PDA

View Full Version : Crazy 7 footer (1 year of bball experience) with limitless potential

tgan3
10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBwSvIOOzMo

He moves so fluid I cant believe he's been playing for only 1 year. He just looks like a kid who has god given talent to play basketball. :eek:

DStebb716
10-25-2012, 06:56 PM
this was posted like five days ago my man

FreezingTsmoove
10-25-2012, 07:01 PM
He looks like a kid who played basketball all his life for fun and then took it seriously for 1 year

There's basketball in Africa too

LongLiveTheKing
10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Woah he looks crazy good. Nice footwork and handles. I hope he goes to the NBA.

Keith
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Nets should sign him ASAP.

SourPatchKids
10-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Holy

SyRyanYang
10-26-2012, 03:17 AM
I don't believe he only played basketball for one year:no:

BoutPractice
10-26-2012, 04:08 AM
I like the part where he dunks hard on his own teammate who was hanging at the rim :lol

Other than that, very impressive for a guy who's just started playing the game. We don't know enough about him yet, but I see similarities with Olajuwon in his physical profile and the way he moves, as well as the fact that he has good instincts despite being picking up basketball late.
Still, for all we know, he might never even make it as a professional basketball player.

tgan3
12-11-2013, 03:47 AM
*Rebumps thread*

I remembered seeing a video (Posted above) of this 7 footer with great skill and only 1 year of ball experience, and posting it. Then I was thinking, damm this kid is good and he could *possibly* make it to the league.

Never had I expected this kid to be possibly the No.1 or 2 Draft pick next year.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/10/5197528/nba-draft-2014-joel-embiid-kansas

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It confirms two things. One, scouts would gamble on you if they think you have huge upside. Two, Skilled big men are very valuable in this league.

T-Time3
12-11-2013, 03:54 AM
is he a brother of joel embiid from kansas jayhawks?

EDIT: holy fvck he IS joel embiid from kansas jayhawks
i don't pay attention to the thread date

bdreason
12-11-2013, 03:55 AM
He seems to be coordinated but that video didn't show much else. Kwame Brown was smashing on High School kids too.

Inferno
12-11-2013, 03:55 AM
is he a brother of joel embiid from kansas jayhawks?

It is Joel...:coleman:

moe94
12-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Biggest upside in the draft.

Inferno
12-11-2013, 03:59 AM
He seems to be coordinated but that video didn't show much else. Kwame Brown was smashing on High School kids too.

He's putting up 9 points,6 rebounds, and 2 blocks in about 19 minutes per game in college...pretty impressive :applause:

Tmuston Beltics
12-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Imhotep Esso
1 week ago

I'm from Cameroon and this guy has been playing ball all his life. The whole thing about him playing basketball at 16 is a mere hyperbole to toot his potential and ceiling. Now, there is no way to compare the way and seriousness kids play ball in the US as opposed to Africa; so it would be much more appropriate to say that he has only begun to " seriously" focus on basketball at 16 when he moved to the States! But back home, he was trained by the National team coach and was known to be a great talent!

RoseCity07
12-11-2013, 04:14 AM
He's in desperate need of coaching. If someone helps him I could see him in the NBA. His offense looks raw. A lot of traveling on his moves. His handles aren't great, he'd get ripped right away by NBA guards. That hop step is a travel in the NBA. The potential is there. Especially the shot blocking.

He wouldn't block many guards though because I doubt he can keep up with an NBA guard out by the 3 point line. He's a good prospect though.

sundizz
12-11-2013, 04:30 AM
He's in desperate need of coaching. If someone helps him I could see him in the NBA. His offense looks raw. A lot of traveling on his moves. His handles aren't great, he'd get ripped right away by NBA guards. That hop step is a travel in the NBA. The potential is there. Especially the shot blocking.

He wouldn't block many guards though because I doubt he can keep up with an NBA guard out by the 3 point line. He's a good prospect though.

You couldn't be more wrong about everything you said. Someone bookmark this clown. He is going to put on weight, already has natural finesse, and clearly has played ball all his life (or a large part of it). He'll do just fine in the league. I'd say at worse 16, 9, and 2 for a one-year stint. Likely, much much better than that/career unless he gets injured.

imnew09
12-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Lakers need a center. C-mon Mitch!

BoutPractice
12-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Didn't even realize I'd posted in this thread a year ago. That and the thread I made about him a few months ago... I must subconsciously be an Embiid stan :lol

(Although I must say I'm almost disappointed that he got so hyped so quick. My secret hope was that he'd have underwhelming college production, and get taken lower in the draft, where a team that hadn't tanked the season would get him, thereby punishing the tankers. Or even better, that he'd enter the draft in 2015 or 2016 and the Mavs somehow get him)

alenleomessi
12-11-2013, 11:36 AM

you are commenting for the video or for his play for kansas so far?

kurple
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM

dgaras
12-11-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1lgI-8np7w

get these NETS
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
i'm the reason dudes got deals the past few years/
sound ANYTHING like 'Kiss ,then sign right here/

signed Olajuwon

Harison
12-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Imhotep Esso
1 week ago

I'm from Cameroon and this guy has been playing ball all his life. The whole thing about him playing basketball at 16 is a mere hyperbole to toot his potential and ceiling. Now, there is no way to compare the way and seriousness kids play ball in the US as opposed to Africa; so it would be much more appropriate to say that he has only begun to " seriously" focus on basketball at 16 when he moved to the States! But back home, he was trained by the National team coach and was known to be a great talent!

This.

Still kid has skills, lets see what he can do in US.

dgaras
12-11-2013, 05:51 PM
hes already playing in the us and he looks legit. good movement.

CavaliersFTW
12-11-2013, 06:03 PM
'limitless potential'

this is exactly what is wrong with the media and fans in the world of professional basketball today :facepalm

jzek
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Already better post moves than 99% of all centers in the NBA. :oldlol:

DCL
12-11-2013, 06:09 PM
He looks like a kid who played basketball all his life for fun and then took it seriously for 1 year

this.

redrich2000
12-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Already better post moves than 99% of all centers in the NBA. :oldlol:

There was like three post moves in that whole video. Oh wait, that is better than 99% of the NBA. More seriously, need to see more than dunks to really tell.