PDA

View Full Version : According to Bill Simmons: "Blake and DJ dont like playing with Chris Paul"

Thechosen1
10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dY6JP4cZRXc#!

Whoah10115
10-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I no comprehend.

Clippersfan86
10-26-2012, 12:26 PM
This guy has REALLY lost it. He's pretended to be a Clippers supporter just to spite the Lakers for years and he's predicting 45 wins which is like 7th or 8th seed in the west and a rift between CP3 and his bigs? :roll: :roll:

Mr Exlax
10-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I heard him say it on a podcast yesterday. Something to the effect of the kids don't like to play with him because they want to run, but he wants to grind out the game. He sounded like he seriously thinks that though. :biggums:

Whoah10115
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
This guy is insane. I can't even comprehend. The other guy's head snaps up in response.

Clippersfan86
10-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I heard him say it on a podcast yesterday. Something to the effect of the kids don't like to play with him because they want to run, but he wants to grind out the game. He sounded like he seriously thinks that though. :biggums:

Well you can tell last year CP3's slow pace at times probably annoyed Griffin and BG due to lack of easy finishes but that's been resolved. CP3 has said he's going to push the tempo and if pre-season is any indication he HAS been doing it. Him saying our young players don't like playing with CP3 is one of the worst reaches I've seen because the young guys in particular praise Paul working with them and how much he's helped them all.

Bledsoe in the media two days ago said "I love playing with Chris" and how he wanted more time on the court WITH Chris. Yet he hates playing with him??? This team has great chemistry off the court and even pretty good chemistry on the court.

Reverend Hoops
10-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Get rid of CP3 then.....

Droid101
10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Chris is a grind-it-out point guard. He wants to win.

The kids can shut up and like it, or sign elsewhere.

Whoah10115
10-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Paul throws plenty of lobs, regardless of pace.

Bigsmoke
10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
these guys are morons.

its called depth

demons2005
10-26-2012, 01:09 PM
It doesn't surprise me at all. CP has always been overrated as a teammate I remember how he got Collison shipped out for trash, got Byron Scott kicked out, etc. Look at how players react now that they're not on the same team and having to put up a front. Jack and Thornton ripped into him when they played last year to the press, particularly calling him out for being the flopper he is.

Darius
10-26-2012, 01:11 PM
They never said that.

Simmons was speculating based on the fact Chris Paul likes to walk it up and BG/DJ supposedly like to run.

Chris Paul is the best leader in the NBA.

SpecialQue
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM
This guy has REALLY lost it. He's pretended to be a Clippers supporter just to spite the Lakers for years and he's predicting 45 wins which is like 7th or 8th seed in the west and a rift between CP3 and his bigs? :roll: :roll:

While Simmons is a bigger **** than that thing between Belladonna's legs, the reason he's owned Clipper season tickets for years is because he's a sports writer and it's a fairly cheap way to see every team in the league live at least once a season. He also pulls out his fan bullshit logic by saying that he's not a Clipper fan, but will root for them against any team except the Celtics while he's there, out of respect. He also admits that because of seeing so many Clippers games over the years, he does have a soft spot for both the team and its fans.

Clippersfan86
10-26-2012, 01:35 PM
While Simmons is a bigger **** than that thing between Belladonna's legs, the reason he's owned Clipper season tickets for years is because he's a sports writer and it's a fairly cheap way to see every team in the league live at least once a season. He also pulls out his fan bullshit logic by saying that he's not a Clipper fan, but will root for them against any team except the Celtics while he's there, out of respect. He also admits that because of seeing so many Clippers games over the years, he does have a soft spot for both the team and its fans.

Yea and as somebody with Clippers season tickets to say the team will finish with a much worse win percentage than last year and basically not make the playoffs.... it's disrespectful.

SHAQisGOAT
10-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I can't believe that

KyrieTheFuture
10-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Every other criticism they made is accurate and Bill makes a good point he just takes it too far. They would rather run than grind it out but that doesn't mean they don't like playing with Chris.

kentatm
10-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Dallas will take him! :banana:

boozehound
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Yea and as somebody with Clippers season tickets to say the team will finish with a much worse win percentage than last year and basically not make the playoffs.... it's disrespectful.
wtf ever. Hes entitled to his opinion on the team. Something tells me he saw more clippers games last year than any fan on this site. He may not be right (I personally think his assessment is fairly accurate and that the clip will be a 5-8 seed), but to call it disrespectful is just stupid. So, he should just be a blind homer with no basis in reality? Even in his over the top Celtics love, hes still pretty critical when he sees an issue.

Ikill
10-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Blake didn't really look comfortable last year

Dasher
10-26-2012, 02:57 PM
:oldlol:

Were fans always this easily butthurt?

boozehound
10-26-2012, 02:59 PM
:oldlol:

Were fans always this easily butthurt?
no, but be nice. they are new to being anything but the bottom feeder in the west.

Mr Know It All
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Bill Simmons has actually really gone downhill when it comes to sports knowledge. I don't even think the guy watches the games anymore (more interested in his Grantland Empire) and he consistently talks out of his ass.

That being said, I think the Clippers have the potential to be disappointing, but I am more and more leading to them being very good than not (their moves initially didn't impress me). Right now, I am getting WCF kind of vibes from their makeup. Not a true contender though, but can make a run.

devin112
10-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Simmons has to say shit like this so that we'll bother to read his shit. He's basically trolling everybody. Blake has a huge man crush on CP, said how he's a good roll model for him on and off the court. 90% of DJ's points comes off of passes from CP. He's Bled's mentor.

senelcoolidge
10-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Attention Whore! If you have seen those guys they get along great. Off and on the court.

MiamiThrice
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Lol @ too much talent

Clippers have two legit franchise guys and arguably the most depth in the league. I will be surprised if their not the third seed in the West after LAL/OKC.

wakencdukest
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Simmons needs to go back to Boston, with his biased ass.

Clippersfan86
10-26-2012, 03:08 PM
wtf ever. Hes entitled to his opinion on the team. Something tells me he saw more clippers games last year than any fan on this site. He may not be right (I personally think his assessment is fairly accurate and that the clip will be a 5-8 seed), but to call it disrespectful is just stupid. So, he should just be a blind homer with no basis in reality? Even in his over the top Celtics love, hes still pretty critical when he sees an issue.

You realize he said 45 wins at best and wouldn't be surprised if less right? The average win total the last decade to make the 8 seed in the west is 45 wins. So he's basically saying 8 seed at absolute best, wouldn't be surprised if we miss playoffs. How is that NOT disrespectful??????? Use your head bro. This isn't the eastern conference where 45 wins is a 3 seed.

He's also flat out saying this team will regress compared to last year... which doesn't make sense. Bledsoe, Griffin and DJ look much improved and the team got a lot deeper. Not to mention Chauncey is almost healthy.

spacebump
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
It doesn't surprise me at all. CP has always been overrated as a teammate

If you really think this get out.

Nick Young
10-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Simmons is butthurt the Clippers have a better roster than Boston. He's making up rumors.

ncrizzle
10-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Fvck You OP. As if fan needs any more fuel

Pushxx
10-26-2012, 04:51 PM
This is some dumb shit.

EnoughSaid
10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Clippers are honestly overrated as hell. Clippersfan and others need to STFU when putting them in the Heat, Thunder and Lakers class. They're in tier 2.

Kblaze8855
10-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Liking a team and predicting a lot of wins are not related. They shouldnt be at least.

Legends66NBA7
10-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Clippers are honestly overrated as hell. Clippersfan and others need to STFU when putting them in the Heat, Thunder and Lakers class. They're in tier 2.

Nobody's has played yet, so everything is on paper.

No reason not to think the Clippers can be on a top level.

devin112
10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
You realize he said 45 wins at best and wouldn't be surprised if less right? The average win total the last decade to make the 8 seed in the west is 45 wins. So he's basically saying 8 seed at absolute best, wouldn't be surprised if we miss playoffs. How is that NOT disrespectful??????? Use your head bro. This isn't the eastern conference where 45 wins is a 3 seed.

He's also flat out saying this team will regress compared to last year... which doesn't make sense. Bledsoe, Griffin and DJ look much improved and the team got a lot deeper. Not to mention Chauncey is almost healthy.

You're such a emotional dramatic little girl. I feel slighted as a Clippers fan, but we've still got a lot to prove. 1 year isn't enough to totally change perception or earn respect or benefit of the doubt. I look forward to proving the doubters wrong. Instead of getting butt hurt, take on the challenge and rejoice when they'll have to eat their own words.

EnoughSaid
10-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Nobody's has played yet, so everything is on paper.

No reason not to think the Clippers can be on a top level.

But there is also no reason TO think they will be on that level.

As far as I know, it's:

Miami

Lakers, OKC

Clippers, Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, Grizzlies

Nuggets, 76ers, Knicks, Nets

Clippersfan86
10-26-2012, 05:26 PM
But there is also no reason TO think they will be on that level.

As far as I know, it's:

Miami

Lakers, OKC

Clippers, Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, Grizzlies

Nuggets, 76ers, Knicks, Nets

Nobody including me is saying they are first tier. I agree that until proven otherwise second tier. 45 wins max though means no playoffs or 8 seed at best. Do you agree with that?

EnoughSaid
10-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Nobody including me is saying they are first tier. I agree that until proven otherwise second tier. 45 wins max though means no playoffs or 8 seed at best. Do you agree with that?

Not at all. I think Clippers at worst are the 6th seed behind the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and then Nuggets. But I think they'll get around the 3rd/4th seed.

Clippersfan86
10-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Not at all. I think Clippers at worst are the 6th seed behind the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and then Nuggets. But I think they'll get around the 3rd/4th seed.

Exactly what I think. Which likely means 52-55 wins, which is way more than his prediction. Basically he's saying no playoffs or 8 seed at best which is absurd so why am I just being a butthurt homer guys?

devin112
10-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Exactly what I think. Which likely means 52-55 wins, which is way more than his prediction. Basically he's saying no playoffs or 8 seed at best which is absurd so why am I just being a butthurt homer guys?

Dramatic little girl. No reason to bitch and moan about a remark from one sports writer. I'm more annoyed that he's trying to stir up shit with the players then his prediction on the record.

Chapallaz
10-26-2012, 05:58 PM
You didnt shut up the years prior to 2012-2013 either.

Real Men Wear Green
10-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Bledsoe in the media two days ago said "I love playing with Chris" and how he wanted more time on the court WITH Chris. Yet he hates playing with him??? This team has great chemistry off the court and even pretty good chemistry on the court.
If Bledsoe doesn't play beside Paul he's going to average 12 minutes in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs.

Bigsmoke
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM

didn't everybody predicted the Bulls would finish 5th in the East with no chance of Derrick Rose winning the MVP? :pimp:

jjayfive
10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't believe it.. Blake gets have of his buckets from CP lobs and bounce passes..

LA Lakers
10-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Also said LO gonna retire in 3 months. Wonder if he has word from the inside somewhere to make that kind of prediction?

Whoah10115
10-26-2012, 08:51 PM
He's talking like an idiot. But let's get over it.

The Celtics are not in that 2nd tier. They're easily higher than that.

Al Thornton
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
he has brought up "too many guys" for the clippers multiple times, but has not once thought of it with the celtics. how are they gonna find minutes for terry, lee, bradley, and barbosa?

Lamar Doom
10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Simmons is a damn good writer but his homerism and laker hatred are hard to swallow sometimes. He's gone out of his way to take shots at Lamar Odom over the years, be interesting to see if he back pedals now that he's back on one of his teams.

daily
10-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Simmons is a damn good writer but his homerism and laker hatred are hard to swallow sometimes. He's gone out of his way to take shots at Lamar Odom over the years, be interesting to see if he back pedals now that he's back on one of his teams.
Lot's of writers blast Odom. 90% of the time it's deserved. Like now, how can he possibly after last season's melt down come into Clipper camp so out of shape that he can't even participate in full practices. This was his second chance he probably doesn't deserve and he blows it.

therammingman
10-27-2012, 12:49 AM
i will ride with simmons till the end

ballsohard247
10-27-2012, 01:06 AM
I find this hard to believe. They seem to have great team chemistry making the team relevant again.

ballsohard247
10-27-2012, 01:07 AM
i will ride with simmons till the end
I agree. I love The Book of Basketball. Probably read it 4 times at least.

Lamar Doom
10-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Lot's

Lot's?

of writers blast Odom. 90% of the time it's deserved.

interesting statistic... with loads of data to support it I'm sure.

Like now, how can he possibly after last season's melt down come into Clipper camp so out of shape that he can't even participate in full practices. This was his second chance he probably doesn't deserve and he blows it.

your comment has nothing to do with what I said but thank you for your input

ncrizzle
10-27-2012, 01:44 AM
i think we all can agree that the clippers will make the fvcking playoffs. who gives a shit what he thinks. He makes some points, but going below 45 wins is a full team meltdown scenario.

LA Lakers
10-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Check out Simmons new article. Now he is saying Lebron might be better than Jordan. Pat Riley must have him comped at clubs when he come to South Beach. I dont know how seriously I take his statements on basketball anymore.

TheBigVeto
10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Simmons is a Laker hater.
He should be commended for that.

Euroleague
10-29-2012, 01:00 AM
I have never seen a worse teammate than Chris Paul. He is a huge dick to all of his teammates. The guy is a complete jerk.

SpecialQue
10-29-2012, 01:06 AM

And now's as good a time as any to repost this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoV5u2WWJs

G-train
10-29-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dY6JP4cZRXc#!

Cool, been saying that for months.
Backward transactions and terrible off the court.
I despise Bill Simmons though, this makes me think I could be wrong.

demons2005
10-29-2012, 01:40 AM
I have never seen a worse teammate than Chris Paul. He is a huge dick to all of his teammates. The guy is a complete jerk.
A-men.

He reminds of Obama in that he could kill people and just royally F up the chemistry of his country (or team) and the media is still their licking his boots. It's just pathetic how much leeway he gets compared to any other player.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Cool, been saying that for months.
Backward transactions and terrible off the court.
I despise Bill Simmons though, this makes me think I could be wrong.

Terrible off the court? The Clippers team is among the closest off the court in the entire NBA. :facepalm

G-train
10-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Terrible off the court? The Clippers team is among the closest off the court in the entire NBA. :facepalm

Owner/Management/Coaching is what I am referring to. That's what it means 99.9999%, not the homo stuff.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Owner/Management/Coaching is what I am referring to. That's what it means 99.9999%, not the homo stuff.

Confused... ownership, management and coaching haven't been an issue at all the last few years. Sure Sterling is a scumbag and Vinny is a terrible coach but in the way that the team is being run they have done a fantastic job rebuilding since Blake Griffin.

Yung D-Will
10-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Prove it.

If you're talking about the entire Nba, then clearly you have some sort of knowledge about all the player relationships on every team in the league.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Prove it.

If you're talking about the entire Nba, then clearly you have some sort of knowledge about all the player relationships on every team in the league.

A few writers have compared the Clippers off court chemistry to the early 00's Kings. These guys are constantly hanging out off the court, doing everything together. DJ and Griffin stay at each others house regularly. You can dig up pictures all over the place. It's safe to say they are one of the more tight knit off the court teams.

This is my perception from reading up on other teams and obviously seeing photos, articles etc... obviously there is no way ANYBODY can "prove" this. Just my observation/opinion. All of our new additions comment on how close the team is so that's one huge indicator. Jamal Crawford said closest team he's even been on, compared it to family and said he'd run through a wall for these guys. Barnes said best off court chemistry of any team he's been on and that it was welcoming from day 1.

Also you can always see the bench dancing together, goofing off and genuinely cheering their asses off for each other. Just a great player environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9n95eqE30k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SodHgZ46KQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdlhDxRgPvs

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/21/news/la-clippers-players-charge-food-to-each-others-rooms-on-the-road-20120221

How many teams regularly have more than half the team going to dinner together, baseball games etc? This is a special group.

G-train
10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Confused... ownership, management and coaching haven't been an issue at all the last few years. Sure Sterling is a scumbag and Vinny is a terrible coach but in the way that the team is being run they have done a fantastic job rebuilding since Blake Griffin.

Bolded is a total contradiction. Add to that losing the GM.

ncrizzle
10-29-2012, 10:30 PM
http://stat.mobli.com/media_stills/media_21112550.jpg
There is only one way out of being a Grizzly. In a body bag

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 10:58 PM
http://stat.mobli.com/media_stills/media_21112550.jpg
There is only one way out of being a Grizzly. In a body bag

Yea Grizzlies are definitely one of the closest off the court bunches too. Grizzlies, Clippers, Thunder stand out as teams that hang out constantly off the court and genuinely all love each other and treat each other like family. I mean the guys on the Clippers have football games all the time and BBQ, go to beach together, go to sports games. Hell the other day there was a picture taken from a party with Barnes, Butler, CP3, Arenas and DJ.

32MJ32
10-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Idiotic, even by that idiot's standards. DeAndre Jordan would average 2-4 ppg if it wasn't for Paul putting the ball in his mouth 4-5 times a game.

FWIW, Simmons sees rifts, bad coaching and bad teammates everywhere other than in Boston, home of the blue-collar, hard-working, team first, Ubuntu Celtics.. who just lost one of their cornerstones to their fiercest rival after he feuded with one of the other cornerstones.

No one wants to play with CP. The Clippers signing multiple veterans, who wouldn't have gone there for under a billion before last season, and extending Blake are totally not related to CP 's arrival. And no one wants to play with Kobe, either, not Nash, not Howard... they just.. went there..

Kobe suckz!!!111 Problemz in Clipperland!1 Did you hear him? Those things!