PDA

View Full Version : with Harden gone, does anyone really think it won't be LAL v MIA now?

swi7ch
10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Don't know if I should be happy or not. :(

flipogb
10-28-2012, 12:11 AM
the WCF will be played in LA, and only LA. then of course finals with Miami

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Seriously, I am picking Boston and Lakers this season.
I actually think Denver, Clippers and Pacers are my next choices. Just gut feeling here though. OKC of course is in the mix and so is SA. But I am feeling Boston coming out of the east, that team has it all to be honest.

TheMarkMadsen
10-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Kevin Martin is a REALLY good scorer.

A better scorer than Harden IMO

I trust a player like Martin to play consistent in big games more than i trust Harden after watching the finals

BGriffin's Dad
LAC-MIA

flipogb
Don't know if I should be happy or not. :(
happy as a Heat or La fan, Im a Lakers fan but Im not even thinking about the outcome. I just need to see Kobe vs LeBron. im sure Kobe does too just as one final challenge before he retires

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Might i increase the Lakers chances but they still have the same issues.

chips93
10-28-2012, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

EnoughSaid
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
People are seriously doubting Durant and GOATBrook here.

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 12:30 AM
avy bet that heat gets out of the east over boston?

Sure man.

dbugz
10-28-2012, 12:38 AM
It's going to be LA and Boston again :pimp:

the other LA team

All Net
10-28-2012, 02:24 AM
This doesn't decrease the thunders chances at all

G-Funk
10-28-2012, 02:26 AM
the WCF will be played in LA, and only LA. then of course finals with Miami
yes sir

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 02:28 AM
LA VS LA WCF followed by one of the LA teams (likely Lakers obviously) vs Miami would be so amazing for the NBA. People have been waiting for so long for a Lakers vs Clippers series and now with the teams both so talented and at the top of their division it will be badass.

I'd hate for the Lakers/Clippers battle to come in the future WITHOUT Kobe. I want it to be this year or next.

TDownpour
10-28-2012, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

KDthunderup
10-28-2012, 02:31 AM
LA VS LA WCF followed by one of the LA teams (likely Lakers obviously) vs Miami would be so amazing for the NBA. People have been waiting for so long for a Lakers vs Clippers series and now with the teams both so talented and at the top of their division it will be badass.

I'd hate for the Lakers/Clippers battle to come in the future WITHOUT Kobe. I want it to be this year or next.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

GFTO outta here

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 02:34 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

GFTO outta here

I said that's what I want to see and a possibility... what's your problem with that? You honestly believe the Clippers don't have a shot at the WCF?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-28-2012, 02:51 AM

People or clipper fans like u???

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 02:58 AM
People or clipper fans like u???

There is a reason the LA vs LA games break records. Last year for example the the preseason games between the teams broke the all time preseason viewing record. The other games have been some of the most viewed in NBA regular season history. Besides outside of NY now it would be the only potential inner city match up, not to mention both teams are extremely talented and don't like each other on the court. So yes.... I think it would be an EXTREMELY popular series world wide.

flipogb
10-28-2012, 03:05 AM
There is a reason the LA vs LA games break records. Last year for example the the preseason games between the teams broke the all time preseason viewing record. The other games have been some of the most viewed in NBA regular season history. Besides outside of NY now it would be the only potential inner city match up, not to mention both teams are extremely talented and don't like each other on the court. So yes.... I think it would be an EXTREMELY popular series world wide.
I agree, may not be a heated rivalry yet but NY and LA are gonna be fun to watch this year

BlackVVaves
10-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Anyone that proclaims that this trade will help or hurt OKC right now is just talking to talk. This trade can go in either way, and we have no idea how OKC or the players traded will adjust and mesh.

So to say OKC doesn't have a chance is wrong. They might be just as dangerous, maybe even better with some added depth. Or, maybe Kevin Martin doesn't perform well without the ball in his hands so frequently, or OKC misses Harden's playmaking abilities and skill in getting to the rim. Maybe they become even more offensively potent. Or maybe not. Or maybe their thin front line will be problematic down the road.

Way to many questions right now to make a definitive statement. But the fact still remains, OKC is the reigning Western Conference champions, and because of that, and until otherwise proven, remain the favorites in the West to get to the Finals.

DuMa
10-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Lakers still have questionable bench play and old farts on the starting unit that could miss ample time. theyre not a lock at all

alenleomessi
10-28-2012, 05:24 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0111/nba_g_clipheat_576.jpg

All Net
10-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Kevin Martin as 3rd option scoring wise could well be just as dangerous as harden was.

bdreason
10-28-2012, 06:05 AM
The problem is Martin isn't a playmaker, he's a shooter/scorer and OKC liked to put Harden out there to make plays for the 2nd unit.

All Net
10-28-2012, 06:07 AM
The problem is Martin isn't a playmaker, he's a shooter/scorer and OKC liked to put Harden out there to make plays for the 2nd unit.

Yeah, Thunder will miss his playmaking and rebounding. Both areas Martin doesn't bring but let's see if Westbrook and durant keep improving areas of their game.

bdreason
10-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Yeah, Thunder will miss his playmaking and rebounding. Both areas Martin doesn't bring but let's see if Westbrook and durant keep improving areas of their game.

My guess is OKC must be confident in Maynor returning and running the 2nd unit. Maynor has shown flashes of being a very good player in Utah.

Money 23
10-28-2012, 06:36 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0111/nba_g_clipheat_576.jpg
The 2nd pair of guys.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 07:41 AM
My guess is OKC must be confident in Maynor returning and running the 2nd unit. Maynor has shown flashes of being a very good player in Utah.

He hardly played in Utah. Oklahoma is where he showed the most.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 07:48 AM

I think it does. Martian isn't only an inefficent player... but he's also been one of the worst defensive guards in the leauge the past couple of years. I also believe he's way to hot/cold to come off the bench and have the abilty to produce like Manu/Harden. And finally I haven't seen anything from Martian to suggest he has the kind of playmaking abilty that Harden has.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 07:50 AM
He hardly played in Utah. Oklahoma is where he showed the most.
What do you mean "hardly played" he got significant minutes in numerous games which is why people were so pissed when we let him go. When he was on the court he showed great decision making.

All Net
10-28-2012, 07:55 AM
I think it does. Martian isn't only an inefficent player... but he's also been one of the worst defensive guards in the leauge the past couple of years. I also believe he's way to hot/cold to come off the bench and have the abilty to produce like Manu/Harden. And finally I haven't seen anything from Martian to suggest he has the kind of playmaking abilty that Harden has.

Play making will be a issue yes and they will miss his rebounding. They need Maynor as somebody mentioned to handle the ball with that 2nd unit. How good can he be? Will see.

JohnnySic
10-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Boston vs SAS

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Play making will be a issue yes and they will miss his rebounding. They need Maynor as somebody mentioned to handle the ball with that 2nd unit. How good can he be? Will see.
I've always been high on Maynor, but that all depends on how injuries are impacting him. He will give shots to Martin in his spots, but Martin will never be the player Harden was coming off the bench. Not all scorers can be the players that Harden/Manu were playing the 6th man role. There's a difference between what a Jamal Crawford brings in terms of instance offense, and what those two players contribute off the bench.

MaxFly
10-28-2012, 07:58 AM
The Lakers' chances have certainly increased, but I'm interested in how Martin is integrated into that system. He is a deadly scorer, though not the playmaker that Harden is.

Real Men Wear Green
10-28-2012, 08:14 AM
OKC did great on this trade. Kenyon Martin can be a third scorer and Lamb has the potential to be as good as Harden down the ne. Plus they got a first from TO? This deal is amazing, I'd have done it even if Harden was willing to take the 52 (or whatever) mil.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 08:18 AM
I think this also increases the Spurs abilty to make another conference finals run

LoveTheNBA23
10-28-2012, 08:19 AM
ESPN just reported that Maynor is included in the deal and is heading to Houston as well as Cole. No playmaking from the bench.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 08:22 AM
ESPN just reported that Maynor is included in the deal and is heading to Houston as well as Cole. No playmaking from the bench.
Confirmation?

swi7ch
10-28-2012, 08:36 AM

They still have Derek Fisher, right? No worries! :lol

raprap
10-28-2012, 08:49 AM
yes

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 08:53 AM
This trade does not hurt the Thunder at all. The Lakers were already better than the Thunder trade or no trade. LAL MIA finals collision course.

INDI
10-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Yes it does. This is a trade that won't show it's effect in the regular season, the thunder will still finish first or second. The trade helps the thunder on rotation but it takes away a specialty.

Harden is a player that can't be guarded one on one but that opposing teams can't afford to double because of durant. He is possibly a better penetrator than Westbrook because of his passing ability and is an overall handful on equal footing with Manu.

Martin is not a slouch but he does not command extra attention and can be guarded one on one. He is not the penetrator or passer that harden is so this trade at best is going to hinder their scoring ability and drop their team ppg a few points.

This is a move that will be costly and exposed in the playoffs, there is literally only one player that could bring to the table exactly what harden brings and that's Manu

Kurosawa0
10-28-2012, 10:55 AM

I disagree. It wasn't a bad trade exactly. They got back a proven player in Martin, a prospect in Lamb and picks. That's all you can really ask. More really than Orlando got for Howard. The problem is that their main advantage against the Lakers was athleticism on the perimeter and they just weakened that.

KG215
10-28-2012, 11:10 AM
People have been waiting for so long for a Lakers vs Clippers series
Only in your deluded homer mind.

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-28-2012, 11:15 AM

He shoots really well from 3 and gets to the line a lot and converts. How is that inefficient? It's actually a very efficient way to score.

But anyway playmaking for the 2nd unit on OKC is overrated. Not many guys to make plays for. Martin is a bonafide scorer. I would want him making plays for himself, which he's very capable of doing. His health should be a bigger concern than that. He's shown to be somewhat injury prone throughout the years.

BlackVVaves
10-28-2012, 11:30 AM

:biggums:

ImmortalD24
10-28-2012, 11:59 AM
It's going to be LA and Boston again :pimp:

the other LA team
:pimp:

edit: booo

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 12:01 PM
What do you mean "hardly played" he got significant minutes in numerous games which is why people were so pissed when we let him go. When he was on the court he showed great decision making.

By hardly played I meant he was only their for a few months as opposed to a few years with OKC.

This is a move that will be costly and exposed in the playoffs

Assuming he is with them in the playoffs. He's got a big expiring contract. If it's not working he could get dealt.

kennethgriffin
10-28-2012, 12:02 PM
yall dumb if you think OKC will beat LA without having a real play maker on the floor at ANY time now vs LA

harden was their true PG. russell was the SG

Fudge
10-28-2012, 12:07 PM
This.

RaininTwos
10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Only in your deluded homer mind.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I have been waiting for this since 06.

LA Lakers
10-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Now that OKC lost their 3rd scoring option/6th man, who is gonna create when Westbrook plays me first hero ball and the offense gets iso heavy and stagnates? Lakers better come out of the West.

Teanett
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM
you mean lakers vs KNICKS!
:rockon:

Grey Dawn
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Martin is a much more prolific shooting scorer than Harden is. That will have to outweigh the loss in defensive capabilities for the trade to work in OKC's favor.

LA Lakers
10-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Martin "prolific shooting scorer"? You gettin him confused with Carmelo Anthony or something?:biggums:

Grey Dawn
10-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Martin "prolific shooting scorer"? You gettin him confused with Carmelo Anthony or something?:biggums:

The only thing Carmelo is prolific at is being a bitch.

Grey Dawn
10-28-2012, 01:01 PM

Martin has avg'd. close to 30 pts/game a few times...

RRR3
10-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Martin has avg'd. close to 30 pts/game a few times...
His 3 best scoring seasons are 24.6 PPG, 23.7 PPG and 23.5 PPG. That's hardly close to 30 PPG

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:25 PM
His 3 best scoring seasons are 24.6 PPG, 23.7 PPG and 23.5 PPG. That's hardly close to 30 PPG

23 ppg= 30 ppg here well because the 7 ppg is made up by uh............. :biggums:

All Net
10-28-2012, 01:53 PM

Hopefully he means he has has 30 point games quite a few times.

senelcoolidge
10-28-2012, 02:17 PM
LAL might not even make the finals..or WCF's for that matter. But yeah lets say they did make the finals..they would lose.