PDA

View Full Version : La clippers play too hard preseason

SacJB Shady
10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Last night against gsw Jordan kept putting on a dunk dosplay. He was even massaging his knees. That wreck less behavior can get him hurt. He should focus on his game instead of flashy dunks.

Not 1 not 2 but 3! 3 hits in 1 by da hunter!

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Last night against gsw Jordan kept putting on a dunk dosplay. He was even massaging his knees. That wreck less behavior can get him hurt. He should focus on his game instead of flashy dunks.

Not 1 not 2 but 3! 3 hits in 1 by da hunter!

:roll: :roll:. Your team was 5-1 in the preseason the Clippers were 3-3... so which team is playing too hard? Not anybody's fault the Clippers were the first bench to the destroy the Warriors.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 12:30 AM
U don't think he should take it easy clippersfan86?

Um... DeAndre needs all the burn and competition he can get and he's never been injured in his career so it's nothing worth discussing. Only time he's missed games was due to Pneumonia.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Never too early to work on clutchness!

coin24
10-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Gotta practice those clutch blocks!!:lol

b0bab0i
10-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Gotta practice those clutch blocks!!:lol
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Even Griffin got in a nasty block last night.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 01:09 AM
But was it clutch?

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 01:10 AM
But was it clutch?

Give it a rest man. Clippers are significantly better than the Jazz.... you have smaller fish to fry like Suns, Wolves, Warriors etc who may out you for the 8th seed. Let the big boys like the Spurs, Lakers and Thunder worry about the Clippers.

bdreason
10-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Warriors have been playing hard also in the preseason. Truth is, Clippers length gave Lee and Landry problems inside, and our jumpers weren't falling. I like Jarret Jack, but he doesn't stretch the court or distribute like Curry can.

Clippers are a scary team. Well rounded, deepest team in the league... ran by the best PG in the league.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Give it a rest man. Clippers are significantly better than the Jazz

Yeah they were a big 3 games better than the Jazz last year despite the play of Chops and Mr. Spur leading the charge. Pretty significant difference. Again the difference between the two is Chris Paul so you better hope he can stay on the court. When did I say the Jazz were better anyway? I said they were deeper which they most certainly are, Hollins clutchness and all.

.... you have smaller fish to fry like Suns, Wolves, Warriors etc who may out you for the 8th seed. Let the big boys like the Spurs, Lakers and Thunder worry about the Clippers.

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah they were a big 3 games better than the Jazz last year despite the play of Chops and Mr. Spur leading the charge. Pretty significant difference. Again the difference between the two is Chris Paul so you better hope he can stay on the court. When did I say the Jazz were better anyway? I said they were deeper which they most certainly are, Hollins clutchness and all.

:facepalm

Let the games be played rather than taking immature, off topic shots at the Clippers in every thread like a permanently butthurt poster. Seriously let it go bro. We'll see which bench is better shortly, give it time.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Let the games be played rather than taking immature, off topic shots at the Clippers in every thread like a permanently butthurt poster. Seriously let it go bro. We'll see which bench is better shortly, give it time.

We already seen who had the deeper bench last year and the Jazz have gotten deeper while the Clipps have a ton of question marks on theirs.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 01:32 AM
We already seen who had the deeper bench last year and the Jazz have gotten deeper while the Clipps have a ton of question marks on theirs.

Sure but those question marks may end up panning out. You can find an article every week calling the Clippers the deepest team in the league or one of the deepest. I don't hear analysts mentioning the Jazz in that topic TBH so stop acting like I'm just randomly being a homer. On paper the Clippers are deeper overall. Jazz has deeper frontcourt, no question... Clippers have deeper backcourt no question as well as SF's.

Bledsoe, Crawford, Hill are bench players that would likely start on your team. The only Jazz bench player that MIGHT be an upgrade to the Clippers is Kanter over DJ assuming DJ doesn't maintain this level of play he recently has. Depth doesn't just mean bench vs bench. It means top to bottom depth. Clippers have more talent TOP TO BOTTOM. Although purely pitting the best 5 from each bench against each other I think Clippers win.

qrich
10-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Let's put it this way. The starting point guard for Utah was, at times, the Clippers third string point guard, this past season, behind Paul and a healthy Bledsoe.

Warriors have been playing hard also in the preseason. Truth is, Clippers length gave Lee and Landry problems inside, and our jumpers weren't falling. I like Jarrett Jack, but he doesn't stretch the court or distribute like Curry can.

Sign Mike Taylor :bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Sure but those question marks may end up panning out.

And what if they don't?

You can find an article every week calling the Clippers the deepest team in the league or one of the deepest. I don't hear analysts mentioning the Jazz in that topic

The team from LA getting talked up and the team from Utah being forgotten? :eek:

stop acting like I'm just randomly being a homer

you a homer? :rolleyes:

. On paper the Clippers are deeper overall.

Take away Chris Paul and they are possibly lottery bound as they were before his arrival. Take away several Jazz players and they remain competitive.

Clippers have deeper backcourt no question as well as SF's.

Undersized backcourt and aging injury prone players leaves plenty of question there.

Bledsoe, Crawford, Hill are bench players that would likely start on your team.

Bledsoe might start? Jazz would never want Crawford. Their offense needs high IQ players not guys that take lots of bad shots. Hill makes little sense as a starter with his injury history and age. He will likely miss significant time. Makes more sense on the bench.

The only Jazz bench player that MIGHT be an upgrade to the Clippers is Kanter over DJ assuming DJ doesn't maintain this level of play he recently has.

Who knows? Vinny might like the size of Burks or maybe even Demarre which could allow them to play Caron at the 2? Also if Foye or ends up at the one Hayward would make more sense off the bench where he flourished last year. Jefferson should be on the bench as well and Millsap sadly might end up there. Favors is better than Jordan as well.

Depth doesn't just mean bench vs bench. It means top to bottom depth. Clippers have more talent TOP TO BOTTOM.

Take away Paul and no they don't. Huge holes in the Clipps roster. Jazz have a much better roster aside from Paul.

Although purely pitting the best 5 from each bench against each other I think Clippers win.

Who's the center and PF in this scenario? Who steps in for Odom, Hill, Billups and Butler when they aren't playing?

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Let's put it this way. The starting point guard for Utah was, at times, the Clippers third string point guard, this past season, behind Paul and a healthy Bledsoe.

Mo was mostly a shooting guard last year no? Your 6th man no? Jazz are better with Mo than they were with Chops certainly. Are the Clipps better with Odom instead of Mo?

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Mo was mostly a shooting guard last year no? Your 6th man no? Jazz are better with Mo than they were with Chops certainly. Are the Clipps better with Odom instead of Mo?

Odom has played 1 preseason game and 0 regular season games. Stop acting like it's already a done deal that Odom will suck this year.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Odom has played 1 preseason game and 0 regular season games. Stop acting like it's already a done deal that Odom will suck this year.

Ok. Stop acting like he is the player he was 2 years ago til he proves it and quit saying he will be playing center when that's not his position.

coin24
10-24-2012, 04:02 AM

Is he injured or just out of shape still?:confusedshrug:
The game I saw him play he looked like complete shit, so much for getting in shape over summer:facepalm

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 06:15 AM
The game I saw him play he looked like complete shit, so much for getting in shape over summer:facepalm

His knees are sore because he's too fat.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 11:26 AM

Knee bruise and out of shape. To me he just looked out of shape and slow. He still made some good plays.

Darius
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
I am mystified by Xiao's argument.

"Take away Paul and no they don't. Huge holes in the Clipps roster. Jazz have a much better roster aside from Paul."

Jazz have much better roster besides the top 5 player in the league they don't have :lol:

NugzFan
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM

Oh the irony! :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 03:05 PM
I am mystified by Xiao's argument.

"Take away Paul and no they don't. Huge holes in the Clipps roster. Jazz have a much better roster aside from Paul."

Jazz have much better roster besides the top 5 player in the league they don't have :lol:

What are you mystified about? The Jazz are deeper. The Clipps have Pau;l carrying them.

Horatio33
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Let the big boys like the Spurs, Lakers and Thunder worry about the Clippers.

I don't think those teams are worried about the low Bball IQ having, poor free throw shooting, Vinny Del Negro coached Clippers. How was the 52-17 run in game 3 for you?

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't think those teams are worried about the low Bball IQ having, poor free throw shooting, Vinny Del Negro coached Clippers. How was the 52-17 run in game 3 for you?

But that was before their huge off-season haul that made them the deepest team and gave them the best rotation in basketball.

Rake2204
10-24-2012, 04:41 PM
To go back to the original post, why has it suddenly become en vogue to believe players who jump high are ticking time bombs just waiting to have both of their knees explode? I've seen more than one person over the past few months maintain that certain high flyers need to stop dunking so much because it's undoubtedly going to lead to catastrophic injury. Where did that come from?

And when was it decided that dunking often and spectacularly was the most taxing thing a 6'10'' 240 pound freak of nature could pull off in a game? If playing too hard was a concern, wouldn't sprinting back on defense, taking charges, and/or going full speed be examples 1, 2, and 3? Not dunking, yes?

All that aside, I think playing hard in pre-season is what prepares many players and teams for the regular season. If players haven't played in NBA basketball games since April, May or June, it would not be as simple as just flipping an "in full game shape" switch on opening night. I think the pre-season is a process in which many players get themselves back in a groove, hopefully regaining their full regular season wind before pre-season's all through.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Yet all these teams without being prompted talk about how deadly the Clippers are.

All Net
10-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Clippers are deep as hell thats why they look good in pre-season..teams with little depth are losing games. Simply really.

Darius
10-24-2012, 05:02 PM
What are you mystified about? The Jazz are deeper. The Clipps have Pau;l carrying them.

I am mystified by an "argument" that says: "if you take X player off the team then my team is better than that team."

If I took Lebron off Miami, the Jazz could probably beat them too.

Top 5 players in this league are worth 12 roleplayers.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I am mystified by an "argument" that says: "if you take X player off the team then my team is better than that team."

His whole argument is that without CP3 Clippers are a terrible team.... which not only is a lie but he seems very envious of teams with superstars.

Darius
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
His whole argument is that without CP3 Clippers are a terrible team.... which not only is a lie but he seems very envious of teams with superstars.

Without CP3 the Clippers are a lottery team so I can't disagree there.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Without CP3 the Clippers are a lottery team so I can't disagree there.

I disagree strongly. Blake's a much more mature player right now (than his rookie year) and will continue to evolve. The depth and maturity on this team has improved as well. I truly believe Bledsoe, Griffin, DJ and the vets we have would no doubt grab a 7-8 seed this year and in a couple years become contenders. Bledsoe is that good.

All Net
10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Teams with superstars are more likely to contend? shocker :eek:

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Teams with superstars are more likely to contend? shocker :eek:

He seems to think depth and superstars can't be on the same team. According to him and Darius this team is a surefire lottery team without CP3 :rolleyes:

CavaliersFTW
10-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Cp3 is barely keeping the LA floppers afloat, if he gets an injury this season the team will fall apart and wont be able to make the payoffs... Hes the only brain that team has from coaching down to the last bench scrub - The level of IQ in their frontcourt in particular is just :facepalm - and dont even get me started on their (lack of) defensive hustle they showed throughout this preseason :no:

G-train
10-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I disagree strongly. Blake's a much more mature player right now (than his rookie year) and will continue to evolve. The depth and maturity on this team has improved as well. I truly believe Bledsoe, Griffin, DJ and the vets we have would no doubt grab a 7-8 seed this year and in a couple years become contenders. Bledsoe is that good.

No they wouldn't make the playoffs without Paul. It would be very unlikely.

All Net
10-24-2012, 06:14 PM

Depends on Bledsoe's development...the fact they are in the west is why they wouldn't be sure fire to be successful.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 06:19 PM

I think think without CP3 and Griffin being utilized more as the undisputed go to player as well as DJ's and Bledsoe's big, steady improvements they have shown the Clippers would be better than the Jazz, Wolves, Warriors etc and all the teams battling for 7-8 seeds.

chips93
10-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Give it a rest man.

this

CF86 should have left it at this

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:07 PM

You are right. Stars win. Clippers are possibly lottery bound again without Paul as they were before him. Jazz are deeper.

Again you are putting words in my mouth again. Before he came they were a lottery team. Maybe that has changed now? Maybe it hasn't. But he is the main reason they were a whole 3 games ahead of the Jazz last year not this incredible depth and rotation you go on about.

I truly believe Bledsoe, Griffin, DJ and the vets we have would no doubt grab a 7-8 seed this year and in a couple years become contenders. Bledsoe is that good.

They had a stretch where they were beating teams at home 2 years ago. Could they beat teams on the road though? That's where young teams have to prove themselves.

He seems to think depth and superstars can't be on the same team. According to him and Darius this team is a surefire lottery team without CP3

There you go putting words in my mouth again. I thought that was qrich's thing? You can have both. Jazz are still deeper than the Clippers and Paul is what separates the 2 teams not this great rotation and depth you think they have.

dont even get me started on their (lack of) defensive hustle they showed throughout this preseason

You must have missed those clutch blocks by Hollins or those threads on Bledsoe's heroics.

I think think without CP3 and Griffin being utilized more as the undisputed go to player as well as DJ's and Bledsoe's big, steady improvements they have shown the Clippers would be better than the Jazz, Wolves, Warriors etc and all the teams battling for 7-8 seeds.

Maybe? But what we do know is that without Chris they were a lottery team while the Jazz are a proven playoff team without a superstar and have greatly improved.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Are you really basing this on the 2010-2011 season? Don't forget that before Eric Gordon went down the Clippers went from a 5-21 start to fighting for an 8th seed before injuries again derailed the team. Bottom line is the Clippers being the 10th seed in 10-11 had everything to do with Gordon missing 30 games, Kaman missing 50 and Baron missing 15+.

That doesn't even account for the fact that Clippers have a significantly better team even excluding CP3.

Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford
Butler/Hill/Barnes
Griffin/Odom
DJ/Turiaf/Hollins

Is a playoff team even in the west.

NugzFan
10-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I love me a good ole fashion homer fight.

G-train
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Depends on Bledsoe's development...the fact they are in the west is why they wouldn't be sure fire to be successful.

Bledsoe isn't an NBA starting PG. He is a backup combo guard.
The NBA is a stars league. You need stars to win. Griffin isn't good enough atm to carry role players to the playoffs, and tbh the Clippers role players aren't special. They need a Paul to help them play well, Paul is integral to their success. If they didn't have Griffin, they would make the playoffs with Paul. Paul is near the best player in the league, top 3. And its more than his skills, its his limitless intangible abilities. He is everything to their success.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
ADon't forget that before Eric Gordon went down the Clippers went from a 5-21 start to fighting for an 8th seed before injuries again derailed the team.

I didn't forget. I mentioned they had a stretch where they were beating everyone at home but they couldn't win on the road. That's no sure fire path to the playoffs especially in the heated west.

Bottom line is the Clippers being the 10th seed in 10-11 had everything to do with Gordon missing 30 games, Kaman missing 50 and Baron missing 15+.

Actually Baron Davis being out was probably a good thing no? Bledsoe stepped up if I remember correctly. Same with Kaman. Gordon they missed. That's where depth comes in.

That doesn't even account for the fact that Clippers have a significantly better team even excluding CP3.

Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford
Butler/Hill/Barnes
Griffin/Odom
DJ/Turiaf/Hollins

Maybe but again how much do Billups/Butler/Hill/Odom play and at what level? Unless Griffin is ready to carry the team than no they probably aren't a playofff team.

G-train
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Are you really basing this on the 2010-2011 season? Don't forget that before Eric Gordon went down the Clippers went from a 5-21 start to fighting for an 8th seed before injuries again derailed the team. Bottom line is the Clippers being the 10th seed in 10-11 had everything to do with Gordon missing 30 games, Kaman missing 50 and Baron missing 15+.

Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford
Butler/Hill/Barnes
Griffin/Odom
DJ/Turiaf/Hollins

In 2005 maybe. Why even put Turiaf/Hollins? They are terrible players. Barnes is borderline terrible. Billups is old and injured, Crawford coming off worst season to date and old, Butler old and made of glass and plays bad most of the time, Hill prehistoric, Odom just sucks.
Get Paul to lead them, set them up, know their tendancies, enhance them in their roles, and you have a top 5-6 playoff seed and a chance at success.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I didn't forget. I mentioned they had a stretch where they were beating everyone at home but they couldn't win on the road. That's no sure fire path to the playoffs especially in the heated west.

Actually Baron Davis being out was probably a good thing no? Bledsoe stepped up if I remember correctly. Same with Kaman. Gordon they missed. That's where depth comes in.

Maybe but again how much do Billups/Butler/Hill/Odom play and at what level? Unless Griffin is ready to carry the team than no they probably aren't a playofff team.

I didn't say they are a high seed. I think 7-8 at best.... which is VERY far from lottery team you and Darius said. I think Griffin is almost ready and people seem to have double standards. Dude had one chance in a terrible circumstance type year to carry the team to the playoffs as a raw rookie and didn't and now he's a 2nd option at best?

Incapable of leading a team? Tons of HOF players couldn't lift their team out of the bottom for a year or two. Just so happens Blake lucked into a superstar in year two, not something that can be held against him. Jordan made the playoffs in the weak east with 36 or 37 wins his rookie year, WOW he really carried them :facepalm . Outside of a few all time great centers I don't see any teams that had a huge turnaround from a rookie. It takes a couple years.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
In 2005 maybe. Why even put Turiaf/Hollins? They are terrible players. Barnes is borderline terrible. Billups is old and injured, Crawford coming off worst season to date and old, Butler old nad made of glass and plays bad most of the time, Hill prehistoric, Odom just sucks.
Get Paul to lead them, set them up, know their tendacies, enhance them in their roles, and you have a top 5-6 playoff seed and a chance at success.

You are talking about the best rotation and deepest team in the game. You miss those clutch Hollins blocks? Ot the fact that Odom is now a center?

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
In 2005 maybe. Why even put Turiaf/Hollins? They are terrible players. Barnes is borderline terrible. Billups is old and injured, Crawford coming off worst season to date and old, Butler old and made of glass and plays bad most of the time, Hill prehistoric, Odom just sucks.
Get Paul to lead them, set them up, know their tendancies, enhance them in their roles, and you have a top 5-6 playoff seed and a chance at success.

Turiaf, Hollins, Barnes and Crawford have looked great this preseason. Say it doesn't mean anything all you want but they are engaged and playing well. Butler dropped 20 pounds and has shot 53 percent in the preseason.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM
You are talking about the best rotation and deepest team in the game. You miss those clutch Hollins blocks? Ot the fact that Odom is now a center?

I never said Odom was a center. I said he was capable of playing it once in a while. If Odom+Griffin are in Griffin will shift to center where his numbers are actually better in his career than at PF. Again though you show pathetic levels of ignorance. You're very close to going on my ignore list and not even Al Thornton is on there.

G-train
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Turiaf, Hollins, Barnes and Crawford have looked great this preseason. Say it doesn't mean anything all you want but they are engaged and playing well. Butler dropped 20 pounds and has shot 53 percent in the preseason.

They are shit.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I didn't say they are a high seed. I think 7-8 at best.... which is VERY far from lottery team you and Darius said.

7-8 is likely very close to the lottery. Clipps were only 3 games ahead of the Jazz last year who barely missed the lottery. The lottery is a lot closer than you think in especiailly in the west.

I think Griffin is almost ready and people seem to have double standards. Dude had one chance in a terrible circumstance type year to carry the team to the playoffs as a raw rookie and didn't and now he's a 2nd option at best?

He should be the first option but until he proves he can carry a team it's questionable.

Jordan made the playoffs in the weak east with 36 or 37 wins his rookie year, WOW he really carried them :facepalm

They missed the playoffs but only 6 teams made it at the time. The Bulls had one of the biggest turnarounds ever. From horrible to competitive.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
They are shit.

As I've told Xiao... Let the season play out before you start running your mouth. I'm not going to bash on any teams because I need to see them play first. I may give general opinions but calling players "shit" is stupid. Turiaf was your starting center for part of last season OUCH!

Barnes was the Lakers starting SF a while last year. Hollins started for the Cavs for games when Varejao was down (quite often). All these starters last year are now the 10th men off the Clippers bench.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I never said Odom was a center. I said he was capable of playing it once in a while. If Odom+Griffin are in Griffin will shift to center where his numbers are actually better in his career than at PF. Again though you show pathetic levels of ignorance. You're very close to going on my ignore list and not even Al Thornton is on there.

Yes you did say Odom would be getting minutes at center and outside the world Championships he has never really played there as far as I know but now that he's a fat ass it might be the only place he can play? Probably won't need him there anyway with Hollins eating up boards at his usual rate. :facepalm

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:45 PM
7-8 is likely very close to the lottery. Clipps were only 3 games ahead of the Jazz last year who barely missed the lottery. The lottery is a lot closer than you think in especiailly in the west.

He should be the first option but until he proves he can carry a team it's questionable.

They missed the playoffs but only 6 teams made it at the time. The Bulls had one of the biggest turnarounds ever. From horrible to competitive.

Jordan absolutely had a nice turnaround and was arguably the GOAT rookie... just sayin it doesn't all come right away man. I feel like for a rookie Griffin was too raw to have a Duncan or Shaq type impact and is more in the Malone/Barkley role where they were raw for the first 2 years or so of their career.

I understand west is deep and lottery isn't VERY far from lower playoff seeds but there is a difference. The way you guys were wording it was that they would be a bad team, not a fringe playoff team.

Chris Paul and Vinny can be blamed for Griffin not carrying an offensive load. Griffin got less shots, touches, usage, post feeds... and in general was utilized poorly last year. Multiple games I remember he would have 15-20 points at halftime then guess what happened? Second half CP3+Vinny barely got him the ball. Talk about stupid strategy. Chris Paul's first comment to the media after exit interviews last season was that he didn't do a good enough job of getting the ball to Griffin.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:46 PM
As I've told Xiao... Let the season play out before you start running your mouth.

All you do is run your mouth!

Hollins started for the Cavs for games when Varejao was down (quite often).

And was out of the league after because he sucks so bad!

All these starters last year are now the 10th men off the Clippers bench.

You better hope they are 10th men but with the injury prone ancients on your squad they could all play a lot. There is no one on the Jazz outside their unproven 2nd round pick who hasn't officially made the team that I would mind being on the court if it comes down to it. They are just deeper.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:47 PM
All you do is run your mouth!

And was out of the league after because he sucks so bad!

You better hope they are 10th men but with the injury prone ancients on your squad they could all play a lot. There is no one on the Jazz outside their unproven 2nd round pick who hasn't officially made the team that I would mind being on the court if it comes down to it. They are just deeper.

Giving an opinion of my team such as "arguably deepest team in NBA" is what you're even going on about and isn't running my mouth. You constantly making fun of the Clippers is. Running my mouth would be making hundreds of random petty jabs at the Jazz like you're doing.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Malone/Barkley role where they were raw for the first 2 years or so of their career.

Karl was in the playoffs every year and the leading scorer and rebounder his 2nd year.

Chris Paul and Vinny can be blamed for Griffin not carrying an offensive load. Griffin got less shots, touches, usage, post feeds... and in general was utilized poorly last year. Multiple games I remember he would have 15-20 points at halftime then guess what happened? Second half CP3+Vinny barely got him the ball. Talk about stupid strategy. Chris Paul's first comment to the media after exit interviews last season was that he didn't do a good enough job of getting the ball to Griffin.

So the strategy has changed because the coach and pg haven't? If anything you added more guys that want the ball.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Karl was in the playoffs every year and the leading scorer and rebounder his 2nd year.

So the strategy has changed because the coach and pg haven't? If anything you added more guys that want the ball.

Blake Griffin was the leading scorer and rebounder on his team BOTH seasons..... and missed the playoffs one year. Not to mention Griffin's first two years beat Malone's numbers wise. Malone also struggled with defense, free throw shooting and a lack of a refined post game for his first 2-3 years in the league so again go on with more double standards.

Griffin is on the career path of Malone/Barkley at this point who happen to be the greatest PF's of all time if you don't count Duncan who's played most of his career at center as a PF.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Giving an opinion of my team such as "arguably deepest team in NBA" is what you're even going on about and isn't running my mouth. You constantly making fun of the Clippers is. Running my mouth would be making hundreds of random petty jabs at the Jazz like you're doing.

You didn't use the word arguably. Also said it was the best rotation in the league despite their lack of size in the backcourt or depth in the frontcourt and questionable old guys health.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 07:54 PM
You didn't use the word arguably. Also said it was the best rotation in the league despite their lack of size in the backcourt or depth in the frontcourt and questionable old guys health.

I may have said "Best in the league in my opinion" but I'd never say it flat out, that definitively. If you can find where I said it I'll happily apologize but it doesn't sound like something I'd say.

ncrizzle
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NT2G3rDh0BM/TWSegoee3KI/AAAAAAAASBg/iSutgCtA2V4/s1600/train+wreck.jpg

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Blake Griffin was the leading scorer and rebounder on his team BOTH seasons..... and missed the playoffs one year. Not to mention Griffin's first two years beat Malone's numbers wise. Malone also struggled with defense, free throw shooting and a lack of a refined post game for his first 2-3 years in the league so again go on with more double standards.

Yes Karl was playing 2nd fiddle to one of the all-time great scorers as a rookie. His FT shooting got better though. He had a post game by his 2nd year after being tutored by one of the best.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes Karl was playing 2nd fiddle to one of the all-time great scorers as a rookie. His FT shooting got better though. He had a post game by his 2nd year after being tutored by one of the best.

I think this is a bit of revisionist history. Malone shot 60 percent from the line his 2nd year, 50 his 1st. He also put up only 18.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.5 apg in those two years if you want raw stats. I obviously didn't watch Malone live in 85-86 as a rookie but I have seen footage of young Malone to confidently say he did NOT have a great post game his 2nd year. I also can tell you he didn't lead the NBA in points in the paint like Griffin in his 2nd year and barely miss doing the same in his first year by .2 like Griffin.

I understand playing next to Dantley hurt Malone's numbers.... but the way you're using CP3 to detract from Griffin we can easily use Stockton to detract from Malone. Bottom line is CP3 couldn't have carried the Clippers without his 20/10/3+ workhorse the same way Stockton couldn't have done it without Malone.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 08:07 PM
I think this is a bit of revisionist history. Malone shot 60 percent from the line his 2nd year, 50 his 1st.

Actually was 48 as a rookie. That's big improvement. And he continued to improve there. Believe he got up close to 80 eventually.

He also put up only 18.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.5 apg in those two years if you want raw stats.

Over 20 his 2nd year as the first option.

I also can tell you he didn't lead the NBA in points in the paint like Griffin in his 2nd year and barely miss doing the same in his first year by .2 like Griffin.

Probably not because he was getting to the line like A.D. taught him.

I understand playing next to Dantley hurt Malone's numbers.... but the way you're using CP3 to detract from Griffin we can easily use Stockton to detract from Malone. Bottom line is CP3 couldn't have carried the Clippers without his 20/10/3+ workhorse the same way Stockton couldn't have done it without Malone.

Stockton was on the bench at the time actually. Obviously Paul wouldn't have agreed to go to LA if Griffin wasn't there so that's a moot point.

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Actually was 48 as a rookie. That's big improvement. And he continued to improve there. Believe he got up close to 80 eventually.

Over 20 his 2nd year as the first option.

Probably not because he was getting to the line like A.D. taught him.

Stockton was on the bench at the time actually. Obviously Paul wouldn't have agreed to go to LA if Griffin wasn't there so that's a moot point.

Just don't know what your deal is with Griffin (or anybody's for that matter). Since when was 21.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.5 apg on efficient numbers your first two years grounds for getting torn apart? Every Clippers fan knows and acknowledges dude has a long way to go which is why his potential is so amazing. Raw, unrefined and STILL this good and impactful.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Just don't know what your deal is with Griffin (or anybody's for that matter). Since when was 21.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.5 apg on efficient numbers your first two years grounds for getting torn apart? Every Clippers fan knows and acknowledges dude has a long way to go which is why his potential is so amazing. Raw, unrefined and STILL this good and impactful.

Didn't know I had a deal with him? Said he hasn't proven he can carry a team if Paul goes down.

b1imtf
10-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Ball so hard, that shit cray

Clippersfan86
10-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Didn't know I had a deal with him? Said he hasn't proven he can carry a team if Paul goes down.

That goes without saying though considering he hasn't had to prove it yet. When you group that statement with Clippers in lottery without Paul it's clearly you saying you don't think Griffin IS capable.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 08:20 PM
I said possible lottery. Your reading comprehension needs some work.

Xiao Yao You
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
For that matter they might be in the lottery without Griffin for all we know.

AlonzoGOAT
10-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I didn't know the most entertaining poster of ISH was back.

Welcome back SacJB

clipps
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Last year, the Clippers were accused of flopping too much. Now they are being accused of playing too hard.... I can live with that. I'm glad my favorite team is playing 'too hard'. They are getting paid a shit load of money so they better compete.

Xover
10-24-2012, 10:10 PM
That goes without saying though considering he hasn't had to prove it yet. When you group that statement with Clippers in lottery without Paul it's clearly you saying you don't think Griffin IS capable.

Why are you always biased and defensive when it comes to the clips. It's like in your eyes, they can do no wrong, take the shades off man, be reasonable

Darius
10-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Clips don't make the playoffs this year without Paul. The west is too good now.

Griffin has yet to make the leap from very good to great.

DJ looks good this year. Bledsoe looks great off the bench. Billups is good if healthy. Otherwise the rest of their players are pretty average.

It's all about Paul.

qrich
10-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Well, if you want to just take Paul off the Clippers roster, negate the trade and Gordon/Aminu come right back.

Billups - Gordon - Butler - Griff - DJ
Bledsoe - Crawford - Barnes - Hill - Aminu - Odom - Hollins

I'd say that would make the playoffs, ven in the West.

Xiao Yao You
10-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Well, if you want to just take Paul off the Clippers roster, negate the trade and Gordon/Aminu come right back.

Billups - Gordon - Butler - Griff - DJ
Bledsoe - Crawford - Barnes - Hill - Aminu - Odom - Hollins

I'd say that would make the playoffs, ven in the West.

You are assuming those guys still sign with the Clippers without Paul and that Gordon would be healthy. You might still have Mo.

qrich
10-25-2012, 12:26 AM
You are assuming those guys still sign with the Clippers without Paul and that Gordon would be healthy. You might still have Mo.

Billups was claimed, so he'd most likely be here. Crawford was given the full MLE without many teams chasing him, probably would be here. Don't see why the Mo/Odom swap doesn't occur.

Hill is the only one that might not be there, and swapping him with Aminu is just as fine.

Gordon was held out last season more than he should've so the Hornets would lose more games and ensure that he recovers fully. I don't even fully buy his current injury either

NugzFan
10-25-2012, 04:12 AM
Why are you always biased and defensive when it comes to the clips. It's like in your eyes, they can do no wrong, take the shades off man, be reasonable

yup. hes an insecure homer.

Xiao Yao You
10-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Billups was claimed, so he'd most likely be here.

He wasn't that happy that they claimed him last year. He certainly might have left.

Crawford was given the full MLE without many teams chasing him, probably would be here.

6th man off the year and not many teams chasing him I wonder why? Who else chased him? Would he choose a lottery team or a contender?

Don't see why the Mo/Odom swap doesn't occur.

Because Mo might be your starting pg.

Hill is the only one that might not be there, and swapping him with Aminu is just as fine.

It is? Aminu would still give you the best bench in basketball?

Gordon was held out last season more than he should've so the Hornets would lose more games and ensure that he recovers fully. I don't even fully buy his current injury either

He's still hurt. Has been the past few years for the most part.

Paul was recruiting guys.

Jax
10-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Would love to have Crawford and Bledsoe @ the Heat.

B-Easy8
10-25-2012, 08:54 AM
People with real knowledge about the Clippers, how well do you think DeAndre Jordan will be this season?

Just got offered a good trade from him but all signs are that he will be much improved this year.