PDA

View Full Version : Heat Appear Set With Starting Shane Battier At Power Forward

All Net
10-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Appears thats whats being said

thoughts? think they may get away with this vs most teams.

JohnnySic
10-14-2012, 10:14 AM
LOL. Maybe they should have brought in a big instead of 35,985 3 point shooters.

PJR
10-14-2012, 10:26 AM
LOL. Maybe they should have brought in a big instead of 35,985 3 point shooters.

Still likely to kick the Celtics ass for the third time in a row, en route to the Finals again, regardless. So it's all good.

andgar923
10-14-2012, 10:42 AM

He did a great job on Griffin last night. But I doubt it will work on a consistent basis.

But then again, there isn't really any true big men. Most play in the perimeter with little post up.

Griffin is supposed to be this great big man, with superior physical gifts and he had a hard time against him.

Fiasco
10-14-2012, 10:43 AM
He did a great job on Griffin last night. But I doubt it will work on a consistent basis.

But then again, there isn't really any true big men. Most play in the perimeter with little post up.

Griffin is supposed to be this great big man, with superior physical gifts and he had a hard time against him.

lol preseason

I am begging Miami to play Battier on Griffin in the regular season.

PJR
10-14-2012, 11:01 AM
lol preseason

Battier would do a competent job on Griffin, just as he did against David West in the playoffs last year. Griffin is like 6'8" with t-Rex arms. Battier could hold him to his averages.

Fiasco
10-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Battier would do a competent job on Griffin, just as he did against David West in the playoffs last year. Griffin is like 6'8" with t-Rex arms. Battier could hold him to his averages.

Yes... David West is similar to Blake Griffin, in terms of athleticism, conditioning, and strength. It would be the same thing.

You've got me there.

andgar923
10-14-2012, 11:05 AM
lol preseason

Why do people keep saying that?

Did you watch the game?

They kept going to Griffin. Do you think he was playing any less or not trying hard enough because it was preseason?

Griffin was being guarded by Battier without help for the vast majority of the time, and he kept displaying his bad post up game. Is this gonna stop instantly once the regular season starts and he'll start going on a Kevin McHale-esque rampage down low?

And for whatever excuse or reasoning you wanna make regarding the "preseason" can't the same be said about Battier and the Heat?

Don't you think they'll make adjustments to how they defend? Don't you think Battier will change his approach?

Not that I'm defending Battier or the Heat at all. It's more a criticism on today's big men. if Griffin is supposed to be one of the best power forwards, then maybe the Heat are on to something here.

TheGreatDeraj
10-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Let's be real here. Lebron is the power forward. He's bigger, stronger, better rebounder, actually plays inside the paint instead of camping for corner 3's and is going to guard the bigger pf's with post games

andgar923
10-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Let's be real here. Lebron is the power forward. He's bigger, stronger, better rebounder, actually plays inside the paint instead of camping for corner 3's and is going to guard the bigger pf's with post games

I think the main reason Battier is gonna play the PF position, is for the defensive side of things.

This'll keep Bron rested and away from foul trouble. It will allow him to roam like Scottie did, and help on the big men.

The Heat are betting on putting all the defensive pressure on the wing players. They attempt to tire them out and make it hard for them to dump the ball inside. They did this with mixed results last night, we'll see what adjustments they make.

dbugz
10-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Why do people keep saying that?

Did you watch the game?

They kept going to Griffin. Do you think he was playing any less or not trying hard enough because it was preseason?

Griffin was being guarded by Battier without help for the vast majority of the time, and he kept displaying his bad post up game. Is this gonna stop instantly once the regular season starts and he'll start going on a Kevin McHale-esque rampage down low?

And for whatever excuse or reasoning you wanna make regarding the "preseason" can't the same be said about Battier and the Heat?

Don't you think they'll make adjustments to how they defend? Don't you think Battier will change his approach?

Not that I'm defending Battier or the Heat at all. It's more a criticism on today's big men. if Griffin is supposed to be one of the best power forwards, then maybe the Heat are on to something here.

I now conclude that the Lakers are going to suck this season. Every preseason game is a must win now because it translate to how are you going to play on the actual season. Players and teams who are experimenting their plays and moves must be given a notice that they need to take each preseason games seriously. Lakers badly need to win a preseason game asap.

longtime lurker
10-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Lol this. I see this coming back to hurt the Heat as I don't see Battier being able to guard PF's for the whole season and Bosh as your defensive anchor. Don't know why they didn't take a flyer on a guy like Andre Blatche or Darko.

andgar923
10-14-2012, 11:18 AM
I now conclude that the Lakers are going to suck this season. Every preseason game is a must win now because it translate to how are you going to play on the actual season. This time of experimenting your plays and moves aren't applicable anymore. Lakers badly need to win a preseason game asap.

My reply was a criticism on ONE player. A player that still hasn't evolved and developed the most elementary post up game. Not once did he display any sort of improvement in the post.

All Net
10-14-2012, 11:19 AM
main starters never go hard in pre-season...you never take anything from it.

KingBeasley08
10-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Pretty solid plan; worked wonders in the Finals last year. Battier playing PF usually takes big men outta the paint for slashers like Lebron and Wade to go in.

Kblaze8855
10-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Not gonna matter as much as people want to believe. I remember years ago when Adam Morrison was drafted it was said he would have to play some 4 and there was a huge argument on how he would just get murdered. And one would assume that if they just isolated him and backed him down over and over he would...but teams dont do that.

They dont do it to Earl Boykins, they dont do it when Hakim Warrick guards a big bodied center, and they wont do it on Battier.

Darius Miles, Tyrone Nesby, Dennis Rodman, Andres nocioni, Rodney Mccray, Shawn marion, Kenny Walker, and plenty of other guys around Battiers size have been guarding 4s for decades. And most arent as smart or hard working on defense.

They still have Lebron who is about Karl Malones size, Bosh, haslem, Anthony, and so on. It wont be a problem vs many teams.

How many teams even have two bigmen who can score worth a damn? And of those who do...how many are actually gonna keep going to him?

Be an issue vs the Lakers but I suspect they will work something out over the 100 games before they could play them in a game that matters.

I suspect their many coaches noticed the same potential issues ISH posters did.

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 12:16 PM

IMO, this will work about as well as Bosh playing C. May work vs weaker teams, but they get their a**** whopped against experienced teams

TheGreatDeraj
10-14-2012, 12:17 PM
I think the main reason Battier is gonna play the PF position, is for the defensive side of things.

This'll keep Bron rested and away from foul trouble. It will allow him to roam like Scottie did, and help on the big men.

The Heat are betting on putting all the defensive pressure on the wing players. They attempt to tire them out and make it hard for them to dump the ball inside. They did this with mixed results last night, we'll see what adjustments they make.

Yea I agree with what you're saying and like the strategy for 90% of the teams in this league. However, I would be surprised if battier defends all game the bigger pf's with post games like pau gasol, zach randolph, maybe dirk, perhaps aldridge or al jefferson. kevin love might even be a tough matchup for battier with his size and rebounding ability. Josh smith might even give battier problems with his strength, speed and jumping abilty.

I think Lebron will primarily guard those guys or at least split the duty with Battier. The only way I see Battier playing those guys all game or in crunch time would be with a lot of double teaming and using wade, lebron and chalmers speed to force turnovers, but I think 1on 1 would be the way to go they'd give up too many open looks having to double all the time in my opinion. I could be wrong but that's how I see it for now

PJR
10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
I swear you would think Miami didn't win the title last year with the exact formula, with some of the drivel you read on here. :oldlol:

andgar923
10-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Yea I agree with what you're saying and like the strategy for 90% of the teams in this league. However, I would be surprised if battier defends all game the bigger pf's with post games like pau gasol, zach randolph, maybe dirk, perhaps aldridge or al jefferson. kevin love might even be a tough matchup for battier with his size and rebounding ability. Josh smith might even give battier problems with his strength, speed and jumping abilty.

I think Lebron will primarily guard those guys or at least split the duty with Battier. The only way I see Battier playing those guys all game or in crunch time would be with a lot of double teaming and using wade, lebron and chalmers speed to force turnovers, but I think 1on 1 would be the way to go they'd give up too many open looks having to double all the time in my opinion. I could be wrong but that's how I see it for now
Some will laugh, but Joel will be able to do a good job vs most of the top PFs. The issue they had last season was placing him at center when he's only 6'9, even then he did a good job for the most part.

People will point out certain match ups vs elite players, but elite players can't be guarded with single coverage anyways.

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
I swear you would think Miami didn't win the title last year with the exact formula, with some of the drivel you read on here. :oldlol:

Yeah....I know....right?:lol

They sure as hell didn't win it based on Battier's supposed "lock down" D, all you FAKE Heat fans were raving about. I seem to remember y'all were the very same ones claiming he was supposedly garbage early on in the season. Yeah...but NOW cuz they won the title, it's all good....right?:facepalm

SCdac
10-14-2012, 12:49 PM
As long as they have Lebron and Wade playing like themselves they're still the favorites

2swift4u
10-14-2012, 12:54 PM
there's also Udonis Haslem at the PF position, in case Miami needs a stronger body.

longtime lurker
10-14-2012, 01:21 PM

Yes I'm sure Miami will play the exact same teams and the coaches won't make adjustments this year too. I with all the shit Heat fans talk you'd think they've won the past 10 championships

PJR
10-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Yes I'm sure Miami will play the exact same teams and the coaches won't make adjustments this year too. I with all the shit Heat fans talk you'd think they've won the past 10 championships

The roster/personnell among the contenders in the East hasn't changed that drastically, so yeah Miami is likely to face a similiar pathway as last year. :confusedshrug:

And miss me with your hyperbole. If you don't want to hear facts, then keep it moving.

StateOfMind12
10-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Battier and Lebron will probably switch off at Power Forward. I wouldn't classify either one as a SF or PF though. I would just simply list them as forwards. Miami is not a traditional team.

The only reason why Battier will play/defend PF more times than not is because of how much of a beating Lebron will take offensively. Battier has more energy to deal with the taxing at the PF spot but I think if the Heat really need Lebron to play PF, he will.

KingBeasley08
10-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah....I know....right?:lol

They sure as hell didn't win it based on Battier's supposed "lock down" D, all you FAKE Heat fans were raving about. I seem to remember y'all were the very same ones claiming he was supposedly garbage early on in the season. Yeah...but NOW cuz they won the title, it's all good....right?:facepalm
Well the recipe worked nonetheless.

Y2Gezee
10-14-2012, 02:09 PM
It will work out overall, but they are going to have a lot of matchup issues. There's no getting around it.

They'll cause some too, but I don't know how well it will work in their favor as even a pf can pseudo guard Battier.

Rebounding is something to keep an eye on.

RRR3
10-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I think the Heat should have taken a chance on Perry Jones, Arnett Moultrie or Festus Ezeli in the draft personally. Oh well.

ncrizzle
10-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Battier will only be PF on paper. Lebron will guard anyone he needs to as will Battier. Both will be much more effective matching up with guys their own size. Battier is getting old. And seeing how many charges he takes, i would bet he would rather have Paul Pierce run him over instead of Serge Ibaka

Pushxx
10-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Very few PFs have enough of a low post game to exploit Battier down there.

Go Sully. Take it to Shane!

red1
10-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Battier guarding gasol while bosh guards howard - talk about a recipe for disaster. More like haslem/bron on gasol while bosh guards dwight with a double team if he catches it close to the basket.

pegasus
10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
DeAndre raped the Heat last night. If he can do that to them, imagine what Howard can do without getting double teamed.

longtime lurker
10-14-2012, 02:41 PM
The roster/personnell among the contenders in the East hasn't changed that drastically, so yeah Miami is likely to face a similiar pathway as last year. :confusedshrug:

And miss me with your hyperbole. If you don't want to hear facts, then keep it moving.

Again like I said you expect to face the exact same teams? Heat would have lost to the Pacers if it wasn't for their inexperience and ref's whistles. Yes Heat are coming off a championship but this reminds me of the Cavaliers teams that got Shaq to match up against Dwight Howard only to get raped by the Celtics the next season. Just saying the sense of entitlement by Heat fans is hilarious. Not even Celtics fans were this bad after 08'

Nash
10-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Whatever, we all know Lebron will be the one defending the power forwards and torching whatever PF or SF they choose to put on him. On defence Shane will be defending the opponents SF.

KingBeasley08
10-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Again like I said you expect to face the exact same teams? Heat would have lost to the Pacers if it wasn't for their inexperience and ref's whistles. Yes Heat are coming off a championship but this reminds me of the Cavaliers teams that got Shaq to match up against Dwight Howard only to get raped by the Celtics the next season. Just saying the sense of entitlement by Heat fans is hilarious. Not even Celtics fans were this bad after 08'
They beat the Pacer's without Chris Bosh and :oldlol: at the ref's whistles comments. I guess Lebron going 42/18/9 and Wade dropping 42/10 were refs in disguise. Love when Laker fans of all people complain about the refs :oldlol:

DuMa
10-14-2012, 03:48 PM
they still got UD and Joel Anthony. i mean theyre really known for their offense are they? so yeah its not really set in stone that Battier is gonna play 4 all season long. he's there for matchup difficulties

BGriffin's Dad
10-14-2012, 03:51 PM

a lockout title

coin24
10-14-2012, 03:53 PM
a lockout title

Asterisk title:oldlol:

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 03:53 PM
a lockout title

Yeah... with injuries to Wade and Bosh. :rolleyes: It's not like every other team in the NBA suffered and played a different amount of games.

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah... with injuries to Wade and Bosh. :rolleyes: It's not like every other team in the NBA suffered and played a different amount of games.

Wade's knee wasn't going to hold up through a regular 82 game season PLUS another 20 post season games, so stop trying to act:rolleyes:

chips93
10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
people just talking avout low post scoring, what about on the boards? you wont need two low post scorers to exploit them, just two guys who are either low post scorers or rebounders

maybe he can do it, but battier has yet to really prove he can defend pfs. although he llayed david west well in the POs

longtime lurker
10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
They beat the Pacer's without Chris Bosh and :oldlol: at the ref's whistles comments. I guess Lebron going 42/18/9 and Wade dropping 42/10 were refs in disguise. Love when Laker fans of all people complain about the refs :oldlol:

You're talking about 2 games champ where D Wade and Lebron went off. I mentioned the Indiana's inexperience contributed to their losing. Heat fans were in tears crying that Lebron had no help, Battier sucks, Miller is trash OKC is the most stacked team in the league blah blah blah, then all of a sudden act like their team steamrolled swept the playoffs just because they won a championship. Fact is that the Heat are beatable and depending on the match up there are teams that can exploit Battier or Lebron at PF. It's great to have faith in your team but lets not act like at some points during the season you guys weren't jumping ship.

Nash
10-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Wade's knee wasn't going to hold up through a regular 82 game season PLUS another 20 post season games, so stop trying to act:rolleyes:
Yeah, if Wade got his knee issues at the start of the season.

Also if anything a title in lockout season should be worth 1

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 04:43 PM

:oldlol: It wouldn't have gotten injured if everything went as planned with the training camp, preseason and conditioning.

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 04:44 PM
You're talking about 2 games champ where D Wade and Lebron went off. I mentioned the Indiana's inexperience contributed to their losing. Heat fans were in tears crying that Lebron had no help, Battier sucks, Miller is trash OKC is the most stacked team in the league blah blah blah, then all of a sudden act like their team steamrolled swept the playoffs just because they won a championship. Fact is that the Heat are beatable and depending on the match up there are teams that can exploit Battier or Lebron at PF. It's great to have faith in your team but lets not act like at some points during the season you guys weren't jumping ship.

So are you basically saying that Miami's not the best team in the NBA and that LeBron can't play PF? :facepalm

red1
10-14-2012, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=Nash]Yeah, if Wade got his knee issues at the start of the season.

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
:oldlol: It wouldn't have gotten injured if everything went as planned with the training camp, preseason and conditioning.

[QUOTE=Nash]Yeah, if Wade got his knee issues at the start of the season.

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Of course no COHERENT point to counter facts(Wade going down with a knee injury during a regular, long 82 games season) when presented. Nothing but rambling nonsense. Big surprise:sleeping

What do you want me to say? Looking at the 08-09, 09-10, and 10-11 seasons, Wade was healthy when entering the Playoffs and produced at a great and heavy rate. All 82 game seasons with several games in the Playoffs.

But here comes a lockout season, and he has a knee problem that requires surgery right after the Finals? :oldlol:

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 05:10 PM
What do you want me to say? Looking at the 08-09, 09-10, and 10-11 seasons, Wade was healthy when entering the Playoffs and produced at a great and heavy rate. All 82 game seasons with several games in the Playoffs.

But here comes a lockout season, and he has a knee problem that requires surgery right after the Finals? :oldlol:

Child please. Bring up all kinds of IRRELEVANT information all you want. The FACT is, had last season been 82 games, Wade wasn't going to last at the rate he was going. There's a reason why he HAD TO have surgery IMMEDIATELY after the Finals....in a 66 game season . Nice try:applause:

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Child please. Bring up all kinds of IRRELEVANT information all you want. The FACT is, had last season been 82 games, Wade wasn't going to last at the rate he was going. There's a reason why he HAD TO have surgery IMMEDIATELY after the Finals. Nice try:applause:

What makes you think he would have had the injury if it was a regular season? Don't forget that during the lockout the players had no contact with the teams, didn't really train, didn't go trough a conditioning cycle and didn't go through training camp and preseason? How are you about to tell me that if he went through all of that, he would have still had the knee injury? Dude put up 23, 5, 4 on 50% going on one knee that he had to have scoped right after the season. Imagine if he were healthy. :eek:

ihoopallday
10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
What makes you think he would have had the injury if it was a regular season? Don't forget that during the lockout the players had no contact with the teams, didn't really train, didn't go trough a conditioning cycle and didn't go through training camp and preseason? How are you about to tell me that if he went through all of that, he would have still had the knee injury? Dude put up 23, 5, 4 on 50% going on one knee that he had to have scoped right after the season. Imagine if he were healthy. :eek:

:applause: :applause:

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 05:20 PM

Yeah cuz he was just telling the media that it was giving him trouble during the Pacers series, and started to get worse during the Finals, in order to make Lebron look good. I can already tell math, ISN'T your best subject in school:roll:

Nice try:applause:

upside24
10-14-2012, 05:20 PM
You make some good points but the guy you are talking to is LakersReign.

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah...that's right. I'm supposedly crazy cuz some lyin' dumba**(rrr3) who doesn't know me, or know a damn thing about me, MADE UP some b.s., posted it, and CAN'T prove a word of it. But "brainiacs" like the idiot above me is "normal" enough to STILL believe it anyway, simply cuz the lyin' POS(rrr3) said so. That one didn't go the way you thought it would....huh?:roll:

wakencdukest
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Battier will have trouble against bigger power forwards. He probably won't last very long guarding 4's. I think LeBron should be guarding that position, that way he expends all his energy trying to hold off the big guys under the basket.

JohnnySic
10-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Any team with good bigs should be able to abuse a Bosh/Battier 4/5 combo. The Celtics will, the Knicks if they get their heads on straight, the Sixers with a healthy and focused Bynum, the Pacers if they grow some balls, etc...

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah cuz he was just telling the media that it was giving him trouble during the Pacers series, and started to get worse during the Finals, in order to make Lebron look good. I can already tell math, ISN'T your best subject in school:roll:

Nice try:applause:

Erm... I'm actually in double accelerated math at my school and that is easily my best subject. :oldlol:

But on the other hand, you can't really tell if the knee would have been a problem through a full season. So we will never know that. All I know is that while two of the big three had to deal with injuries throughout the post season, the Miami Heat still came out on top and became champions. They still will go down in history as champions, lock out season or not.

:cheers:

EnoughSaid
10-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Any team with good bigs should be able to abuse a Bosh/Battier 4/5 combo. The Celtics will, the Knicks if they get their heads on straight, the Sixers with a healthy and focused Bynum, the Pacers if they grow some balls, etc...

Miami can easily put out a lineup of Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Haslem/Bosh out there if necessary. They also have guys like Anthony, Pittman and Harrellson to through around at 4's that will give them trouble. The Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Battier/Bosh lineup will be a tough cover actually for many teams out there. If Miami goes Wade/Allen/LeBron/Lewis/Bosh, then that would be even more devastating.

LakersReign
10-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Erm... I'm actually in double accelerated math at my school and that is easily my best subject. :oldlol:

But on the other hand, you can't really tell if the knee would have been a problem through a full season. So we will never know that. All I know is that while two of the big three had to deal with injuries throughout the post season, the Miami Heat still came out on top and became champions. They still will go down in history as champions, lock out season or not.

:cheers:

Yeah....uh huh....right....sure....if you say so:rolleyes:

Please. The knee was a problem in a 66 games season, so it would've been a problem in an 82 games season. You don't want to admit that cuz you already know it would've meant no championship for the Heat. Simple as that

Umad101
10-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Battier at PF? Looool pua gasol is going to eat that motherf*cker alive

RoseCity07
10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I can't tell you how much I hate this line up. In NBA 2k13 this is also their default starting squad. I get killed on the boards because I'm always roaming the perimeter with Lebron. Bosh isn't a great rebounder to begin with.

I like the traditional line up with a true center that is in there to get rebounds. At the very least they should have Haslem in there. Then you have a nice bench with Ray Allen, Battier, and Rashard Lewis. I guess they think Battier is going to be some kind of master 3 point shooter like he was in the finals.

wakencdukest
10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Miami can easily put out a lineup of Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Haslem/Bosh out there if necessary. They also have guys like Anthony, Pittman and Harrellson to through around at 4's that will give them trouble. The Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Battier/Bosh lineup will be a tough cover actually for many teams out there. If Miami goes Wade/Allen/LeBron/Lewis/Bosh, then that would be even more devastating.

If anything, Lewis will hurt them big time. He can't guard no one and he can't score other than wide open 3's. He got totally exposed in the finals against the Lakers a few years back. Frankly, I'm surprised Miami even signed him, but I guess they are trying to add to their plethora of 3 point specialists.

upside24
10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Don't see how this will work consistently.

Kblaze8855
10-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I can't tell you how much I hate this line up. In NBA 2k13 this is also their default starting squad. I get killed on the boards because I'm always roaming the perimeter with Lebron. Bosh isn't a great rebounder to begin with.

Have you tried being man enough to not use the Heat?

RoseCity07
10-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Have you tried being man enough to not use the Heat?

Lol. I use many different teams. I use the Blazers primarily and do just fine. My friend picks the Thunder though and I need to match star power with star power.

UtahJazzFan88
10-14-2012, 06:01 PM
They did it last year just fine in the playoffs and in some regular season games. I don't see the isuse. Plus Battier isn't going to be guarding PF's, LeBron is.

LeBron will guard PF's on defense, Battier SF's on defense. Ibaka guarded Battier a bit in the finals.

So really, if anything, LeBron is more of the PF than Battier.

Ruutu
10-14-2012, 06:11 PM
If Lebron, Bosh and Wade are ready in the playoffs ! It does not matter who they are going against! Miami is the team to beat!

derb2k2
10-14-2012, 06:12 PM

'nough said.

Lebron23
10-15-2012, 03:25 AM
They did it last year just fine in the playoffs and in some regular season games. I don't see the isuse. Plus Battier isn't going to be guarding PF's, LeBron is.

LeBron will guard PF's on defense, Battier SF's on defense. Ibaka guarded Battier a bit in the finals.

So really, if anything, LeBron is more of the PF than Battier.

This

All Net
10-17-2012, 10:31 AM
If Lebron, Bosh and Wade are ready in the playoffs ! It does not matter who they are going against! Miami is the team to beat!
Yeah They are until somebody proves they can beat them. Having Battier could be an issue vs L.A for example but having Bosh and Haslem to spread the floor could also be a problem for L.A to deal with too. Also it must be said if Lebron plays like he did in the playoffs last year that alone gives them an advantage, He

JohnnySic
10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Celtics - KG, Bass/Sullinger
Nets - Lopez, Humphries, Baltche
Knicks - Amare, Chandler, Camby
Pacers - Hibbert, West
Sixers - Bynum, Hawes

^Every one of those should abuse Bosh/Battier.

LamarOdom
10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Still likely to kick the Celtics ass for the third time in a row, en route to the Finals again, regardless. So it's all good.

Congrats kicking the ass of some dinosaurs lets not forget the reason for Dwade and LBJ joining up retard.

Mr. Incredible
10-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Ahhh when are people going to learn to not sleep on the Heat?

All Net
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Celtics - KG, Bass/Sullinger
Nets - Lopez, Humphries, Baltche
Knicks - Amare, Chandler, Camby
Pacers - Hibbert, West
Sixers - Bynum, Hawes

^Every one of those should abuse Bosh/Battier.

Hibbert didn't in the playoffs...Amare neither or KG.

brantonli
10-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes... David West is similar to Blake Griffin, in terms of athleticism, conditioning, and strength. It would be the same thing.

You've got me there.

Part of defending well is to ensure your man never gets off the ground. Blake Griffin's vertical leap is completely useless if you box him out correctly, preventing him from jumping up in the first place. The solution is the run and gun, which won't work against Heat cause of LeBron and Wade.