PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Jeremy Lamb

Nash
10-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Man is this a shitty move for him. I was really excited about his future. He had the chance to develop in a weaker team, with him potentially becoming the main man, taking obviously way more shots and getting better stats which in a few year will lead to a better contract.

Now he's in the shadows of all these stars in OKC, he won't get the same opportunities and time with a contender like OKC like a weak team like Houston.

Very unfortunate move for him.

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 05:59 AM
Man is this a shitty move for him. I was really excited about his future. He had the chance to develop in a weaker team, with him potentially becoming the main man, taking obviously way more shots and getting better stats which in a few year will lead to a better contract.

Now he's in the shadows of all these stars in OKC, he won't get the same opportunities and time with a contender like OKC like a weak team like Houston.

I'm not sure what his role will be. I see him possibly being moved in a trade at mid-season or next off-season in a package for a big man maybe? Poor kid.. just drafted, probably went through organizing a place in Houston and just got settled in, now he's moving cities again lol. A lot for a teenager to go through. Hopefully it helps him grow.

In response to him not having the same opportunities though.. I guess it's kinda true, maybe he won't get as many minutes.. but he will be learning the game from two of the top 10 players in the league. I think that will help him tremendously.

raprap
10-30-2012, 06:02 AM
He's probably gonna be traded before the trade deadline too.

livingby3's
10-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Phoenix

Walker
10-30-2012, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure what his role will be. I see him possibly being moved in a trade at mid-season or next off-season in a package for a big man maybe? Poor kid.. just drafted, probably went through organizing a place in Houston and just got settled in, now he's moving cities again lol. A lot for a teenager to go through. Hopefully it helps him grow.

In response to him not having the same opportunities though.. I guess it's kinda true, maybe he won't get as many minutes.. but he will be learning the game from two of the top 10 players in the league. I think that will help him tremendously.
Yeah poor kid, boo hoo.
Just got done organizing his MANSION the he bought with the multi millions of dollars he's earn as a teenager and he now has to go shopping for another MANSION....

:facepalm

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Yeah poor kid, boo hoo.
Just got done organizing his MANSION the he bought with the multi millions of dollars he's earn as a teenager and he now has to go shopping for another MANSION....

:facepalm
Tough guy.. yeah having millions of dollars is great. It doesn't change the fact the kid is going through a huge change and I'm sure he will be super professional through it all. No need to be so sarcastic.

Al Thornton
10-30-2012, 06:10 AM
harden became a star in the same situation. why can't lamb? even if he doesn't play much this year he will for sure next year.

shoops
10-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Kid has potential but this'll probably slow his development, he probably won't get much pt, and he definitely still needs to work on a lot of things.

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Kid has potential but this'll probably slow his development, he probably won't get much pt, and he definitely still needs to work on a lot of things.

You're ignoring the fact he's playing with the second best player in the league, a top 6-7 player, a decent coach and couple of decent veterans who know their stuff.. he'll be fine.

Walker
10-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Tough guy.. yeah having millions of dollars is great. It doesn't change the fact the kid is going through a huge change and I'm sure he will be super professional through it all. No need to be so sarcastic.
First world problems, if only everyone had them eh...

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:15 AM
:sleeping

shoops
10-30-2012, 06:28 AM
You're ignoring the fact he's playing with the second best player in the league, a top 6-7 player, a decent coach and couple of decent veterans who know their stuff.. he'll be fine.
Oh no doubt he's playing with some of the best players, but as it is, the Thunder are contenders so I'm not sure how much development he'll get outside of practice, he'll probably only get garbage minutes. He has plenty to work on in order to crack the rotation... Granted just being able to practice and learn from them might be good enough, it's just game experience might be a little limited.

Let me clarify, Lamb so far has been passive and pretty much invisible outside of practice, so ideal development for him is letting him take a bigger role rather than being content with the unimportant rookie role. I just think he might not get this type of important role that soon, compared to say, the one that Harden had when the team was still young, meaning slower development for Lamb.

Real Men Wear Green
10-30-2012, 06:31 AM
NYC just got flooded. 7.1 mil in the NY/NJ area are without power.

Getting to compete for a Championship and practice with elite players is good for a young player anyhow.

HylianNightmare
10-30-2012, 06:36 AM

preach

Chief Keef
10-30-2012, 06:39 AM
At least he'll be in the spotlight now because he's on a contending team. Plus you look much better when your team is winning games.

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:42 AM
NYC just got flooded. 7.1 mil in the NY/NJ area are without power.

Getting to compete for a Championship and practice with elite players is good for a young player anyhow.

Wow.. really? We're talking about ****ing basketball here, and people all of a sudden start thinking we are comparing the problems of a basketballer to those of starving African children? Get off your high horses :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
10-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Wow.. really? We're talking about ****ing basketball here, and people all of a sudden start thinking we are comparing the problems of a basketballer to those of starving African children? Get off your high horses :facepalm
No one said anything about Africans but yeah, many people over there also have it much worse. If he has a brain in his head Lamb isn't all that broken up either.

maybeshewill13
10-30-2012, 06:52 AM
No one said anything about Africans but yeah, many people over there also have it much worse. If he has a brain in his head Lamb isn't all that broken up either.

No ****. No one is comparing his situation to these things that are much worse is what I am saying.

Lamb will be fine.. and if he doesn't get traded straight away again I think this is better for his development.

longtime lurker
10-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Yeah poor kid he gets to contend for championships in the forseable future :facepalm

livingby3's
10-30-2012, 08:11 AM
I agree. Going through all the movements and environment change before playing even a regular season game ain't good for his emotions. but playing next to durant n westbrook can lead to both good and bad. I for one would hope he benefitted from these. The talent pool at the SG position for the league isn't looking bright, at least when u compare it to all other positions. dare I say Lamb got great potential to be a very good SG in this league, maybe not Kobe Wade level but he can hit the 2nd tier level. I hope all of these doesnt hinder his progress as a rookie and also his future as a player

hawksdogsbraves
10-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh he'll be fine, he'll get some decent minutes for the Thunder, good teams need bench players too you know. Andrew Goudelock got 10mpg for the Lakers and he's garbage, so you'd expect Lamb to get more run than that plus be around a good coach and good core of players to help his development. Riding the bench and learning from these guys will probably help him in the long run more than playing big minutes early for a crappy team that's losing all the time.

Nash
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Bump, OKC sent him to the D-League. This is so sad, poor Lamb. He went from being one of the more interesting rookies with Houston to the D-league with OKC.

Rookies should get the time they need to develop with bad teams and not good teams. I bet this wasn't what he was expecting when he was ballin' with Houston in the pre season.

I truly feel bad for him.

Carbine
12-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Bump, OKC sent him to the D-League. This is so sad, poor Lamb. He went from being one of the more interesting rookies with Houston to the D-league with OKC.

Rookies should get the time they need to develop with bad teams and not good teams. I bet this wasn't what he was expecting when he was ballin' with Houston in the pre season.

He's going to develop. It's up to him to continue to get better, not the team playing him minutes. Lots of rookies/players don't get better with more playin time. At the core, Lamb is what he is, and that's a player not worthy of getting minutes over Martin.

Now it's up to him to get better. He can do so in the D League and by himself, getting in the gym and working on his game.

He's a great contingency plan if Martin ends up not resigning.

millwad
12-08-2012, 06:58 PM

Me too, so freaking unfair!
Like getting traded after playing amazing pre-season basketball wasn't enough, now he's in the freaking D-league, he must feel horrible and I feel really bad for him too.

I am crying for Jeremy Lamb now! He only has 2 million bucks in his account right now for this year's salary, WTF!!!!

OKCThunderUP
12-08-2012, 07:02 PM
OKC actually uses its D-League team to develop young players. They're not sent there just so the team can hold onto them for future trades and such. He can develop much quicker getting playing time in Tulsa rather than warming the bench in OKC.

Nash
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
He's going to develop. It's up to him to continue to get better, not the team playing him minutes. Lots of rookies/players don't get better with more playin time. At the core, Lamb is what he is, and that's a player not worthy of getting minutes over Martin.

Now it's up to him to get better. He can do so in the D League and by himself, getting in the gym and working on his game.

He's a great contingency plan if Martin ends up not resigning.
I'm not saying he deserves to play ahead of Martin. All I'm saying is that he has ended up in a bad situation. He would have obviously played 18 games in the league right now and thats the only way to develop by getting playing time.

FreezingTsmoove
12-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Seriously do you guys understand that you have to earn minutes in practice to get playing time? You cant just throw a scrub rook on the court and expect him to put up 10 a game.

ZMonkey11
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM

concur. Boy lost the argument and is going ballistic with comparisons now.

Carbine
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm not saying he deserves to play ahead of Martin. All I'm saying is that he has ended up in a bad situation. He would have obviously played 18 games in the league right now and thats the only way to develop by getting playing time.

It's not the only way to develop.

Putting in the time when the lights and cameras aren't on you is a much bigger factor in developing than playing time.

Nash
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM
It's not the only way to develop.

Putting in the time when the lights and cameras aren't on you is a much bigger factor in developing than playing time.
You can put as much time as you want but if you have no experience in this level you'll never get better. If Lamb was with any other team that wasn't a contender nobody would be talking about him having to earn his spot in training. Most rookies that were picked at around the same time as Lamb are all getting valuable time at this level. And not only that, but they are getting to learn from their mistakes.

HylianNightmare
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
he can get all the shots he wants in the d league

DMV2
12-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Individual bases.

For every Darko(top lottery) who was in a bad development situation, there's also players like these who barely played in their rookie season, sometimes sophomore too.

McHale - 20 mins rookie season
Reggie Miller - 22 mins rookie season
Kobe - 15 mins rookie season, 26 sophomore
Dirk - 20 mins rookie season, 36 sophomore
Nash - 10 mins rookie season, 22 sophomore
Rondo - 23 mins rookie season
Harden - 23 mins rookie season

By the way, Lamb is a 12th overall pick. He's not even a Top 5 prospect. He's not going to get the green light right out the gate, especially when you have Durant, Westbrook and Martin as the top 3 scorers on your team.

Bandito
12-08-2012, 11:00 PM
In the end if you're destined to be good you are going to be good. Reggie and Kobe didn't had a lot of minutes when they started but they became stars on their team through practice and the will to be the best in the league (and for the money too). He just have to practice, practice and practice and his chance will come. Ask Jeremy Lin he's another fine example about practice and perseverance and he's not even that good.

Clifton
12-09-2012, 01:13 AM
I can't tell if people are being sarcastic in this thread or not...

But, a young player just got traded to an organization that is the best in the NBA since it began. They have done nothing but good things, they get better every season, and all their players get along great. If you're part of OKC you are a winner.

There are players who land in winning organization when they're young and there are players who don't. Players who have had this kind of thing happen to them include Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker, and Rajon Rondo.

How many players do you know who have started right away upon landing in San Antonio? If it's a great organization it takes time to earn your spot. The point is a young player's in a great organization. He's lucky. You should be jealous of him. So he doesn't get to have a sloppy, inconsistent rookie year where he gets too many minute because his team has no other options... boo hoo.

imdaman99
12-09-2012, 02:49 AM
You can put as much time as you want but if you have no experience in this level you'll never get better. If Lamb was with any other team that wasn't a contender nobody would be talking about him having to earn his spot in training. Most rookies that were picked at around the same time as Lamb are all getting valuable time at this level. And not only that, but they are getting to learn from their mistakes.
okc is in a win now situation and they have depth at his current position. and the players there are young, very young. they have no time/spots to be fckin around throwing rookies in there. on this okc team, you have to earn your minutes. unless you're perkins. he has dirt on brooks :oldlol:

Artillery
12-09-2012, 04:00 AM
OKC will probably trade him and the Toronto pick for a big somewhere down the line.

MiseryCityTexas
12-09-2012, 04:14 AM

he basically gonna be reggie jackson's d-league/ summer league backcourt teammate for years to come.