PDA

View Full Version : Melo is looking like an MVP candidate folks..

eliteballer
10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
http://knicksnow.com/videos/1776/knicks-edge-celtics-in-ot

Wow............he and the Knicks look sharp and in shape in those highlights. Look at the ball movement. Bringing in all those vets could be working.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb9m5tuDjs1r2br17o2_400.png

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c43.0.403.403/p403x403/535940_10151473924574616_56536650_n.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb9n25YFLn1r2br17o1_500.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2012, 10:57 AM
1: The preseason is officially too early to discuss the MVP award.

2: You are not an MVP candidate if you are only the third-best player at your position.

eliteballer
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
2: You are not an MVP candidate if you are only the third-best player at your position.

Since when?

Mr. Incredible
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Knicks have the talent. I hope they do well because I miss the old days when Miami and New York hated each other.

cavsfanatic
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Since when?
he means it's no way Melo will win mvp over Lebron and Durant. I tend to agree with him, unless Melo does more than just score.

Lebron could win mvp every year but he won't win it this year so Melo could win it if the Knicks are a top 3 seed.

I fully expect Durant to win it though

Sarcastic
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM

http://www.derrickrosemvp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DerrickRoseMVP.jpg

I never knew MVPs were based off some hypothetical ranking relative to the position you play. :confusedshrug:

plUto or bUst
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Any MVP talk for someone other than Lebron or Durant (and maybe Paul) is silly talk.

Clutch
10-17-2012, 11:08 AM
My comment on the highlights: pick and roll baby :rockon:

Sarcastic
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Any MVP talk for someone other than Lebron or Durant (and maybe Paul) is silly talk.

I remember right after the "Decision", people were saying Lebron would never win another MVP because playing with Wade and Bosh would take away votes from him. Now he is a near lock, and it's silly to think anyone other than he or Durant will win. :confusedshrug:

I remember also that Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, and Derrick Rose were all HUGE favorites to win it the year that they did. :rolleyes:

iDunk
10-17-2012, 11:11 AM
He's ... beautiful ... :cry: :cry:

http://i45.tinypic.com/23sbtih.gif

che guevara
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I've seen this thread every offseason for the last 5-6 years.

Money 23
10-17-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.derrickrosemvp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DerrickRoseMVP.jpg
Rose is a combo guard, not a pure PG. He had to play SG in 2011 as well.

MVP doesn't always go to the best player. LeBron and Wade were putting up the same numbers and performances for that 2011 team.

Rose wins via context the same way Iverson beat out Shaq in 2001. It's hard to vote MVP for a guy with a fellow top five caliber teammate putting up comparable numbers and performances.

stevieming
10-17-2012, 11:17 AM
no chance....

Melo is melo, a second tier volume scorer.

His best ceiling is Paul Pierce.

CarlosBoozer
10-17-2012, 11:18 AM
I find the knicks super exciting when they get hot from downtown! I"ll always remember when JR Smith and Novak went nuts with 3 bombs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkbG9JyBIGA

Sarcastic
10-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Rose is a combo guard, not a pure PG. He had to play SG in 2011 as well.

MVP doesn't always go to the best player. LeBron and Wade were putting up the same numbers and performances for that 2011 team.

Rose wins via context the same way Iverson beat out Shaq in 2001. It's hard to vote MVP for a guy with a fellow top five caliber teammate putting up comparable numbers and performances.

Well that's my point. The MVP doesn't by default go to the best player in the NBA. It goes to the player on a team that is at the top or near the top, and had the most impact for that team.

Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash were never the best players in the NBA. But they led their respective teams to incredible records, and were the greatest contributors to that success.

greymatter
10-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Looks like someone forgot that the Knicks suck and Melo is a very distant 3rd best at his position.

DuMa
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
preseason overreaction is like premature ejaculation. dont embarrasss yourself like the OP did folks. the shit is hard to clean up.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I never knew MVPs were based off some hypothetical ranking relative to the position you play. :confusedshrug:
The MVP season Rose was first-team All-NBA. Some may not have put him that high up but he was the consensus top pg in the game. So what's your point?

Money 23
10-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Well that's my point. The MVP doesn't by default go to the best player in the NBA. It goes to the player on a team that is at the top or near the top, and had the most impact for that team.
Glad we agree then, bro.

I didn't know if you were one of those bitter NYC / Miami / LeBron fans about D. Rose's well deserved MVP, and were throwing jabs at him.

pegasus
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I was saying the same thing last year, but then he underperformed in the first half of the season. He may find himself in the discussion this season, but I don't think he can win it.

Durant should have it locked. And if it weren't for Wade's injuries last year (where Bosh and Chalmers stepped up more than Lebron), he would have won it last year, too.

Money 23
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Durant should have it locked. And if it weren't for Wade's injuries last year (where Bosh and Chalmers stepped up more than Lebron), he would have won it last year, too.
Totally agree. Without Wade's injury plagued season, I don't think it's a done deal LeBron would've won. The media at that point would've wanted to get the award in the hands of a young, uncorrupted, and loyal Kevin Durant. Even if he's not unquestionably the best player on his team, either.

greymatter
10-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Glad we agree then, bro.

I didn't know if you were one of those bitter NYC / Miami / LeBron fans about D. Rose's well deserved MVP, and were throwing jabs at him.

/snicker at "Rose's well deserved MVP".

The Spurs had the lock on the best regular season record until Duncan, then Ginobili and Parker got injured in the last 12 games of the regular season, limping in at 4-8 in that stretch.

Had the Spurs been healthy, they'd have won about 65-66 games and Rose wouldn't have been in the picture. Since the best player on the best team didn't have even a top 10 player, the award would have gone to Dwight or Lebron.

Mr Clutch Melo
10-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Peope been saying this since 09, he will underachieve as uasual.

Chrono90
10-17-2012, 12:32 PM
MVP is the award for a season. That means 7 months. Please don't judge from a few preseason games. Melo can go off for a week or even a month or two but he has never been consistent throughout a full season.

mark
10-17-2012, 12:57 PM

Wow............he and the Knicks look sharp and in shape in those highlights. Look at the ball movement. Bringing in all those vets could be working.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c43.0.403.403/p403x403/535940_10151473924574616_56536650_n.jpg

Melos game has been devastated by the departure of Lin. Lin just made Melo much better, as a basketball player and a person.

red1
10-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Melos game has been devastated by the departure of Lin. Lin just made Melo much better, as a basketball player and a person.
stfu

niko
10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
It's preseason. I see things i like and things i don't. MVP?

L.A. Jazz
10-17-2012, 01:11 PM
i dont see Melo winning MVP ever.

kurple
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I've seen this thread every offseason for the last 5-6 years.
This

And i might have made 3 of them. But i'm starting to think Melo will never get it

Ikill
10-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I remember right after the "Decision", people were saying Lebron would never win another MVP because playing with Wade and Bosh would take away votes from him. Now he is a near lock, and it's silly to think anyone other than he or Durant will win. :confusedshrug:

I remember also that Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, and Derrick Rose were all HUGE favorites to win it the year that they did. :rolleyes:
Well he's not playing with the same Wade and Bosh anymore so his MVP was deserved. If Wade returns back to 2011 level and they win under 65 games than he should have no case for mvp. If Wade is healthy than Melo is clearly more valuable to the Knicks than Lebron is to the Heat.

kNIOKAS
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
no chance....

Melo is melo, a second tier volume scorer.

His best ceiling is Paul Pierce.
At this point you're making Paul Pierce look bad IMO. He has the work ethic and the character which is exactly the factor that separates him from the likes of Carmelo.

Nash
10-17-2012, 01:23 PM
He won't get it, maybe he has a chance to beat Lebron because it'll be harder for him to get it and they don't want to give it to him every year but he surely won't get it ahead of Durant who's next in line.

DCL
10-17-2012, 01:24 PM
the media votes for the MVP, and they're all melo haters. don't see this fantasy ever happening.

Whoah10115
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
This entire thread is full of fail.

Hard to say a player looks like an MVP candidate based on preseason. You can say he looks like he's ready to finally make that jump and be in that tier is one thing, but he can't look like an MVP until he starts being valuable.

The fact that he's the 4th (because he isn't the 3rd) best at his position also should have nothing to do with it. Chris Mullin is a hall-of-famer but he was never ever as good as Charles Barkley. But he was ahead of Barkley as an MVP candidate and even on the All-NBA Team in 92 and it was deserved.

Even if the other two are the best players in the entire league (something people are ignoring when saying he's the 3rd or 4th best at his position) Carmelo can, in fact, have a better and more valuable season.

tmacattack33
10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
LOL.

Knicks fans :facepalm

Just give it up already guys. Your locale provided you with an opportunity to be a legendary team in the most bad ass city on Earth. So many stars have publicly stated how much they love playing at Madison Square Garden. Any star who plays for NY is automatically a celebrity.

Yet, somehow, you have only reached the success level of a below average NBA team for the past 15 years.

This must be frustrating.

You have a choice now though. You can become a Brooklyn fan. And if you don't, it is your own fault and no one is going to pity you.

Whoah10115
10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Had the Spurs been healthy, they'd have won about 65-66 games and Rose wouldn't have been in the picture. Since the best player on the best team didn't have even a top 10 player, the award would have gone to Dwight or Lebron.

Makes sense, as Rose was the MVP frontrunner from the all-star break on, when the Bulls didn't even have the best record in their conference.

lilgodfather1
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Makes sense, as Rose was the MVP frontrunner from the all-star break on, when the Bulls didn't even have the best record in their conference.
LOL I agree with you. 9/10 seasons Rose wasn't winning the MVP with the season he put up (which was very good, but not great), but the league had a down year in terms of MVP candidates.

Firstly Kobe's team just wasn't good enough, and his stats were kind of "regular" by his standards.

Secondly Dwight Howard who would have won MVP if he had been on a better team simply was just on a bad team.

Durant wasn't ready, and the Thunder weren't good enough.

Lastly the media was not giving the MVP award to any member of the Miami Heat after their 2010 stunt. Fans were angry, and it wasn't a good story to sell.

The media voting is more about story than deserving. It was a great story for LeBron to go from hated to hero, immature to humble, etc just like it was a great story for DRose to lead the underdog Bulls to the best record in the league, and become the heir to Jordan's throne.

Not hating on Rose with this post at all, but it's pretty clear that while he was the most deserving of the MVP in 2011, in just about any other year he wouldn't have won it. Doesn't change that he is the youngest MVP in history, and it doesn't change that he is a very good HOF caliber player.

Fiasco
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Massive Volume Player?

niko
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
LOL.

Knicks fans :facepalm

Just give it up already guys. Your locale provided you with an opportunity to be a legendary team in the most bad ass city on Earth. So many stars have publicly stated how much they love playing at Madison Square Garden. Any star who plays for NY is automatically a celebrity.

Yet, somehow, you have only reached the success level of a below average NBA team for the past 15 years.

This must be frustrating.

You have a choice now though. You can become a Brooklyn fan. And if you don't, it is your own fault and no one is going to pity you.

Brooklyn has a team that can't win a title either, is about the same tier, and they are capped out for 4 years instead of our 2. Why Brooklyn? Why not the Lakers or something if we are going to be bandwagon jumpers?

Haha, Knicks suck - you should go cheer for Brook Lopez and JJ. Really? These are my choices?

Sarcastic
10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
The MVP season Rose was first-team All-NBA. Some may not have put him that high up but he was the consensus top pg in the game. So what's your point?

At the end of the year, not going into it. He wasn't even 3rd Team All NBA the year before.

Point is Rose was not a top 3 PG going into the season. Using the line of reasoning you did would mean Rose could have never won it.

el gringos
10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
If Knicks could deal amare for shooting bigs then Carmelo could win MVP. With how poor the roster meshes right now it will not look good on him

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
At the end of the year, not going into it. He wasn't even 3rd Team All NBA the year before.

Point is Rose was not a top 3 PG going into the season. Using the line of reasoning you did would mean Rose could have never won it.
If Melo has a better year than Durant and James he'll be MVP. He won't, but that would put him where he'd need to be.

Mr Exlax
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Looking like an MVP candidate.....in the preseason? :biggums:

The Ownage
10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Are we judging MVP candidates in preseason? Has ISH really stooped that low? :lol

Suckafree
10-17-2012, 04:54 PM

This is so wrong

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
This is so wrong
This post isn't even an argument.

The Ownage
10-17-2012, 05:07 PM
We may have seen that with Rose depending on how each person's PG ranking was the year that he won it.

But yeah Melo would have to elevate his game and show consistency to be put in with the Lebron/Durant MVP discussions.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2012, 05:11 PM
We may have seen that with Rose depending on how each person's PG ranking was the year that he won it.

But yeah Melo would have to elevate his game and show consistency to be put in with the Lebron/Durant MVP discussions.
Different people may not have thought he was the best but as a first-team All-NBA Guard with no other PG on the first team he was the consensus top pg.

outbreak
10-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Melo doesn't have enough media on his side.

Salazaar
10-17-2012, 07:03 PM
MVP my ass.

Suckafree
10-17-2012, 08:19 PM

95 MVP race. D-Rob won, Shaq 2nd, Ewing 4th, Hakeem 5th.
Now I'm not saying all these guys were better than D-rob at the time. But going into the start of the 94-95 season, it definitely would not be unreasonable to say D-rob was the third best C.

1998-1999 (Malones MVP year). C-Webb, Duncan, maybe even KG could have all been argued above Malone.

Again, going into the 07-08 year (Kobes MVP season). Although a little more of a stretch than the previous examples, but there are people that would have argued T-Mac and D-Wade > Kobe before the season began.

Edit: not a melo fan btw

TaLvsCuaL
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/wwb5ea.gif

fos
10-17-2012, 08:25 PM
It's hard to envision anyone other than Lebron or Durant winning it, and even if they both were to die in a plane crash, I don't see Melo sniffing an MVP award. IF Blake Griffin were to make some huge strides on his defense, jump shot, and free throw shooting, I could see him making some noise since he's such an exciting player and his team should be elite. :pimp:

chips93
10-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Again, going into the 07-08 year (Kobes MVP season). Although a little more of a stretch than the previous examples, but there are people that would have argued T-Mac and D-Wade > Kobe before the season began.

:coleman:

nobody thought that t-mac was better than kobe heading into that season

Whoah10115
10-17-2012, 08:37 PM
95 MVP race. D-Rob won, Shaq 2nd, Ewing 4th, Hakeem 5th.
Now I'm not saying all these guys were better than D-rob at the time. But going into the start of the 94-95 season, it definitely would not be unreasonable to say D-rob was the third best C.

1998-1999 (Malones MVP year). C-Webb, Duncan, maybe even KG could have all been argued above Malone.

Edit: not a melo fan btw

I hear what you're saying, but you must use better examples. #1, T-Mac was not the same T-Mac, Wade came off an injury, and Kobe was already considered the best player on the planet.

95...you could not argue Patrick over Robinson going into the season. And you could not argue Shaq over Robinson going into the season, unless someone attempted to project. Shaq had been in the league 2 years and while his numbers were gaudy in 94, so were Robinson's, who was clearly the better player.

Rose is a good argument, because he simply was not top 4 going into the season. He wasn't yet ahead of Tony Parker either. The only argument he could have over Paul was that Paul was injured that year. Still, no real argument.

The best argument tho is Steve Nash. Nash was not better than Jason Kidd. With Billups winning Finals MVP, you could argue he was behind him. But for sure, you couldn't argue that he was as good as Kidd. And Nash, like Melo, had already been in the league a long time (Nash 8 years, Melo 9).

Edit: Mourning was almost that argument.. In his case, Ewing and Hakeem were both coming off injuries. But he was still behind both, as well as Shaq and Robinson.

RRR3
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
:coleman:

nobody thought that t-mac was better than kobe heading into that season
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/82502_o.gif

nightprowler10
10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
LOL I agree with you. 9/10 seasons Rose wasn't winning the MVP with the season he put up (which was very good, but not great), but the league had a down year in terms of MVP candidates.

Firstly Kobe's team just wasn't good enough, and his stats were kind of "regular" by his standards.

Secondly Dwight Howard who would have won MVP if he had been on a better team simply was just on a bad team.

Durant wasn't ready, and the Thunder weren't good enough.

Lastly the media was not giving the MVP award to any member of the Miami Heat after their 2010 stunt. Fans were angry, and it wasn't a good story to sell.

The media voting is more about story than deserving. It was a great story for LeBron to go from hated to hero, immature to humble, etc just like it was a great story for DRose to lead the underdog Bulls to the best record in the league, and become the heir to Jordan's throne.

Not hating on Rose with this post at all, but it's pretty clear that while he was the most deserving of the MVP in 2011, in just about any other year he wouldn't have won it. Doesn't change that he is the youngest MVP in history, and it doesn't change that he is a very good HOF caliber player.
Excellent post.

28renyoy
10-17-2012, 09:08 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/82502_o.gif

I know you're not serious

McGrady
06: 24.4/6.5/4.8 49.4 TS%
07: 24.6/5.3/6.4 51.5 TS%

Kobe
06: 35.4/5.3/4.5 55.9 TS%
07: 31.6/5.7/5.4 58.0 TS%

westside_baller
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
As in years past, he's a top 15 caliber player, but definitely outside of the 6-7 names who will be discussed most frequently for the mvp award. My prediction:

Lebron
Durant
Dwight

PyrrhusX
10-17-2012, 09:47 PM
I feel like Durant will have a down year and GOATbrook will win it.....
But that said, I can see melo being a top 10 player but not an MVP candidate.

longtime lurker
10-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Melo's problem has always been consistency. It's crazy that he's never lead the league in scoring he should be a consistent 30 10 guy. Only way he gets MVP is if Knicks have a top 4 record and he puts up some insane stats, then again Amare was getting MVP consideration for leading the Knicks to a 6th seed in the East. Go figure

ILLsmak
10-18-2012, 01:54 AM
I think Melo can be one of the best, but he'll not win a MVP unless the Knicks go ape shit.

-Smak

Whoah10115
10-18-2012, 03:13 AM
He should be averaging 30 and 10? Give him the award every year.

kenny817
10-18-2012, 07:29 PM
1: The preseason is officially too early to discuss the MVP award.

Rondo?

You're an idiot

SevereUpInHere
10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Melo's problem has always been consistency. It's crazy that he's never lead the league in scoring he should be a consistent 30 10 guy. Only way he gets MVP is if Knicks have a top 4 record and he puts up some insane stats, then again Amare was getting MVP consideration for leading the Knicks to a 6th seed in the East. Go figure

Come on man, unrealistic expectations. Who has ever averaged 30&10?

I expect him to score more than last season, I'd expect him to be back around 26 again.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Rondo?

You're an idiot
Who said anything about Rondo, idiot?

Rowe
10-18-2012, 07:58 PM

30 PPG & 10 RPG?

Huh?

TheFan
10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
He has a shot...

lets say 30 pts... on 48% shooting... with 7 boards and 4 asists... and the Knicks win 55 games, would you complain if Carmelo Anthony was given the MVP with that stat sheet? because those are very possible numbers for him.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-18-2012, 10:42 PM
He has a shot...

lets say 30 pts... on 48% shooting... with 7 boards and 4 asists... and the Knicks win 55 games, would you complain if Carmelo Anthony was given the MVP with that stat sheet? because those are very possible numbers for him.

He CAN do that but i think those years are over for him by choice. He stated this summer he no longer wants to score 30 or 40 points to lead the team to a win, he's done with the numbers game all he wants is to win.

I predict: 24.5ppg 6.3rpg 3.0apg 1spg

stevieming
10-19-2012, 05:17 AM
At this point you're making Paul Pierce look bad IMO. He has the work ethic and the character which is exactly the factor that separates him from the likes of Carmelo.

Sorry you're quite right! PP34 is one of my favourite players.

Why I said Melo's best ceiling is PP32 is:

1. Scoring. Both excellent scorers, relying on jukes, fakes and bully ball.
2. Both post up very well.
3. Both rebound very well.
4. Both can pass and play defense, but PP34 much better at both those categories. Maybe Melo can improve.
5. Both look out of shape at times, but Paul has actually had a great career and consistency in all his seasons.

nayte
10-19-2012, 05:40 AM

Yeah, I agree with the consistency bit.Melo has always had the game to be MVP.I've just never seen him play like that for a full season.Who knows maybe this is the year he will put it all together but he will have to lead the Knicks to the top 2-3 best records for the season.

Whoah10115
10-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm a bit worried with all this talk of him not caring about stats.

Carmelo is a scorer. That's his game. He's not going to help the Knicks without being a great scorer. If his overall stats are down, because we run some tight offense (always think of the way the Blazers have traditionally spread the wealth), that's one thing.

But he better be a scorer. Otherwise, why did we trade half our team and pay him $100Million?

Hotlantadude81
10-19-2012, 12:52 PM

One of the most overrated players from the last 5-7 years.

imdaman99
10-19-2012, 12:54 PM
i like the knicks pick and roll game. if anything, felton is back in shape and he wont allow rondo to dominate the knicks as he used to... with his 18-18-21 type triple double games :lol

longtime lurker
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Come on man, unrealistic expectations. Who has ever averaged 30&10?

I expect him to score more than last season, I'd expect him to be back around 26 again.

No its not unrealistic. Its not like Melo's an undersized SF. He's a big guy that can get minutes at the 4 and plays with Amare who's a horrible rebounder. I'm not saying that he has to be 30 and 10 to be mvp but that's the high regard that I have for Melo. He has the 2nd best scoring skillset after Kobe there's no reason he can't crack 30 points other than focus and dedication. If all Melo had to do was score and rebound I think he could do. Even if you don't agree with the 30 and 10 numbers I just used it as an example to show that he can be so much better than he's shown thus far.

Court Vision
10-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think 'Melo will have the numbers for MVP. I think he will play on an MVP level, but the Knicks offense will be very deep and balanced.

22/7/3 on high efficiency, and 50+ wins.

Real Men Wear Green
10-19-2012, 01:50 PM
i like the knicks pick and roll game. if anything, felton is back in shape and he wont allow rondo to dominate the knicks as he used to... with his 18-18-21 type triple double games :lol
Felton may get 18 and 6 himself so that the NY PG isn't as badly outplayed as he used to be but Felton isn't going to prevent Rondo from doing anything.

StateOfMind12
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Peope been saying this since 09, he will underachieve as uasual.
This.....same shit different year. Melo will not be an MVP candidate.

Simple Jack
10-19-2012, 08:15 PM
He's a dark horse candidate for sure. If Knicks finish top 4 in the East, and Melo is dropping near 30 on a nightly basis he's definitely going to be in the talk.

Whoah10115
10-19-2012, 10:13 PM
His jumpshot is so off, I can't believe it.

RoseCity07
10-19-2012, 11:16 PM
We hear this every year. In fact, I thought the date of this threads beginning would be from like 2008. He's never going to win an MVP. Lebron is better. Hell, Wade is better. Melo plays weak defense and he can't carry a team as the man.

Jax
10-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Same old Melo. He's gonna suck and make the team suck with him because he's winning anyways even if he shoots the team to death. What's new? lol

eliteballer
11-07-2012, 10:48 PM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

28renyoy
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

26/7/2 43% is MVP caliber? :facepalm

bluechox2
11-07-2012, 10:54 PM
if the knicks can win more than 50, and be the best defensive team in the league

Hoopz2332
11-07-2012, 10:56 PM

:lol

Sarcastic
12-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I agree.

airchibundo507
12-12-2012, 09:04 AM

probably not.

but what about 28/7 on 47/45/80?

ShaqAttack3234
12-12-2012, 09:23 AM
probably not.

but what about 28/7 on 47/45/80?

Yeah, and the numbers aren't even that important. I've said it for several weeks, but it's clear that he's better than ever right now, and is well on his way to having his best season before. He's put up comparable numbers before, it's obvious that this is the best he's been at both ends, and the best he's been as a leader. I believe he's elevated himself into the first tier of NBA superstars. He's definitely an MVP candidate. But his teammates and Woodson deserve a lot of credit as well. Looking forward to getting Shumpert and Amare back, this team will be loaded. Lets just hope Amare adds to the team and doesn't subtract. We don't need Amare to average 20+, just to be another offensive threat, and hopefully play hard defensively and go after rebounds more. At this stage in his career with how Melo and the rest of the team are playing plus a real coach, I think it's plausible. I just won't hold my breath!

Great call by eliteballer. :applause:

bluechox2
12-12-2012, 09:32 AM
numbers dont account for much...its all about team play , wins and his impact on all the games and right now, knicks are rolling and his numbers that he put up dont hurt at all...

dudes playing out of position, banging against power forwards and he has made most of them look silly on offense and on defense.

Graviton
12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
If Knicks get the #1 seed with Melo leading the way, I don't see why he can't get it. Unless Durant himself gets the best record in the league with 27/8/3/2/2.

Though gotta say Durant, Westbrook, Melo have improved a lot and are playing as better teammates. ****ing sucks because Rose basically missed out on 2 years of development due to his injury, breaks my heart seeing everyone go on while he won't be back the same til next season.

Sarcastic
12-12-2012, 10:10 AM
If Knicks get the #1 seed with Melo leading the way, I don't see why he can't get it. Unless Durant himself gets the best record in the league with 27/8/3/2/2.

Though gotta say Durant, Westbrook, Melo have improved a lot and are playing as better teammates. ****ing sucks because Rose basically missed out on 2 years of development due to his injury, breaks my heart seeing everyone go on while he won't be back the same til next season.

How is it 2 years of development lost for Rose? He's been out for 6 months, and might come back at the end of the year. As long as his knee heals properly, he'll be fine.

Graviton
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
How is it 2 years of development lost for Rose? He's been out for 6 months, and might come back at the end of the year. As long as his knee heals properly, he'll be fine.
Even before the ACL, his whole 2012 season was filled with injuries that broke down his body. He couldn't get into a rhythm or develop consistently. So from he never really got time to develop since that season. Now even if he comes back in March, he won't truly be 100% til 2013 season.

Bandito
12-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Rose should see this injury as a blessing and work on his outside shooting, which he desperately needs. He needs for the opponents to be scared of his outside shooting so he can operate inside way easier, a l

pegasus
12-12-2012, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bandito]Rose should see this injury as a blessing and work on his outside shooting, which he desperately needs. He needs for the opponents to be scared of his outside shooting so he can operate inside way easier, a l

rmt
12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
If MVP race comes down to Melo, KD and Lebron, Melo will get it simply because he's in NY. The voters won't want to give Lebron a 4th and nobody cares about OKC.

Askmeificare
05-18-2013, 10:49 PM
:biggums:

TheMarkMadsen
05-18-2013, 10:51 PM
:biggums:

Melo was the only reason this game wasn't a blowout there in the 2nd & 3rd (along with shump)

Melo had a great game.

CelticBaller
05-18-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Orlando Magic
05-18-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

SpecialQue
05-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Melo's post-game rectum: http://media.away.com//away/images/grand-canyon-np.jpg

chosen_one6
05-18-2013, 10:54 PM

Tmuston Beltics
05-18-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

PJR
05-18-2013, 10:56 PM
:roll: :roll:

LABean
05-18-2013, 10:56 PM

Young X
05-18-2013, 10:57 PM

Orlando Magic

Brain Becker

Raymond
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

K Xerxes
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM
This. Is. Priceless.

truhooper
05-18-2013, 11:05 PM
http://i.qkme.me/36kepp.jpg