PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k13 - Quick & Easy VC

Walker
10-07-2012, 04:03 AM
Play a key game in My Career, make sure to play really well. Save seconds before the game ends and exit, load up, finish the game. The VC gain will save to the server just before the press conference. When the conference starts hard exit the game.
Boom you have the VC and are still saved with seconds left in the game. Just keep loading and exiting at the conference for as much quick and easy VC as you want.

Cherry Picker
10-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Trying this now
EDIT:Works nicely
Deffo the quickest way to get VC
7.5 k in half an hour

d.bball.guy
10-07-2012, 07:18 PM
:applause: It works for me. I just hope it doesn't cause any file corruptions or whatever.

outbreak
10-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Does this only work with an online mycareer?

d.bball.guy
10-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Does this only work with an online mycareer?
I think so because it saves the VC in the 2K server.

outbreak
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I think so because it saves the VC in the 2K server.
Thanks I'll have to try it when i get home tonight.

CarlosBoozer
10-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry to sound like a retard, but what do you mean by hard exit? As in turn off the Xbox or exit to dashboard?

IGotACoolStory
10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Sorry to sound like a retard, but what do you mean by hard exit? As in turn off the Xbox or exit to dashboard?

Dashboard works.

Walker
10-08-2012, 02:58 AM
2k make me giggle sometimes.
When they release a buggy game they take months to fix but in the 24hrs I've plastered this across the internet they've leaped into action.
28 day ban from their forum, threads in other gaming forums mysteriously dissapearing and getting locked, even on a site like Gamefaqs where these sort of discoveries are praised.
Luckily Jeff couldn't care less about what is posted here, doubt they'll get to remove it from ISH :roll:

CarlosBoozer
10-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Dashboard works.
Thanks man :cheers:

GOBB
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Does it matter if u play on pro or HOF as fee as how much bc you earn?

IGotACoolStory
10-08-2012, 03:36 PM
From OS: Apparently if you do it with the Rookie Showcase, you get at least 400 a game. It won't say so on the screen, but I guess you get like a 300 bonus for playing that game.

Tried it and I'm getting 431 every time. Which is higher than anything I've gotten from a key game.

Same drill. Play the game to the best of your abilities, save it seconds before the end of the game, and this time quit when you are doing your first interview for a team.

idk about the difficulty gobb.

GOBB
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
From OS: Apparently if you do it with the Rookie Showcase, you get at least 400 a game. It won't say so on the screen, but I guess you get like a 300 bonus for playing that game.

Tried it and I'm getting 431 every time. Which is higher than anything I've gotten from a key game.

Same drill. Play the game to the best of your abilities, save it seconds before the end of the game, and this time quit when you are doing your first interview for a team.

idk about the difficulty gobb.

Interesting. 431 a pop is good vc.

EnoughSaid
10-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Can someone please explain this step by step. I'm not sure when to quit or whatever. Thanks!

GOBB
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Can someone please explain this step by step. I'm not sure when to quit or whatever. Thanks!

What are you slow?

You play a KEY game and have a great game. Great game means high teammate grade and really good stats. This will determine how much vc you get at the end. So as you play this game, with like 10 seconds left press pause, save game and exit out. Load game back up, finish the 10 seconds and wait for the press conference. Dashboard, load up game and rinse/repeat. Play final 10 seconds, wait for press conference dashboard.

outbreak
10-08-2012, 11:51 PM
It works. I haven't done it at the rooke game though I did it with my first game and was getting 250 each game. Dunno if it's worth it considering it's only like 200 microsoft points for 10k vc.

IGotACoolStory
10-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Whelp, you don't need to stare at the screen while you do this.

I'm on my computer doing the normal shit I would be doing while I have the controller against my stomach in one hand pressing buttons when I need to. The pace slows down a little, but after awhile it's like driving to work -- you don't even notice you are doing it and suddenly you are there. When I need a break I just throw on a coach mode game.

I've been collecting and then adding to my guy every 10k-ish (so about every 45-60 minutes). Finally got my rookie to a respectable 74 overall. I did the math and I need 11,490 more VC to get where I want to be in terms of attributes. That's 11,490 total for the rest of my career. After that, I don't really care much to make a super player.

Although still have to buy those skills. I just read through all of them and the only one I really want is the one where you improve your shot making on contacted layups and dunks. I want to purchase level one of that and then I'll finally start playing with my rook.

Also animations. I already bought what I wanted in that except for dunk packages. Then I guess the miscellaneous crap like a suit.

Oh, another risky way of getting VC is buying the gold pack for My Team in the market. It costs 1500, but you could potentially get a player worth 10 or 15k+. Then you resell that guy and you made out big.

Of course if you're unlucky like me, you will get crap not even worth what you spent. I bought two packs equalling 3k VC. The total value of what I received back was about 500.

GOBB
10-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Wait getting all this vc can you use it in Mycareer and buy abilities, attributes and what have you? I have 7,563 so I'm guessing you use this throughout game modes?

I'm not buying vc, dont care its only 200 Microsoft points. Ripoff.

nightprowler10
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
You can buy that **** for actual money?! Haha, wow 2K.

Rake2204
10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Wait getting all this vc can you use it in Mycareer and buy abilities, attributes and what have you? I have 7,563 so I'm guessing you use this throughout game modes?

I'm not buying vc, dont care its only 200 Microsoft points. Ripoff.Yes, the VC is for everything. Random outfits for the weird dancing "MyPlayer" in the main menu of the game, packs of players for the MyTeam mode, and attributes, signature skills, etc. for your player in MyCareer.

Interestingly, I've found playing exhibition games yields more VC coins than playing MyCareer itself. For a normal game in MyCareer, it seems I'm snagging anywhere between 38 and 158 VC per contest. Meanwhile, playing an exhibition game (9 minute quarters) yields 460 VC coins. So strangely, the best way to improve my MyPlayer at this point seems to be by not playing MyPlayer.

Also, agreed on the ripoff. I'll personally never be dropping any real life cash on video game coins. And quick note, be careful when looking at the "MyPlayer" jewelry. Someone told me they can only be bought with real money, so I went to inspect the item to prove the ridiculousness to my brothers. Without any sort of price given or confirmation, clicking on the watch brought about a "Purchasing" pop-up. I frantically shut the game off in distress. Thankfully, the purchase didn't take.

d.bball.guy
10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Woah wtf it's not working anymore? I was able to use it 1 time but can't do it anymore. Sigh..I guess I'm back to playing blacktop mode

IGotACoolStory
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Woah wtf it's not working anymore? I was able to use it 1 time but can't do it anymore. Sigh..I guess I'm back to playing blacktop mode

They patched it...

Of course it takes forever to get a decent roster or to stabilize online play, but a glitch that takes helps us keep the money they are stealing from us... 24 hours later and it's patched.

Walker
10-11-2012, 11:05 PM
They patched it...

Of course it takes forever to get a decent roster or to stabilize online play, but a glitch that takes helps us keep the money they are stealing from us... 24 hours later and it's patched.
Fortunately however 2k are morons and took everything I said literally.
They only patched it for key games :roll:
Can still do it in any other game of the season.

d.bball.guy
10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Fortunately however 2k are morons and took everything I said literally.
They only patched it for key games :roll:
Can still do it in any other game of the season.
:lol at least you can still get around 100-200 if you play good.

GOBB
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes, the VC is for everything. Random outfits for the weird dancing "MyPlayer" in the main menu of the game, packs of players for the MyTeam mode, and attributes, signature skills, etc. for your player in MyCareer.

Interestingly, I've found playing exhibition games yields more VC coins than playing MyCareer itself. For a normal game in MyCareer, it seems I'm snagging anywhere between 38 and 158 VC per contest. Meanwhile, playing an exhibition game (9 minute quarters) yields 460 VC coins. So strangely, the best way to improve my MyPlayer at this point seems to be by not playing MyPlayer.

Also, agreed on the ripoff. I'll personally never be dropping any real life cash on video game coins. And quick note, be careful when looking at the "MyPlayer" jewelry. Someone told me they can only be bought with real money, so I went to inspect the item to prove the ridiculousness to my brothers. Without any sort of price given or confirmation, clicking on the watch brought about a "Purchasing" pop-up. I frantically shut the game off in distress. Thankfully, the purchase didn't take.

460 just by completing an exhibition game? Wow, seems like that might be the way to go then. I wonder if adjusting slides, nba rules affects the 460 tho. I completed the rookie showcase. Havent touched any attributes, practices or anything. Pretty much a raw myplayer at this point. Yet I have over 10,000 vc. So I can simply improve my player without having done anything. Strange indeed.

GOBB
10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
You're right 460 on 9mins. Wonder if thats for 12mins as well. I put it on Rookie 5mins and got 260. Exhibtion you can make good vc. You can affect the rules and it doesnt affect vc either. I messed with it.

d.bball.guy
10-13-2012, 01:58 AM
I think I started with 15K VC today and currently with 20K :lol

IGotACoolStory
10-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I don't know if anyone has used the app for android or iphone, but it's really easy to collect points.

Do the the signature mini game, draw a smile at the bottom (you know... a sidewards parenthesis ")" ) as your sig since you need to mimic it again. It takes me 15 seconds to get 50 VC.

Or the trivia one is rather easy if you know your shit. That lasts maybe 10-15 seconds as well. 50 vc if you get 5 out of 5.

GOBB
10-16-2012, 07:50 PM
I think I started with 15K VC today and currently with 20K :lol

The sun called, it said it misses seeing you. How bout you give it a look tomorrow?

d.bball.guy
10-16-2012, 10:11 PM
The sun called, it said it misses seeing you. How bout you give it a look tomorrow?
I had to go to school so the sun got the best of me smh. It won't see me on weekends, though.

IGotACoolStory
10-28-2012, 05:14 PM
You know the key game save is giving VC again? Just tried and it worked for me.

A clean 500 exactly every 2-3 minutes. :rockon:

IGotACoolStory
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Even better. Have 6 key games this month so my next one I decided to go with 12 minute quarters...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/nakedmoose/20121030_155721.jpg

And I didn't even have that good of a game. Shot like 50% from the field and had 7 turnovers because I kept sprinting into the other team (damn that animation). Only an A grade.

Too easy to get VC now.

I would think if someone went straight up ball hog mode on 12 minute quarters, they would get much more than that. I had a low 400 vc normal game on 7 minute quarters when my guy dropped 55. So take the extra 20 minutes and you do the math. Plus I missed a dynamic goal.. Don't even remember it.

Assassin85
10-31-2012, 02:39 PM
What difficulty did u have it set to?

Magic bird
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
:applause: works well, made some backups in case tho