PDA

View Full Version : Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm using the power of my beautiful new red dot....lol, to say what must be said, It doesn't matter who we get on this team if we have a video coordinator as a head coach.....he may as well be the janitor.....I suspect the janitor could do a better job. Him at coach is like giving the best race car to a drivers ed student and expecting to win the biggest race of the year........not gonna happen, no how, no way. Hate this if you want.....defend Brown all you want but I told all of you the day they hired him that he was not a real coach, I said even the biggest homer/defender would eventually see the obvious......the time is now.....I am beyond done!!!! I thought I heard something about the players hating the new offense....no shock there!!! It is time guys, it is time!!!!!

(Since kk has a Sith Lightsaber of red as someone called it, does this mean he has more power than me??? :oldlol:) :cheers:

Bosnian Sajo
10-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Its sad, who in the right mind thought it would be smart to stick with coach Brown, I mean really...the man is stupid as hell. I'd rather have our assistant Eddie Jordan run the team than Mike Brown. Nate McMillan, Jerry Sloan, Mike D'antoni, Jeff Van Gundy, and Flip Saunders are all available. Some of those names aren't exactly first ballot coaches, but ANY of them would do over Brown. McMillan, Sloan, and JVG would do good with this Laker team imo.

BallsOut
10-31-2012, 01:51 AM
I've seen just about enough of this clown of a coach, Mike Brown. First off I'm sure he had a big say in why the Lakers didn't sign Leandro Barbosa and cut Chris Douglas Roberts (the guy who avged 17ppg a few seasons ago). Look at what Barbosa did tonight against the Heat, 16 points on 6-7 shooting all in the 4th quarter alone. Miami had no answer for him. How the hell do you not sign the guy? He's a 39% 3pt FG shooter for his career and had a hell of an Olympics for Brazil. How much of a no-brainer is that?

With such a terrible bench, you'd think his dumbass would be a lot smarter and keep or get guys that can actually score for the 2nd unit. Instead no, we're stuck with Steve ****ing Blake who can't even avoid spike strips while walking in the parking lot at the mall and Jamison at the 3 spot when Barnes was cut for the SOLE purpose of letting Ebanks take his spot. Not only did Ebanks not play tonight, World Peace played 36 minutes as the SF, nice rotation dude :facepalm

The team as it stands is not championship calibur. You think back to the last two championships, they had wings that could actually run, defend, were versatile and be explosive, guys like Odom, Ariza, even Shannon Brown. Now you got slow old guys like MWP and Jamison, and Ebanks who doesn't even get playing time.

Not only that, you force Steve Nash, a guy who has played small ball his entire career to walk it up the court with a prime Dwight Howard. He loses all of his magic when you force him to play a half court game, that's why the Suns could never get passed the Spurs in the playoffs. Mike Brown doesn't know how to utilize his player's strengths. Give him free reign to run all the pick n rolls he wants, you can lie to the media but not to real fans that watch the game.

God, I have not seen a coach as bad as this guy in all my days. Spare me the optimistic crap, I've had enough of seeing this guy running the Laker's franchise and Kobe's last days into the ground.

Fire Mike Brown as soon as possible. This so called "hybrid" Princeton offense looks more like a prince ton of shit to me.

kobesabi
10-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Ok, who out there is a better replacement at the moment?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-31-2012, 02:07 AM

There is 1 coaching god out there jobless... Call him & get the ring collection process start

Bosnian Sajo
10-31-2012, 03:01 AM

:coleman:

$LakerGold
10-31-2012, 06:13 AM
DK ... stop this non-sense. You got connections right? why don't you tell them lol

L.A. Jazz
10-31-2012, 09:55 AM
i dont know as much about coaching as some of you but my feeling last year told me to hire Rick Adelman. And with the additions of Nash and D12 it really sucks the Lakers didnt hire Adelman, because he is really good at using every players' strengths.

picc84
10-31-2012, 01:09 PM
He is unbearably bad. Its almost awe-inspiring. Either he is a genius interviewer or Jim Buss is an abysmal one. I'm amazed he talked his way into this job.

lakerfreak
10-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Im gonna ask to either make this, or the other thread for Mike Brown priority. One more Mike Brown thread and I begin to have to either lock, or delete...or whatever you get the picture.

Noone should have expected to see this team come out and play like they've been together for years. Because they haven't.

They had a good first half, melted in the second half.

lets look at some of these problems of what happened in the game.

1) Free throw shooting. If you think this wasn't a problem, then there's an even bigger problem lol. No one player should ever go 3/14. Psychologically that can change the momentum of the game.

The more missed free throws and dry spells that happened, it gave Dallas more time to figure things out.

2) The defense was terrible. I actually am sad to have to say this, but Bynum was a much stronger inside presence than Dwight. You can see Curry and Brand, two big guys, giving Dwight a hard time. We knew to expect this. They're just going to have to figure something else out.

Im not saying coaching great. There were great moments and there were bad moments. the bad moments unfortunately happened in the second half. Did we get outcoached? ABsolutely. Carlisle is a great coach, with great new players.

Anyways one last time im asking. No more MB threads. Thanks.

DKLaker
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Im gonna ask to either make this, or the other thread for Mike Brown priority. One more Mike Brown thread and I begin to have to either lock, or delete...or whatever you get the picture.

Noone should have expected to see this team come out and play like they've been together for years. Because they haven't.

They had a good first half, melted in the second half.

lets look at some of these problems of what happened in the game.

1) Free throw shooting. If you think this wasn't a problem, then there's an even bigger problem lol. No one player should ever go 3/14. Psychologically that can change the momentum of the game.

The more missed free throws and dry spells that happened, it gave Dallas more time to figure things out.

2) The defense was terrible. I actually am sad to have to say this, but Bynum was a much stronger inside presence than Dwight. You can see Curry and Brand, two big guys, giving Dwight a hard time. We knew to expect this. They're just going to have to figure something else out.

Im not saying coaching great. There were great moments and there were bad moments. the bad moments unfortunately happened in the second half. Did we get outcoached? ABsolutely. Carlisle is a great coach, with great new players.

Anyways one last time im asking. No more MB threads. Thanks.

With all due respect Lakerfreak, THIS thread is direct and to the point, it is straight up FIRE MIKE BROWN!!!!! no thread about his offense or defense, it is flat out we don't want to wait, we don't want to discuss.......we just want that useless S.O.B gone and don't give a damn where he goes as long as he goes. Now if you think any thread can articulate that point better than Fire Mike Brown.....then go for it. We don't want no damn :blah :blah :blah excuses, no lame reasons and none of this wait and see crap.
I seriously question the basketball I.Q of anyone who thinks this guy is a decent head coach. This supremely talented team needs at least a good coach.
Did you guys hear him speak in any interviews last night?
The guy is as dumb as dirt, an intelligent basketball thought never comes out of his mouth......this all goes back to the drunk who hired him in the first place......Jimmy. If he's a responsible owner he will pull the plug before this thing gets worse. Hey, the L.A Kings just won the championship after they fired their coach during the season......no reason on earth we can't do the same. Lucky for you I didn't have any booze or it might have said Fk Mike Brown....lol.
Lakerfreak....word to the wise....don't attempt to defend MB this year.
"Carslile is a great coach with great new players" :facepalm :banghead:

(Hey??? What happened to my red dot......I had more jokes to use :oldlol: )

kkinchen
10-31-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm using the power of my beautiful new red dot....lol, to say what must be said, It doesn't matter who we get on this team if we have a video coordinator as a head coach.....he may as well be the janitor.....I suspect the janitor could do a better job. Him at coach is like giving the best race car to a drivers ed student and expecting to win the biggest race of the year........not gonna happen, no how, no way. Hate this if you want.....defend Brown all you want but I told all of you the day they hired him that he was not a real coach, I said even the biggest homer/defender would eventually see the obvious......the time is now.....I am beyond done!!!! I thought I heard something about the players hating the new offense....no shock there!!! It is time guys, it is time!!!!!

(Since kk has a Sith Lightsaber of red as someone called it, does this mean he has more power than me??? :oldlol:) :cheers:

Its time to give Nash the keys to the offense. That's the adjustment. I hope also that Mike Brown gives less minutes to Metta and puts Meeks on the court with Nash and Bryant more. Meeks is ready to hoop on people. Those are the adjustments this team needs to make.

L.A. Jazz
10-31-2012, 04:09 PM
we should keep this thread for DKLaker, he could use it as outlet. because he will have to suffer for a long time. i dont see MB being fired any time soon.

:pimp:

$LakerGold
10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
To be honest .. I'm really not diggin Mike Brown and his Princeton offense. smh :facepalm

I had a coach in highschool that ran a F***** up system and had us spend 5-10 seconds up in half court. The point guard was like right near the logo and would either pass it to the SG or SF thats in both sides of the floor and if they couldn't find an opening they would pass it back to the PG. STUPID ASS SYSTEM. I wanted to yell at him for running this system, but I just couldn't. And I dont think I would be calm enough to talk to him about it. Sometimes the PG would get called for a backcourt violation. smh.

I F****** ran a pick & roll and he chewed my ass out for doin that ... sayin I have to run his plays. dude was weird as F***.

Google search "Mannheim Bisons" surprised the Womens made it to 1st place. THATS CUZ HE WASNT COACHING THEM.

This is what Kobe must been feeling for the past year. I remember when Mike Brown called a timeout when Kobe was about to do his thing. Which game was that?

Thank god for Martial Arts ... fighting in January.

Just sharin it to my Laker fam.

Da Kobester
10-31-2012, 05:03 PM
FU.CK THIS SLOW DOWN PRINCETON OFFENSE COZ LAST I CHECKED THEY NEVER WON A NCAA TITLE!:rant It doesn't fit the style of our high profiled superstars on this team so with that said FIRE MIKE BROWN AND EDDIE JORDAN!!! I am pissed:mad: and was SCREAMING watching the game on my MY NEW 55' plasma high def tv purchased 3 weeks ago in time to see this year's lakers to bring home the championship but instead this ignorant s.o.b coach mike brown and his ASS.istant coach eddie jordan aka "The thief of baghdad" is going to steal our most promising season away from us if we continue utilizing this slow down b.s. princeton scheme!

Let's dissect this princeton offense a bit shall we? Fact of the matter our players look confused and don't look comfortable with it doesn't matter if its our first game in october or 35th game in january coz the bottom line is it's downright atrocious! I find this to be disastrous in the long run averaging fewer points then last years team w/97 ppg's with our athletes getting off fewer field goal attempts (77) against our opponents mavs (85) when we have 4 of the top 20 players in this league starting for us. Furthermore don't hold your breaths for the lakers to make a run coz once you get in a slow mo reaction it negates the possibilities of our athletes to get energized and utilize their best strengths on offense thus leaving them flat throughout. Last I checked percentage wise the team with the most FGA's wins not fewer then their opponents giving them a chance to be in ball games or eventually up their leads to double digits leaving us in dire strait situations when we should be putting most of our opponents away and setting the pace of the game!

$LakerGold
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I swear ... people are now dishing out the fact that Princeton style offense never won an NCAA title ... ALL BECAUSE KENNY SMITH stated it last night :lol

L.A. Jazz
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I swear ... people are now dishing out the fact that Princeton style offense never won a NCCA title ... ALL BECAUSE KENNY SMITH stated it last night :lol
and he was told by his brother, i guess. :roll:

fiddy
10-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Brown needs to go.

daily
10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
and he was told by his brother, i guess. :roll: John Thompson III uses the Princeton system in Georgetown

For Nash it shouldn't be a problem because Gentry has been running it in Phoenix

$LakerGold
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
John Thompson III uses the Princeton system in Georgetown

For Nash it shouldn't be a problem because Gentry has been running it in Phoenix

Tweaked Triangle-Princeton.

daily
10-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Tweaked Triangle-Princeton. Everybody that uses it uses a tweaked version of it including the Lakers, that's why they call it a hybrid.

And the Lakers don't have to run it exclusively. As Kobe, Brown and Nash have all said Brown has given Nash the green light to use the system when he sees fit or not to use it if he sees something else.

Laker fans just need to understand these things don't happen just because they want them to :lol

Nash said before the season this was going to take all year to get to the point where everyone was on the same page, Howard has said it's a work in progress, Kobe and Mitch have echoed those statements.

Then one loss and Laker followers are jumping off of the roof:roll: :roll:

kobesabi
10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
we should keep this thread for DKLaker, he could use it as outlet. because he will have to suffer for a long time. i dont see MB being fired any time soon.

:pimp:
LOL. We could use it too. Hopefully don't have to rant much.

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Geez....12 straight losses for Mike Brown including playoffs. preseason and this season. Anyone think Phil, Sloan, Adelman, SVG.....or any good coach wouldn't be 2-0 this season???

kobesabi
11-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Fire Mike Brown NOW!!!!!!!!! He does not know how to make good adjustments.

0-2

o wait.

0-10

He needs BIG 15 to win, BIG 4 is not enough.

I think even if Mike Brown has Mami Heat team now, he still would lost more than winings. Even if he has 86' Chicago Bulls, I doubt he knows how to win championship. Players is one thing, but they don't deliver, head cockroach, have to make adjustment and use his players well. He can't just blame it all on players.

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Fire Mike Brown NOW!!!!!!!!! He does not know how to make good adjustments.

0-2

o wait.

0-10

He needs BIG 15 to win, BIG 4 is not enough.

I think even if Mike Brown has Mami Heat team now, he still would lost more than winings. Even if he has 86' Chicago Bulls, I doubt he knows how to win championship. Players is one thing, but they don't deliver, head cockroach, have to make adjustment and use his players well. He can't just blame it all on players.

:cheers:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Does Steve blake give potato head bl0w job every hour... Every day???

Why is this mutha fcuka playing so many mins???

Goudelock had a shot... Got rid of it.... CDR could score .... Got rid of him.... Barnes was let go cause ebanks need mins... But wait fcuking jamison is playing the :??? Why the fcuk would u play jamison at 3??? Instead of ebanks??? & jf ebanks was not good to get mins... Why let go of barnes????

Fcuk u murha fcuka Mike B1tch A$$ brown

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 02:14 AM

Goudelock had a shot... Got rid of it.... CDR could score .... Got rid of him.... Barnes was let go cause ebanks need mins... But wait fcuking jamison is playing the :??? Why the fcuk would u play jamison at 3??? Instead of ebanks??? & jf ebanks was not good to get mins... Why let go of barnes????

Dude, Brown is more in love with Blake than Phil was with Walton!!!

You are right about all of this......everything!!!

Potato Head must go!!!!

Frank Foley
11-01-2012, 02:51 AM
You guys are too funny. Mike Brown should be fired, but it's not because they went 0-8 in the preseason and lost two in a row to start this season. He should be fired because he's a really really (really really) awful coach who has predictable schemes, no creativity, and no clue with regard to rotations, managing minutes, or making adjustments. Other than that, he's fine.

The defense (allegedly Brown's forte) has been awful, but Dwight's very clearly not 100%. He had a lot of points tonight against an undersized Hickson and a rookie Leonard, but he wasn't finishing plays he'd normally smash; he even laid it up instead of dunking it several times, Divac-style. And this was especially obvious on defense, when he failed to hedge effectively on screen-rolls and lacked his usual ridiculous recovery speed. Once/if Dwight returns to normal, the defense will pick up, and the wins will accrue.

The offense shouldn't be blamed too much. The overeliance on the hybrid Princeton is a travesty when you have a magician like Nash on your team, but I'm hoping the staff learns to not run it as much when Nash is in the game. The Princeton should be utilized more when the bench is out there, since a lot of them are more dependent on getting shots through plays (so-called system players).

ANYWAY, this thread and the 37 other Brown threads are a bit of an overreaction. Mike Brown sucks, and overall he is a limiting factor on this team's potential (when a coach would ideally be the exact opposite), but this team will eventually figure it out and be a 2-3 seed, 55-ish win team. I'm more worried about the playoffs, when Brown's limitations as a strategist will be more exposed.

$LakerGold
11-01-2012, 06:34 AM
You guys should start wishing for the Lakers to lose 10 games in a row to get him fired.

L.A. Jazz
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Geez....12 straight losses for Mike Brown including playoffs. preseason and this season. Anyone think Phil, Sloan, Adelman, SVG.....or any good coach wouldn't be 2-0 this season???

do you think he is a good coach? i am not so sure about that and i dont want him to coach the Lakers.

takai
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Man, we better get our act together. Not sure who's fault it is, or what our problem is. But we need to fix it. But if we continue to lose like this, Brown is going to get the boot.

I say just let Coach Kobe coach.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/coach-kobe-bryant/coach-kobe-9.jpg

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 12:31 PM
do you think he is a good coach? i am not so sure about that and i dont want him to coach the Lakers.

Lol....that's a fair enough comment from you....lol, ok....I've been watching the Potato Head so long I'm getting desperate :oldlol:

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 12:49 PM
You guys are too funny. Mike Brown should be fired, but it's not because they went 0-8 in the preseason and lost two in a row to start this season. He should be fired because he's a really really (really really) awful coach who has predictable schemes, no creativity, and no clue with regard to rotations, managing minutes, or making adjustments. Other than that, he's fine.

The defense (allegedly Brown's forte) has been awful, but Dwight's very clearly not 100%. He had a lot of points tonight against an undersized Hickson and a rookie Leonard, but he wasn't finishing plays he'd normally smash; he even laid it up instead of dunking it several times, Divac-style. And this was especially obvious on defense, when he failed to hedge effectively on screen-rolls and lacked his usual ridiculous recovery speed. Once/if Dwight returns to normal, the defense will pick up, and the wins will accrue.

The offense shouldn't be blamed too much. The overeliance on the hybrid Princeton is a travesty when you have a magician like Nash on your team, but I'm hoping the staff learns to not run it as much when Nash is in the game. The Princeton should be utilized more when the bench is out there, since a lot of them are more dependent on getting shots through plays (so-called system players).

ANYWAY, this thread and the 37 other Brown threads are a bit of an overreaction. Mike Brown sucks, and overall he is a limiting factor on this team's potential (when a coach would ideally be the exact opposite), but this team will eventually figure it out and be a 2-3 seed, 55-ish win team. I'm more worried about the playoffs, when Brown's limitations as a strategist will be more exposed.

FF, I love your well thought out, well worded posts :cheers:

Mike Brown is getting worse by the day and It's very obvious that none of the players have any faith in him.....why should they, and this effects their on court play as well. I am not nearly as confident as you that this will be a 55 win team, much less a 2-3 seed with the moron as a head coach.
Frustration will be greater this year because we have so much talent and everyone rightfully expects this team to at least get to the finals......
Stay tuned for a team mutiny of epic proportions....there was a mutiny last year but this one will be much, much bigger.

Overreaction? When you have talent this great and a coach this inept, incompetent, clueless, useless, stupid, idiotic, is there such a thing as a "non violent" worded overreaction from Lakers fans......I say NO :no:
Is is worthy of more than 3 threads....probably not, I think all comments can be contained within 2-3 threads......but there is just that much realization out there and real anger.

You are 100% correct that in the playoffs this idiot....if he survives the season, will be badly out-coached AGAIN and we will lose....no question about it.

If anyone wants to create a thread defending Mike Brown, have at it.......I love a good laugh. :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM

this is not about just 2 loses....this is about how the loses took place. Here are my points:

1. There is no effort or energy in the team. 1st game of the season and it looked like they are just going through the motions

2. nobody has clue where they should be on offense or what play to call or where to be on offense. Training camp started on Oct 1st and they had 3-4 weeks to train. even if all the 5 starters didnt practice together they should have basic 5-10 plays in their head which they can call when confused.

3. Rotations: What kind of rotations is it? even if its only 2 games + preseason...you can tell Jamison is not a 3. The dude doesnt play defense at all and is up there in age and is getting abused playing the 3. Mike brown should know this and adapt...instead of having a rigid view and sticking to it.

4. Defense: we got mike brown because of his defense but look what these team did to his team. Both of these team wont make playoffs but scored at will on him....I remember 1 play where batum basically took 2-3 steps and dunk the ball. Hickson scored at will on Dwight.

5. Age of starters: they are all up there in age and are having injuries. They should not play 40 mins 2 games that are back to back.

6. Bench: You develop the bench during preseason and during early part of the season. Bench should be able to score and defense is bonus...somehow we dont have any scorers on the bench cause the utilization is incorrect. you cant freaking play a 4 at 3 and 3 at 2...a 2 you signed to shoot in the offseason doesnt get any minutes because of this.

7. Nash play: You are asking a 2 time MVP to walk the ball up....dump it to the bigs and go camp on the side 3 pt line or at the top....thats bull s$!t if you ask me

I can come up with 10 more reasons like this but I am at work. with Phil even if you lose couple you would be calm and know that they will get their act together when the time comes....

but with this chump who himself doesnt know what he is doing??? how can u trust this guy???

Friday is definitely a loss...you can count on it...

lakerfreak
11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
With all due respect Lakerfreak, THIS thread is direct and to the point, it is straight up FIRE MIKE BROWN!!!!! no thread about his offense or defense, it is flat out we don't want to wait, we don't want to discuss.......we just want that useless S.O.B gone and don't give a damn where he goes as long as he goes. Now if you think any thread can articulate that point better than Fire Mike Brown.....then go for it. We don't want no damn :blah :blah :blah excuses, no lame reasons and none of this wait and see crap.
I seriously question the basketball I.Q of anyone who thinks this guy is a decent head coach. This supremely talented team needs at least a good coach.
Did you guys hear him speak in any interviews last night?
The guy is as dumb as dirt, an intelligent basketball thought never comes out of his mouth......this all goes back to the drunk who hired him in the first place......Jimmy. If he's a responsible owner he will pull the plug before this thing gets worse. Hey, the L.A Kings just won the championship after they fired their coach during the season......no reason on earth we can't do the same. Lucky for you I didn't have any booze or it might have said Fk Mike Brown....lol.
Lakerfreak....word to the wise....don't attempt to defend MB this year.
"Carslile is a great coach with great new players" :facepalm :banghead:

(Hey??? What happened to my red dot......I had more jokes to use :oldlol: )

Yeah but you have to admit DK,

we expected this offense to be a struggle. We talked about it before. Secondly, its a new roster that was put together. two new players on the most important positions of basketball. The PG and C.

By default they'll eventually come together just because they're a good team.

Now I know in the past I've had the back of Mike Brown. Im starting to soften my stance a little bit. I think it wouldn't do us any harm if after a while we can find a replacement first, and then relieve Mike Brown of his duties. But if we fire him now, we got Eddie Jordan as head coach... Not sure he's much better.

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah but you have to admit DK,

we expected this offense to be a struggle. We talked about it before. Secondly, its a new roster that was put together. two new players on the most important positions of basketball. The PG and C.

By default they'll eventually come together just because they're a good team.

Now I know in the past I've had the back of Mike Brown. Im starting to soften my stance a little bit. I think it wouldn't do us any harm if after a while we can find a replacement first, and then relieve Mike Brown of his duties. But if we fire him now, we got Eddie Jordan as head coach... Not sure he's much better.

Sure, I expected the offense to struggle somewhat but this is way beyond comprehension......I don't this what they are doing right now will ever work, Brown is clearly in way over his head. They are not positioning players in the spots to make them successful, To create a successful offense it is essential that you get the ball to the right guys in the right places to score. As I said before, having Pau so far away from the basket is idiotic, you can run the same style of offense but tweak it to make it work. Having Nash walk the ball up, just as stupid. Do I want Eddie Jordan as head coach....Hell No!!!! :no:
There are a bunch of experienced successful NBA coaches who would LOVE to have the job....what better team to coach??? If we want to make a change we won't even need to search, they'll be calling us!!!

Yes Lakerfreak you too will wake up and realize that Mike Brown is not a real basketball coach....I've been telling you as much from day 1. I will welcome your full awakening, free of your rose colored glasses :oldlol:

You actually THINK the Center position is so important in the NBA today????
I argued with several people that the Center position in the NBA is at it's weakest point by far in at least 40 years, and that the addition of the 3 point line is to blame. People argued with me.....but guess what? The NBA itself agreed with me 100% and have REMOVED the Center position from the All-Star ballot....yes REMOVED IT COMPLETELY!!!!!

Do you actually think it is hard to add a PG and Center to an offense :banghead: NO!!! Having a quality experienced center and PG make things a hell of a lot easier, the PG runs the offense and creates, the C is going to be close to the basket and not all over the place.....those are actually the easiest positions to coach. No excuses, Dallas had way more new players and was missing their 2 biggest guys in Dirk and Kaman....no excuse at all for losing. Carlisle is a good coach but not a great one.......we have the worst coach in the NBA....even worse than VDN.
We should have fired MB right after last season.

Mgamer20o0
11-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Fire Jimmy and hire jeanie as well lol

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Fire Jimmy and hire jeanie as well lol

Hey!!!!! Back off Jeannie, she's the only 1 of the offspring who knows how to run the team.

Mgamer20o0
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey!!!!! Back off Jeannie, she's the only 1 of the offspring who knows how to run the team.
i said hire her lol she should take jimmys so called job....

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
i said hire her lol she should take jimmys so called job....

LMAO......My bad bro! I pulled a Mike Brown on that one :oldlol:

bladefd
11-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Do you actually think it is hard to add a PG and Center to an offense :banghead: NO!!! Having a quality experienced center and PG make things a hell of a lot easier, the PG runs the offense and creates, the C is going to be close to the basket and not all over the place.....those are actually the easiest positions to coach. No excuses, Dallas had way more new players and was missing their 2 biggest guys in Dirk and Kaman....no excuse at all for losing. Carlisle is a good coach but not a great one.......we have the worst coach in the NBA....even worse than VDN.

PG is maybe the hardest position to coach in basketball unless if you have a superstar like Nash or CP3 or DWilliams or one of other star PGs (or if you have a LeBron or Kobe or Jordan running the point). The reason why it is so hard is because the PG is the guy running the offense and so if the PG fails the whole system falls apart. As a coach, you have to know the system as well as your PG and evolve the strategies along with your PG. If you are not both on the same page then the system will not function.

I believe that is where the issue lies from Brown/Nash/Kobe/offense perspective. They are not all on the same page. Brown/Nash have never run this offense before so Brown has to learn on the fly what works and what doesn't. That is where it becomes an issue; Brown has little idea of how to make changes/improvements on the fly since he doesn't even know the system well enough. Nash is lost because he doesn't know his role and has no idea what Brown wants him to do. Kobe seems lost because he never played with a PG of Nash's caliber before so he doesn't know how to make it work without Brown pointing him in the right direction.

That makes the system dysfunctional. Brown is not a good leader and never was. As a leader, he would have figured it out by now. Not every coach is a good leader though.. I guess because of that, I will give him until end of November. If he is a halfway competent coach, he will figure it out by then. If not, he won't. To be fair, the least you can do is give the guy a month of regular season. Remember where Miami was by December in their first season together?? Pretty terrible.. This is how it is looking so far for us. Spoelstra ain't a leader either but he showed everyone that he was a competent coach. Lets give Brown that reasonable time.

DKLaker
11-01-2012, 09:22 PM
PG is maybe the hardest position to coach in basketball unless if you have a superstar like Nash or CP3 or DWilliams or one of other star PGs (or if you have a LeBron or Kobe or Jordan running the point). The reason why it is so hard is because the PG is the guy running the offense and so if the PG fails the whole system falls apart. As a coach, you have to know the system as well as your PG and evolve the strategies along with your PG. If you are not both on the same page then the system will not function.

I believe that is where the issue lies from Brown/Nash/Kobe/offense perspective. They are not all on the same page. Brown/Nash have never run this offense before so Brown has to learn on the fly what works and what doesn't. That is where it becomes an issue; Brown has little idea of how to make changes/improvements on the fly since he doesn't even know the system well enough. Nash is lost because he doesn't know his role and has no idea what Brown wants him to do. Kobe seems lost because he never played with a PG of Nash's caliber before so he doesn't know how to make it work without Brown pointing him in the right direction.

That makes the system dysfunctional. Brown is not a good leader and never was. As a leader, he would have figured it out by now. Not every coach is a good leader though.. I guess because of that, I will give him until end of November. If he is a halfway competent coach, he will figure it out by then. If not, he won't. To be fair, the least you can do is give the guy a month of regular season. Remember where Miami was by December in their first season together?? Pretty terrible.. This is how it is looking so far for us. Spoelstra ain't a leader either but he showed everyone that he was a competent coach. Lets give Brown that reasonable time.

Give Brown time???? He's not a first year head coach.......he was a crappy coach in a weak conference with a great superstar........I had already seen all this guy could do before he got here....and if anything he's getting worse :facepalm
In my experience in coaching over 30 years, I never had an issue with my point guards.....and I've coached as many as 8 teams at a time, teaching all of them anywhere from 5 to 12 different offenses.....and I'm talking ages 6 to 21+ ....I am considered a very good teacher.....but I can tell you I have never had Steve Nash to work with......the problem here has absolutely nothing to do with the player and everything to do with an incompetent head coach who doesn't give clear direction because he doesn't know what he's doing.
Now in thinking about it more at this moment, I can tell you that I run the offenses that best suit the players I have and teach various offenses so we can switch if it is not working at any moment....not stuck to 1 system where you have to force it to fit.....it's also a case of positioning players in the right places and not asking them to do too much. (Of course at practice I teach every player to play every position so they fully understand what everyone is doing......a result of this is that all my guards rebound like Rondo and my bigs can handle the ball.)

kobesabi
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Man, we better get our act together. Not sure who's fault it is, or what our problem is. But we need to fix it. But if we continue to lose like this, Brown is going to get the boot.

I say just let Coach Kobe coach.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/coach-kobe-bryant/coach-kobe-9.jpg
Currently coach Kobe is backing Mike Brown...

Kobe Bryant: 'Everybody shut up. Let us work.'

Meet Kobe Bryant, chief disciplinarian, ready to step forward with the Lakers having lost their first two games of the regular season before facing the Clippers on Friday night. In fact, the Lakers have dropped 12 straight if you include the final two playoff games of last season and the eight preseason losses.

"Now you have Mike Brown telling everybody to be patient," Bryant said Thursday of the Lakers' coach. "Back then, it was Phil Jackson telling everybody to shut up."

Now Bryant can do it … for Brown.

"Because I've won, so I can," Bryant said. "So I'll say it for him: Everybody shut up. Let us work."

This was a clever veteran move to try to defuse a situation that could quickly get out of hand. It was one day after Bryant declared he was not a happy camper in Portland. The last time the Lakers won a game was May 18, which was Game 3 of the playoffs against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Lakers have not opened a season 0-3 since 1978-79, the year before Jerry Buss purchased the team.

Not only has there been media criticism about the Lakers, but it has been coming from past and present NBAers, including Lakers legend Magic Johnson.

"I'm always surprised when I lose," Bryant said. "At the same time, it [the panic] is pretty entertaining to me. Nobody wants to win here more than I do. Nobody. Nobody .

"And I'm not panicking over it. Or jumping off a bridge because we're 0-2 or whatever."

He offered an interesting response to the growing cry that Brown's Princeton-based offense be scrapped.

"I just … I don't understand … the city here," Bryant said. "They've seen us win multiple championships here, playing an offense that was tough to learn that was a sequence of options that weren't set plays that took five guys being on the same page of working together," referring to Jackson's triangle offense.

"They know how that stuff works. For them to be so stupid now ...."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20121102,0,4440433.story

I can see it now why Dishnetwork and DirectTV hesitating to agree to contract for $3.89....why should they agree to a deal where that team isn't entertaining its fan? Then TWC gets on Lakers back. Lakers then get on Mike Brown. If he don't win in next 8 games. I think he will be outa here by pressure from many stakeholders cascading down.

You know guys...if you want Mike Brown goes...only thing to do is hope Lakers keep losing...then basketball God will make your wish come true...but who knows maybe an even worse nightmare. So maybe we have to becareful what we wish for. I'll let it play itself out.

Who knew...we were expecting entertaining big lead winning with BIG 4 where we see them do crazy showtimes...instead we see them struggling from preseason games. Mike Brown is being exposed. He didn't win because he is a good coach, but LBJ did most of the work for him. Now that he has all talents, his true skill is surfacing up.

DKLaker
11-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Sure, Kobe is saying all the right things.....it's too late in his career to redeem himself if he goes on a tirade.....plus that would make Dwight hesitant to re-sign. I'm positive that Kobe knows Brown is a moron and can't wait for him to be fired.
No, I am not and will never root for my Lakers to lose.....but I get the sentiment.
Brown is so bad that I'm sure those things will take care of themselves.

lakerfreak
11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Everyone is talking about the offense when its the defense thats suffering. Princeton this, princeton that, nash should, Kobe should, blah blah....all a bunch of garbage.

If lakers play defense in the first few games, we're 3-0. They're putting enough points up on the board. The problem is in transition defense, halfcourt defense, all defense is being humiliated.

And I always disagree with Kobe, but in this case he is correct. Nobody cares more about winning than him. In the past he's had no problem throwing anyone under the bus if he wasnt happy. In this case, he's not throwing anyone under the bus but us because of this mass-hysteria. Seriously everyone, just let them work.

lakerfreak
11-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Brown isnt the one who keeps the players or gets rid of them. All of that belongs to management. And besides, the lakers did the right thing by keeping Sacre. He played his heart out and got signed by the lakers.

Again everyone, be objective when you present, not subjective.

DKLaker
11-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Everyone is talking about the offense when its the defense thats suffering. Princeton this, princeton that, nash should, Kobe should, blah blah....all a bunch of garbage.

If lakers play defense in the first few games, we're 3-0. They're putting enough points up on the board. The problem is in transition defense, halfcourt defense, all defense is being humiliated.

And I always disagree with Kobe, but in this case he is correct. Nobody cares more about winning than him. In the past he's had no problem throwing anyone under the bus if he wasnt happy. In this case, he's not throwing anyone under the bus but us because of this mass-hysteria. Seriously everyone, just let them work.

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping
Shameless homering puts me to sleep :oldlol:

It kills me that some people don't understand the difference between points scored and an effective offense you can count on to run effectively.......the points we score is strictly based on talent not an effective offense.

DKLaker
11-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Brown isnt the one who keeps the players or gets rid of them. All of that belongs to management. And besides, the lakers did the right thing by keeping Sacre. He played his heart out and got signed by the lakers.

Again everyone, be objective when you present, not subjective.

WTF are you talking about???? Of course the head freaking coach gets rid of players......management has to sign off but it IS the coach's decision, especially when it comes to non stars. Please speak of what you know. :banghead:

kobesabi
11-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Xmas time countdown: On the 3rd days of NBA, Lakers give to me...ZERO and 3. :violin:

DKLaker
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Xmas time countdown: On the 3rd days of NBA, Lakers give to me...ZERO and 3. :violin:

:oldlol: very creative kobesabi :cheers:

Eat Like A Bosh
11-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Absolutely, please, just fire this clown already. Hell I'd pray the Lakers go 0-10 just so they can fire him and have a brighter future.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3273/mikebrown.jpg

DKLaker
11-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Absolutely, please, just fire this clown already. Hell I'd pray the Lakers go 0-10 just so they can fire him and have a brighter future.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3273/mikebrown.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

L.A. Jazz
11-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Have your seen "backstage lakers", i just watched some episodes on youtube. MB's son suggests he should let the Lakers run, if they dont do what he tells them. His smiling response: "do you think Kobe would do what i say to him, if i let him run?" :oldlol:

Or have you seen Dwight's look when MB told him to go back in the game in the 4th quater of tonights game being up 20+ points.

lakerfreak
11-05-2012, 03:43 PM
WTF are you talking about???? Of course the head freaking coach gets rid of players......management has to sign off but it IS the coach's decision, especially when it comes to non stars. Please speak of what you know. :banghead:

Sure! I'll tell you what I know. Sacre outplayed all the preseason scrubs. So he got signed. Anything else?

lakerfreak
11-05-2012, 03:46 PM
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping
Shameless homering puts me to sleep :oldlol:

It kills me that some people don't understand the difference between points scored and an effective offense you can count on to run effectively.......the points we score is strictly based on talent not an effective offense.

So is Dwight Howard some sort of human magnet that attracts the ball to him in lob form?

What about that Pass from ron-ron to a cutting Kobe yesterday? Did that have absolutely nothing to do with princeton? Because to me, that was all princeton. And don't tell me ron-ron is a talented passer lol.

DKLaker
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Sure! I'll tell you what I know. Sacre outplayed all the preseason scrubs. So he got signed. Anything else?

That is fine.....just don't come out with the Coaches don't keep or release players.....that is just :facepalm :facepalm :banghead: Naive....to put it in a very kind way.

DKLaker
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
So is Dwight Howard some sort of human magnet that attracts the ball to him in lob form?

What about that Pass from ron-ron to a cutting Kobe yesterday? Did that have absolutely nothing to do with princeton? Because to me, that was all princeton. And don't tell me ron-ron is a talented passer lol.

Oh....are we so excited about 1 game? Should we use that 1 game to induct Mike Brown into the Hall Of Fame??? :facepalm

So....because we make a few good plays then the offense is great?
I have rarely ever seen an offense in which a team doesn't score a couple good looking baskets during a game....so what?
Can you count on it when you need it? That's what a great offense is all about.....reliable, dependable, fluid, functional and successful.

Bad offenses usually work best against very bad teams :oldlol:

BallsOut
11-08-2012, 02:27 AM

http://t.qkme.me/360ioc.jpg
I hate how this is always relevant.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DKLaker
11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh....are we so excited about 1 game? Should we use that 1 game to induct Mike Brown into the Hall Of Fame??? :facepalm

So....because we make a few good plays then the offense is great?
I have rarely ever seen an offense in which a team doesn't score a couple good looking baskets during a game....so what?
Can you count on it when you need it? That's what a great offense is all about.....reliable, dependable, fluid, functional and successful.

Bad offenses usually work best against very bad teams :oldlol:

Ahem...........Lakerfreak where are you???? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
We followed up the win by losing to 1-3 Utah........I rest my case!!!

lakerfreak
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Ahem...........Lakerfreak where are you???? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
We followed up the win by losing to 1-3 Utah........I rest my case!!!

hahaha i wasn't ditching out. I just didnt have my computer. Read what I said in the "Jim Buss Speaks" thread.

DKLaker
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
hahaha i wasn't ditching out. I just didnt have my computer. Read what I said in the "Jim Buss Speaks" thread.

OK......lol. I read it and commented.......with less optimism than you :oldlol:

So.......do you see why I wasn't so excited about beating Detroit now?

lakerfreak
11-09-2012, 05:41 AM
OK......lol. I read it and commented.......with less optimism than you :oldlol:

So.......do you see why I wasn't so excited about beating Detroit now?

I already knew your point. My point was, if that effort was carried out against other teams, theyd be wins. However watching the Jazz game was an indicator that Mike Brown lost this team. He can beg, and pay them on top of their initially large salaries, and they still won't be motivated.

At this point a coaching change is necessary. Some idiots on the radio said make a trade, but thats just stupid. We got everything we need to win.

I'll list what I didn't like between training camp and now;

Princeton offense - To use this offense, there needs to be both of these scenarios. a) When your team does not have a pass first point guard, and b) when your center is an unselfish player with a high IQ (i.e. pau, divac).

This offense is overkill for the team that is put out there on the court. You take a fresh oven made pizza, and you heat it in the microwave right after it was made....same thing. Didn't need it, and it actually burned the pizza. It completely rendered Nash useless.

The thing that irks me more about the princeton is the double standard involved. Apparently Mike Brown was initially hired over Rick Adelman because they didn't want Adelman and his princeton offense because its "too similar to the triangle offense". It was something they wanted completely done away with. Suddenly Mike Brown says we should run it, and the FO is okay with it?

Last point to make about this is, last season's "system" Mike Brown ran was actually much better than what they're trying to do this year. All we needed was Nash, Dwight, and players like Nash to be given full control of decision making on the court. Since Mike Brown is still a relatively new coach, his lesson learned from this stint with the lakers (as I expect it to end soon now) is that change must happen if only necessary. Case in point when Avery Johnson made a change in the starting lineup against the warriors in the playoffs. It was a change that was not only unnecessary, but also harmful as the team went on to lose 4-2 to the warriors.

He tried to overachieve and underachieved big time. While I like the guy and hoped he'd turn it around, there can only be so much mediocrity before anyone starts to catch on. And mediocrity hadn't had much to do with the record (1-4) as much as it did with the fact that the players aren't playing with passion. Some of them look like they can't wait to leave the game. This should never happen. I guess the saying is right where people say "you can't pay me enough to (fill in what you dont want to do)". Sad to say that it looks like we couldn't pay these players enough to play under Mike Brown. He needs to be relieved of his duties (I hate the word fired lol) and perhaps become an assistant to another coach, or even video coordinating. I heard he was great at that.

Another thing that needs to happen is Kobe needs to stop. I don't know what he's doing. I don't know what to call it....but seriously...stop. Stop telling the fans to shut up. Stop calling them idiots. Stop saying you're going to retire in 2 years, only to change your mind and say you're playing until we hate you. Stop shooting so much at the end of blowouts because thats whats going to drive Dwight Howard away. Wanna know why Van Gundy was fired? Because he was too "negative" as Dwight commented on several times. Kobe, keep doing this crap, and not only do you leave the lakers with a bad taste in your mouth and all of ours, but we also lose Dwight. And why the hell keep Pau Gasol at that point? Just fire everyone. Trade everyone away. Fire the fans, fire Los Angeles....I can clearly keep at this rant. But I don't want to bore you.

Things need to change.

My plan:

1) Hire Jerry Sloan

2) Play freaking whatever the hell is name is that we signed from philly, because he's a young energetic dude with a really good future. I can't stand how Mike Brown never played Kapono either. Brown seems to hate sharp shooters. Somebody put whatever the hell is name is on the floor.

3) Dwight and Kobe BOTH need to be named captains because at this rate, Dwight is our best player. Not fu*king Kobe. Dwight is playing well for a guy that came off surgery and his numbers are still super star like. This is now Dwight's team because regardless of what happens, Kobe is staying a laker. He said it himself. Dwight however, can leave at season end....which sad to say, is looking like its more of a possibility with too many d!ckheads in this organization.

dd24
11-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Ok, there's officially too many threads about Mike Brown that are pretty much talking about the same stuff. I'm not one to complain about multiple threads, but this time I don't even know where to post so people will see what I'm saying. This morning on ESPN radio it was reported that if the Lakers don't do well over this homestand they have throughout the next week the will fire Mike Brown!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I don't want to root against the Lakers but a losing streak here would really help this teams chances at winning a championship this season. Here's hoping for a 2-4 record over the next 6 games :D

bladefd
11-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Wanna know why Van Gundy was fired? Because he was too "negative" as Dwight commented on several times.

My plan:

1) Hire Jerry Sloan

You do know that Jerry Sloan is a pretty negative guy more often than not, right? He runs the team old-school style where the players shutup and do what Sloan says. If you don't, you get punished. Sloan doesn't care if you're a regular player or superstar like Kobe or Dwight. He will yell at Kobe and make Kobe run laps if he speaks out.

Sloan used to yell at Deron Williams' face during games if he did something stupid in front of rest of team, coaches and fans. Sloan is great coach but old style. If Dwight got sick of Van Gundy being negative, Sloan will scream at him and bench him for short periods if he screws something up on the court. He doesn't take $hit from anyone, not even Karl Malone or John Stockton in prime. He doesn't yell as much as Stan, but he can be pretty negative at times. Weren't there rumors that D-Williams almost get into a fistfight with Sloan? Reminds me a bit of Pat Riley getting close to a fistfight with Shaq when Alonzo Mourning/wade/others had to hold back Riley/Shaq from pulling punches. :roll:

lakerfreak
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
You do know that Jerry Sloan is a pretty negative guy more often than not, right? He runs the team old-school style where the players shutup and do what Sloan says. If you don't, you get punished. Sloan doesn't care if you're a regular player or superstar like Kobe or Dwight. He will yell at Kobe and make Kobe run laps if he speaks out.

Sloan used to yell at Deron Williams' face during games if he did something stupid in front of rest of team, coaches and fans. Sloan is great coach but old style. If Dwight got sick of Van Gundy being negative, Sloan will scream at him and bench him for short periods if he screws something up on the court. He doesn't take $hit from anyone, not even Karl Malone or John Stockton in prime. He doesn't yell as much as Stan, but he can be pretty negative at times. Weren't there rumors that D-Williams almost get into a fistfight with Sloan? Reminds me a bit of Pat Riley getting close to a fistfight with Shaq when Alonzo Mourning/wade/others had to hold back Riley/Shaq from pulling punches. :roll:

The difference in this case is that Sloan actually has credentials. If Dwight and the team can understand that, it will be just fine. He is very old school, and his way is proven at bringing titles. You need a no nonsense coach like Jerry Sloan. With one of those top notch coaches, you're always going to get some sort of attitude thats undesirable. Like Phil Jackson for example. He has this "I don't care if we win by 50 or lose by 50" attitude. He doesn't really show much of any emotion. Guys like Kobe gave him a second chance after he said that Kobe sabotaged games in high school. It was a big problem that got solved after Phil came and led them to more titles.

I didn't hear of the fist fight rumors with Sloan and Williams. I just heard they both had a huge fight where you can hear tirades from far away lol.

But Jerry Sloan is my first choice. I don't really have anyone else in mind honestly. I couldn't even think of D'Antoni. His no defense will completely kill this team. He never even took Nash and the suns to the finals and their team was talented enough.

dd24
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm not really sure Sloan's style is the answer here either. I'm really hoping they aren't looking at D'Antoni. I'd love him as an offensive coordinator. As a head coach I'd be very disappointed. I don't know exactly what the answer is. I'd take Brian Shaw over either of those guys. I think Nate McMillan is certainly worth looking at.

DKLaker
11-09-2012, 04:43 PM
DFish to the rescue!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:oldlol:

DKLaker
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
The difference in this case is that Sloan actually has credentials. If Dwight and the team can understand that, it will be just fine. He is very old school, and his way is proven at bringing titles. You need a no nonsense coach like Jerry Sloan. With one of those top notch coaches, you're always going to get some sort of attitude thats undesirable. Like Phil Jackson for example. He has this "I don't care if we win by 50 or lose by 50" attitude. He doesn't really show much of any emotion. Guys like Kobe gave him a second chance after he said that Kobe sabotaged games in high school. It was a big problem that got solved after Phil came and led them to more titles.

I didn't hear of the fist fight rumors with Sloan and Williams. I just heard they both had a huge fight where you can hear tirades from far away lol.

But Jerry Sloan is my first choice. I don't really have anyone else in mind honestly. I couldn't even think of D'Antoni. His no defense will completely kill this team. He never even took Nash and the suns to the finals and their team was talented enough.

Uh......I'm going to do what I didn't do before with the Magic J thing.
Sloan never won an NBA title.
I have 3 friends, NBA veterans now retired, who were longtime members of the Jazz under Sloan and they have nothing but the highest praise for him........and yes, he is a dominating figure who doesn't take an inch of crap from anyone.
I don't know how Kobe & Dwight would get along with him, they have never been told NO in their lives. Karl Malone was even scared of Sloan.
I wouldn't be surprised if DWill almost got into a fight with him, but I wouldn't be surprised, these NBA guys now know they have all the power and think they know it all, don't want to listen, not like the old days.
Sloan may have kicked his @ss, you don't know how tough the guy is.
Sloan runs 45 minute practices, not 2-3 hours and I mean he's in his car by the 47th minute.......but he gets more done in those 45 minutes than most get in hours.

Lakerfreak :facepalm Mike Brown's offense was so terrible that they threw it out immediately following the season, you may say this one was worse, I will tell you that both were so terrible that it didn't matter.
I have to say I LMAO at your cursing tirade post.....I have never ever seen you write cursing stuff, I couldn't stop laughing.......I had to look at what time you wrote it.....1:45 am? You had to either be tired or drunk....lol.
Not knocking you, say what you like, however you choose....it was just funny.

I pray they don't think Bernie Bickerstaff can coach this team.....we need a top coach!!!!!

They should have at least fired the moron when last season ended.

dd24
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I pray they don't think Bernie Bickerstaff can coach this team.....we need a top coach!!!!!

Who do you want though (besides Phil....)?

lakerfreak
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Uh......I'm going to do what I didn't do before with the Magic J thing.
Sloan never won an NBA title.
I have 3 friends, NBA veterans now retired, who were longtime members of the Jazz under Sloan and they have nothing but the highest praise for him........and yes, he is a dominating figure who doesn't take an inch of crap from anyone.
I don't know how Kobe & Dwight would get along with him, they have never been told NO in their lives. Karl Malone was even scared of Sloan.
I wouldn't be surprised if DWill almost got into a fight with him, but I wouldn't be surprised, these NBA guys now know they have all the power and think they know it all, don't want to listen, not like the old days.
Sloan may have kicked his @ss, you don't know how tough the guy is.
Sloan runs 45 minute practices, not 2-3 hours and I mean he's in his car by the 47th minute.......but he gets more done in those 45 minutes than most get in hours.

Lakerfreak :facepalm Mike Brown's offense was so terrible that they threw it out immediately following the season, you may say this one was worse, I will tell you that both were so terrible that it didn't matter.
I have to say I LMAO at your cursing tirade post.....I have never ever seen you write cursing stuff, I couldn't stop laughing.......I had to look at what time you wrote it.....1:45 am? You had to either be tired or drunk....lol.
Not knocking you, say what you like, however you choose....it was just funny.

They should have at least fired the moron when last season ended.

I know he hasn't won a title, but lets look at the accomplishments for a second....he made the finals, twice. Each year he reached the finals, he won 2 games each appearance, against the almighty, jordan-led, bulls. Nobody beat that team ever. You can almost give a ring to any of those teams that played the bulls had they faced anyone else. The great thing about it, he didn't need that much talent. He had a great point guard, and a great power forward. Everyone else took care of their roles.

If Karl Malone and Stockton were afraid of messing up in front of Sloan, imagine Kobe and Dwight. Karl Malone was the most stubborn NBA player. Kobe knows to listen to coach. He also knows how to conform to win. Don't you remember when starbury was having his issues with Larry Brown, Kobe through the media said to marbury "listen to larry". Kobe knows, and if Dwight wants to win, he'll also listen.

lol I was very tired and frustrated from a very eventful day. You'll find me like that sometimes. My apologies :D

I know Mike Brown's offense was bad last season too. At this point though, I believe that it would have been better than this year's offense. Brown's offense last year depended on Kobe and Ramon's decision making. Leaving that to Nash this season would have produced slightly better results. Thats just my humble opinion anyways.

Edit: I don't think Bernie is in their long term plan. He's obviously going to stay until someone else comes. No idea what happens after. I predict they'll find a coach by 1-2 weeks from now.

kobesabi
11-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Edit: I don't think Bernie is in their long term plan. He's obviously going to stay until someone else comes. No idea what happens after. I predict they'll find a coach by 1-2 weeks from now.
You will get a new "Turkey" and a black Friday.

DKLaker
11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I know he hasn't won a title, but lets look at the accomplishments for a second....he made the finals, twice. Each year he reached the finals, he won 2 games each appearance, against the almighty, jordan-led, bulls. Nobody beat that team ever. You can almost give a ring to any of those teams that played the bulls had they faced anyone else. The great thing about it, he didn't need that much talent. He had a great point guard, and a great power forward. Everyone else took care of their roles.

If Karl Malone and Stockton were afraid of messing up in front of Sloan, imagine Kobe and Dwight. Karl Malone was the most stubborn NBA player. Kobe knows to listen to coach. He also knows how to conform to win. Don't you remember when starbury was having his issues with Larry Brown, Kobe through the media said to marbury "listen to larry". Kobe knows, and if Dwight wants to win, he'll also listen.

lol I was very tired and frustrated from a very eventful day. You'll find me like that sometimes. My apologies :D

I know Mike Brown's offense was bad last season too. At this point though, I believe that it would have been better than this year's offense. Brown's offense last year depended on Kobe and Ramon's decision making. Leaving that to Nash this season would have produced slightly better results. Thats just my humble opinion anyways.

Very Solid Post :applause: :cheers:
Lol.....don't apologize for your outburst, nothing wrong with it......and better yet it gave me a good laugh.

dd24
11-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Mitch speaking after the game tells the whole story. He said in a different situation where if the team had a 5-7 year plan to rebuild it could've worked with Brown :lol :oldlol: :D :roll:

He basically said in a nice way Brown has no clue what he's doing.

DKLaker
11-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Mitch speaking after the game tells the whole story. He said in a different situation where if the team had a 5-7 year plan to rebuild it could've worked with Brown :lol :oldlol: :D :roll:

He basically said in a nice way Brown has no clue what he's doing.

We told 'em from the start dd24 :cheers:
It's amazing, I watched him coach in Cleveland and KNEW he couldn't coach at all, to the point I would laugh out loud at all his idiotic moves. Ex NBA guys I know would also laugh at him......yet we were so clueless (Jimmy) that we actually hired the guy. Adelman is still pissed that he didn't get the job.

MJ(Mean John)
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
We told 'em from the start dd24 :cheers:
It's amazing, I watched him coach in Cleveland and KNEW he couldn't coach at all, to the point I would laugh out loud at all his idiotic moves. Ex NBA guys I know would also laugh at him......yet we were so clueless (Jimmy) that we actually hired the guy. Adelman is still pissed that he didn't get the job.

It's so crazy how these list of events all took place.

It all started with the new "Jim buss" taking over and Jerry allowing him to make any moves to make sure he could run the team.

Jim wanted to prove to Jerry that HE COULD RUN a team and take them to another championship by lowering the costs tremendously.

What did he do?

He wanted to rid the organization of anything Phil Jackson related. Including not hiring shaw because they wanted to remove the idea of Phil.

Next, he tried cutting costs. Didn't re-sign brown, traded away Lamar for cap space, Etc.

What happened? Wasn't successful that year.

Jerry stayed quiet.

Jerry stepped in, said F.UCK THAT. Lets spend money Jim. You can't build a winner by trying to be a penny saver. PLUS, we have KB.

Jerry got nash and Dwight. INCLUDING trading away JIMMY'S guy BYNUM. Jerry said "tired of his shit"

Then, He let brown have his preseason.

What happens? He wasn't successful again.

Then, he gives him the regular season.

What happens?

Jerry buss didn't even give brown the shot to be unsuccessful again.
He nipped it in the butt and said "f.uck that"

Bring back the guy that is proven to work. Lol

dd24
11-10-2012, 05:36 PM

It all started with the new "Jim buss" taking over and Jerry allowing him to make any moves to make sure he could run the team.

Jim wanted to prove to Jerry that HE COULD RUN a team and take them to another championship by lowering the costs tremendously.

What did he do?

He wanted to rid the organization of anything Phil Jackson related. Including not hiring shaw because they wanted to remove the idea of Phil.

Next, he tried cutting costs. Didn't re-sign brown, traded away Lamar for cap space, Etc.

Jerry stayed quiet.

Jerry stepped in, said F.UCK THAT. Lets spend money Jim. You can't build a winner by trying to be a penny saver. PLUS, we have KB.

Jerry got nash and Dwight. INCLUDING trading away JIMMY'S guy BYNUM. Jerry said "tired of his shit"

What happens?

Very well said. Really if you look at all the successful organizations in sports it starts with management and the culture they bring to the work place. The Patriots don't make stupid moves like that. The Pittsburgh Steelers don't. There's a reason that in sports that are built to have a certain amount of parity that certain teams still stay on top. You absolutely need to have smart people making decisions in the management of the organization. It's why the Cowboys will be mediocre in football :lol

DKLaker
11-10-2012, 05:39 PM

What did he do?

Jerry stayed quiet.

What happens?

:applause: :cheers: :applause: