PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports: Top 10 SG's in the NBA

StateOfMind12
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-shooting-guards-Dwyane-Wade-Kobe-Bryant-James-Harden-101412#tab=photo-title=Dwyane+Wade%252C+Miami+Heat&photo=31366508

1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. Harden
4. Joe Johnson
5. Iggy
6. Manu
7. E. Gordon
8. M. Ellis
9. P. George
10. Ray Allen/Tony Allen

Freedom Kid7
10-19-2012, 04:35 PM
1. Wade
2. Kobe

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/100/dis%20gon%20be%20good.gif

9erempiree
10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Their reasoning for why Wade is the best sucks. "If healthy...." is the reason? I can say that about a lot of players. If Kobe was healthy....blah blah blah.

Injuries and old age is part of the game.

qrich
10-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Horrid ranking, but right on par for foxsports :oldlol:

Rockets(T-mac)
10-19-2012, 04:44 PM
It is me or have SGs fallen off since the beginning of the 2000s. Back then it had Kobe, T-mac, Iverson, Carter, Allen, Finley, Stackhouse, Manu, etc. This current list looks inferior in comparison.

9erempiree
10-19-2012, 04:48 PM
It is me or have SGs fallen off since the beginning of the 2000s. Back then it had Kobe, T-mac, Iverson, Carter, Allen, Finley, Stackhouse, Manu, etc. This current list looks inferior in comparison.

Kobe's era of SG's was nuts. Probably the greatest in history. Those are some sick players to go up against versus the shorter SG of the 90's.

When Jeff Hornacek is a top 5 SG in the league, you know it sucks.

AirTupac
10-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Even Wade would say Kobe is the best SG after Wade's performance last season. :oldlol: :oldlol:

pauk
10-19-2012, 04:54 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-shooting-guards-Dwyane-Wade-Kobe-Bryant-James-Harden-101412#tab=photo-title=Dwyane+Wade%252C+Miami+Heat&photo=31366508

1. Wade
2. Kobe

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/at%20first%20I%20was%20like%20but%20then/grand/michael-phelps-mom-at-first-I-was-like-but-then-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1769.gif

Whoah10115
10-19-2012, 04:54 PM
So you have a 3 (Iguodala, tho I guess he'll start the season playing 2, and some people think he's a 2).

You have Manu #6, sure.

Paul George is a 3, tho he does play 2 for them.

List not good.

BuffaloBill
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Harden at 3 lol

red1
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/at%20first%20I%20was%20like%20but%20then/grand/michael-phelps-mom-at-first-I-was-like-but-then-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1769.gif
:oldlol:

Freedom Kid7
10-19-2012, 04:58 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009195/rocketsoy0.gif

Money 23
10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
When Jeff Hornacek is a top 5 SG in the league, you know it sucks.
Hornacek wasn't a top five SG ...

MJ faced Stackhouse and Finely. '96 - '98

StateOfMind12
10-19-2012, 05:14 PM
I think based on last season, Kobe was better but heading into next season Wade is better. Wade was simply not healthy last season.

He looked very explosive at the start of the season. He went from really explosive and getting to the rim at will to barely being able to get to the rim against anyone. There is no other explanation for that other than injuries which he suffered a lot of last season.

AirTupac
10-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I think based on last season, Kobe was better but heading into next season Wade is better. Wade was simply not healthy last season.

He looked very explosive at the start of the season. He went from really explosive and getting to the rim at will to barely being able to get to the rim against anyone and it's. There is no other explanation for that other than injuries which he suffered a lot of last season.

Kobe's #1 either way coming into this season. Wade should be better than last season but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe keeps that #1 spot now that he has Nash and Howard on his team making his life easier.

All Net
10-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Wade does not deserve to be ranked ahead of Kobe... So because wade might be more healthly this year means he should be ranked 1st? No chance.

Ikill
10-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Wade does not deserve to be ranked ahead of Kobe... So because wade might be more healthly this year means he should be ranked 1st? No chance.
Wade is better than Kobe when healthy

veilside23
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM

prime wade will never be better than prime kobe... NEVER i am not even a kobe fan...

Heavincent
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
It is pretty laughable that Wade is ranked ahead of Kobe, despite Kobe clearly being better last season.

Noof
10-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Fox sports is just mad cuz the Lakers left them for TWC.

derb2k2
10-19-2012, 09:04 PM
It is pretty laughable that Wade is ranked ahead of Kobe, despite Kobe clearly being better last season.

try harder.

DStebb716
10-19-2012, 09:44 PM
try harder.

you can't possibly deny that kobe had a better season last year? just stop and walk away. :facepalm

longtime lurker
10-20-2012, 02:14 AM
So the whole idea that Wade is better than Kobe is that he won a championship even though Kobe was clearly better than Wade? I expect to see Chris Bosh number 1 on the Poer forwards list

Kobe 4 The Win
10-20-2012, 05:47 AM
What will the excuse be after this season when Kobe outperforms Wade again? Everyone always lines up before the season starts and says "this guy is better than Kobe" or "That guy is better than Kobe". Then they play the games and Kobe shows that's he hasn't fallen off like his detractors wish he would.

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Everyone else

All Net
10-20-2012, 06:10 AM

Based on? That's like saying oden is a top center when healthly. If a guy isn't healthly doesn't mean he should get a free pass.

PyrrhusX
10-20-2012, 08:09 AM
When the 6MOTY and a third option ranks #3, you realize how thin the ranks of SG are...

And for once, I agree that
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3 - 10. Not important
Kobe should get the nudge over wade because of his decent 2011/12 season.

Money 23
10-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Westbrook should be top three

Asiantastic
10-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I just don't understand these "if they were healthy" arguments. They make about as much sense as those "per 36" or "per 48" minute arguments.

If they were healthy, TMac and VC would maybe be ranked top 10. If he was healthy, Greg Oden would be one of the top centers in the league. If Bynum was healthy, the Lakers might have beat the Celtics in 2008. If Garnett was healthy, the Celtics would have made the Finals in 2009.

The ultimate fact is that Kobe had a better season than Wade last season, both in impact and statistics. Wade played great, but many people saw how strange he was playing when he had the ball in his hands, it just wasn't natural.

Money 23
10-20-2012, 12:17 PM
If Garnett was healthy, the Celtics would have made the Finals in 2009.
Don't forget would've won.

Ne 1
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't forget would've won.

I can just as eaisly speculate that if the Lakers would've had Bynum and Ariza in '08 that they would've won.

Money 23
10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I can just as eaisly speculate that if the Lakers would've had Bynum and Ariza in '08 that they would've won.
Nah that teams weakness was toughness. Plus 2009 Rondo has more impact than those two fellas. Artest was the piece they needed to compete with those Celtics. 2009 Celtics had 2008 KG before his injury. He was never fully the same after the injury

NumberSix
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
What exactly did Kobe do last season? :confusedshrug:

PJR
10-20-2012, 06:19 PM

Shot a higher volume of shots, to score more points, on mediocre efficiency. And he was a bit healthier. That's about it.

NumberSix
10-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Shot higher volume of shots, to score more points on mediocre efficiency. And he was a bit healthier. That's about it.
This.

At least Wade BALLED OUT in a few playoff games. Kobe pretty much single handedly choked away the OKC series. They should have been up 3-1 in that series.

Ne 1
10-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Nah that teams weakness was toughness. Plus 2009 Rondo has more impact than those two fellas. Artest was the piece they needed to compete with those Celtics. 2009 Celtics had 2008 KG before his injury. He was never fully the same after the injury

The series could've eaisly gone either way in '08 and '09 if we have Bynum and Ariza.

Ariza was a better fit for L.A. than Artest, and that's what wins championships.

Artest is a strong defender, but if the Lakers needed someone to quietly hound a guy during a routine inbounds pass and be willing to make a small play to win a big game, that's Ariza.

Artest is a decent shooter, but if the Lakers needed someone willing to stand in the shadows for three quarters and emerge to make a big three-pointer before disappearing again, that's Ariza.

It's no wonder the Lakers said that Ariza was their first choice during the summer of '10, and that Artest was officially "Plan B". Kupchak even said that if he'd have had his druthers he'd have re-signed Ariza for the money they gave to Ron.

Heavincent
10-20-2012, 06:44 PM

More than Wade.

Chrono90
10-20-2012, 07:28 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Horrible ranking. Masked Kobe killed Wade last season after Wade broke his nose. Please watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pDy77dNvA

Ikill
10-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Based on? That's like saying oden is a top center when healthly. If a guy isn't healthly doesn't mean he should get a free pass.
Based on the fact when Wade was healthy in 2011 and mid season in 2012 he was better than Kobe. Don't compare Oden to Wade their situations are completely different Wade gets small injuries once in a while but he can easily play long healthy extended periods of basketball. Wade is better than Kobe when healthy so that means if he stays healthy he should have a better season. Theres a high chance he will have a healthy season because he's already proven he can stay healthy. Thats why Wade was ranked over kobe

Ikill
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I just don't understand these "if they were healthy" arguments. They make about as much sense as those "per 36" or "per 48" minute arguments.

If they were healthy, TMac and VC would maybe be ranked top 10. If he was healthy, Greg Oden would be one of the top centers in the league. If Bynum was healthy, the Lakers might have beat the Celtics in 2008. If Garnett was healthy, the Celtics would have made the Finals in 2009.

The ultimate fact is that Kobe had a better season than Wade last season, both in impact and statistics. Wade played great, but many people saw how strange he was playing when he had the ball in his hands, it just wasn't natural.
Not every situation is the same in certain situation using the per 36 argument or the when healthy are completely acceptable. If two players put up stats that are kind of close per 36 can prove who the better player was or who has more ability but it doesn't prove who was more valuable or who had the better season. Kobe had the better season he was more valuable to his team but when Wade was healthy he was better than Kobe. It depends what your trying to prove when using these what if arguments and there is nothing wrong with saying if healthy ... when the player has proven he can stay healthy.

iggy>
10-20-2012, 09:53 PM
iggy is not a guard

Heavincent
10-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Not every situation is the same in certain situation using the per 36 argument or the when healthy are completely acceptable. If two players put up stats that are kind of close per 36 can prove who the better player was or who has more ability but it doesn't prove who was more valuable or who had the better season. Kobe had the better season he was more valuable to his team but when Wade was healthy he was better than Kobe. It depends what your trying to prove when using these what if arguments and there is nothing wrong with saying if healthy ... when the player has proven he can stay healthy.

We shouldn't assume either of these guys will be healthy throughout the season. Both of them will deal with nagging injuries. The key is that Kobe is better than Wade at playing through injuries.

Whoah10115
10-21-2012, 11:20 AM

He played better than Wade.

Miller for 3
10-21-2012, 11:25 AM
iggy is not a guard

He will be on DEN. Unless you think Gallo is a guard :wtf:

HannibalKid
10-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Was better then Wade and played thru his injuries like a man. Take your goggles off bAby girl.

All Net
10-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Shot a higher volume of shots, to score more points, on mediocre efficiency. And he was a bit healthier. That's about it.

Anybody who WATCHED basketball last season knew Kobe was the better player last year. Just because you are a Heat fan doesn't mean you should see things with a blindfold on.

All Net
10-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Based on the fact when Wade was healthy in 2011 and mid season in 2012 he was better than Kobe. Don't compare Oden to Wade their situations are completely different Wade gets small injuries once in a while but he can easily play long healthy extended periods of basketball. Wade is better than Kobe when healthy so that means if he stays healthy he should have a better season. Theres a high chance he will have a healthy season because he's already proven he can stay healthy. Thats why Wade was ranked over kobe

Wade has you could argue been better maybe 2 seasons in his career over Kobe so how you can say when healthy he is better than Kobe as history doesn't show that. Wade was better in 2011 but Kobe was clearly better in 2012. Who's better in 2013..who knows but right now? Kobe has to be considered the better player..period.

Papaya Petee
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Wade right now is better then Kobe right now. Easy as that.

PJR
10-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Anybody who WATCHED basketball last season knew Kobe was the better player last year. Just because you are a Heat fan doesn't mean you should see things with a blindfold on.

Yeah..ugh...no.

First of all they had different roles.

Wade avg 22-5-4 on 50% shooting last year as a second option. And finished with a top 3 PER. Wade also had more game winners than anyone last year. He also helped the Heat win the title.

Like I said, the only thing Bryant did better last year was shoot more shots, to score more points on mediocre efficiency. And consider that Kobe lead the league in usage rate last year, while Wade played more off the ball...well then, there you go.

Ikill
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Wade has you could argue been better maybe 2 seasons in his career over Kobe so how you can say when healthy he is better than Kobe as history doesn't show that. Wade was better in 2011 but Kobe was clearly better in 2012. Who's better in 2013..who knows but right now? Kobe has to be considered the better player..period.
Wade was a better player than Kobe from 09 to 2011 and Wades best stretch in 2012 was better than Kobes best. Its pretty clear Wade when healthy is better than Kobe also Kobe has gotten worse each year since 08 while Wade stayed the same for 3 years. Even last year when Wade was healthy he was at the same level he was in 2011.

All Net
10-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Wade was a better player than Kobe from 09 to 2011 and Wades best stretch in 2012 was better than Kobes best. Its pretty clear Wade when healthy is better than Kobe also Kobe has gotten worse each year since 08 while Wade stayed the same for 3 years. Even last year when Wade was healthy he was at the same level he was in 2011.

So when Kobe won back to back titles Wade was the better player? I'm sorry but no. Was Wade better in 06 and 2011? yeah sure...but Kobe was still a top 2 player really up until 2011 when he did start to fall off abit. Since then thats when Dwight entered the frame to most as a top 2-3 player.

Wade should be at the stage where he is better than Kobe. Afterall Kobe is 34 and a 30 year old Wade should be better so yes he may be better this year and really he should be...but right now? Kobe deserves the edge..Wade shouldn't get a free pass just because he was hurt. Kobe's role of needing to score alot more and handle the ball more might change soon enough.

eliteballer
10-21-2012, 12:13 PM

:roll: Wade can barely shoot past 10 feet:

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Dwyane Wade

Not to mention his entire game is reliant on screens. He's NEVER been on Kobe's level.

Ikill
10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah..ugh...no.

First of all they had different roles.

Wade avg 22-5-4 on 50% shooting last year as a second option. And finished with a top 3 PER. Wade also had more game winners than anyone last year. He also helped the Heat win the title.

Like I said, the only thing Bryant did better last year was shoot more shots, to score more points on mediocre efficiency. And consider that Kobe lead the league in usage rate last year, while Wade played more off the ball...well then, there you go.
The reason people are saying Wade was terrible last year is because they only remember the injured Wade. Wade was kind of healthy at one point during mid season in February and March. Wade was incredible during that stretch but people can only remember the injured Wade from last year.

Heavincent
10-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Wade right now is better then Kobe right now. Easy as that.

Take the homer glasses off. Everyone else knows Kobe was better last season.

Asiantastic
10-21-2012, 12:45 PM

I'm still not convinced with the whole "when healthy" argument. If you wanna speak that language, then Kobe would have been much better had he not hurt his fingers and knee.

I'm thinking that the only reason Kobe was given #2 is because of his awful shooting percentage. Some days were just awful, throw-the-remote-at-the-screen awful, but nonetheless still had a great season.

Ikill
10-21-2012, 12:48 PM
So when Kobe won back to back titles Wade was the better player? I'm sorry but no. Was Wade better in 06 and 2011? yeah sure...but Kobe was still a top 2 player really up until 2011 when he did start to fall off abit. Since then thats when Dwight entered the frame to most as a top 2-3 player.

Wade should be at the stage where he is better than Kobe. Afterall Kobe is 34 and a 30 year old Wade should be better so yes he may be better this year and really he should be...but right now? Kobe deserves the edge..Wade shouldn't get a free pass just because he was hurt. Kobe's role of needing to score alot more and handle the ball more might change soon enough.
Im not gonna go into who was better in 09 and 10 because thats not what we are talking about. This is what it comes down to Kobe was better last year because he was healthy Wade wasn't but when Wade was healthy last year he was better than Kobe. If this ranking is for next year Wade should be number 1 if its for last year than Kobe should be number 1. Its not giving a free pass

Ikill
10-21-2012, 12:57 PM
We shouldn't assume either of these guys will be healthy throughout the season. Both of them will deal with nagging injuries. The key is that Kobe is better than Wade at playing through injuries.
Wade was fully healthy for 3 straight seasons before last year so i don't see how its crazy to think Wade will be healthy next year. Wade didn't need to play through injuries last year because he had Lebron. Also Wade doesn't get the chance to keep shooting until he finds his rhythm like Kobe before 2011 Wade never had trouble playing through injury.

chazzy
10-21-2012, 01:49 PM
How come Wade stans don't give Kobe the injury excuse in 2010.. when he had the EXACT injury as Wade? Not to mention Kobe's wrist injury from the get go and lower leg strain toward the end of last season.

Nick Young
10-21-2012, 01:53 PM

1. Wade
2. Kobe

Fox Sports fails again:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

All Net
10-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Im not gonna go into who was better in 09 and 10 because thats not what we are talking about. This is what it comes down to Kobe was better last year because he was healthy Wade wasn't but when Wade was healthy last year he was better than Kobe. If this ranking is for next year Wade should be number 1 if its for last year than Kobe should be number 1. Its not giving a free pass

I'm sorry but you can't just say Wade should be ranked 1st just because he was hurt. He has to prove it on the court. It's like me bringing up Kobe being hurt in 2010 and that's why Wade was better which wouldn't be right.

Just like Miami deserve to be ranked number 1 in the power rankings. To have somebody ranked ahead like LA they need to prove it on the floor.

That was all I was pointing out.

Papaya Petee
10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Take the homer glasses off. Everyone else knows Kobe was better last season.
Take the homer glasses off yourself. Plenty of people in this thread and forum alone think Wade is better and have good reasoning behind it. Kobe did nothing spectacular last year rather then shot jack to his 28 ppg and blow the series to the Thunder.

iggy>
10-21-2012, 02:49 PM
If the nuggets think that iggy will be a top 10 shooting guard then they are in for a rude awakening. Sixers tried him at the 2 before... He was awful to say the least.

red1
10-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Kobe was better for most of the 2012 season but if the knee surgery did anything, it won't even be a debate going into next season