PDA

View Full Version : westbrook one of the worst decision makers....

tikay0
11-02-2012, 12:08 AM
He has Kevin Durant and Kevin martin! No excuse for jacking up long 2's with 2 defenders in his face and having that many damn TO's. Should've traded him and kept harden....

chosen_one6
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
He has Kevin Durant and Kevin martin! No excuse for jacking up long 2's with 2 defenders in his face and having that many damn TO's. Should've traded him and kept harden....

I tried to tell people during the offseason that he's not a point guard. Thunder have nobody to facilitate the ball.

noob cake
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM

Westbrick
5 assist + 6 turnover + not guarding last possession

Parker
11 assist + 1 turnover

tikay0
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Listen to chuck saying if the thunder don't win it all this year, its because Westbrook makes soooo many mistakes with the ball.

Good job Westbrook, following the ball instead of your man. He's like a lost puppy sometimes. :facepalm

Heavincent
11-02-2012, 12:11 AM
ISH users sure do love their overreaction threads.

tikay0
11-02-2012, 12:13 AM
The whole inside the NBA crew saying what we all know. "He does not make his team mates better!". He needs to learn to differ to KD!!!!! Stop trying to be the man!!! Derrick rose would absolutely love to defer to a scorer like Kevin fuggin Durant, while racking up 20 assists a game!!!!!!!

WillyJakk
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Said it in my "Should Trade Westbrook and Kept Harden" Thread:

http://m1.ourstage.com/tb/PDBLVZOPCWEZ-large.jpg
"The Wrong Kid Died" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtfcOlr0tk)

The talent is comparable but the IQ is dramatically different.

BEAST Griffin
11-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Possessed by Kobe.

Graviton
11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Westbrick
5 assist + 6 turnover + not guarding last possession

Parker
11 assist + 1 turnover
It's the damn system genius.

Spurs run multiple screens early in the clock and get someone open, they have flow.
OKC dribbles the ball for 14 seconds then runs 1 screen and predictably ball handler gets doubled because no one cares about Perkins or Ibaka, so Westbrook has to chuck with low shotclock while Durant is getting pushed out to 3pt line by Jackson and struggling to get open for Westbrook to pass the ball. Russell made mistakes, but that comes from such terrible no ball movement offense, Brooks isn't maximising their potential. Perkins should never play so many minutes, his +/- is always horrible, play damn Collison. This loss is on Brooks, some on WB for sloppy ball handling and Durant for not getting open and being abused by Jackson. Not to mention refs were biased, that block by Ibaka was clean and WB/Durant could have had 10 more FTs.

Don't just blame Westbrook.

ClutchOver9000
11-02-2012, 12:33 AM
well thats what you get when you use your elite 2-guard as your point. Idc who says otherwise, he is not a point. He says he's a point, he "plays" the point but we all know what the deal is.

KG215
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3468/russell-westbrook

He got off to a pretty bad start last year too. Hope it isn't the case, but he may just be one of those players who gets off to slow starts throughout his career. Obviously it's not ideal, but some guys really good or great players just come into a season and look rusty and play poorly early in the season.

Whoah10115
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
well thats what you get when you use your elite 2-guard as your point. Idc who says otherwise, he is not a point. He says he's a point, he "plays" the point but we all know what the deal is.

This is correct...and he is elite. He's more of a Wade type...OKC is gonna try to make him Arenas...Arenas playing PG is one of the great travesties of the past decade...no wonder basketball was so bad.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Said it in my "Should Trade Westbrook and Kept Harden" Thread:

http://m1.ourstage.com/tb/PDBLVZOPCWEZ-large.jpg
"The Wrong Kid Died" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtfcOlr0tk)

The talent is comparable but the IQ is dramatically different.
hahahaha.... repped!

Graviton
11-02-2012, 12:54 AM
He averaged 8APG in his 1st two years as a playmaker with competent bigs, now Brooks is just running iso offense. Hard to be a PG with Perkins/Ibaka, and Durant is more of a 1on1 scorer, no PG needed. The team needs a smart big man that can score and be mobile to open up the lanes. As is no one honors Perkins/Ibaka, Westbrook gets doubled and turns it over.

raprap
11-02-2012, 01:03 AM
If only Harden was still there.

Force
11-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Yup I posted here when Dwight was on the block that OKC should flip Westbrook into Dwight Howard. Ibaka, Dwight, Durant and then they'd flip Harden into cheaper pieces. Eric Maynor should be making the decisions.

Russell doesn't make decisions because his decision is already made.

Jax
11-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Passes ball to Durant, Durant can't hold the ball...

Graviton
11-02-2012, 06:21 AM
Passes ball to Durant, Durant can't hold the ball...
It's Westbrook's fault man, Durant can do no wrong.

I<3NBA
11-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Possessed by Kobe.
:lol

maybeshewill13
11-02-2012, 07:08 AM
ISH users sure do love their overreaction threads.
This, it's a ****ing circus. Next game Westbrook will dominate and we'll have threads saying how he's the best point guard in the league..

Seriously.. Harden's the next GOAT, Lakers won't make the playoffs, Westbrook is rubbish, Thunder won't make the playoffs. I hope this is all just because people are a bit overexcited the season has started..

SpaceJammeR
11-02-2012, 07:31 AM
westbrook tries to hard to score sometimes. seems like if he's having a bad day he'll keep taking shots. he doesn't need to when he has durant and kmart on his team. he was terrible today tho.

KOBE143
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Trade him for Nash.. Kobe will train/teach him to be a good decision maker inside the court.. Do it Mitch!!

maybeshewill13
11-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Trade him for Nash.. Kobe will train/teach him to be a good decision maker inside the court.. Do it Mitch!!
Kobe can't teach himself that a lot of the time..

Seems to be a bit bitter so far this season though.

Clutch
11-02-2012, 08:14 AM
I like Westbrook takeover mode. It's as fun as it gets.

longhornfan1234
11-02-2012, 09:02 AM
@dailythunder: RT @ESPNSteinLine Russell Westbrook postgame on last play that led to Tony Parker's open J: "I got lost. It's my fault. I'll take this one."
Everyone happy now? He admitted it.

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Just move him to two. He's a natural scorer, that's how he takes over games, that's what he's built his game to do. His favorite player as a child was Kobe, not Kidd. Some guys just don't think like pgs.

Godzuki
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
I like Westbrook takeover mode. It's as fun as it gets.

its either feast or famine with him. he can be amazing to watch when he's hitting and in takeover mode but he can be the most frustratingly stupid player ever when he's not hitting in takeover mode too.

jdm_dc_fan
11-02-2012, 02:28 PM
He averaged 8APG in his 1st two years as a playmaker with competent bigs, now Brooks is just running iso offense. Hard to be a PG with Perkins/Ibaka, and Durant is more of a 1on1 scorer, no PG needed. The team needs a smart big man that can score and be mobile to open up the lanes. As is no one honors Perkins/Ibaka, Westbrook gets doubled and turns it over.
Been saying these since before the all star game last sesaon. OKC needs a scoring C or PF. Oh and they can still thrive with RW being a score first bone head, but it hearts their chances of a trophy a lot. They are a team with the least assist to point ratio. If one key player is off they struggle. easy points, easy points, easy points.

KG215
11-02-2012, 02:34 PM
This, it's a ****ing circus. Next game Westbrook will dominate and we'll have threads saying how he's the best point guard in the league..

We're just a few 30-8-6 Westbrook games away from people saying he's really OKC's best player like they do anytime he has a big game. I've tried pointing out that Russ got off to a sluggish/slow start last season, too.

But you throw in the Harden trade and a bad season opener or Russ a few days later, and it leads to even more extreme overreaction.

Jimbozeubuen
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM
He should be a SG :cheers:

RaininTwos
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
This kid can't get any breaks, holy shit.

IGotACoolStory
11-02-2012, 03:13 PM
He's the best shooting guard in the NBA.

Since when is great playmaking a must have trait from your SG? His current skill level is plenty enough for his position. Don't give him a burden that shouldn't be there.

tikay0
11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Of course he's going to go off for a bunch of monster games. What really good player doesn't? THe fact of the matter is. He's inherently a chucker. The fact that KD doesn't avg. 22+ shots per is ridiculous to me. Westbrook needs to learn how to adjust, and make his teammates better. I've seen so many games, where he gets lost offensively, and dribbles himself into a group of 3 defenders, and just jacks up a shot, with like 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

He wants to be Superman so bad, but the problem is, KD IS Superman of that team. He's better off being Aqua man.

KyrieTheFuture
11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Westbrook is the new LeBron he's gonna be criticized at every turn

tikay0
11-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Westbrook is the new LeBron he's gonna be criticized at every turn

:roll: Comparing Westbrook to LBJ!?

:biggums:

oolalaa
11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Westbrook is a ****ing clown. IQ of a tadpole.

Whoah10115
11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Just move him to two. He's a natural scorer, that's how he takes over games, that's what he's built his game to do. His favorite player as a child was Kobe, not Kidd. Some guys just don't think like pgs.

People somehow take this as an insult. Contrary to popular opinion, Kobe is not the best PG of the last decade. He's a SG. And so is Russell Westbrook.

Tho KG215 has a point...Westbrook got off to a terrible start last year. I thought the obviousness of him being a SG was coming to the surface, but then he started playing like a monster and he did it for the whole season. And he did it in the big games.

He stopped trying to be a PG and he just played. He's a SG, was a SG, played like a SG. And even tho the team didn't have a PG, he played better and the team did well. But eventually teams will catch up. He isn't a PG and they're not gonna win a title with him playing PG, especially not with Harden gone.

Cali Syndicate
11-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Why are people surprised? Westbrook has had bad IQ for a PG since day one. He has a scoring mentality (which has it's own pros and cons) with more of a play maker's approach than a facilitating one. But as a combo guard, he's one of the best in the L. He makes bone-head decisions here and there but he's a tough matchup for any opposing team. RW is a ridiculous talent and has claimed himself easily as a top 5 PG, arguably top 3 with Rose out.

Even with the loss of Harden, who was in his own right a terrific combo guard type player, OKC is still gonn finish with 50-55 wins.

LongLiveTheKing
11-02-2012, 04:19 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/9s45dj.jpg
:oldlol:

chips93
11-02-2012, 04:25 PM
his defense on that last play was laughable

he was just completely lost

Cali Syndicate
11-02-2012, 04:29 PM
his defense on that last play was laughable

he was just completely lost

Easy to get lost when watching the ball instead of the player.

imdaman99
11-02-2012, 04:37 PM
so harden looks liek god against a horrible team and westbrook looks bad against a consistent contender, big deal.

westbrook got off to a worse start last year, even had a 1-13 shooting game or something. dude is built to get better as the season goes on, as his career goes on.

Chief Keef
11-02-2012, 04:46 PM
He should be a SG :cheers:

He really is a SG. He's not a PG at all, at PG doesn't average as many turnovers as he does assists.

Chief Keef
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Like Jalen Rose said, positions were created so the average fan could keep up with certain nuances of the game. Westbrook is a PG, whether he plays like Nash or Kobe, he's the main distributor on his team and also happens to be one of the main scorers. It's not that hard a concept to grasp people.

True, but each position also comes with its roles.

The point guard is almost always the ball handler/playmaker. If Westbrook is a PG, why is that whenever Harden was in the game last year, he became the playmaker? Westbrook plays the PG position, but he is more suited to play Shooting guard.

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-02-2012, 05:02 PM
True, but each position also comes with its roles.

The point guard is almost always the ball handler/playmaker. If Westbrook is a PG, why is that whenever Harden was in the game last year, he became the playmaker? Westbrook plays the PG position, but he is more suited to play Shooting guard.

Westbrook is the better scorer and Harden was the better playmaker lol. It's more ability related than positional. That doesn't mean Westbrook is a bad playmaker, just that Harden is better at it in their offense.

I mean he's going to make bad decisions sometimes. He can be wild and out of control but he is young. People should start seeing that the point guard position is changing. These days, some of the best PGs in the game are also big time scorers. Throughout NBA history certain guys have revolutionized positions because they didn't fit the norm (Barkley, Magic, LeBron to an extent). Why can't guys like Westbrook, Rose, etc (athletic PGs whose playmaking comes from scoring) do the same?

Nick Young
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Tony Parker>Westbrick Chuckbrook.

Eric Cartman
11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Not only a bad decision maker, but ugly too.

Whoah10115
11-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Westbrook is a PG, whether he plays like Nash or Kobe, he's the main distributor on his team and also happens to be one of the main scorers.

And that's the problem. He should not be. He's not a PG.

Chief Keef
11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Westbrook is the better scorer and Harden was the better playmaker lol. It's more ability related than positional. That doesn't mean Westbrook is a bad playmaker, just that Harden is better at it in their offense.

I mean he's going to make bad decisions sometimes. He can be wild and out of control but he is young. People should start seeing that the point guard position is changing. These days, some of the best PGs in the game are also big time scorers. Throughout NBA history certain guys have revolutionized positions because they didn't fit the norm (Barkley, Magic, LeBron to an extent). Why can't guys like Westbrook, Rose, etc (athletic PGs whose playmaking comes from scoring) do the same?

I agree with you. Westbrook and Rose are both PGs. I just think the Thunder would be better if they had another PG on the floor with Westbrook. I would have a lineup with Westbrook and Maynor, or at least a playmaking SG. It may not be their style, but that's what I think would benefit them the most.

AirTupac
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Tony Parker>Westbrick Chuckbrook.

Tony Clutcher > Brickbrick Brickbrook

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
And that's the problem. He should not be. He's not a PG.

Says who? Being a PG isn't just about passing the ball or assist numbers. He gets his guys involved when he can. Plus, with Durant isolating more it takes away from Westbrook's chances to distribute anyway.

RRR3
11-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Westbrook is far better than Parker. Stop overreacting over one game. Westbrook started off last season slow too, but by the end of the year he was arguably a top 5 player in the NBA.

Whoah10115
11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Says who? Being a PG isn't just about passing the ball or assist numbers. He gets his guys involved when he can. Plus, with Durant isolating more it takes away from Westbrook's chances to distribute anyway.

He doesn't get anyone involved. Playing PG is facilitating offense and he doesn't facilitate anything other than his shot and occasionally a shot for someone else based on his penetration. Tony Parker was a score-first PG most of his career; now he's a little more balanced. But he's always been a PG. Westbrook is not.

Westbrook is far better than Parker. Stop overreacting over one game. Westbrook started off last season slow too, but by the end of the year he was arguably a top 5 player in the NBA.

No he isn't. Going forward, he's better, if he plays where he should. He's not a better PG and he's not a better player. When did he pass him Parker? Not even in the series where his team beat Parker's. Westbrook may have arguably been top 5, but Parker was better than he was last year.

daily
11-02-2012, 06:19 PM
ISH users sure do love their overreaction threads.Not just ISH. Seems there's a culture of knee jerk reaction among internet based sports fans. Days of reacting after reflection when you'd share your thoughts in the break room the next morning are gone. Now it's run to your favorite social media site and start spouting off before the box score is official

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-02-2012, 06:51 PM
He doesn't get anyone involved. Playing PG is facilitating offense and he doesn't facilitate anything other than his shot and occasionally a shot for someone else based on his penetration.

That's facilitating. You don't think it makes it easier for guys like Ibaka, Seflosha and even Durant when Westbrook can penetrate, push the tempo and create fastbreaks? Durant himself said the Thunder are at their best when Westbrook is attacking.

It's just a different way of doing things. Parker's way is different because the Spurs run different offense. Tony is no doubt a very good player, but the Spurs are the most disciplined, deliberate team on the offensive end in the league.

longtime lurker
11-02-2012, 06:57 PM
How about Kevin Durant grows some balls and demand the ball? Westbrook does need to get under control but everyone will be back on his dick once he strings together a couple of good games. Westbrook>Harden ISH just loves to overreact.

maybeshewill13
11-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Tony Clutcher > Brickbrick Brickbrook
Didn't seem so clutch in the WCF last year? :confusedshrug: :lol

ZenMaster
11-02-2012, 07:03 PM
That's facilitating. You don't think it makes it easier for guys like Ibaka, Seflosha and even Durant when Westbrook can penetrate, push the tempo and create fastbreaks? Durant himself said the Thunder are at their best when Westbrook is attacking.

It's just a different way of doing things. Parker's way is different because the Spurs run different offense. Tony is no doubt a very good player, but the Spurs are the most disciplined, deliberate team on the offensive end in the league.

I'm with you on the positions and all, but Russel Westbrook just might be the worst passer of all starting points guards in the NBA and quite few bench pg's as well.

He just has bad passing fundamentals, no creativity/court vision and is hesitant.

RRR3
11-02-2012, 07:07 PM
He doesn't get anyone involved. Playing PG is facilitating offense and he doesn't facilitate anything other than his shot and occasionally a shot for someone else based on his penetration. Tony Parker was a score-first PG most of his career; now he's a little more balanced. But he's always been a PG. Westbrook is not.

No he isn't. Going forward, he's better, if he plays where he should. He's not a better PG and he's not a better player. When did he pass him Parker? Not even in the series where his team beat Parker's. Westbrook may have arguably been top 5, but Parker was better than he was last year.

Christ Tony Parker is so ****ing overrated the last few years. Let's not act like he's not a shoot first point guard either, and he was even more of one earlier in his career. Never was he better than Westbrook last year, that's ridiculous. Tony Parker has never been a top 10 player. Westbrook is. When do you see Parker ranked top 10 on player lists? I never have. Westbrook is frequently quite high on those lists, however. I realize this a pretty poor way to support my argument, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Anyways, people need to act like Westbrook didn't average 8 APG two years ago. It's not Westbrook's fault that:
1.) Durant got better at creating his own shot, and doesn't just catch and shoot these days
2.) Perkins, Sefolosha are poor offensive players, and Ibaka is mediocore. All three of them can be held scoreless for entire games, for that matter.

Westbrook is one of the absolute most difficult players to guard in the NBA. I fear him much more than Parker.

Legends66NBA7
11-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't see how Parker is overrated. Hardly anybody talks about him on here nor the Spurs, nor is he called "god".

I've seen him make big shots before. I think people forget his team passes the ball a lot, so it's harder for him to rack assists.

Westbrook was better overall than Parker last year, though, but Parker is a more willing passer, IMO. The system he's in shows that even more.

RRR3
11-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't see how Parker is overrated. Hardly anybody talks about him on here nor the Spurs, nor is he called "god".

I've seen him make big shots before. I think people forget his team passes the ball a lot, so it's harder for him to rack assists.

Westbrook was better overall than Parker last year, though, but Parker is a more willing passer, IMO. The system he's in shows that even more.
That really bothers you doesn't it?

Legends66NBA7
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
That really bothers you doesn't it?

It's more annoying that anything, but Parker isn't someone who fascinate over and over.

You brought up ranking lists, which proves my point too. He's never thought of that highly, but yeah, you are overrating him if you put him over Westbrook.

Chief Keef
11-02-2012, 07:30 PM

I would say Parker is underrated, if you asked me. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does. I'm a Spurs fan, I know. There are times when his offense literally carries the entire team for a whole game.

And a lot of people don't realize how impressive his statlines are. They just don't look impressive because Pop limits his minutes

RRR3
11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
It's more annoying that anything, but Parker isn't someone who fascinate over and over.

You brought up ranking lists, which proves my point too. He's never thought of that highly, but yeah, you are overrating him if you put him over Westbrook.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

RRR3
11-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I would say Parker is underrated, if you asked me. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does. I'm a Spurs fan, I know. There are times when his offense literally careers the entire team for a whole game.

And a lot of people don't realize how impressive his statlines are.
BuffaloBill. :coleman:

Legends66NBA7
11-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I would say Parker is underrated, if you asked me. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does. I'm a Spurs fan, I know. There are times when his offense literally careers the entire team for a whole game.

And a lot of people don't realize how impressive his statlines are. They just don't look impressive because Pop limits his minutes

I agree with him being him underrated. I say he's a Top 5 PG.

You are right, his numbers would be a lot better if he played more minutes or even if he ball dominated much more, but I don't think he's better than Westbrook (if there was no Durant, he would probably have better numbers too.)

EDIT - This is BuffaloBill/Alamo ?

Chief Keef
11-02-2012, 07:39 PM
BuffaloBill. :coleman:

I'm trying to make a point here. You said Westbrook is by far better than Tony Parker. What makes him that much better?

I wouldn't even say that Westbrook is that much of better scorer than Parker. He averages about 4 more points but plays 5 more minutes and takes 5 more shots. Westbrook is a career 43% shooter, and Parker is 49%. Not only that but Parker is a much better playmaker. I still have Westbrook above Parker but you say it like it's not even a contest.

:confusedshrug:

Chief Keef
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
EDIT - This is BuffaloBill/Alamo ?

Yeah, it's me.

secund2nun
11-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Westbrook is overrated and a ball hogging shot jacker like Rose. These types of PGs are vastly overrated.

Whoah10115
11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
That's facilitating.

He makes plays, he doesn't facilitate an offense.

Christ Tony Parker is so ****ing overrated the last few years. Let's not act like he's not a shoot first point guard either, and he was even more of one earlier in his career. Never was he better than Westbrook last year, that's ridiculous. Tony Parker has never been a top 10 player. Westbrook is. When do you see Parker ranked top 10 on player lists? I never have. Westbrook is frequently quite high on those lists, however. I realize this a pretty poor way to support my argument, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Anyways, people need to act like Westbrook didn't average 8 APG two years ago. It's not Westbrook's fault that:
1.) Durant got better at creating his own shot, and doesn't just catch and shoot these days
2.) Perkins, Sefolosha are poor offensive players, and Ibaka is mediocore. All three of them can be held scoreless for entire games, for that matter.

Westbrook is one of the absolute most difficult players to guard in the NBA. I fear him much more than Parker.

Parker was the 3rd best player and best guard in the league last year. Westbrook got a lot of hype but I see no evidence of a better season last year. I'm not even a big fan of his or anything, but he was incredible last year. He's never played like that before.

Westbrook is most certainly not a top 10 player right now. I don't take him over a single one of the other elite PG's. He's not ahead of Kobe or Wade or Lebron or Durant. Why should I take him over Paul Pierce? Because Pierce plays in that garbage ass offense? Even tho Pierce looks the same today as 6 seasons ago? I will wait out to see if Dirk is declining and not just bank on last season. He's not better than Dwight. And there's another player too, but I'll leave it at that for now.

And him being a score first PG only proves my point. You can be a shoot first guy. That's not the problem. But Parker is and always was a PG. He ran the team. Westbrook does not do that.

tikay0
11-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Westbrook is overrated and a ball hogging shot jacker like Rose. These types of PGs are vastly overrated.

OK troll. Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Westbrook!!!!!!

Legends66NBA7
11-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Yeah, it's me.

Why do you keep getting banned ?

Parker was the 3rd best player and best guard in the league last year.

He wasn't anywhere close to being the 3rd best player.

Best guard last year ? Over Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Nash, Wade, and Kobe ?

RRR3
11-03-2012, 02:59 AM
He makes plays, he doesn't facilitate an offense.

Parker was the 3rd best player and best guard in the league last year. Westbrook got a lot of hype but I see no evidence of a better season last year. I'm not even a big fan of his or anything, but he was incredible last year. He's never played like that before.

Westbrook is most certainly not a top 10 player right now. I don't take him over a single one of the other elite PG's. He's not ahead of Kobe or Wade or Lebron or Durant. Why should I take him over Paul Pierce? Because Pierce plays in that garbage ass offense? Even tho Pierce looks the same today as 6 seasons ago? I will wait out to see if Dirk is declining and not just bank on last season. He's not better than Dwight. And there's another player too, but I'll leave it at that for now.

And him being a score first PG only proves my point. You can be a shoot first guy. That's not the problem. But Parker is and always was a PG. He ran the team. Westbrook does not do that.
Wow.

Chief Keef
11-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Why do you keep getting banned ?

Idk man lol

RRR3
11-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Idk man lol
I've been banned over 20 times I think lol

Graviton
11-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Westbrook not Top 10? LOL

Parker is in an amazing system that gives him efficient numbers, Westbrook is in Scott's "ISO or die" offense with no ball movement. Spurs are a top passing team with a guaranteed 23-25APG. OKC are in the bottom of APG and rely on Durant's and Westbrook's raw talent to win. You expect Westbrook to average 8+ assists in that offense with ****in Perkins, Ibaka and Sefalosha? Analyze the damn team make up instead of making ignorant statements about Westbrook.

He scored almost 24PPG on 46% last year compared to Kobe's 28 on 42%, he was the #5 scorer in NBA with the damn #1 scorer on his team. That's hard to do, and it should tell you OKC is built on their talents.

I think this year Top 10 would be Lebron, Durant, Dwight, Kobe, CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Rondo, Wade and Harden.

StateOfMind12
11-03-2012, 03:28 AM
I think Harden is a better fit for OKC than Westbrook but Westbrook is the better player.

I sometimes not sure whether or not he is better than Deron Williams and Tony Parker. He is better than Rondo though.

Chief Keef
11-03-2012, 03:30 AM
I've been banned over 20 times I think lol

I'm somewhere up there, maybe around half that number. But I'm not even a troll though.

RRR3
11-03-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm somewhere up there, maybe around half that number. But I'm not even a troll though.
I don't intend to be a troll, but ISH tempts me to be one a lot :D

This is a strange place for sure.

Legends66NBA7
11-03-2012, 03:33 AM

That's what I thought too. I'm like "this guy doesn't troll the forum or anything"... maybe the NSFW stuff in the BTE ?

brandonislegend
11-03-2012, 03:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVitzGz9g2s&feature=youtu.be

Chief Keef
11-03-2012, 03:45 AM
That's what I thought too. I'm like "this guy doesn't troll the forum or anything"... maybe the NSFW stuff in the BTE ?

I don't even post that stuff anymore, and they were never actually that bad.

But most recently I got banned for saying "OP is a ph*****"

:lol

Graviton
11-03-2012, 03:47 AM
I think Harden is a better fit for OKC than Westbrook but Westbrook is the better player.

I sometimes not sure whether or not he is better than Deron Williams and Tony Parker. He is better than Rondo though.
Isn't Westbrook best friends with Rose? Why doesn't he learn some patience and control from him? He has similar physical gifts.

Eh Parker is in a better system, Deron hasn't been a Top 5 PG in a while. He is just an unmotivated slob at this point. His reputation is all that he got.

It's clear that CP3 and Rose are a tier above the other PGs, but Westbrook has the tools to be better than both. But probably not as a sidekick. Rondo can have crazy stats 1 game, then get outplayed by Brandon Jennings lol.

Haymaker
11-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Isn't Westbrook best friends with Rose? Why doesn't he learn some patience and control from him? He has similar physical gifts.

Eh Parker is in a better system, Deron hasn't been a Top 5 PG in a while. He is just an unmotivated slob at this point. His reputation is all that he got.

It's clear that CP3 and Rose are a tier above the other PGs, but Westbrook has the tools to be better than both. But probably not as a sidekick. Rondo can have crazy stats 1 game, then get outplayed by Brandon Jennings lol.

Patience and control from Rose? That's like learning how to behave from Metta World Peace.

Graviton
11-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Patience and control from Rose? That's like learning how to behave from Metta World Peace.
Shows how much you know, Rose is an actual PG that led the league in hockey assists last year along with near 8APG (same as CP3). And in his MVP season he averaged like 27/7 vs top teams in the league and led his team to the best record with no other allstars on his team. He doesn't rush his offense like Westbrook, he picks his time when to facilitate and when to take over.

Maybe I should refresh your memory with a video of Rose shitting on Parker on both D and O last year? He was the only guy along with Lebron to dismantle that Spurs defense by himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0u1soFuSaA

You need patience and control to be that successful vs elite teams, those floaters are the mark of a patient man. Wall is what Rose would be if he just rushed things.

tikay0
11-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Shows how much you know, Rose is an actual PG that led the league in hockey assists last year along with near 8APG (same as CP3). And in his MVP season he averaged like 27/7 vs top teams in the league and led his team to the best record with no other allstars on his team. He doesn't rush his offense like Westbrook, he picks his time when to facilitate and when to take over.

Maybe I should refresh your memory with a video of Rose shitting on Parker on both D and O last year? He was the only guy along with Lebron to dismantle that Spurs defense by himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0u1soFuSaA

You need patience and control to be that successful vs elite teams, those floaters are the mark of a patient man. Wall is what Rose would be if he just rushed things.

You just ethered the "rose plays just like Westbrook!" camp. Um....westrbook might be equal in athletifism, but in overall b ball IQ and actual basketball moves, its really not even close.

LakersForlife
11-03-2012, 05:05 AM
have you seen games .durant deserves blames too.most of the possesion he cant get free for a pass.most of the time hes in check

Graviton
11-03-2012, 05:06 AM
You just ethered the "rose plays just like Westbrook!" camp. Um....westrbook might be equal in athletifism, but in overall b ball IQ and actual basketball moves, its really not even close.
Just youtube Rose vs any elite PG. He always dominates CP3, embarrasses Rondo, DWill, Parker and whoever. CP3/Rondo are supposed to be all D 1st team too lol. Rose is too good, that's why they had to put Lebron on him to finally stop him, the 6 inch taller, 60 pound heavier but comparably agile version of Rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FAmOjKF_k <- CP3 funeral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8YmEuZeyoQ <- Rondo's turn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME75nhFcDKI <- Shumpert wants some

And here is what happens when Rose doesn't guard Rondo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoGiv3VJQNI&feature=related

Graviton
11-03-2012, 05:07 AM
have you seen games .durant deserves blames too.most of the possesion he cant get free for a pass.most of the time hes in check
No, just blame Westbrook for Durant struggling to get open against physical defenders.