10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
..[QUOTE] A year ago, LeBron James adopted elements of Hakeem Olajuwon

DuMa
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bron-tsick-shot.gif

Faptastrophe
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Always learning and improving.

Can't wait for him to do this during the game.

http://i.minus.com/ijK7PBXTHmVeJ.gif

edit: haha, **** you DuMa. You win this round :D

blablabla
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
nice move

TheAesirsFinest
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Sweet. LeBron in the post is way more fun to watch than him jacking up jumpers now.

dunksby
10-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Travelinghook :bowdown:

PyrrhusX
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Sweet. LeBron in the post is way more fun to watch than him jacking up jumpers now.

This.
If Lebron implements this into his game, it would make him all the more dangerous in the post.

I<3NBA
10-10-2012, 06:36 PM
if he can really master this, opposing teams would cry buckets!

Overdrive
10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Always learning and improving.

Can't wait for him to do this during the game.

http://i.minus.com/ijK7PBXTHmVeJ.gif

edit: haha, **** you DuMa. You win this round :D

Changed pivotfoot.

Heavincent
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM

Not gonna lie, that's pretty ****ing cool.

He traveled though.

zizozain
10-10-2012, 06:39 PM
i see a great balance, beautiful footwork
and he gently throws the ball l with a sweeping motion of his arm in an upward arc with a follow-through which ends over his head

go for it lebron

Edit:ooops the gif. above
:lol

Levity
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Nice crab hook

:applause:

coin24
10-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Wrong account pauk:oldlol:

outbreak
10-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Those are travels...
Lebron does the dream shake now? No he doesn't? He can't even post up JJ Barea without giving up an offensive foul. Every off season he claims he's perfected his post game but it never improves that much.

FreezingTsmoove
10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Is it me or is this type of thread made every year during the off season

fpliii
10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Those are travels...
Lebron does the dream shake now? No he doesn't? He can't even post up JJ Barea without giving up an offensive foul. Every off season he claims he's perfected his post game but it never improves that much.

uhhh sorry, what?

I'm not a LeBron guy, but he looked markedly better last season and playoffs

KyrieTheFuture
10-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Those are travels...

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Jax
10-10-2012, 07:21 PM
DA GAWD KING JAMES with the unstoppable move!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dq48XSNg1r6ombko1_500.gif
Laker stans everywhere. He's still allowed to give 2 steps...travel :coleman:

chips93
10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE]A year ago, LeBron James adopted elements of Hakeem Olajuwon

longtime lurker
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Not gonna lie, that's pretty ****ing cool.

He traveled though.

Not like the refs would call it.

Really though it's an unstoppable move and Lebron adding it to his arsenal will just prolong his career. :rockon:

Faptastrophe
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
LeBron's just joking around in that gif and people still manage to mention traveling. Who cares.. it's a sick horse shot, that's it.

CavaliersFTW
10-10-2012, 09:09 PM
GTFOH.... if he does I will openly become a Lebron fan again... I'm not even joking, if he starts hitting skyhooks in the post... man... it could mean the entire next generation of basketball players will emulate him and there will be hook shots in the NBA again... DO IT LEBRON - SHOOT THE SKYHOOK :rockon:

upside24
10-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Would be on another level if he had Kareem level efficiency with the skyhook.:eek:

plowking
10-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Those are travels...

He literally destroyed your team in the finals from the post. It was one of the most dominating finals performances from down there. Scoring, passing, offensive boards, etc... He killed you guys down there.

che guevara
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Lebron has always had good form on his hook shot, even as a young player. It's a mystery to me why he almost never uses it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9PD5FEcys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDA_DpfnXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIFavxL4pT0

Kobe 4 The Win
10-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I'd love to see him incorperate a skyhook in his game. I'm amazed that nobody has really tried this shot because Kareem and later Magic were so successful with it.

CavaliersFTW
10-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I'd love to see him incorperate a skyhook in his game. I'm amazed that nobody has really tried this shot because Kareem and later Magic were so successful with it.
and prior to them Jerry Lucas, Nate Thurmond, Bill Russell, Cliff Hagan, George Mikan among many others seeing as how it used to be a staple tool for scoring in the post with your back to the basket... it's one of the skillsets that doesn't make sense why it disappeared. A 2 hand set shot?, sure - but the hook shot? That never became outdated - it just stopped being used for some reason

Jax
10-10-2012, 10:02 PM
bron's post game clearly improved, but i dont remember seeing any dream shakes

too bad he takes 3 . . .
We can't have a discussion if we disagree on facts, dribble>"gather">2 steps. That's it.

LeBird
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Well, it'd be a great move for him to be able to rely on as he ages and his physicality wanes.

Fiasco
10-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Is it me or is this type of thread made every year during the off season

LeBron has also said that he feels like he's in the best shape he's ever been in, including 2008

KyrieTheFuture
10-10-2012, 10:18 PM
The return of the hook would bring my father to tears it's his favorite thing in basketball

ihoopallday
10-10-2012, 10:27 PM
The return of the hook would bring my father to tears it's his favorite thing in basketball

:D It would be awesome if a superstar player brought it back.

LongLiveTheKing
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Nice but why does it say Lebron did the Dream Shake?
Anyways it'll be fun seeing the Heat with Lebron in the paint surrounded by 3 point shooters and Dwade cutting to the basket.

Asukal
10-10-2012, 11:11 PM
It's not easy to hit a hook shot from 15 feet away like Kareem did. It's a hard shot to master but a good go to post move and players should use it more.

atljonesbro
10-10-2012, 11:23 PM
LeBron is a goofclown azz nugga

Lebron23
10-10-2012, 11:28 PM
:cheers:

Overdrive
10-10-2012, 11:41 PM

Yes and no, you're not allowed to pivot twice. If he finished after the spin it would be no problem. Just two steps. He gathered though having established the left foot as pivot foot, then raised his left foot and used his right foot as a pivot foot. That's a travel. Aside from that he has to jump of both feet.

I'm no Lakerstan, justing calling it the way it is. I don't like his post game, it's still very clumsy and his footwork still lacks some coordination. Nonetheless it improved alot over the last 2 years.

LeBron's just joking around in that gif and people still manage to mention traveling. Who cares.. it's a sick horse shot, that's it.

The problem is that he does this in games, too, and doesn't get called for it.

Kobe 4 The Win
10-11-2012, 12:48 AM
LeBron has also said that he feels like he's in the best shape he's ever been in, including 2008

Look out NBA

TyroneNBAFan
10-11-2012, 01:13 AM
That would be awesome if he adds that to his game and uses it consistantly.

I also heard that he wants to spend a lot more time in the paint.

If he's consistantly posting, hitting jump hooks and getting his usual dunks/layups off the drive and in transition, his efficiency should be off the charts.

He could probably connect on 55+% of his shots.

ripthekik
10-11-2012, 01:19 AM
a thread like this you see all his lovers pop up complimenting him :oldlol:

last season he incorporated the dream shake? WHERE? :biggums:

RRR3
10-11-2012, 01:22 AM
http://www.omgsocute.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/newborn-kittens-hugging.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5260/5457523678_ef7a812f81.jpg
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CuteKittyHug.jpg

LakersReign
10-11-2012, 01:29 AM

IIRC, Shaq used it a few times, but obviously not consistently enough.

Eric Cartman
10-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Look out NBA

Lebron reign of terror is just starting ... haters scared shitless.

Oh Lakers come and save us, thou shall be the light in an otherwise dark scenery.

RRR3
10-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Lebron reign of terror is just starting ... haters scared shitless.

Oh Lakers come and save us, thou shall be the light in an otherwise dark scenery.
:oldlol:

ripthekik
10-11-2012, 01:46 AM
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CuteKittyHug.jpg
come on RRR3 what happened to you. You were a better poster than this.. until that "event" happened. Is this Posttraumatic stress disorder?
Now all you do is post random gifs, pictures, emoticons that no one cares about. Did the event turned you into a vegetable? Now I don't even care to reply or look at most of your posts, I am replying to this one out of sympathy. I hope you can get over the "event" man, and return to yourself. This new rrr3 is quite pathetic.

RRR3
10-11-2012, 01:51 AM
come on RRR3 what happened to you. You were a better poster than this.. until that "event" happened. Is this Posttraumatic stress disorder?
Now all you do is post random gifs, pictures, emoticons that no one cares about. Did the event turned you into a vegetable? Now I don't even care to reply or look at most of your posts, I am replying to this one out of sympathy. I hope you can get over the "event" man, and return to yourself. This new rrr3 is quite pathetic.
:facepalm It takes a special kind of douchebag to continue being a jerk even in response to adorable pictures of kittens. Congratulations, rip, you are the worst poster on ISH.:applause:

ripthekik
10-11-2012, 02:11 AM
:facepalm It takes a special kind of douchebag to continue being a jerk even in response to adorable pictures of kittens. Congratulations, rip, you are the worst poster on ISH.:applause:
there, we finally got some life out of you :applause:

Sakkreth
10-11-2012, 02:21 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dq48XSNg1r6ombko1_500.gif

Gonna show this to my dad and ask, he had his fair share off refereeing and knows rules well in general. I think it's a travel tho.

Edit: Yes it's a travel and after he explained what exactly went wrong, I agree it's 3 steps, because he plants down his right foot after the fake so that he could turn around and do left handed hook instead. Nonetheless funny move.

LBJ 23
10-11-2012, 02:27 AM

Didn't notice at first but he's shooting with left hand actually here

Money 23
10-11-2012, 07:56 AM
I think he should focus on getting better legit and consistent footwork and go to moves in the post before trying to adopt that ugly, yet effective, and very rarely used sky hook shot.

Gonna show this to my dad and ask, he had his fair share off refereeing and knows rules well in general. I think it's a travel tho.
It's not. Once he establishes that left foot, he can spin around on it as much as he likes. 360 on a pivot foot is legal. He doesn't slide it or pick it up. It's good to go.

Nero Tulip
10-11-2012, 08:17 AM
It's not a travel but it's really shitty footwork.

Money 23
10-11-2012, 08:28 AM
It's not a travel but it's really shitty footwork.
Actually in this case it's really good.

He picks his right leg up to fake the sky hook, spins on the pivot foot very quickly while remaining in place and not sliding or moving it.

That's actually pretty impressive. Let's see you try that with such quickness, balance, and fluidity. Oh, and for comparison sake, right after he does it, Durant fails to try to replicate the move.

Sakkreth
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
It wouldn't be a travel if he didn't got his right leg down which he did, that's like an extra step.

Money 23
10-11-2012, 09:05 AM
It wouldn't be a travel if he didn't got his right leg down which he did, that's like an extra step.
No, it's not. That is completely legal ... you can have both feet on the ground even with an established pivot foot, a pivot in use no less. It fools your eyes, but if you know what the rules are it's quite clear it isn't even close to a travel.

edrick
10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
people are discussing whether or not a joke shot is a travel? :facepalm

Overdrive
10-11-2012, 09:11 AM
It's not. Once he establishes that left foot, he can spin around on it as much as he likes. 360 on a pivot foot is legal. He doesn't slide it or pick it up. It's good to go.

He picked up his dribble, and spinned around the right foot, lifts his right foot and start the hookshot motion, everything legal until here. 2 steps.

The travel starts, when he pivots back on his left foot established. Due to the spinmove he, in retrospect did a pivot with the right foot established and later with the left foot established. Yes he can spin 360 degress aslong as the pivot foot is established. The problem about this move is that he stopped the fluid motion. Aslong as he was about to shoot the ball after the spin it was just a spinmove. In the very moment he spun back the second step was a pivot move and hence only one establed foot is allow but he had a foot established before(at the spinmove).

Sakkreth
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
It's 3 steps, if he wanted it to be no travel he shouldn't of landed his non pivot right foot for spinning around. Yes pivot foot can spin 360%, but he landed his non pivot foot to do so, so that's a travel.

Money 23
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
He picked up his dribble, and spinned around the right foot, lifts his right foot and start the hookshot motion, everything legal until here. 2 steps.
When he picks up his dribble and then switches pivot feet, yes.

I'm talking about the literal move itself as he spins on the left pivot foot. Completely legal.

Sakkreth
10-11-2012, 09:14 AM

The travel starts, when he pivots back on his left foot established. Due to the spinmove he, in retrospect did a pivot with the right foot established and later with the left foot established. Yes he can spin 360 degress aslong as the pivot foot is established. The problem about this move is that he stopped the fluid motion. Aslong as he was about to shoot the ball after the spin it was just a spinmove. In the very moment he spun back the second step was a pivot move and hence only one establed foot is allow but he had a foot established before(at the spinmove).

Correct.

Overdrive
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
When he picks up his dribble and then switches pivot feet, yes.

I'm talking about the literal move itself as he spins on the left pivot foot. Completely legal.

The move after the fake isn't legal either, you have to jump off both feet after pivoting, but it has never been called in the NBA, so yeah it's kinda legal. The pivoting is legal though.

ace23
10-11-2012, 09:43 AM
He didn't travel.

winwin
10-11-2012, 09:46 AM
He did travel.

Sakkreth
10-11-2012, 09:46 AM
He didn't travel.

I like ur reasoning and explanation.

AlonzoGOAT
10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
why the **** are people arguing over a joke move

CarlosBoozer
10-11-2012, 10:06 AM
;oldlol people taking g this seriously

Nero Tulip
10-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Actually in this case it's really good.

He picks his right leg up to fake the sky hook, spins on the pivot foot very quickly while remaining in place and not sliding or moving it.

That's actually pretty impressive. Let's see you try that with such quickness, balance, and fluidity. Oh, and for comparison sake, right after he does it, Durant fails to try to replicate the move.

No actually, that's awful, Blake Griffin-esque footwork that gives him really low stability and a left-handed shot while standing on his left foot.

You're right that it's "impressive", like a half-court shot is impressive, but it's not good basketball.

Nero Tulip
10-11-2012, 10:26 AM
It's 3 steps, if he wanted it to be no travel he shouldn't of landed his non pivot right foot for spinning around. Yes pivot foot can spin 360%, but he landed his non pivot foot to do so, so that's a travel.

In any other league I would agree but it's never ever called in the NBA. Players like Wade do this on every single reverse and they never get called.

jlip
10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Seriously people, the "hook shot" in the gif with Durant is not a serious move. It is a trick shot used while playing H.O.R.S.E. It's Globetrotteresque. That's not what he's working on to incorporate into his actual game. That move was not designed to show true basketball footwork or textbook skills any more than the guy in the dunk contest running from the opposite end of the court without dribbling in order to do a freethrow line dunk is trying to show you the "right way" to do an in game dunk.

RaininTwos
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
people are discussing whether or not a joke shot is a travel? :facepalm
welcome to ish:roll:

Sakkreth
10-11-2012, 11:02 AM
In any other league I would agree but it's never ever called in the NBA. Players like Wade do this on every single reverse and they never get called.

That might be the case, it's a travel if u look closely, but I don't think either that it gets called in NBA.

turnaroundJ
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Serious move or not, there's not much of a difference between the footwork of this HORSE hook and the dreamshake.

It actually seems pretty smart to fake a hook this way.

Jax
10-11-2012, 11:51 AM
3 steps where? He dribbles and that first you're counting as one step, isn't.

KingBeasley08
10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Lebron with a sky hook :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
10-11-2012, 04:18 PM
"crab hook"
"travelling hook"

you guys :roll: :roll: