PDA

View Full Version : Lets keep it real ISH, and Laker fans...

oh the horror
10-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Mike Brown is not suited to coach this Laker team.

You know it, and I know it. Aside from the talent themselves blundering around....Coach Brown is the type of dude that should be coaching a young team. Not a veteran squad.

Our worries are coming to fruition.....Mike Brown (while not the only reason they look bad) is NOT a great coach.

Hank
10-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Miami Heatles >>>>>> LA Fakers

oh the horror
10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Miami Heatles >>>>>> LA Fakers

Right....right....except the fact that they also (during their first year together) started 9-8

Remember that?

I<3NBA
10-31-2012, 01:52 AM
Right....right....except the fact that they also (during their first year together) started 9-8

Remember that?
remember also

Heat Fans: Spoelstra is not the coach for this Heat team.

remember that? maybe you should give Mike Brown a chance too like the Heat gave Spoelstra one.

DaSeba5
10-31-2012, 01:57 AM

Remember that?

Our problems were more on offense:

Who's going to take the last shot? A ton of Iso offense. The team didn't run as much their first year because they played with big old centers like Big Z.
The defense was good from the start because the big 3 were already good defenders in their primes plus the Heat's defensive system is great.

It took them a couple of years to fix it, but LA doesn't have that long of a window. However, their players fit together more and they can make it work.

In the Lakers, I know that offense will be good. It's the defense that looks atrocious. Nash is such a defensive liability that it's not going to improve that much. Dallas made it look easy. When they let Dallas run on them, they looked old and slow.

Kobe 4 The Win
10-31-2012, 02:02 AM
I hate overreacting to things this early in the year but in this case it is just facing reality.

Mike Brown will not make it to the All Star break. I don't want to hear any bullshit about the long haul and injuries, etc. LA has too much talent and too big of a payroll to lose 9 games in a row to start the year. They should have rolled on Dallas without it's only 2 good players. Instead they were beaten handily. This "offense" was a bad idea and as time wears on we are going to see that Mike Brown and the offense aren't a good fit for the personnel here.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong.

swag2011
Defense is a BIG problem for the Lakers. Mike Brown is supposed to be a defensive coach, but last year i didn't see a great D team, and i'm still not too confident about this year being a great D team, even with Howard.

Nash is horrible on D, yes, But Fisher was no better. Lakers always got beat by point guards. Our interior D being sh*tty this game was inexcusable though.

Jerry Sloan..... Jim Buss, call him.

BlueandGold

You know it, and I know it. Aside from the talent themselves blundering around....Coach Brown is the type of dude that should be coaching a young team. Not a veteran squad.

Our worries are coming to fruition.....Mike Brown (while not the only reason they look bad) is NOT a great coach.
I agree, and even in the first game (and the entire preseason) it showed with Nash since Brown has no idea how to use Nash (who is still a liability on defense), or any player who's primary mode of contribution to the team is his offense.

Forget great coach, Brown isn't even a good coach and on offense he's barely at mediocre, if not a little under. I've ever seen anybody look so lost on improvisation (on the spot) offensive plays that all coaches have to draw up in close playoff games. Since you need to tailor fit the play to the exact scenario and playoff atmosphere that your team finds itself in, which can be extremely different even from game to game in the postseason.

Kobe and Gasol played at least up to par since they have great chemistry, Dwight did because he at least fits in defensively and is a force of athletic nature but Nash seemed lost because Brown seemed lost.. and great PGs have to be an extension of the coach on the court, and since there is essentially no coach on the court during offensive possessions (not a head coach anyways, maybe a few assistants know what their doing), one of the greatest PGs of all time ends up looking like a little kid who got lost at the mall.

TheeBeast
This team doesn't need Mike Brown to be a great coach

Our players just need time to learn how to play with each other. Nash n Kobe will figure it all out.

Clippersfan86
10-31-2012, 02:03 AM
Trade you Vinny for Mike?

rhythmic
10-31-2012, 02:03 AM
Our problems were more on offense:

Who's going to take the last shot? A ton of Iso offense. The team didn't run as much their first year because they played with big old centers like Big Z.
The defense was good from the start because the big 3 were already good defenders in their primes plus the Heat's defensive system is great.

It took them a couple of years to fix it, but LA doesn't have that long of a window. However, their players fit together more and they can make it work.

In the Lakers, I know that offense will be good. It's the defense that looks atrocious. Nash is such a defensive liability that it's not going to improve that much. Dallas made it look easy. When they let Dallas run on them, they looked old and slow.

Once Howard regains his quickness, our defense will be fine. He made the Magic a top defensive team with rubbish like Nelson, Hedo, Richardson and Anderson on the team.

Kobe is a good perimeter defender and so is MWP. Gasol can at-least alter shots due to his height and is a solid shot blocker + rebounder.

What we need to do is run the offense through Nash, give more playing time to Ebanks and get more production from Jamison/Meeks. Preferably sign a backup point guard so Blake gets no minutes on the floor.

We'll be fine, this forum always overreacts over everything.

G-Funk
10-31-2012, 02:05 AM
lets give it 20 games, i think 1 game is a little too soon

clipps
10-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Laker fan: Mike brown is not a great coach

Translated: let's use Mike Brown as an excuse to losing to Clippers in the playoffs.

swag2011
10-31-2012, 02:11 AM

Translated: let's use Mike Brown as an excuse to losing to Clippers in the playoffs.

lol never that. Clippers and playoffs in the same sentence is still hilarious to me.

Legends66NBA7
10-31-2012, 02:11 AM
I even said it during the preseason games that the main problem is Mike Brown. He doesn't make right adjustments nor does he know how to run an offense. Even Kevin Harlan or Reggie Miller started saying "what are they running out there ?" at one point.

Might as well let Eddie Jordan take over for offense and let Mike Brown handle the defensive side. Though, this Laker team still needs some time to gel and get their game legs back. Doesn't help that Howard and Kobe are still banged up.

BlueandGold
10-31-2012, 02:13 AM
This team doesn't need Mike Brown to be a great coach

Our players just need time to learn how to play with each other. Nash n Kobe will figure it all out.
Yea but a coach is suppose to provide the framework for that to happen under. A coach is an incredibly crucial role on the court and I'm seriously shocked at how undervalued/underrated their role on a team continues to be for the casual NBA fan.

The coach(and coaching staff/trainers) are the ones who provide all of the structural information to the players. Without the coaches there would be no offensive scheme/system to play out of, there would be no planning of defensive assignments pre-game, no game plan, no advanced scouting, no defensive system, the list goes on. And possibility more importantly the coach is suppose to be the calming force and moral and philosophical teacher of the team. Without a coach the team has no identity, no philosophy to believe in.

Granted the argument could be made that Brown has only been given a lockout shortened season in which a crucial glue-guy was traded away from what it appeared to be nothing (but flipped into Nash).. but either way 60+ regular season games and two playoff series is definitely a large enough sample size to tell if he's at least has the potential in him or not and from what i've seen so far there's nothing that indicates Brown does.

I even said it during the preseason games that the main problem is Mike Brown. He doesn't make right adjustments nor does he know how to run an offense. Even Kevin Harlan or Reggie Miller started saying "what are they running out there ?" at one point.

Might as well let Eddie Jordan take over for offense and let Mike Brown handle the defensive side. Though, this Laker team still needs some time to gel and get their game legs back. Doesn't help that Howard and Kobe are still banged up.

That can't be healthy for the locker room.. who would be the true head coach in that sense? Even in the NFL where you have strictly offensive and defensive players that causes problems *See Wade Phillips/Jason Garnett situation on the Dallas Cowboys 2007/2008 season.

TheeBeast

Its a fact. Or do you actually disagree? :eek:

talkingconch
still waiting for howard to return to season form. I have no fear about this team, they will get it together.

DaSeba5
10-31-2012, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

EllEffEll
10-31-2012, 02:23 AM
Dallas has 9 new players, Dirk is out, and Eddie Curry just joined the tea, yet they kick the Lakers butt in Los Angeles. Dwight's free throws were far beyond the usual horrendous (3-14), Nash looked mostly out of sync or downright lost, Kobe was cruising (but did look pissed exiting the arena after the game), and he doesn't even like cruising in practice, and as usual the Laker bench gets outscored by 20.

The highlight of the night for me was seeing Kobe's face as he left the floor way ahead of the rest of the team.

No two ways about it, the Lakers laid an enormous egg tonight.

Dallas should be the team with the excuses, but instead they go out and take care of business on the road.

Nevaeh
10-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Dallas has 9 new players, Dirk is out, and Eddie Curry just joined the tea, yet they kick the Lakers butt in Los Angeles. Dwight's free throws were far beyond the usual horrendous (3-14), Nash looked mostly out of sync or downright lost, Kobe was cruising (but did look pissed exiting the arena after the game), and he doesn't even like cruising in practice, and as usual the Laker bench gets outscored by 20.

The highlight of the night for me was seeing Kobe's face as he left the floor way ahead of the rest of the team.

No two ways about it, the Lakers laid an enormous egg tonight.

Dallas should be the team with the excuses, but instead they go out and take care of business on the road.

And therein lies the problem. Kobe's a sh!tty leader and always has been. Peeps already mentioned his pedestrian stat line earlier. How the hell do you have 0 assists with Dwight, Pau and Nash on your team?

Legends66NBA7
10-31-2012, 02:53 AM
And therein lies the problem. Kobe's a sh!tty leader and always has been. Peeps already mentioned his pedestrian stat line earlier. How the hell do you have 0 assists with Dwight, Pau and Nash on your team?

... And there he is. :cheers:

bluechox2
10-31-2012, 02:55 AM
i think tonight he was kinda cocky as if he is ok with the chemistry but the other 3 guys need to gel together, while i can mindlessly integrate anytime...so he played the bail out guy role just trying to finish up the other guys mistakes...

it can explain the high fg% due to teams focused more on the others and the 0 assists

AK47DR91
10-31-2012, 03:05 AM
There aren't too many head coaches in the league that should actually be "coaching" their teams. Do what Miami did and let the leader on the team make the calls.

Yes, LeBron is the real coach in Miami, not Spo.

Nevaeh
10-31-2012, 03:13 AM
... And there he is. :cheers:

You a trip Legends. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

I ain't lying though. Phil and D-Fish were the Leaders of those Champ teams.

Mr Exlax
10-31-2012, 08:44 AM

You just realized that lol? I said this as soon as they got him last season lol. He's the only reason they lost to OKC IMO.

Glide2keva
10-31-2012, 09:10 AM
One game though.

rhythmic
10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
One game though.

But we can tell that Nash will average 7 points and 4 assists for the entire season if they keep utilizing him the way they did last night. At times, I didn't even see a difference between Nash and Blake being the floor.

Kobe is also being under-utilized, he is a great play-maker yet hardly even gets a chance to set teammates up. It seems like Pau is our point guard all the sudden. :rolleyes:

IGOTGAME
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
still waiting for howard to return to season form. I have no fear about this team, they will get it together.
I'm worried about Nash. He is so old and bad at defense. He also doesn't warrant having the ball like in Phx. Reason Jkidd was a better pg was that he could thrive in any offense.

Bigsmoke
10-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Lakers fans crying.

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

Mr. Incredible
10-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Problem is you can't guard anyone and your bench is weak

toxicxr6
10-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Kobe
Gasol
Mwp
Nash

What do they all have in common?
They are all well past their prime and regressing. And in most of them they have already regressed significantly since their prime.

I also think it could be debatable that Howard is past his prime too.. I mean he shouldn't be.. But nobody knows the toss a series of injuries can take on the body..many player dont make it back to peak form.

This lakers team has very little chance in restricting the top teams. Who all possess quick and explosive offence. They just don't have the stamina and leg speed.

I'm not trolling here. But I don't think the lakers will finish top 4 in the west.

longtime lurker
10-31-2012, 10:43 AM

You clearly have issues.

iDunk
10-31-2012, 10:48 AM
They should hire Mike D'Antoni :lol

lilgodfather1
10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Brown is likely the worst offensive coach in the NBA, but he was always a very good defensive coach. He made a team that started Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, LeBron (before he was a good defender), Drew Gooden, and Z a top defensive team. Other than Snow that team had no good defender, and Snow wasn't that good lol.

The Lakers defense will be fine, but the Cavs offense never got good until he handed the reigns to Malone.

Brown is a coach that is best suited coaching a team from the ground up imo. He can install his defense in the team early on in the process. I think he'd be great with the Hornets.

One last thing he will make 0 adjustments in game even if it is a glaring problem that a 7 year old can see.

HEAT111
10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Levity
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Reggie Miller said it best last night. Lakers have a $100 million dollar team, led by a $3 million dollar coach.

Doctor Rivers
10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
You clearly have issues.

He likes Kobe too much.

NumberSix
10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Mike Brown doesn't have what it takes to coach a phukking high school team. How this guy is employed as an NBA coach is phukking mind boggling.

BlueandGold
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
BTW not to say i told you so but i did ****ing say this right when they picked him over Shaw (who even ESPN analysts say should have a head coaching job soon). Seriously could see this coming a mile away.

All Net
10-31-2012, 03:56 PM
BTW not to say i told you so but i did ****ing say this right when they picked him over Shaw (who even ESPN analysts say should have a head coaching job soon). Seriously could see this coming a mile away.

99% of Laker fans don't like Mike Brown and are worried about his coaching so yes it is a concern.

NumberSix
10-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow. You predicted that Mike Brown is a garbage coach.

On another note. Are you the superior officer who gives Captain Obvious his orders?

hawke812
10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
It's only one game. Don't worry, Mike Brown WILL become the GOAT black coach:rockon:

Legends66NBA7
10-31-2012, 03:59 PM
You a trip Legends. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

I ain't lying though. Phil and D-Fish were the Leaders of those Champ teams.

Oh, I don't disagree with your post.

I was just wondering where were you earlier when the Lakers lost. Thought you would have field day with Kobe's stat line.

:oldlol:

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Oh, I don't disagree with your post.

I was just wondering where were you earlier when the Lakers lost. Thought you would have field day with Kobe's stat line.

Well, I just discovered that I received 3 straight negs in this Thread alone, so it's probably for the best that I stayed away from the other ones.
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

You would think that the fans of a "God" wouldn't give 2 sh!ts about the opinions of a peasant like me.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

RRR3
11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Well, I just discovered that I received 3 straight negs in this Thread alone, so it's probably for the best that I stayed away from the other ones.

You would think that the fans of a "God" wouldn't give 2 sh!ts about the opinions of a peasant like me.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Heavincent
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Calling Kobe a shitty leader is a pretty stupid. Just saying.

Legends66NBA7
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Well, it is a Laker/Kobe heavy board.

I got neg from some Kobe stan "Kobe > Your Mama"... for me complementing Kobe on a possible all-time record. What the hell... :lol

I repped, so it's cool. Rep here isn't worth that much here anyways... but still.

RRR3
11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Well, it is a Laker/Kobe heavy board.

I got neg from some Kobe stan "Kobe > Your Mama"... for me complementing Kobe on a possible all-time record. What the hell... :lol
You didn't compliment him enough, clearly.

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
You didn't compliment him enough, clearly.

Yeah, poor Legends probably forgot his mandatory "Hail Godbe" at the end of his post, or some sh!t. Just watched Valkyrie last night, and the parallels with those soldiers and some of these Stans here is almost frightening.

RRR3
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah, poor Legends probably forgot his mandatory "Hail Godbe" at the end of his post, or some sh!t. Just watched Valkyrie last night, and the parallels with those soldiers and some of these Stans here is almost frightening.
:lol Explain the Valkyrie reference please?

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Calling Kobe a shitty leader is a pretty stupid. Just saying.

Dude, I've watched my share of Laker games and how your boy has a legacy of throwing everybody under the bus but himself. How many times has he taken a retarded shot and then glared at his teammates as if they did something wrong?

"Ship his ass outta here" is not good leadership, no matter how you try to color it. And that's just one example.

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
:lol Explain the Valkyrie reference please?

Valkyrie is a movie from 2008 starring Tom Cruise, based on 1943 Germany. In it, he plays one of a group of commanding officers who are plotting the murder and eventual take down of Hitler and the existing Nazi regime. I'll let you make a deduction from there. Great movie, and not as "Action Packed" as I thought it would be. More of a suspense drama with a few action sequences.

NumberSix
Dude, I've watched my share of Laker games and how your boy has a legacy of throwing everybody under the bus but himself. How many times has he taken a retarded shot and then glared at his teammates as if they did something wrong?

"Ship his ass outta here" is not good leadership, no matter how you try to color it. And that's just one example.
This.

Kobe is a great player, but has absolutely no leadership skills whatsoever. EVERYBODY knows that.

Heavincent

So is Jordan a shitty leader too? You know, since he threw plenty of his teammates under the bus.

Quote:
........................"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

Quote:
"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

Quote:
"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

Quote:
"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

Quote:
"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

Quote:
"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

Quote:
"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

Quote:
I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

Quote:
"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

Quote:
"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

Quote:
"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

Quote:
"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

Quote:
"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

Quote:
"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

Quote:
"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

Quote:
"Give me the fu*king ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

Quote:
"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

Quote:
"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

Quote:
"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

Quote:
"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

Quote:
"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

Quote:
"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

Quote:
"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

Quote:
"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

Quote:
"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

Quote:
"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue - AWESOME!

Quote:
"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"..........

Quote:
"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

Quote:
"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

Quote:
"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

Quote:
"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

Quote:
"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

Quote:
"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

upside24
11-06-2012, 06:43 PM
So is Jordan a shitty leader too? You know, since he threw plenty of his teammates under the bus.
Everybody knows MJ is a dick but nice quotes.
Kobe is a dick too. It is what it is.

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 06:50 PM

When you lead your team to 2 sets of 3-peats as the MVP of every one of those teams, you must be doing something right. When you b!tch out your team, even while you're playing like crap, you're not in a position to say sh!t.
Why don't you post MJ's stats when these quotes were made too, while you're at it, smart ass.

KyrieTheFuture
11-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Both Kobe and Jordan are horrendous leaders who were offset by the brilliance of Phil Jackson. It is this reason why I would never want either of them on my team if I made one right now and could choose any player in history.

Heavincent
11-06-2012, 06:52 PM
When you lead your team to 2 sets of 3-peats as the MVP of every one of those teams, you must be doing something right. When you b!tch out your team, even while you're playing like crap, you're not in a position to say sh!t.
Why don't you post MJ's stats when these quotes were made too, while you're at it, smart ass.

When you win 5 rings and become a top 10 player of all time, you must be doing something right.

Why don't you post Kobe's stats when that Bynum quote was made too, while you're at it, smart ass.

upside24
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Both Kobe and Jordan are horrendous leaders who were offset by the brilliance of Phil Jackson. It is this reason why I would never want either of them on my team if I made one right now and could choose any player in history.
:lol You not like winning or something?

KyrieTheFuture
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
:lol You not like winning or something?
There are better options to build a team around. I wouldn't complain if Jordan was on my team too loudly but he's not even in my top 5 for choices probably.

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 06:57 PM
When you win 5 rings and become a top 10 player of all time, you must be doing something right.

Why don't you post Kobe's stats when that Bynum quote was made too, while you're at it, smart ass.

I asked first, you deflective little cry baby.

And being carried in 3 of your Finals wins is nothing to brag about, just so you know.

Heavincent
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
I asked first, you deflective little cry baby.

And being carried in 3 of your Finals wins is nothing to brag about, just so you know.

Yeah, Kobe being a top 10 player ever isn't really impressive at all. Nothing to brag about really.

Are you retarded or something? Or does your weird, obsessive hatred of Kobe just blind you? Get a grip man.

upside24
11-06-2012, 07:05 PM
There are better options to build a team around. I wouldn't complain if Jordan was on my team too loudly but he's not even in my top 5 for choices probably.
I get exactly what you mean.

Larry and Magic are good choices since they made their teammates better more so IMO than Jordan or Kobe.

It's just surprising to hear someone say Jordan wouldn't been an early pick. I can understand someone not wanting Kobe.

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah, Kobe being a top 10 player ever isn't really impressive at all. Nothing to brag about really.

Are you retarded or something? Or does your weird, obsessive hatred of Kobe just blind you? Get a grip man.

You see my posts as "hate". Others (like Legends for example) don't. You see my posts as weird and "obsessive" because they cut you to the bone. I never see you in other threads b!tching about anti-Kobe posters. Face it, I'm in your head boy, and you just can't handle it. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

KyrieTheFuture
11-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I get exactly what you mean.

Larry and Magic are good choices since they made their teammates better more so IMO than Jordan or Kobe.

It's just surprising to hear someone say Jordan wouldn't been an early pick. I can understand someone not wanting Kobe.

I'm of the opinion that Jordan was very fortunate, not lucky mind you, fortunate to play with Scottie Pippen. He was literally the perfect complement to him both in terms of skill and mindset. Larry and Magic are probably 1a and 1b for me.

upside24
11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm of the opinion that Jordan was very fortunate, not lucky mind you, fortunate to play with Scottie Pippen. He was literally the perfect complement to him both in terms of skill and mindset. Larry and Magic are probably 1a and 1b for me.
Pip definitely wasn't a slouch.

The same could be argued for Magic having Kareem and Bird having McHale, Parish, and Johnson. Kobe for Shaq and LeBron for Wade and Bosh. Hell, Shaq for having Kobe and Wade.

It's clear you can't win it alone but if any player ever could it would be Jordan IMO.

Edit: Nowitzki and Hakeem kinda did it though.

KyrieTheFuture
11-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Pip definitely wasn't a slouch.

The same could be argued for Magic having Kareem and Bird having McHale, Parish, and Johnson. Kobe for Shaq and LeBron for Wade and Bosh. Hell, Shaq for having Kobe and Wade.

It's clear you can't win it alone but if any player ever could it would be Jordan IMO.

Edit: Nowitzki and Hakeem kinda did it though.
I agree with the first part that they were all fortunate to play with who they did but for instance Jordan and Kareem could never play together. I think it took a very special type of person not player to work with Jordan. Winning alone is a ridiculous illusion even if you are the only man on offense a la Dirk you are aided by amazing team defense. It is never ever a singular effort.

Heavincent
11-06-2012, 07:16 PM
You see my posts as "hate". Others (like Legends for example) don't. You see my posts as weird and "obsessive" because they cut you to the bone. I never see you in other threads b!tching about anti-Kobe posters. Face it, I'm in your head boy, and you just can't handle it. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

You can post whatever you damn well please. I just think your opinions on Kobe are ridiculously stupid and your agenda is blatantly obvious. That's all.

Nevaeh
11-06-2012, 07:21 PM
You can post whatever you damn well please. I just think your opinions on Kobe are ridiculously stupid and your agenda is blatantly obvious. That's all.

Yet you keep responding to me for some odd reason. I don't reply to every stupid thing you post, because I know you have your own opinions also. Just put me on ignore and keep it moving, if I rattle you that much.

upside24
11-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I agree with the first part that they were all fortunate to play with who they did but for instance Jordan and Kareem could never play together. I think it took a very special type of person not player to work with Jordan. Winning alone is a ridiculous illusion even if you are the only man on offense a la Dirk you are aided by amazing team defense. It is never ever a singular effort.
Having Jordan as your main guy may limit the potential of another talent on the team since Jordan plays his own game while Magic would enhance others.

Defense is obviously important but his best teammates were far past their prime. Being the primary defensive assignment of as many players as they can put on you and still shitting on them is going above and beyond. Without Dirk would they have even made the Western Finals? You can't honestly believe yes.

rodman91
11-06-2012, 08:32 PM
How come it became another Jordan argument? :lol

I don't think Brown is right guy for Lakers.. with that said, he is better than many coaches in the league. I think this Lakers team needs someone players would respect and able draw personal offensive plans for them. Like Pat Riley was on heat in 06.

What worries me defense personally. Steve Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Metta are too old and slow defensively.Metta plays good defense time to time.It's more like one man defense : Howard.

upside24
11-06-2012, 08:42 PM
How come it became another Jordan argument? :lol

I don't think Brown is right guy for Lakers.. with that said, he is better than many coaches in the league. I think this Lakers team needs someone players would respect and able draw personal offensive plans for them. Like Pat Riley was on heat in 06.

What worries me defense personally. Steve Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Metta are too old and slow defensively.Metta plays good defense time to time.It's more like one man defense : Howard.
My bad. Was shocked.:lol

KyrieTheFuture
11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Having Jordan as your main guy may limit the potential of another talent on the team since Jordan plays his own game while Magic would enhance others.

Defense is obviously important but his best teammates were far past their prime. Being the primary defensive assignment of as many players as they can put on you and still shitting on them is going above and beyond. Without Dirk would they have even made the Western Finals? You can't honestly believe yes.

Oh no I don't think that at all. Dirk carried the squad I'm just saying his teammates weren't scrubs. Don't forget how well Terry played.

And to the point about the Lakers, it's 100% true that Dwight is a one man defense. You can't fix that no matter who coaches.

upside24
11-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh no I don't think that at all. Dirk carried the squad I'm just saying his teammates weren't scrubs. Don't forget how well Terry played.

And to the point about the Lakers, it's 100% true that Dwight is a one man defense. You can't fix that no matter who coaches.
Terry was great and Marion played great defense throughout, I'm saying he had some help. It wasn't Dirk and the Bobcats squad.

The offensive responsibility he had every night and fulfilled nearly every game and that 48 pointer was a masterpiece.:cheers:

takai
11-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I say give it time. The Lakers will be winning soon enough.

ihoopallday
11-06-2012, 10:49 PM

I know you're a Nets fan, but is Kobe your favorite player or something? You do post a lot in threads related to him.

Lebron23
11-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I know you're a Nets fan, but is Kobe your favorite player or something? You do post a lot in threads related to him.

He loves Kobe.

Heavincent
11-06-2012, 11:22 PM

I felt live we've been over this before.

Yes, Kobe is my favorite player.

hawke812
11-07-2012, 12:14 AM

Are you telling me the future GOAT black coach is not good enough to coach the lakers:facepalm

ihoopallday
11-07-2012, 01:26 AM
I felt live we've been over this before.

Yes, Kobe is my favorite player.

:lol Just trying to see if you would remember. Btw, no problem with you being a Nets fan and Kobe fan. I don't see why people make a huge deal out of it. What do you expect the Nets to do this year?