PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass Free Trial till 7th November.

maybeshewill13
10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
http://watch.nba.com/nba/home

Enjoy

Deuce Bigalow
10-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I thought it was till the 6th of Nov?

SpecialQue
10-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Are you serious? Fvcking wasted my money. :banghead:

maybeshewill13
10-29-2012, 10:43 PM
I thought it was till the 6th of Nov?

Sorry yes 6th for the USA..

iDunk
10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the lag NBA.

senelcoolidge
10-30-2012, 05:06 AM
I wanted to pick my 5 teams today and I couldn't..so after Nov. 6 can we pick our 5 teams?

All Net
10-30-2012, 05:24 AM
I wanted to pick my 5 teams today and I couldn't..so after Nov. 6 can we pick our 5 teams?

I imagine so but can't see why you can't do it now.

pauk
10-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Yes!!

kNIOKAS
10-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Good.

Good.

SevereUpInHere
10-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Man, do they not offer the 5 team package for Australia? I know I'll forget to unsubscribe and get stung the $220 dollars, wish shit wasn't so expensive here. Even a one team pass costs $190 if you get playoffs and finals.

:mad:

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Man, do they not offer the 5 team package for Australia? I know I'll forget to unsubscribe and get stung the $220 dollars, wish shit wasn't so expensive here. Even a one team pass costs $190 if you get playoffs and finals.

:mad:

I bought the yearly package with the 15% discount for $187. Not too bad for a whole year including playoffs I guess. Rip off if you compare it to what other countries get it for though, but we get no lockouts :banana:

SevereUpInHere
10-30-2012, 06:06 AM
I bought the yearly package with the 15% discount for $187. Not too bad for a whole year including playoffs I guess. Rip off if you compare it to what other countries get it for though, but we get no lockouts :banana:

I would do it, but the internet at work is so shit and I can't really watch the games there for obvious reasons, and it's not worth it for watching games on Sat and Sunday mornings. :( Stupid timezone

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:08 AM
I would do it, but the internet at work is so shit and I can't really watch the games there for obvious reasons, and it's not worth it for watching games on Sat and Sunday mornings. :( Stupid timezone

Umm.. you realize all the games are recorded and watchable any time.. right?

LJJ
10-30-2012, 06:46 AM

Shit costs the same in Europe.

It's ridiculous, with the 15% discount the Americans pay $120, we pay $200. I willing to pay for the service, but I'm not willing to pay twice as much as other customers for the same thing.

So I turn to piracy. The games are broadcast for free on television anyway, so no reason to feel bad if I watch a stream or torrent of that.

PyrrhusX
10-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Since im gonna be in Korea/Australia for most of the year, I had to get the $220 package .. but hey at least I get all teams rather than 5.

Does anyone know if the $220 includes finals? I was a little too slack when reading the site.

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Since im gonna be in Korea/Australia for most of the year, I had to get the $220 package .. but hey at least I get all teams rather than 5.

Does anyone know if the $220 includes finals? I was a little too slack when reading the site.

Every game my man (including finals). Hope you enjoy it in the land of Oz.

Clutch
10-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Got my League Pass for $118,99 (15% discount). It's cheaper than it was last year.

SevereUpInHere
10-30-2012, 07:24 AM

:oldlol: Yeah of course, I have massive issues watching replays. I can't bring myself to not check scores during the day and I lose any excitement watching a game where I know the outcome. It's a curse...

coin24
10-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Is the discount still available????

$220:mad: Fu*king shithole Australia...:facepalm Sick of paying more than everyone else for everything here....
Guess ill watch the free week then if no discount offer just buy it. Cant go without NBA:lol :lol

brantonli
10-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Whoa before you guys all start signing up, here's hte discount code:

NBAP15GTX354

The promo includes the playoffs.

and be careful of the free trial, if you forget to cancel, you will be charged the full $220

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 07:51 AM
:oldlol: Yeah of course, I have massive issues watching replays. I can't bring myself to not check scores during the day and I lose any excitement watching a game where I know the outcome. It's a curse...

Just don't check the score you idiot lol. Not hard. What would you rather, stare at some scores on your phone, or get to watch the game? Pretty easy decision to me..

SevereUpInHere
10-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Just don't check the score you idiot lol. Not hard. What would you rather, stare at some scores on your phone, or get to watch the game? Pretty easy decision to me..

Haha, I can't help it, it means I'll have to avoid ish and also checking the scores on Espn. I just don't have the will power my man. I'm at work when the games are on, it's hard enough hiding it from the bosses :oldlol:

It's going to be firstrow for me again this season I think.

Do you work in the mornings, or you studying? If I wasn't working during the day I'd get it 100%

kurple
10-30-2012, 08:07 AM
is this for internationals as well?

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Haha, I can't help it, it means I'll have to avoid ish and also checking the scores on Espn. I just don't have the will power my man. I'm at work when the games are on, it's hard enough hiding it from the bosses :oldlol:

It's going to be firstrow for me again this season I think.

Do you work in the mornings, or you studying? If I wasn't working during the day I'd get it 100%

I work 8-4, so I miss every game. I just simply watch them when I get home from work.

is this for internationals as well?

Yes

Cherry Picker
10-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Anyone managed to login to their Xbox yet ?

LBJ 23
10-30-2012, 09:50 AM

True, but why pay for it when you have Davka?

oolalaa
10-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Whoa before you guys all start signing up, here's hte discount code:

NBAP15GTX354

The promo includes the playoffs.

and be careful of the free trial, if you forget to cancel, you will be charged the full $220

Have you used that code yourself already? Almost certain you can't use a code twice....obviously.

brantonli
10-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Have you used that code yourself already? Almost certain you can't use a code twice....obviously.

It's a general code for everybody to use I think. All you need to do on the payment screen is C+P it into the box on the right. I've seen teh same code posted everywhere else, and it still works.

oolalaa
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
It's a general code for everybody to use I think. All you need to do on the payment screen is C+P it into the box on the right. I've seen teh same code posted everywhere else, and it still works.

Just tried it. Not working for me. An "Invalid Return Code" pops up. Ah well :(

pauk
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
True, but why pay for it when you have Davka?

You wont see all the games there + the download speed is most often horrible (lots of leechers, very few seeders, 1 game might take hours and hours to download) and the worst part is the torrents/games are uploaded extremly late, sometimes up to 4 days after the actual game happened... if you are you willing to be patient and wait for all that while also not spoiling the game (seeing the results of the game) then go for it..

The other option is sites like Firstrow, but its absolutely horrible quality & its lagging/buffering nonstop (often unbearable, like watching 5 to 30 sec interval screenshots)... if you can tolerate that then go for it...

If you want absolute perfection, pure basketball heaven with no limits in any way (especially if u have ILP)... then go for LeaguePass... but you have to pay...

All of it has advantages and disadvantages.... choose your destiny! *in mortal kombat voice*

NBA4EVER
10-30-2012, 03:16 PM
yo did Bladers do a free league pass thing this year?

rhythmic
10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Shit costs the same in Europe.

It's ridiculous, with the 15% discount the Americans pay $120, we pay $200. I willing to pay for the service, but I'm not willing to pay twice as much as other customers for the same thing.

So I turn to piracy. The games are broadcast for free on television anyway, so no reason to feel bad if I watch a stream or torrent of that.

I'm assuming Americans get far more televised games though, no? (without LP)
So it's a little less tempting to pay for league pass.
Business 101.

LJJ
10-30-2012, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Noof
10-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Cool, I'll try watching part of the Cavs game on the Xbox app.

alenleomessi
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
when i click on free trial it asks me for visa card or some shit like that? wtf?

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
when i click on free trial it asks me for visa card or some shit like that? wtf?

Pretty sure it's a way to rope you in. Free trial but they require you put in a payment method, so I you forget to then cancel it you get charged.

Suckafree
10-30-2012, 04:47 PM
This is stupid. Why are the making me enter my credit card details for the trial.

Pretty sure you never had to do this last year

rhythmic
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
You are assuming correctly.

But business 101? Selling your products at a huge premium in a market where you have virtually no hold is not exactly what I would call a viable business strategy.

I think there is a huge potential market for the NBA in Europe, but it's never going to happen if they are stingy with their product. What they should be doing is getting some NBA shown on European non-premium television (in limited quantity of course, ie game of the week), offer lots of promotions with their online league pass and generally get their product out there. Instead they are burning their very small number of promoters every chance they get.

We're talking about different strategies here, differentiation versus cost.
Neither of us are wrong, I'm just telling you why LP is doing this. They are increasing their margins because they can. You have to be a big basketball fan already to order LP, so obviously the people who live in Europe and are big basketball fans will have little choice but to invest $200 because they don't get as many televised games as we do here in America.

My line of thinking is that not many casual fans will bother paying for LP, mostly hardcore fans such as ourselves who are devoted to an online basketball forum would be willing to pay a little extra and catch EVERY game throughout the season.

LP is targeted towards hardcore fans, not casual fans. Therefore, I don't think your idea would work.

But just my opinion.
Offering lower prices to a market who isn't as aware about the NBA is a very risky proposition, especially considering demographic that orders LP (hardcore fans).

You must penetrate the market, raise awareness, create hardcore fans...then offer lower prices. (for LP)

As far as creating awareness towards NBA in general, I agree with you 100%. But we're talking about a specific product here (LP) that most casual fans don't bother to buy.

LJJ
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Jasi
10-30-2012, 06:07 PM
If you do not cancel your subscription prior to the conclusion of the Free Trial period (ending Nov 7 at 11:59 PM ET), the payment method you provided will be billed on Nov 8 for USD$219.99. You may cancel at any time via My Account section.

This is the kind of things I hate about so-called promotions.
It's exactly like saying "We are trying to trick you".

rhythmic
10-30-2012, 06:52 PM
You are now simply asserting that ILP is an inelastic product and thus they should ask a high premium for it. I flat out don't agree, I think there's a lot of potential for growth for the NBA overseas especially for innovative products such as this, but that the NBA going about that completely the wrong way.

Of course it's an inelastic product.
The market in Europe is far smaller and you don't penetrate a market using products designed for a specific demographic. People who order LP usually watch a lot of basketball, they are hardcore fans. Why would the NBA offer Europe discounts for something they know little about?

There are no NBA teams in Europe, they usually don't get a chance to experience a live game; they don't have the same attachment as people in America have. Your expansion proposal is too ambitious, in my opinion. You don't sell a truck to a stock broker.

All Net
10-30-2012, 07:06 PM
This is the kind of things I hate about so-called promotions.
It's exactly like saying "We are trying to trick you".

Easy to forget too...

LJJ
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Of course it's an inelastic product.
The market in Europe is far smaller and you don't penetrate a market using products designed for a specific demographic. People who order LP usually watch a lot of basketball, they are hardcore fans. Why would the NBA offer Europe discounts for something they know little about?

There are no NBA teams in Europe, they usually don't get a chance to experience a live game; they don't have the same attachment as people in America have. Your expansion proposal is too ambitious, in my opinion. You don't sell a truck to a stock broker.

Are you European, or not?

I now quite a lot of people who casually follow the NBA. Granted, I have a bunch of friends in the basketball community and I live in an urban area. Many of them enjoyed the free preview periods of ILP last year. There are plenty of new customers to be gained in Europe, but now all they do is lose previous customers. Even among the more hardcore basketball crowd, ILP owners are few. If they charge 90 bucks for it instead of 180 like they do in the US, I'm sure they won't lose revenue especially not in the long run.

Overcharging now is short term thinking. New customers bring added revenue from every direction, not just subscription fees.

Jasi
10-30-2012, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

alenleomessi
10-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Pretty sure it's a way to rope you in. Free trial but they require you put in a payment method, so I you forget to then cancel it you get charged.
so its 'free' but you still have type in your credit card info? and by mistake ( lets say you are not home that day), you could lose around 220 dollars because you were late to sign off?
are they expecting anyone to sign in?

Floppy
10-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Nice, you have to wait till the 7th to cancel your sub and if you forget it you get to pay 179€.

dbugz
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
atdhenet.tv + rapidhoops.com (http://www.rapidhoops.com/) (replay) >> Leaguepass

:pimp: :pimp:

Shade8780
10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
atdhenet.tv + rapidhoops.com (http://www.rapidhoops.com/) (replay) >> Leaguepass

:pimp: :pimp:
You need to do a survey :/

rhythmic
10-30-2012, 07:39 PM
No it's not.
It's just a smaller market (less fans) then USA, but the elasticity is the same (hardcore fans with willingness to spend will take it, regular fans will not).
The assumption that a European is either a super-hardcore fan or not a fan at all is totally baseless. There are a lot of "regular" fans who would get LP if it cost less (LJJ and I, for instance).

Of course there would be a lot more fans getting LP if it cost less. Bottom line, Americans get charged less because there are more nationally televised games in America.

It's impossible for me to convince people on here that it is an inelastic product, because, hey, you guys ARE hardcore fans from Europe posting on a basketball message board. So clearly you guys are frustrated that you have to pay premium prices. But it's a pretty logical conclusion that there are far more hardcore fans in America then in Europe, because the NBA is a lot closer to home and they get a larger sense of attachment to the game.

As far as offering a promotion for future revenue, it's a genuine gesture that the NBA clearly doesn't think is viable enough to do. They have their reasons, I'm sure they did their research as any multi-billion dollar business would. I am a stock broker, so my business approach is more about generating an immediate revenue not future growth.

The minute you offer Europe a discount is the minute you start losing fans in America, you have to consider your entire portfolio of clients.

Their line of thought has more to do with desire to buy a product that offers a viewer more options to watch the NBA. Since a viewer in America can already watch at a minimum 4-5 televised games a week (plus basically every game from a local team), they are inclined to make the price lower.

Plus LOJ, you are a hardcore fan I am assuming so I wouldn't be totally surprised that you know people who also enjoy the game. Heck, perhaps you yourself influenced them. I have family living in England, two years ago I told them I had tickets to a Laker game. They thought I was going fishing or something...

BlackWhiteGreen
10-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Just paid the full $220 by accident. FML.

kNIOKAS
10-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Just paid the full $220 by accident. FML.
you frigging serious?!?!

I wonder how many guys can share an account. If it's not blocked with 10 IPs simultaneosly using it, we can cover your costs.

Gina Carano
10-30-2012, 09:10 PM
im trying to activate the free trial, do you have to use your credit card details?

I dont remember doing it last year..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Timewarner needs to add more league pass HD channels.

SD looks terrible...

KDthunderup
10-31-2012, 01:05 AM
wtf is going on? I signed up for free league pass this morning, signed out and now Im trying to launch it but all I see is a subscription page

senelcoolidge
10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
The MLB version of league pass is so much better. Cheaper, you get all the teams, more options, you can listen to either teams announcers,etc..NBA league pass is a rip off, but there is no other choice.

Gina Carano
10-31-2012, 06:07 AM
i checked my internet banking, and nba took out 1 dollar. I'm confused they took money out, when its suppose to be a free trial..

I'm going to cancel my trial a day or two early just in case i forget..

coin24
10-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Is anyone using League Pass right now?? I signed back up for the free trial and will be buying the package as the trial ends, now the fu*king site wont even load at all..:mad: :mad:

Is it down or WTF is going on?? :confusedshrug:

Gina Carano
10-31-2012, 06:21 AM
yea down for me also..

coin24
10-31-2012, 06:24 AM
Awesome:applause: Top work NBA:facepalm :facepalm

NBA4EVER
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Why are you guys putting in credit card info?

I just went here, logged in, and it took me to the game schedule.
http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/schedule/

BlueCrayon
10-31-2012, 06:56 PM
How do I get access to the league pass channels on my cable? (optimum) I go to the channels and it says I need to subscribe.

senelcoolidge
11-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Weird. But I went to LP and wanted to pick my 5 teams..and I saw that 5 teams were already picked for me..5 teams were locked? WTF. Last season I had all 30 teams, now I want 5. But I can't choose. What if I want different teams..I'm perplexed. Has anyone picked their 5 teams yet?

BlackWhiteGreen
11-01-2012, 06:21 AM
How do you cancel this shit? Cant find it anywhere on the account settings or anything...

BlackWhiteGreen
11-01-2012, 06:32 AM
you frigging serious?!?!

I wonder how many guys can share an account. If it's not blocked with 10 IPs simultaneosly using it, we can cover your costs.

I'm not 100% yet because its not out of my account yet, so I'm trying to cancel it... but i cant see anything on there to do it

Gina Carano
11-01-2012, 06:35 AM
go to my packages, and click on cancel free trial..

BlackWhiteGreen
11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
go to my packages, and click on cancel free trial..

Yeah i cant see that. ****.

sunsfan1357
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Are you European, or not?

I now quite a lot of people who casually follow the NBA. Granted, I have a bunch of friends in the basketball community and I live in an urban area. Many of them enjoyed the free preview periods of ILP last year. There are plenty of new customers to be gained in Europe, but now all they do is lose previous customers. Even among the more hardcore basketball crowd, ILP owners are few. If they charge 90 bucks for it instead of 180 like they do in the US, I'm sure they won't lose revenue especially not in the long run.

Overcharging now is short term thinking. New customers bring added revenue from every direction, not just subscription fees.

This may not necessarily deal with any of the points you're arguing directly, but I read an interesting article earlier today about how successful baseball is doing with their online streaming media company. They branch outside of MLB to different avenues of entertainment, but the actual MLB streaming service is very popular. I can only imagine how much more so it would be for the NBA seeing how its more popular on a global scale.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jackstuef/inside-the-major-league-baseball-tech-startup-that

fefe
11-01-2012, 10:33 AM
you frigging serious?!?!

Won't work, you can't share the account.
I just tried to watch paralelly from my laptop and my mobile, and as soon as I started watching on my phone, my session got terminated on my computer.

You can only share with someone if you can share it on a time basis.
Only one can watch it at any time.