PDA

View Full Version : And now Miami have a quality 6th man

Nash
10-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Miami always lacked a center and a proper 6th man. Now they have a quality player off the bench and that man is a healthier Ray Allen. Not fair :eek:

Ray for 6th man of the year 12/13?

MichaelCheazley
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Best thing about it is that Wade can just rest and be ready for the playoffs while miller and allen do their thing.

G-train
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Miami always lacked a center and a proper 6th man. Now they have a quality player off the bench and that man is a healthier Ray Allen. Not fair :eek:

It's a possibility, given the hype around him and the Heat, although he probably wont be deserving. NBA awards are hype awards though.

Heat also now have a great centre, Chris Bosh.

:pimp:

BlackVVaves
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Ray has recently...and quietly... said that his ankle issues will be a reoccurring problem this season. That can serve as a huge detractor for Miami come playoff time, as we saw how ineffective Ray Ray can be when his jumper is just off last season/post-season.

Health will be an interesting factor in the NBA this year, more so than the last several seasons. Not just Miami, but many of the top teams.

9erempiree
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM

Don't worry....our Lakers will do just fine when we meet in the Finals.

You should fine a better picture of Nash for your avatar.

Nash in a Lakers jersey...:bowdown:

KeyNote
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
they are scary good...no denying that

I think the celtics can give them another good run out east tho

KyrieTheFuture
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Ray has recently...and quietly... said that his ankle issues will be a reoccurring problem this season. That can serve as a huge detractor for Miami come playoff time, as we saw how ineffective Ray Ray can be when his jumper is just off last season/post-season.

Health will be an interesting factor in the NBA this year, more so than the last several seasons. Not just Miami, but many of the top teams.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it happens a lot. I'm under the impression Ray was a detractor because he had to play so much on those ankles cause bradley was out. Ray has more replacements on this team so wouldn't that lessen his negative impact?

swi7ch
10-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Not fair :eek:
Not fair?

The Lakers got a 2-time MVP and a 3x DPOY :roll:

BlackVVaves
10-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Ray Allen said ankle issue likely will be ongoing throughout the season, something he will have to manage.

He said he never wanted to let on publicly how serious it was last season in Boston.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/Ray_Allen/2460961/really-quietly-ray-allen8217s-ankle8217s-not-totally-ok

swi7ch
10-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I think the celtics can give them another good run out east tho

Celtics can't even beat a Euroleague team! Yeah, it's preseason and all but MIA wouldn't have lost to that Euroleague team.

BlackVVaves
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it happens a lot. I'm under the impression Ray was a detractor because he had to play so much on those ankles cause bradley was out. Ray has more replacements on this team so wouldn't that lessen his negative impact?

Certainly depends how much the Heat rely on Allen's three-point shooting, and how effective James Jones and Mike Miller would be as outside threats replacing Ray. As with every player on every team, they are a year older.

In that instance, it's great having the best player in the league on your team.

KyrieTheFuture
10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Certainly depends how much the Heat rely on Allen's three-point shooting, and how effective James Jones and Mike Miller would be as outside threats replacing Ray. As with every player on every team, they are a year older.

In that instance, it's great having the best player in the league on your team.

Is Miller coming back for sure? He's got his own injury woes. To be honest I think this guard rotation needs a man better suited at minute manipulation than good ol Spo.

Mr. Incredible
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Lol and Celtics fans said he was washed up...

Heat say Thank YOU!

:lol

BlackVVaves
10-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Is Miller coming back for sure? He's got his own injury woes. To be honest I think this guard rotation needs a man better suited at minute manipulation than good ol Spo.

Miller's there, but in all honestly (and it's not surprising), much more is made of other team's injury prone players, while Miami escapes criticism.

Their entire shooting guard rotation is ripe with age and injuries; Ray and Miller will likely enter the post-season after a season of chronic ankle/back issues, and I have no idea what state Wade will be after 82 games.

Again, the impact is reduced when Lebron James is on your team, but it cannot be said enough that health will be an extremely relevant factor this post-season, for all teams - including the Miami Heat.

atljonesbro
10-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Yo Ray Allen is wack my little brother Quintavious got a better jumper than him

akts
10-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Allen gives them another three threat, yeah I know no CHit Sherlock...
But that is miller, Lewis, Battier, and Allen. I know you could not pass up a player like allen, but it seems very redundant to have that many guys who operate behind the 3. It almost seems like they are trying to load up to do a trade.

Of them all I can see then using Miller and Lewis for trade bait in getting a Better big at the trade deadline. Battier gives them that defensive presence and Allen can do all that Miller and Lewis do but far more consistently.

Just a thought.

They have a very good damn team though. I would hate if they get a legit center.

BlackVVaves
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
But that is miller, Lewis, Battier, and Allen. I know you could not pass up a player like allen, but it seems very redundant to have that many guys who operate behind the 3. It almost seems like they are trying to load up to do a trade.

Of them all I can see then using Miller and Lewis for trade bait in getting a Better big at the trade deadline. Battier gives them that defensive presence and Allen can do all that Miller and Lewis do but far more consistently.

Just a thought.

They have a very good damn team though. I would hate if they get a legit center.

The only type of centers Miami is getting for Miller and Lewis are of the Dejaun Blair school.

No team is taking Mike Miller with his back condition and contract.

derb2k2
10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Yo Ray Allen is wack my little brother Quintavious got a better jumper than him

:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

Nash
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Just a thought.

They have a very good damn team though. I would hate if they get a legit center. Thats a very easy and stupid way to look at Ray Allen. The man is a scorer and he's obviously doing better health wise this season than last before his injury. He is quality and has a great jumper and can get his own shot off.

G-Funk
10-11-2012, 07:29 PM
aside from their big 3 nobody is really that scary

Some Heat fans got mad at this post rolol

JohnnySic
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Ray Allen wasn't comfortable as a 6th man.

Glad we replaced him with Terry and Lee.

JohnnySic
10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Do the Heat have enough 3 point chuckers yet? Maybe they should add some Euros...

longtime lurker
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM

For a "Nash" fan he surprisingly makes zero posts about Nash and blindly supports dick rides Lebron while he should be cheering for the Lakers. Yeah sure he's a "Nash" fan :lol

KingBeasley08
10-11-2012, 07:59 PM
im having a tough time imagining ray allen taking all those shots that battier/chalmers/miller took in the finals. thats not even fair

KingBeasley08
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
For a "Nash" fan he surprisingly makes zero posts about Nash and blindly supports dick rides Lebron while he should be cheering for the Lakers. Yeah sure he's a "Nash" fan :lol
so? only like 5 of my posts have been about beasley. thats like me calling you out for posting when you should be lurking

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 08:02 PM
omg the heat are gonna be like unstoppable now like a 5peat or something.

must suck 4 u since ur such a big nash fan. gotta get your boy a ring!

HiphopRelated
10-11-2012, 08:04 PM

backing up a future 1st ballot HOFer vs backing up the combo guard version of Ronnie Brewer?

decisions decisions

ZeN
10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Ray should have taken a flight to Germany this past offseason..

longtime lurker
10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
so? only like 5 of my posts have been about beasley. thats like me calling you out for posting when you should be lurking

*Looks at join date* July 2010. I see we've spotted another fake Heat fan. I don't know why you chose Beasley though and you should have just showed you're groupie and picked a name with Lebron at least he was on the team then. And having a the username Nash, sporting a Nash avatar and then proceeding to dick ride one player is the worst kind of fan.

coin24
10-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Because nash is Pauk?:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
The worlds biggest Lebron stan:lol

CavaliersFTW
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Miami...
Nash plays for the Lakers not the Heat

longtime lurker
10-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Because nash is Pauk?:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
The worlds biggest Lebron stan:lol

Is this confirmed? I mean it would make sense, but this Nash guy has like 3000 posts why is really pathetic for a sock account

KingBeasley08
10-11-2012, 08:41 PM
*Looks at join date* July 2010. I see we've spotted another fake Heat fan. I don't know why you chose Beasley though and you should have just showed you're groupie and picked a name with Lebron at least he was on the team then. And having a the username Nash, sporting a Nash avatar and then proceeding to dick ride one player is the worst kind of fan.
Except I'm not a Heat fan so you can stop b!tching. Honestly, in the NBA forum for the past couple months, you've been bashing Lebron relentlessly and criticizing anyone that is his fan. Normally, you're a solid poster but you've been butthurt as hell recently. I do root for the Heat because I am a fan of Lebron and have no NBA team. I've never pretended to be a Heat fan. Who cares though? He's clearly not a Nash fan; he's a Lebron fan. What difference does it really make? He probably respects Nash as I respect a bunch of players. We've all got our favorites

coin24
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Is this confirmed? I mean it would make sense, but this Nash guy has like 3000 posts why is really pathetic for a sock account

Come on, this is Pauk were talking about here:lol

Mach_3
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Thats a very easy and stupid way to look at Ray Allen. The man is a scorer and he's obviously doing better health wise this season than last before his injury. He is quality and has a great jumper and can get his own shot off.

Not anymore he can't. For the last two years i've cringed everytime i've seen Ray Allen with the ball and no screen anywhere in sight. His handles have gotten so sloppy over the past few years its crazy

Mach_3
10-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Come on, this is Pauk were talking about here:lol

Word i'm on this forum every day and i barely got over a 1,000

Nash
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't support Lakers and I am a Lebron fan, its no secret and I am not acting like I'm not a Bron fan.

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't support Lakers and I am a Lebron fan, its no secret and I am not acting like I'm not a Bron fan.

Are you a Heat fan ?

Just curious.

G-Funk
10-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Are you a Heat fan ?

Just curious.

He's such a Nash fan that he named himself Nash and his avatar is a picture of Nash but roots for Lebron over Nash!

Nash
10-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Are you a Heat fan ?

Just curious.
I want Lebron to win so I obviously want his team to win. Doesn't make me a real Heat fan. I'm not even American and have no natural connections to any teams.

G-Funk
10-11-2012, 09:25 PM
He loves Nash so much he would rather make threats about Heat/Bron then to post on a Nash related threat! Priceless

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
I want Lebron to win so I obviously want his team to win. Doesn't make me a real Heat fan. I'm not even American and have no natural connections to any teams.

Ah okay, just checking.

Nothing wrong with that.

Whoah10115
10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
backing up a future 1st ballot HOFer vs backing up the combo guard version of Ronnie Brewer?

decisions decisions

Play the 6th man role for tactical reasons, behind someone who will never be ahead of him at the end of the game vs backing up a future 1st ballot HOFer who he will never get in ahead of when it counts.

Yes, decisions decisions.

BlackVVaves
10-11-2012, 09:27 PM

What's up pauk?

G-Funk
10-11-2012, 09:29 PM

U love Nash so much ur rooting 4 him to lose against Lebron

Whoah10115
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM

I think what he's trying to ask is, why isn't your name Lebron?

longtime lurker
10-11-2012, 09:33 PM
He loves Nash so much he would rather make threats about Heat/Bron then to post on a Nash related threat! Priceless

Lol exactly.

Nash
10-11-2012, 09:35 PM
U love Nash so much ur rooting 4 him to lose against Lebron
Nash was the first player I started to support, Lebron is the player I'm currently more invested in.

I have no idea why this discussions is interesting though because its not like I'm acting as if I'm not a Lebron fan, I'm saying it all the time.

HiphopRelated
10-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Play the 6th man role for tactical reasons, behind someone who will never be ahead of him at the end of the game vs backing up a future 1st ballot HOFer who he will never get in ahead of when it counts.

Yes, decisions decisions.
he'll be on the floor at the end of games, Miami has closed games out without a pg many times

Wade/Bron handle down the stretch

and where was the bold promised?

KG215
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
At the end of the day, what is Ray Allen going to be for the Heat at this point in his career? A potentially more consistent Mike Miller? If you think he's going to come off the bench and NOT have a career low scoring wise, then you need to go back and watch last season. He's not getting younger and, until he shows otherwise, I'm going to continue to believe most nights his feet/ankles/heels, or whatever it was that was bothering him last year will slow him down another step or two.

Sure, occasionally he'll have a "Ray Allen" type night where he drops 18+ and makes several threes, and that'll cause the Heat fans to flood the board and go on-and-on about how unstoppable they are, but they need to reserve themselves to wait and see how he's playing in March and April leading into the playofs

Whoah10115
10-11-2012, 09:49 PM
he'll be on the floor at the end of games, Miami has closed games out without a pg many times

Wade/Bron handle down the stretch

and where was the bold promised?

The best clutch shooter on that team is going to be on the bench at the end of the game?

An yes, Avery Bradley was going to on the floor ahead of Ray at the end of the games The point of what Rivers was trying to do was, instead of coming up with good offense, he told Rondo to get as many assists as possible and for Ray to come in with the 2nd unit. At the end of games, Bradley was not going to be on the floor ahead of Allen, unless Allen was just too ass.

Wade is still elite. Even if his minutes are limited, he'll still be playing over 30MPG and be on the floor in the most important stretches.

coin24
10-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I want Lebron to win so I obviously want his team to win. This makes me a standard heat fan on ISH. Also im Pauk, LeBrons #1 stan

Well said Pauk:applause:

Nash
10-11-2012, 09:50 PM
How about we ask the mods to compare my IP to Pauk's and if we're from the same place I'll leave this place forever and if not you leave? Wanna make that bet?

RaininTwos
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Ok, I'm have ask the reasonable members of ISH to stop underrating Ray Allen and overrating Battier/Miller/etc...those guys are not and I don't remember a time where they have ever been near Ray Allen's level of shooting....ever.

I honestly think dude will average over 11 ppg with ease. He's going to get the most space he's ever had and it will be up to him, the greatest three point shooter of all time, to hit relatively easy shots. Now I am not saying that he's going to be wide open in the corner camping, but I don't how defenses are going to keep a man on him while keeping Bosh/Bron and Wade in check. That's just too much in my opinion. You have to give up something and Ray shooting with late contests will be a regular thing.

Realistically, he will have slumps, but what's yin without the yang? Dude will also have moments, not just singular games mind you, where he will be unstoppable. A couple of 20+,25+ nights where he will remind of his past days and how great of a shooter he is and was.

Great pickup and if I was Spo, I'm definitely playing lineups with Bosh at center and Bron at PF in the 4th quarter.

I cannot wait to see a lineup like this:

Wade
Allen
Battier
Bron
Bosh

down the stretch. That would be SICK.

TheWINdyCity
10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
How about we ask the mods to compare my IP to Pauk's and if we're from the same place I'll leave this place forever and if not you leave? Wanna make that bet?

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/Shickadantz/CODYMAC.gif

ihoopallday
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM

I'm Pauk. I might as well be since you think anyone who likes LeBron is Pauk. Anyways, the guy already said he started off liking Nash when he started watching basketball. What's the problem with him liking LeBron too? It's not like he's denying it.

coin24
10-11-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm Pauk. I might as well be since you think anyone who likes LeBron is Pauk. Anyways, the guy already said he started off liking Nash when he started watching basketball. What's the problem with him liking LeBron too? It's not like he's denying it.

Who just "likes" players anyway? This is a team sport.
Welcome to ISH, dedicated Miami LeBrons supporters:rockon:

If anything, Nash should take it as an insult that he comes across as similar to Pauk:lol

ihoopallday
10-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Who just "likes" players anyway? This is a team sport.
Welcome to ISH, dedicated Miami LeBrons supporters:rockon:

If anything, Nash should take it as an insult that he comes across as similar to Pauk:lol

:lol So you're saying if I like Kobe, I have to be a Lakers fan?

PJR
10-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Ray Allen is going to do what Mike Miller did in game 5 of last years Finals, about 20 times next year. :oldlol: Despite his advanced age and ankle issue, he's still more dependable health wise.

James, Wade, Bosh + the greatest floor spacer of all time in Ray as part of a crunch time lineup? Feelsgoodman.

coin24
10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
:lol So you're saying if I like Kobe, I have to be a Lakers fan?

How can you not like Godbe?:confusedshrug: :oldlol:

Theres a difference between liking a player and enjoying watching them play, and being a blind stan that makes tons of threads about shit...

BuGzBuNNy
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM
You guys act like he can't be a fan of both Nash and Lebron :hammerhead:

plowking
10-12-2012, 12:34 AM

I like how you act as if you're the one that doesn't have to be concerned with us when we bumped your ass out of the playoffs the last two seasons. :oldlol:

Its okay. We're comfortable with where we're at. :oldlol:

RaininTwos
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
I like how you act as if you're the one that doesn't have to be concerned with us when we bumped your ass out of the playoffs the last two seasons. :oldlol:

I didn't even see that, is he at it AGAIN? :facepalm

this dude is SHOOK.

plowking
10-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Ok, I'm have ask the reasonable members of ISH to stop underrating Ray Allen and overrating Battier/Miller/etc...those guys are not and I don't remember a time where they have ever been near Ray Allen's level of shooting....ever.

I honestly think dude will average over 11 ppg with ease. He's going to get the most space he's ever had and it will be up to him, the greatest three point shooter of all time, to hit relatively easy shots. Now I am not saying that he's going to be wide open in the corner camping, but I don't how defenses are going to keep a man on him while keeping Bosh/Bron and Wade in check. That's just too much in my opinion. You have to give up something and Ray shooting with late contests will be a regular thing.

Realistically, he will have slumps, but what's yin without the yang? Dude will also have moments, not just singular games mind you, where he will be unstoppable. A couple of 20+,25+ nights where he will remind of his past days and how great of a shooter he is and was.

Great pickup and if I was Spo, I'm definitely playing lineups with Bosh at center and Bron at PF in the 4th quarter.

I cannot wait to see a lineup like this:

Wade
Allen
Battier
Bron
Bosh

down the stretch. That would be SICK.

Asking if anyone has had a season comparable to Allen in terms of 3 point shooting will leave you coming up short, but Miller more so than Battier has had some amazing shooting seasons himself. Mainly going unnoticed due to the team he was doing it on, but that makes it impressive enough as there was no one to take pressure off him either.
Obviously not as good as Allen, but very good none the less.

EDIT: It'd be interesting to see if he can crack 50% from 3pt land. Although with the way they've been playing him, it seems as though hes handling the ball quite a bit in our system... Either way...

LakersReign
10-12-2012, 12:41 AM

Please. Love it how ISH posters say stuff like that, only cuz they already know mods don't have the ability to check IP's, the admin does. Wanna impress people? Challenge Jeff to do an IP check on you then? But my guess is, you won't:no:

RaininTwos
10-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Asking if anyone has had a season comparable to Allen in terms of 3 point shooting will leave you coming up short, but Miller more so than Battier has had some amazing shooting seasons himself. Mainly going unnoticed due to the team he was doing it on, but that makes it impressive enough as there was no one to take pressure off him either.
Obviously not as good as Allen, but very good none the less.

EDIT: It'd be interesting to see if he can crack 50% from 3pt land. Although with the way they've been playing him, it seems as though hes handling the ball quite a bit in our system... Either way...

I do understand that Miller has had some great shooting seasons while playing for crappy teams which is impressive in it's own right, but he's been so inconsistent for so long that it's hard for me to even picture him healthy and consistently productive in a Heat uniform. Before his back got destroyed, he broke both of his thumbs or some other life altering injury. (seriously, how do you break both of your thumbs?)

With Ray, a legendary player who still has some left in the tank. You guys have a person that can make collapsing or unaware defenses pay more often. I definitely think that he will give them a dimension that they haven't had outside of the end of the Finals when everyone caught fire.

We'll see though.

LA Lakers
10-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth is gonna have the easiest season of his career. No more running through sets trying to get fed on the perimeter. Its gonna be like gym practice out there with Lebron kicking him open looks all day. I hate The Heat...

2swift4u
10-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Ray Allen is going to do what Mike Miller did in game 5 of last years Finals, about 20 times next year. :oldlol: Despite his advanced age and ankle issue, he's still more dependable health wise.

James, Wade, Bosh + the greatest floor spacer of all time in Ray as part of a crunch time lineup? Feelsgoodman.

this. even though he's got some health issues, Allen still is more reliable than any other Heat 3point shooter imo. And we all know that Lebron is going to find him on the floor. I think Allen and Battier will contribute the most. Ever since his shots started to fall Battier has been a great addition to this team. Miller is a good rebounder, but besides that I don't see how he's gonna get more than a couple of minutes every now and then. They say his back is better but I'm not really buying it.

Jax
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Put Lebron as a PG in the 3rdQ, bench Wade for a couple minutes to rest.
Bron, Allen, Mike Miller, Battier, Bosh.
Iso Lebron, and release them triples!!!

All Net
10-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Ray is key this year as for Miami to repeat they will need him and others to hit their outside shots at a high clip.

Money 23
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Iso Lebron, and release them triples!!!
I would do Bron, Allen, Battier, Haslem, Bosh ... but yea, I agree.

Haslem and Bosh can execute high pick and rolls, as well as rebound, Battier and Haslem bring better defense.

But yes, LeBron will have space to drive, and have snipers on the outside for the kick out.

Ray Allen really covers the shooting woes, and holes in D-Wade's game.

Nash
10-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Lebron
Allen
Battier
Lewis
Bosh

Lebron + four 3 point shooters. They should try it sometimes.

TheMarkMadsen
10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Lebron
Allen
Battier
Lewis
Bosh

They tried it for a few years in Cleavland.

Worked pretty well, b2b 60 + win seasons

RRR3
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Lebron
Allen
Battier
Lewis
Bosh

Chalmers
Wade
Allen
James
Bosh

:bowdown:

pegasus
10-12-2012, 12:06 PM
In order for Miami to be even better than they were in the last year's finals, Lebron will have to make his shots, not their shooters.

Miller, Battier, and Chalmers hit their 3-point shots at a ridiculous rate anyway, and Ray will only help them maintain that kind of shooting, but I don't think as a unit they can shoot any better than that.

Lebron, on the other hand, will have to shoot better than 20%, which was his FG % outside the paint last year.

plowking
10-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Lebron, on the other hand, will have to shoot better than 20%, which was his FG % outside the paint last year.

This sentence you produced has 0% truth to it.

JohnnySic
10-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Believe it or not, I'm not the least bit concerned. So Ray Allen will take minutes away from Battier and Miller and Cole. You're gonna see that at this point there really isn't much difference.

RRR3
10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Yes LeBron needs to step up because he really underperformed last year :rolleyes:
Another gem from Pegasus, ISH's GOAT comedian! :bowdown:

RRR3
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Believe it or not, I'm not the least bit concerned. So Ray Allen will take minutes away from Battier and Miller and Cole. You're gonna see that at this point there really isn't much difference.
Cole is horrible and can't shoot. Miller is erratic and always hurt.

plowking
10-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Considering hes a better player than all three of them, yes, there will be a difference.

JohnnySic
10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I didn't even see that, is he at it AGAIN? :facepalm

this dude is SHOOK.
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/myfavoritemoviep1.gif

pegasus
10-12-2012, 12:18 PM

You're right. It was actually 18%, not even 20. 7 for 38 outside the paint.

And it goes up to only %24 (14 for 58) if you include the restricted area. Thank god he got some easy layups and dunks, right?:lol

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#LeBron-James|2544;year=201112;season=p;splitType=team;spl itValue=okc

You guys go ahead and avoid that link like the plague.

plowking
10-12-2012, 12:22 PM

And it goes up to only %24 (14 for 58) if you include the restricted area. Thank god he got some easy layups and dunks, right?:lol

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#LeBron-James|2544;year=201112;season=p;splitType=team;spl itValue=okc

Who said I was talking about the percentages? You said he'd have to shoot better than 20% for us to have a chance. Clearly you're wrong. Its a championship winning formula.

I don't have to avoid anything like the plague. My team won because of his play.

RRR3
10-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Lebrons shot was off in the playoffs but last two years hes shot well from midrange. Peg ignoring that and focusing on bad parts. It's not like Lebron can't score when his shot isn't falling he's great at it.

PJR
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM

The only numbers I see on this link are 30-10-5 on 50% shooting, and a NBA Finals MVP.

RRR3
10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
The only numbers I see on this link are 30-10-5 on 50% shooting, and a NBA Finals MVP.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

ripthekik
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:
using area C - midrange 4-22
area D- corner 3 1-2
Area E- 3 pointer 2-14

we get = 7/38 which comes to 18.4%

KING BRON :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

chips93
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM

:biggums:

over one series? you're kidding right?

if you use a bigger sample size (like any sane person would), like say the entire playoffs, he shot 32% from outside the paint.

RRR3
10-12-2012, 12:28 PM

if you use a bigger sample size (like any sane person would), like the entire playoffs, he shot 32% from outside the paint.
And that's still skewed his shot was off most of the playoffs and he didn't rely on jumpers most of the playoffs

ripthekik
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM

if you use a bigger sample size (like any sane person would), like say the entire playoffs, he shot 32% from outside the paint.
but hey, it's the finals, the biggest stage, the most important series.

NOW if we put his shooting % outside the paint from 2011 and 2012, that would be interesting :applause: :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Ray Allen shouldn't come anywhere near the 6th Man award if the Heat's season goes well. He's there to hit game-winners. If the Heat ask him to play 25+ mpg they're going to wear him down and he'll end the season hurt over there just like he did here. In the regular season they should only ask him to back up Wade.

Kingwillball
10-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Cole should be alot better and more confident this year along with Chalmers makes an underrated one/two punch at PG for the HEat. If Miller is HEalthy(ier) that is also a big boost. Of Course Ray Ray being HEalthy will be Huge but the Biggest thing is for Dwade to be healthy cause a Healthy Lebron and Wade makes for an almost unstoppable Heat team.

Money 23
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Biggest thing is for Dwade to be healthy cause a Healthy Lebron and Wade makes for an almost unstoppable Heat team.
Did you see the preseason game v.s. Clipps?

Besides the jumpers being off, Wade and LeBron looked great. Especially defensively.

LeBron was looking more limber and even quicker than he did in 2012, which in itself was an improvement from 2011 when he was plodding and slow.

Mr. Incredible
10-12-2012, 01:43 PM
The haters ITT.

:roll:

Going to be a long season for them.

LakersReign
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Ray Allen shouldn't come anywhere near the 6th Man award if the Heat's season goes well. He's there to hit game-winners. If the Heat ask him to play 25+ mpg they're going to wear him down and he'll end the season hurt over there just like he did here. In the regular season they should only ask him to back up Wade.

Yeah, this dream scenario where both he and Wade are going to put up ridiculous numbers is just that. People seem to forget that there still has to be enough touches for not only Lebron, but Bosh/Chalmers/Battier/Lewis as well. The ideal would be as you said, play Ray as a backup to Wade.

RRR3
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Did you see the preseason game v.s. Clipps?

Besides the jumpers being off, Wade and LeBron looked great. Especially defensively.

LeBron was looking more limber and even quicker than he did in 2012, which in itself was an improvement from 2011 when he was plodding and slow.
True. But in 2011 LeBron's jumper was really good. He became overly reliant on it, though, and that came back to bite him in the Finals when it stopped falling and he lost all his confidence (my theory at least, his finals is still kind of inexplicable as JVG said). Last year his jumper was good the first half of the year, less so in the 2nd half and really fell off in the playoffs. Luckily, he was able to find other ways to score as you said, but I'd like to see a happy medium between jumpshooting LeBron and drive to the hoop LeBron. If his jumper is on and he still has the drive, stuff like game 6 against Boston happens :bowdown: Hopefully he shoots more consistently this season.

pegasus
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Who said I was talking about the percentages? You said he'd have to shoot better than 20% for us to have a chance. Clearly you're wrong. Its a championship winning formula.

I don't have to avoid anything like the plague. My team won because of his play.

Backpedaling at its worst:applause:

I said that in order for them to shoot even better than they did in the finals, Lebron would have to shoot better, not their shooters who were already excellent. I didn't say "for them to have a chance". So you were obviously referring to his FG%.

Just admit it, you thought your idol shot better than that. I know, it's shocking that they still won, but that's what happens when you surround yourself with ridiculous amount of talent and leave the rest to the refs. And to think that some of you fools tried to act like he had a historic finals series:roll:

Was he great in the earlier series? Yes. Was he anything special in the finals? I'll let you answer that one.

HEAT111
10-12-2012, 02:58 PM

Don't worry, Pittman won't break nash's nose again. :roll: :roll:

KingBeasley08
10-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Lebron can shoot 20% from outside the paint all he wants if he shoots at the same percentage he did from in the paint last year :bowdown: :bowdown:

Over 60% while taking a lot more shots there too :bowdown:

Kurosawa0
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Ray is definitely the 6th man on Miami, but I doubt he'll win the award. He'll probably average somewhere between 10-15 points a game. Now, that's a huge improvement for Miami, but probably not enough to be the best in the league. I still think Harden has the inside track.

imdaman99
10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
oh, so i guess battier was a scrub. he was the one who guarded durant for most of the series :facepalm

BlackVVaves
10-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Dude gets hit with the stats then starts moonwalking all over the place :roll:

EnoughSaid
10-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Ray can play about 20 MPG and not have to worry about contributing big on offense. He was one of the 3 main offensive options in Boston. Here he is arguably only 4th. I just want to see him on the floor with the Big 3 and Lewis.

imdaman99
10-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Lebron
Allen
Battier
Lewis
Bosh

sure, the suns and cavs won many championships that way :bowdown:

RRR3
10-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Dude gets hit with the stats then starts moonwalking all over the place :roll:
Who?

longtime lurker
10-12-2012, 06:47 PM
oh, so i guess battier was a scrub. he was the one who guarded durant for most of the series :facepalm

You didn't hear. Lebron apparently won the title playing 1 on 5. The single greatest exploit in NB..... no human history!