PDA

View Full Version : What if Lakers got LeBron James in 2014?

insidehoops
10-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Several teams' executives have told ESPN.com they believe the Lakers are positioning themselves to make a run at LeBron James in 2014, when the Miami Heat star can choose to become a free agent. Recently, Kobe Bryant told CBSSports.com that he sees himself playing only two more seasons (2012-13 and 2013-14) and then retiring at age 35. Bryant said similar things in an interview with Yahoo! Sports over the summer. ESPN.com

Bryant has two years left on his contract, and next season he is scheduled to become just the second player ever to earn more than $30 million in a season. The other was Michael Jordan. Whether or not you believe the ultra-competitive Bryant will follow through with that retirement plan, his statements seem to be a sign that a contract extension or new contract is no sure thing. ESPN.com

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

upside24
10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
ISH will crash a numerous posters will have mental breakdowns.

DuMa
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
You better have some 1337 ass servers by then

Fudge
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Imagine pauk and the rest of Bron Bron's dickriders. :oldlol:

CJ Mustard
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
0% chance Lebron would even consider that. He's not an idiot, he knows his legacy will take another hit if he leaves his team in his prime for the second time in less than 5 years.

ripthekik
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
All becoming Lakers fans :roll: :roll: :roll:

pauk
10-18-2012, 11:55 AM

What is there to imagine? And what do you mean with "dickrider", i like Lebrons game... then i guess i must be a "dickrider"...

upside24
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
0% chance Lebron would even consider that. He's not an idiot, he knows his legacy will take another hit if he leaves his team in his prime for the second time in less than 5 years.
There no need for him to leave. If he continues evolving his game and remains effective like MJ did post-athletic prime talent will come to the Heat.

If he wins a few more championships even more players will flock to the Heat.

kennethgriffin
10-18-2012, 11:57 AM
i could see them doing a sign and trade for gasol and nash to get lebron on a buyout clause... miami rebuilds blows it up... lakers get lebron because kobe just retired and howard is still there needing a running mate...

lebron will say "wtf why would i stay in miami with bosh and a washed up wade when i can be #1 on LA with howard as my robin

yup.. sadly i see it happening too

ripthekik
10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh and he won't be just teaming up with Dwight. He'll likely ask CP3 to join as well. Lebron.. let's just say.. he likes to be safe. :cheers:

Fudge
10-18-2012, 12:02 PM
What is there to imagine? And what do you mean with "dickrider", i like Lebrons game... then i guess i must be a "dickrider"...
Ohh nothing, just a thought of how this board will be if this does eventually go down, and Kobe signing an extension.

Ahh come on now pauk, its more than that between you and him. It's almost gay and weird tbh.

pauk
10-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Ohh nothing, just a thought of how this board will be if this does eventually go down, and Kobe signing an extension.

Ahh come on now pauk, its more than that between you and him. It's almost gay and weird tbh.

Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... :confusedshrug: .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy that will bandwagon around and/or team fanboy that will get butthurt if he leaves..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and ofcourse i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed... but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...

upside24
10-18-2012, 12:04 PM

It's weird that you brought up dickriding and finding things gay. No?:confusedshrug:

Fudge
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
It's weird that you brought up dickriding and finding things gay. No?:confusedshrug:
Huh?

Fudge
10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... :confusedshrug: .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy and/or team fanboy..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and ofcourse i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed... but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...
Not sold pauk. Convince me otherwise when the season is underway. :cheers:

JohnnySic
10-18-2012, 12:10 PM
It will happen, and he's bringing Bosh with him. The Lakers will have Kobe and Gasol coming off the books to the tune of $50 million, so they can sign both. Kobe will be resigned for 1-2 years at short money.

LeBron-Howard-Bosh will all still be 30 and under.

upside24
Huh?
:lol Not follow? Ignore.

pauk
Not sold pauk. Convince me otherwise when the season is underway. :cheers:

To convince you what? I have been liking Lebrons game since his highschool days... and been rooting for him to succeed...

Fudge
10-18-2012, 12:12 PM
:lol Not follow. Ignore.
Should've ignored my response in the first place. It was intended for pauk, no? :confusedshrug:

Fudge
10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
To convince you what?
That you're a "basketball fan". Therefore, we all shouldnt be seeing you degrading other players that are being said in the same sentence with LeBron.

"Oh man, _____ looks to be bigger than LeBron in that picture. More ripped as well, dont you say?"

"Please dude, have you seen LeBron naked? Dude has __% body fat. Not even close. :no: "

All Net
10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Very unlikely but who saw Nash and Dwight as lakers?

pauk
10-18-2012, 12:19 PM
That you're a "basketball fan". Therefore, we all shouldnt be seeing you degrading other players that are being said in the same sentence with LeBron.

"Oh man, _____ looks to be bigger than LeBron in that picture. More ripped as well, dont you say?"

"Please dude, have you seen LeBron naked? Dude has __% body fat. Not even close. :no: "

Give me one instance where i have been "degrading" other players that are being said in the same sentence with Lebron?

I use only logical/factual/objective assessments.... if you say for example that Durant is the best player in the world i will strongly disagree and present you those logical/factual/objective assessments to prove you why that is wrong.... does that mean i degrade Durant in this case (hell, i love Durants game, what would i gain from that agenda unless i was a stan kiddie?) or correct an incorrect statement? There is a difference....

Like i said, you are confusing me with a typical 12 year old stan.... its a popular stereotype belief you (Lebron cynics) like to say upon other/any basketball fans who like Lebrons game or somebody who doesnt even like Lebrons game but doesnt hate him (hence disagreeing with your absurd/ignorant Lebron cynic statements).... stop it...

Fudge
10-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Give me one instance where i have been "degrading" other players that are being said in the same sentence with Lebron?
Pretty much every thread that you've made regarding LeBron. I dont need to pin point exactly one instance. :oldlol:

I use only logical/factual/objective assessments.... if you say for example that Durant is the best player in the world i will strongly disagree and present you those logical/factual/objective assessments to prove you why that is wrong.... does that mean i degrade Durant in this case (hell, i love Durants game)........ or correct an incorrect statement? There is a difference....
No you dont, you present assumptions, stats, and just your plain old opinion. It's not even an argument with you.

Like i said, you are confusing me with a typical 12 year old stan.... its a popular stereotype belief you (Lebron cynics) like to say upon other/any basketball fans who like Lebrons game or somebody who doesnt even like Lebrons game but doesnt hate him.... stop it...
No, we'd never mistaken you for anybody on this board. You're the biggest LeBron stan on this board. Plain and simple. You arguing against that is beyond me. :oldlol:

R.I.P.
10-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Well than it would be Howard, Bron, 40 year old Nash and 12 D-Leaguers.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Let's make one thing clear. Kobe is not retiring if the Lakers land LeBron.

SpecialQue
10-18-2012, 12:52 PM
This would be an amazing "get" for the franchise, and would reclaim LA's status as the most hated franchise in the NBA.

Dwight & Lebron would be Kareem & Magic 2.0. I'd fvcking love to see this happen for the team.

SpecialQue
10-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Let's make one thing clear. Kobe is not retiring if the Lakers land LeBron.

If he could calm down his ego he'd easily add another few rings to his already impressive resume. That's a big if though.

lilgodfather1
10-18-2012, 12:57 PM
This is one of the two places I see LeBron going to personally. A team with tons of cap space, and a superstar is a rare find in free agency.

The only other team that could lure him away imo would be Cleveland, but things would have to go perfectly for them to do so. Dion would have to look like an all star caliber player, Tristan would have to look like a jr. Anderson Varejao, and Kyrie would have to continue to be a beast. Their next pick could also be a big part of luring LeBron back to Cleveland.

The stories written about LeBron's epic return to Cleveland would be almost worth it for him publicity wise even if the team sucked.

Droid101
10-18-2012, 01:00 PM
They'd probably land Kevin Love too. He's a free agent that year too if he wants to be.

Ouch.

Pushxx
10-18-2012, 01:00 PM
I'd say it's a greater than 20% chance of happening. The sports world would go ballistic.

Needless to say, ISH would explode like a nuclear bomb went off.

AirTupac
10-18-2012, 01:02 PM
They'd probably land Kevin Love too. He's a free agent that year too if he wants to be.

Ouch.

Isn't it 2015?

Also, this isn't farfetched. Lakers have the cap space and a superstar to attract LeBron. The real question is will LeBron take the risk of having another "decision" type of reaction from the world.

Other free agents in 2014 - Wade, Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Dirk, Pau, Amare, Zach Randolph, Gortat, Bogut

(Don't know how accurate this is since I got it from a poster on LN)

lilgodfather1
10-18-2012, 01:05 PM
This would be an amazing "get" for the franchise, and would reclaim LA's status as the most hated franchise in the NBA.

Dwight & Lebron would be Kareem & Magic 2.0. I'd fvcking love to see this happen for the team.
The comparison is not really valid imo, but I understand your point. I just think that a duo like LeBron and Dwight has never existed, and mostly that is because a player like LeBron has never really existed. First of all for the 2.0 comment LeBron, and Dwight are much more athletic than their counterparts, and LeBron is much better than Magic at everything, except the thing that makes Magic the greatest PG of all time, and Dwight isn't better than Kareem at anything except jumping, and defense.

LeBron and Dwight would be a great duo though. Putting two DPOY candidates, and two perennial top 3 MVP candidates on the same team is never a bad thing.

DaSeba5
10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Everyone would freak out.

I would continue to watch the Heat as I do every year, winning or not.

SpecialQue
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
The comparison is not really valid imo, but I understand your point. I just think that a duo like LeBron and Dwight has never existed, and mostly that is because a player like LeBron has never really existed. First of all for the 2.0 comment LeBron, and Dwight are much more athletic than their counterparts, and LeBron is much better than Magic at everything, except the thing that makes Magic the greatest PG of all time, and Dwight isn't better than Kareem at anything except jumping, and defense.

LeBron and Dwight would be a great duo though. Putting two DPOY candidates, and two perennial top 3 MVP candidates on the same team is never a bad thing.

Strongly disagree on this, but Magic's my all time favorite player, so of course I'm going to disagree. Anyhow, I get what you're saying, but it would probably be the closest thing the modern era would have to it. Dwight doesn't have Kareem's moves, but Lebron is definitely the heir to Magic's style.

PJR
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Miami > LA

Pat Riley > Kupchak

Micky Arison > Jerry Buss

LeBron has made South Florida his second home to Akron. He'll be there for the long hall.

KyrieTheFuture
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd probably stop watching the NBA. The good stay good and the bad stay bad should be the slogan if that happens.

AirTupac
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Miami > LA

Pat Riley > Kupchak

Micky Arison > Jerry Buss

LeBron has made South Florida his second home to Akron. He'll be there for the long hall.

Except none of the above are true :oldlol:

lilgodfather1
10-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Isn't it 2015?

Also, this isn't farfetched. Lakers have the cap space and a superstar to attract LeBron. The real question is will LeBron take the risk of having another "decision" type of reaction from the world.

Other free agents in 2014 - Wade, Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Dirk, Pau, Amare, Zach Randolph, Gortat, Bogut

(Don't know how accurate this is since I got it from a poster on LN)
Dirk or Randolph would be amazing pick ups for the LeBron/Dwight Lakers. OJ wouldn't be terrible either. Dirk isn't realistic at all, but Randolph doesn't seem far fetched at all imo.

LeBron will take a lot of money because this will be hist last max deal. He'll get a little over 20 million the first year (105% of his previous contract). With Dwight's 20,200,000 give or take, and LeBron's 20 million in addition to Steve's 9,700,000 would bring them to about 50 million total. That would give them 10 million + to spend on free agents, and Zach Randolph would definately be available for that amount.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-18-2012, 01:24 PM
If he could calm down his ego he'd easily add another few rings to his already impressive resume. That's a big if though.
I would almost go as far as saying that would be one of lebron's stips if he did sign in lala land, that kobe re-signs.

Droid101
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I'd probably stop watching the NBA. The good stay good and the bad stay bad should be the slogan if that happens.
How is that any different from him staying in Miami? The "good stay good" still in that case, right?

eliteballer
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
and LeBron is much better than Magic at everything,

:roll:. I'll pass on LeBron. He won't be nearly as good at 30.

6JamesIsKing
10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
this will never happen

6JamesIsKing
10-18-2012, 01:28 PM
:roll:. I'll pass on LeBron. He won't be nearly as good at 30.

he won't catch aids like Tragic Johnson.

lilgodfather1
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Strongly disagree on this, but Magic's my all time favorite player, so of course I'm going to disagree. Anyhow, I get what you're saying, but it would probably be the closest thing the modern era would have to it. Dwight doesn't have Kareem's moves, but Lebron is definitely the heir to Magic's style.
I don't want to turn this into a LeBron vs. Magic debate so let's just agree to disagree on that part. I guess you're right. I always forget just how bad the current crop of NBA "centers" is. Hopefully in the next few years Demarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Cody Zeller, Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noels, Greg Monroe, etc develop into legitimate big men and turn the '10's into a C dominated era. The problem as you know is that all of the great, or potentially great centers of this current era ran into injures. Oden, Yao, Bynum, etc all were/could have been top big men in the NBA, but injuries prevented it leaving the current crop to rot in hell.

Fudge
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
he won't catch aids like Tragic Johnson.
So much butthurt in this post. :oldlol: Typical LeBron stan response. This post actually makes pauk more reasonable.

arifgokcen
10-18-2012, 01:31 PM
What i would hate most about lebron going to LA is irrational lebron fans and lakers fans would become one.Imagine lakersreign or kennethgriffin combined with pauk defending lebron.

Even the thought of this creeps me out

krazymofo
10-18-2012, 01:39 PM
holy shit ISH would implode with the idea of Laker fans and Lebron fans like myself coming together as one. ISH would be an orgy of the Laker's fan base.

lilgodfather1
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
holy shit ISH would implode with the idea of Laker fans and Lebron fans like myself coming together as one. ISH would be an orgy of the Laker's fan base.
If Kobe was still on the team it would be one giant Lakers troll fest. 90% of the fans on this board are either Lakers fans, LeBron fans, or Kobe fans. With all three being one it would be insane.

Money 23
10-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Worst nightmare would be the Lakers once again stealing mega talent developed elsewhere.

If Kobe saw the Lakers picked up Bron, he'd stay to try and get more rings. Even if he's no longer a 20 ppg scorer.

The boards would be unbearable. Super teams? Try super ISH. It's already 50% Laker fans, 40% LeBron / Heat fans ...

90% v.s. the 10% if it happens.

upside24
10-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Mind-blown.:cheers:

LBJ 23
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Well, for Lebron fans who follow and root only for Lebron and are not bound to any particular team(like myself), it wouldn't be such a big deal. We would just cheer for Lebron and his new team.

But imagine all those Lebron haters and supposedly Lakers fans like lakersreign, kenethgrifin, alphawolf, pegasus, Nick Young etc... They would have to swallow all the shit they were spitting about Lebron all these years or they would have to still hate on him even though he would play for their ''favourite'' team. Such a confused situation for them it's hilarious :lol

BoutPractice
10-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Could happen.
But what if, say, Miami threepeats? (Or simply wins in 2014)
Would he leave a team just after having won a championship with them?

JohnnySic
10-18-2012, 01:58 PM
http://frathousesports.com/wp-content/uploads/LeBron-Lakers.jpg

It would be perfect. The Fake Chosen One playing for the Evil Empire!

StateOfMind12
10-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Assuming Kobe retires or isn't as good anymore, I suspect most Kobe fans would actually completely root against the Lakers by then.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Assuming Kobe retires or isn't as good anymore, I suspect most Kobe fans would actually completely root against the Lakers by then.
you do realize 2014 is only 2 years away, right?

Nash
10-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Lebron going to the Lakers = Him turning the last of his haters.

Lebron will not leave Miami as long as Bosh is around though..

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Lebron going to the Lakers = Him turning the last of his haters.
nobody really hates LeBron anymore imo.

upside24
10-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Depends if Lakers manage to win some championships. LA fans will be beating their chests for a little while.

SpecialQue
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM

That would be great, to tell you the truth. I'd love to know who's actually a fan of the team and who's just a Kobe stan.

CavaliersFTW
10-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Lakers fans will suddenly appear to expand as Heat fans will suddenly appear to decrease...

That's the problem with stans, they dont care what team a player is playing for they will pretend to be a fan of any team as long as their hero is on it. A lot of new accounts will be made by the wave of new "Lakers fans" (Old Lebron Heat) fans. Just like after the "Decision" magically there was a lot less Cavs fans and a ton of new Heat fans coming out of the woodwork with Lebron/Heat related accounts... Kobe fans disguised as Laker fans might continue to talk trash about Lebron or simply disappear altogether for a while so from the outside NBA world it might look like Laker fans are at war with each other for a but in truth it will be Lebron/Kobe stans both looking confused as hell about how to identify with their "team" because neither actually gives a sh*t about the Lakers.

scm5
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
LOL.

What would be amazing is if Kobe and Gasol resign for one more year, vet's minimum.

Nash, Kobe, Lebron, Gasol, Dwight

jjayfive
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't put past them... Lakers seem get who they want most of the time..

KOBEtherealKing
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL.

What would be amazing is if Kobe and Gasol resign for one more year, vet's minimum.

Nash, Kobe, Lebron, Gasol, Dwight

i think nash will retire. he would be like 41 or 42. he wouldnt start, imo.

KyrieTheFuture
10-18-2012, 02:17 PM
How is that any different from him staying in Miami? The "good stay good" still in that case, right?

The Lakers have been bad for like 9% of their history vs 70% of Miami's. I meant historically good not currently good.

indiefan24
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Lakers fans will suddenly appear to expand as Heat fans will suddenly appear to decrease...

That's the problem with stans, they dont care what team a player is playing for they will pretend to be a fan of any team as long as their hero is on it. A lot of new accounts will be made by the wave of new "Lakers fans" (Old Lebron Heat) fans. Just like after the "Decision" magically there was a lot less Cavs fans and a ton of new Heat fans coming out of the woodwork with Lebron/Heat related accounts... Kobe fans disguised as Laker fans might continue to talk trash about Lebron or simply disappear altogether for a while so from the outside NBA world it might look like Laker fans are at war with each other for a but in truth it will be Lebron/Kobe stans both looking confused as hell about how to identify with their "team" because neither actually gives a sh*t about the Lakers.

See Exhibit A:

Well, for Lebron fans who follow and root only for Lebron and are not bound to any particular team(like myself), it wouldn't be such a big deal. We would just cheer for Lebron and his new team.

Money 23
10-18-2012, 02:20 PM
The Lakers have been bad for like 9% of their history vs 70% of Miami's. I meant historically good not currently good.
That 9% was literally '92 - '97 :oldlol:

Miami hasn't been THAT bad. They were consistently in the playoffs through out the 90's. Were great under Riley. They were competing for ECF / Finals type situations.

Were favorites for awhile with a stacked roster in the early 2000s before Zo got hurt and had his kidney thing.

They were dominant in the mid 2000s. Were bad for a couple seasons, then were in the playoffs again. And once again great / dynasty caliber starting the next decade

KyrieTheFuture
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
That 9% was literally '92 - '97 :oldlol:

Miami hasn't been THAT bad. They were consistently in the playoffs through out the 90's. Were great under Riley. They were competing for ECF / Finals type situations.

Were favorites for awhile with a stacked roster in the early 2000s before Zo got hurt and had his kidney thing.

They were dominant in the mid 2000s. Were bad for a couple seasons, then were in the playoffs again. And once again great / dynasty caliber starting the next decade

I mean they're not as bad as half of the rest of the league but they're still not elite in terms of franchise history (although that will change if this turns into a dynasty). I don't think LeBron will leave Miami, and if he does it won't be to LA IMO but I've been wrong before. I just don't see the benefit to it.

LBJ 23
10-18-2012, 02:28 PM
See Exhibit A:

Except I never pretended to be a fan of any team. I don't post much, but I said many times that Lebron is my favourite player and I would cheer for any team he plays for.

So you fail :facepalm

senelcoolidge
10-18-2012, 02:36 PM
:lol laker fans are some of the most delusional people you will ever meet and not that intelligent. They think that everyone wants to play for them. Reality doesn't work like that. Anything for publicity. They try to grab anything out of their ass. Next: Kyrie Irving will replace Steve Nash in 2014.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-18-2012, 02:42 PM
:lol laker fans are some of the most delusional people you will ever meet and not that intelligent. They think that everyone wants to play for them. Reality doesn't work like that. Anything for publicity. They try to grab anything out of their ass. Next: Kyrie Irving will replace Steve Nash in 2014.
Doubt that. Kyrie Irving is on record saying that he has always dreamed of playing for the Cavs ever since he was in elementary school. imagine that.

KyrieTheFuture
10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Doubt that. Kyrie Irving is on record saying that he has always dreamed of playing for the Cavs ever since he was in elementary school. imagine that.

When was that?

upside24
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Hope Kryie makes the next level this year and starts making noise.

BlackVVaves
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure if you started it Jeff, but this Bron to LA thing is all over Twitter right now :wtf:

upside24
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure if you started it Jeff, but this Bron to LA thing is all over Twitter right now :wtf:
:lol

KG215
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... :confusedshrug: .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy that will bandwagon around and/or team fanboy that will get butthurt if he leaves..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and of course i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed...

You're the very definition of a LeBron "fanboy" or LeBron "stan". Your obsession with LeBron goes beyond that of a typical fan and into the really creepy range.

but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...
Dude, no one that's been around ISH the last few years is buying this bullshit nonsense. I've seen you give Durant numerous backhand compliments at any hint of someone saying he's as good as LeBron. "I like Durant's as a player and like his game...BUT he's not as complete of a player as LeBron. He's basically just a shooter."

You couldn't care less if Ray Allen, Durant, Wade, CP3, Nash, etc. ever win a title.

If we could just go to your profile and look at your posts, I could more-or-less just close my eyes, scroll down, and find such a post at whatever random spot I stop.

You just try to hide these types of posts by leading in with the "I like this player's game and love watching him play" lead-in before handing out a backhanded compliment or two or three.

I use only logical/factual/objective assessments.... if you say for example that Durant is the best player in the world i will strongly disagree and present you those logical/factual/objective assessments to prove you why that is wrong.... does that mean i degrade Durant in this case (hell, i love Durants game, what would i gain from that agenda unless i was a stan kiddie?) or correct an incorrect statement? There is a difference....
You mean like the "logical/factual/objective assessment" where you stated LeBron was a better passer than Larry Bird by using APG numbers and cherry picked Youtube videos? Yes, that argument was flawless and very objective.

I can't recall one conversation or argument (that I've seen) involving LeBron in which you've been objective.

CavaliersFTW
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
You're the very definition of a LeBron "fanboy" or LeBron "stan". Your obsession with LeBron goes beyond that of a typical fan and into the really creepy range.

Dude, no one that's been around ISH the last few years is buying this bullshit nonsense. I've seen you give Durant numerous backhand compliments at any hint of someone saying he's as good as LeBron. "I like Durant's as a player and like his game...BUT he's not as complete of a player as LeBron. He's basically just a shooter."

You couldn't care less if Ray Allen, Durant, Wade, CP3, Nash, etc. ever win a title.

If we could just go to your profile and look at your posts, I could more-or-less just close my eyes, scroll down, and find such a post at whatever random spot I stop.

You just try to hide these types of posts by leading in with the "I like this player's game and love watching him play" lead-in before handing out a backhanded compliment or two or three.

You mean like the "logical/factual/objective assessment" where you stated LeBron was a better passer than Larry Bird by using APG numbers and cherry picked Youtube videos? Yes, that argument was flawless and very objective.

I can't recall one conversation or argument (that I've seen) involving LeBron in which you've been objective.
b-b-but he's a big fan of Larry Bird dont u remember? :lol

KG215
10-18-2012, 03:24 PM
b-b-but he's a big fan of Larry Bird dont u remember? :lol

That's his go-to disclaimer and what he uses to try and convince the mindless sheep that he really is objective when it comes to discussing LeBron. He's said the same thing numerous times about Durant. Maybe not the "big fan" part, but every time there's a "LeBron vs. Durant" conversation, and pauk gets involved, he always makes sure to tell everyone "I really like Durant and his game. He's [insert backhanded compliment 1 here], [insert backhanded compliment 2 here], and [insert backhanded compliment 3 here]."

Clippersfan86
10-18-2012, 03:26 PM
What if the Heat got Derrick Rose? What if the Knicks got Kevin Durant? What if the Spurs got Russell Westbrook? What if the Heat got Chris Paul?

chazzy
10-18-2012, 03:38 PM
What if the Heat got Derrick Rose? What if the Knicks got Kevin Durant? What if the Spurs got Russell Westbrook? What if the Heat got Chris Paul?
LA would actually have the cap room for it, that's the point of the article

Clippersfan86
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
LA would actually have the cap room for it, that's the point of the article

I understand... and other teams could clear cap too. I don't see Lebron going to the Lakers at this point even in 2014. Wade will be what 32 or 33? Still a superstar most likely if remotely healthy. Bosh will be 30 and still an all star. As long as Reilly keeps building around him and him and Spo keep improving that relationship he has no reason at all to leave. If he does he's going to face some serious wrath for his lack of loyalty. He will probably have 2 rings in Miami by then so why leave?

Sure Dwight is better than Wade but he's not better than Wade+Bosh obviously. People are REALLY starting to underrate Wade who just two years ago was an undisputed top 5 player to most people. It's just pointless to speculate stupid things like this. Remember this would be a gutted Lakers team that releases Pau Gasol. Sure Dwight+Lebron would dominate but the key is who they surround those players with.

Zackmorris
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
This site would be hammered for about a week if Lebron joined the Lakers.

Part of me wants this to happen to see this site riot

TylerOO
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
That would be nuts.

glidedrxlr22
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM
I would stop watching the nba for a season.....maybe more.

AirTupac
10-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I would stop watching the nba for a season.....maybe more.

Yeah you probably won't and neither will anyone else. Mr.Laker Hater must be a full time job :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
When was that?
exactly.

Sarcastic
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. Lebron has always been a bandwagoner and takes the path of least resistance. LA would be the best chance for him to win easy rings.

RaininTwos
10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
What i would hate most about lebron going to LA is irrational lebron fans and lakers fans would become one.Imagine lakersreign or kennethgriffin combined with pauk defending lebron.

this:oldlol: :oldlol:

Money 23
10-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. Lebron has always been a bandwagoner and takes the path of least resistance. LA would be the best chance for him to win easy rings.
Sad, but true. In regards to your avatar, what's with Amare's NYC orthodox jew swag?

LakersReign
10-18-2012, 04:06 PM
FAKE Cavs fans, turned FAKE Heat fans, would then turn into FAKE Laker fans is what were to happen if the Lakers were to ever sign Lebron:rolleyes:

glidedrxlr22
10-18-2012, 04:24 PM
FAKE Cavs fans, turned FAKE Heat fans, would then turn into FAKE Laker fans is what were to happen if the Lakers were to ever sign Lebron:rolleyes:

If I could neg you again I gladly would.

KeyNote
10-18-2012, 04:41 PM
The best front office in sports will have cap space for the first time in a long time, and everybody's shook

as they should be

greymatter
10-18-2012, 04:47 PM
It will happen, and he's bringing Bosh with him. The Lakers will have Kobe and Gasol coming off the books to the tune of $50 million, so they can sign both. Kobe will be resigned for 1-2 years at short money.

LeBron-Howard-Bosh will all still be 30 and under.

Uh....you have to be under the cap to sign FAs.

Howard's contract will be around 22 million by then, about 1/3 of the salary cap. Unless LA's other 9 or so players are signed for a total of less than 10 million, there's no way they could ever hope to sign BOTH of them unless both Lebron and Bosh take huge pay cuts.

maybeshewill13
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
OP is a raging phagg0t. Would neg.

Money 23
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM

They would form Voltron-Troll

imagining AlphaWolf24, eliteballer, kennethgriffin, LakersReign, longtime lurker, lakers forever having a baby with pauk, KingWillBall, nash, madmax, numbersix, lolgodfather1, EnoughSaid, MiamiThrice

Ugh. This site would perish under their rule.

Sarcastic
10-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Sad, but true. In regards to your avatar, what's with Amare's NYC orthodox jew swag?

That was when he showed up to the Heat playoff game in Miami.

Clippersfan86
10-18-2012, 05:05 PM
That was when he showed up to the Heat playoff game in Miami.

Not even kidding all along I thought I was looking at a pic of Karl Malone.

Sarcastic
10-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Not even kidding all along I thought I was looking at a pic of Karl Malone.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fcead59/turbine/sfl-heat-celtics-game5-008/600

It was the Heat vs Celtics game.

Clippersfan86
10-18-2012, 05:09 PM

Wow.... he DOES look like a slimmer Karl Malone in that pic though :eek:

bdreason
10-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Every team is going to make a run at LeBron James in 2014. How is this a story? :oldlol:

LakersReign
10-18-2012, 05:44 PM
They would form Voltron-Troll

imagining AlphaWolf24, eliteballer, kennethgriffin, LakersReign, longtime lurker, lakers forever having a baby with pauk, KingWillBall, nash, madmax, numbersix, lolgodfather1, EnoughSaid, MiamiThrice

Ugh. This site would perish under their rule.

Just cuz you(money23) and rrr3 butt**** each other DOES NOT mean everyone else does. Keep your sick g*y fantasies to yourself you sick bast**d(money23). But then again, why am I surprised when he's ALWAYS on rrr3's d**k, like his(rrr3's) little b***h(money23)?:eek:

drizzy0503
10-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Please, Riley will steal LaMarcus Aldridge, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins to form a New Big 4 wih LeBron as ringleader. Then he'll get Rudy Gay, Gerald Green, and Andray Blatche to lead the second unit.

2014 Starters:

SF- LeBron
PG- Chalmers
PF- Bosh
SG- Wall
C- Cousins

Bench:

Dwyane Wade
Norris Cole
LaMarcus Aldridge
Ray Allen
Gerald Green
Rudy Gay
Rashard Lewis
Terrel Harris
Mickell Gladness
Andray Blatche

:pimp: :pimp: Godfather Riley:pimp: :pimp:
8-peat

drizzy0503
10-18-2012, 06:59 PM

:coleman: Amare's girl look like Scottie Pippen

ChuckOakley
10-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Why is this News?

Can't someone just look at LBJ's contract and LAL's contract situation and add 1 + 1?

Wow.. what passes as journalism these days is sad.

Eat Like A Bosh
10-18-2012, 08:58 PM
There are 2 types of fans, the Pro-Lakers Anti LeBron ones, the Pro-LeBron Anti Lakers. Now what would happen if this did happen...

monkeypox
10-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I'd prefer my team to be mediocre than have LeBron. Not a fan of the guy.

As for another "decision" fiasco, it's a totally different situation. He originally went to Miami under contentious circumstances, there isn't going to be very much sympathy for the Heat. Much like if someone bought up OKC and moved them to some other city. You live by the douchey LeBron move, you die by the douchey LeBron move. He's established as a mercenary that looks for the least resistance possible.

As for the guy that said he's made Miami his 2nd home to Ohio and isn't leaving... uh yeah you do remember what he did to his 1st home right? What makes you think his home has any sway?

monkeypox
10-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Why is this News?

Can't someone just look at LBJ's contract and LAL's contract situation and add 1 + 1?

Wow.. what passes as journalism these days is sad.

If you read the article, it's news because a couple of GM's have mentioned it. Still speculation, bit it's also not just pulled out of thin air by the writer. (Just by the gm's)

guy
10-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Well apparently he wants to play with CP3, so I see the following scenario happening:

1. Howard resigns for the 5 year max.
2. CP3 resigns with the Clippers for the 5 year max through 2018, with the opt out clause after the 3rd year, 2016, (same type of contract D-Will signed)
3. Lebron opts in the Heat for both 2015 and 2016 since the Heat are still contenders and he can get another max contract at an older age.
4. Kobe and Gasol return after 2014 on 2 year deals (I HIGHLY doubt Kobe retires in 2 years) and the Lakers structure their contracts so they only have Howard on contract for the 2017 season.
5. Lebron and CP3 sign with the Lakers and join Howard in 2017.

I don't want this to happen. But its the Lakers and something like this always happens.

maybeshewill13
10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Well apparently he wants to play with CP3, so I see the following scenario happening:

1. Howard resigns for the 5 year max.
2. CP3 resigns with the Clippers for the 5 year max through 2018, with the opt out clause after the 3rd year, 2016, (same type of contract D-Will signed)
3. Lebron opts in the Heat for both 2015 and 2016 since the Heat are still contenders and he can get another max contract at an older age.
4. Kobe and Gasol return after 2014 on 2 year deals (I HIGHLY doubt Kobe retires in 2 years) and the Lakers structure their contracts so they only have Howard on contract for the 2017 season.
5. Lebron and CP3 sign with the Lakers and join Howard in 2017.

I don't want this to happen. But its the Lakers and something like this always happens.

That's a whole lot of ifs and buts :lol

Mr. Jabbar
10-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... :confusedshrug: .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy that will bandwagon around and/or team fanboy that will get butthurt if he leaves..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and ofcourse i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed... but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...

:rolleyes:

Kobr
10-19-2012, 12:15 AM

You just recently claimed that Wade cost Miami the 2011 title to avoid placing blame on LeBron at all costs.

And that's only one of many instances.

KOBE143
10-19-2012, 11:30 AM
:coleman: Amare's girl look like Scottie Pippen
:lol