PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain why Denver is supposed to be so good?

Darius
10-28-2012, 12:27 PM
All the "experts" have this team winning 53-57 games and easily securing home court.

They won the equivalent of 47 last year in a lockout season when depth and youth helped win games.

The only major difference is they went from Affalo and Nene to Iggy and McGee.

That's prob an upgrade but not an enormous one.

They still have no real star to close out games (don't say Gallo) and the western conference is even better this year.

Why is this team supposed to be so good?

Bigsmoke
10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
All the "experts" have this team winning 53-57 games and easily securing home court.

They won the equivalent of 47 last year in a lockout season when depth and youth helped win games.

They still have no real star to close out games (don't say Gallo) and the western conference is even better this year.

I'm not sure if thats even an upgrade.

thats a downgrade

TheMarkMadsen
10-28-2012, 12:32 PM

Good coach who gets the most out of his players.

The improvement of Javale, continuing progression of Lawson, Gallo, Faried.

Legit defensive stopper in AI.

The way they played the Lakers very well in the playoffs..

They have a good mix of talent & a coach who can capitalize on that talent.

roffie
10-28-2012, 12:32 PM
cause george karl is a fkn puppet master

Killbot
10-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Because the Manimal will seek out for more blood. :bowdown:

ZenMaster
10-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Because they play fast and are deep with players who are good at playing fast.

It also works even though it's not a lockout season.

Rekindled
10-28-2012, 12:38 PM
last year they had the best record in the west before their best player(gallo) went down.

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 12:42 PM

You just answered your own question...YOUTH.
Most people simply believe that Denver will be better based on youth progress. They also added Iggy who is clearly superior to Affalo and McGee/Nene is almost a wash to me.

Denver will be really good, plus I expect Lawson to be even better this season.

But like I said, people expect them to be better mostly due to youth development.

Bigsmoke
10-28-2012, 12:44 PM
last year they had the best record in the west before their best player(gallo) went down.

they had a 15-10 record before got hurt.

stop trying to make up shit.

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 12:46 PM

They had the best record last year in the west?
I must have missed it...

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 12:49 PM
they had a 15-10 record before got hurt.

stop trying to make up shit.

Lmao busted! So many posters exaggerate and make up shit.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Basically they traded Affalo, Harrington and Nene for Iggy and McGee.. to me that's a pretty neutral move, maybe get SLIGHTLY better but Nene is much better than McGee so probably not. Yet all of these "analysts" have Denver as high as the 1 seed in the west and consistently 3 seed? Doesn't even make sense. Although I'd be okay with them getting a 3 seed, Clippers 6 and wiping the floor with Denver to prove a point.

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Basically they traded Affalo, Harrington and Nene for Iggy and McGee.. to me that's a pretty neutral move, maybe get SLIGHTLY better but Nene is much better than McGee so probably not. Yet all of these "analysts" have Denver as high as the 1 seed in the west and consistently 3 seed? Doesn't even make sense. Although I'd be okay with them getting a 3 seed, Clippers 6 and wiping the floor with Denver to prove a point.

God you are such a damn homer man.
It's funny how you can spew shit about your team progressing (via youth development) and building chemistry, but Denver can't?

Second off, Nene is not much better then McGee, where the hell did that come from? McGee and Nene is pretty much a wash to me.

Second off, I wouldn't be so confidant about "wiping the floor" with that Denver squad...heck, as a Laker fan, I wouldn't even say that.

I respect Lawson's game too much for that non-sense, and a guy like Iggy (one of the best defensive guards in the entire league) plus Gallo, McGee, Chandler...this team is very deep, very athletic, very fast, very well coached and very very fast (second emphasis here LOL).

I think the Clippers are better due to more star power (Paul being a top four player in this league plus Griffin being better then anyone on Denver) but I'd fear Denver a lot this season if I were you.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Nene is not much better than McGee. He wasn't even better than McGee last year. Nene has never put it all together. His defense is good, but his rebounding usually is not. He's Brazilian so I want him to do well.

McGee was doing a lot of things well before the trade. And he's got the much higher ceiling. He hasn't been a bonehead at all since moving to Denver. His defense and rebounding are miles ahead and he's going to play C (Nene moved to PF last year).

I expect Nene to have a great year this year. I expect McGee to as well.

And there's little reason to believe that Nene would be as good for Denver this year as McGee will. Nene coasted too much. Washington is the challenge for him, assuming he hasn't lost the bite I saw when he was traded.

GOBB
10-28-2012, 01:05 PM

How much money did Denver save trading away Nene for McGee?

Iggy > Affalo and Harrington. How so? He is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. So he's going to guard the best perimeter scorer for your team. Iggy is great in transition and pushing the ball on a team of young, athletic players. Iggy is a facilitator, so he'll get guys good looks to score because he doesnt care to score.

The wildcard here is McGee. Has he improved as a player like Nuggets fan say he has when he was dealt there or does he show us he is the same ole dumb ass that he is? If he could play like a Tyson Chandler (i said like not exactly like him) then he'll be good to go I think.

I'm not onboard with the predictions this team is a top 3 seed. Should win close to 60gms. But they are better imo roster wise than last season.

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 01:08 PM
LOL at you defending Denver being ranked 1-3 by so many analysts. I'm all for giving Denver credit but to go from 6 seed and having them leapfrog all the teams in the west is so damn laughable. You saying Nene isn't much better than McGee isn't true at all. Nene is a very good all around center and when healthy he's top 5-7 ish. McGee is nowhere near that, stop basing it on McGee killing the Lakers in the playoffs and judge the whole body of work.

McGee is so good that George Karl won't even name him the undisputed main center on the team :confusedshrug: . I'm a homer sure but I'm just annoyed at the Denver hype train this summer when they haven't proven dick. I'm not saying Clippers proved much either which is why I think Clippers are a 3 seed at best this year, 4-5 a possiblity.

I'd never look at this roster on paper and declare the Clippers the top seed in the west, despite being more talented than Denver. So maybe these analysts plus Nuggets fans that agree are bigger homers than me.

Sounds like you're a little butt hurt that not as many people consider the Clippers 1-3 seed out west?
It seems like you have problems dealing with another relatively young team getting more spotlight then your Clippers.

Nene is a well-rounded center? :roll:
Guy is a mediocre rebounder at best, and a terrible defender. He doesn't block shots either. McGee is no where near as polished as Nene offensively, but is a far better shot blocker and rebounder. He is also more athletic, and has actually been pretty efficient scoring despite having limited offensive skills. But I think Denver needs a center who can actually rebound the ball and block shots then a center who can literally only score on the floor, and do very little in other key facets of the game.

I will not comment on what other analysts say, the few previews I've read had SA, Clippers, Lakers and Thunder above Denver. Maybe you have selected memory and over-exaggerate the amount of praise Denver is receiving probably because a couple of writers picked Denver over the Clippers. :roll:

Chill out man, damn.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Nene is not much better than McGee. He wasn't not even better than McGee last year. Nene has never put it all together. His defense is good, but his rebounding usually is not. He's Brazilian so I want him to do well.

McGee was doing a lot of things well before the trade. And he's got the much higher ceiling. He hasn't been a bonehead at all since moving to Denver. His defense and rebounding are miles ahead and he's going to play C (Nene moved to PF last year).

I expect Nene to have a great year this year. I expect McGee to as well.

And there's little reason to believe that Nene would be as good for Denver this year as McGee will. Nene coasted too much. Washington is the challenge for him, assuming he hasn't lost the bite I saw when he was traded.

McGee is a better shotblocker and a HORRENDOUS defender. Nene is easily a better all around defender :biggums: . Nene is actually an elite post defender and I have the numbers to back it up. Neither have been huge minute players but let's look at their PER 36 even last year in Nene's supposed worst year.

Nene: 20.2 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.6 bpg.

McGee: 18 ppg, 10 rpg, .5 apg,
2.7 bpg.

Now we look at them defensively per Synergy Sports.

Nene is ranked the 9th overall defender in the NBA, 5th overall post defender in the NBA. McGee is ranked 449th in the NBA (near dead last) in overall defense and 211th in post defense. As I said McGee is a good shotblocker and a terrible defender in general. Nene has always been known as a great interior defender and good all around defender.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:13 PM
How much money did Denver save trading away Nene for McGee?

Iggy > Affalo and Harrington. How so? He is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. So he's going to guard the best perimeter scorer for your team. Iggy is great in transition and pushing the ball on a team of young, athletic players. Iggy is a facilitator, so he'll get guys good looks to score because he doesnt care to score.

The wildcard here is McGee. Has he improved as a player like Nuggets fan say he has when he was dealt there or does he show us he is the same ole dumb ass that he is? If he could play like a Tyson Chandler (i said like not exactly like him) then he'll be good to go I think.

I'm not onboard with the predictions this team is a top 3 seed. Should win close to 60gms. But they are better imo roster wise than last season.

Good post. I absolute agree Iggy>Harrington+Afflalo. Nene>McGee though. Nene is a better scorer, passer and defender and rebound rate wise not much worse than McGee. So outside of a small rebounding edge McGee wins nothing.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Clippersfan clearly doesn't understand why a team can make a massive jump by addressing their biggest issue last season (Perimeter defense imo) by adding Iggy one of the best if not the best perimiter defender in the leauge.

Avvie bet, Denver has a higher seed than the Clippers, and goes farther in the playoffs.

And If it makes you feel better Hollinger predicted Denver finishes 2nd in the conference and 1st in the NW.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Clippersfan clearly doesn't understand why a team can make a massive jump by addressing their biggest issue last season (Perimeter defense imo) by adding Iggy one of the best if not the best perimiter defender in the leauge.

Avvie bet, Denver has a higher seed than the Clippers, and goes farther in the playoffs.

3 month avy bet, you down? BTW I know Iggy made them better... but it didn't make them 3-6 seeds better especially when you consider the teams above them all improved as well and Nene>>McGee.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
3 month avy bet, you down?

Of course. There's a reason Denver made my league pass 5 teams for the season, and not the clippers.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 01:41 PM
3 month avy bet, you down? BTW I know Iggy made them better... but it didn't make them 3-6 seeds better especially when you consider the teams above them all improved as well and Nene>>McGee.
McGee isn't even starting.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Of course. There's a reason Denver made my league pass 5 teams for the season, and not the clippers.

Okay. So this is a combo bet? If one of these things doesn't happen then what? Let's say Nuggets get better seed, Clippers go further in playoffs?

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:43 PM
McGee isn't even starting.

and Nene started years for Karl. Goes to show the difference.

swi7ch
10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
McGee is the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain. Expect 30 and 20 and 5 very very soon.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Having a backup center like Javal isn't a bad thing for a teams bench. Especilly if he starts to understand when to make the moves Hakeem taught him in real time situations.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Okay. So this is a combo bet? If one of these things doesn't happen then what? Let's say Nuggets get better seed, Clippers go further in playoffs?
If the Nuggets/Clippers get a higher seed, then that avvie bet is for the duration of the playoffs regardless of who gets eliminated. The one about going further in the playoffs is the 3 month one.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Having a backup center like Javal isn't a bad thing for a teams bench. Especilly if he starts to understand when to make the moves Hakeem taught him in real time situations.

I'm not saying it's bad. Just saying George is a great coach and if McGee was clearly better than Mozgov and Kosta Koufas he would be starting like Nene did for years.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 01:47 PM
If the Nuggets/Clippers get a higher seed, then that avvie bet is for the duration of the playoffs regardless of who gets eliminated. The one about going further in the playoffs is the 3 month one.

Good deal, I'll take it. So basically whoever wins seeding bet= 1 month... and whoever goes further in playoffs= 3 month. Bookmark the thread :cheers:

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Good deal, I'll take it. So basically whoever wins seeding bet= 1 month... and whoever goes further in playoffs= 3 month. Bookmark the thread :cheers:
:rockon:

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 02:08 PM
McGee is a better shotblocker and a HORRENDOUS defender. Nene is easily a better all around defender :biggums: . Nene is actually an elite post defender and I have the numbers to back it up. Neither have been huge minute players but let's look at their PER 36 even last year in Nene's supposed worst year.

Nene: 20.2 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.6 bpg.

McGee: 18 ppg, 10 rpg, .5 apg,
2.7 bpg.

Now we look at them defensively per Synergy Sports.

Nene is ranked the 9th overall defender in the NBA, 5th overall post defender in the NBA. McGee is ranked 449th in the NBA (near dead last) in overall defense and 211th in post defense. As I said McGee is a good shotblocker and a terrible defender in general. Nene has always been known as a great interior defender and good all around defender.

McGee is a horrendous defender? :oldlol: No he isn't. I don't care what the stats say. Nene is a very good post defender, I agree. I don't know if he's elite, but he's very good. But he's not as good an overall defender as McGee. Washington was a team of bums and that guy was one of the few to try and play any defense. Synergy won't show that.

He made plenty of dumb plays on defense, but he always played defense. His man defense is terrific and he's an elite shot-blocker.

Also, your stats are based on 11 games that Nene played in Washington. In Denver (per36):

16.4PPG, 9.1RPG, 2.7APG, 1.1BPG, 1.6SPG

So that's not an accurate reflection. Nene coasted for most of his time in Denver. And last year is far from his worst season; it's the best he played for Denver outside of the prior season.

Don't forget, Nene played PF last year. McGee is going to play center. He might not even start the season (which I think is pretty stupid) but it's likely he will be starting by the end. And if he's not, then he'll be cultivated to start by next year. They're not paying him that money for nothing.

Their team is much better than it was last year. Lawson and Gallinari should be on the up and they have stupid depth. Iguodala could also end up being their best player this year.

And consider that McGee will likely replace Mozgov in the starting lineup (improvement), Mozgov adds to the bench (improvement), and Manimal is now starting (improvement over Nene, watch). They lose Harrington and I think that could hurt. But Randolph has always put up good stats and has shown good signs. Playing the 6th man PF behind an energy guy, on a team that runs...plus then you have Chandler and Brewer and maybe Hamilton gets some burn this year...they're fast and they run, and they're actually big as hell.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 02:11 PM
McGee is a horrendous defender? :oldlol: No he isn't. I don't care what the stats say. Nene is a very good post defender, I agree. I don't know if he's elite, but he's very good. But he's not as good an overall defender as McGee. Washington was a team of bums and that guy was one of the few to try and play any defense. Synergy won't show that.

He made plenty of dumb plays on defense, but he always played defense. His man defense is terrific and he's an elite shot-blocker.

Also, your stats are based on 11 games that Nene played in Washington. In Denver (per36):

16.4PPG, 9.1RPG, 2.7APG, 1.1BPG, 1.6SPG

So that's not an accurate reflection. Nene coasted for most of his time in Denver. And last year is far from his worst season; it's the best he played for Denver outside of the prior season.

Don't forget, Nene played PF last year. McGee is going to play center. He might not even start the season (which I think is pretty stupid) but it's likely he will be starting by the end. And if he's not, then he'll be cultivated to start by next year. They're not paying him that money for nothing.

Their team is much better than it was last year. Lawson and Gallinari should be on the up and they have stupid depth. Iguodala could also end up being their best player this year.

And consider that McGee will likely replace Mozgov in the starting lineup (improvement), Mozgov adds to the bench (improvement), and Manimal is now starting (improvement over Nene, watch). They lose Harrington and I think that could hurt. But Randolph has always put up good stats and has shown good signs. Playing the 6th man PF behind an energy guy, on a team that runs...plus then you have Chandler and Brewer and maybe Hamilton gets some burn this year...they're fast and they run, and they're actually big as hell.

Sure Denver is better, I said that. Issue is the people like yourself talking about how much better Denver got aren't acknowledging how much better the teams above them got. I feel the Clippers improved a ton too obviously and just adding healthy Billups back will make a big difference. So will the improvements of Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe which all look substantially improved this preseason (more so than Gallo and Lawson).

As for McGee.... the numbers don't lie about his defense bro. Players regularly take a crap on him, Nene on the other hand holds opposing bigs well below their averages.

senelcoolidge
10-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Nuggets have depth and talent..but like last year's team no closer..no star. That won't do you much good at the end.

RRR3
10-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Ty Lawson is their best player

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Sure Denver is better, I said that. Issue is the people like yourself talking about how much better Denver got aren't acknowledging how much better the teams above them got. I feel the Clippers improved a ton too obviously and just adding healthy Billups back will make a big difference. So will the improvements of Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe which all look substantially improved this preseason (more so than Gallo and Lawson).

As for McGee.... the numbers don't lie about his defense bro. Players regularly take a crap on him, Nene on the other hand holds opposing bigs well below their averages.

It's funny seeing you get agitated about something you yourself do every day here (regarding the Clippers). :lol

All Net
10-28-2012, 02:56 PM
They are deep as hell with plenty of high flyers which works great for the regular season.

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Ty Lawson is their best player
It'll be interesting to see who's their best player this season between Lawson, Iggy and Gallo.

RRR3
10-28-2012, 02:58 PM
It'll be interesting to see who's their best player this season between Lawson, Iggy and Gallo.
If Iggy can get back to scoring 17-20 PPG then it may be him. Lawson is a stud though. Not as high on Gallo.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 03:12 PM

I'm not even talking them up, I'm just answering the question and responding to what you said.

Again, McGee is a much better defender than that. He showed a lot last year in Denver. His improvement is immediate.

With that thundering Thunder move, I think the Clippers are pushing for a 2nd seed.

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm not even talking them up, I'm just answering the question and responding to what you said.

Again, McGee is a much better defender than that. He showed a lot last year in Denver. His improvement is immediate.

With that thundering Thunder move, I think the Clippers are pushing for a 2nd seed.

Fair enough. I agree McGee isn't near league worst (what numbers suggest) but he's also nowhere near as good as people think defensively (same goes for my boy DeAndre).

no pun intended
10-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Remember that they were the #1 offensive team last year. With Iggy, they improve much better defensively as offensively.

rhythmic
10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Remember that they were the #1 offensive team last year. With Iggy, they improve much better defensively as offensively.

Damn, for some reason I thought the Spurs were.
Impressive stat, didn't know Nuggets were that good offensively...

Clippersfan86
10-28-2012, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Dr. Cheesesteak
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Honestly, I was w/ OP at the early stages of post-Iggy trade. I thought Denver is still a #6 seed at best, possibly not even in the playoffs! Then I started hearing some hype from ESPN and other sites a few weeks back. So I did some research. And it all makes sense now (besides ESPN Mag's #1 seed prediction).

Everyone here seems to think its as simple as just Iggy + McGee vs Afflalo + Nene. I honestly think Iggy + McGee are a better combo for that team than who they replaced.

But, also have to consider - Ty Lawson is expected to reach near-star, if not star status this year. Mozgov and Koufos are expected to complete the best C rotation in the league along w/ McGee. CBrewer is expected to have a breakout year off the bench. Faried now has a year under his belt and should only get better. They're getting WChandler back. A lot of small things like this that add to this team's roster and play style just make it more and more sexy, if you know what to expect. But that's the thing, a lot of expectations for a young, deep team that almost knocked out the Lakers in the playoffs. It's hype, definitely, but doesn't mean it isn't deserved.

So I understand now why there is so much hype. #1 seed in West type of hype? I don't think so. Top 4 seed and possible Finals appearance type of hype? I don't see why not. West is fairly open this year, imo, depending on playoff match ups.

also...

cause george karl is a fkn puppet master

With Iggy, they improve much better defensively as offensively.
that too.

IGotACoolStory
10-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Probably meant #1 in PPG, which Denver was.

But Spurs led or were top 3 in virtually every important offensive category last season. They clearly had the best offensive team.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Fair enough. I agree McGee isn't near league worst (what numbers suggest) but he's also nowhere near as good as people think defensively (same goes for my boy DeAndre).

Both have a lot of potential. With Karl coaching, McGee is gonna be a great defender.

The one advantage I gave to Jordan over McGee is that Jordan might be closer to an anchor. Not necessarily an anchor, but a guy who can zone under the rim a bit more. McGee is more of a man defender. So even if he reaches his potential, that transcendent kind of defensive play may or may not be something he has.

Notorious D.M.C
10-28-2012, 05:39 PM
they have a very deep team.

kurple
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm not saying it's bad. Just saying George is a great coach and if McGee was clearly better than Mozgov and Kosta Koufas he would be starting like Nene did for years.
that's not how GK does things..

he wants mcgee to play with Dre. and he's always been a fans of having a great bench. + koufos is pretty damn good.

Nene is better than McGee and any nuggets center. but i like the center rotation more now than i did right before the nene trade

kurple
10-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Honestly, I was w/ OP at the early stages of post-Iggy trade. I thought Denver is still a #6 seed at best, possibly not even in the playoffs! Then I started hearing some hype from ESPN and other sites a few weeks back. So I did some research. And it all makes sense now (besides ESPN Mag's #1 seed prediction).

Everyone here seems to think its as simple as just Iggy + McGee vs Afflalo + Nene. I honestly think Iggy + McGee are a better combo for that team than who they replaced.

But, also have to consider - Ty Lawson is expected to reach near-star, if not star status this year. Mozgov and Koufos are expected to complete the best C rotation in the league along w/ McGee. CBrewer is expected to have a breakout year off the bench. Faried now has a year under his belt and should only get better. They're getting WChandler back. A lot of small things like this that add to this team's roster and play style just make it more and more sexy, if you know what to expect. But that's the thing, a lot of expectations for a young, deep team that almost knocked out the Lakers in the playoffs. It's hype, definitely, but doesn't mean it isn't deserved.

So I understand now why there is so much hype. #1 seed in West type of hype? I don't think so. Top 4 seed and possible Finals appearance type of hype? I don't see why not. West is fairly open this year, imo, depending on playoff match ups.

also...

that too.
spot on

Darius
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Eh... some interesting explanations but nothing that makes me believe in a 8-12 game bump for them.

That's like Miami after they got LBJ bump.

Faried/Koufos/McGee/Lawson should be a bit better, I agree... but these aren't all-star level guys that are going to significantly alter their games in one off-season.

They're best player (Iggy) is probably the 3rd best player on a Championship team...

Shrug. They are a good team but I still don't think they are better than Lakers/OKC/Spurs/Memphis/Clippers.

And what's this with GK being a great coach now?

DuMa
10-28-2012, 09:58 PM
I believe Gallo will make that next jump soon. He is their best shot maker and should get the most of their touches down the stretch in a close game. He did drop off horribly last year in terms of shooting but i'm just gonna assume the lockout schedule played a big part in that. if you look at the makeup of the team as a whole, they really lack some shooting reputation. Gallo is the biggest reason whether if Denver succeeds or not. They need the spacing to open up the lanes for lob plays and drives from Lawson and Iggy.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2012, 12:04 AM

Karl does this all the time. D.Jones started for Denver, Anthony Carter etc. McGee comes off the bench because 1) Andre Miller and him have pretty good chemistry. Dre will look to lob it to him atleast once a game probably. Gives us some scoring\rebounding off the bench. Koufus will defend, rebound, finish garbage buckets and act less like an idiot than McGee. Actually kinda reminds me of always keeping J.R on the bench. Obviously not as crazy of a shotjacker but let's McGee do his thing off the bench + the Miller connection.

Not saying I agree with it, just it obviously goes beyond McGee not winning out the starting spot.

As for all you're comments about Nene, I would agree. He's extremely talented. Well rounded. Problem is he's unaggressive and can be really passive and happy just being you're average player. Throw in he's inconsistent and can't stay healthy? Having McGee is a much better option for Denver.

I personally disagree with all the hype. Denver IMO isn't finishing first overall or 2nd place. I think they can put up a fight for home court and battle it out with the Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies etc. and at the end of the day health will probably be a big deciding factor. I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 4th overall, just like I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 6th. Lakers\OKC in their own tier Spurs\Clippers\Nuggets\Grizz make up the next.

The hype is understandable tho, kinda. Denver gave up the most 3 pointers in the entire league. We got killed on the perimiter. Iggy is literally the best upgrade you could ask for in that aspect. People need to realize Lawson came off the bench for a year and a half too. He's had the keys for 92 regular season games, yes only 92 regular season games. Faried was a rookie last year. McGee is raw, Gallo is coming along. Denver's a team that will be better this year simply because their guy's got a year older. Throw in Iggy and it's understandable why people include them in the same tier as the Clippers who only won 2 more games than them last year. Sure they improved just like Denver as did alot of other teams, but I don't think anybody besides L.A improved enough to jump into that elite level of the West.

Oh and I think you could count Wilson Chandler as an addition along with Iggy this season.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Eh... some interesting explanations but nothing that makes me believe in a 8-12 game bump for them.

That's like Miami after they got LBJ bump.

Faried/Koufos/McGee/Lawson should be a bit better, I agree... but these aren't all-star level guys that are going to significantly alter their games in one off-season.

They're best player (Iggy) is probably the 3rd best player on a Championship team...

Shrug. They are a good team but I still don't think they are better than Lakers/OKC/Spurs/Memphis/Clippers.

And what's this with GK being a great coach now?

Lawson went from a bench player to averaging 16\7\4 on really good efficiency last year. He averaged 17\7\4 on 50% from the floor and 40% from deep post All-Star. Carried that into the playoffs to put up 19\6\3.

Guy's might not be All-Stars but they will put up fringe All-Star seasons. A guy like Faried probably grabs 10 boards this year. Gallo's made of glass but before he went down last year he was putting up like 18 a game. Him averaging 15-18 points this year isn't crazy, well him being healthy might be.

It's unfair people just go well they aren't superstar so they can't really get that much better to make a change. Just because none of them will probably be an All-NBA player doesn't mean a guy like Lawson can't go from a solid season to a player who actually gets serious All-Star consideration and if that happens it'll be a pretty big difference maker, esp for a team like Denver.

At the end of the year I don't think people call Iggy the best player on the team. Just my opinion but I think he'll end up being just another guy that played his role. I can see Lawson being considered better by the majority or maybe even a guy like Gallo if he stays healthy, which is unlikely.

Whoah10115
10-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Gallinari has to shoot better. That and stay healthy. That's where his improvement needs to come from.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Karl does this all the time. D.Jones started for Denver, Anthony Carter etc. McGee comes off the bench because 1) Andre Miller and him have pretty good chemistry. Dre will look to lob it to him atleast once a game probably. Gives us some scoring\rebounding off the bench. Koufus will defend, rebound, finish garbage buckets and act less like an idiot than McGee. Actually kinda reminds me of always keeping J.R on the bench. Obviously not as crazy of a shotjacker but let's McGee do his thing off the bench + the Miller connection.

Not saying I agree with it, just it obviously goes beyond McGee not winning out the starting spot.

As for all you're comments about Nene, I would agree. He's extremely talented. Well rounded. Problem is he's unaggressive and can be really passive and happy just being you're average player. Throw in he's inconsistent and can't stay healthy? Having McGee is a much better option for Denver.

I personally disagree with all the hype. Denver IMO isn't finishing first overall or 2nd place. I think they can put up a fight for home court and battle it out with the Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies etc. and at the end of the day health will probably be a big deciding factor. I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 4th overall, just like I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 6th. Lakers\OKC in their own tier Spurs\Clippers\Nuggets\Grizz make up the next.

The hype is understandable tho, kinda. Denver gave up the most 3 pointers in the entire league. We got killed on the perimiter. Iggy is literally the best upgrade you could ask for in that aspect. People need to realize Lawson came off the bench for a year and a half too. He's had the keys for 92 regular season games, yes only 92 regular season games. Faried was a rookie last year. McGee is raw, Gallo is coming along. Denver's a team that will be better this year simply because their guy's got a year older. Throw in Iggy and it's understandable why people include them in the same tier as the Clippers who only won 2 more games than them last year. Sure they improved just like Denver as did alot of other teams, but I don't think anybody besides L.A improved enough to jump into that elite level of the West.

Oh and I think you could count Wilson Chandler as an addition along with Iggy this season.

Your realistic predictions don't surprise me considering you're the most logical Nuggets fan on this board. I've said all along Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies and Nuggets will all be in a dog fight for 3-6.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Your realistic predictions don't surprise me considering you're the most logical Nuggets fan on this board. I've said all along Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies and Nuggets will all be in a dog fight for 3-6.

West is crazy. If a team like the Grizzlies or even the Nuggets fell out abit and a team like Dallas or a healthy Minny made a run I wouldn't be shocked. Health obviously plays a huge factor. Now that I think about it a team like Minnesota is probably outty for making a run at the top 6 with K.Love out for the first month.

Either way I bet the games won inbetween 3-6 probably isn't large. Maybe one team gets some space but probably within that 5 game mark. If everyone stays somewhat healthy, chances are one of the Clippers\Nuggets\Spurs\Grizz gets alot more banged up than the others.

Whoah10115
10-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I have concerns over the Grizzlies. Rudy Gay better get it together with Zach Randolph. I trust Mike Conley and Marc Gasol (my two favorite players on the team), but these two have to get it together.

Maybe Bayless is strong off the bench. I hope so. I like them. But unless Gay and Randolph have been worked out right (most of it is on Gay, I feel) then I don't think they'll be above a 6th seed.

And I would not be surprised if OKC dropped out of the top 4. Not predicting that tho.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2012, 12:55 AM
I think the Thunder\Lakers take 1-2 pretty easy. Spurs could steal a spot because well their the Spurs and you can't really count them out of it, they've earned that much. Wouldn't predict them to do it but similar to the rest of the West really wouldn't shock me.

Who knows maybe L.A has chemistry issues early on and takes awhile to get going and the Harden trade has more of a negative impact than anticipated and at the end of the year things really got shook up :oldlol:

Playoff wise those two are in their own tier 100% IMO.

Clippersfan86
10-29-2012, 12:57 AM
West is crazy. If a team like the Grizzlies or even the Nuggets fell out abit and a team like Dallas or a healthy Minny made a run I wouldn't be shocked. Health obviously plays a huge factor. Now that I think about it a team like Minnesota is probably outty for making a run at the top 6 with K.Love out for the first month.

Either way I bet the games won inbetween 3-6 probably isn't large. Maybe one team gets some space but probably within that 5 game mark. If everyone stays somewhat healthy, chances are one of the Clippers\Nuggets\Spurs\Grizz gets alot more banged up than the others.

I agree win/loss difference between each team will likely be 1 game or even a tie breaker with tied record.

Whoah10115
10-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Assuming Ginobili doesn't break his hand again, I think the Spurs are going to be very dangerous.

NugzFan
10-29-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm not sure if thats even an upgrade.

thats a downgrade

:wtf:

figured your whiny insecure ass would pop in here.

who the **** has us top 3 besides espn the mag, which most nugget fans dont agree with. its pathetic how sad you get when another team gets "props" over your beloved clippers.

consistently 3 seed? :facepalm you are just looking for reasons to bitch and bring the clippers into any conversation.

NugzFan
10-29-2012, 04:04 AM
LOL at you defending Denver being ranked 1-3 by so many analysts. I'm all for giving Denver credit but to go from 6 seed and having them leapfrog all the teams in the west is so damn laughable. You saying Nene isn't much better than McGee isn't true at all. Nene is a very good all around center and when healthy he's top 5-7 ish. McGee is nowhere near that, stop basing it on McGee killing the Lakers in the playoffs and judge the whole body of work.

McGee is so good that George Karl won't even name him the undisputed main center on the team :confusedshrug: . I'm a homer sure but I'm just annoyed at the Denver hype train this summer when they haven't proven dick. I'm not saying Clippers proved much either which is why I think Clippers are a 3 seed at best this year, 4-5 a possiblity.

I'd never look at this roster on paper and declare the Clippers the top seed in the west, despite being more talented than Denver. So maybe these analysts plus Nuggets fans that agree are bigger homers than me.

dont even start to call denver fans homers compared to you. find ONE nugget fan having denver top 3. you are a bigger homer than the entire board combined and you have 0 credibility on anything outside of the clippers. everyone here knows you are a joke and just a big ****ing homer. :oldlol:

nugget fans arent claiming anything but a couple publications have us higher than the clips are you start crying like a bitch. thats your true colors right there.

NugzFan
10-29-2012, 04:07 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Denver has great athleticism, with a coach like George Karl it is by far the most unpredictable team in the league. They can beat anyone if playing at their best level.

Yung D-Will
04-21-2013, 12:05 PM
So denver had a better record, just wanted to confirm that i was right and won the bet

chazzy
04-21-2013, 12:07 PM
So denver had a better record, just wanted to confirm that i was right and won the bet
He's permabanned, this is equivalent to spitting on his grave :oldlol:

Yung D-Will
04-21-2013, 12:26 PM
He's permabanned, this is equivalent to spitting on his grave :oldlol:
Damn haven't been on the internet in a while,what did he do ? :lol

b0bab0i
04-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Damn haven't been on the internet in a while,what did he do ? :lol
Raged and posted bunch of NSFW pics.

Darius
04-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Denver sure proved me wrong.

I still don't understand how they are as good as they are. Guess Karl was a better coach than I thought.

SpecialQue
04-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Damn those experts!!!

It's interesting that two threads hating on the Nuggets being overrated were started by Clipper fans. I had no idea there was any bad blood between these fanbases.