PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is the clutchest player in NBA history

Salazaar
10-26-2012, 01:24 PM
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/497/42797339863786020765512.jpg

We are indeed not worthy of your godly omnipotent presence, oh Lawd Gawdbe! :bowdown: LeBron James is whom we shall all jeer for his horrible unforgivable unclutchness and choke gene! So help us Gawd..

:coleman:

pauk
10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Lebron is actually 6 of 14 (42.8) as of right now

Durant is 3 of 6 so far

dontgetchoked
10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
kobe isnt scared to take the shot. a lot of players dont want to take it, kobe loves to take the last shot. He loves the pressure, to a fault, as you can see by this stat. lol

Bigsmoke
10-26-2012, 01:35 PM
yeah **** that rapist.

pauk
10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
kobe isnt scared to take the shot. a lot of players dont want to take it, kobe loves to take the last shot. He loves the pressure, to a fault, as you can see by this stat. lol

Im sure he does, to much.... that can be a problem actually.... there is lots of games Kobe could have won if he trusted his teammates all the time (Jordan did and Lebron certainly does) and most importantly if he had better shot selection

NumberSix
10-26-2012, 02:08 PM
InB4. "Playoffs don't matter. Regular season games against the raptors and the hornets is what really matters".

tmacattack33
10-26-2012, 02:10 PM

And if you are converting less than 30 percent of them, that is a problem and should not be commended in any way, shape, or form.

Salazaar
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Im sure he does, to much.... that can be a problem actually.... there is lots of games Kobe could have won if he trusted his teammates all the time (Jordan did and Lebron certainly does) and most importantly if he had better shot selection

No question about that but Kobe stans just can't accept it.

SHAQisGOAT
10-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Most clutch performer ever is not even in that pic - Larry Bird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmrcY4NxCM

Pat Riley: "If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird."

Jordan's a close second.

KyrieTheFuture
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Everyone knows it's more important to not be afraid to take the last shot than it is to be good at making the last shot.

Figlo
10-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Give me his clutch playoff shots compared to Jordan?

TheMarkMadsen
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Because game clinching shots that took place in the first 46 seconds of the last minute of the 4th quarter mean nothing.. :rolleyes:

Because Jordan only took 18 clutch shots in his entire career.. riiiight.

Also, Kobe had 6 game winners in 2009-2010, one over wade IN THE FINAL SECONDS of the game, also a game winner against the kings as time expired..

So that "0 - 7 in the final 10 seconds since 07" is completly FALSE

Also, 10 years ago or so Kobe had a game against POR where he hit the game tying 3 to send it to OT and the game winning 3 in OT. All in the final seconds.

So that's 8 game winners in the final seconds that I can recall just off the TOP OF MY HEAD.

So I would assume those stats are heavily skewed or completly false.

Also its clearly evident that those stats are skewed/false since it claims that Jordan ONLY ATTEMPTED 18 "clutch" shots in the final 24 seconds, which I find really hard to believe.

creepingdeath
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-1-500x373.jpg

Say again, Bronboy? What? Wade and Lebron combined had less points on lower efficiency than Dirk in the 4th ? Dayum... :eek:

Salazaar
10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
http://mavsmag.com/redirk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-1-500x373.jpg

Say again, Bronboy? What? Wade and Lebron combined had less points on lower efficiency than Dirk in the 4th ? Dayum... :eek:

Series stats > career stats? Nikka please :lol

Doctor Rivers
10-26-2012, 03:15 PM

We are indeed not worthy of your godly omnipotent presence, oh Lawd Gawdbe! :bowdown: LeBron James is whom we shall all jeer for his horrible unforgivable unclutchness and choke gene! So help us Gawd..

:coleman:

Which account of yours got banned?

Mach_3
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Because game clinching shots that took place in the first 46 seconds of the last minute of the 4th quarter mean nothing.. :rolleyes:

Also, Kobe had 6 game winners in 2009-2010, one over wade IN THE FINAL SECONDS of the game, also a game winner against the kings as time expired..

Also, 10 years ago or so Kobe had a game against POR where he hit the game tying 3 to send it to OT and the game winning 3 in OT. All in the final seconds.

So that's 8 game winners in the final seconds that I can recall just off the TOP OF MY HEAD.

Also its clearly evident that those stats are skewed/false since it claims that Jordan ONLY ATTEMPTED 18 "clutch" shots in the final 24 seconds, which I find really hard to believe.

POSTSEASON

:facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM

Post-season only. Take an advil for your butthurt. Any stat can be skewed to make someone look good or bad but it helps when you read the entire thing before criticizing it.

kNIOKAS
10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Came in to neg,
but a good post.

funnystuff
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
POSTSEASON

:facepalm
Beat me to it.

Metroid
10-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Playoffs don't matter. Regular season games against the Raptors and the Hornets is what really matters.

81 points.

hawke812
10-26-2012, 03:57 PM
We are indeed not worthy of your godly omnipotent presence, oh Lawd Gawdbe! So help us Gawd..

This is all that matters in life:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dictator
10-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Skewed stats, plus OP needs to combine regular season and playoff season stats.

DatAsh
10-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Skewed stats, plus OP needs to combine regular season and playoff season stats.

If the goal is to compare their "clutch" production - by this criteria - in the post season, why should he include regular season data?

DJ Leon Smith
10-26-2012, 04:12 PM
These stats are totally flawed.

They don't take into account the amount of NBA Finals games that Kobe has lost after being up 24 points in the first half at home and the amount of deciding NBA Finals games he's lost by 39 points.

HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWDBE!?!?!? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

stax
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bNcrO.jpg

Salazaar
10-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Which account of yours got banned?

Got only one brah.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to present complete statistics, just a little comparison for all the people who believe kobe is an absolute killer in the clutch and lebron is a choker.

BlueandGold
10-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I seriously doubt even the most rudimentary level of basketball knowledge that you might possess. Jordan didn't get 6 FMVP by "trusting his teammates all the time", to up and even after he got his 6th ring there were many in the media and otherwise who still labeled him as a ballhog.

And as for Lebron ironically what your boasting about is also his weakness, he defers to a fault sometimes.. trusting players like Mo Williams, Varjeao and Haslem to take the last shot over himself.. :facepalm

Do you do nothing on ISH except defend your beloved hero? Doesn't that get dull after a while being that 1-dimensional and only having one purpose on ISH? I mean don't get me wrong i love trolling someone who deserves it as much as the next guy but for that to be your entire purpose on this forum is seriously :confusedshrug:

ripthekik
10-26-2012, 04:56 PM
the only problem I have with the stats is that it doesn't show when Lebron passes the last shot. He has done so quite a few times in the playoffs as well. That should be taken into consideration, when the superstar of your team dumps the ball to a scrub in the final seconds to take the game winning shot.

Duncan21formvp
10-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Most clutch performer ever is not even in that pic - Larry Bird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmrcY4NxCM

Pat Riley: "If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird."

Jordan's a close second.

If Bird was that clutch why would he have lost soo many series as the favorite and never won any that he wasn't the favorite in?

swi7ch
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Not surprised the unanimous GOAT is at the top of that list. :applause:

SHAQisGOAT
10-26-2012, 05:47 PM
If Bird was that clutch why would he have lost soo many series as the favorite and never won any that he wasn't the favorite in?

What series? Probably 1982 or 1983. 1980 he was a rookie with a sh**ty team, 1985 he injured his hand and still took the Lakers to 6 games, 1987 he had an injured team with no bench and still took them to the Finals, 1988 to the ECF.
I can also counter by saying if Jordan's so clutch why he never won a playoff series against Bird?
Two stupid questions though.

Also look at Bird's stats in elimination games (game 5 or 7): 27.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 6.6 apg on 50.3 %FG/59.5 %TS with a 7-3 record

Dare you to find better all-around stats going along with so many wins.

See some of his clutch plays videos, really long, offensively and defensively, making all types of shots, passes, steals and so on.
What other player tells the opponent that he's getting the ball and where he's going to shoot it from?
Best clutch player ever.

Magic 32
10-26-2012, 06:22 PM
I would like to see those misses. In one of the lists complied, this "shot" was included:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZr5AN-bsM&t=7m11s

Talk about bullsh*t.

AlphaWolf24
10-26-2012, 06:28 PM
I would like to see those misses. In one of the lists complied, this "shot" was included:

Talk about bullsh*t.

yup..more Kobe hating...what's new?

only Kobe gets hated for playing in so many playoff games and taking so many tough shots to save his team....

:lol dey so MAD

next

jjayfive
10-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Is there a stat that shows how many shots Lebron passed up? BTW.. Kobe is not the most clutch player in NBA history. But he is pretty darn good. Jordan GOAT.

if you want to use clutchness, you have to put Horry and Fisher in there.. These guys probably shot 70%.

TheMarkMadsen
10-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Post-season only. Take an advil for your butthurt. Any stat can be skewed to make someone look good or bad but it helps when you read the entire thing before criticizing it.

The Op's post had no substance & didn't clarify anything, I missed one word from a picture..

AND ADVIL? :biggums:

Equate Nikka.

jstern
10-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The thing about Jordan's percentage is that like 3 of the misses were impossible shots that required a miracle, which makes his percentage even more amazing. Someone post a video a few months ago.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Talk about bullsh*t.

You won't see a compile list of shots because Kobe did miss some shots but not as much as people say he did.

I've watched a lot of Laker games in my time and I don't remember him missing all those shots like they say he did.

It's basically bullshit.

jstern
10-26-2012, 07:12 PM
yup..more Kobe hating...what's new?

only Kobe gets hated for playing in so many playoff games and taking so many tough shots to save his team....

:lol dey so MAD

next

Relax. All that Kobe has to do is hit one game winning shot in the first round next year and he will again be consider the clutchest player in NBA history by all the media, and the absolute GOAT by the Kobe fanatics. You can have your fun then.

Droid101
10-26-2012, 07:13 PM

I'm surprised how much mileage I've gotten out of this article. Still not too terribly outdated.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/03/04/kobe-bryant-lebron-james-and-clutch-shooting-when-perception-and-reality-shake-hands/#more-35626

On Friday night against the Utah Jazz, LeBron James put up one of those statlines where you would know it was him without even looking at the name attached to it: 35 points, 16-for-24 shooting, 10 rebounds, six assists, three blocks and no turnovers. Ridiculous, right? Too bad the Heat still lost the game by a point, and when LeBron passed out of a double team to a wide open Udonis Haslem for the potential game-winning shot — and Haslem missed the shot as the clock expired — the buzz on Twitter was mostly about how LeBron “wilted in the clutch” yet again.

The “LeBron isn’t clutch” narrative annoys me because too many people narrowly define clutch as “making the game-winning shot”. If you watched that final play and you’re completely objective about LeBron, you should agree with me that LeBron made the right play. LeBron was double-covered, Haslem is a decent mid-range shooter, and Haslem was open. Just because Kobe Bryant probably would have taken the shot in that situation, that doesn’t make it the right play.

Of course, what would be defined as “the right play” for most basketball players doesn’t apply to Kobe Bryant — according to some people, anyway. If you replace LeBron with Kobe and Haslem with Pau Gasol on that same play, I imagine most Lakers fans would want Kobe to take that shot. And the reason why they want Kobe to take that game-deciding shot is because of his reputation as the best clutch shooter in the NBA.

This reputation doesn’t just exist in the minds of fans. In a January survery of NBA General Managers by NBA.com, 48.1 percent of the respondents said they would want Kobe “taking a shot with the game on the line”. In last year’s survey, Kobe was named by 78.6 percent of the respondents. Most likely, the GMs feel this way about Kobe for the same reason his fans do — he’s made a lot of memorable buzzer-beaters in his career. He’s also missed a lot of those shots, and I’ve long believed that the quantity of his misses gets overlooked in this narrative.

Luckily for us, Basketball-Reference.com recently launched their “Shot Finder” which claims to track every shot from the 2000-01 season through to this season — up to the February 28 games, as of this writing. The table below shows the results of my Shot Finder query with the following criteria: regular season or playoffs, fourth quarter or overtime, 0:05 or less remaining, shot to tie or to take the lead. The Shot Finder doesn’t let you query across multiple seasons, so I did it for this season and the previous two seasons and added up the numbers for 35 of the most prominent players in terms of overall fame/ability or their tendency to take these shots. If you think I excluded a worthy player, feel free to look him up yourself.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/03/120305-clutchshooting.jpg

As you can see, I sorted the results by field goals made. Part of me wants to dismiss the meaning behind these numbers because of the sample size — would you be comfortable making an absolute judgement on a player’s shooting skill based on 23 or fewer field goal attempts? But when it comes right down to it, these numbers do absolutely nothing to change Kobe’s and LeBron’s reputations.

As it turns out, Kevin Durant appears to have the most undeserved reputation as a clutch performer. He received 30.8 percent of the GM votes for “taking a shot with the game on the line” and while he’s taken more of those shots than anyone else, his results in those situations have been dismal. As Skeets and Tas have frequently pointed out, Thunder coach Scott Brooks’ playcalling probably deserves a lot of the blame for this.

For me, the most compelling number in this table is the combined field goal percentage for these players. We would all probably guess that the field goal percentage in these situations would be lower than in other situations because of the defensive intensity associated with game-deciding scenarios. But the shockingly poor field goal percentages of so many of the game’s elite players in these situations makes me wonder if coaches should start experimenting with using their stars as decoys in clutch moments. If the defense has a pretty good idea who is going to take that shot, the difficulty level for that player making the shot clearly goes way up.

Small sample sizes and all, it’s hard to make a good case that LeBron should have taken that final shot on Friday. Haslem was open, LeBron wasn’t, and LeBron doesn’t appear comfortable taking those shots, regardless. As for Kobe, it appears I owe him and his fans an apology for doubting his legend as much as I have. I still believe the concept of “clutch shooting” is overrated, but I certainly can’t continue implying that Kobe’s reputation is undeserved.

jstern
10-26-2012, 07:14 PM
You won't see a compile list of shots because Kobe did miss some shots but not as much as people say he did.

I've watched a lot of Laker games in my time and I don't remember him missing all those shots like they say he did.

It's basically bullshit.

It's called confirmation bias. That's what you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

A person like you will only remember the shots made, and the ones miss will usually get erased from you brain as if it never happened. And no stats or any type of proof will cause you to change your mind.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 07:14 PM
ESPN likes to make shit up.

I would like to see those 7 shots he missed since '07. They can't just start putting up stats without sourcing these games and shot.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 07:17 PM
It's called confirmation bias. That's what you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

A person like you will only remember the shots made, and the ones miss will usually get erased from you brain as if it never happened. And no stats or any type of proof will cause you to change your mind.

It will change my mind if there is an actual stat. Like I said, nobody keeps track of game winners or clutch shots. When they are made you are going to remember them because it was significant. Let's be honest here, who's going to remember insignificant missed shots. People remember game winners nobody says MJ missed X amount of shots. That's not how you watch sports.

People are trying to change the game of basketball and make it like baseball where's it's statistic oriented.

In my time, a game winner is a game winner and you are happy that your team won and the guy taking the shot. It doesn't matter how many times a guy misses because when it comes down to it, you want your best player to shoot the ball.

I am still waiting for those missed shots btw.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM

I can do better than that.

Out of the 3, Kobe has by far the worst supporting cast of the 3 teams. He has done more with less.

Kobe needed to shoot 27 times, where MJ and Lebron respectively shot 18 and 12 attempts. They had teammates to bail them out in crunch time. Heck, MJ had Pippen. MJ and Lebron didn't need to shoot as much and carry their loaded team.

Heck, Kobe has Shaq to carry since Shaq couldn't do much on the free throw line.

You also can't fault Kobe for playing in more playoff games than MJ and Lebron. If you need to get in the post season and win...you go with Kobe out of the 3.

If ESPN wants to spin it....I will spin it this way in Kobe's defense.

lilgodfather1
10-26-2012, 07:34 PM

Out of the 3, Kobe has by far the worst supporting cast of the 3 teams. He has done more with less.

Kobe needed to shoot 27 times, where MJ and Lebron respectively shot 18 and 12 attempts. They had teammates to bail them out in crunch time. Heck, MJ had Pippen. MJ and Lebron didn't need to shoot as much and carry their loaded team.

Heck, Kobe has Shaq to carry since Shaq couldn't do much on the free throw line.

You also can't fault Kobe for playing in more playoff games than MJ and Lebron. If you need to get in the post season and win...you go with Kobe out of the 3.

Kobe's not good enough to keep his team away from these situations unlike LeBron and MJ... That spin was easier, and requires less explanation.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Kobe's not good enough to keep his team away from these situations unlike LeBron and MJ... That spin was easier, and requires less explanation.

repped.

That's my whole point.

spin will spin.

Leviathon1121
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM

And would be the correct explanation. Kobe Bryant lead teams have been notorious for not closing out games in the waning moments of the 4th, especially games they should be winning easily. In 20 years of watching basketball, I have never seen a player put in place to take last second shots as much as Kobe. I'll take the guy that gets his team a 10 point lead with 30 seconds left every time.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 07:46 PM
And would be the correct explanation. Kobe Bryant lead teams have been notorious for not closing out games in the waning moments of the 4th, especially games they should be winning easily. In 20 years of watching basketball, I have never seen a player put in place to take last second shots as much as Kobe. I'll take the guy that gets his team a 10 point lead with 30 seconds left every time.

That's why he's the best closer in the game. That's why when you think clutch and closer, you think of Kobe, rarely someone says MJ over Kobe for the last shot.

Salazaar
10-26-2012, 07:53 PM

You seem to forget that Lebron played 7 years in Cleveland and was only surrounded by a bunch of scrubs before joining the Heat 2 years ago.

Leviathon1121
10-26-2012, 07:58 PM
That's why he's the best closer in the game. That's why when you think clutch and closer, you think of Kobe, rarely someone says MJ over Kobe for the last shot.

He is put in that place because his teams fail to close out games like they should. That is not a positive, despite how much you Kobe fans want it to be.

9erempiree
10-26-2012, 08:02 PM
He is put in that place because his teams fail to close out games like they should. That is not a positive, despite how much you Kobe fans want it to be.

So winning so many championships = failing to close out games?:facepalm

This board has probably the dumbest members. :applause:

truhooper
10-26-2012, 08:04 PM
:roll:

tmacattack33
10-26-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm surprised how much mileage I've gotten out of this article. Still not too terribly outdated.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/03/04/kobe-bryant-lebron-james-and-clutch-shooting-when-perception-and-reality-shake-hands/#more-35626

I don't know where they are getting the numbers.

From what I see on bballreference.com, Kobe was 2-9 last year, and 2 for 4 two years ago. That totals to 4-13.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=0&time_remain_seconds=5&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&is_tying=Y&is_go_ahead=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

4th Quarter or OT, reg season or playoffs, 5 or less seconds remaining, shot to tie or take the lead.

I trust myself more than the writer of that article, as i use bbballreference all the time.

Also, it's well known that Kobe's been bad in the clutch over the past few years. There is no way he is 9 for 19 at it.

jstern
10-26-2012, 08:23 PM

Worst supporting cast? How many times has he been bailed out by his teammates after missing shots in the biggest of moments. Arterst, Fisher, Gasol. Lebron had no help in Cleveland, and if anything the confusion of who should take the last shot in Miami certainly hasn't helped his record.

It sounds like you're doing the spinning here, ESPN just posted numbers, not opinions.

G-Funk
10-26-2012, 08:26 PM
These stats are totally flawed.

They don't take into account the amount of NBA Finals games that Kobe has lost after being up 24 points in the first half at home and the amount of deciding NBA Finals games he's lost by 39 points.

HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWDBE!?!?!? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

BEAST Griffin
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
The good ole Kobe king of clutch myth.

KOBE143
10-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Kobe is not afraid to take the last shot and take the blame whenever they lost while LeBron he rather pass it to his teammates or become passive late game and lose the game than take the blame for not making the last shot.. Thats the difference betwen LeBron and Kobe.. Thats why Kobe has 5 legitimate/real rings to LeBron .5 cheap ring in fake/shortened/lockout season..

BEAST Griffin
10-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Kobe is not afraid to take the last shot and take the blame whenever they lost while LeBron he rather pass it to his teammates or become passive late game and lose the game than take the blame for not making the last shot.. Thats the difference betwen LeBron and Kobe.. Thats why Kobe has 5 legitimate/real rings to LeBron .5 cheap ring in fake/shortened/lockout season..

Kobe Bryant would be a better player if he didn't always hog the ball late in games. There is a reason the Lakers have such a drop in offensive production late in games in the Kobe Bryant era.

KOBE143
10-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Kobe Bryant would be a better player if he didn't always hog the ball late in games. There is a reason the Lakers have such a drop in offensive production late in games in the Kobe Bryant era.
Huh? your post doesnt make sense.. Its the responsibility of the superstars to take charge late game.. They always wanted the ball late game and make their teammates trust and believe them, they will win.. This is the main reason why LeBron will never be the GOAT or atleast top 5 player of all time.. He never had the mentality of a true superstars(Legend).. His mentality is in the same tier as Pippen, Stockton or Worthy.. It amaze me aside from MJ, Kobe is the only non big man in the top 5.. His mentality for the game of basketball is unbelievable that can only be rival by the GOAT MJ, Magic and Bird..

NumberSix
10-27-2012, 12:27 AM
It's almost as if Kobe intentionally blows 4th quarter leads so he can attempt a "clutch shot". It's absolutely comical how often he's solely responsible for his team blowing an easily retain able certain victory type of lead in the last moments of a game.

BEAST Griffin
10-27-2012, 12:46 AM
It's almost as if Kobe intentionally blows 4th quarter leads so he can attempt a "clutch shot". It's absolutely comical how often he's solely responsible for his team blowing an easily retain able certain victory type of lead in the last moments of a game.

Wasn't he accused of purposely doing that by teammates in high school?

Magic 32
10-27-2012, 01:18 AM

Why don't you give us some examples, buddy?

I have, proving the opposite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f42xjUtR39c

Droid101
10-27-2012, 01:32 AM
I don't know where they are getting the numbers.

From what I see on bballreference.com, Kobe was 2-9 last year, and 2 for 4 two years ago. That totals to 4-13.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=0&time_remain_seconds=5&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&is_tying=Y&is_go_ahead=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

4th Quarter or OT, reg season or playoffs, 5 or less seconds remaining, shot to tie or take the lead.

I trust myself more than the writer of that article, as i use bbballreference all the time.

Also, it's well known that Kobe's been bad in the clutch over the past few years. There is no way he is 9 for 19 at it.Hm... longtime writer for respected basketball blog, or retard from the internet...?

Who to trust!?