PDA

View Full Version : How much current WWE wrestlers are making

goldenryan
10-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Some are making more than I thought they would be. But still far less than other professional athletes.

[QUOTE]these figures are rounded up from the original figures we received. These figures do not include, PPV or appearance bonuses, nor do they include the merchandise cut that each performer receives. Some performers receive an additional percentage added to their merchandise cut, if they are a high merchandise seller, and these are noted.

Note 1: It would appear that WWE

LexiKhan
10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
It sucks to be a diva I see.

goldenryan
10-07-2012, 03:58 PM
It sucks to be a diva I see.
Yeah $80,000 seems like alot but not when you have travel expenses and the medical bills that come with being a wrestler. I've heard some of the TNA knockouts still work at hooters and other waitressing jobs. We had a poster here that was neighbors with one.

nathanjizzle
10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
those girls need to unionize

bigkingsfan
10-07-2012, 04:52 PM
those girls need to unionize
Is that another word for sucking *****?

LexiKhan
10-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah $80,000 seems like alot but not when you have travel expenses and the medical bills that come with being a wrestler. I've heard some of the TNA knockouts still work at hooters and other waitressing jobs. We had a poster here that was neighbors with one.

They don't even pay their wrestler's medical bills?

And what determines all these pay discrepancies (some make millions, others like 60,000)? I'll assume it's popularity since I've only watched WWE (at the time WWF) when I was a little kid and don't know any new wrestlers besides the top ones. But since a wrestler becames popular by winning and they don't control the results of their matches how does that work out? Backstage politics must be crazy in that organization.

iamgine
10-07-2012, 09:41 PM
And what determines all these pay discrepancies (some make millions, others like 60,000)? I'll assume it's popularity since I've only watched WWE (at the time WWF) when I was a little kid and don't know any new wrestlers besides the top ones. But since a wrestler becames popular by winning and they don't control the results of their matches how does that work out? Backstage politics must be crazy in that organization.
The same way they determine actor's.

AK47DR91
10-07-2012, 10:03 PM
They don't even pay their wrestler's medical bills?

Nah, it's the other way around. Most wrestlers win after becoming popular. They become popular through gimmicks, feuds or backstage politics. Or sometimes they just have "the WWE look."

Examples:
Popular route- John Cena(rap gimmick got him popular), CM Punk and Danel Bryan(both have huge indie wrestling scene following), Undertaker and Kane(their gimmicks),

Backstage route: Sheamus(Triple H's workout buddy), Orton(third generation wrestler),

BMOGEFan
10-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Christian is really screwed over.

I remember the ppv right before he left for TNA, he was off the hook. Great mic skills, great in ring ability.

Too bad he doesn't look like a roided up junky.

BurningHammer
10-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Christian is really screwed over.

I remember the ppv right before he left for TNA, he was off the hook. Great mic skills, great in ring ability.

Too bad he doesn't look like a roided up junky.
He has been used as his salary states though, an upper-midcarder and a short-term main-eventer.

BMOGEFan
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM
He has been used as his salary states though, an upper-midcarder and a short-term main-eventer.

around 600k. look at dolph ziggler, he sucks. tensei, mark henry, del rio, cody rhodes...

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-08-2012, 01:15 AM
around 600k. look at dolph ziggler, he sucks. tensei, mark henry, del rio, cody rhodes...
Henry signed a ten year contract with WWE in 1996. I can't imagine they gave him another 10 year contract after that one expired.

Batz
10-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Shamed WCW never took off. These salaries are pretty pitiful considering what these Athletes bring in.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Before WCW started snatching all the talent from WWF, these guys barely even had contracts.

Batz
10-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Before WCW started snatching all the talent from WWF, these guys barely even had contracts.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5066/vincemcmahon.jpg

Unfortunate. Competition would be great for the wrestling market.

Jackass18
10-08-2012, 05:11 AM
They're wasting a lot of money on Khali

JohnnySic
10-08-2012, 07:21 AM
They're genrally making good money to live their dream but I'd imagine that medical bills take a bite out of it.

raiderfan19
10-08-2012, 08:27 AM
You realize that the high end guys(Cena for example) make most of their money through ppv percentages and merch sales right?

goldenryan
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
You realize that the high end guys(Cena for example) make most of their money through ppv percentages and merch sales right?
Still an unfair business. Cena is very popular among kids but he makes 4-5 mil a year while Lebron makes 40-50.

SCREWstonRockets
10-08-2012, 11:25 AM
[.IMG]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5066/vincemcmahonisgod.jpg[/IMG]

Unfortunate. Competition would be great for the wrestling market.

Yea, blame Vince for the shitty way WCW ran themselves out of business. It was so bad, they had to sell to their biggest competitor. Blame WCW for not knowing how to run a business.

These wrestlers are making pretty good money compared to guys on the Indy circuit. Plus they get to travel all over the world and reap the benefits of being a TV in front of millions.

B-Low
10-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Thing that stood out the most to me: F*ckin MICHAEL COLE is bringing in more money than 40-50 year vet, legendary, "been calling Raw since season 1" Jerry Lawler?!

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Thing that stood out the most to me: F*ckin MICHAEL COLE is bringing in more money than 40-50 year vet, legendary, "been calling Raw since season 1" Jerry Lawler?!
Yeah, but I bet Lawler banks on his independent appearances. Also who knows what these guys duties are with the WWE. Perhaps Michael Cole has more responsibilities than Lawler. But yeah, that caught my eye too.

El Kabong
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah, but I bet Lawler banks on his independent appearances. Also who knows what these guys duties are with the WWE. Perhaps Michael Cole has more responsibilities than Lawler. But yeah, that caught my eye too.
Lawler works 5-6 times a month (Weekly Raw show + PPV), whereas I'd say Cole is a Monday-Friday kinda schedule.

You gotta remember, that's the "downside" agreement, so it's the minimum they'll make for the year. They'll get PPV bonuses, merchandise royalties etc all on top of that. Guys constantly in main events who sell a lot of merchandise like Cena and CM Punk would be making way more than listed.

Skywalker
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
how do you give Big Show and Mark Henry 10 year deals lmao

FreezingTsmoove
10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
What are these guys gonna do with their money? They are always traveling to WWE events EVERY SINGLE WEEK and doing live events on top of that. Photoshoots, interview, autograph sessions. These guys literally have no time for themselves

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-08-2012, 05:06 PM
how do you give Big Show and Mark Henry 10 year deals lmao
like i said, mark henry got that ten year deal in like 96' when he was on top of his weight lifting game. can't imagine they gave him another ten year deal.

El Kabong
10-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Kahli gives them someone to market to India, which would be worth the million a year they pay him. Plus he's a big guy who they can plug into a main event in a pinch (like Big Show). TNA ran Ring Ka King in India and got huge numbers, both in attendance and TV ratings, so there's a market their for wrestling.

Same reason WWE went out of their way to sign Del Rio and that other masked guy (Not Mysterio I call him cause I can never remember his name), trying to break into the Mexican wrestling market.

Jackass18
10-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Still an unfair business. Cena is very popular among kids but he makes 4-5 mil a year while Lebron makes 40-50.

He wrestles for what 5, 10, 15 minutes?

BurningHammer
10-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Kahli gives them someone to market to India, which would be worth the million a year they pay him. Plus he's a big guy who they can plug into a main event in a pinch (like Big Show). TNA ran Ring Ka King in India and got huge numbers, both in attendance and TV ratings, so there's a market their for wrestling.

Same reason WWE went out of their way to sign Del Rio and that other masked guy (Not Mysterio I call him cause I can never remember his name), trying to break into the Mexican wrestling market.
Mistico a.k.a. Sin Cara. The dude was actually the biggest name in Lucha Libre a while ago. So, the signing does make sense. But it doesn't seem to work so far.

El Kabong
10-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Mistico a.k.a. Sin Cara. The dude was actually the biggest name in Lucha Libre a while ago. So, the signing does make sense. But it doesn't seem to work so far.
Yea, that's it. I kept thinking his name was Sinestro for some reason, but that's the bad guy from Green Lantern.

They should have just gone and signed L.A. Park (formerly known as La Parka). He was mad over in WCW, they would have loved him in WWE with the strutting and dancing stuff he does.

BurningHammer
10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
They should have just gone and signed L.A. Park (formerly known as La Parka). He was mad over in WCW, they would have loved him in WWE with the strutting and dancing stuff he does.
AAA, where LA Park is working with, has a connection with TNA. So, if he wants to move to wrestle in USA again, it will likely be TNA.