobili
OJ Mayo (out for season) / Danny Green / Manu Ginobili
Kawhi Leonard / Danny Green / Mirza Teletovic
Nene / Chris Singleton / Mirza Teletovic
Tim Duncan / some drafted center

-I user'd the Spurs because I noticed how bad they were doing 25% into the season.
-The CPU traded for Nene before I got them.
-They lost their newly acquired free agent OJ Mayo early in the season.
-I signed Aaron Brooks near the trade deadline hoping his offense would improve us.
-We never really recovered from the bad start and ended up missing the playoffs.

Miami Heat:

Mario Chalmers / Norris Cole / Steve Blake
Dwyane Wade / Randy Foye (out for season) / Mario Chalmers / Rasual Butler
Lebron James / Shane Battier / Rasual Butler / Marvin Williams
Shane Battier / Chris Bosh / Marvin Williams
Chris Bosh / Alex Len

-Same reason I user'd the Spurs, I user'd the Heat.
-They had horrible depth before I started to make trades and signings.
-I traded Haslem and somebody else for Foye and Williams from Utah.
-Williams ended up starting for us in the RS because we needed that shooting.
-I signed Battier, Butler, and Blake from Free Agency midseason.
-I traded Shawn Marion (HORRIBLE fit) for Alex Len just for the size.
-We went on a run toward the end of the season and finished with the 4th seed.
-We swept the New York Knicks (All-Star Jimmer Ferdette, Shump, J.R.)
-Lebron averaged 40/10/5 the series and Len played so fell he forced me to start him.
-Len is playing like what Mozgov is playing in real life.
-They are currently up 3-2 to the stacked Brooklyn Nets.

RightToCensor
04-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Just got done with the 2014-2015 season.

-Houston lost vs. Oklahoma City 4 games to 1.
-Miami beat Brooklyn 4 games to 2.
-Miami beat OKC 5 games to 1. Completing the first FOUR-Peat since the Bill Russell Celtics
-Lebron put up an All-Time great performance throughout the playoffs highlighted by a 55 point/15 rebound game.
-He averaged 30/10/5 in the playoffs on 50% from the field, 40% from 3. and 70% from the FT Line.

OFFSEASON
-My 2015 draft class in incomplete, I have the Top 4 + generated players I've slightly edited.
-Russell was drafted #1 to DET
-Okafor was drafted #3 to play alongside Marc Gasol
-Towns was drafted #4 to SAC to play alongside Kentucky alum Demarcus Cousins
-Mudiay slipped to #14 and was taken by Houston (pick originally belonged to San Antonio)

Houston Rockets:
-Kept the same staff
-We let Jeremy Lin walk after we drafted Mudiay.
-We picked up the team option on D-Mo, Jones, and Early.
-We signed Ronnie Brewer for wing defense that we lacked when guarding Durant
-We re-signed Channing Frye for his shooting.

Miami Heat:
-Re-signed the old coaching staff
-Re-signed Lebron James for the max
-Wade and Bosh accepted their player options
-Offered the Qualifying Offer to Alex Len (accepted)
-Signed Corey Brewer
-Signed Timothy Mozgov
-Signed Luis Scola
-Signed Steve Novak and Matt Bonner to fill the roster with shooters
-I'm gonna start Bosh and Len this coming season

San Antonio Spurs:
-Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich retired :(
-We signed Terry Stotts as an Assistant Coach
-We signed Dwayne Casey on a 1-year deal until we free space to sign someone better
-Tony Parker wanted to Test FA, so I let him walk
-We had no good picks or assets so I decided to build through Free Agency
-I traded Nene on draft day for the Hawks 2016 1st and a throwaway player
-Signed Nikola Vucevic to the absolute max
-Signed Derrick Favors
-Signed Jimmer Ferdette (All-Star last season w/ NYK)
-Re-signed Danny Green

Around the League:
-John Wall signed with Sacramento to play with Boogie, Towns, and Wiggins.
-Goran Dragic also re-signed with Sacramento
-Chris Paul left the Clippers to sign with Philadelphia
-Kobe Bryant left LA to sign with Phoenix, but that fit made no sense so I forced him to PHI w/ Paul.
-Ed Davis signed with Boston after Kevin Garnett retired
-Wesley Matthews signed with Memphis to play with Mike Conley, Okafor, and Gasol.
-Jeremy Lin signed with Orlando.
-Tony Parker signed as a 6th Man to play in Portland behind Lillard.