PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett snubs Ray Allen(GIF inside)

Eat Like A Bosh
10-30-2012, 11:26 PM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/KGBlowsOffRay.gif

Rasheed1
10-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Eh, its punkass... but I kinda like kg doin that.. Makes everything that much more interesting :cheers:

bluechox2
10-30-2012, 11:37 PM
http://img1.imagehousing.com/63/739c6d62aeea6c58fac8f8a0c673e01c.png

Bosh: how do i activate my super powers???

kennethgriffin
10-31-2012, 12:05 AM
http://img1.imagehousing.com/63/739c6d62aeea6c58fac8f8a0c673e01c.png

Bosh: how do i activate my super powers???

easy... just say "Ring chasers UNITE!.........IT's COLLUDING TIME!"

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/grewgrew-1.png

SevereUpInHere
10-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Better snub, Garnett or Mo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrkPihPfbnw

Wally450
10-31-2012, 12:14 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=366421826780145&set=a.263133490442313.66131.260466950708967&type=1&theater

Tmuston Beltics
10-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Why does KG act like a kid? That's not mature. He knows it's all business so idk why he acts like Allen did something wrong? :(

sportsfan76
10-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Why does KG act like a kid? That's not mature. He knows it's all business so idk why he acts like Allen did something wrong? :(

Because you don't go to join a team who just knocked you out the playoffs. That was some gay sh*T by Ray allen.

I wouldn't shake his hand either, he should have suckered punched him

tmacattack33
10-31-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't get it...Allen didn't personally disrespect KG. Allen felt like Boston disrespected him. So he left to their rivals. That's more of a diss to Boston's owners or Rondo (since that's someone that Allen mentioned as a reason he left i think.)

But yeah though, I love in terms of entertainment. We need stuff like that in this league.

SevereUpInHere
10-31-2012, 12:40 AM

If Ray goes to any other team in the league he shakes his hand, maybe not LA. But I've got no problem at all with what KG did, I love it infact.

sportsfan76
10-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Allen joining the Heat is the most FEMININE decision in the history of the NBA

He might be bi-sexual

Fawker
10-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Ray Allen was a b*tch for joining the Heat,

The End
perhaps but the message was sent. **** cultures. he's not new to this game. treat a teammate like an enemy he might become one. he got his ring. now he might get one more playing an exact same role. sometimes serious is just too much.

Fiasco
10-31-2012, 01:14 AM
perhaps but the message was sent. **** cultures. he's not new to this game. treat a teammate like an enemy he might become one. he got his ring. now he might get one more playing an exact same role. sometimes serious is just too much.

What?

I<3NBA
10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/KGBlowsOffRay.gif
Allen: hey KG, did you get my text?

bmulls
10-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Just saw this on Inside the NBA. KG looked very petty and childish compared to the way Ray Allen handled it.

Burgz V2
10-31-2012, 04:35 AM
even when Ray Allen is a snake he is classy

KG on the other hand? even when he's an ass, he's an even bigger ass lol

maybeshewill13
10-31-2012, 04:41 AM
KG :bowdown: Love it :applause:

DCL
10-31-2012, 04:43 AM
if he didn't want to shake his hand, then don't.

real behavior is better than fake sportsmanship.

scandisk_
10-31-2012, 04:54 AM
we need more of these :cheers:

KG :pimp: :rockon:

Rolando
10-31-2012, 05:01 AM
Seems like Ray knew the response he would get but did it anyway and wasn't really too disturbed by the whole thing. KG is just being KG.

Trentknicks
10-31-2012, 05:01 AM
Not even a Garnett fan in the slightest, but good on him.

Fu.ck the fake emotions in sport, Ray Allen made a snake move this offseason. Boston offered him twice what Miami did and really wanted him back. Allen knew the way the media would see/interpret him shaking Garnett's hand and played up to it.

He doesn't deserve his reputation as a class act. Remember when he went on a tangent and talked shit about David West because he wouldn't take significantly less to play at Boston? Or the fact he has been talking trash about the Celtics and his relationship with Rondo all offseason.

Besides, regardless of who you play for, you do not take less money to join direct rivals.

Haymaker
10-31-2012, 05:11 AM
Not even a Garnett fan in the slightest, but good on him.

Fu.ck the fake emotions in sport, Ray Allen made a snake move this offseason. Boston offered him twice what Miami did and really wanted him back. Allen knew the way the media would see/interpret him shaking Garnett's hand and played up to it.

He doesn't deserve his reputation as a class act. Remember when he went on a tangent and talked shit about David West because he wouldn't take significantly less to play at Boston? Or the fact he has been talking trash about the Celtics and his relationship with Rondo all offseason.

Besides, regardless of who you play for, you do not take less money to join direct rivals. Allen is a Uagina. I hope the Heat don't win any more rings as long as he's playing.

LJJ
10-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Is anyone surprised when this 36 year old man takes his immaturity to new levels? Nope. Dude is bitch made. Mentally flawed and weak and a few screws loose, KG in a nutshell. He's like a WWE character in real life.

Chief Keef
10-31-2012, 06:31 AM
I would have done the same thing. Ray Allen is a **** boy, that's like Larry Bird signing with the Lakers.

bmulls
10-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Besides, regardless of who you play for, you do not take less money to join direct rivals.

Says who? Ray Allen is a grown man who can make any decision he wants. He's made no secret of the fact that he and Rondo didn't get along, and he also let it be known he felt betrayed by Boston shopping him around. At one point during last season Doc Rivers even told him he'd been traded to Memphis before the deal fell through. Boston showed him no loyalty, so the idea that he owed them anything is a joke.

bmulls
10-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Is anyone surprised when this 36 year old man takes his immaturity to new levels? Nope. Dude is bitch made. Mentally flawed and weak and a few screws loose, KG in a nutshell. He's like a WWE character in real life.

Apparently ISH likes his fake tough guy act.

coin24
10-31-2012, 06:38 AM
I would have done the same thing. Ray Allen is a **** boy, that's like Larry Bird signing with the Lakers.

No... no its not:facepalm

Ray Allen only played a few seasons for the Celtics.. Larry Bird is the all time greatest Celtic.. On what planet is that similar??

KG is a piece of shit. Without Ray they dont win a ring and Celtics dont get Garnett. Stay classy Boston fans:applause:

Zackmorris
10-31-2012, 06:50 AM
So KG didn't fake saying hi to Ray?

I rather see honesty than made up shit

Chief Keef
10-31-2012, 06:51 AM

Ray Allen only played a few seasons for the Celtics.. Larry Bird is the all time greatest Celtic.. On what planet is that similar??

KG is a piece of shit. Without Ray they dont win a ring and Celtics dont get Garnett. Stay classy Boston fans:applause:

It's similar because you don't leave your team to ring chase and join your rival. I would feel betrayed if I was KG

Chief Keef
10-31-2012, 06:53 AM

This.

keepinitreal
10-31-2012, 06:59 AM
What's worse?

Snubbing a friend for 5 years because he joined another basketball team or joining another team in hopes to win another championship?

On one hand, it is just a sport where both players will be retired from soon, so who cares what team they join; it has happened a bunch of times. On the other hand, Ray Allen still would have had some playing time and a chance to win another title with the Celtics and his 'friends' KG and PP.

kNIOKAS
10-31-2012, 07:08 AM

You call KG a piece of shit and then proceed to ask Celtics fans to be classy?

jbot
10-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Allen joining the Heat is the most FEMININE decision in the history of the NBA

He might be bi-sexual
u must have missed the whole "Decision" fiasco?

not sure what to think about the snub. kg does some childish stuff so i'm not surprised at all.

ihoopallday
10-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Will KG shake Allen's hand if they meet in the playoffs? That's what I'm curious to see. Anyways, I don't have a problem with KG ignoring Allen yesterday. But Allen really seems like a nice guy outside of basketball.

blablabla
10-31-2012, 07:48 AM
kg just keepin it real:applause:

unknowns8
10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
KG is an openly emotional guy, he doesn't hide his feelings and isn't about to start, clearly KG is hurt that ray left for - of alllllllll the teams - the Miami Heat, why are people surprised he has reacted this way or feels this way towards Ray :confusedshrug:

it's the RIGHT reaction from KG

PJR
10-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Kevin Garnett is a douche, and that's all there is to it.

JohnnySic
10-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Every team should have at least 1 "KG".

CelticBaller
10-31-2012, 08:00 AM
It's similar because you don't leave your team to ring chase and join your rival. I would feel betrayed if I was KG
don't try to reason with that idiot

tomtucker
10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Every team should have at least 1 "KG".

would make for fun games !

Mach_3
10-31-2012, 09:40 AM
KG keepin those haters mad :applause:

swi7ch
10-31-2012, 10:04 AM
and really wanted him back

:roll:

Then why did they tried to trade him... TWICE... before the trading deadline the past two years?

:roll:

stallionaire
10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Just saw this on Inside the NBA. KG looked very petty and childish compared to the way Ray Allen handled it.
this

Mr. Incredible
10-31-2012, 10:07 AM
And Ray got the last laugh :pimp:

Wally450
10-31-2012, 10:30 AM
And Ray got the last laugh :pimp:

First game of the year. They play 3 more times and then playoffs. He got the first laugh.

Fiasco
10-31-2012, 10:35 AM
People realize Allen did this knowing full well what Garnett was going to do, right? He absolutely did it to play to the media.

r15mohd
10-31-2012, 10:43 AM
People realize Allen did this knowing full well what Garnett was going to do, right? He absolutely did it to play to the media.

It's more than playing to the media...Allen has always been a stand-up player, congratulating the other team after playoff series losses and what not. This is how Ray is...a deadly shooter and very competitive but always shows good sportsmanship. We've seen it for many years from him.

And, KG did exactly what KG would do...he's an emotional player on the court, and I didn't expect him to get up and hug Allen. He did what he's been doing for years as well.

Allen got the best of the situation as he performed well, but there are 3 more games to go between the teams and not counting what may come of the playoffs. I was more interested in seeing Wade pound the Spalding off Rondo's dome, that would of been the true highlight!

Mach_3
10-31-2012, 11:09 AM
It's more than playing to the media...Allen has always been a stand-up player, congratulating the other team after playoff series losses and what not. This is how Ray is...a deadly shooter and very competitive but always shows good sportsmanship. We've seen it for many years from him.

And, KG did exactly what KG would do...he's an emotional player on the court, and I didn't expect him to get up and hug Allen. He did what he's been doing for years as well.

Allen got the best of the situation as he performed well, but there are 3 more games to go between the teams and not counting what may come of the playoffs. I was more interested in seeing Wade pound the Spalding off Rondo's dome, that would of been the true highlight!

I agree

And Wade strikes me as the last person to start a fight in the NBA.

b1imtf
10-31-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree

And Wade strikes me as the last person to start a fight in the NBA.
Wade? :lol

GOBB_Junior
10-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Garnett is a d1ckhead. He and Pierce walked out after the Heat beat the Celtics last season.

NumberSix
10-31-2012, 04:26 PM
easy... just say "Ring chasers UNITE!.........IT's COLLUDING TIME!"

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/grewgrew-1.png
Ur a phaggit, but this is pure win.

DuMa
10-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Both guys reacted how i thought they would react. and everything is right in the world.

G-train
10-31-2012, 06:05 PM
meh, we already knew KG shows poor sportsmanship.
Only on ISH would Ray cop heat for this.
pun

Dr. Cheesesteak
10-31-2012, 06:07 PM
What's worse?

Snubbing a friend for 5 years because he joined another basketball team or joining another team in hopes to win another championship?

You mean "Snubbing a friend for 5 years because he joined your arch rival or joining your friend's arch rival in hopes to win another championship".

Allen could've gone to Memphis or LAC and it wouldn't have been a big deal. But to go to the Celts' biggest current rival? Someone here said it was a slap to the Boston front office's face, but it's also a big ..l.. to his ex-teammates too. Even if it's just a non-personal, business-only ..l..

maybeshewill13
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM
By Gary Washburn, Globe Staff

MIAMI -- Ray Allen tried to greet his former teammates late in the first quarter Tuesday when he walked to the Celtics bench before entering the game. But one Celtic wasn't in a gracious mood as Kevin Garnett ignored Allen's offer of a handshake, the video immediately becoming viral on YouTube.

Garnett was asked why he passed on greeting Allen: "You know what man, I was just trying to stay as neutral as I could but obviously I'm an intense person. Other than that it was blank, I just saw the Heat uniforms and obviously he's on the other side and I just tried to play the game, man."

KG my nikka, just tell them the truth :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
I despise KG, but that moment defines "keeping it real".

LJJ
10-31-2012, 07:01 PM
You mean "Snubbing a friend for 5 years because he joined your arch rival or joining your friend's arch rival in hopes to win another championship".

Allen could've gone to Memphis or LAC and it wouldn't have been a big deal. But to go to the Celts' biggest current rival? Someone here said it was a slap to the Boston front office's face, but it's also a big ..l.. to his ex-teammates too. Even if it's just a non-personal, business-only ..l..

Exactly. That's the very core bit of relevant information in your post there, "friend of five years".

NBA team rivalry? It's completely meaningless. No normal NBA player actually cares about that stuff. NBA team rivalry is a mere business construct to try and increase revenue, but friendship is something of actual importance. You would actually base you friendship upon which interchangeable rich white guy is paying your friends salary at the moment?

This type of behavior, along with comments such as "I don't even have his phone number anymore" is very telling of the type of person KG is in real life. Friendship is a completely disposable concept to him.

sixer6ad
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM

This whole Heat team is. Don't need any "good guy" stories about these cats. Traitors. Cheaters. Ring Chasers. it's them vs. the world, and it's 1-1 after 2 seasons. Hell...their own fans don't even show up and cheer.

And then they act like they are something. People will NEVER remember this team because of behind-the-scenes deals and methods used to put them together. Just about every championship team I can think of has a story that's worth repeating (outside of the Bad Boyz - f-ing hacks). Heat the same. I can't wait until their careers are over.

L.Kizzle
10-31-2012, 11:08 PM

Nothin made up, it's not like they hated each other and had history for 10 plus seasons.

KG is the one being fake. Deep down inside he knows he got love for Ray Allen, he was the one puttin on a front for the media.

LeBird
10-31-2012, 11:35 PM
So...Allen was supposed to be loyal even after the Celtics showed they wanted to get rid? Funny. Loyalty is a two-way street.

If KG and Allen were really friends the trade shouldn't have changed that. Because it has, it shows that they weren't friends but just teammates. KG is a small person if he thinks he can only be friends with those that play with him.

plowking
10-31-2012, 11:38 PM
This whole Heat team is. Don't need any "good guy" stories about these cats. Traitors. Cheaters. Ring Chasers. it's them vs. the world, and it's 1-1 after 2 seasons. Hell...their own fans don't even show up and cheer.

And then they act like they are something. People will NEVER remember this team because of behind-the-scenes deals and methods used to put them together. Just about every championship team I can think of has a story that's worth repeating (outside of the Bad Boyz - f-ing hacks). Heat the same. I can't wait until their careers are over.

Yeah, no one is going to remember a team with Lebron and Wade on it. Two of the best to ever play.

Nice one kid. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KingBeasley08
10-31-2012, 11:43 PM

mad cleveland fan

next

G-train
10-31-2012, 11:44 PM

You idiot.

TheBigVeto
10-31-2012, 11:47 PM
NBA team rivalry? It's completely meaningless. No normal NBA player actually cares about that stuff.

And that's why the NBA these days isn't as great as the old days.

TheBigVeto
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
You call KG a piece of shit and then proceed to ask Celtics fans to be classy?

Dude's a Kobe fan. What do you expect?

sodapop
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM
People! STOP the talking point, nice guy routine. You know deep down inside Ray was wrong and deserves no excuses for his actions. It was very clear. What do you expect in the end? For example, let's be real. What would you do if you had a fight or disagreement with someone you had deep hatred for. Every time you see that person, you wanted to see that person either destroyed or evaporate far away somewhere away from you. One day, you had it out with that person and your best friend had your back. After the altercation, the beef grew more tense. The next day, you see your best friend hanging out with the enemy, being very cheerful. You had no clue about this. Your best friend never told you he was good friends with your enemy. A few days go by, you don't see your best friend coming around that often. He's still hanging around the person you have deep hatred for. Now you're starting to feel betrayed and the feelings towards your best friend is getting bitter. All of a sudden, your best friend finally comes around to tell you he's no longer hanging out with you. He decided to hang out with your enemy instead. BTW, no hard feelings buddy! Pat you on the shoulders with a grin and skipped off into the sunset. What's your next move? How would you feel? KG did the right thing. It wasn't a media stunt for publicity. It was human instinct, a natural response coming from KG.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Exactly. That's the very core bit of relevant information in your post there, "friend of five years".

NBA team rivalry? It's completely meaningless. No normal NBA player actually cares about that stuff. NBA team rivalry is a mere business construct to try and increase revenue, but friendship is something of actual importance. You would actually base you friendship upon which interchangeable rich white guy is paying your friends salary at the moment?

This type of behavior, along with comments such as "I don't even have his phone number anymore" is very telling of the type of person KG is in real life. Friendship is a completely disposable concept to him.
Well, I agree w/ you, I'm sure KG will get over it once he's retired lol. But until then, he'll take his business personal. You also have to consider the fact that it is now Allen's job to stop KG from doing his job. Regardless if it's just a game, they now oppose each other when it comes to what they are paid to do.

It is as if a soldier from PMC1 leaves to join PMC2 that has been at war w/ PMC1 for 3 years. You think a soldier from PMC1 will be all smiles when he faces his ex-mate on the battlefield? I'm not saying military wars and NBA games are the same, but (I assume) this is how KG thinks.

sidenote - yeah, I meant "friend of 5 years" of course. I blame the guy I copy/pasted from!

Trigg
11-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Its all posturing and for show. He's nothing more than a peacock really, acting all tough.

Obviously he does it because the Boston fans lap it up but I'm sure Ray Allen doesn't give a damn.