PDA

View Full Version : NBA Psychopath/sociopath?

TheFan
10-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Which nba players are psychopath/sociopath?

read this:http://hiqnews.megafoundation.org/The_Aliens_Among_Us.htm

For you people not interested in reading the whole thing.

Equally shocking is a list of celebrity psychopaths: Leona Helmsley, "the queen of mean", Bernard Ebbers, the founder of Worldcom, Andrew Fastow, Enron's convicted CFO, and a host of other leaders of crooked corporations (Jeff Skilling and Kenneth Lay in the case of Enron?). (Kenneth Lay’s $92-million Seattle-area home was recently displayed on the Home-and-Garden channel.) Other psychopathic leaders might have included Genghis Khan, Adolph Hitler, Hermann Goering, Josef Stalin, Attila the Hun, Nero, and Caligula. Dr. Hare cites Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison, and Bill Gates as narcissists (borderline psychopaths) who are kept under control by their "handlers". They're very insensitive to other people's feelings. They differ from the true psychopath in that they identify with a cause (a projection of themselves), and may justify aggressive means to attain their self-justified ends. By contrast, the true psychopath is a parasite, concerned only about him/herself (like Hitler saying, “After me, comes the flood.”)

Characteristics of Psychopaths:

Glib and articulate. Jekyll and Hyde.

Impulsive to the point of recklessness.

Lying, deceiving and manipulating.

High need for excitement Lives on the edge.

Grandiose. Unafraid of punishment.

Violently reactive to slights, frustrations

No conscience. Never feels guilty.

Lack of responsibility. Parasitic lifestyle.

Totally self-centered. No empathy.

Episodic relationships

Shallow emotions.

Early and adult behavioral problems

Psychopaths will come up with sad stories about their sad childhoods that are sometimes true and are sometimes cut from the whole cloth.

but i recommend you read the whole thing. There is even a test to recognize a psychopath.

so... i know this is no a psychoplogy forum, but its quite interesting... can the perfect mindset for a NBA player is being psychopath? trying to be charm with rivals, just to destroy them on court? which NBA Players are phsychopath?

Im something like 99% sure Jordan was a psychopath... how he would pretend to be friends with Patrick and Charles just to later destroy them on court? I remember Jordan saying something like "I hate that fat ass(Barkley), I just pretend to be his friend" or something like that, people seemed to take it like a joke, but he seemed to truly mean it at that time.

edit: it seems that nowadays, MOST succesful people are psychopath.... Steve Jobs is known for being a ruthless psychopath... Heck even Martha Stewart has been called out for being a workplace bully...

TaLvsCuaL
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/dgoxut.gif%5D

Shade8780
10-29-2012, 09:18 AM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif

TheFan
10-29-2012, 09:25 AM

SpecialQue
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Jordan and Kobe come immediately to mind.

TheFan
10-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Jordan and Kobe come immediately to mind.

Kobe is a good example... Think when he airballed those 3s against Utah, a less predatory mind would be scared to shit of taking another three in his entire career? I think thats a good application of psychotic behavior, he kept taking those 3s and became good at it.

JohnnySic
10-29-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/artestspeech.jpg

Punpun
10-29-2012, 09:51 AM
>Hitler saying, “After me, comes the flood.

Bullshit.

TheFan
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM

DStebb716
10-29-2012, 10:06 AM
scott pollard

SpecialQue
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
screw it... Kobe is a rapist and Lebron is so full of shit... I really hate those athletic and succesful black men, because, im a 5'9 white boy whose biggest display of athleticism was to reach the cookie jar without help from dad.

do i fit? where is my poster of the year prize? can i be loved and accepted by the ish community now?

sorry for at least trying...

Huh? Where the hell did this come from? Frustration because you're not getting more replies to your thread?

FKAri
10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Kobe immediately came to mind.

kmartshopper
10-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Jordan and kobe are like the poster children for this:oldlol:
artest...he just got that homeless man crazy

Kovach
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Danny Fortson. Didn't help his NBA career much, he was always trash.

I<3NBA
10-29-2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/artestspeech.jpg
he's bipolar not psychopathic. learn the difference.

no pun intended
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Delonte West.

Brick Rick
10-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Jordan and Kobe are the obvious choices. I'm pretty sure Jordan doesn't lose a nights sleep over cawkbkocking all those superstars from winning a ring.

Anti-psychopaths: Lebron James and Vince Carter. They absolutely feel love and compassion.

Metroid
10-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Jordan is not a psychopath; people take those quotes seriously, rather than his "likes to goof around and joke around" personality. He was affected after the death of Red Kerr, eyes red crying. If you read the Phill Jackson book, Kobe might be a sociopath, but I don’t think he is. I mean he definitely is in the book, but I don’t think he’s one. The only people who really come to mind was Blake Griffin when he crashed into a bunch of people in the crowd and never looked at them once when he got up, as if they were completely irrelevant. Other Clippers acknowledging the fans. I don’t think Bill Gates is one. Karl Malone from his lack of emotions with the Isiah and Nash elbows.

Blake's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZTyucTTrg

RoseCity07
10-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I've wondered about this before. I remember thinking that being a psychopath probably makes star players clutch. If you don't have emotion then how can you be shaken in pressure situations? I just don't know if there is a correlation though. I can't imagine Kevin Durant having such a passion for basketball and not being able to feel emotion. Those are paradoxes.

Metroid
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I've wondered about this before. I remember thinking that being a psychopath probably makes star players clutch. If you don't have emotion then how can you be shaken in pressure situations? I just don't know if there is a correlation though. I can't imagine Kevin Durant having such a passion for basketball and not being able to feel emotion. Those are paradoxes.

From what I've read psychopaths are the biggest cowards though. And I'm not saying that just to put them down. They might have no emotions if someone gets stabbed, but if their life is in danger, or something that effects a person in that sense, then their cowards.

Brick Rick
10-29-2012, 09:02 PM
I like to think MJ is a psychopath. It adds to his legend.