PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Apparently Kobe is feeling good today: he just reeled off consecutive nasty dunks, the 2nd through traffic.

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/572501ac125811e2ae2a22000a1d0127_7.jpg

Kobe, with a grin, said his fierce dunk over/around Jamison was payback for Jamison taking a charge he didn't appreciate earlier.

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
For what it's worth, Kobe said his body feels better than it has since 2006

Artest is 17 pounds lighter from last season and says he hasn't felt this good since his Pacer days.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Like this for example. If I posted this same exact thing 10 trolls would be saying "Clippers forum" blah blah blah included this retarded OP.

b1imtf
10-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Man if Dwight gets to 100%... That's scary

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Like this for example. If I posted this same exact thing 10 trolls would be saying "Clippers forum" blah blah blah included this retarded OP.

You make dumb threads like players saying their coach is good. :oldlol:

Peteballa
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Man, Lakers are going to be so good. If they get their chemistry right, they're probably better than the Heat. I hope we meet in the finals, would be an epic matchup. :cheers:

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Totally news worthy. F@gg0ts

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM

Why are OKC fans so butthurt :oldlol:

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Why are OKC fans so butthurt :oldlol:

Don't know man, you should probably make a thread about it though!

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:08 PM

CP3 was cleared 100 percent healthy and back to full contact, normal practices last night and I didn't make a thread and supposedly I'm the worst :lol . I've seen about 6 "Artest in best shape of his life" threads this week. At least my annoying threads are new topics :confusedshrug:. Caron Butler lost 25 pounds, DJ lost 15.... I should get on dat thread making.

DuMa
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
its not about how good theyre feeling today. its about how bad theyre gonna feel tommorow on their 35 year old bodies

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:10 PM
CP3 was cleared 100 percent healthy and back to full contact, normal practices last night and I didn't make a thread and supposedly I'm the worst :lol . I've seen about 6 "Artest in best shape of his life" threads this week. At least my annoying threads are new topics :confusedshrug:

The thread is more directed to Kobe feeling good since I know how many Artest threads there are.

And by the way you've talked about Chris Paul being in great shape for months now. :oldlol:

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:10 PM
The thread is more directed to Kobe feeling good since I know how many Artest threads there are.

And by the way you've talked about Chris Paul being in great shape for months now. :oldlol:

You're a hypocrite, deal with it kiddo :sleeping

MiamiThrice
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Is it me or does every old player every offseason say "This is the best I've felt since (insert year about five years ago)". And every single time their stats diminish even further than the previous season. :oldlol:

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
You're a hypocrite, deal with it kiddo :sleeping

Keep bumping up my thread :pimp:

BlackVVaves
10-09-2012, 07:13 PM

:roll: !!!!!

BTW OP, if you haven't noticed the trend around the league, every player is exclaming "This is the best my body's ever felt!"

Let's see come January how tip-top shape some of these player's bodies really are.

AirTupac
Is it me or does every old player every offseason say "This is the best I've felt since (insert year about five years ago)". And every single time their stats diminish even further than the previous season. :oldlol:

Except Artest's transformation translated to improved numbers...

maybeshewill13
Keep bumping up my thread :pimp:

What's that supposed to mean? Are you getting some kind of sexual gratification from me posting in your thread? :biggums:

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:14 PM
What's that supposed to mean? Are you getting some kind of sexual gratification from me posting in your thread? :biggums:

Nah I just find it funny that you're posting so much in a thread that doesn't even concern you (obviously).

All Net
10-09-2012, 07:14 PM

If we were given the power to move threads we would btw.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Billups: Vinny is a good coach.

Great thread dumbass

DuMa
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/iverson-practice1.jpg

Levity
10-09-2012, 07:17 PM
BTW OP, if you haven't noticed the trend around the league, every player is exclaming "This is the best my body's ever felt!"

But not every player who says that has evidence to back that claim. Ron Ron lost a significant amount of weight and it shows in his fluidity on the court.

Clippersfan86
Great thread dumbass

That was what 1 year ago? Give it a rest bro :roll:

maybeshewill13
Nah I just find it funny that you're posting so much in a thread that doesn't even concern you (obviously).

Just like I find it hilarious that people like you abuse CF86 for doing the exact same thing you've done with this thread :lol

/bump

AirTupac
But not every player who says that has evidence to back that claim. Ron Ron lost a significant amount of weight and it shows in his fluidity on the court.

This a thousand times.

Levity
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM

he has a bad case of internet angst.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Just like I find it hilarious that people like you abuse CF86 for doing the exact same thing you've done with this thread :lol

/bump

1 thread compared to how many ?

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:19 PM
1 thread compared to how many ?

Yeah that makes it right.. :sleeping

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:21 PM

Everybody supposedly loses weight before the season. As I said... Caron Butler lost a more impressive 25 pounds. Bottom line is Artest has declined rapidly and it didn't have to do with his conditioning too much. Becoming a terrible shooter isn't about conditioning although it can't help.

20Four
10-09-2012, 07:21 PM
OMG....can't wait for this LAKER season!!!!!!!!!

BlackVVaves
10-09-2012, 07:24 PM

Very true, I expect Artest to be one of those players who does produce more based on his improved health.

Just saying, many players say this, prompting one to think they will have a career-best season. And then, they fall short. (Not Kobe persay, but NBA players in general over the years).

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Everybody supposedly loses weight before the season. As I said... Caron Butler lost a more impressive 25 pounds. Bottom line is Artest has declined rapidly and it didn't have to do with his conditioning too much. Becoming a terrible shooter isn't about conditioning although it can't help.

Do you even remember how fat and awful Artest was last season? He came into training overweight because of the injuries that he was dealing with. He lost a lot of weight and his game has improved since the allstar break. He's put in even more work during the off season.

It had everything to do with his conditioning and injuries.

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:25 PM
OKC fans :rolleyes:
Best you got? :sleeping

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah it keeps you coming back so it works.
Just serving you that sexual gratification you clearly desire my friend :lol BTW notice I'm the only one here? **** thread.

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Just serving you that sexual gratification you clearly desire my friend :lol BTW notice I'm the only one here? **** thread.

:roll:

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:30 PM

Yeah you're the only one here... :rolleyes:

maybeshewill13
10-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah you're the only one here... :rolleyes:

http://spleen-me.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dsc_7346_medium.jpg

BlackVVaves
10-09-2012, 07:33 PM

The difference is, the context. When Artest finally lost weight towards the end of the season last year, he was averaging 15 PPG for those 2-3 weeks. And, when he got back from suspension, his jumper had more lift, as evident in his +40% from beyond the arc in the playoffs.

Butler, who knows if losing the weight will amount to anything? We don't, so we just have to wait and see. With Artest, we saw what he did when in shape and fit. So, it's not as farfetched to make an assumed assessment.

You talk about Artest declining rapidly...and what, Butler hasn't since his injury in 2011? :confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:39 PM
The difference is, the context. When Artest finally lost weight towards the end of the season last year, he was averaging 15 PPG for those 2-3 weeks. And, when he got back from suspension, his jumper had more lift, as evident in his +40% from beyond the arc in the playoffs.

Butler, who knows if losing the weight will amount to anything? We don't, so we just have to wait and see. With Artest, we saw what he did when in shape and fit. So, it's not as farfetched to make an assumed assessment.

You talk about Artest declining rapidly...and what, Butler hasn't since his injury in 2011? :confusedshrug:

Naw Butler absolutely has but remember last season coming off a knee surgery 20+ pounds overweight he still put up 15 ppg first two months of season before his lack of conditioning caught him and his numbers plummeted. I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Naw Butler absolutely has but remember last season coming off a knee surgery 20+ pounds overweight he still put up 15 ppg first two months of season before his lack of conditioning caught him and his numbers plummeted. I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

Do you not see the difference in his movement? You look at the guys body and face in training videos and you can SEE the difference. :facepalm

BlackVVaves
10-09-2012, 07:42 PM

True, true. Artest really does look different though, and I mean, it's not him just being self-loathing. Everyone that has seen him over the summer has been raving about him, to the effect that ISH had to stomach a new Artest thread every week :banghead:

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
True, true. Artest really does look different though, and I mean, it's not him just being self-loathing. Everyone that has seen him over the summer has been raving about him, to the effect that ISH had to stomach a new Artest thread every week :banghead:

:lol not a fan of his?

The Mamba
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Kobe feeling the best he has since 2006? Really? That's frightening.

I thought his he felt and was in great shape in 2008, though.

Levity
10-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

really? i must have missed that. He must have no problem blatantly lying to laker fans, cause if he really said that, theres no way any la fan would have believed it to be true when he joined our team. In other words, no time in the first 2 seasons has he looked like he was in peak shape or even close to it.

I do however remember him saying that ever since he joined the lakers hes had chronic feet and back injuries that have hindered his game in every aspect, and not until april of this year has he been feeling like he can play basketball at the level he wants to. And now that its october, you can just look at artest and see an ocean of difference in his physique, shot, and overall basketball game.

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
really? i must have missed that. He must have no problem blatantly lying to laker fans, cause if he really said that, theres no way any la fan would have believed it to be true when he joined our team. In other words, no time in the first 2 seasons has he looked like he was in peak shape or even close to it.

I do however remember him saying that ever since he joined the lakers hes had chronic feet and back injuries that have hindered his game in every aspect, and not until april of this year has he been feeling like he can play basketball at the level he wants to. And now that its october, you can just look at artest and see an ocean of difference in his physique, shot, and overall basketball game.

Well I'm not saying it's false. Just saying he HAS said it before I believe it was last season and the one before.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Well I'm not saying it's false. Just saying he HAS said it before I believe it was last season and the one before.

Bullshit he said anything last season hahahahaha

Faptastrophe
10-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Kobe, with a grin, said his fierce dunk over/around Jamison was payback for Jamison taking a charge he didn't appreciate earlier.
http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/fcd49dd4126611e2918122000a9f0a12_7.jpg

mattvNJ
10-09-2012, 08:02 PM
im excited to see this laker squad, going to be exciting for their fans

Clippersfan86
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Sick dunk but Jamison is terrible at post defense and contesting shots so he literally just stood there :oldlol:

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown:

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 08:04 PM
im excited to see this laker squad, going to be exciting for their fans

It's been a while since I've been excited to watch pre season games :oldlol:

Heavincent
10-09-2012, 08:05 PM

No Artest actually said he was out of shape coming into last season.

ihoopallday
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
So explain to me why Laker fans were bitchin earlier about how CP86 is always starting threads. :lol 90% of the threads on here are Lakers or Heat related. Gotta love these double standards.

SyRyanYang
10-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Because no one gives two damn about the clippers? No offense. Nothing personal

SyRyanYang
10-09-2012, 08:17 PM
So explain to me why Laker fans were bitchin earlier about how CP86 is always starting threads. :lol 90% of the threads on here are Lakers or Heat related. Gotta love these double standards.
Because there are more Lakers and Heat fans than the rest of the league combined?

Clippersfan86
Because no one gives two damn about the clippers? No offense. Nothing personal

Yet they have the 3rd most nationally televised games in the NBA, are in China playing the defending champs and have the leagues 4th best road attendance, not to mention sell out every home game. Nobody cares :biggums:

The Mamba
Old man can still get up there it looks like !!!

Need to see this team play the Heat in the Finals. Especially if Kobe's body feels revived and the best it has been in awhile.

LA v.s. Miami, battle of the hottest women cities.

:pimp:

SyRyanYang
10-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Yet they have the 3rd most nationally televised games in the NBA, are in China playing the defending champs and have the leagues 4th best road attendance, not to mention sell out every home game. Nobody cares :biggums:
yes, nobody cares.

Swaggin916
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Lol yea it is sort of this way. Most guys will feel great, but they just can't move like they used to. I'm sure guys like Steve Nash and Grant Hill feel really good as they have kept in great shape, but they just don't have what they once did.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-09-2012, 08:24 PM
yes, nobody cares.

Wrong. You don't care, but people that watch basketball do.

KDthunderup
10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I swear it is every year you hear Kobe being in the best shape since 2006, just seems like a beat up most years.

Usually T-Mac has one of these "Best shape since blah" before every season aswell.

Heavincent
10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Sorry, I swear it is every year you hear Kobe being in the best shape since 2006, just seems like a beat up most years.

Usually T-Mac has one of these "Best shape since blah" before every season aswell.

Not really. Everyone knew Kobe wasn't feeling too great going into the 10-11 season. The same could probably be said for 09-10.

All Net
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
For the record I don't find anything wrong with CF86 threads. It only looks bad to many due to the lack of high volume Clipper fans. Although that does seem to be increasing.

SyRyanYang
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Wrong. You don't care, but people that watch basketball do.
As a matter of fact, I do. They are my second favorite team. But fact is, all those Clippers' trivia were posted by CF86 alone. While there are numerous Lakers' posters.

Money 23
10-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Not really. Everyone knew Kobe wasn't feeling too great going into the 10-11 season. The same could probably be said for 09-10.
Kobe was amazing for the first quarter of the 2009 - 2010 season, was basically healthy and then he had a knee injury and I believe another hand / finger / wrist injury.

Very early on he was playing like an MVP candidate again. All those game winners early in the year. He was super productive with his scoring, playing mostly mid range.

Think he was putting up like 32 ppg on 50% shooting actually.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Artest admitted he was in horrible shape coming into the 2012 season.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not saying the Clippers are horrible because they obviously aren't. But the NBA usually sends scrubs to other countries so that's a really bad example.

nevetslc88
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM

Here's the actual footage

Practice Dunks: Kobe Bryant (10/09/12)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Dpn2dnDtM&hd=1

ihoopallday
10-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm not saying the Clippers are horrible because they obviously aren't. But the NBA usually sends scrubs to other countries so that's a really bad example.

So Miami, Boston, Clippers, etc. are all scrubs? :facepalm

coin24
10-09-2012, 10:54 PM

I fapped:bowdown: :bowdown:

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 10:57 PM

Was about to post this.

:bowdown:

Money 23
10-09-2012, 10:58 PM

I busted in my pants, looking quite limber and athletic again.

2nd dunk was shades of 2011 playoffs when Bean let his nuts hang on Okafor's shoulders.

EnoughSaid
10-09-2012, 11:07 PM
:oldlol: LeBron does that shit on a regular basis in every game he plays. It's ONE dunk. Are we forgetting the two crazy dunks he had vs the Hornets in the 2011 Playoffs? :facepalm Let's wait to see how they mesh.

And I'm wondering as to why anyone would think that OKC fans are butthurt? They have gotten farther than the Lakers the past two years, and beat them in just 5 games this last season.

AirTupac
10-09-2012, 11:10 PM
So insecure.

catquickspider
10-09-2012, 11:32 PM
:oldlol: LeBron does that shit on a regular basis in every game he plays. It's ONE dunk. Are we forgetting the two crazy dunks he had vs the Hornets in the 2011 Playoffs? :facepalm Let's wait to see how they mesh.

And I'm wondering as to why anyone would think that OKC fans are butthurt? They have gotten farther than the Lakers the past two years, and beat them in just 5 games this last season.

Lebron is 7 years younger :facepalm

Kobe at 27 was serious when it came to dunking in traffic/on people. Lebron is lacking in the dunking on people category so stop exaggerating. He mainly does that 1 dunk he has in his repertoire in fastbreaks or when the lane is clear.

red1
10-09-2012, 11:38 PM

lookin good, still got dem hops I see

Smoke117
10-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Why should we care or fear if Ron Artest is in basketball shape. I mean jesus christ has one guy ever been more overrated. He was overrated defensively in his prime and he was MASSIVELY OVERRATED OFFENSIVELY. Ron Artest has not had ONE EFFICIENT SEASON HIS WHOLE GOD DAMN CAREER. The guy has always thought he was ****ing Michael Jordan out there. He could never shoot, he was always slow, he couldn't drive, about the only thing he could do is THINK HE COULD DO ALL THESE THINGS. He was NEVER quick and now he's just getting up in age and now he's actually in shape and we are supposed to shudder, give me a god damn break. Ron Artest was always just a media whore who made a name for himself through that medium. He was never a special player.

Heavincent
10-09-2012, 11:56 PM
:oldlol: LeBron does that shit on a regular basis in every game he plays.

So did Kobe when he was young.

EnoughSaid
10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Lebron is 7 years younger :facepalm

Kobe at 27 was serious when it came to dunking in traffic/on people. Lebron is lacking in the dunking on people category so stop exaggerating. He mainly does that 1 dunk he has in his repertoire in fastbreaks or when the lane is clear.

:oldlol: LeBron's dunking ability >>> Kobe in his prime.

coin24
10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Pfft Lebrons dunks are boring as shit. Lame one handers:oldlol:
Be creative for fu*ks sake:lol

coin24
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM

Like in the dunk comp? Oh wait..

Heavincent
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM

No. Higher vert, but Kobe's dunks were more agile and creative.

red1
10-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Why should we care or fear if Ron Artest is in basketball shape. I mean jesus christ has one guy ever been more overrated. He was overrated defensively in his prime and he was MASSIVELY OVERRATED OFFENSIVELY. Ron Artest has not had ONE EFFICIENT SEASON HIS WHOLE GOD DAMN CAREER. The guy has always thought he was ****ing Michael Jordan out there. He could never shoot, he was always slow, he couldn't drive, about the only thing he could do is THINK HE COULD DO ALL THESE THINGS. He was NEVER quick and now he's just getting up in age and now he's actually in shape and we are supposed to shudder, give me a god damn break. Ron Artest was always just a media whore who made a name for himself through that medium. He was never a special player.
I don't agree at all, I think ron is a solid starter that many teams could use. He has been slow and his game has been off because of his foot injury but he will be very useful this year because he can hold his own defensively against many of the league's best players

RRR3
10-10-2012, 12:01 AM

Artest shot decently with Sacramento.

2007: 19 PPG on 44/36/74
2008: 21 PPG on 45/38/72

:confusedshrug:

Smoke117
10-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Artest shot decently with Sacramento.

2007: 19 PPG on 44/36/74
2008: 21 PPG on 45/38/72

:confusedshrug:

Thats borderline average, that isn't decent when put altogether. Ron Artest was never a scorer, but he sure as hell thought he was.

westside_baller
10-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Kobe > Jordan.

BEAST Griffin
10-10-2012, 12:16 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=14

jlip
10-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Let's be real. Every season we read or hear that some player who is either coming off a major injury or is getting older is supposedly in "his best shape in years." How often is that actually the case?

ihoopallday
10-10-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=14

:applause: :applause:

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-10-2012, 12:29 AM
So Miami, Boston, Clippers, etc. are all scrubs? :facepalm

Look up the term usually.

AirTupac
10-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Let's be real. Every season we read or hear that some player who is either coming off a major injury or is getting older is supposedly in "his best shape in years." How often is that actually the case?

Please , please explain to me how Artest isn't in the best shape in years? How much proof do you need?

You hear interviews of players playing with and against Artest
The stats back it up (after the allstar break and playoffs)
Pictures of Artest
Game footage of Artest

All things point to the fact that he's in great shape. Better shape than he has been in years. We'll see how it all translate coming this season but he's put in work the past few months and the proof is right there.

AirTupac
10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Kobe:

Long practices but getting a ton of work done. I had a lil tendon issue in my foot that kept me sidelined for 2 days but I'm full speed ahead once again.

Our timing with one another gets better by the day and DH is good to go on full contact. I'm tired and sore but that kind of pain feels good especially when you know what's at stake.

As far as retirement, I'm not sure how many years I have left but know this: IF and When I announce my retirement, I will do so directly to you first. Let's focus on getting this season taken care of. It should be a fun one. I feel strong, light and quick. I can't wait till Oct 31.
It's on.
Mamba out