PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis Using Steroids??

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/anthony_davis.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/639/765/hi-res-150566455_display_image.jpg?1349130195

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1004/nba_u_davis11sc_288v.jpg

Kid put on muscle in what 3-4 months like this? This is a guy who's said he has trouble bulking up and he's bulking up faster than Dwight Howard did.

red1
10-07-2012, 02:08 PM
it's the camera angle homie, he still looks pretty slim

Dictator
10-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks the same to me.

fsvr54
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

QuebecBaller
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Are you afraid that Flop Griffin will get destroyed by Davis?

christian1923
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
This has gotta be the most ridiculous accusation I've ever seen :lol

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Question mark in title. Meaning I'm wondering what you guys think and it's just a possibility/suspicion not an accusation.

shallehalle
10-07-2012, 02:28 PM
he has dwight howard shoulder potential, he is skinny but shoulders wide as hell

SourGrapes
10-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Question mark in title. Meaning I'm wondering what you guys think and it's just a possibility/suspicion not an accusation.

Clippersfan86 the most uninteresting, transparent poster on ISH? Question mark means it's not an accusation, just a possibility/suspicion

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Not really, lots of professional athletes in every sport have used roids or HGH at some point.

alwaysunny
10-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Unlike guys like Durant he desperately needs to bulk up for his position. Doubtful but using HGH wouldnt surprise me.

abuC
10-07-2012, 02:58 PM
It's the angle, he looks like a twig out on the court against the Magic.

senelcoolidge
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
When a guy bulks up really fast that's very suspect. I've seen it at my job place. One guy was skinny and tall..next time I see him he's big and muscular...now he's skinny again..I think he got off the juice. Another guy I knew as big and muscular..he got off and ballooned. So whenever a guy bulks up really fast it's highly suspect.

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2012, 03:07 PM
When a guy bulks up really fast that's very suspect. I've seen it at my job place. One guy was skinny and tall..next time I see him he's big and muscular...now he's skinny again..I think he got off the juice. Another guy I knew as big and muscular..he got off and ballooned. So whenever a guy bulks up really fast it's highly suspect.
Not to mention that steroid cycles typically only last 3 months. That leaves plenty of time to do it over the off season and before they get tested (I'm assuming they don't get tested during the off season).

tmacattack33
10-07-2012, 03:35 PM
He looks very cut, he doesn't look ridiculousy big though.

Maybe it'd be a better question to ask if he's using ephedrine or something...and i don't even know if that's against the rules.

CavaliersFTW
10-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Whatever steroids he's potentially using they aren't nearly as powerfull as the ones Blake Griffin was reported to have used after his injury

LoneyROY7
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
ROFL at this thread.

Steroids? You have to be f***ing kidding me.

senelcoolidge
10-07-2012, 03:40 PM
If you guys are watching the heat game..look at lebron..that's what happens when you get off steroids. He's fat. It's bizarre to see him that big (fat). Am sure he'll play himself into shape, but he usually comes into the season in shape.

MaxFly
10-07-2012, 03:46 PM

This is largely recognized as a Fox News tactic. Examples:

"Terrorist Fist Bump?"

"President Obama a Muslim?"

"Doctored Birth Certificate?"

It not so surreptitiously introduces an accusation in the form of a question and gets people talking about the possibilities of something that would otherwise be dismissed. Some people will view it as an accusation that may have some credence, some will view it as a question that deserves discussion, and the rest of us will view it as a charge with a question mark at the end meant to make it look like an actual discussion point.

This is no attack on you... this is just how discourse has evolved over the last 20 years.

Clippersfan86
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
This is largely recognized as a Fox News tactic. Examples:

"Terrorist Fist Bump?"

"President Obama a Muslim?"

"Doctored Birth Certificate?"

It not so surreptitiously introduces an accusation in the form of a question and gets people talking about the possibilities of something that would otherwise be dismissed. Some people will view it as an accusation that may have some credence, some will view it as a question that deserves discussion, and the rest of us will view it as a charge with a question mark at the end meant to make it look like an actual discussion point.

This is no attack on you... this is just how discourse has evolved over the last 20 years.

Fair enough I should have worded it in a better way to portray what I meant. I suspect some kind of performance enhancements... but should have included other possibilities rather than roids. I guess I naturally am controversial :confusedshrug:

senelcoolidge
10-07-2012, 04:00 PM
In this conversation HGH, horse pills, etc all fall under the term steroids. No one is being specific. They are just saying that he's using something to help him. It's not natural.

inclinerator
10-07-2012, 04:01 PM
all athletes are on performance enhancers

coin24
10-07-2012, 04:19 PM
all athletes are on performance enhancers

This. They're professional athletes..
How stupid and naive are people on here that believe otherwise?:oldlol:

coin24
10-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Also, somebody ban CF86 from making a thread every time he has a fkn thought:lol
Stick to clipper game threads champ:cheers:

RedBlackAttack
10-07-2012, 04:21 PM
He looks very cut, he doesn't look ridiculousy big though.

Maybe it'd be a better question to ask if he's using ephedrine or something...and i don't even know if that's against the rules.
There are steroids that specifically target definition. It isn't like steroids only make you look like Bob Sapp.

I have no reason to believe Anthony Davis is using anything against the rules, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that HGH is common practice in the NBA. Some guys (not point fingers) have that look and they would be very difficult to detect.

kurt_rambis
10-07-2012, 04:30 PM
There are steroids that specifically target definition. It isn't like steroids only make you look like Bob Sapp.

I have no reason to believe Anthony Davis is using anything against the rules, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that HGH is common practice in the NBA. Some guys (not point fingers) have that look and they would be very difficult to detect.
there's nobody in the nba that's freakishly ripped or freakishly massive. just because someone isn't a stick figure doesn't mean they're on ped's

i'd be shocked if davis was taking anything. he's 19 years old for christ's sake, it's pretty easy to put on muscle at that age

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
there's nobody in the nba that's freakishly ripped or freakishly massive. just because someone isn't a stick figure doesn't mean they're on ped's

i'd be shocked if davis was taking anything. he's 19 years old for christ's sake, it's pretty easy to put on muscle at that age
That has absolutely nothing to do with using roids. To get freakishly ripped and massive on roids, you have to have an impeccable diet along with training in the gym everyday for months while you are on your cycle (not to mention you would have to do multiple cycles).

The notion that if people use roids they will end up massive and ripped very easily is incredibly flawed. Also, "freakishly ripped" is 100% a body fat issue. It doesn't matter how much muscle you have, if you have a higher body fat percentage you wont look ripped at all. That's why powerlifters all look like fat asses when in reality they are stronger then nearly anyone on earth.

Going on a typically 3 month cycle in the off season could net you results that would take years doing it the natural way and it wouldn't make you "freakishly ripped or freakishly massive"

coin24
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Hgh won't make you freakishly big or ripped by itself:facepalm :facepalm
Bodybuilders use it stacked with insulin, test, and various other compounds for mass building..
By itself it's great for recovery.. Not everything under the term steroids means its for putting on huge size:facepalm

Anyone that looks at Davis and thinks "roids" is a fu*king moron. For starters he'll be on a new diet, training all the time and has new professional trainers.
And at 19 it's not hard to put on muscle if all those things are in check..
pretty obvious some people on here have never trained a day in there lives...

chips93
10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Not to mention that steroid cycles typically only last 3 months. That leaves plenty of time to do it over the off season and before they get tested (I'm assuming they don't get tested during the off season).

they do

What? point some fingers, whats the harm?

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2012, 04:52 PM
they do

What? point some fingers, whats the harm?
Interesting, do you know how much/when they do?

chips93
10-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Interesting, do you know how much/when they do?

nope

i just heard a podcast with blake griffin, and the host asked him about drug testing, and he said its a couple teams during the year, and during the off-season.

which is kinda weird to me. plenty of nba players obviously smoke weed, and they test for it, but next to none get caught with a positive test.

QuebecBaller
10-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Unlike guys like Durant he desperately needs to bulk up for his position. Doubtful but using HGH wouldnt surprise me.

Davis just used EGH (Eyebrow Growth Hormone) :lol

kurt_rambis
10-07-2012, 05:06 PM
That has absolutely nothing to do with using roids. To get freakishly ripped and massive on roids, you have to have an impeccable diet along with training in the gym everyday for months while you are on your cycle (not to mention you would have to do multiple cycles).

The notion that if people use roids they will end up massive and ripped very easily is incredibly flawed. Also, "freakishly ripped" is 100% a body fat issue. It doesn't matter how much muscle you have, if you have a higher body fat percentage you wont look ripped at all. That's why powerlifters all look like fat asses when in reality they are stronger then nearly anyone on earth.

Going on a typically 3 month cycle in the off season could net you results that would take years doing it the natural way and it wouldn't make you "freakishly ripped or freakishly massive"

well then this whole thread is moot because the only 'evidence' we have that anthony davis (or anyone for that matter) is taking some kind of ped is that he looks more muscular compared to when we last saw him

it's one thing to hint at steroid abuse in athletes if they've put on a lot of muscle over a short period time, but it's really lame to just say "everybody takes them it's obvious", especially when there's no compelling reason to suspect any basketball player. it's not like in baseball when homerun records were being annihilated every other year

outbreak
10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
There was some articles floating around here about a year ago with people commenting on NBA's drug policies. From what I recall it's one of the worst enforced policies in U.S sports and steroids are common. The argument was that they don't help basketball players because they prefer to be lean and not bulky which is complete B.S anyone who knows anything about steroids knows there is many different types which would help out basketballers ALOT. The testing cycle in the NBA lets players get away with it if they know what their doing properly.
Davis doesn't look much different anyway, add in the fact he now has a properly diet and NO RESTRICTIONS on how many hours he can work out and I'm sure it's natural for him to grow abit at his age.

SpecialQue
10-07-2012, 05:13 PM
By the way, there's no game thread, but the Magic/Hornets game right now is pretty crazy. The Hornets are playing sloppier than a hooker's cootch, but somehow they might win.

LT Ice Cream
10-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Not saying that he doesn't use steroids . . . I don't know for sure. But its really not that hard to put on muscle quickly when you're 19 and you got NBA trainers helping you out. Nothing seems suspicious to me.

LAClipsFan33
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
For all of you thinking that you have to be ripped to be a heavy steroid user...

Exhibit A

http://yourkillinmesmalls.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/manny-ramirez-drugs-suspended.jpg

LJJ
10-07-2012, 06:20 PM
This is actually a pretty normal, athletic physique for a young adult:

http://i.imgur.com/heAkJ.jpg

THIS is someone on roids:
http://i.imgur.com/Wv66R.jpg

mentallooser
10-07-2012, 06:21 PM
I can't imagine too many people at the top of any sport don't use roids.

rknine15
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Not saying that he doesn't use steroids . . . I don't know for sure. But its really not that hard to put on muscle quickly when you're 19 and you got NBA trainers helping you out. Nothing seems suspicious to me.
Thank You

:facepalm dunno if your serious

zizozain
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
OP
kill yourself maggot

Ikill
10-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Im not surprised he was able to get bigger quickly you could just see by his frame he wasn't going to have trouble adding weight.

TheCorporation
10-07-2012, 08:47 PM
http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/HardyFebJuly2011.jpg

DStebb716
10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
he looks exactly the same in both pictures...

DStebb716
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/HardyFebJuly2011.jpg

5 months is A LOT of time if you're going to make millions and millions of dollars just to get in the workout room everyday for a movie.

abuC
10-07-2012, 09:27 PM
5 months is A LOT of time if you're going to make millions and millions of dollars just to get in the workout room everyday for a movie.

5 months isn't enough time to have your traps go from this -

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6n2bcKARC1qzi5sno1_1280.jpg

To this -
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6n2bcKARC1qzi5sno2_1280.jpg

That is not natural, not even close. You'd be lucky to see that kind of trap growth after a year and a half if you're natural, let alone 5 months. Money is not the issue, it's the time needed to recover and hit them again, without roids I don't see anyone making that big of a jump in such a short period of time.

maybeshewill13
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
**** thread is **** :facepalm

Euroleague
10-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Almost every player in the NBA uses steroids. This thread is a joke.

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2012, 10:13 PM
5 months actually isn't a lot of time when it comes to building muscle naturally.

D.J.
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Clippersfan with another ridiculous thread. I guess he feels threatened his boy Griffin has competition. Anyway, one major sign of steroid use is unusual growth in the neck. Davis' neck is in proportion with the rest of the body.

DStebb716
10-07-2012, 10:35 PM
people vastly underestimate the power of supplements NOT including steroids these days. i watched my brother, in three months of army training with proteins and other legal supplements, bulk up like i've never seen anybody do before.

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2012, 10:44 PM
people vastly underestimate the power of supplements NOT including steroids these days. i watched my brother, in three months of army training with proteins and other legal supplements, bulk up like i've never seen anybody do before.
Bulking up is easy and often times people mistake it as "adding 30 pounds of muscle" over the course of a short time like summer. There's always exceptions to the rule though.

DStebb716
10-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Bulking up is easy and often times people mistake it as "adding 30 pounds of muscle" over the course of a short time like summer. There's always exceptions to the rule though.

yea, i just like giving people the benefit of the doubt. it looks like hardy has a decent amount of muscle base to start with, so he could be one of those people who hardly needs to work for muscle.

he could have used steroids, but i'll just hope he didn't. but does it really matter? i guess not.

RedBlackAttack
10-07-2012, 11:03 PM

You clearly didn't read the entirety of the post you quoted and you also clearly don't know much about PEDs.

This guy was on steroids...

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6369/p1rpalmeiro.jpg

Mach_3
10-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Its the camera angle, him standing turned slightly to the right makes him appear larger than he is in the first pic looking head on. Still skinny as a mofo :lol

DStebb716
10-07-2012, 11:09 PM
You clearly didn't read the entirety of the post you quoted and you also clearly don't know much about PEDs.

This guys was on steroids...

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6369/p1rpalmeiro.jpg

steroids in basketball and steroids in baseball would be a big difference, tho. in basketball you'd never to bulk up quite a bit to make any difference. in baseball, you only need a little extra bat speed to make a HUGE difference.

RedBlackAttack
10-07-2012, 11:11 PM
steroids in basketball and steroids in baseball would be a big difference, tho. in basketball you'd never to bulk up quite a bit to make any difference. in baseball, you only need a little extra bat speed to make a HUGE difference.
PEDs would be of most use in a sport so reliant on conditioning as basketball in making your muscles recover really quickly, not necessarily turning you into some kind of ripped up Shaq looking player.

The benefits of PEDs extend way beyond that. With an 82-game season and long playoff series, muscle recovery would be an absolutely huge advantage.

KDthunderup
10-07-2012, 11:16 PM
He still natty

ralph_i_el
10-07-2012, 11:45 PM
why would you even think he's on roids? He's skinny as ****

obviously with shoulders like that he's gonna fill out and get huge.

ralph_i_el
10-07-2012, 11:58 PM
PEDs would be of most use in a sport so reliant on conditioning as basketball in making your muscles recover really quickly, not necessarily turning you into some kind of ripped up Shaq looking player.

The benefits of PEDs extend way beyond that. With an 82-game season and long playoff series, muscle recovery would be an absolutely huge advantage.

^this is true though.

anabolic steroids aide muscle regrowth so you can work harder and longer and recover from injuries faster.

The real question is why we DON'T want everyone on steroids? :confusedshrug:

dgaras
10-08-2012, 12:43 AM
This is actually a pretty normal, athletic physique for a young adult:

after seeing your picture on the post ur picture thread i can see why ud think that.

senelcoolidge
10-08-2012, 04:33 AM
http://www.eworldpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/image-101.jpg