PDA

View Full Version : Thunder are now looking to trade Houston assets for a big man

28renyoy
10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
at least that is what is being reported. Interesting, looks like they will end up with Lamb and an Al Jefferson type player for Harden and Perkins

IGOTGAME
10-28-2012, 03:49 PM
at least that is what is being reported. Interesting, looks like they will end up with Lamb and an Al Jefferson type player for Harden and Perkins

why didn't they trade Harden for a big man?

Hope they don't get Josh Smith,

ZenMaster
10-28-2012, 03:50 PM
How many Al Jefferson type players are there except Al Jefferson?

2LeTTeRS
10-28-2012, 03:53 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The only other big that fits that description may be Lamarcus Aldridge, and I think it would take a lot more than Perk and picks to get either of those guys.

28renyoy
10-28-2012, 03:53 PM

I'm referring to a low post, score first center.

ZenMaster
10-28-2012, 04:01 PM

As was a I, a back to the basket offensive player at a reasonable contract, how many of them are there except him?

HylianNightmare
10-28-2012, 04:03 PM

and how many of those are there in the league to be had?

UtahJazzFan88
Jazz will take Lamb + Toronto First Round pick for Jefferson.

Rubio2Gasol
Please Please not Motiejuanas.

SyRyanYang
10-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Lopez? He's as overpaid as harden was going to be.
Marc Gasol?
Roy Hibbert?
I can't think many honestly

qrich
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Kaman :bowdown:

KyrieTheFuture
10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't understand why they wouldn't trade Harden for a Center

28renyoy
10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
As was a I, a back to the basket offensive player at a reasonable contract, how many of them are there except him?

Early reports from the Thunder insider is that they are looking at Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, or possibly Bynum.

Trying to trade the 2 1st rounders, PJIII, Martin, and Perkins. I kind of hope they hold onto the Toronto pick, that's a guaranteed top 4-8 pick this year. The pick is top 3 protected this year and then top 2 protected next year so...They could land someone like Nerlens Noel, Cody Zeller, or James McAdoo which would be huge.

ZenMaster
10-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Early reports from the Thunder insider is that they are looking at Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, or possibly Bynum.

Trying to trade the 2 1st rounders, PJIII, Martin, and Perkins. I kind of hope they hold onto the Toronto pick, that's a guaranteed top 4-8 pick this year.

Interesting, if it's Josh Smith they'd be playing Ibaka at center, kinda short but their lineup would outrun everyone though.

I disagree on the Toronto pick, I think they'll suprise you if that's your prediction.

red1
10-28-2012, 04:14 PM

Trying to trade the 2 1st rounders, PJIII, Martin, and Perkins. I kind of hope they hold onto the Toronto pick, that's a guaranteed top 4-8 pick this year. The pick is top 3 protected this year and then top 2 protected next year so...They could land someone like Nerlens Noel, Cody Zeller, or James McAdoo which would be huge.
Not even close. Trading the pick will provide okc the most benefit

tikay0
10-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Thunder were dumb for letting Nazr go. He's been such a stud for the Bulls in the pre season.

ZenMaster
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Thunder were dumb for letting Nazr go. He's been such a stud for the Bulls in the pre season.

It always sucks when you lose veterans who do well for other team in the pre-season.

Rekindled
10-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Ibaka + pick for Aldridge??

Yung D-Will
10-28-2012, 04:29 PM
That Toronto pick is intriguing

ZenMaster
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
That Toronto pick is intriguing

Are people projecting them to be that bad? They won just over 33% of their games last year and that was with Barganini being hurt a lot. This year they've added Lowry, a rookie in Terrence Ross who might be good or not so good, Valanciunas who's the same as Ross, and they have a few young bigs who might have a small break out. They'll also be in the 2nd year with their coach.

I don't see them being any worse than last year and all signs point to quite a bit better.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 04:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The only other big that fits that description may be Lamarcus Aldridge, and I think it would take a lot more than Perk and picks to get either of those guys.

If Jefferson was like Aldridge I'd probably be on the bench/dump Millsap bandwagon!

15 mill a year is now reasonable?

Jazz will take Lamb + Toronto First Round pick for Jefferson.

Contracts have to match-up. Jazz need a young pg and a veteran center not another young wing unless his better than what they already have.

Get some other teams involved and the Jazz will take the picks. Wait til the trade deadline and they might take Martin. Jazz new GM and Presti I can definitely see talking with their SA connection.

It always sucks when you lose veterans who do well for other team in the pre-season.

I'm sure the Celts are still kicking themselves with the clutch pre-season Hollins has had.

BlackVVaves
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Being reported where? Sources?

TheMarkMadsen
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM

I've got sources coming out of my ass saying OKC has agreed in principle to send Perkins & Toronto's 1st rounder to Utah for Al Jefferson.

The Jazz would then amnesty perkins & be relieved of Jefferson's cap while adding a potential lottery pick to the team.

This will also clear up space for Kanter & Favors to develop. Jazz are high on those two

Nothing is official yet. Just reports

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 05:03 PM

His ass

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 05:03 PM
I've got sources coming out of my ass saying OKC has agreed in principle to send Perkins & Toronto's 1st rounder to Utah for Al Jefferson.

The Jazz would then amnesty perkins & be relieved of Jefferson's cap while adding a potential lottery pick to the team.

This will also clear up space for Kanter & Favors to develop. Jazz are high on those two

Amnesty period is over and the Jazz won't use it anyway(as the Raja Bell scenario shows). Can't see them taking on Perkins contract.

qrich
10-28-2012, 05:07 PM

Can't amnesty a player you traded for IIRC.

El Kabong
10-28-2012, 05:16 PM

Salaries don't work. Martin would have to be included in any deal for Jefferson, unless OKC want to add Maynor or Thabo to the deal, but then the Jazz don't have an open roster spot to accept a 2nd player.

hawkfan
10-28-2012, 05:17 PM
The person who would be perfect for the Thunder and fits in cap wise is Kris Humphries, but I doubt the Nyets will trade him, and I doubt the Thunder want his drama in OKC (although that seems to have died down by now).

BlackVVaves
10-28-2012, 05:18 PM

:roll: :applause:

All Net
10-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Whos saying this then?

Fiasco
10-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Toronto is not going to be in the lottery this year. Valanciunas, healthy Bargs, and Lowry will make sure of that.

Rekindled
10-28-2012, 05:29 PM
really? who are they makin the playoffs over

IGotACoolStory
10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Toronto is better, and they also play in the best division in the Eastern Conference (all of the NBA?).

They aren't making the playoffs this year unless you expect NY or Brooklyn to implode or Boston or Philly to take a decent step back.

Or do you think the entire division will be in the playoffs?

BlackVVaves
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM
If Bargnani stays healthy, Raptors will be the 9th or 10th seed out East.

outbreak
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
That Toronto pick will be late in the top 10 imo. Their still not making the play offs this year but they'll improve. Thunder should have just made a move for Dwight. Orlando should have held out longer as well if rockets traded both first rounders and lamb for harden surely they would have given more for Dwight at this point.

BlackVVaves
10-28-2012, 05:51 PM
That Toronto pick will be late in the top 10 imo. Their still not making the play offs this year but they'll improve. Thunder should have just made a move for Dwight. Orlando should have held out longer as well if rockets traded both first rounders and lamb for harden surely they would have given more for Dwight at this point.

This. Harden + Perkins + Ibaka for Dwight + J Rich + filler.

Or simply, Harden + big man for Dwight.

Damn shame.

Haymaker
10-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Toronto will suck again, but not like last season. I don't see them in the playoffs just yet.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Please Please not Motiejuanas.

Why? From what I know he would probably fit very well.

Royce White probably even better. Better than 2 picks.

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 06:24 PM
This. Harden + Perkins + Ibaka for Dwight + J Rich + filler.

Or simply, Harden + big man for Dwight.

Damn shame.

Only problem is that Dwight wouldn't resign in Oklahoma City. You can't put this one on the Thunder.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
A good fit for OKC would be Nene. With Okafor arriving, it becomes a question of whether or not they need both (tho Nene should just play PF).

Of course, with Beal arriving, they have no need for Martin. So you'd have to get a second team involved...the only teams that could really use that starting SG (other than maybe Utah) are Toronto and Orlando...Orlando have Afflalo, so he becomes expendable.

If Utah take Martin, then what do they do with Burks? Just give Martin the year? I guess that's probably the way to go. But I don't see Jefferson being the right fit in OKC.

Jefferson to Chicago, Martin to Utah, Boozer to DC, Nene to OKC...

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
A good fit for OKC would be Nene. With Okafor arriving, it becomes a question of whether or not they need both (tho Nene should just play PF).

Of course, with Beal arriving, they have no need for Martin. So you'd have to get a second team involved...the only teams that could really use that starting SG (other than maybe Utah) are Toronto and Orlando...Orlando have Afflalo, so he becomes expendable.

If Utah take Martin, then what do they do with Burks? Just give Martin the year? I guess that's probably the way to go. But I don't see Jefferson being the right fit in OKC.

You bring up a good point. Nene 1 on 1 on the block against a small ball lineup would be effective. Never thought of that. I think that one guy the Thunder could have grabbed when he was available is Scola. Him and Harden could have been deadly off the bench.

Jax
10-28-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd go for Demarcus Cousins with everything they got to offer.

outbreak
10-28-2012, 07:09 PM
You bring up a good point. Nene 1 on 1 on the block against a small ball lineup would be effective. Never thought of that. I think that one guy the Thunder could have grabbed when he was available is Scola. Him and Harden could have been deadly off the bench.

did scola get passed on after he was amnestied? If not then i don't think OKC could have moved on him. I agree Nene would be a good pick up. Wizards could be interested as martin's an expirer and Nene is a large contract when they have Okafor anyway.

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 07:18 PM
did scola get passed on after he was amnestied? If not then i don't think OKC could have moved on him. I agree Nene would be a good pick up. Wizards could be interested as martin's an expirer and Nene is a large contract when they have Okafor anyway.

I'm talking trade. I don't think OKC was under the cap so they didn't have a chance after he was amnestied. But I'm sure they could have moved some expiring contracts for him and yes I know that means they add more salary, but it also allows them to see what the team can do before trading Harden.

bletchley
10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
If they can't grab Jefferson maybe they should try to get Kanter .
Lamb+ 2 first round picks for Kanter

O_City_Thunder
10-28-2012, 08:18 PM
I'd go for Demarcus Cousins with everything they got to offer.
That dude has some serious issues.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
If they can't grab Jefferson maybe they should try to get Kanter .
Lamb+ 2 first round picks for Kanter

I was actually trying to work that..but no way does OKC give all that for Kanter. That's Harden for Kanter.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
That dude has some serious issues.

One of them is the inability to get traded to OKC.

KG215
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
So is OP going to actually reveal where he's getting this information?

Or at least admit he's just pulling shit out of his ass and throwing it at his computer?

PyrrhusX
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM

Or at least admit he's just pulling shit out of his ass and throwing it at his computer?

Does anyone really take the OP seriously in the first place? What he claims are just what some people think might happen now.

RRR3
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM

He stalks Kevin Durant, I'm sure he's heard something.

KG215
10-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Does anyone really take the OP seriously in the first place? What he claims are just what some people think might happen now.

Pretty much what I figured, but a part of me was hoping he wasn't making it up. There was some speculation last night on a Thunder board that Presti may eventually turn the draft picks and Martin's expiring contract into a big man.

alenleomessi
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I was actually trying to work that..but no way does OKC give all that for Kanter. That's Harden for Kanter.
neither does utah

Skep
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Al Jefferson/Randy Foye for Eric Maynor & Jeremy Lamb salaries probably dont match up but that would be amazing for the Jazz

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
So you'd have to get a second team involved...the only teams that could really use that starting SG (other than maybe Utah) are Toronto and Orlando...Orlando have Afflalo, so he becomes expendable.

Would have made some sense before the Jazz got Marvin and Foye but not so much now. I see the Jazz playing the hand they have until closer to the trade deadline unless they get their young pg or other non player assets. The fact that both GM's worked in SA means they will surely talk I'd think.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Al Jefferson/Randy Foye for Eric Maynor & Jeremy Lamb salaries probably dont match up but that would be amazing for the Jazz

Don't think Foye can be traded yet because he just signed a while ago that's why I say closer to the trade deadline. Jazz don't need another young wing unless Burks or Hayward is part of one of these deals.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM
neither does utah

The Jazz don't give up Kanter for all that? Getting Lamb means that one of Lamb/Burks is available for trade. That player can be turned for a PG (with the two 1st round picks, they could all be packaged for a possible biggie).

Would have made some sense before the Jazz got Marvin and Foye but not so much now. I see the Jazz playing the hand they have until closer to the trade deadline unless they get their young pg or other non player assets. The fact that both GM's worked in SA means they will surely talk I'd think.

My basis is that Utah just made the playoffs and want to push for it again. Doing this allows Burks one more year off the bench. When Martin expires, he can be let go and Burks is ready to step up (like we're seeing with Favors and Kanter). If Martin actually goes hog wild then Burks is an asset (and Martin could also be S&Ted).

I actually think Kendall Marshall is worth a look. Especially if Burks is kept and if Burks is versatile enough to guard 1-3 (as I see Hayward can). Marshall might be slow to guard PG's...that guy can pass the ball tho.

bletchley
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I thınk Utah is less capable of accepting this , nothing is wrong on Okc side.Kanter has more potential and he is a CENTER which is really hard to find .

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
My basis is that Utah just made the playoffs and want to push for it again.

They are. Despite the fact that Al/Raja/Watson are still on the roster they look to be much improved with the moves they made and the offensive changes they have made.

Doing this allows Burks one more year off the bench. When Martin expires, he can be let go and Burks is ready to step up (like we're seeing with Favors and Kanter). If Martin actually goes hog wild then Burks is an asset (and Martin could also be S&Ted).

Burks is on the bench until he shows he's more than just a 6th man type which is what he is showing thus far.

I actually think Kendall Marshall is worth a look. Especially if Burks is kept and if Burks is versatile enough to guard 1-3 (as I see Hayward can). Marshall might be slow to guard PG's...that guy can pass the ball tho.

Marshall seems like a good fit for Utah and with Dragic in Phoenix could be available. Jazz might have a lottery pick from the Warriors next summer to get their young pg though and the cap space to build their future roster around their young guys. They don't need to do anything rash other than dumping the guys the guys I mentioned up top ASAP!

longtime lurker
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
If it happens it would be a 3 team trade. The Jazz have no need for Kevin Martin, but they could use some more veterans.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I thınk Utah is less capable of accepting this , nothing is wrong on Okc side.Kanter has more potential and he is a CENTER which is really hard to find .

Though they have 3 very capable ones now.

RRR3
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Xiao Yao You still :mad: Al Jefferson>Millsap? :oldlol: How are you going to hate on your team's best player just because he's better than your idol? :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
If it happens it would be a 3 team trade. The Jazz have no need for Kevin Martin, but they could use some more veterans.

Later on in the season Martin might make sense depending on how things go with Marvin(who looks good thus far) and Foye(who is looking better). They will need a veteran center to replace Al but other than that they have a nice mix of youth and young vets and Tinsley/Watson.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Xiao Yao You still :mad: Al Jefferson>Millsap? :oldlol: How are you going to hate on your team's best player just because he's better than your idol? :facepalm

I don't have idols but Jefferson is hardly the best player on the Jazz to anyone that has watched them at all. Only thing he has on Millsap is shot blocking which is something Paul did before he expanded his game to so many other areas. Jazz offense runs better without the black hole. Defensively they are a lot better without Al being mesmerized by the pick and roll. The unappreciated Hayward and Millsap were the best players on the Jazz to close the season not Jefferson or the supposed savior Favors.

longtime lurker
Later on in the season Martin might make sense depending on how things go with Marvin(who looks good thus far) and Foye(who is looking better). They will need a veteran center to replace Al but other than that they have a nice mix of youth and young vets and Tinsley/Watson.

If I were the Jazz I'd prefer Hayward, Burks and Foye manning that position over Martin. Veteran center would be good for the Jazz though.

Whoah10115

More potential than who?

Harden is a top 20 player at worst. I don't think Kanter will ever be a top 20 player in a league as packed as this one.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
If I were the Jazz I'd prefer Hayward, Burks and Foye manning that position over Martin. Veteran center would be good for the Jazz though.

It's Martin or Foye and possibly both if Foye can prove himself at the 1. Jury is still out on him. He started slowly but is improving. I'm guessing the Jazz might have traded for Martin before they signed Foye but Morey was holding out for Harden.

I don't think Kanter will ever be a top 20 player in a league as packed as this one.

I wouldn't count Kanter out with the work and improvement he shows.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 10:06 PM
They are. Despite the fact that Al/Raja/Watson are still on the roster they look to be much improved with the moves they made and the offensive changes they have made.

Burks is on the bench until he shows he's more than just a 6th man type which is what he is showing thus far.

Well that's what I'm saying. He'll develop but not be rushed. Same has been happening with Favors and Kanter.

Marshall seems like a good fit for Utah and with Dragic in Phoenix could be available. Jazz might have a lottery pick from the Warriors next summer to get their young pg though and the cap space to build their future roster around their young guys. They don't need to do anything rash other than dumping the guys the guys I mentioned up top ASAP!

Who are the Jazz betting on? They have a million assets. May as well trade and find what is the best available and not bank on who might come out of the draft and then deal with them not being ready and having to get acclimated. Marshall is worth the shot. What is Utah going to give up that they're gonna miss?

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't count Kanter out with the work and improvement he shows.

I didn't count him out. But top 20 are the regular All-Pros or guys you expect to be there. It's not an insult to Kanter if he's not top 20. He can be an all-star every year and still just make the 25.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Well that's what I'm saying. He'll develop but not be rushed. Same has been happening with Favors and Kanter.

Who are the Jazz betting on? They have a million assets. May as well trade and find what is the best available and not bank on who might come out of the draft and then deal with them not being ready and having to get acclimated. Marshall is worth the shot. What is Utah going to give up that they're gonna miss?

If they like Marshall and can get him for the right price sure. I've heard no word they even like him. Jerry would have. The new regime? They liked Lilliard.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
If they like Marshall and can get him for the right price sure. I've heard no word they even like him. Jerry would have. The new regime? They liked Lilliard.

Lillard is very good, from what I've seen. But I don't know if he's the right fit. Then again, when you're good you're good.

But Marshall is probably a solid fit. Doesn't have to be him either. But you all need a PG and it's not Mo Williams.

AK47DR91
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
OKC/Utah blockbuster trade scenario in honor of hawksfan's recent retirement

OKC Out: Westbrook, Perkins and Raptors 1st Round pick

OKC In: Mo Williams, Jefferson and Millsap

Utah Out: Mo Williams, Jefferson and Millsap

Utah in: Westbrook, Perkins and Raptors 1st Round pick

Why would OKC do this? they get a low post scoring Center in Jefferson, a solid PF/Sixth Man caliber player in Millsap and a pretty decent PG in Mo Williams who won't steal Durant's spotlight like GOATbrook was.

Why would Utah do this? they get the best PG in the league in Westbrook. Plus the Raptors 1st Round pick. Perkins will back-up Kanter and Favors, and mentor them.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Lillard is very good, from what I've seen. But I don't know if he's the right fit. Then again, when you're good you're good.

But Marshall is probably a solid fit. Doesn't have to be him either. But you all need a PG and it's not Mo Williams.

I'm just thankful it isn't chops anymore!

OKC/Utah blockbuster trade scenario in honor of hawksfan's recent retirement

OKC Out: Westbrook, Perkins and Raptors 1st Round pick

OKC In: Mo Williams, Jefferson and Millsap

Utah Out: Mo Williams, Jefferson and Millsap

Utah in: Westbrook, Perkins and Raptors 1st Round pick

Why would OKC do this? they get a low post scoring Center in Jefferson, a solid PF/Sixth Man caliber player in Millsap and a pretty decent PG in Mo Williams who won't steal Durant's spotlight like GOATbrook was.

Why would Utah do this? they get the best PG in the league in Westbrook. Plus the Raptors 1st Round pick. Perkins will back-up Kanter and Favors, and mentor them.

Jazz do it. Westbrook would work with Hayward. Doubt Oklahoma does it.

hawkfan
10-28-2012, 10:31 PM
The Thunder should have traded Harden to the Rockets for the same package they got, with the substitution of Scola instead of Martin this past summer.

That would have been a perfect fit for the Thunder at the bigs.

Whoah10115
10-28-2012, 10:33 PM
The Thunder should have traded Harden to the Rockets for the same package they got, with the substitution of Scola instead of Martin this past summer.

That would have been a perfect fit for the Thunder at the bigs.

I like this.

joshwake
10-29-2012, 01:20 AM

so you are saying you pulled the sources out of your ass? soundslegit, especially since Utah wouldnt be able to amnesty Perkins, and why would they be that concerned about being "relieved of jefferson's cap" (I assume you mean contract), when that will naturally happen at the end of the season anyway?