PDA

View Full Version : Lakers announce F Jordan Hill has herniated disc in back

oh the horror
10-08-2012, 09:40 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers announced Monday that reserve forward Jordan Hill has a herniated disc in his back. The team did not declare a specific timeline or treatment approach, saying only that he "will be re-evaluated in a week" with an update to come at that time.

Hill, 25, was acquired by the Lakers from the Houston Rockets in a 2012 trade deadline move. Hill was re-signed to a two-year contract worth a reported $8 milion this summer.

Hill played 20 minutes in Los Angeles' preseason debut against the Golden State Warriors on Sunday, scoring 10 points, grabbing 3 rebounds and dishing 3 assists. The Orange County Register reports that Hill was "in pain" and being treated with a heat pad during the game.

The Lakers are counting on Hill to be one of four big men in their regular rotation, along with All-Star center Dwight Howard, All-Star forward Pau Gasol and reserve forward Antawn Jamison. Howard is also currently rehabilitating from a back injury. The only other big men currently on the Lakers roster are deep reserves Robert Sacre and Earl Clark.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20515555/lakers-announce-f-jordan-hill-has-herniated-disc-in-back

Hittin_Shots
10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
They moved it to Hill from Dwight..

oh the horror
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
No shit huh. They need Hill too, good hustle guy.

macpierce
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
wtf :mad:

All Net
10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Does suck.

have to see how he is in a weeks time. hurts the depth alot.

KeyNote
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
eesh I hate it

mike brown has no choice but to bring jamison off the bench as the 4 now tho, right?

:kobe:

All Net
10-08-2012, 09:48 PM
eesh I hate it

mike brown has no choice but to bring jamison off the bench as the 4 now tho, right?

:kobe:

Thats the only positive really.

oh the horror
10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
What were his original plans for Jamison?

flipogb
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
hel be ready for the season,its early

All Net
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
What were his original plans for Jamison?

Based on what seen and heard coming in for MWP...

All Net
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Dunno herniated disks how long do they take?

oh the horror
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Iffy dude. Herniated disc is no joke sometimes. Could be nagging.

oh the horror
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Based on what seen and heard coming in for MWP...

:oldlol: That makes zero sense. Brown must reeeeally dislike Ebanks.

All Net
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
:oldlol: That makes zero sense. Brown must reeeeally dislike Ebanks.

Well he played him as a 3 vs GS with Hill at the 4.

stallionaire
10-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Glad he didn't come to Minnesota since we offered him more. Woulda been a bitch move if we paid an injured guy.

All Net
10-08-2012, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE]Hill could be seen in pain and holding a heating pad to his back on the Lakers

senelcoolidge
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Sacre and Goudelock are the real future of this team. In a couple years Kobi and Nash will retire. Dwight's back if he's still the same player might bounce or just not be the same player. Mike Brown needs to give his young guys a lot of minutes..development time. Hopefully try to preserve the old guys for the playoffs if they make it.

The Real JW
10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Jamison is a SF. Do you question the Brown?

longtime lurker
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/10/08/jordan-hill-diagnosed-with-herniated-disk-in-back/74102/

So you mean to tell me Mike Brown was going to use Jamison as the back up SF? :facepalm This team is doomed. Well here's hoping Hill makes a full recovery, not point rushing him back. This pretty much means Sacre makes the team and maybe we'll have a Kenyon Martin sighting.

KeyNote
10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Jamison is a SF. Do you question the Brown?

jamison is a combo 3/4...he played the 4 for the wiz and the cavs..and should play the 4 for the lakers to stretch the D away from either D12 or Pau at the center

All Net
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
So you mean to tell me Mike Brown was going to use Jamison as the back up SF? :facepalm This team is doomed. Well here's hoping Hill makes a full recovery, not point rushing him back. This pretty much means Sacre makes the team and maybe we'll have a Kenyon Martin sighting.

Sacre looked decent...but only when Nash was on the floor.

takai
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Son of a whore.

DuMa
10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
i had a herniated disc for a while on a bad snowboarding jump crash. shit aint fun. better hope dwight or pau doesnt get hurt now.

All Net
10-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Jordan Craig Hill ‏@jordanchill43

Ay you know ya boy coming back strong real soon...nothing too major...we just being careful...pray for da kid

G-Funk
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Its part of the game. Lakers will win without him. I just want him back for the playoffs.

All Net
10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Its part of the game. Lakers will win without him. I just want him back for the playoffs.

Geesh shouldn't be that bad of an injury.

chazzy
10-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Jordan Craig Hill ‏@jordanchill43

Ay you know ya boy coming back strong real soon...nothing too major...we just being careful...pray for da kid
I didn't see the top line and thought this was coming from you, unexpected :lol

They should pick up Kmart if he's out for a while. 2nd unit needs defense.

OG LeeTSkeeT
10-09-2012, 12:34 AM
I really hope Jamison doesn't decline real bad when joining the Lakers, hopefully he can put up 10-15pts a night. Really think he should be playing the 4 as he's more comfortable in that position. Hope they can get K-Mart, keep CDR and drop almost everyone else.

Fiasco
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Merely a hustle player, shouldn't hurt the Lakers too much.

chazzy
10-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Merely a hustle player, shouldn't hurt the Lakers too much.
He has a solid hook shot and touch around the basket, rebounds well and his mobility aids his defense. Either Dwight or Pau should be on the floor at all times though.

InspiredLebowski
10-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Depth's gonna be a problem...

to be quoted when LA whens 73 games and the title

SevereUpInHere
10-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I didn't see the top line and thought this was coming from you, unexpected :lol

They should pick up Kmart if he's out for a while. 2nd unit needs defense.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread, $ signs would have lit up in Kmarts eyes when he heard this too. I assume LA still only has the Vet Min to give out thou.

Noof
10-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Dammit! Isn't that the same injury Dwight had? :mad:

TaLvsCuaL
10-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Damn, too early to injuries :(

Fiasco
10-09-2012, 01:27 AM
He has a solid hook shot and touch around the basket, rebounds well and his mobility aids his defense. Either Dwight or Pau should be on the floor at all times though.

Like I said... hustle player. He brings about as much to the table as Anthony Randolph does.

In the long run this won't affect the Lakers much. I'm sure Kenyon Martin will sign for the minimum and make this news seem like a fart.

SourGrapes
Sacre and Goudelock are the real future of this team. In a couple years Kobi and Nash will retire. Dwight's back if he's still the same player might bounce or just not be the same player. Mike Brown needs to give his young guys a lot of minutes..development time. Hopefully try to preserve the old guys for the playoffs if they make it.

You are quietly turning into one of the most useless, pathetic posters on this site :applause: :applause: :applause:

turnaroundJ
Maybe Jamison can play that stretch 4 role Mike Brown wanted Pau to play last year.

senelcoolidge
10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
You are quietly turning into one of the most useless, pathetic posters on this site :applause: :applause: :applause:

Hey, don't be such a sour grape. But Brown should develop some of those young guys. Window isn't very big for this lakers team. Hill is a hustle guy, but losing him is a big hit to an already anemic bench. Last I heard Kenyon wanted to get paid, one of the reasons no one is interested.

brownmamba00
10-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Hill is a solid player.
good energy good pnr defense nice touch around the basket great rebounder.

He should be back in a week or 2 or so (basing this off from his tweets)

dab0yech0
10-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Good hopefully Sacre gets hurt too, hope Ronnie Aguilar makes the team. Thats my boy known him since HS used to be teammates and hung out all the time. Hopefully a few more bigs go down so he makes the team.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Might be out 4-5 months. It said it might be more serious than Dwight's injury. I think its time for K.Mart.

All Net
10-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Might be out 4-5 months. It said it might be more serious than Dwight's injury. I think its time for K.Mart.

Who said that? Injury is not the same as Dwight's.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Who said that? Injury is not the same as Dwight's.

@Lakers fans, Jordan Hill's L5, S1 disc injury potentially can be MORE severe than Dwight's. I'll explain tomo at 7:30am w/ @Mark_T_Willard

https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper/status/255531036736385024

Noof
10-09-2012, 10:52 AM
@Lakers fans, Jordan Hill's L5, S1 disc injury potentially can be MORE severe than Dwight's. I'll explain tomo at 7:30am w/ @Mark_T_Willard

Did this happen yet? Forgot to tune in. Edit: Willard isn't even on yet. :s Colin Cowherd is.

Umad101
10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Nooooooooooo dude was becoming one of my favorite lakers

All Net
10-09-2012, 11:00 AM

Yeah just saw the link on LG, hopefully catching it early helps...

pegasus
10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
That sucks for the Lakers. He brought ton of energy and hustle off the bench last year and signed this summer for less than his market value in order to compete for a championship. Hopefully he will be back before the playoffs start.

IGOTGAME
10-09-2012, 11:56 AM
yea, this is a big blow for the Lakers. His defense and intensity will really be missed.

qrich
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Good hustle player, but can be replaced. Chris Andersen, Kenyon Martin, Ike Diogu, Josh Powell & Hassan Whiteside can replicate what Hill brought. Even guys like Mehmet Okur, Paul Davis, Solomon Alabi would be decent bandaids too.

IGOTGAME
10-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Good hustle player, but can be replaced. Chris Andersen, Kenyon Martin, Ike Diogu, Josh Powell & Hassan Whiteside can replicate what Hill brought. Even guys like Mehmet Okur, Paul Davis, Solomon Alabi would be decent bandaids too.

Jordan Hill is better than all those guys. He was long and effecting shots at the rim(blocking KD dunks and layups), brought great intensity and seemed to be adding a jumper. His length and mobility is not easily replaced by those guys.

RRR3
10-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Don't think Diogu, Powell, Whiteside or (current) Birdman are as good as Hill on the glass, though. Hill is better than all of the players you mentioned currently I think. K-Mart would be good for them, but I thought I heard he won't sign for the minimum? Okur is more of a 3PT shooting big man, he'd be a completely different guy than Hill was. Not sure how much he has left either. Alabi is kind of a scrub IIRC. BTW who's Paul Davis lol?

All Net
10-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Jordan Hill is better than all those guys. He was long and effecting shots at the rim(blocking KD dunks and layups), brought great intensity and seemed to be adding a jumper. His length and mobility is not easily replaced by those guys.

For the short term? They would be fine replacements but yes long term Hill is important come playoff time. Just have to hope its not serious.

qrich
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM

I've watched Hill since his days at the UoA and he's just a high energy guy and that is about it. I always thought he'd be a better player than he ended up being, but it seems to be the case with some of my favorite recent UoA alumns such as Bayless as well.

Birdman and Whiteside are both long and athletic enough to challenge shots at the rim. Whiteside averaged .8 blocks in 6.1 minutes this past season, for example, and we all know the Birdman. Martin is a nice, physical defender, and though people overrated how "important" he was to the Clips last year, he still blocks a nice amount of shots getting 1.7 in 17.5 minutes in the post-season.

Diogu nor Powell are good defenders and definitely aren't shot blockers, but Diogu is a nice offensive bruising big man off the bench, ala Craig Smith. Powell is a nice garbage guy that has a jumper.

All in all, for 12-15 minutes a night, there isn't a vast drop-off, if any, between Hill and those guys.

Don't think Diogu, Powell, Whiteside or (current) Birdman are as good as Hill on the glass, though. Hill is better than all of the players you mentioned currently I think. K-Mart would be good for them, but I thought I heard he won't sign for the minimum? Okur is more of a 3PT shooting big man, he'd be a completely different guy than Hill was. Not sure how much he has left either. Alabi is kind of a scrub IIRC. BTW who's Paul Davis lol?

For 10-12 minutes a night, I don't see a major difference between Hill and Whiteside/Birdman/Martin especially, and yeah, Diogu/Powell/Davis/Memo/Alabi would bring different aspects to the team, but again, its only a dozen minutes a night.

Davis is a former Michigan alum and Clipper. Was a part of the awesome 3xDavis Clipper team with Baron & Ricky :oldlol:

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/2490270/480/LA-Clippers/baron-davis-paul-davis-ricky-davis.jpg

IGOTGAME
10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
For the short term? They would be fine replacements but yes long term Hill is important come playoff time. Just have to hope its not serious.

agreed. Lakers need him back for playoffs. Hopefully the Lakers can find a replacement for the short term.

All Net
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM

Asiantastic
10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
The Woj has spoken. :bowdown:

flipogb
10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
called it, hel be ready for the season. this is great news because I was starting to worry and also feel bad for Hill because he looks like he put a lot of hard work on his game

crisoner
10-09-2012, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]

brandonislegend
10-09-2012, 04:41 PM
He will be out for 2 weeks and people are making it seem like is out for the year. Why

KeyNote
10-09-2012, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]

Noof
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]

flipogb
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
He will be out for 2 weeks and people are making it seem like is out for the year. Why
previous reports/ history of herniated discs/ Dwight surgery.

luckily its not serious, good for him because he will be an important reserve this year

Lamar Doom
10-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I certainly understand why everyone hates Laker fans on here when every (relatively short term) injury update to backup players becomes multi-page NBA forum thread-worthy.

Jordan played hard last season but he's not great and the girlfriend-abuse stuff turns me off to him.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Whew, so happy its not serious.

All Net
10-09-2012, 07:13 PM
I certainly understand why everyone hates Laker fans on here when every (relatively short term) injury update to backup players becomes multi-page NBA forum thread-worthy.

Jordan played hard last season but he's not great and the girlfriend-abuse stuff turns me off to him.

Thats a pretty odd statement to make. Any injury to a guy who is a rotation player will be mentioned and is well worth talking about for any main contender. is it Laker fans fault that there are more Laker fans than for most teams around here? you act like there are stupid comments in this thread. It has legit disussion from not just Laker fans.

Swaggin916
10-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Hope this is something that can be fixed cus we really need his energy and effort. Love what he did last year.

jbot
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
hope he heals soon. i like that fact that he has made a bit of a name for himself.