PDA

View Full Version : Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

hipballinjigga
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz292JiguJ3

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-smush-parker/

9erempiree
10-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Who's this Smush Parker guy?

Thank Kobe for making him relevant again.

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
It's no secret at all that Kobe's a dickhead. Always has been, always will be.

It's also no secret that Smush wasn't a good player. However, he has every right to air his own dirty laundry. I'd love Smush to just come out at some point and talk about exactly what was going on on that Lakers team.

G-Funk
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
"told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."

That nikka is just sensitive, He should have never called Kobe overrated

StroShow4
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Really, nothing more need be said. Yet this thread will go 50 pages.

crisoner
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Old news Parker said all this stuff a long time a go.

And go check Jordan's track record on his relationship with teammates. Same crap.

hipballinjigga
10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I think the whole "hating" on Smush Parker as a basketball player and not being good is kind of tough.

He actually averaged pretty decent numbers while he played on those teams. I understand that numbers do not show the number of bone headed plays he made, but he was a very serviceable NBA player.

There is a lot of serviceable basketball players that come and go. He is just one of them. However he does not deserve the hate from Kobe Bryant.

Don't blame your own faults as a basketball player on other players. If you are truly as great as you say, you need to back it up with your playing and not your cocky mouth.

magnax1
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Regardless of whether Kobe is a dick or not, Parker was not really NBA caliber. Third string point guard maybe, but he was not capable of running an NBA offense or bringing any sort of positive offensive or defensive play, as evidenced by the fact that he was gone only a season or two after he left LA before he even showed any sort of decline.

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I think the whole "hating" on Smush Parker as a basketball player and not being good is kind of tough.

He actually averaged pretty decent numbers while he played on those teams. I understand that numbers do not show the number of bone headed plays he made, but he was a very serviceable NBA player.

There is a lot of serviceable basketball players that come and go. He is just one of them. However he does not deserve the hate from Kobe Bryant.

Don't blame your own faults as a basketball player on other players. If you are truly as great as you say, you need to back it up with your playing and not your cocky mouth.

Wait what? Are you referring to Smush or Kobe?

daily
10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Old news Parker said all this stuff a long time a go.

And go check Jordan's track record on his relationship with teammates. Same crap. Sensitive much? You're like Kobe's own personal online body guard

"And go check Jordan's track record on his relationship with teammates"

How old are you?

avonbarksdale
ok do u want a nice guy who sucks or a dick whos top 10 all time and won you 5 rings??

who cares about kobe's attitude

longtime lurker
Parker wasn't really an NBA caliber point guard as evidence by how he was out of the league when he went to Miami. I think there's always been beef between them so Kobe is just letting it out :confusedshrug:

blacknapalm
idk, i find it kind of funny how kobe is taking so many shots at smush over the last couple years. like he's not even asked about the guy...he just brings it up. i think he likes seeing his response and tormenting him in some weird way :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM
For an overweight scrub, Smush sure does talk a lot.

daily
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
idk, i find it kind of funny how kobe is taking so many shots at smush over the last couple years. like he's not even asked about the guy...he just brings it up. i think he likes seeing his response and tormenting him in some weird way :oldlol:I'm a huge Kobe fan but this should be below him. He's made it, he's a big named player destined to go down as one of the greatest to ever step on the court yet he still gets into these petty moments where he feels the need to step on some no-names throat just because he can

AlphaWolf24
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
BluntBE

(Love the honesty and pure bluntness of Kobe)

TyroneNBAFan
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Can't say I'm surprised.

We all know about Kobe's attitude and that he and Smush never got along.

Smush should be smart about it and write a book. He'd make a lot of money, or get sued for defamation of character...either way he should get his story out there.

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Can't say I'm surprised.

We all know about Kobe's attitude and that he and Smush never got along.

Smush should be smart about it and write a book. He'd make a lot of money, or get sued for defamation of character...either way he should get his story out there.

Exactly. And if he got sued, it's be a ton of free publicity: "Read the book that Kobe doesn't want you to see!" I want to know the full story, dammit.

EricForman
10-11-2012, 08:02 PM
i respect kobe's greatness but god, he is so spoiled when it comes to having great teammates. basically, of his 15 year career, only 2 years he had a cast which could be classified as below average. the other 13, his cast has ranged from pretty good to completely stacked.

really, let it go kobe. guys like lebron and GP and tmac have played with casts just as bad, for much longer.

GP made the playoffs with Shard Lewis, Ansu Sesay, Ruben Patteson, Brent Barry, and earl watson as a top 6 rotation guy. GP ran with that squad 3 years. Even he didn't cry like Kobe.

ihoopallday
10-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I get Kobe doesn't care too much about the media hating him, but why's he acting so classless and childish. It's been over 6 years since you played with Smush, why's he bringing it up again. It's good he's honest and all, but some things should just be said in private. No need to belittle Smush.

swi7ch
10-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Smush is irrelevant these days so what does he do? He talks bad about Kobe. Now he's relevant again. :applause:

Clifton
10-11-2012, 08:16 PM

Really, nothing more need be said. Yet this thread will go 50 pages.
No people really need to get this. People need to understand that Kobe is a poisonously bad human being and that it takes his team almost as many steps back as his sheer skill and talent bring it forward.

I have never heard anything like that before. I have played with huge egos, and of course all the greats have huge egos. 40 year old MJ called Kwame Brown a "flaming f@gg0t" once. But that's nothing like the smoldering disdain that Kobe has for everyone besides himself that isn't intensity, and not even ego, but a guy whose soul has turned into a black hole.

And people are like "well he won a title recently, and one time I remember he only took 2 shots in the first half of a game, he was passing, so, um, he gels with his teammates now, big props to Kobe!"

Nick Young
10-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-smush-parker/
kobe was right:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ihoopallday
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Smush is irrelevant these days so what does he do? He talks bad about Kobe. Now he's relevant again. :applause:

:facepalm Kobe was the one who started all this nonsense. Oh well, you guys will defend him regardless of what he does.

Nick Young
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm a huge Kobe fan but this should be below him. He's made it, he's a big named player destined to go down as one of the greatest to ever step on the court yet he still gets into these petty moments where he feels the need to step on some no-names throat just because he can
it's true, smush parker cost Kobe valuble championship years and MVP years.

In other words Kobe was playing all-time great level basketball and should have been contending for trophies but was surrounded by scrubs like Mihm, Brown, Walton and Smush Parker.

If it wasn't for smush parker, Kobe could have had 7 rings by now and 2 more MVPs.

Clifton
10-11-2012, 08:20 PM
kobe was right:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Consider the kinds of perimeter players the Spurs are a perennial title threat with. Roger Mason? Something Green? I can't even remember any of their names. Many of them wouldn't make most teams' rosters. They have Matt Bonner start at C a lot of the time. And who is Kuwai Leonard, and why is he in the NBA, nevermind starting? They make it work because everyone feels like a superstar, or at least like something valuable, on the Spurs. Nobody feels like that on the Lakers, not even all-stars, and it's obvious whenever you watch the Lakers play that the only guys who have ever felt like good players who played with Kobe were Shaq and Derek Fisher (because he will never let anybody convince him that he's actually not very good. It's amazing really.)

KingMichael23
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I get Kobe doesn't care too much about the media hating him, but why's he acting so classless and childish. It's been over 6 years since you played with Smush, why's he bringing it up again. It's good he's honest and all, but some things should just be said in private. No need to belittle Smush.
I think it's cause Smush dissed him in a interview he had first. Kobe didn't talk about Smush until now.

lakerspng
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
talk to him about what though exactly?

If Kobe's saying you can't even talk to me, you're below me in a normal two guys talking sense... that's weak.

If Kobe's saying don't talk to me about how to play or how to run the team, etc in that context, then yeah Smush doesn't have enough under his belt to talk to him about that.

Never heard anything but positive about Kobe from the many people I know who have met him or worked with him... find it a little farfetched with no context. was told directly from a former NBA front office guy, Kobe was the best guy to work with out of anyone he dealt with on the regular. Patient, understanding and always lived up to his obligations without bitching or complaining like the majority of players.

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I think it's cause Smush dissed him in a interview he had first. Kobe didn't talk about Smush until now.

Kobe continuously brings him up. It's gotten to the point where it's embarrassing to see Kobe acting like this.

coin24
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Fu*k smush parker:lol
Scrub.

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM
If a guy who was a million times better than you told you that you suck (and it was true), would you have nice things to say about him? People are taking too much from this.

Kblaze8855
10-11-2012, 08:30 PM
told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him.

If he had that big a problem with it he should have done something then and there. Not bring it up in the media years later. Bill cartwright told Jordan he would break his legs when he disrespected him.

KingMichael23
10-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Kobe continuously brings him up. It's gotten to the point where it's embarrassing to see Kobe acting like this.
When did he bring up Smush before?

KyrieTheFuture
10-11-2012, 08:37 PM
So Smush is a ***** and Kobe is a ****. 2 things I knew already.

Xiao Yao You
i respect kobe's greatness but god, he is so spoiled when it comes to having great teammates. basically, of his 15 year career, only 2 years he had a cast which could be classified as below average.

And that was his own doing! He thought he could do it alone and found out otherwise and he tries to blame it on his former teammates and the front office. Typical Kobe!

zass
the honeybadger doesn't give a F, it just do whatever he wants to.

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 08:40 PM
When did he bring up Smush before?

Here's one from 2011:

http://gotemcoach.com/post/14220866075/the-realest-kobe-is-the-kobe-that-swears-kobes

[QUOTE]

blacknapalm
10-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Here's one from 2011:

http://gotemcoach.com/post/14220866075/the-realest-kobe-is-the-kobe-that-swears-kobes

pretty sure he brought him up at his UCSB camp a couple years ago too. or maybe that was kwame...but he certainly doesn't shy away from bringing it up

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 08:42 PM
From 2009, talking about Deron's situation of being elite and not surrounded by enough talent, and if it was similar to his situation before:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/04/lakers-practice-lets-talk-about-rebounding-fouls-shannon-brown-trevor-ariza-and-mario-lopez.html#more

"It's not even close. They don't even have Smush Parker on (that) team. It's not even close."

SpecialQue
10-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Another 2011, when discussing Melo:

http://isaiahpaviacruz.blogspot.com/2011/01/kobe-comments-on-carmelo-destroys-smush.html

[QUOTE]Kobe: Then Denver will make the right decisions, bring in the right personnel and he

daily
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM
it's true, smush parker cost Kobe valuble championship years and MVP years.

In other words Kobe was playing all-time great level basketball and should have been contending for trophies but was surrounded by scrubs like Mihm, Brown, Walton and Smush Parker.

If it wasn't for smush parker, Kobe could have had 7 rings by now and 2 more MVPs.Stop typing.

blacknapalm
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM
http://p.twimg.com/A48lPyKCEAEtOfR.jpg

tmacattack33
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't really know what the F Kobe is talking about. He wasn't the runner up, or even second runner up, to Nash for MVP in 2006.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2006.html

1. Nash: 924
2. Lebron: 688
3. Dirk: 544
4. Kobe: 483
5. Billups: 430

...he was barely ahead of Chauncey Billups. LOL.

SpecialQue
I'm not going to post any more links, but the point is that Kobe's consistently brought up Smush as a reference for his horrendous supporting cast. It's a dick move and one that he should be above.

Mach_3
Damn Kobe hates Smush, i wonder what happened between the two. Smush probably sonned him in practice or something for Kobe to keep bringing him up like that :lol

Heavincent
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Here's one from 2011:

lol at Kobe arguing with that dipshit reporter.

Kobe: And you know more about basketball than I do?
Reporter: I can argue that. You may know how to play better.
Kobe :rolleyes:

lakerspng
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
only two people who know what the deal is, are Kobe and Smush, and they probably both see it differently as well.

Kobe obviously has a thing against him. Has to be something personal. He's played with plenty of bad players who he doesn't bring up. We'll never know.

9erempiree
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
He is very much as garbage as Kobe says he is. It's one thing to suck but it's another not to care and let yourself get into that shape.

He's a supposed a professional athlete?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/534233/Smush_Parker.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Damn Kobe hates Smush, i wonder what happened between the two. Smush probably sonned him in practice or something for Kobe to keep bringing him up like that :lol
smush started bad mouthing kobe to the media a while ago, so you can put your retarded assumptions to rest.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
He is very much as garbage as Kobe says he is. It's one thing to suck but it's another not to care and let yourself get into that shape.

wow.

HardwoodLegend
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM

He looks like a WNBA player now, bitchtits and all :lol

But, in fairness, he went from a pro athlete to a depressed semi-pro. That explains the weight gain.

TheBigVeto
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM

A team should hire Smush Parker and have him beat the crap out of Kobe when they play the Lakers. It would be a good thing.

tmacattack33
10-11-2012, 09:06 PM
So...enough about S Parker...what about Kwame Brown and C. Mihm?

9erempiree
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
You guys have to remember that Smush was a nobody and basically was given a chance by basketball royalty.

He got the chance to play with a legend of this game, Kobe, and he got to play for Riley.

If those two have nothing good to say about him, it just shows you who he truly is as a professional ball player.

Mach_3
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
smush started bad mouthing kobe to the media a while ago, so you can put your retarded assumptions to rest.

Aww someone is visibly upset. isn't that cute

why did smush bad mouth him in the first place?

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I think it's also nature for superstar to feel the need to talk back more trash about another players who is inferior to him...

This isn't just basketball, but other sports too. I've seen it in soccer, cricket, basketball, hockey, football (god damn, it's crazy how much trash they talk) etc... Kobe's always been an ass, but I don't really blame him for this when Parker started it.

RaininTwos
10-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I think it's also nature for superstar to feel the need to talk back more trash about another players who is inferior to him...

This isn't just basketball, but other sports too. I've seen it in soccer, cricket, basketball, hockey, football (god damn, it's crazy how much trash they talk) etc... Kobe's always been an ass, but I don't really blame him for this when Parker started it.

Even if you feel that way, lying isn't acceptable. Smush is not the worst player he's ever played with. Kobe's the same dude that played with Slava Mevendenko and Samaki Walker:rolleyes:

C'mon son. He shouldn't have even responded.

The Mamba
10-11-2012, 09:39 PM

This isn't just basketball, but other sports too. I've seen it in soccer, cricket, basketball, hockey, football (god damn, it's crazy how much trash they talk) etc
Well yea, it's pro sports. Alphas of the alphas, all going at it. For money no less. The teeth will come out. Verbal blows will be thrown. I wouldn't want it any other way, though. That's what makes it entertainment.

I don't know what came first in this, the chicken or the egg. I do know Smush was a capable NBA player in 2006, worse in 2007, and gone from the league by 2008 or 2009.

He was a solid defender, who could hit the open 3 ball. But I also know he made a lot of bone head plays, had a visible bad attitude with the Jay Cutler-esque faces he'd make on the sidelines or with teammates on the court.

Smush started all this back in 2008 or 2009 taking shots at Kobe through a Rucker interview. Was what he said true? Yes, I'm sure Kobe's quite an egotistical dick when it comes to basketball. Specifically with those 2006 and 2007 Laker teams, where the only truly competent teammates were Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, of all people.

Kobe, since that interview has gone extra hard on Smush. Sometimes for no reason at all, he will willingly bring him into the conversation in order to throw him under the bus.

Now, with players like Kobe / MJ ... I don't mind if you do this stuff behind closed doors, but to take it to the media is asinine. Kobe only makes himself look bad. At 33 / 34 years he old, he should be way more mature than this by this point in his life and career.

That man Smush couldn't hack it in the league, he probably feels terrible about it. And he's now rotting in Euroleague somewhere, as a lard ass combo guard.

No need to rub it in Mamba, you're a legend in the business. An all-time great, we don't need you stomping an NBA nobody when he's down. Even if he tried to engage you with verbal back talk.

And seriously, it isn't Smush fault you didn't win MVPs in 2006 and 2007. What's with the insecurity lately from Kobe? It's reaching Shaq like levels. He's still visibly bitter he only has one MVP trophy. Even engaging now teammate Steve Nash to get into verbal combat over it.

:oldlol:

Chillbe

As for Smush, he needs to shut his mouth too. He should just say he wasn't the ideal teammate as it pertains to personality / chemistry issues, but then say it was great to rub elbows with greatness in his career, call it a day and move on from the subject.

As for the statement about Kobe not willing to talk to him? It depends on the context. If he literally means as a teammate, and man to man as human beings he wouldn't engage him given his lack of a quality NBA resume? That's down right cruel.

But I tend to believe it was actually Kobe not willing to take on court basketball advice from Smush, given his overall worth / experience in comparison to Kobe as a player. That sounds more believable.

Either way, it's entertaining. Albeit embarrassing for both parties involved.

AirTupac
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Smush Parker is like Meg from family guy.

Shut up meg...

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Even if you feel that way, lying isn't acceptable. Smush is not the worst player he's ever played with. Kobe's the same dude that played with Slava Mevendenko and Samaki Walker:rolleyes:

C'mon son. He shouldn't have even responded.

It's Kobe.

What's the first thing popped out from his mouth when he won a 5th ring ? "I got 1 more than Shaq".

If he's going to keep grudge about a player like Shaq, he's going to keep a grudge about a bum like Parker.

As for the worst player thing, I don't think at times players keep things in context... doubt Kobe would when he's pissed at someone. He forgot about dudes like Kwame Brown, Laron Profit, Brian Cook etc.. I'm sure not on purpose (or he just forget they exist).

Well yea, it's pro sports. Alphas of the alphas, all going at it. For money no less. The teeth will come out. Verbal blows will be thrown. I wouldn't want it any other way, though. That's what makes it entertainment.

I don't know what came first in this, the chicken or the egg. I do know Smush was a capable NBA player in 2006, worse in 2007, and gone from the league by 2008 or 2009.

He was a solid defender, who could hit the open 3 ball. But I also know he made a lot of bone head plays, had a visible bad attitude with the Jay Cutler-esque faces he'd make on the sidelines or with teammates on the court.

Smush started all this back in 2008 or 2009 taking shots at Kobe through a Rucker interview. Was what he said true? Yes, I'm sure Kobe's quite an egotistical dick when it comes to basketball. Specifically with those 2006 and 2007 Laker teams, where the only truly competent teammates were Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, of all people.

Kobe, since that interview has gone extra hard on Smush. Sometimes for no reason at all, he will willingly bring him into the conversation in order to throw him under the bus.

Now, with players like Kobe / MJ ... I don't mind if you do this stuff behind closed doors, but to take it to the media is asinine. Kobe only makes himself look bad. At 33 / 34 years he old, he should be way more mature than this by this point in his life and career.

That man Smush couldn't hack it in the league, he probably feels terrible about it. And he's now rotting in Euroleague somewhere, as a lard ass combo guard.

No need to rub it in Mamba, you're a legend in the business. An all-time great, we don't need you stomping an NBA nobody when he's down. Even if he tried to engage you with verbal back talk.

And seriously, it isn't Smush fault you didn't win MVPs in 2006 and 2007. What's with the insecurity lately from Kobe? It's reaching Shaq like levels. He's still visibly bitter he only has one MVP trophy. Even engaging now teammate Steve Nash to get into verbal combat over it.

Chillbe

As for Smush, he needs to shut his mouth too. He should just say he wasn't the ideal teammate as it pertains to personality / chemistry issues, but then say it was great to rub elbows with greatness in his career, call it a day and move on from the subject.

As for the statement about Kobe not willing to talk to him? It depends on the context. If he literally means as a teammate, and man to man as human beings he wouldn't engage him given his lack of a quality NBA resume? That's down right cruel.

But I tend to believe it was actually Kobe not willing to take on court basketball advice from Smush, given his overall worth / experience in comparison to Kobe as a player. That sounds more believable.

Either way, it's entertaining. Albeit embarrassing for both parties involved.

I agree with most of what you said, but that's the thing... I don't think Kobe does care about being PC. The man is human and not you, me, or someone on here is him. We don't know how he feels about these things no matter how professional he's been in the past.

I'm not even surprised one bit about these things. Sooner or later, things just come out in the open... My view point is "what took so long ?".

TheBigVeto
10-11-2012, 10:08 PM
lol at Kobe arguing with that dipshit reporter.

Kobe: And you know more about basketball than I do?
Reporter: I can argue that. You may know how to play better.
Kobe :rolleyes:

Kobe got pwned.

Chrono90
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
kobes being real blunt these days but the things he says are true. its not out of his ass.

scm5
10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Yea... Kobe doesn't talk to his teammates. :rolleyes:

What about Ariza? When he came to the Lakers, Ariza was pretty much a scrub. Kobe took him under his wing and taught him how to shoot. Ariza and Kobe had a little bromance thing going on for a while, even after Ariza left LA.

avonbarksdale
10-11-2012, 10:35 PM
this guys a ****ing scrub who cares. kobe has earned the right to say whatever he wants about whoever whenever, when smush wins 5 rings he can chirp kobe to the media all day

jjayfive
10-12-2012, 12:26 AM

since NBA contracts are guaranteed, I would've decked Kobe if he pulled this crap on me... (if it were true)

The Iron Fist
10-12-2012, 12:31 AM

compare his numbers with LA and without. Kobe made him. He was never serviceable. just utter trash.

therammingman
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
wow.

holy shit he got fat as ****. jesus ****ing christ. omg.

DKLaker
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM

It's also no secret that Smush wasn't a good player. However, he has every right to air his own dirty laundry. I'd love Smush to just come out at some point and talk about exactly what was going on on that Lakers team.

Kobe's not a dickhead at all.
Smush is a complete scrub who has no right saying anyone is overrated, much less Kobe. Kobe is right.....Kwame, Smush.....are you kidding me? The team wasted years of his career with those losers.

GoRapz
10-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Gawdbe :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kobe 4 The Win
10-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Parker, who's currently working at Chucky Cheese, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

fixed

KOBE143
10-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Who's this Scrub Parker? :confusedshrug:

Lakers Legend#32
10-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Smush Parker? Don't recall the name.

D.J.
10-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Kobe was a big time diva back then, so Smush isn't inaccurate with what he's saying. Kobe was very difficult to deal with. In regards to Smush's play, playing with Kobe made him look relevant. He got open looks because Kobe was double teamed almost the second he touched the ball, sometimes even triple teamed. His point production more or less doubled. He never averaged more than 6 PPG at any other point and the season after he left the Lakers was his last.

Chris Mihm went through the same thing before he went down. He averaged around 10 PPG with Kobe while averaging 7 and change at best without him. His increased production isn't as noticable, but he too got open looks because of the attention Kobe commanded. Luke Walton was another one. Several players looked relevant because they played alongside Kobe at his offensive peak.

cranincu
10-12-2012, 03:13 AM
i woudnt want smush talking to me either.

funny even scrub ass kwame is his boy even though kobe rags on him so much

Nevaeh
10-12-2012, 07:15 AM
It's Kobe.

What's the first thing popped out from his mouth when he won a 5th ring ? "I got 1 more than Shaq".

If he's going to keep grudge about a player like Shaq, he's going to keep a grudge about a bum like Parker.

As for the worst player thing, I don't think at times players keep things in context... doubt Kobe would when he's pissed at someone. He forgot about dudes like Kwame Brown, Laron Profit, Brian Cook etc.. I'm sure not on purpose (or he just forget they exist).

I agree with most of what you said, but that's the thing... I don't think Kobe does care about being PC. The man is human and not you, me, or someone on here is him. We don't know how he feels about these things no matter how professional he's been in the past.

I'm not even surprised one bit about these things. Sooner or later, things just come out in the open... My view point is "what took so long ?".

Reality is finally setting in for Kobe that he was never as good as he thought he was, so the bitterness is setting in. Peeps here at ISH keep bringing out the cold hard facts on how he never measured up to the hype (voted behind Billups in MVP voting. Damn....) and Kobe, now looking back on his career and not really foward as much, simply can't handle it.

He now has a teammate ranked higher than him league wide, and another one with more MVPs than him, one of which Kobe implied should have been won by him, had he had better teammates. N!gga, you wasn't winning them with great teammates, so why whine about not winning some with Smush?
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

kurple
10-12-2012, 07:23 AM
this is why i cant respect kobe.

10-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Yet another reason why athletes are getting too much special treatment.

Imagine having a co worker like Kobe in your office, never talking to you because he thinks he is too good to talk to you. Or throwing another co worker under the bus for whatever politics going on between them two.

Seriously, if he wasn't a basketball player, Kobe would be perpetually unemployed with his attitude.

longtime lurker
10-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Reality is finally setting in for Kobe that he was never as good as he thought he was, so the bitterness is setting in. Peeps here at ISH keep bringing out the cold hard facts on how he never measured up to the hype (voted behind Billups in MVP voting. Damn....) and Kobe, now looking back on his career and not really foward as much, simply can't handle it.

He now has a teammate ranked higher than him league wide, and another one with more MVPs than him, one of which Kobe implied should have been won by him, had he had better teammates. N!gga, you wasn't winning them with great teammates, so why whine about not winning some with Smush?

And if anyone knows about bitterness its this guy. So much butthurt in this thread over Smush frickin Parker. Its obvious there's a beef between him and Kobe cuz Kobe singled him out despite having many terrible teammates those years. Besides Kobe isn't saying anything that every media outlet and fan aside from irrational haters wasn't saying. The man needed more help and was playing with a roster of hot garbage.

JellyBean
10-12-2012, 08:05 AM
So Smush is mad at Kobe for telling the truth? :confusedshrug: Kobe was trying to elevate his teammates to play better, try harder, think and play beyond just being average, and Smush is mad? If Kobe is wrong about Smush, why is Smush playing overseas? Why couldn't he get any time anywhere else in the league?

Nevaeh
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
So Smush is mad at Kobe for telling the truth? :confusedshrug: Kobe was trying to elevate his teammates to play better, try harder, think and play beyond just being average, and Smush is mad? If Kobe is wrong about Smush, why is Smush playing overseas? Why couldn't he get any time anywhere else in the league?

Maybe he just realized overseas players aren't selfish shot jacking jagg-offs who only seek personal glory, at the expense of their teammates?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/confusedshrug.gif

Oh snap, I just realized I threw poster Euroleague some love with this post.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Ah f@ck it, it's almost the weekend right?
:cheers:

#number6ix#
10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
It's not smush Parker fault Kobe didn't win MVP as the star player on the team it was Kobe's job to make his teammates better but instead he choose to shot jack and put them down

lakerspng
10-12-2012, 10:10 AM
wow there are really pathetic haters running amuck in here. Do you guys actually read what you type? Some of it is just ludicrous.

Sarcastic
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM

Imagine having a co worker like Kobe in your office, never talking to you because he thinks he is too good to talk to you. Or throwing another co worker under the bus for whatever politics going on between them two.

Seriously, if he wasn't a basketball player, Kobe would be perpetually unemployed with his attitude.

Kobe isn't some co-worker at the office. The better comparison is to a rock star.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 10:50 AM

Didn't live up to the hype? He's a consensus top 10 player of all time. Give me a ****ing break :oldlol:

Your hatred for Kobe is laughable.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Maybe he just realized overseas players aren't selfish shot jacking jagg-offs who only seek personal glory, at the expense of their teammates?

Yeah, it must really suck being Kobe's teammate and winning all of those championships.

The reality is that Smush wasn't good enough to play in the NBA. lol at you acting like there's any other reason. You're pathetic dude :oldlol:

Money 23
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Didn't live up to the hype? He's a consensus top 10 player of all time.
Kobe is arguably on the verge of being kicked out, very shortly

1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Wilt
4) Russell
5) Magic
6) Bird
7) Shaq
8) Hakeem
9) Duncan
10) Kobe

If LeBron gets another MVP (4 total) and another ring (2 total) as the best player for the Heat again this season. Kobe's possibly on the verge to be on the outside looking in at the top ten of all-time.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM

1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Wilt
4) Russell
5) Magic
6) Bird
7) Shaq
8) Hakeem
9) Duncan
10) Kobe

If LeBron gets another MVP (4 total) and another ring (2 total) as the best player for the Heat again this season. Kobe's possibly on the verge to be on the outside looking in at the top ten of all-time.

I disagree. He's number 7 on my list.

It's absurd to say he didn't live up to the hype. Yeah, he won 5 rings and has countless accolades, what a disappointing career.

chazzy
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I never realized Smush had a fanbase made up entirely of Jordan stans

Money 23
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I disagree. He's number 7 on my list.
You have him ranked ahead of who exactly? And where would you rank LeBron if the guy gets another MVP and ring this season?

absurd to say he didn't live up to the hype.
I never said all that ...

He's pretty clearly the second best SG to ever play the game.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 11:55 AM
You have him ranked ahead of who exactly? And where would you rank LeBron if the guy gets another MVP and ring this season?

I never said all that ...

He's pretty clearly the second best SG to ever play the game.

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Shaq
6. Wilt
7. Bird/Kobe
8. Kobe/Bird
9. Duncan
10. Hakeem

I'd probably put Lebron at the 10 spot if he won a ring this season, knocking Hakeem out. MVP's don't really mean anything to me. Steve Nash has just as many MVP's as Shaq and Kobe combined, so yeah...pretty much irrelevant to me.

Meticode
10-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Who the f*ck is Smush Parker?

kNIOKAS
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Smush getting hated on because he left all Laker fans in dirt, when they started off by overrating him as second coming of Kobe, and then basically Lakers threw him out. So Lakers fans feel they're oblige to bring back the justice and murk Smush in dirt. Yeah right.

And this is nothing unexpected of Kobe. Same old.

LakersReign
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Oh snap, I just realized I threw poster Euroleague some love with this post.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Ah f@ck it, it's almost the weekend right?

You do realize that Iverson and Marbury are both playing overseas as well....right? So...according to your logic, that must mean they still have game, like they did back in the day....then....huh? And if Smush was doing so well, why is it that people only seek him out to comment when Kobe says something about him? See....they WILLINGLY post b.s. like that, then wonder why people don't take them, or a thing they say seriously. GTFOH:roll:

AlphaWolf24
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM

:lol please tell us what Businesses you have turned into asset gaining machine's???

the cut throat attitude and Focus/work ethic Lord GawDBE has displayed would gaurantee him a Overhead Role in a Fortune 500 company...

Kobe would be the CEO not a damn co worker in the mailroom with likes much of yourself

psst...

next

ripthekik
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM

1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Wilt
4) Russell
5) Magic
6) Bird
7) Shaq
8) Hakeem
9) Duncan
10) Kobe

And if Kobe won the ring this year with FMVP and Lebron lost?
Tell me what would your rankings be?

crisoner
10-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Who the f*ck is Smush Parker?

Something Snookie likes to do if you give her alcohol.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/04/26/snooki_370x278.jpg

Magic 32
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Man, this thread is like a haters reunion party, class of 2005.

Money 23
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
And if Kobe won the ring this year with FMVP and Lebron lost?
Tell me what would your rankings be?
The exact same. Kobe has the most stacked roster in the league.

And I'd know the entire reason he got to the Finals, was once again due to his team's additions of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.

ripthekik
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM

And I'd know the entire reason he got to the Finals, was once again due to his team's additions of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.
Apply that to Lebron.
He had the most stacked roster in 2012. He only got to the finals because of joining Wade and Bosh. Why did Lebron's rank went up? :confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
10-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Bryant trashed Parker so Parker fired back. If we can sit in front of the computer and say guys that would beat us 100/100 times one-on-one suck then Parker can fire back when he gets dissed by Bryant.

What's up with
though? How can a pro ballplayer, especially a guard who needs to be as quick and explosive as possible, get into such shape? If I was Bryant I wouldn't be calling him ut like this but I would be irritated at management when they brought in a guy with this kind of work ethic.

Money 23
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Apply that to Lebron.
He had the most stacked roster in 2012.
Nah, he had most stacked roster in 2011. Wade was hurt all season.

OKC arguably had a better roster as a complete team. But that is besides the point, it was LeBron's ridiculous high level of play that won them the championship.

only got to the finals because of joining Wade and Bosh. Why did Lebron's rank went up? :confusedshrug:
No, he won because he finally had legit 2nd and 3rd options. Like all championship caliber teams are required to have.

They got to the Finals because LeBron balled out of his MIND in a couple games. Once turning the tide in the series v.s. Indiana.

And then crushing the BEST defense on the ROAD in the ECF to save elimination, shameful defeat, and a crumbling reputation ... all while everyone was rooting for him to fail.

His game 6 v.s. Boston was epic. Thoughts?

He got his 3rd MVP, and was easily the best player on the floor for the Heat in 2012 (unlike 2011) was clutch, had self accountability ... and won his ring. He deserved it.

longtime lurker
10-12-2012, 12:50 PM

Typical response. And this is why I do not take 99% of ISH seriously

ripthekik
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Nah, he had most stacked roster in 2011. Wade was hurt all season.

OKC arguably had a better roster as a complete team. But that is besides the point, it was LeBron's ridiculous high level of play that won them the championship.

No, he won because he finally had legit 2nd and 3rd options. Like all championship caliber teams are required to have.

They got to the Finals because LeBron balled out of his MIND in a couple games. Once turning the tide in the series v.s. Indiana.

And then crushing the BEST defense on the ROAD in the ECF to save elimination, shameful defeat, and a crumbling reputation ... all while everyone was rooting for him to fail.

His game 6 v.s. Boston was epic. Thoughts?

He got his 3rd MVP, and was easily the best player on the floor for the Heat in 2012 (unlike 2011) was clutch, had self accountability ... and won his ring. He deserved it.
He still had the most stacked team in 2012. Thunder's team? What's their average age? Playoff experience?
So you say he won because he finally have legit 2nd and 3rd options. Why can't it be said the same way for Kobe? He finally got a good point guard, and another great center.

Whatever you said can all be applied to Kobe. You just refused to, because you are a fan of Lebron and hate Kobe. If Kobe wins his 6th, he's definitely over Shaq and Hakeem, whether you like it or not.

(and if Kobe wins, Lebron is dropping big time. 1/4 in the finals, winning only once in 3 years with a stacked team, even with the addition of Ray Allen.)

tmacman
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
:roll:

What a stupid reasoning. And that doesn't go for LA as well? Kobe to be exact?

crisoner
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Smush said some sh*t on Kobe a couple years back.
And remember the Mamba does not forget.
I'm surprised Kobe spent some time to either this kid the way he did.
Why bring any attention to Smush? The dude is gone like he should be.

Money 23
10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
He still had the most stacked team in 2012.
Except he didn't.

Thunder's team age makes no difference. Their talent and the complete basketball roster outweighs the rest of their issues. They have superstar power, they have really good role players / niche guys. They can play offense, and defense.

They're one of the best built rosters in the league, by a wide margin.

Why can't it be said the same way for Kobe? He finally got a good point guard, and another great center.
He had a very good center per league average. And as we know, in basketball that is inherently one of the most valuable positions. So on those merits alone, along with league wide shortage of players at that position, Kobe had an extremely capable roster last two years.

He now needs a great PG as well? Kobe had enough weapons to get to the Finals the past two years, let alone the addition of D12 and Nash.

If he makes it this year, it would be blatantly obvious it is because of the additions they made, not because of Kobe improving his play and basically being a legit MVP contender.

Whatever you said can all be applied to Kobe. You just refused to, because you are a fan of Lebron and hate Kobe.
I don't hate Kobe at all, I more than respect his abilities and place in the game and hall of history ... it's obvious you hate LeBron.

That's why you're constantly making insecure threads about him, and not acknowledging it was his high level of play that allowed the Heat to advance, and win a ring.

Wade on paper is obviously a top five player, but he was hurt all season. He showed flashes and fleeting moments of his normal self, but it wasn't consistent.

Thus, LeBron had to play at a very high level ... every game for them to advance or have a chance at winning.

You still haven't told me your thoughts on LeBron's game 6 in the ECF ???

If Kobe wins his 6th, he's definitely over Shaq and Hakeem, whether you like it or not.
LOL ... ok? I would put him over them if he's clearly the best player on the floor. Like the way LeBron was clearly the Heat's most dominant player in 2012.

If he's not, I do not think it's that cut and dry.

(and if Kobe wins, Lebron is dropping big time. 1/4 in the finals, winning only once in 3 years with a stacked team, even with the addition of Ray Allen.)
Nah. Not unless he chokes away a series by being casper status like he did in 2011. If he balls out of his mind, or just plays really well and they lose to a better all around and more stacked roster, IE the Lakers. He doesn't drop at all, let alone big time.

And odds are he will probably get his 4th MVP this year, so his legacy has no where to go but up. And he will advance further with every ring. It's not like there is a built in deterrent like there was in 2011 when it seemed the Heat would be the best roster in the league for years to come.

The Lakers are a more stacked roster, and OKC has a better overall roster as well. So LeBron just playing MVP caliber ball and winning rings, while having a stud like resume only matched and exceeded by players like MJ, Kareem, Bird, and Magic ... he will be in ELITE company if he continues this recent 2012 trend.

ripthekik
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
The Lakers are a more stacked roster, and OKC has a better overall roster as well. So LeBron just playing MVP caliber ball and winning rings, while having a stud like resume only matched and exceeded by players like MJ, Kareem, Bird, and Magic ... he will be in ELITE company if he continues this recent 2012 trend.
:roll: And the heat don't have a stacked roster this year with the addition of Ray Allen? ohhhh boy.
He's going to climb up the ranks while having a stacked roster like this, while Kobe won't? Great logic. Where would he be without such a stacked roster? :rolleyes:

And I've always given him props on Game 6. Great game. But it was one game.

Heavincent
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
If Kobe wins it all this year and puts up something like 25-5-5, he'll probably move up to 5 or 6 on my list.

I'm not one of those people that punishes players for having good teammates. I simply look at the player's level of performance. For example, I think Kobe's 01 title run is just as good, if not better than his 2010 title run. All of that "the man" stuff is just corny if you ask me.

Money 23
10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
:roll: And the heat don't have a stacked roster this year with the addition of Ray Allen? ohhhh boy.
Obviously the Heat have a stacked roster. I think it's the 3rd best roster in the league. Lakers and OKC are better, IMO.

He's going to climb up the ranks while having a stacked roster like this, while Kobe won't? Great logic.
Correct. Difference? MVP count, and the fact that LeBron is clearly his team's best player. For the Lakers, it's not going to be near as obvious.

If the Lakers make the Finals, the immediate reason is the obvious. They added the best center in the game, the 2nd best player in the league since 2011 ... at a position that is near extinct through out the league.

Oh, and a 2x MVP, HOF PG in Steve Nash being a key contributor.

Where would he be without such a stacked roster?
He did his best for seven seasons with no legit 2nd option. Almost got to the Finals with Mo Williams as his Scottie Pippen / Frobe type sidekick.

Went to the Finals with Boobie friggin Gibson has his second best player ... w/o the stacked roster he'd be a top five talent / player all-time, rotting away giving his all for an organization that couldn't do enough to get him the proper pieces to compete at a high level.

Leaving CLE the way he did was chicken shit, and IMO cowardly. It's not what I would've done. But ultimately, it was the correct decision. The Celtics were a super team at the time. The Lakers were stacked. LeBron and Wade were buddies ... possibly the two best players in the league, rotting on horrific rosters with no signs of help. They called each other up and said lets join forces and take on the Lakers and Celtics of the world.

And it's a good thing they did ... OKC turned into a stacked team. Clippers turned into a stacked team. Boston decline, but the Lakers once again surrounded Kobe with ANOTHER SUPER TEAM.

The second one he's been on in his entire career.

And I've always given him props on Game 6. Great game. But it was one game.
He had a great playoffs all around as well, though.

That one game 6 was so clutch, and even before going into it was RESUME / REPUTATION defining.

He didn't choke, he went out and put on a historic performance. Even Kobe hasn't done anything like that ... the closest he could've come to a legacy defining game was that game 7 v.s. Boston in 2010.

And he choked, big time.

swag2011
10-12-2012, 01:33 PM
If Kobe wins it all this year and puts up something like 25-5-5, he'll probably move up to 5 or 6 on my list.

I'm not one of those people that punishes players for having good teammates. I simply look at the player's level of performance. For example, I think Kobe's 01 title run is just as good, if not better than his 2010 title run. All of that "the man" stuff is just corny if you ask me.

Agree. Everybody in the consensus top 10 has played with amazing casts, yet Kobe is the ONLY player who is put down because of it. He's no different from MJ, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Bird, etc in terms of playing with great players. People forget Shaq won no ring, FMVP or MVP without Kobe becoming a starter. Nash, Dwight, Pau, MWP, ALL of them won NO RINGS before playing with Kobe. Now Nash and Dwight could possibly become champions. People like to say Kobe needed them to win a ring. But they never flip it around and realize they ain't win shit until being paired with Kobe.

The fact that the Lakers organization still feels they can build a title contending team around a 34 year old is a testament to Kobe's greatness.

I'd personally put Kobe at number 5 or 6 on my list too, depending on his run. Right now i have him in the 7 to 9 group, with Duncan and Shaq.

KB2009Champ
10-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I all I have to say is that there is a reason Pat Riley had him stay away from the team when he was in Miami. And this was in the middle of the season.

AlphaWolf24
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM

sounds good.....

1 more Chip and Kobe moves to the #2 or #3 for me......and the rest of the basketball community

Money 23
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
If he does that, while being the Lakers clear cut best player.

I have no problem moving him up my all-time list over the likes of Duncan / Shaq / Hakeem.

Those three were clustered together anyway, nothing to really separate them. That would have him as #7 or #6 on the all-time chart.

dyna
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
"told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."

That nikka is just sensitive, He should have never called Kobe overrated

Irony :rolleyes:

SpecialQue
10-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Decided to pop in here to see what's going on and, surprise surprise, it is now a Lebron thread.

Legends66NBA7
10-12-2012, 06:11 PM

As far as the MVP voting goes, didn't Kobe the 2nd most #1 votes behind Nash ? Thinking about it back then, I was shocked to see Kobe not Top 3 at least.

Either way, Kobe or LeBron should have gotten MVP for 2006, IMO. Hell, I thought Dirk was also more deserving than Nash that year.

And while he didn't live to the hype of the next Jordan or the GOAT (I kinda new this by his second year, so...), he carved a fine legacy himself... He should start focusing more on the season now, he's sounds like an old grump these days.

TheMarkMadsen
10-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Decided to pop in here to see what's going on and, surprise surprise, it is now a Lebron thread.

This. How does it go from Smush and Kobe beefin to Lebron vs Kobe for the 100000x.

longtime lurker
10-12-2012, 07:31 PM
This. How does it go from Smush and Kobe beefin to Lebron vs Kobe for the 100000x.

Kobe topics even irrelevant ones like these attract even the most hardened haters. Lol we have people defending Smush Parker and playing arm chair psychologists. Then we have Lebron fans who love to turn almost every thread into something about Lebron like they need to constantly remind people he exists.

FlashDwyaneWade3
10-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Never liked Smush. He was a headcase when he was on the Heat.

NASH = BEST
10-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I don't really know what the F Kobe is talking about. He wasn't the runner up, or even second runner up, to Nash for MVP in 2006.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2006.html

1. Nash: 924
2. Lebron: 688
3. Dirk: 544
4. Kobe: 483
5. Billups: 430

...he was barely ahead of Chauncey Billups. LOL.

LOL :oldlol:

We were all mad hating on Kobe back then, he didn't even come close to Nash votes, WTF?

I'm not saying Nash shouldn't have won but geez, wasn't this the year Kobe went APE SHYT on the league? This was the 81 point game season right?

4th place? lol

Truth is he should have gotten more votes. Looking back at it now and the media really did hate on Kobe back then. Most of them sided with Shaq. We were all wrong, lol.

Anyways, I got curious and looked Smush Parker up.

This is from wiki...

On July 26, 2007, Parker signed with the Miami Heat. For the Heat, Parker wore jersey number 21. His production dropped off dramatically while with the Heat, with averages of 4.8 points, 1.7 assists and 2.1 rebounds, compared to his 11.1 in 164 games with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Smush should be grateful he was even able to collect a check cause of Kobe.

Pra
10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8asU1kuFM

lol Kobe forgot this though!

Jameerthefear
10-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I think if Kobe took a shit on a supermarket floor his many stans (as seen in this thread) would still defend him.

LakersReign
10-12-2012, 11:48 PM
LOL :oldlol:

We were all mad hating on Kobe back then, he didn't even come close to Nash votes, WTF?

I'm not saying Nash shouldn't have won but geez, wasn't this the year Kobe went APE SHYT on the league? This was the 81 point game season right?

4th place? lol

Truth is he should have gotten more votes. Looking back at it now and the media really did hate on Kobe back then. Most of them sided with Shaq. We were all wrong, lol.

Anyways, I got curious and looked Smush Parker up.

This is from wiki...

Smush should be grateful he was even able to collect a check cause of Kobe.

But here it is, where you have idiotic know nothing about basketball bandwagon Lebron fans aka Lebronytes, trying to act like Parker was some top talent guy and Kobe drove him out of the NBA by blacklisting him. Anybody who truly knows basketball already knows Smush wasn't that great of a player. People trying to say otherwise, are just ret**ded haters nobody takes seriously anyways:facepalm

DKLaker
10-13-2012, 01:55 PM
sounds good.....

1 more Chip and Kobe moves to the #2 or #3 for me......and the rest of the basketball community

Lo1a
10-13-2012, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE]Kobe's Facebook

Leadership is responsibility.
There comes a point when one must make a decision. Are YOU willing to do what it takes to push the right buttons to elevate those around you? If the answer is YES, are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? Here's where the true responsibility of being a leader lies. Sometimes you must prioritize the success of the team ahead of how your own image is perceived. The ability to elevate those around you is more than simply sharing the ball or making teammates feel a certain level of comfort. It's pushing them to find their inner beast, even if they end up resenting you for it at the time.

I'd rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that's just not reality. I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.

This is my way. It might not be right for YOU but all I can do is share my thoughts. It

Heavincent
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM
^ Kobe sure does have a great writing style. He should write a book. Everyone writes a book these days, but his book would actually be somewhat interesting.

StephenKingbe
MarkTwainbe

qrich
10-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Kobe was a big time diva back then, so Smush isn't inaccurate with what he's saying. Kobe was very difficult to deal with. In regards to Smush's play, playing with Kobe made him look relevant. He got open looks because Kobe was double teamed almost the second he touched the ball, sometimes even triple teamedHis point production more or less doubled. He never averaged more than 6 PPG at any other point and the season after he left the Lakers was his last..
http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfile/index.html?player=smush_parker

Averaged 6.4 with the Clips in 21.5 minutes and then 5.9 in 21.1 minutes. Not to mention, more dimes as he got the ball more in his hands and less turnovers.

While Parker was not starter material, he was far from one of the worst starting point guards in the league since 2000. I mean, studs like Rick Brunson and Doug Overton have had starting roles in the league.

As far as this "feud" goes, a lot of what both are saying is stupid, but entertaining. I'd say the posts in here are much more entertaining though :oldlol:

Dro
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
The people defending Kobe are pathetic, smh...So all you grown men in here are ok with somebody constantly talking shit about you for no reason and you wouldn't defend yourselves...And we all know there have been much worse players in the NBA than Smush Parker..only Kobe stans would agree with him...and I'm sure the context of his comment about Smush not being able to talk to him is anytime...This is the same guy Kobe who told Kyrie Irving that he would barely be able to dribble with Kobe on him..Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in the league and NOBODY can lock him down 1 on 1...and I saw highlights of that same game, Kyrie splitting defenders and having Kobe reaching for air...

Dro
10-14-2012, 10:10 PM
this is why i cant respect kobe.
I agree...

Dro
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM

Best post in the thread...

Dro
10-14-2012, 10:19 PM
No lie, Ive read all 9 pages of this thread and 95% of the people making excuses for Kobe have Laker avatars, Laker screen names, or location California, rofl...while people on the other side of the argument, are from everywhere and fans of different teams, lol...yet we're all Jordan stans...God Kobe fans are annoying...Do any of you not see the world through purple and yellow glasses...If Kobe's attitude doesn't make you dislike him, his fans surely will..

D.J.
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfile/index.html?player=smush_parker

Averaged 6.4 with the Clips in 21.5 minutes and then 5.9 in 21.1 minutes. Not to mention, more dimes as he got the ball more in his hands and less turnovers.

The 5.9 in 21.1 was his season average in '08. He also averaged 1.9 turnovers in that Clipper stint, which is pretty much even with his Laker averages despite playing in a good 10 fewer minutes.

While Parker was not starter material, he was far from one of the worst starting point guards in the league since 2000. I mean, studs like Rick Brunson and Doug Overton have had starting roles in the league.

Numbers don't tell the whole story. Was Parker the worst player in the league? No, but he wasn't much better either. Even if Brunson and Overton didn't provide as much statistically, they at least provided veteran leadership so there were at least some intangibles they brought to the team. Smush provided nothing other than an empty 10 points, which a lot of it was because of the attention Kobe commanded. Smush was also a low IQ player who made many dumb mistakes. That's why he was out of the league just a year removed from the Lakers while Brunson and Overton both lasting around a decade or more.

As far as this "feud" goes, a lot of what both are saying is stupid, but entertaining. I'd say the posts in here are much more entertaining though :oldlol:

Both made valid points, but both were also highly immature. I'd be equally frustrated if my best teammate after Lamar Odom was Smush Parker. Kobe leading that team to 45 wins was a miracle.

Dro
10-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I just don't understand how anybody can talk about Kobe's teammates being bad and in the same breath try to compare him to MJ.....MJ had played with players would not even been in the league at that time if they weren't playing for the Bulls, Stacy King, an old Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, Will Perdue, Randy Brown, are you guys serious with this. I mean all those comparison's should stop if we're down to making excuses about the talent level of Kobe's teams. Kobe has played on more talented teams than Jordan EVER did..Jordan WAS the talent with some Pippen and Rodman mixed in...Everyone else was a role player or probably a 12th man on most teams..

D.J.
10-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Kobe has played on more talented teams than Jordan EVER did

During his second set of titles, yes. For the 3-peat, no chance. Outside of Shaq, he had Derek Fisher, an old Ron Harper, Glen Rice, Horace Grant, Slava Medvedenko, Devean George, Rick Fox.

tpols
10-14-2012, 11:01 PM
I just don't understand how anybody can talk about Kobe's teammates being bad and in the same breath try to compare him to MJ.....MJ had played with players would not even been in the league at that time if they weren't playing for the Bulls, Stacy King, an old Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, Will Perdue, Randy Brown, are you guys serious with this. I mean all those comparison's should stop if we're down to making excuses about the talent level of Kobe's teams. Kobe has played on more talented teams than Jordan EVER did..Jordan WAS the talent with some Pippen and Rodman mixed in...Everyone else was a role player or probably a 12th man on most teams..

This thread is about Smush Parker and kobe Bryant. Smush Parker isn't in the league and he hasn't been in it since he left La.. So what is your point in this thread? You have none.. He was just as scrub a teammate as anyone Jordan ever had.

longtime lurker
10-14-2012, 11:07 PM
The people defending Kobe are pathetic, smh...So all you grown men in here are ok with somebody constantly talking shit about you for no reason and you wouldn't defend yourselves...And we all know there have been much worse players in the NBA than Smush Parker..only Kobe stans would agree with him...and I'm sure the context of his comment about Smush not being able to talk to him is anytime...This is the same guy Kobe who told Kyrie Irving that he would barely be able to dribble with Kobe on him..Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in the league and NOBODY can lock him down 1 on 1...and I saw highlights of that same game, Kyrie splitting defenders and having Kobe reaching for air...

:cry:

Eat Like A Bosh
10-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Smash Who?

Legends66NBA7
10-15-2012, 12:02 AM

I would hope you aren't grouping me with them. All I said is that's who Kobe is. Never said anything about it being ethical. It's a grown man world, no room for catching feelings.

And the Kyrie thing is trash talk. Again, this is Kobe Bryant, the superstar, ultra confident athlete. Not like he's going to say "Yes, Kyrie would own me 1 on 1". I doubt I would here anything different from guys like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, etc...

Dro
10-15-2012, 12:44 AM
This thread is about Smush Parker and kobe Bryant. Smush Parker isn't in the league and he hasn't been in it since he left La.. So what is your point in this thread? You have none.. He was just as scrub a teammate as anyone Jordan ever had.
Umm...that IS the point...that Kobe's teammates aren't any worse than anyone elses so AGAIN, why is he obsessed with Smush....Are your purple and yellow glasses so thick that you can't see you're making my point? And AGAIN, why are Laker fans the ONLY ones who support Kobe with this nonsense..I guess its because EVERYONE else is a hater and they're picking on Kobe:rolleyes: Poor Kobe..:facepalm

Dro
10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I would hope you aren't grouping me with them. All I said is that's who Kobe is. Never said anything about it being ethical. It's a grown man world, no room for catching feelings.

And the Kyrie thing is trash talk. Again, this is Kobe Bryant, the superstar, ultra confident athlete. Not like he's going to say "Yes, Kyrie would own me 1 on 1". I doubt I would here anything different from guys like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, etc...
No, I'm not grouping you with them but you can't tell me that its hard not to group all Laker fans together when seemingly 95% of the posts in every Kobe thread, they rationalize everything he does...But about the Kyrie thing, that was more than trash talk to me..I watched it multiple times and Kobe was so serious, he was taking it personal..Kyrie was responding back to him like "are you serious"? Like, he thought Kobe had to be joking for how serious was taking it...Kobe wasn't just trash talking, he's really arrogant enough to believe that Kyrie would not be able to dribble against him..You can tell by the tone of his words, and the seriousness..at no point was Kobe laughing like ha, ha, I'm just messing with you bro...He was dead serious...

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 01:23 AM
No, I'm not grouping you with them but you can't tell me that its hard not to group all Laker fans together when seemingly 95% of the posts in every Kobe thread, they rationalize everything he does...But about the Kyrie thing, that was more than trash talk to me..I watched it multiple times and Kobe was so serious, he was taking it personal..Kyrie was responding back to him like "are you serious"? Like, he thought Kobe had to be joking for how serious was taking it...Kobe wasn't just trash talking, he's really arrogant enough to believe that Kyrie would not be able to dribble against him..You can tell by the tone of his words, and the seriousness..at no point was Kobe laughing like ha, ha, I'm just messing with you bro...He was dead serious...

If you're going to continue to come up in here with sock puppet accounts, at least try to say something different. The bolded, refers way more to Lebron fans than it can ever apply to Laker/Kobe fans, no matter how many times you post that. Nice try:applause:

97 bulls
10-15-2012, 01:25 AM
You're just as bad as Laker fans. While we're in agreement that Parker was better than laker fans give credit, you're nuts if you feel Kobe had better teammates than Jordan. After Shaq, id take Pippen and Rodman over any teammate Bryant has had. And Kukoc and Grant would ne high on the list too

Raider007
10-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Everyone here does know Smush Trashed Kobe first.(2009)..... right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adyWRtWoFM

Its not like "out of the blue" Kobe goes off on Smush.

Personally, if I were Kobe, I would have never responded at all.

Legends66NBA7
10-15-2012, 02:35 AM

Hmm, I'll actually to re-watch that video again... I can see where Kobe can be too arrogant, I just think that's his nature and I'm not really too surprised by it.

Oh and cool, I didn't think my previous OP was defending him, but I see what you mean (Lakers fans and all).

Dro
10-15-2012, 02:43 AM
If you're going to continue to come up in here with sock puppet accounts, at least try to say something different. The bolded, refers way more to Lebron fans than it can ever apply to Laker/Kobe fans, no matter how many times you post that. Nice try:applause:
What in the hell is sock puppet account:confusedshrug: Sorry I don't have 10,000 posts...I only posts when I feel like it..I have a life outside of inside hoops...sorry...Lol at you trying to separate yourself from Lebron fans...Yes they are bad and Kobe fans are equally bad...:facepalm Kobe would never need any bodyguards the way some of you hang from his *******...quick to come running to defend your idol anytime someone doesn't kiss his azz....

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 02:52 AM
What in the hell is sock puppet account:confusedshrug: Sorry I don't have 10,000 posts...I only posts when I feel like it..I have a life outside of inside hoops...sorry...Lol at you trying to separate yourself from Lebron fans...Yes they are bad and Kobe fans are equally bad...:facepalm Kobe would never need any bodyguards the way some of you hang from his *******...quick to come running to defend your idol anytime someone doesn't kiss his azz....

(yawn):sleeping

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7857761#post7857761

...and oh Lebron robbed Wade of FMVP? No... considering my assessment its actually Wade who robbed Lebron/Miami of a Championship because he didnt want to give Lebron the greenlight he openly gave to him in 2012.... he turned Lebron into a sidekick in the Finals, into a true 2nd fiddle, because thats how Lebron was playing... he didnt play bad, he didnt shoot bad, he only facilitated and took few shots... like a true Scottie Pippen would do.... and thats NOT LEBRON....

Nice try:applause:

alleykat
10-15-2012, 03:24 AM
lol in all reality i think they are both right....

kobe has always had teammate problems and never really supported his team.....

smush was never really relevant - except i think he made a name for himself at rucker park or sumthing.

Dro
10-15-2012, 03:36 AM
(yawn):sleeping

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7857761#post7857761

Nice try:applause:
Still lost but whatever floats your boat:confusedshrug:

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Still lost but whatever floats your boat:confusedshrug:

So....what you're saying is....other than your OBVIOUS blind Kobe hatred, you never had a real point here in the first place? Big surprise:rolleyes:

kingkeno
10-15-2012, 05:56 AM

1v1 is much different than 5v5.

L.A. Jazz
10-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Smash Who?
right, who is this guy?

Dro
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
1v1 is much different than 5v5.
He was talking 1v1 but what difference does it make...Im sure Kyrie would be able to dribble...

Dro
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
So....what you're saying is....other than your OBVIOUS blind Kobe hatred, you never had a real point here in the first place? Big surprise:rolleyes:
Yes, my OBVIOUS hatred for Kobe because I point out how he is an arrogant jackass...Im sure I hate all players like that, not just Kobe...So like I said, hop off his sack for a second. My first sentence in my first post is my point, that the people defending Kobe are pathetic and I explained why I felt this way...:facepalm

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes, my OBVIOUS hatred for Kobe because I point out how he is an arrogant jackass...Im sure I hate all players like that, not just Kobe...So like I said, hop off his sack for a second. My first sentence in my first post is my point, that the people defending Kobe are pathetic and I explained why I felt this way...:facepalm

Just gotta love it how, in true ret**d fashion, when you were exposed as a fraud, in my last post, your only response was "duh....I'm lost." You're not fooling anybody. GTFOH:roll: (AND...cue the bullsh*t "crazy" gimmick)

Nick Young
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Smush is uttering blasphemy. May the great gawdbe smite down the heretic with furious anger.

Extempo
10-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Love Kobe!

TMZ would never spend a second of their time talking to this b*tch Smush if Kobe didn't bring him up...I'm sure he's thanking Kobe in his mind.

Dro
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Just gotta love it how, in true ret**d fashion, when you were exposed as a fraud, in my last post, your only response was "duh....I'm lost." You're not fooling anybody. GTFOH:roll: (AND...cue the bullsh*t "crazy" gimmick)
Exposed as a fraud? You are as delusional as Kobe:roll: :cheers: Oh and nice rep...

ihoopallday
10-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Exposed as a fraud? You are as delusional as Kobe:roll: :cheers: Oh and nice rep...

Bro just ignore that guy. There's no need to try and have a civiliazed conversation with him.

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 10:45 PM

Guess we all can't be as "normal"as you seeing some "hidden agenda"in Kobe saying flat out Smush sucked and should've never been in the NBA. Oh and by the way,read the white text in my last post. OOPS!!!! :roll:

RRR3
10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
One of the most annoying things on ISH is when people accuse someone of being an alternate account of a poster they dislike if said person says something they disagree with. The arrogance to think that not more than one person could possibly disagree with you! :lol

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
:roll: @the fat lying hypocritical **** above me:lol

RRR3
10-15-2012, 10:54 PM
A 580 pound guy calling someone "fat". Hilarious :yaohappy:

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 11:02 PM
This from the same lying POS(rrr3) who also says I'm supposedly an 8 year old Iraq war veteran with PTSD? Cuz you know so much about me....right?:roll:

RRR3
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Does calling other people fat make you feel better about being morbidly obese? :confusedshrug: serious question.

LakersReign
10-15-2012, 11:24 PM
So.....you're(rrr3) FINALLY admitting that all the b.s. you and left4dead posted was a lie like I've been saying for months now? OOPS!!!!:lol

kingkeno
10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
He was talking 1v1 but what difference does it make...Im sure Kyrie would be able to dribble...

He would be able to dribble but not much. If Kobe played tight defense on him I doubt Irving would be able to go anywhere. Maybe he could a step on him a few times but not the whole game. Kobe's old but it's no secret he handle defend when he wants to.

Kobe is just too big for Irving.

Kyrie Irving vs. Chris Paul ... I would love to see that!

DJ Leon Smith
10-16-2012, 12:50 PM
He would be able to dribble but not much. If Kobe played tight defense on him I doubt Irving would be able to go anywhere.

Then why doesn't he always do this in every game, especially against PGs with weaker handles? Teams would score less than 50 points a game against the Lakers and never be able to initiate an offence.

kingkeno
10-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Then why doesn't he always do this in every game, especially against PGs with weaker handles? Teams would score less than 50 points a game against the Lakers and never be able to initiate an offence.

You're missing my point ... 5v5 is different than 1v1

I'm not saying Kobe is an elite defender; not even a great defender. With that said, he can be a "good" defender when he wants to be. Basically, when he is not being lazy or his "oldness" isn't catching up to him. At least a few times during any given game Kobe will defend the 1 and/or the 2 pretty good. Not great, but good enough.

1v1 ... One man to focus on and half court setting (not even that); he will have much more energy plus he is just bigger in every way than Irving. His basically gives him the advantage of not having to play superb defense; good D combined with his size advantage, it'll be tough.

I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how anyone can think Irving would beat Kobe 1v1.

ashlar
10-16-2012, 07:13 PM

You're talking about 1 on 1 versus guarding a guy 40 minutes for the entire game plus having to be the playmaker/scorer for the team. Kobe isn't 22 anymore.

Dro
02-24-2013, 05:04 PM
]He would be able to dribble but not much. If Kobe played tight defense on him I doubt Irving would be able to go anywhere. Maybe he could a step on him a few times but not the whole game. Kobe's old but it's no secret he handle defend when he wants to.
[/B]
Kobe is just too big for Irving.

Kyrie Irving vs. Chris Paul ... I would love to see that!
Would we like to revisit this thread? lol..