PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans: LOL

stallionaire
11-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Great night for ISH in general. go ahead and neg like I give a ****, dont give a shit about yalls internet points.

the point is the Lakers look terrible and this roster is stacked with starters that should KNOW how to play together from boot.

you have steve nash

you have pau gasol

you have dwight howard

and you have ****ing kobe bryant

what am I missing?

TheMarkMadsen
11-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Great night for ISH in general. go ahead and neg like I give a ****, dont give a shit about yalls internet points.

the point is the Lakers look terrible and this roster is stacked with starters that should KNOW how to play together from boot.

you have steve nash

you have pau gasol

you have dwight howard

what am I missing?
:rolleyes:

Velocirap31
11-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Nash doesn't seem to be in the picture really, but yeah.

It's A VC3!!!
11-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Mitch should have never traded for Dwight. Dwight would be a Net if Mitch wasn't such a fool. Oh well I will keep happily enjoying the Lakers losing by double digits for the second night in a row

stallionaire
11-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Right. Kobe, MWP, Pau, and Howard are just no match for this Blazers team with a first year pointguard in.

Mr. Incredible
11-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Can't wait to watch the Heat blow out the Fakers

Zackmorris
11-01-2012, 01:10 AM
People expected Lakers to be great out the gate?

:lol

stallionaire
11-01-2012, 01:11 AM

Explain why these coveted veterans can't play from day one like greats?

DuMa
11-01-2012, 01:13 AM
http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mikeborwnwhat_1.gif

upside24
11-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Didn't the Heat experience chemistry issues in their first few season games together?

Wade and LeBron took turns attacking not really opitimizing their athletic abilities on breaks and cuts to the basket (easy points basically) while on the court together.

They made the Finals.

Same for Howard, Nash and Kobe. They were all the offensive focal point of their team before the trades.

It's just going to take some time.

But have fun with another season of mediocrity and playoff absence OP.

TheBigVeto
11-01-2012, 01:14 AM
:rolleyes:

LOL this guy is :mad:

PyrrhusX
11-01-2012, 01:16 AM
80 - 2

stallionaire
Didn't the Heat experience chemistry issues in their first few season games together?

Wade and LeBron took turns attacking not really opitimizing their athletic abilities on breaks and cuts to the basket (easy points basically).

They made the Finals.

Same for Howard, Nash and Kobe. They were all the offensive focal point of their team before the trades.

This Lakers team on paper is much better than that Heat team.

Nash
Bryant
Gasol
Howard

> greater than

Wade
James
Bosh

sorry it's the truth

this team just looks terrible.

and another difference is that they're VETERANS who should know how to play basketball anywhere no matter what.

They lost to an EQUALLY AS thrown together Mavs team that HAS NEVER played an regular season NBA game together.

Get real.

DaSeba5

Actually yes

TheeBeast
11-01-2012, 01:17 AM
80-2

Mr. Jabbar

Wade and LeBron took turns attacking not really opitimizing their athletic abilities on breaks and cuts to the basket (easy points basically) while on the court together.

They made the Finals.

pretty much.

Noof
Timberwolves fans LOL

TheeBeast
11-01-2012, 01:18 AM

you have steve nash

you have pau gasol

you have dwight howard

what am I missing?

We're missing an offensive and defensive structure

TheBigVeto
11-01-2012, 01:18 AM

It's simple. Kobe is not for good teamwork.

bmulls
11-01-2012, 01:21 AM
One big difference between the Heat and Lakers is team composition.

The Heat had to learn to play with a point-foward, a ball dominant SG, a jump shooting PF and no real center.

The Lakers have a true PG, a dominant center, a PF who perfectly compliments Dwight and a great SG.

The Lakers should be able to click sooner than the Heat.

Magic731
11-01-2012, 01:25 AM

The Heat had to learn to play with a point-foward, a ball dominant SG, a jump shooting PF and no real center.

The Lakers have a true PG, a dominant center, a PF who perfectly compliments Dwight and a great SG.

And who says the Lakers won't? The Heat were 9-8 in their first 17 regular season games. I love overreactions like this.

rhythmic
11-01-2012, 01:27 AM

They have shot the ball well, I believe 50% in the first two games. They have other issues right now. They just need to understand their role better and build chemistry amongst each other. You have 2 players who were leaders of their respective teams joining two other stars, it will take time both offensively and defensively. As sloppy as the offense has looked and as stagnant as our ball movement has been for stretches, we are still efficient at scoring. We're just not doing clicking at other facets of the game; even boxing out, or communicating with each other.

I am pleased with our progress tonight, we looked a lot better then we did last night offensively. Our bench just needs to produce man; they really hurt us tonight by allowing Portland to go on that 13-0 run to finish the 3rd.

Live and learn, hopefully Nash is ready to play against the Clips on Friday.

ImmortalD24
11-01-2012, 01:28 AM
The Lakers have a true PG, a dominant center, a PF who perfectly compliments Dwight and a great SG.Lakers core is a hell of a lot older also.

And not that I disagree/agree.. but can you explain how Gasol is the perfect compliment next to Dwight?

kobesabi
11-01-2012, 01:31 AM

you have steve nash

you have pau gasol

you have dwight howard

what am I missing?

You are missing a GOOD coach. Someone who knows how to use their players well. Mike Brown is not a good coach but just a cochroach.

Mr. Jabbar
11-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I remember this retard clowned the Heat when Miami struggled in their first 17 games of the regular season.

I've clowned on everything about lequit for the last 2 years, not only their first 17 games.

TheBigVeto
11-01-2012, 01:33 AM
I remember this retard clowned the Heat when Miami struggled in their first 17 games of the regular season.

The Lakers deserve to be clowned all the time.

The Heat deserved to be clowned at that time because of the way they came together. You don't clown somebody who participated in The Decision? That's like not hating terrorists.

InfiniteBaskets
11-01-2012, 01:33 AM
And who says the Lakers won't? The Heat were 9-8 in their first 17 regular season games. I love overreactions like this.

The Heat started 5-4 and then 8-7 and then 9-8. But afterwards they went on a 12 game winning streak. They lost one game to the Mavs and I believe went on another 8 game winning streak.

After that they lost 4 games in a row and then the world began to criticize again. Lakers fans should get used to this, it's what happens when the whole world is watching a team full of proven all-stars.

The main issue for the Lakers is their defense and their turnovers. They are shooting at a high rate, but they've been bad at stopping transition buckets. They've also had trouble stopping lane penetration and so it doesn't matter that you've got the best defensive anchor in the paint. When it's 2 on 1 after the perimeter defender gets beat even Dwight can't consistently stop 2 guys by himself.

They need to tighten up their help rotations and work on their offensive chemistry to limit careless turnovers. Then we'll be able to better judge how well they'll play over the course of the season.

Lebron23
11-01-2012, 01:35 AM
I've clowned on everything about lequit for the last 2 years, not only their first 17 games.

You are a useless poster. LBJ has already won an NBA Finals MVP at 27. He's gonna have more Finals MVP than Kobe before he turns 30.

Good luck to the Lakers. Hahahaha

bukowski81
11-01-2012, 01:37 AM

Because its a team game. You need time to learn the playbook, know your teammates better, etc...

Its a team where 3 of it starters are new and have just played 2 teams together, is normal they havent look good.,,

bmulls
11-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Lakers core is a hell of a lot older also.

And not that I disagree/agree.. but can you explain how Gasol is the perfect compliment next to Dwight?

His mid range game. He doesn't need to play down low to be highly effective, which opens things up for Dwight. Teams have to choose between doubling Dwight and letting Pau go off or playing man and letting Dwight manhandle whoever down low.

Mr. Jabbar
11-01-2012, 01:41 AM
You are a useless poster. LBJ has already won an NBA Finals MVP at 27. He's gonna have more Finals MVP than Kobe before he turns 30.

Lol, you get all these epic child-rages all the time when defending leshortcut. Stop jerkin off to lebrons lately *accolades, its really pathetic...

ihoopallday
11-01-2012, 01:47 AM
It's Mike Brown's fault :cry:

ImmortalD24
11-01-2012, 01:49 AM
His mid range game. He doesn't need to play down low to be highly effective, which opens things up for Dwight. Teams have to choose between doubling Dwight and letting Pau go off or playing man and letting Dwight manhandle whoever down low.

Teams will give Gasol that open jumper all day, there is no decision to be made there. Gasol's midrange game is not impressive.. In fact, it's quite awful for a guy touted as a skill guy. Gasol is not and has never been a stretch 4 ala Chris Bosh or Kevin Garnett (who would compliment Dwight perfectly).

Another thing about Pau is that he doesn't give much help to Dwight on the defensive end, forcing Dwight to foul or leave his guy to help out.

I can name at least 5 power forwards I would take over Gasol as the "perfect compliment".. one of them the lakers just played tonight.

Lebron23
11-01-2012, 01:52 AM
Lakers needs a stretch 4.

ImmortalD24
11-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Lakers needs a stretch 4.
It would help.. but I wouldn't do it if it costs us Pau (unless it's an elite PF).

Biggest problem with the Lakers starting 5 is Metta. Hell, imo.. Shane Battier would be a huge improvement over him.

Chief Keef
11-01-2012, 02:47 AM

you have steve nash

you have pau gasol

you have dwight howard

what am I missing?

:facepalm

wagexslave
11-01-2012, 02:51 AM
It's becoming obvious that Nash went to the Lakers to troll them and purposely suck just for the pleasure of us Suns fans. :rockon: :cheers: :bowdown:

TheBigVeto
11-01-2012, 04:16 AM
It's becoming obvious that Nash went to the Lakers to troll them and purposely suck just for the pleasure of us Suns fans. :rockon: :cheers: :bowdown:

If that's true then I got him wrong. I thought he sold his soul to satan. But maybe he was going to hell to blow it up and bring salvation to the world.

:bowdown: :bowdown: Nash

Jax
11-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Speed>Bigs and old tarts with technique.

ukballer
11-01-2012, 05:23 AM
As much as it would be nice to see Laker fans squirm for a bit, what Mike Brown said is totally correct, it is a process putting these pieces together. They'll be ok at the end of the day.

KingBeasley08
11-01-2012, 06:48 AM
They'll get it together but I take back what I said in a different thread. OKC doesn't need Harden to beat these scrubs :oldlol:

wagexslave
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
If that's true then I got him wrong. I thought he sold his soul to satan. But maybe he was going to hell to blow it up and bring salvation to the world.

:bowdown: :bowdown: Nash
If you can't win, join the enemy and bring their asses down with you! :lol

East_Stone_Ya
11-01-2012, 07:09 AM
it's only two games though. And it seems like OP has a issue with the Lakers fans :coleman:

ILLsmak
11-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Amazing they lost with Dwight playing so well.

I guess 24 turnovers... haha.

-Smak

nycelt84
11-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Mitch should have never traded for Dwight. Dwight would be a Net if Mitch wasn't such a fool. Oh well I will keep happily enjoying the Lakers losing by double digits for the second night in a row

Be serious that's something that obviously won't last too long.

vinsane01
11-01-2012, 07:30 AM

Well not great but shouldve been good enough to win against a revamped dirkless mavs and a young untested portland team. Nobody expected these loses. It's obviously premature to be talking about trades and chemistry issues but they are clearly not playing well as a whole. I'd blame the coaching staff and i think brown will get fired before the year ends. For a coach that prides himself for being a good defensively, he sure isnt showing it.

longtime lurker
11-01-2012, 10:02 AM
LOL Lakers will be fine. When was the last time 2 Lakers scored 30? When was the last time 3 players combined for 80 points? This is normal with new teams. They just need to tighten up their defence and the bench needs to get consistent minutes. Kobe is scoring efficiently, Howard is beasting and Gasol is playing well. This isn't even considering that Nash hasn't grasped the offence. Come playoff time this board will be singing a different tune.

R.I.P.
11-01-2012, 10:09 AM
This is very simple. The Lakers need Dwight at full strength to cover for all the horrendous defense of Nash, Kobe and MWP (against any intelligent or mobile SF). The Lakers problem is not offense, it

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Timberwolves fans LOL
Lol, was thinking the same thing.

Rasheed1
11-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Lakers need to learn how to play perimeter defense... and they need a bench.

they dont look like the quickest team around, they need to own the boards and have the front court cover up for the mess out there on perimeter defense...

Also the princeton offense isnt the best offense to run with these players. Eddie jordan was coach here with that offense and its a worse fit for the Lakers than it was here, and we won like 20 games with it :oldlol:

I don't see the lakers even making the finals with this set up... teams with speed will exploit the Lakers night in and night out.

they need to fix that defense more than anything else

takai
11-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Did people think this was going to work right out of the gate? Of course not, this is going to take some time to get used to. Howard isn't at his fullest either. The exact same thing happened to the Heat when they first started, but now they're winning championships. So enjoy the trash talking while you can haters.

AlphaWolf24
11-01-2012, 12:08 PM
(bookmarked)