PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-26-2012, 01:16 AM
This mutha fcuka has no clue what he is doing.... Will get out coached in playoffs & get fired... Costing us the championship this year

U can't win with a new coach next yr causing that to be a failure....

Mutha fcuking son of a b1tch

Rant over....

Plz don't write replies like: chillax it's preseason

Thethirdguy
10-26-2012, 02:07 AM
chillax it's preseason bro :D

How else are you supposed to respond? Lol

$LakerGold
10-26-2012, 10:41 AM
DKLaker? Is that you? :oldlol: (I BET IT IS)

DKLaker
10-26-2012, 12:15 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, but I do agree with him :cheers:

LA Lakers
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Where Jerry Sloan at? haha

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-27-2012, 01:37 PM

no I am not ...but i appreciate that man's view on this forum...other than the kid lakerfreak......

zizozain
10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
agree with OP

dd24
10-27-2012, 02:33 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, but I do agree with him :cheers:

It was only a matter of time before everybody else started to see what we did from the beginning :applause: :cheers: :oldlol: :D

kkinchen
10-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I disagree. He took a less talented team in Cleveland to the Finals, so he can take this loaded team to a championship.

In reality, anyone could coach this team to a championship. I could coach this team to a championship. DKLaker could coach this team to a championship. Relax guys. Things are going to be fine.

DKLaker
10-27-2012, 04:43 PM
It was only a matter of time before everybody else started to see what we did from the beginning :applause: :cheers: :oldlol: :D

:oldlol: :cheers: :oldlol: We told them they would see the light!!!

DKLaker
10-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I disagree. He took a less talented team in Cleveland to the Finals, so he can take this loaded team to a championship.

In reality, anyone could coach this team to a championship. I could coach this team to a championship. DKLaker could coach this team to a championship. Relax guys. Things are going to be fine.

kk, I wish you were right on this one but this guy is nothing but a video coordinator who talks well enough to con his way into head coach jobs, he's not qualified and really doesn't know the game......worse yet, now that he has a very capable staff who can really run an offense, he won't get out of the way and let them do their jobs. He's a dumb micro manager.......oh well, it's only a matter of time before he gets fired......tick, tick, tick......

Talent only gets you so far, I have coached against terrible coaches who had insane talent on their team, much better than mine and managed to blow them out every time just because of their constant strategic mistakes and poor sub rotations......sounds like MB right?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM

which team in the east he had to go through??? the declining Pistons? when Lebron was entering his prime?

Brown was,is and always will be a joker...wasting the lakers time.....

DKLaker
10-28-2012, 11:02 PM
which team in the east he had to go through??? the declining Pistons? when Lebron was entering his prime?

Brown was,is and always will be a joker...wasting the lakers time.....

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

lakerfreak
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
wow

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Idiot coach still has Pau too far away from the basket.....I've seen more than enough.....it's time to pull the plug and get a real NBA head coach.
Bench rotation????? Where the fk is Ebanks????

kobesabi
10-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Mike Brown must have think it is still preseason games.

No Dirk...and still

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Mike Brown must have think it is still preseason games.

No Dirk...and still

Somewhere Phil Jackson is sitting, laughing............and waiting for his phone to ring.

oh the horror
10-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Mike Brown is in OVER HIS HEAD. PERIOD.

mr sax
10-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Dallas played very well. The Lakers, not as well.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-31-2012, 01:23 AM
somehow the team with no dirk/kaman plays great....

& is out hustled by brand/E Curry/another random 6'5 guy.....how is this not on the coach???

bench got outscored 37-17......

Fire this potato head...hire Phil and lets go collect some rings...stupid waste of time..mutha fcuka

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Dallas played very well. The Lakers, not as well.

Rasheed = Both teams played hard, both teams played hard :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

This shows you the value of coaching.

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Metta, 1 for 8 in 36 minutes.......nice rotation Mike Brown :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

kobesabi
10-31-2012, 01:32 AM
No Dirk
No Kaman
...No JTerry (new core)
New core, so should be easier to win right?

Full Lakers roster with BIG 4, Jordan Hill, Jamison

opposition got Howard fouled out.

Mike Brown...FAIL

0-9 straight loss (including preseason). Woo hooo!!!!!!!!:facepalm

BallsOut
10-31-2012, 01:45 AM
I've seen just about enough of this clown of a coach, Mike Brown. First off I'm sure he had a big say in why the Lakers didn't sign Leandro Barbosa and cut Chris Douglas Roberts (the guy who avged 17ppg a few seasons ago). Look at what Barbosa did tonight against the Heat, 16 points on 6-7 shooting all in the 4th quarter alone. Miami had no answer for him. How the hell do you not sign the guy? He's a 39% 3pt FG shooter for his career and had a hell of an Olympics for Brazil. How much of a no-brainer is that?

With such a terrible bench, you'd think his dumbass would be a lot smarter and keep or get guys that can actually score for the 2nd unit. Instead no, we're stuck with Steve ****ing Blake who can't even avoid spike strips while walking in the parking lot at the mall and Jamison at the 3 spot when Barnes was cut for the SOLE purpose of letting Ebanks take his spot. Not only did Ebanks not play tonight, World Peace played 36 minutes as the SF, nice rotation dude :facepalm

The team as it stands is not championship calibur. You think back to the last two championships, they had wings that could actually run, defend, were versatile and be explosive, guys like Odom, Ariza, even Shannon Brown. Now you got slow old guys like MWP and Jamison, and Ebanks who doesn't even get playing time.

Not only that, you force Steve Nash, a guy who has played small ball his entire career to walk it up the court with a prime Dwight Howard. He loses all of his magic when you force him to play a half court game, that's why the Suns could never get passed the Spurs in the playoffs. Mike Brown doesn't know how to utilize his player's strengths. Give him free reign to run all the pick n rolls he wants, you can lie to the media but not to real fans that watch the game.

God, I have not seen a coach as bad as this guy in all my days. Spare me the optimistic crap, I've had enough of seeing this guy running the Laker's franchise and Kobe's last days into the ground.

Fire Mike Brown as soon as possible. This so called "hybrid" Princeton offense looks more like a prince ton of shit to me. /rant

kobesabi
10-31-2012, 01:52 AM
Mike Brown must have still think it still preseason and not need to worry yet...0-1 or 0-9 means nothing yet.

dd24
10-31-2012, 03:20 AM
Yup, it's time for him to go. I wish they would've just done this after the end of last season now. It would have been nice for a new coach to have the preseason to put their system in place. Anybody have any ideas of who they would like?

lakerfreak
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't say he's on the hot seat, but he's definitely getting a bit closer. It seems that after last night's loss, aside from the horrendous free throw shooting, this team doesn't have an identity.

Are they a defensive minded or offensive minded team? And if they are either one of those, are they low post team, an outside shooting team, or still a Kobe Bryant dominating team?

This needs to be figured out soon or we'll lose again tonight.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-31-2012, 02:05 PM
:bowdown:
I wouldn't say he's on the hot seat, but he's definitely getting a bit closer. It seems that after last night's loss, aside from the horrendous free throw shooting, this team doesn't have an identity.

Are they a defensive minded or offensive minded team? And if they are either one of those, are they low post team, an outside shooting team, or still a Kobe Bryant dominating team?

This needs to be figured out soon or we'll lose again tonight.

They will lose again tonight and maybe on friday against the clips

Just amazed how he starters are clueless abiut where to be on the court...

Dallas with all those new guys didn take long to gt their plays down but somehow a team of kobe/nash/pau & howard is having trouble calling few basic plays and sticking to them

Lat night Howard was more of e curry then lat few yrs dwight...

Why the fcuk did we sign nash... If he is going to play role of Rakon Sessions?

Where the fcuk was he energy??? No energy and playerslooked out of sync ...j hill only came with energy...

Mitch need to show some ball and just waive that mutha fcuka steve blake...

lakerfreak
10-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Its a new offense man. Its only the second time the starters played together. Im sure the coaching staff went over it again. You'll see an improvement in offensive structure and execution today. Can we make our free throws is another question?

bladefd
10-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I am giving mike brown the benefit of the doubt.. He has until the end of November to figure this out. If he doesn't, I'm done with him. I will want him fired at that point.

For now, it does not seem like this hybrid princeton offense will work at all. It is making Nash be just a sideshow. Why the hell would you pay Nash this much to be nothing more than a Derek Fisher?? You are NOT fully utilizing Nash's strengths. Princeton hybrid MUST go down the trash. Princeton offense has never won a championship before on the professional level for a reason.

The offense must start with Nash. Pick&roll with the bigs, alley-oops, very little isolations with kobe, do some quick nash to gasol in highpost to dwight in the paint, use kobe to draw double teams out of the post and get dwight his one-on-one matchup in paint or find the open man..

My opinion of what coaching staff should focus on:
-Use Nash PROPERLY OR TRADE HIM.
-Get RID of princeton offense. You can use parts of it but only to a minor degree.
-Hire somebody to work with Dwight one-on-one to improve his FT shooting. This is a MUST and first priority. Orlando used to have somebody, Lakers need somebody too. 21% FT shooting is beyond horrendous, it's unspeakable. 60% FT shooting yesterday from Dwight would have made it a 2pt game

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I am giving mike brown the benefit of the doubt.. He has until the end of November to figure this out. If he doesn't, I'm done with him. I will want him fired at that point.

For now, it does not seem like this hybrid princeton offense will work at all. It is making Nash be just a sideshow. Why the hell would you pay Nash this much to be nothing more than a Derek Fisher?? You are NOT fully utilizing Nash's strengths. Princeton hybrid MUST go down the trash. Princeton offense has never won a championship before on the professional level for a reason.

The offense must start with Nash. Pick&roll with the bigs, alley-oops, very little isolations with kobe, do some quick nash to gasol in highpost to dwight in the paint, use kobe to draw double teams out of the post and get dwight his one-on-one matchup in paint or find the open man..

My opinion of what coaching staff should focus on:
-Use Nash PROPERLY OR TRADE HIM.
-Get RID of princeton offense. You can use parts of it but only to a minor degree.
-Hire somebody to work with Dwight one-on-one to improve his FT shooting. This is a MUST and first priority. Orlando used to have somebody, Lakers need somebody too. 21% FT shooting is beyond horrendous, it's unspeakable. 60% FT shooting yesterday from Dwight would have made it a 2pt game

Brown is flat out not capable of improvement, he's just a video coordinator who talked his way into 2 jobs and took advantage of a dumb owner...Jimmy.

Chuck Person is working with Dwight on his free throw shooting, of the coaches we have, he is the right person to do this.

The 2 things I'm most upset about are;

Playing Metta 36 ineffective minutes while not playing Ebanks

Playing Pau so far away from the basket, he was a non-factor with the starting unit and doesn't have the range to play away from the basket.

bladefd
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Playing Pau so far away from the basket, he was a non-factor with the starting unit and doesn't have the range to play away from the basket.

I think that is one of the requirements of the hybrid princeton offense they are using (the offense has to initiate through the big man playing point center basically - for us, it is Gasol). Adelman used to use it with the Kings as you probably already know. They had Chris Webber at PF playing the role that they are trying to get Pau Gasol to play. The issue is that Webber had range that Gasol does not, Gasol is not even the best player on the team like Webber was with the Sacramento Queens.

This offense, if it isn't changed soon, will end up getting Mike Brown fired.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Its a new offense man. Its only the second time the starters played together. Im sure the coaching staff went over it again. You'll see an improvement in offensive structure and execution today. Can we make our free throws is another question?

fcuk offense I am talking about defense....energy....hustle....all 3 of these were missing yesterday....

they never got any stops...dammit Eddy Curry went HAM on the lakers...in the paint with Pau and Howard....lol

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-31-2012, 04:08 PM
I think that is one of the requirements of the hybrid princeton offense they are using (the offense has to initiate through the big man playing point center basically - for us, it is Gasol). Adelman used to use it with the Kings as you probably already know. They had Chris Webber at PF playing the role that they are trying to get Pau Gasol to play. The issue is that Webber had range that Gasol does not, Gasol is not even the best player on the team like Webber was with the Sacramento Queens.

This offense, if it isn't changed soon, will end up getting Mike Brown fired.

better do it now then later...without wasting a year of pau/kobe/nash/howard

why the fcuk did we sign Ebanks and let go barnes when Brown dumb a$$ brown wants to play Jamison at 3?

Jamison should be a stretch 4 with hill at 5 ...playing with nash or kobe....

nash/kobe
meeks
ebanks
jamison
J hill

this should be the rotation with the bench....and not

blake
meeks
jamison
J hill
pau/howard

its worse when howard/j hill are both in the game...no freaking spacing...I can understand it...why cant dumb potato head????

being long make ZERO sh!T when the players cant make shots...

my reaction to coaching yesterday...rotations :biggums:

dd24
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Even though it took more than a season I'm glad to see that people are finally seeing how much Mike Brown is holding this team back. I honestly feel like he would hold most any team back. Last year he had a mostly inherited roster. He tried to make a roster that he didn't have much say in, play a style of his own and it obviously didn't work out well. This year the Lakers have a roster of his own. He tried to install his system and it still doesn't work.

He clearly doesn't coach to his players strengths. What coach on the face of the earth would have Steve Nash just camp out on the perimeter? Well, I guess we know the answer.... there's one and it's Brown. He basically turned a guy who makes plays for anyone and everyone into a SG who just camps out at the 3 point line. Nash was completely ineffective last night because of this. At least Kobe, Dwight, and Pau all put up decent numbers. Also as we all saw the rotations were terrible (again). Sure the Lakers missed some FT's. I actually blame part of that on him too. This offense isn't getting our good FT shooters to the line. It helps teams hack Dwight and we saw what happened there. The team definitely wasn't fired up for last night. There was no energy.

Bad strategy, bad rotation, bad energy. That sums up my long post, lol. All of that is on the coach. Fire him now. Again, I think we should have the discussion of who could take his place. That's the tough part.

$LakerGold
10-31-2012, 04:50 PM
better do it now then later...without wasting a year of pau/kobe/nash/howard

why the fcuk did we sign Ebanks and let go barnes when Brown dumb a$$ brown wants to play Jamison at 3?

Jamison should be a stretch 4 with hill at 5 ...playing with nash or kobe....

nash/kobe
meeks
ebanks
jamison
J hill

this should be the rotation with the bench....and not

blake
meeks
jamison
J hill
pau/howard

its worse when howard/j hill are both in the game...no freaking spacing...I can understand it...why cant dumb potato head????

being long make ZERO sh!T when the players cant make shots...

my reaction to coaching yesterday...rotations :biggums:

Who was Jamison paired up against last night?

Anyways ... our bench sucks ... I feel like Meeks and Ebanks are inconsistent. No one to lead the floor while Nash and Kobe are off. I would feel much better if the Lakers signed Odom and had him in the 3 instead of Ebanks. Odom might have fell off but guess what? He has the experience.

We need a veteran in our Bench, someone who'll talk .. someone who'll lead the floor while the starters are off.

Jamison? Please :lol

I think it's time to move Ron Ron to the bench.

Blake
Ebanks
Artest
Jamison
Hill

--- Too slow? Want to speed it up?

Nash/Blake
Ebanks/Duhon
Artest
Jamison
Hill

But we dont need to speed it up ... remember we're running a Princeton offense :lol

But if that 2nd lineup was to happen ... Nash would be playing 5 mins into the game and play in the 2nd qtr. along with the bench.

Our bench needs to change.

dd24
10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Lakers fans flocked to the exits during the fourth quarter - you know how fickle L.A. fans are - and at least in one section, "Fire Mike Brown" chants erupted. It's always a scene here, and even David Beckham stayed to the bitter end, watching the Lakers miss 19 of 31 free throws. It was the first game of the season, but already, the boos were out. Los Angeles Daily News

I like the part about the "Fire Mike Brown" chants :D :banana:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Who was Jamison paired up against last night?

Anyways ... our bench sucks ... I feel like Meeks and Ebanks are inconsistent. No one to lead the floor while Nash and Kobe are off. I would feel much better if the Lakers signed Odom and had him in the 3 instead of Ebanks. Odom might have fell off but guess what? He has the experience.

We need a veteran in our Bench, someone who'll talk .. someone who'll lead the floor while the starters are off.

Jamison? Please :lol

I think it's time to move Ron Ron to the bench.

Blake
Ebanks
Artest
Jamison
Hill

--- Too slow? Want to speed it up?

Nash/Blake
Ebanks/Duhon
Artest
Jamison
Hill

But we dont need to speed it up ... remember we're running a Princeton offense :lol

But if that 2nd lineup was to happen ... Nash would be playing 5 mins into the game and play in the 2nd qtr. along with the bench.

Our bench needs to change.

i dont want to see blake play 1 min...freaking the MOST useless player on the lakers.....

why the fcuk is Brown not playing ebanks? moron potato head

kobesabi
10-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Tricked or Treat?

MB smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.

bladefd
11-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Well, yeah. Just blown out by Portland. I don't know who or what to blame for this one. Horrible defense.

kobesabi
11-01-2012, 01:20 AM
When the defense is bad...PJax made adjustment. I don't see MB doing any thing good.

Why does Brown trust the 2nd unit so much that he only put 1 starter in it? When they are strugling, I think he should leave 2 in there and work out some time rotation in such they won't be so deficit in skills on the battlefield. I remember PJAx usually have 1-2 starters not 1 and trust the new rookies will handle it.

dd24
11-01-2012, 01:31 AM
I don't even like to watch the way the Lakers are running things anymore. Fire Mike Brown!!!

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 01:33 AM
i dont want to see blake play 1 min...freaking the MOST useless player on the lakers.....

why the fcuk is Brown not playing ebanks? moron potato head

:cheers:

dd24
11-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I think I may have come up with an idea that can fix the Lakers problems. What if Kupchack gave Latrell Sprewell a call about making a comeback? It really couldn't make the bench any worse. His biggest part of helping the team would be when he gets fed up with how stupid Mike Brown is. He could choke him out when he makes a bad call during a game :lol That would make the whole Mike Brown signing worth it to me :D :roll:

DKLaker
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I think I may have come up with an idea that can fix the Lakers problems. What if Kupchack gave Latrell Sprewell a call about making a comeback? It really couldn't make the bench any worse. His biggest part of helping the team would be when he gets fed up with how stupid Mike Brown is. He could choke him out when he makes a bad call during a game :lol That would make the whole Mike Brown signing worth it to me :D :roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :cheers: :rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-03-2012, 01:42 AM
i dont know but I dont see any excitement...any hustle....any energy....just going through the motions....

season just started no?

DKLaker
11-03-2012, 11:34 AM
i dont know but I dont see any excitement...any hustle....any energy....just going through the motions....

season just started no?

I think the players are waiting for an NBA head coach to arrive.

dd24
11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Elliott Teaford: By the way, the "Fire Mike Brown," shouts are a little more frequent tonight. No chanting as of yet. This ain't New York. #Lakers Twitter @ElliottTeaford

Lakers fans need to start chanting "Fire Mike Brown" at the games. I think that would get the message across to management. Mike Brown blames the losses on turnovers which makes me laugh. The turnovers are a result of a system that doesn't work and he's putting his athletes in positions they aren't comfortable in. I'd rather have a coach that uses the strengths of his players rather than one that forces them into a system.

D-Rose
11-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Please fire this goon and bring in Jerry Sloan.

$LakerGold
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Our roster last year was way better :rolleyes:

I'm kidding ... FIRE MIKE BROWN ALREADY. If they win the next game, they're still going to struggle as long as he's the head coach.

This is crazy and an insult. It's like saying the 07' Cavs is x10 better than this team. F*** outta here.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Please fire this goon and bring in Jerry Sloan.

this is why i made this topic....he is going to ruin this year....and get fired by getting bounced in the playoffs...

new coach comes in summer and another year is lost trying to implement his system and u cant expect a new coach to win in his 1st year....

I would be proactive in firing this idiot and waste this year...but atleast win next year

bladefd
11-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Would you welcome Phil Jackson back? :D

There are rumors on general boards that Lakers FO is looking at D'Antoni as possible replacement for Brown. Just stupid as hell IMO -- I don't want D'Antoni as headcoach. He would fix our offensive system issues but make the defense even worse.

I think we are just starting to realize how much we miss Phil.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Now u r talking... I would beg him to come... But it wont come to that :)

L.A. Jazz
11-03-2012, 05:28 PM
i dont panic after 3 losses, but the defense - the area where MB should be a good coach (so i heard) - is really bad. i understand the offense needs some time, but the defense is bad. you simply cant win with a offense that produces 90 points - Kobe scoring efficient 40 - and such poor defense. so i hope for more effort on D and wait for the development on O. Lets go Lakers.

DKLaker
11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Lakers fans need to start chanting "Fire Mike Brown" at the games. I think that would get the message across to management. Mike Brown blames the losses on turnovers which makes me laugh. The turnovers are a result of a system that doesn't work and he's putting his athletes in positions they aren't comfortable in. I'd rather have a coach that uses the strengths of his players rather than one that forces them into a system.

THIS!!!! :cheers:

DKLaker
11-03-2012, 05:50 PM

There are rumors on general boards that Lakers FO is looking at D'Antoni as possible replacement for Brown. Just stupid as hell IMO -- I don't want D'Antoni as headcoach. He would fix our offensive system issues but make the defense even worse.

I think we are just starting to realize how much we miss Phil.

D'Antoni would be almost as stupid a hire as Mike Brown.......this makes me so :mad:
I'm glad more guys can see how horrible Brown is now, I warned everyone the moment he was hired.....I had to put up with all the "Give him a chance" crap as if he wasn't a complete joke in Cleveland.........seriously, I used to laugh my @ss off at how stupid and clueless he was......as punishment, God landed him on my team :facepalm Yeah......not so funny anymore :(

dd24
11-03-2012, 06:14 PM
D'Antoni would be almost as stupid a hire as Mike Brown.......this makes me so :mad:
I'm glad more guys can see how horrible Brown is now, I warned everyone the moment he was hired.....I had to put up with all the "Give him a chance" crap as if he wasn't a complete joke in Cleveland.........seriously, I used to laugh my @ss off at how stupid and clueless he was......as punishment, God landed him on my team :facepalm Yeah......not so funny anymore :(

Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning :cheers:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-03-2012, 07:57 PM
i dont panic after 3 losses, but the defense - the area where MB should be a good coach (so i heard) - is really bad. i understand the offense needs some time, but the defense is bad. you simply cant win with a offense that produces 90 points - Kobe scoring efficient 40 - and such poor defense. so i hope for more effort on D and wait for the development on O. Lets go Lakers.

good for you.....the panic is on how they lost rather than they lost....I would be ok if they lost hard fought games...but not games where they showed up to earn pay check

DKLaker
11-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning :cheers:

Yes, we were both :facepalm :mad: :facepalm over the Lakers hiring of Brown from day 1. :cheers:

Nate McMillan is a good coach, but for me he seems to be missing something.....I can't even tell you what? Maybe a lack of calm under pressure? I think he could get us to the finals but couldn't win it.

VegasLakerFan
11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
The only comparison I can make to describe my frustration with Mike Brown is this; Imagine the Lakers with a legit coach as a fortress or castle. Strong, imposing, undefeatable. That same team with Mike Brown is a fortress or castle made of playing cards.

DKLaker
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
The only comparison I can make to describe my frustration with Mike Brown is this; Imagine the Lakers with a legit coach as a fortress or castle. Strong, imposing, undefeatable. That same team with Mike Brown is a fortress or castle made of playing cards.

You forgot to add "In a hurricane" :oldlol: :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
look at this dumb a$$:

Metta World Peace will be used as backup shooting guard
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-world-peace-backup-shooting-guard-spot-20121106,0,4252595.story

my god...fire this goon already
a lineup of
blake
MWP
Jamison
Hill
Howard

who is going to shoot the ball???

:biggums:

dd24
11-06-2012, 11:50 PM
look at this dumb a$$:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-world-peace-backup-shooting-guard-spot-20121106,0,4252595.story

a lineup of
blake
MWP
Jamison
Hill
Howard

I really hope that isn't true.... Metta can defend the position, but on the offensive end that would just scare me. What's the point of signing Meeks???

TryToBeUnbias
11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Morris
Metta
Jamison
Hill
Howard/Gasol

lol, ok is this guy trying to lose his job ?

Give it a chance and we'll see I guess.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I really hope that isn't true.... Metta can defend the position, but on the offensive end that would just scare me. What's the point of signing Meeks???

i think its true....even if its eric pincus....its latimes.com

DKLaker
11-07-2012, 01:50 AM
look at this dumb a$$:

a lineup of
blake
MWP
Jamison
Hill
Howard

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :banghead: :rant
Mike Brown.......is not as smart as a 5th grader.

Please no lame @ss try to defend this moron of a coach from anyone.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-07-2012, 02:07 AM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :banghead: :rant
Mike Brown.......is not as smart as a 5th grader.

Please no lame @ss try to defend this moron of a coach from anyone.

was funny to hear the ucler and heart attack comments from Kobe/Pau in terms of talking about brown

this tells me the players dont respect him as a coach and dont really care...

i know its poopworld but its saying..players didnt wanted to come play for mike brown even after getting nash/howard...this says something

why sign people when you are not going to use them at the position they are comfortable in?
Blake as SG
Ebanks as SG
Jamison as SF
MWP as SG

maybe like kk said in another thread I wont be surprised if this idiot asks Steve nash to come off the bench

dd24
11-07-2012, 02:39 AM
was funny to hear the ucler and heart attack comments from Kobe/Pau in terms of talking about brown

this tells me the players dont respect him as a coach and dont really care...

i know its poopworld but its saying..players didnt wanted to come play for mike brown even after getting nash/howard...this says something

why sign people when you are not going to use them at the position they are comfortable in?
Blake as SG
Ebanks as SG
Jamison as SF
MWP as SG

maybe like kk said in another thread I wont be surprised if this idiot asks Steve nash to come off the bench

The bad part is I've been reading that all of management has his back 100%..... which means they're saying he has this season. Hopefully something can happen where that will change. I think if there was someone good they had in mind that could take his spot they might think about it. The problem is who do they go after? Obviously anybody out there is better, but it would be a huge mistake to go after a mediocre coach. That would make them look terrible and wouldn't really help things out. Can anybody think of some names outside of Phil Jackson that would really make a splash?

$LakerGold
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
It would be funny if someone died because of frustration/stress :lol

Don't stress it out ... we're just fans. :lol

bladefd
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Unbelievable...

In some ways, this comes back to Jimmy Buss. He rushed hiring Mike Brown. The joker Jimmy Buss waited ONLY two weeks after P-Jax retired and hires Brown completely out of the blue. May 8, 2011 - Lakers got swept by Mavs. May 25, 2011 - Lakers hired Brown. TWO WEEKS.
Jimmy didn't even interview everyone that wanted the job (there were MANY candidates), didnt even speak to Kobe or any of the players until AFTER Brown was hired. At that time, Stephen A Smith said that Kobe was on vacation the week Brown got hired. He had no idea that they were even speaking with Brown until after Brown was officially hired.

That means that it was Jimmy's ego being involved along with his strong dislike for Phil. "Ohhh, Phil can be easily replaced by anyone. Look here.. Brown will be just as good as Phil with the team we have. Watch me do this MY way, Phil."

Now THAT is coming back to bite him in his ass. Remember, the summer Phil retired, jimmy wasn't even speaking to Kobe directly about making different moves and other Laker changes. Since then, Kobe/Jimmy have seem to have become closer. Too late now... Even I could have told you that Brown is incapable of being a headcoach of a team like the Lakers. The reason why he was coach of year was because of LEBRON JAMES carrying Brown in his backpack in the WEAK EASTERN CONFERENCE (3 good teams - Cavs, Celtics, Magic. THATS IT.).

VegasLakerFan
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Seems like this clown is trying to be clever for the sake of being clever. MWP as a 2? Jamison as a 3? WTF? He also seems to dismiss players *cough* MEEKS *cough* and is too damn stubborn to change his mind.
It is quite telling how Kobe and Pau responded to the press about being put back in the other night. Does that sound like respect to anyone here? Could you imagine them saying that about the decisions of a Jerry Sloan or Pjax?
Hell NO!
The real problem with this team is not the offense- the team is actually quite good already. The problems will continue to be two things;
Rotations and adjustments- and those fall solely on the shoulders of our idiot coach.

DKLaker
11-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Seems like this clown is trying to be clever for the sake of being clever. MWP as a 2? Jamison as a 3? WTF? He also seems to dismiss players *cough* MEEKS *cough* and is too damn stubborn to change his mind.
It is quite telling how Kobe and Pau responded to the press about being put back in the other night. Does that sound like respect to anyone here? Could you imagine them saying that about the decisions of a Jerry Sloan or Pjax?
Hell NO!
The real problem with this team is not the offense- the team is actually quite good already. The problems will continue to be two things;
Rotations and adjustments- and those fall solely on the shoulders of our idiot coach.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
I was saying it all last year......All the players in the NBA know Mike Brown is a complete idiot and nobody respects him. I mean seriously, go to any middle school and you'll find better basketball coaches. It's amazing that a guy who lacks an understanding of the game has actually been able to talk his way into great jobs.
Yes, Jimmy the Drunk hired this idiot in a chest pounding move.....now Brown is trying to be the smart guy by putting guys into new positions......the WRONG positions. He thinks that if it works he'll look like a genius :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
which sane coach will use a lineup of

morris
MWP
Jamison
Hill
D12

where the heck is the spacing and who is going to make the shot??? just pack the freaking pant

:confusedshrug: :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
lol 1-4

tick tok...tick tok

kobesabi
11-08-2012, 01:00 AM
It is true. Didn't you watch the game? I've been questioning his rotation skill since the beginning of the season. When his team is losing, he doesn't know to slow the bleeding with his players. Fire his ass already. It's so bored that I'm beginning to think watching Clipper games is more interesting.

VegasLakerFan
11-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Jamison summed it up when asked about the bench.
"We have no identity."
He needs to go NOW! I was hoping to squeeze out a few wins before he was booted, but that does not look like it can happen with his rotations and the lack of faith from his players.

kobesabi
11-08-2012, 01:32 AM
When their 3s sucks...they should not shoot too many 3s (i.e Blake). Mike Brown didn't say anything much. When Phil was around, Phil would have stop that and make them attack the paint rather than taking easy 3s.

DKLaker
11-08-2012, 01:42 AM
.......tick........tok.......tick.......tok......

:oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-08-2012, 01:54 AM
When their 3s sucks...they should not shoot too many 3s (i.e Blake). Mike Brown didn't say anything much. When Phil was around, Phil would have stop that and make them attack the paint rather than taking easy 3s.

or maybe play people who can shoot..like meeks, CDR, Goudelock....

oh wait...they let go off CDR, Goudelock while keeping Duhon/Clark/blake/

kobesabi
11-08-2012, 01:57 AM
or maybe play people who can shoot..like meeks, CDR, Goudelock....

oh wait...they let go off CDR, Goudelock while keeping Duhon/Clark/blake/
"they" = Mike Brown

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-08-2012, 02:19 AM
"they" = Mike Brown

exactly..I am rooting for them to lose couple of more games...so this dumb a$$ can get fired and save us from misery...

GSW is a young team who will make them run for their money....sac is young...lol....

BallsOut
11-08-2012, 02:27 AM
http://t.qkme.me/360ioc.jpg

I hate how this is always relevant.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-08-2012, 02:36 AM
fcuk Kobe is playing 37 mins this season??? thought Jodie meeks was here to give kobe relief?

L.A. Jazz
11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
imo MB is a pretender. he talks well about what needs to be done, what he wants to do and how he will get there. but thats all talk. all his yelling, standing up, walking on the sideline is for the front office and the fans. he just wants them to show that he has done verything he could during the games. but in detail, calling and drawing plays or getting the rotations right, he looks horrible to me.

my biggist argument against him is, that he plays Kobe lot sof minutes early in the season with a sore foot. if you have a plan and know your offense and defense will work, you dont worry about those losses. you keep on working. but he is in panic mode, because he thinks he will be fired soon. thats not the sign of a great coach.

every day i get more and more respect for Lebron James and how well these Cavs played despite MB.

dd24
11-08-2012, 10:48 AM
every day i get more and more respect for Lebron James and how well these Cavs played despite MB.

I would argue that Lebron was surrounded by more talent than people give the Cavs credit for too. I'm not saying it was great, but overall they had a solid team especially when you consider the fact that it was Lebrons fault that big name FA's were hesitant to sign there because they weren't certain if he was staying. Still when I watched those teams (and I watched them plenty against the Pistons) Mike Brown was always the guy that held them back. It was James that would always have to make up for his mistakes.

L.A. Jazz
11-08-2012, 10:53 AM
No arguing with me, you are right and didnt want to leave the other players out but Lebron with his all around talent filled the most holes they had.

daily
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM
"they" = Mike Brown They= Mitch Kupchak, The players released were all non guaranteed contracts. It was based on financial reasons not talent

DKLaker
11-08-2012, 01:20 PM
They= Mitch Kupchak, The players released were all non guaranteed contracts. It was based on financial reasons not talent

:facepalm They weren't worried about those tiny little contracts, money had absolutely nothing to do with it.......it was 100% Mike Brown's decision.

dd24
11-08-2012, 01:26 PM
:facepalm They weren't worried about those tiny little contracts, money had absolutely nothing to do with it.......it was 100% Mike Brown's decision.

Agreed. If the coaching staff would've felt those players would've been contributors in the rotation they would be on the team right now. Cutting the players was Brown's decision.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Jim Buss says he is ok with whats going on according to ESPN LA's Ramona S

way to go Jim

dd24
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
This is the latest that I read on it:

After watching the Los Angeles Lakers drop to 1-4 on the season with a 95-86 loss to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night, Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss was not a happy man. Something is not yet right with his star-studded team, and as a competitive guy, Buss is looking for ways to fix it sooner rather than later. "You don't start 0-3 for the first time since we've owned the franchise without being on top of it," Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "No matter what, you have to be aware. That doesn't mean change is coming. That just means you have to be aware."

But while fans and pundits have placed the blame for the Lakers' early struggles on coach Mike Brown, Buss said he's still very confident in his coach. "I have no problems with Mike Brown at all," Buss said. "He just works too hard and he's too knowledgeable for this to be happening. "So either the system is flawed or something's going on. Or, like the Triangle, it's very hard to pick up and understand. I'm not a basketball mind like he is or the players are, and the players are fine with it, so I just have to be patient."

In Buss' own words, "this team was built to win now." So just how patient can he be? "You have to give it time to understand [what's going on]," Buss said. "I don't know if there's an actual game total that would make me impatient. I know if we're 1-15, I don't think that would be very good. I'm sure that would be a panic button. But at this time, I'm fine with what's going on. It's a learning process for the players. As long as everybody is on the same page, I think we're fine."ESPN.com

So he's basically talking like a politician. He really doesn't answer the question. He says the team is built to win now and things need to be fixed, blah blah blah... and he also says how smart Mike Brown is, blah, blah, blah.
I would say Mike Brown isn't in the hot seat with management, but at least it's staring to get warm. It seems like the players don't like his decisions at all anymore. Kobe is getting upset, which is a good thing :banana:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
This is the latest that I read on it:

So he's basically talking like a politician. He really doesn't answer the question. He says the team is built to win now and things need to be fixed, blah blah blah... and he also says how smart Mike Brown is, blah, blah, blah.
I would say Mike Brown isn't in the hot seat with management, but at least it's staring to get warm. It seems like the players don't like his decisions at all anymore. Kobe is getting upset, which is a good thing :banana:

Jimmy/Dummy is being politician.

I work hard/very hard....will my boss keep me if I dont do exactly what he wants me to do??? & is not producing any results?

dd24
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
There's so many fire Mike Brown threads I don't even know where to post this anymore, lol. When I heard this news I was estatic!!! It's being reported if the Lakers don't do well on this homestand that Mike Brown will be fired. Of course I wouldn't want to root for the Lakers to lose but I guess if they went 2-4 over the next week it would actually make the team better :banana:

$LakerGold
11-09-2012, 03:58 PM
The best teacher is adversity. To improve on somethin, you must go through/suffer the pain. :lol

Bye Bye Mikey

$LakerGold
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
By the way, they'll still pay Mike Brown right?

DKLaker
11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
By the way, they'll still pay Mike Brown right?

Unfortunately yes.......but it doesn't count against the cap and we just got that HUGE tv deal so the Lakers won't even notice the money :cheers:

I told everyone from day 1 the guy is not a real nba coach......worst freaking move in Lakers History!!! Dude couldn't even coach a peewee team!!!!

dd24
11-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I told everyone from day 1 the guy is not a real nba coach......worst freaking move in Lakers History!!! Dude couldn't even coach a peewee team!!!!

Correction.... We told everyone...... :cheers:

DKLaker
11-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Correction.... We told everyone...... :cheers:

Yes, You, Me and a couple others......but WOW were we out numbered :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Maybe i was right....mutha fcukas are not even making playoffs this yr....lol

Thanks JIM MUTHA FCUKING BUSS.... Asshole

DKLaker
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Maybe i was right....mutha fcukas are not even making playoffs this yr....lol

Thanks JIM MUTHA FCUKING BUSS.... Asshole

Yeah.....I don't see any way they're making the playoffs this year....or next, or.....any time with 'Antoni.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah.....I don't see any way they're making the playoffs this year....or next, or.....any time with 'Antoni.

they wont...I saw the blazer/Heat game and the blazer players had so much emotion, excitement, energy to play the game....

& then I watched yesterday's laker game where there was ZERO emotion, excitement...sense of urgency

I think all these mutha fcuka's like Pau, MWP, whoever fcuk that is...are satisfied with the chips they won in the past....they have scrubs like meeks, jamison who do only 1 but not the other....

just disaster... over all.....

they need some hungry players...hungry for success....hungry to chips....

dd24
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think it's that they don't care and they've won championships in the past. There's definitely guys who are playing hard. I really don't like the system they are using. They aren't working to their advantages. Rather than work with two of the best big men in the game, 'antoni would rather play small ball. The Lakers aren't built for that. The system is the issue holding the Lakers back more than anything.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't think it's that they don't care and they've won championships in the past. There's definitely guys who are playing hard. I really don't like the system they are using. They aren't working to their advantages. Rather than work with two of the best big men in the game, 'antoni would rather play small ball. The Lakers aren't built for that. The system is the issue holding the Lakers back more than anything.

holding back on effort and energy too??

DKLaker
01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
holding back on effort and energy too??

Imagine you're a track star in the 100, your new coach insists for some strange reason that you run backwards for the first 30 meters.....you don't understand and you are not happy but you do it. You lose again and again,
the coach says in every press conference that you should run faster.
Everyone watching says you need to run forward the whole race......common sense right? Now you have 5 races in 7 days and the coach hasn't changed his idiotic ways.......how fired up would you be? Seriously :confusedshrug:
You know damn well that you can't win doing it his way and you just look dumb.

Please tell me that any expert thinks that we shouldn't be feeding the post, have Pau within 18 feet, slow the game down, run pick and roll....or any of the other common sense things that we aren't doing.

dd24
01-13-2013, 01:02 AM
That's exactly it DKLaker. I couldn't have said it better myself :cheers: