PDA

View Full Version : steve nash looks so lost :(

swi7ch
10-31-2012, 12:16 AM
No role on offense, no role on defense. Does not look anywhere close to a quality player at all let alone a 2-time MVP. May have picked the wrong team. :(

TheMarkMadsen
10-31-2012, 12:25 AM
2 & 1/2 quarters of an 82 game season..

xoneatom
10-31-2012, 12:26 AM
this

Sarcastic
10-31-2012, 12:26 AM
The transformation into Steve Blake 2.0 has begun.

DaSeba5
10-31-2012, 12:27 AM
Mike Brown is over thinking the offense IMO. Nash doesn't look comfortable in this "Princeton" offense.

AlonzoGOAT
10-31-2012, 12:28 AM
I'll counter that with this :

MIKE BROWN IS THE HEAD COACH OF THE LAKERS

oh the horror
10-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Nash, if anything is a very smart player. I wouldnt say that he is "lost"...but rather learning on the fly.

When Nash figures out sweet spots for his players, and where to position himself on the floor, and how everyone moves, and where they like to be....its going to look a hell of a lot smoother. THAT much I do have faith in with regards to Steve....

Now defensively....thats another story. :oldlol:

Be patient kids, the ride is just getting started.

swi7ch
10-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Mike Brown is over thinking the offense IMO. Nash doesn't look comfortable in this "Princeton" offense.
Exactly.

I don't need 82 games to see this when it's so apparent RIGHT NOW! :( Mike Brown needs to just focus on defense and let Nash handle the offense.

livingby3's
10-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Nash, if anything is a very smart player. I wouldnt say that he is "lost"...but rather learning on the fly.

When Nash figures out sweet spots for his players, and where to position himself on the floor, and how everyone moves, and where they like to be....its going to look a hell of a lot smoother. THAT much I do have faith in with regards to Steve....

Qft. thank you.

bluechox2
10-31-2012, 12:34 AM
hes also shown this in the preseason...oh right for most of you, it dont count...but his performance has been terrible so far.

its like hes lost in this half court offense and kobe ball

barely saw him initiate the offense himself.

francesco totti
10-31-2012, 12:34 AM
early to talk, but imo he doesnt fit half court offence system

Tmuston Beltics
10-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Its Only Regular Season Who Cares About Regular Season Because Regular Season Is Just Regular Season. Once Regular Season Is Over, Then Comes Play Off!

wang4three
10-31-2012, 12:41 AM
It's an interesting transition from him. He's never really been on a traditional team like this. He's also been on teams that exploit mismatches, spread the floor, and were ready to run at a moment's notice.

It'll be interesting to see if Nash can adjust to this.

bluechox2
10-31-2012, 12:41 AM
nash thought it would have been great to play with kobe...but any pass to kobe will result in no assist

Reverend Hoops
10-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Not sure if his offense can cancel his poor defense now

HorryIsMyMVP
10-31-2012, 12:48 AM
How much worse could this Princeton offense be? If I were mike brown id just say Nash go ****in crazy out there you got Dwight Howard.

Meticode
10-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Princeton offense takes his strengths away. You don't need to 82 games to see this.

Hank
10-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Miami Heatles >>>>>> LA Fakers

swi7ch
10-31-2012, 01:00 AM
hes also shown this in the preseason...oh right for most of you, it dont count...but his performance has been terrible so far.

its like hes lost in this half court offense and kobe ball

barely saw him initiate the offense himself.
All he's been doing really is bring the ball up the court and pass it to someone. That's it. His role is no different than Steve Blake's. Dribble the ball up the floor and pass it to someone and never get it back unless there's 2 second left in the shot clock and you have to put up a 3. I haven't checked the stats sheet but I wouldn't be surprised if their stats are the same up to this point. Just absolutely no role on offense whatsoever. Terrible terrible TERRIBLE offensive system for him.

What a waste of Steve Nash's talents!

TheBigVeto
10-31-2012, 01:04 AM
nash thought it would have been great to play with kobe...but any pass to kobe will result in no assist

This.
Kobe is so selfish, he would deny his teammates assists.

Nash: the basketball gods are angry you joined the Lakers. You are going to be punished. You will not win an NBA championship wearing the purple and shit.

Godzuki
10-31-2012, 01:05 AM
this offense is terrible for him. i don't think i've seen 1 pick and roll or an iso type play like that. all of his plays have mostly been driving kick to a big for a J on perimeter shot. he doesn't touch the ball much either, like he's just watching half the time after he brings it up and passes it. i agree with Shaq, Charles, etc. this offense isn't going to work for the type of talent they have and least optimizes their talents. its just dumb. i'd be willing to bet they have to change it or Mike Brown gets fired where its overhauled at some point. they tried to blow off preseason sucking but now theres no excuse.

and theres just no excuse for Artest still looking like a top 3 go to for this team at times.

IamSofaKing
10-31-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm so glad the Raptors didn't end up with Nash

bdreason
10-31-2012, 01:24 AM
0-9 as a Laker so far.

bluechox2
10-31-2012, 01:26 AM
kobe needs to change his game for the lakers to win...it aint your team anymore, deal with it

CTulc
10-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah Nash is definitely going to average more assists per game than Rondo lol...

clipps
10-31-2012, 01:28 AM

Nice offense, Kobe.

Fawker
10-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Princeton offense takes his strengths away. You don't need to 82 games to see this.
explain what the princeton offense is and why nash is not suited for it please

Walker
10-31-2012, 01:44 AM
explain what the princeton offense is and why nash is not suited for it please
Anyone can google it and find out, trying to call someone out like that on the net is stupid bud.

Anyway is looks like the Terry Porter lead Suns all over again. Completely wrong coaching philosophy for the playing personal.

RazorBaLade
10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
kobe needs to change his game for the lakers to win...it aint your team anymore, deal with it

what would u have liked him to do tnoight?

Mr. Jabbar
10-31-2012, 01:49 AM
The transformation into Steve Blake 2.0 has begun.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rekindled
Yeah Nash is definitely going to average more assists per game than Rondo lol...

nash is not goin to average more assists than metta world peace at this pace if metta keeps getting to handle the ball more than Nash

BlueandGold
Historically neither Kobe nor Phil has coached/played under elite PGs nor has elite PGs historically done well under Kobe or Phil. A huge for this is probably because both have spent their entire or the vast majority of their careers playing under a system (triangle offense) that essentially has no true PG role.

KOBE143
Mike brown sucks.. He should tell Nash to pass the ball to Kobe everytime.. Nash should easily get 10 ast from Kobe alone.. Mike brown is clueless..

Mr. Jabbar
10-31-2012, 01:50 AM
what would u have liked him to do tnoight?

you realize the honest answer for that would be "to have a bad game" right?

haters...

wagexslave
10-31-2012, 02:23 AM
Steve Nash has been regressing the past few years, especially last year. Every Suns fan knows this. Dude looks old and is sloppy as f*** with the ball, especially the more minutes he plays... he starts trying to get fancy and ends up doing stupid s***, turning the ball over left and right. He often looks horrible at the end of games these days.

And when you consider Kobe's regression from last year, Pau's regression, MWP's suckness, Dwight being a 1 trick pony, and their terrible bench... yeah, the Lakers aren't winning a championship with this lineup. Period. I'll be surprised if they make the Finals.

Overhyped, overrated, over-age. This team would be amazing if the players on it were in their prime. But they're not.

tomtucker
10-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Its Only Regular Season Who Cares About Regular Season Because Regular Season Is Just Regular Season. Once Regular Season Is Over, Then Comes Play Off!

only if you make the Play Offs

mrhoopfan
10-31-2012, 06:08 AM
I figured Nash's numbers would be way down this year. People forget that prior to his second stint in Phoenix, he never averaged more than 8.5 assists. Nash is a tremendously skilled player but we do't take into account the offense he played in really enlarged his statistics. Ray Felton for Christ's sake averaged 17 and 9 in D'Antoni's offense. As a Suns fan i'd often cringe at Nash having the ball 20 out of 24 seconds. That's not good offensive basketball to me. One way Mike Brown can help the situation is to sub Nash out early, then we Kobe comes out, bring Nash in and run more high pick and rolls with a lineup of Nash, Meeks, Jamison, Hill, Howard.

BoutPractice
10-31-2012, 06:33 AM
Nash was still pretty awesome after D'Antoni left.

HorryIsMyMVP
10-31-2012, 06:37 AM
The reality is if the team was successful without Kobe being the leading scorer then he would actually cry. Therefore he is a big baby and would rather run this crappy offense then see Nash thrive with Howard and Gasol.

miller-time
10-31-2012, 06:47 AM
The reality is if the team was successful without Kobe being the leading scorer then he would actually cry. Therefore he is a big baby and would rather run this crappy offense then see Nash thrive with Howard and Gasol.

Nash is a peacock, you gotta let him fly!

Seriously, this won't work if they don't have a more fluid offense. The court seemed so congested and tight when the Lakers were on offense that I don't even see how Nash can do anything out there.

mrhoopfan
10-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Nash was still pretty awesome after D'Antoni left.

Ran the same ball dominant system........

ILLsmak
10-31-2012, 07:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DVtPZ9IbFY

haha.

Gimme da BALL.

-Smak

HorryIsMyMVP
10-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Ran the same ball dominant system........
On a pro level what point guards are not ball dominant? You have to be a little bit and be really creative to find plays for people. He is the best passer out there. He's good enough to find open dunks for Howard if he wasn't going along with this Princeton thing.

Blue&Orange
10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Nash need a new haircut.

Graviton
10-31-2012, 07:57 AM
Like Chuck said, "I want my account from Princeton, not my offense". This new shit Lakers are running sucks, it slows the game down. You got Nash and Howard, push it. I didn't see lot of pick n rolls, instead there was overdribbling and forced post ups for Dwight. He gets fouled and misses most free throws. Nash also gives up more points on D than he scores or assists on. Mike Brown is a horrible coach, if the team doesn't get its shit together, OKC will rape the shit out of them.

Artillery
10-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Historically neither Kobe nor Phil has coached/played under elite PGs nor has elite PGs historically done well under Kobe or Phil. A huge for this is probably because both have spent their entire or the vast majority of their careers playing under a system (triangle offense) that essentially has no true PG role.

Just more proof that Kobe's a one dimensional system player that can't adapt to new coaches. Take away GOAT coach Phil Jackson and his triangle offense and he gets badly exposed. First round exit for Lakers this year imho tbqh.

chains5000
10-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Nash looks lost?
Then how does this guy (http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UnycLw.9yM8.nY1dzY5i_w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM1NDtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9ODU7dz02MzA-/http://d.yimg.com/hn/p/i/bcst/turnersports/21780/atlas_3538266.jpg) look?

Graviton
10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Nash looks lost?
Then how does this guy (http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/UnycLw.9yM8.nY1dzY5i_w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM1NDtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9ODU7dz02MzA-/http://d.yimg.com/hn/p/i/bcst/turnersports/21780/atlas_3538266.jpg) look?
What guy? I only see Darren Collison making a lay up. Unless there is a ghost there.

swi7ch
10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Nash is a peacock, you gotta let him fly!
This ^^^

It's beyond STUPID to force a player like Nash to play a style of basketball that doesn't suit him! Imagine forcing Wade and LeBron to post up 80-85% of the time. It won't work because that's not their game! Their game is to attack the rim.

If you want to be successful, you have to cater and play to a player's strengths instead of forcing them to be somebody they're not.

ESPN Article said it best: "...they need Nash to play like Steve Nash."

Rab
10-31-2012, 10:50 AM
He looked lost in the brief tenure of Terry Porter here in Phoenix as well trying to play his grind it out throw the ball down to Shaq offense. It takes away from his full capabilities as a player, but I think he'll be alright as time goes on. It's going to take a while to figure all this out.

Godzuki
10-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Steve Nash has been regressing the past few years, especially last year. Every Suns fan knows this. Dude looks old and is sloppy as f*** with the ball, especially the more minutes he plays... he starts trying to get fancy and ends up doing stupid s***, turning the ball over left and right. He often looks horrible at the end of games these days.

And when you consider Kobe's regression from last year, Pau's regression, MWP's suckness, Dwight being a 1 trick pony, and their terrible bench... yeah, the Lakers aren't winning a championship with this lineup. Period. I'll be surprised if they make the Finals.

Overhyped, overrated, over-age. This team would be amazing if the players on it were in their prime. But they're not.

Nash has looked real sloppy at times last 2 years~ but he also has looked himself a lot of times too. he's always had moments where he makes careless passes, gets picked, or just looks sloppy altogether especially when he's tired but i still think Nash is WAY better than he showed last night.

the problem is if you look at the floor when he has the ball theres no space in front of him. its all clogged. i can't recall one pick and roll last night with Nash and anyone else, and thats Nash's bread and butter, also one way for them to open up lanes. they have like 2-3 people collapsing on Dwight and if they keep trying to do these set post up's the lanes aren't going to be there. i honestly didn't see much room for NAsh to operate which just amounts to him dribbling and kicking to Pau on the perimeter for some J, just like every PG the Lakers have had has done. Sessions was a good player, he had a lot more game than his critics attacked him for, but the way the LAkers played it just always seemed clogged halfcourt iso's to kobe or one of their bigs, where PG's had very little driving room and just ran/stood around the perimeter. its stupid now that they don't have Bynum anymore with Dwight and Pau both being a lot more mobile as to why they're still playing that way.

i don't expect the Lakers to change despite preseason looking like shit and their first game being the same carryover, but thats why a lot of professional organizations are retarded. fans oftentimes seen stuff before organizations and very stubborn coaches are willing to react to them. they'll probably win a few games and pretend like they're back on track or validated but honestly this offense and halfcourt play is stupid in regards to their personnel now. even those shots Kobe made can't be relied on, and i can't imagine how bad they would've been beat if not for him burying them with hands in his face prayers. Dwight will play better i'm sure, its just they have a lot of issues and almost seem to be playing similarly to the last few years. i mean WTF is up with Artest still getting all of those looks like a 1st option at times? :facepalm :facepalm

scm5
10-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Steve Blake looked like Steve Nash out there last night.

Some of his passes were pretty sweet.

AlphaWolf24
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM

:lol

YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD YUP MAD

scm5
10-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Just more proof that Kobe's a one dimensional system player that can't adapt to new coaches. Take away GOAT coach Phil Jackson and his triangle offense and he gets badly exposed. First round exit for Lakers this year imho tbqh.

I don't get what you're talking about.

Kobe was efficient as hell last night, didn't force the issue, and let Nash/Pau/Dwight do their thing. He was unselfish and played well off the ball.

Kobe knows what to do, and can do it. We lost last night because Dwight and Hill hit 4/20 FT's and because Nash wasn't allowed to run the offense like he's capable of.

LongLiveTheKing
10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Steve Nash did look weird cutting around the court. And his defense isn't to good. Let Nash have the ball and let him work.

IGotACoolStory
10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Yep. Nash is like Peyton Manning. Just hand over the keys and let him run the offense. Don't force your system on him or you will make him and your team worse.

kNIOKAS
10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Steve Nash was brought in to make Steve Blake better.

daily
10-31-2012, 02:20 PM

This. All these good players didn't forget how to play ball, they just haven't learned to play as one unit

Defense will come around too, just takes time for teams to gel

LA_Showtime
10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Nash isn't going to put up great numbers this season. It's just not in the cards with the roster we have. At best he'll put up like 10/5, and even that's a stretch. What Nash does provide this team is a floor general and a guy who knows how to get people the ball. The fact that he takes the ball out of Kobe's hands more than justifies his signing this summer. He won't put up big numbers this year, but trust me, his presence will be felt.

IGOTGAME
10-31-2012, 04:03 PM
It's an interesting transition from him. He's never really been on a traditional team like this. He's also been on teams that exploit mismatches, spread the floor, and were ready to run at a moment's notice.

It'll be interesting to see if Nash can adjust to this.
And has never looked great outside the pick and roll. I'm worried about Nash. He just may be too old to pull his weight. Sucks when opposing pg has a post up or 19 foot open jumper Everytime nash is on the floor.

All Net
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I just hope Mike Brown doesn't ruin him and turn him into just another better verision of Steve Blake.

IGOTGAME
10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
I just hope Mike Brown doesn't ruin him and turn him into just another better verision of Steve Blake.
It's not Brown. Why can't nash be efficient in this offense and play defense. That is on him. You don't tailor your offense around a guy who can't play 30 minutes per game consistently and is clearly not able to handle the full time role.

Nash needs to suck it up, limit turnovers, hit shots and play defense.y

ispin69
10-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Nash doesn't look as good probably because they aren't running and gunning as much as he was in phoenix.

funnystuff
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Games against the Clips, Celtics, and elite PG teams will expose the Lakers.

Nash's defense is a huge liability.